PDA

View Full Version : I think he talks a lot of truth but it wont be popular because it's him

NW
05-06-2014, 11:45 AM
I think a lot of what Rowan Vine says is spot on, but no doubt it will be dismissed because he didnt do it for us.
He doent have a go at Hibs as such imo but more the clown that is Butcher

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/rowan-vine-hibs-missed-a-trick-with-james-collins-1-3434024
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/vine-pat-fenlon-would-have-kept-hibs-up-1-3434018
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/high-demands-at-hibs-hamper-recruits-rowan-vine-1-3433991

allezsauzee
05-06-2014, 11:56 AM
I think he makes some valid points. I don't really get why we binned him and replaced him with Haynes. Maybe TB didn't like his beard.

--------
05-06-2014, 12:01 PM
I think a lot of what Rowan Vine says is spot on, but no doubt it will be dismissed because he didnt do it for us.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/rowan-vine-hibs-missed-a-trick-with-james-collins-1-3434024
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/vine-pat-fenlon-would-have-kept-hibs-up-1-3434018
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/high-demands-at-hibs-hamper-recruits-rowan-vine-1-3433991

I would agree - there's a great deal of sense in those three articles.

Especially about the impatience and height of expectation loaded onto anyone who comes to the club (watch your neck, Leeann).

And I also agree that if Pat Fenlon had stayed on, we would almost certainly not have been relegated.

Hibbyradge
05-06-2014, 12:01 PM
. I don't really get why we binned him

He was humpty.

allezsauzee
05-06-2014, 12:03 PM
He was humpty.

My point was that we replaced him with Haynes who is much worse

--------
05-06-2014, 12:03 PM
He was humpty.

But so's the guy Butcher replaced him with, which is the point the OP's making.

Speedway
05-06-2014, 12:07 PM
Danny Haynes isn't even an acceptable replacement for Danny Haynes.

Hibbyradge
05-06-2014, 12:13 PM
My point was that we replaced him with Haynes who is much worse

Sorry, my mistook!

FranckSuzy
05-06-2014, 12:17 PM
Danny Haynes isn't even an acceptable replacement for Danny Haynes.

:tee hee:

Elephant Stone
05-06-2014, 12:18 PM
And I believe that the manager should have said to James at the end of the season, ‘right, I’m going to put my faith in you in the Championship and you’re going to score me 30 goals.’ Instead he went the other way.”

Agreed.

Turkish Green
05-06-2014, 12:19 PM
Methinks that while Fenlon had his jovial Irish ways about him that endeared him to the players, Butcher comes across as an old school sergeant-major type who doesn't fraternize with the players. Once Butcher takes a dislike to a player (eg KT) then they are ostracised. I suspect that if Butcher could totally clear out the 1st team, apart from a few of the youngsters, he would do it. In fact I believe he has almost done it.

I agree that Vine was probably better (not saying much) than his replacement Haynes.

erin go bragh
05-06-2014, 12:21 PM
How many goals did Vine score for us ?
Not much to choose between Vine and Haynes tbh . Both were utter tom kite .

Ggtth

S4uzee
05-06-2014, 12:22 PM
" I believe James is a good centre-forward who, if you give him six chances in a game, will always score one or two."

That is brilliant. Very rarely do strikers get 6 chances in a game and he'd only score 1, yip good centre-forward. He missed numerous sitters

Lee Marvin
05-06-2014, 12:22 PM
Another piece of evidence to the case that butcher is incapable and should GTF.

Besides the Leanne dempster email thread, literally everything I read about hibs upsets me just now

JustSimplyHibs
05-06-2014, 12:28 PM
I think he makes some valid points. I don't really get why we binned him and replaced him with Haynes. Maybe TB didn't like his beard.

Because he was useless, never offered himself for a pass, didnae back track, couldnae pass to his own team, half hearted attempts at trying to win the ball back, didnae watch the offside line.

Very poor player who was a panic buy before Malmo and still has a grudge against Hibs... Note to Vine. Maybe if you pulled yer finger oot yer backside, stopped talking paper trash and worked harder during training and games you would still be here - but you never.

As for Haynes, :faf::yw:

jacomo
05-06-2014, 12:29 PM
Methinks that while Fenlon had his jovial Irish ways about him that endeared him to the players, Butcher comes across as an old school sergeant-major type who doesn't fraternize with the players. Once Butcher takes a dislike to a player (eg KT) then they are ostracised. I suspect that if Butcher could totally clear out the 1st team, apart from a few of the youngsters, he would do it. In fact I believe he has almost done it.

I agree that Vine was probably better (not saying much) than his replacement Haynes.

Not bothered about managers fraternizing with the players, but it now seems the case that Butcher did not offer an equal opportunity to all. Some players clearly felt they weren't given any chance under him.

Sick of it, to be honest. Can we not find a manager who is a decent coach and inspiring leader?

patlowe
05-06-2014, 12:41 PM
" I believe James is a good centre-forward who, if you give him six chances in a game, will always score one or two."

That is brilliant. Very rarely do strikers get 6 chances in a game and he'd only score 1, yip good centre-forward. He missed numerous sitters

If only he'd been teed up for four or five more sitters in each derby he would have been a hero! :aok:

I have nothing whatsoever against Collins but it's abundantly clear that he is not a top class striker, although it is a shame that he got abuse and his confidence took a bit of a battering. Best for both parties that he left IMO.

Dashing Bob S
05-06-2014, 12:43 PM
I agree with every word Vine says. It's a pity he talks a better game than he plays, but he's pretty much spot on.

Hibbyradge
05-06-2014, 12:48 PM

I mentioned this to my mate last night.

Graeme Souness once slagged Emile Heskey off saying that he "needed 5 chances to score one goal".

Heskey won 62 caps for England and played at the highest level in the EPL.

Funny innit...

Paloschi
05-06-2014, 12:50 PM
Talks the talk alright.

Unfortunately he could not do that on the pitch. All doesn't matter now and I'm sick of players going after Butcher. You were mince under Fenlon you plum.

Turkish Green
05-06-2014, 12:51 PM

I can recall a glaring one.

PETRIE OUT

SlickShoes
05-06-2014, 12:53 PM
The expectations that were placed on vine were to not be utterly incapable of playing anything resembling professional football.

He was garbage.

I am sure if Terry had befriended all the players and patted them on the bum Vine would have scored multiple goals and Collins would be getting picked for England.

Kato
05-06-2014, 12:55 PM
EEN giving him three pages to get tore in about Hibs? Why his is opinion so valuable?

...as to this....

There’s a pressure of playing for Hibs, with the media and the spectator-based expectancy.

....this spectator expects someone on a footbal pitch who is getting paid to be there to be able to trap a ball and pass it a few yards or so. This guy failed in even the basic skills when he was here, some neck criticising anyone. He and Collins let Fenlon down badly, neither kicked a ball for him, but I suppose that's because Hibs used to have better players and fans aren't used to fools collapsing around the park like a broken clotheshorse any time the ball comes near them. What a dick.

Bobby's Cinema
05-06-2014, 12:58 PM
Maybe not the easiest to hear coming from him but largely true.

Just another instance where you must look at the manager. Dropping players in and out of the team, not willing to change a playing style that is not working, tactics which isolate the striker. Awful man-management.

James had plenty of opportunities. But the manager hasn't helped.

blindsummit
05-06-2014, 01:00 PM
Vine did say some interesting things there but he also inadvertantly highlighted a glaring problem we have had for years.

he talked about how the "expectations" at the club were hard for players to handle and that he felt players weren't given enough time.

Well I disagree. What that says to me that we have had a lot of soft, whiny bottlers as players, Vine included.

As the old saying goes, if you can't stand the heat then stay out of the kitchen! Of course there are expectations at Hibs, as there are at other top clubs the world over. If you didn't know that and can't handle that then what the hell are you signing for! Go play for some amateur club for fun then.

Vine, Collins et al had PLENTY of time to get up to speed, but were too lazy and cowardly to do it.

It's just another way of blaming the fans "boo hoo those nasty fans ecpected us to play well after only half a season together, I demand I'm given three seasons the I MIGHT score a goal...".

If I came out with that self serving drivel at work my boss and colleagues would be amused, and not in a good way.

We need comitted and tough players who can have high expectations of THEMSELVES and a desire to win and excel.

Any player who can't handle that, then DON'T SIGN FOR HIBS!

Bostonhibby
05-06-2014, 01:01 PM
Surprised we haven't got him on board to help shape the future of the club :rolleyes:

Hows this visionary been doing at Morton?

Johnny_Leith
05-06-2014, 01:03 PM
A striker that needs 6 chances to score is not what I would describe as "a good centre forward".

Collins admitting via Vine that he wanted out as soon as we were relegated shows his lack of desire and that he is weak, mentally. I always hoped it came off for Collins but now I am glad he's gone having read that article (albeit, it is not from Collins directly, but if it's true then we're better with fresh blood)

I totally and utterly agree with Vine's comments about Butcher however. How he is still here clearly must be down to finances rather than a footballing decision.

jacomo
05-06-2014, 01:42 PM
A striker that needs 6 chances to score is not what I would describe as "a good centre forward".

Collins admitting via Vine that he wanted out as soon as we were relegated shows his lack of desire and that he is weak, mentally. I always hoped it came off for Collins but now I am glad he's gone having read that article (albeit, it is not from Collins directly, but if it's true then we're better with fresh blood)

I totally and utterly agree with Vine's comments about Butcher however. How he is still here clearly must be down to finances rather than a footballing decision.

Wow, that's harsh.

Look at it from his point of view - he's not a Hibs fan, is hired by one boss who's sacked after a few months and replaced by someone who doesn't rate him. He struggles massively and the fans don't take to him. The new boss still doesn't like him and tells him so. Club gets relegated and he's held partially to blame. He gets a chance to return to a club where he has happy memories. Hibs agree.

What would you do?

I'm annoyed it didn't work out for him - just another two or three goals would have spared us from relegation. But let's leave it at that.

Johnny_Leith
05-06-2014, 01:49 PM
Wow, that's harsh.

Look at it from his point of view - he's not a Hibs fan, is hired by one boss who's sacked after a few months and replaced by someone who doesn't rate him. He struggles massively and the fans don't take to him. The new boss still doesn't like him and tells him so. Club gets relegated and he's held partially to blame. He gets a chance to return to a club where he has happy memories. Hibs agree.

What would you do?

I'm annoyed it didn't work out for him - just another two or three goals would have spared us from relegation. But let's leave it at that.

And that's fair enough that he has made the move, I understand why. However if he had a bit of belief in himself, a determination to prove Butcher and co wrong and make himself number 1 striker at the club with a siege mentality then maybe it would have turned out differently.

Where would you rather play? potentially the top league with the chance of European Football and challenging in cups infront of 20,000(occasionally!) , or the 4th tier of English football infront of 10k max. No doubt finances will play a part in his decision but I have no idea what he was earning up here so can't comment on that.

Anyway, he's away now. Onwards and upwards.

Sir David Gray
05-06-2014, 02:06 PM
I agree with some of the things he says in those articles but I certainly don't have any issue with Collins being allowed to leave.

Maybe Vine should consider being a pundit. He certainly seems to be better at that than he is at the day job.

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-06-2014, 02:22 PM
Vine was torture BUT, off the top of my head I remember him assisting 4 goals with quality crosses into the box. Something I don't think we done once in the past 6 months??

Probably marginally better than Haynes. However, it's a bit like trying to decide whether you'd rather get crapped on my a seagull or stand in dog crap tbh

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-06-2014, 02:23 PM
by*

Hibiza
05-06-2014, 02:41 PM
" Hibs expect too much........ blah ... blah..)". Rowan, stick to what youre best at. Running about a football pitch like a heidless chicken.

edinburghhibee
05-06-2014, 02:44 PM
Sorry wait, hibs expect too much??? All we expected from our bunch of spineless cowards was for them to do enough to stay in the premier last season and he thinks that's too much??

**** off vine congratulations on helping both you clubs relegated this season ya plum!!!

ALF TUPPER
05-06-2014, 02:57 PM
Should have done your talking on the pitch. All we needed was 3 points.

Twonk !

IberianHibernian
05-06-2014, 03:11 PM
Read the 3 articles and agree with almost everything Vine says . And having a big group of ex players badmouthing club or manager especially one who relegated us won`t help player recruitment in the future .

Diclonius
05-06-2014, 03:20 PM
I expect my team not to get relegated. Sorry for asking too much.

Bostonhibby
05-06-2014, 03:36 PM
I am really looking forward to the next chapter in the EN when Vine tells us why they, he in particular were crap under Fenlons guidance. For balance the EN is bound to want to explore this.:rolleyes:

GreenLake
05-06-2014, 03:43 PM
I hope we get players in who are up for hot landings in the green zone and ready to fight with the team on the pitch.

Vine can find his next club after Hibs and Morton failures.

Hibtastic
05-06-2014, 03:47 PM
Words of complete and utter failure if you ask me.

macd123
05-06-2014, 03:51 PM
Because he was useless, never offered himself for a pass, didnae back track, couldnae pass to his own team, half hearted attempts at trying to win the ball back, didnae watch the offside line.

Very poor player who was a panic buy before Malmo and still has a grudge against Hibs... Note to Vine. Maybe if you pulled yer finger oot yer backside, stopped talking paper trash and worked harder during training and games you would still be here - but you never.

None of us know how good a player either vine or haynes are. They hardly played for us and both were completely written off after ONE game - vine after the first motherwell game at home, haynes after the st mirren game away. It's utter madness. We know for starters vine can score 7 goals from the left wing at spl level. Even half that amount would have kept us up this season.

Sometimes i wonder if people are so used to watching the English premiership they forget we are only spl and not at the highest level. And people forget how much claros and griffiths struggled at first. There are several players who looked poor at first but made big improvements under pat fenlon. But almost every player got worse under butcher.

Pat "had to go" after finishing 7th, mixu 6th and hughes 4th. But once we find someone really abysmal who gets us relegated in 12th place, we decide to stick by him!! We haven't been backing the right people, it's that simple.

SanFranHibs
05-06-2014, 03:51 PM
as long as he is not IN TALKS WITH us again !!

:flag:

Golden Bear
05-06-2014, 03:53 PM
He's obviously never seen himself nor his former teammates play.

Beefster
05-06-2014, 04:03 PM
I suspect that Vine is a touch bitter about his spell at Hibs. Not as bitter as I am at having to pay to watch him blowing out of his arse after 25 minutes but hey ho.

Keith_M
05-06-2014, 04:05 PM
" Hibs expect too much........ blah ... blah..)".

Definitely! It's ridiculous that Hibs fans expected the team to win more than two games this year and actually stay in the Premiership.

That must be unbelievable pressure for a player.

CallumLaidlaw
05-06-2014, 04:15 PM
Bet if you look at his interviews after he's left every one of his clubs, they'll have a similar theme.
And I bet you the fans of the clubs he's played for have a fairly similar opinion of him.
He certainly likes to blame anyone but himself.

jacomo
05-06-2014, 04:33 PM
No context or source, but I don't telling everybody and anybody that I am absolutely FUMING.

GTF :grr: etc etc

ballengeich
05-06-2014, 04:47 PM
Vine was torture BUT, off the top of my head I remember him assisting 4 goals with quality crosses into the box. Something I don't think we done once in the past 6 months??

None of us know how good a player either vine or haynes are. They hardly played for us and both were completely written off after ONE game - vine after the first motherwell game at home, haynes after the st mirren game away. It's utter madness. We know for starters vine can score 7 goals from the left wing at spl level. Even half that amount would have kept us up this season.

Good points. I thought Vine might have been accepted better if he'd not been given the number 9, which led people to expect him to be our main central striker. As you've both pointed out his attacking attributes were to put in crosses and contribute some goals from a wide position.

Both he and Craig had done well in a St Johnstone side that had finished above us in 2012-13. I don't believe either has suddenly lost all his ability, but no thought seemed to have been given by either of our managers this season as to how best to use their talent.

R'Albin
05-06-2014, 04:47 PM
After reading that comment I really wish I could be arsed changing my avatar.

NAE NOOKIE
05-06-2014, 05:09 PM
Didn't work out at Hibs for Vine .... It happens Rowan, get over it mate.

I do however slightly agree about his assessment of Collins ... he was a hard working player and I don't think Hibs style ( if that's what you can call it ) of play suited him.

I for one wish the lad well and hope he goes on to do well down in that England.

Spike Mandela
05-06-2014, 05:18 PM
Unfortunately we can only judge him on what he did at Hibs and not on what he thinks he would have done if given longer.

An absolute dud with a high opinion of himself.

allezsauzee
05-06-2014, 05:34 PM
I agree with Vine that the likes of him and Liam Craig got less time to settle than at St Johnstone. That's the nature of football though, the bigger the club , the higher the expectations. Some players are quite capable of playing in front of 2-3k of their own fans knowing that they probably better than the majority of players that have historically played at the club. That can be a lot different from playing in front of 4 times as many fans and for a club with a history of having some quality players and teams in the past.

emerald green
05-06-2014, 05:40 PM
Not interested in what this failure has to say about Hibs. If he was even a half decent footballer I might listen to what he has to say.

Terrible player. Don't think he could even do it at Morton never mind Hibs.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-06-2014, 05:50 PM
I agree with what he is saying in these articles.

I see he is telling fans on Twitter he found TB & MM methods basic and motivational skills even worse.

Gordy M
05-06-2014, 05:57 PM
To be honest i dont want to hear or read anything from these ex players unless its a full and frank apology for last season. I couldnt care less if they were shouted at or the fans 'expected' more.....dont make me laugh. Imagine football fans expecting a win?? Whatever next! They let us down big time and im not interested in their excuses. They had their chance at hibs, they made a mess of it, cheerio.

Bishop Hibee
05-06-2014, 06:01 PM
Vine was ****ing murder. Couldn't even get a game in our powderpuff attack under PF or TB. I expect a Hibs striker to be able to get double figures in goals in the league. If that is too high expectations then don't sign for us. Total roaster.

Hibs Class
05-06-2014, 06:04 PM

One in six was the ratio Malcolm MacDonald of Newcastle/England used to aim for. Strikers may not get six chances in a game but no-one expects them to score every game either.

Danderhall Hibs
05-06-2014, 06:18 PM
He played 6 games and was written off.

He's right.

macd123
05-06-2014, 10:10 PM
Not interested in what this failure has to say about Hibs. If he was even a half decent footballer I might listen to what he has to say.

4 goals in 12 games for morton

tamig
05-06-2014, 10:14 PM

Read this earlier before I saw the thread. I think the guy makes a lot of good points and I agree with his comments about Collins as well.

The_Horde
05-06-2014, 11:15 PM
Anybody listening to Rowan Vine needs their head examined.

AgentDaleCooper
06-06-2014, 12:11 AM
;4049673']Anybody listening to Rowan Vine needs their head examined.

***** footballer does not make you unable to understand a dressing room. Mourinho and Wenger being pretty good examples.

The_Horde
06-06-2014, 12:18 AM
***** footballer does not make you unable to understand a dressing room. Mourinho and Wenger being pretty good examples.

Aye. But you realise he's slavering nonsense when he backs collins to come good.

Crazyhorse
06-06-2014, 12:19 AM

Sometimes i wonder if people are so used to watching the English premiership they forget we are only spl and not at the highest level. And people forget how much claros and griffiths struggled at first. There are several players who looked poor at first but made big improvements under pat fenlon. But almost every player got worse under butcher.

Pat "had to go" after finishing 7th, mixu 6th and hughes 4th. But once we find someone really abysmal who gets us relegated in 12th place, we decide to stick by him!! We haven't been backing the right people, it's that simple.

Agree mate. But some people are born believers ... Waco, Heavens Gate, Petrie cult, Butcher cult. The messiahs are always blameless lets pick on some minor cog in the machine.

Bostonhibby
06-06-2014, 08:19 AM

You will have a deeper understanding if you are part of what is wrong with that dressing room. Crap team member on and off the pitch by the sound of it.

Northernhibee
06-06-2014, 06:15 PM
He talks sense.

southsider
06-06-2014, 06:38 PM
He talks far better than he ever played. Perhaps he has found he true vocation ?

Bostonhibby
06-06-2014, 06:38 PM
In his time at Hibs I thought he was a poor footballer, generally unfit and a bit disinterested, now it seems he might have been a bit of a mumper behind the scenes if not openly. Just what you need in the dressing room and to influence the youngsters. Shame as I had high expectations.

And I am not saying it just because its him :-)

yekimevol
06-06-2014, 06:58 PM

I can agree with lots of what vine is saying to be honest, the one part i dont agree with is that its the expectations at Easter Road that stopped this team from playing. His prime example was Craig, During Fenlons time this season he was our top goal scorer, performing well the team werent full expressing themselves but they still performed at a decent level. I put this square at Butchers shoulders, Fenlon must have found a way to relieve the pressure and motivate these lads and i fully believe that given another season Pat could have built a top six team; This should have been the season for it, but losing a player like leigh put us back a full season.

Bostonhibby
06-06-2014, 07:21 PM
Vine focussing his personal ire on Butcher tends to suggest that its under Butcher that Vine"s form dipped, rot se in or whatever. Obvious really as he was outstanding under Fenlon right enough. As one poster says above whenever Vines moves on he probably says the same thing, maybe not as publicly. Nae loss, as Morton discovered.

Dashing Bob S
06-06-2014, 07:25 PM
;4049673']Anybody watching Rowan Vine play needs their head examined.

Fixed it for you.

givescotlandfreedom
11-06-2014, 02:10 AM
Vine spent most of yesterday noising up angry Hibs fans on twitter (some were abusive but others seemed genuine). The fact he's gloating about the state we're in and mocking folk who paid his wages goes a long way to show how wrong and toxic things have gotten here.

Bostonhibby
11-06-2014, 07:03 AM
Vine spent most of yesterday noising up angry Hibs fans on twitter (some were abusive but others seemed genuine). The fact he's gloating about the state we're in and mocking folk who paid his wages goes a long way to show how wrong and toxic things have gotten here.

Could he fill the Matt Doherty role? Certainly finally showing some ability and interest.

Kato
11-06-2014, 08:37 PM
The fact he's gloating about the state we're in and mocking folk who paid his wages goes a long way to show how wrong and toxic things have gotten here.

I think it goes a long way to show what a big, beardy baby Rowan Vine is.

basehibby
11-06-2014, 11:33 PM
I think he speaks a lot of sense in those articles - just a shame he didn't push himself to be more ready for the challenge at Hibs as he was slower than a week in jail every time I saw him play. But one quote which sticks out for me is this:

" You do get the feeling at Hibs, that they’re waiting on players to hit the ground running. It’s tough, especially when you’re bringing in about six players in the same boat.”

I think that sums up nicely the negative cycle we've gotten into over the last 5 years or so - every season we've been replacing half the team - many of them recruited on the last day of the window. Inevitably some of them are not physically/mentally ready to slot in the team - they get pilloried - they lose confidence and drop out the side and the team gets worse - the manager gets sacked and half the team gets shipped out and so the cycle continues.

Us - the fans are not ultimately the problem although I think we sometimes unwittingly contribute to it. We have in the past been willing to wait for fans favourites like Deeks and GOC to get in shape because we KNOW what they're capable of and they were "one of our own". Whoever we get in as manager and whoever he ends up recruiting we're going to have to show some patience for a change - cos there's going to be one helluva rebuilding job and we'll be lucky if things start clicking straight away.

The_Horde
11-06-2014, 11:44 PM
Fixed it for you.

:greengrin

I've booked the therapist.

ekhibee
12-06-2014, 01:36 AM

This.I'm actually quite amazed this thread has gone on as long as it has!

Baader
12-06-2014, 06:29 AM
Maybe Jeremy Vine needs reminding that he done nothing under Fenlon either...

12-06-2014, 07:25 AM

Spot on. Seems very bitter towards hibs. Perhaps trying to cover the fact that he's an absolutely rank player who was even too ***** for our piss poor team last season. I agree with what he says about Butcher but maybe he should be more focused on the fact he is a complete humpty rather than constantly making digs at his former club.

12-06-2014, 07:29 AM
Follow him on twitter and he comes across as a very bitter, classless prick.

As a previous poster said, I'd take his views more seriously if he actually had some football ability. He was punted because he was just horrendous so if I was him I would just accept it and move on rather than looking fr people to blame.

Devine
12-06-2014, 08:08 AM
This is really starting to get my goat. Former players all rallying round each other to say it was big bad Butchers fault, well maybe they should have shown this team spirit and togetherness when they were on the park.

Another thing if Fenlon was so great why were they not performing to a 'decent' standard under him?? Another myth they are peddling for their own ends.

We don't give players long to settle & its really hard? Has Vine not played down south for some decent clubs arguably bigger than Hibs? Were they all nice and patient with him? The long list of clubs hes been punted from suggest that he has been declining as a footballer for some time and is now utter garbage and this is an attempt to deflect from his woeful performances at Hibs & Morton.

Rowan Vine wasnt given many chances by Fenlon and when he did he was horrendous. James Collins was given plenty of chances and was horrendous. If Collins was so good & just had a 'bad' season surely a number of decent English clubs would have been battering the door down to get him? No that will just be the lowly Shrewsbury then...As with the vast majority of players who leave Easter Road there is only one way he was going and thats down