PDA

View Full Version : How sick would you feel if you lost out on promotion like this?

Hibbyradge
05-06-2014, 10:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FYCGjkqbOE

ekhibee
05-06-2014, 10:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FYCGjkqbOE

I copied this from another thread I started, it's got that one in it.

http://youtu.be/zRUDSz6fofo

hibbysam
05-06-2014, 10:53 AM
Isn't the rule that as soon as the ball stops going forward that the penalty is finished?

MrSmith
05-06-2014, 11:00 AM
Isn't the rule that as soon as the ball stops going forward that the penalty is finished?

What happens if it hits one post, travels along the goal line without going in but goes in off the other post?

I think, if the ball is still in play and travelling but isn't interfed with, it must count.

calumhibee1
05-06-2014, 11:01 AM

Yup. In a shootout if the ball hits the post, comes back out and hits the keeper then it shouldn't count. :agree:

Peevemor
05-06-2014, 11:05 AM
What happens if it hits one post, travels along the goal line without going in but goes in off the other post?

Or even if it comes of the post then goes in off the keeper?

I think, if the ball is still in play and travelling but isn't interfed with, it must count.

That seems logical to me.

Peevemor
05-06-2014, 11:21 AM
Yup. In a shootout if the ball hits the post, comes back out and hits the keeper then it shouldn't count. :agree:

Didn't know that.

Hibbyradge
05-06-2014, 11:37 AM

Is that true?

See Q1. (http://web.orange.co.uk/p/football/ask_the_gaffer?type=search&q=laws)

calumhibee1
05-06-2014, 11:40 AM
Is that true?

See Q1. (http://web.orange.co.uk/p/football/ask_the_gaffer?type=search&q=laws)

I've definitely read somewhere that it's the case!

--------
05-06-2014, 11:52 AM

According to LAW 14 of the laws of the game -

"Procedure

After the players have taken positions in accordance with this Law, the referee signals for the penalty kick to be taken
The player taking the penalty kick must kick the ball forward
He must not play the ball again until it has touched another player
The ball is in play when it is kicked and moves forward

When a penalty kick is taken during the normal course of play, or time has been extended at half-time or full time to allow a penalty kick to be taken or retaken, a goal is awarded if, before passing between the goalposts and under the crossbar:

the ball touches either or both of the goalposts and/or the crossbar and/or the goalkeeper

The referee decides when a penalty kick has been completed."

The goalkeeper should stay in his goal until the referee blows the whistle to signal that the kick has been completed.

I see no reason to disallow that penalty kick.

I'd sack the idiot goalkeeper, though.

hibbysam
08-06-2014, 11:03 AM
According to LAW 14 of the laws of the game -

"Procedure

After the players have taken positions in accordance with this Law, the referee signals for the penalty kick to be taken
The player taking the penalty kick must kick the ball forward
He must not play the ball again until it has touched another player
The ball is in play when it is kicked and moves forward

When a penalty kick is taken during the normal course of play, or time has been extended at half-time or full time to allow a penalty kick to be taken or retaken, a goal is awarded if, before passing between the goalposts and under the crossbar:

the ball touches either or both of the goalposts and/or the crossbar and/or the goalkeeper

The referee decides when a penalty kick has been completed."

The goalkeeper should stay in his goal until the referee blows the whistle to signal that the kick has been completed.

I see no reason to disallow that penalty kick.

I'd sack the idiot goalkeeper, though.

That states in normal gameplay time not in a penalty shoot out! Game time if it comes back out it's still in play so can either be put over the line or roll over the line of course it will count... In a shoot out nothing else happens after a penalty is taken...

Northernhibee
08-06-2014, 11:06 AM
Probably like our neighbours did at the hands of Sir Albert Kidd :greengrin

delbert
08-06-2014, 09:22 PM

Incorrect, if the ball hits the post, crossbar and/or keeper or any combination and the ball then wholly crosses the line then the referee will award a goal providing the momentum came from the original kick, ultimately the referee decides when the kick is completed. This law was clarified after an incident in a penalty shootout during the 1994 World Cup in the USA when a referee allowed a goal after a kick struck both posts before going in. The team who lost protested but FIFA backed the referee and the following season the paragraph quoted by an earlier poster was added to the Laws of the Game for clarification.