View Full Version : Leeann Dempster's Reply To A Hibs Fan

04-06-2014, 07:56 PM
Just saw this on Facebook and thought it was worth sharing :aok: :top marks

"I wrote to the club the day after we were relegated and explained that I did not want to fund Petrie's selfish career aspirations, nor reward him for his failures, by giving the club any more of my hard earned cash, whilst he still defiantly hangs on to his green tie. I got no response. I wrote to the board again .. and still got no response. I managed to ascertain that Finance Director Jamie Marwick was the man who was responsible for season ticket enquiries, when I telephoned the club today, but after explaining that I was a bit fed up awaiting another promised response, the receptionist got really arsey and hung up. I wrote directly to him today and got a response from Leeann Dempster earlier this evening.

Mr XXXX,

I’ve had a note of your email and subsequent complaint. I felt it appropriate that I reply and apologise on behalf of the club for the time it has taken to respond but as noted in your email, the club is in a period of change and challenge. I noticed that you have signed off your email as an East stand diehard therefore I can only imagine your feelings at the moment as everyone is suffering. If you’ll allow us a little more time in regards to the season tickets, I have a meeting with supporter representatives on Saturday (it is a well-publicised meeting so I am sure you are aware of it). At this meeting, amongst many points that I am sure I’ll face, it is my intention to bring the subject of season tickets and season ticket pricing up.

Clearly we have a decision to make but I’d like that, where possible, the decision be an informed one and one that has been discussed with supporter groups.
It is in my plans to be far more communicative and open with supporters and you may ask why I am taking the time to respond when I should have better things to be doing. The point of the matter is clearly that I do have other priorities however I also want to get across to supporters that there is a change of direction and that we will be more contactable so I thought a direct response to your complaint would be a good start!
Jamie will take a note of this email and pass it onto the ticketing department and I will make sure that you are personally contacted. It is my intention to communicate with all supporters and current season ticket holders next week regarding the above. You have my contact details now too.

Ashley, can you have someone in ticketing speak to me about this early next week to remind me to diarise.

Once again, I apologise for the delay and I will ensure you have a response as promptly as possible.

Kind regards
Leeann
Leeann Dempster | Chief Executive
The Hibernian Football Club Limited
Easter Road Stadium, 12 Albion Place, Edinburgh. EH7 5QG".

04-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Blimey.

04-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Bit of class to be honest. Getting a personal response from her. She definitely appears to be trying her best.

Tinribs
04-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Well, that is a good start to her time with us. She was well known at Motherwell for engaging fans and not hiding behind the boardroom waffle. Lets see how it pans out.

04-06-2014, 08:05 PM
Well, for me, she's earnt more respect and goodwill in 3 days and 1 email to a fan than Rod has in 18 years.

Lee Marvin
04-06-2014, 08:05 PM

"I wrote to the club the day after we were relegated and explained that I did not want to fund Petrie's selfish career aspirations, nor reward him for his failures, by giving the club any more of my hard earned cash, whilst he still defiantly hangs on to his green tie. I got no response. I wrote to the board again .. and still got no response. I managed to ascertain that Finance Director Jamie Marwick was the man who was responsible for season ticket enquiries, when I telephoned the club today, but after explaining that I was a bit fed up awaiting another promised response, the receptionist got really arsey and hung up. I wrote directly to him today and got a response from Leeann Dempster earlier this evening.

Mr XXXX,

I’ve had a note of your email and subsequent complaint. I felt it appropriate that I reply and apologise on behalf of the club for the time it has taken to respond but as noted in your email, the club is in a period of change and challenge. I noticed that you have signed off your email as an East stand diehard therefore I can only imagine your feelings at the moment as everyone is suffering. If you’ll allow us a little more time in regards to the season tickets, I have a meeting with supporter representatives on Saturday (it is a well-publicised meeting so I am sure you are aware of it). At this meeting, amongst many points that I am sure I’ll face, it is my intention to bring the subject of season tickets and season ticket pricing up.

Clearly we have a decision to make but I’d like that, where possible, the decision be an informed one and one that has been discussed with supporter groups.
It is in my plans to be far more communicative and open with supporters and you may ask why I am taking the time to respond when I should have better things to be doing. The point of the matter is clearly that I do have other priorities however I also want to get across to supporters that there is a change of direction and that we will be more contactable so I thought a direct response to your complaint would be a good start!
Jamie will take a note of this email and pass it onto the ticketing department and I will make sure that you are personally contacted. It is my intention to communicate with all supporters and current season ticket holders next week regarding the above. You have my contact details now too.
Ashley, can you have someone in ticketing speak to me about this early next week to remind me to diarise.
Once again, I apologise for the delay and I will ensure you have a response as promptly as possible.

Kind regards
Leeann
Easter Road Stadium, 12 Albion Place, Edinburgh. EH7 5QG

First decent thing in relation to hibs to happen for months imo. We may just have a normal human and leader here.

I know it's only an email, but it feels like do much more.

04-06-2014, 08:07 PM
It is in my plans to be far more communicative and open with supporters and you may ask why I am taking the time to respond when I should have better things to be doing.

Brilliant.:aok:

04-06-2014, 08:12 PM
A very good reply. :top marks

04-06-2014, 08:13 PM
Top class.

More of the same please and she will do just fine.

04-06-2014, 08:15 PM
Fair play to her - lets hope this isn't another false dawn.

04-06-2014, 08:15 PM
Well, for me, she's earnt more respect and goodwill in 3 days and 1 email to a fan than Rod has in 18 years.

Calum68
04-06-2014, 08:16 PM
I think it's great that she's responded and given commitment to be more communicative. I think we all need to get behind her and give her a chance.

Let's hope this is the start of those sweeping changes we've been told will happen :greengrin

:top marks Leeann

A response far ahead of any RP could produce :top marks

One email in and we have all the proof we need that we don't need RP :devil: :greengrin

Scònaldò
04-06-2014, 08:18 PM
I sincerely hopes she gets the chance to clean up our club from the very bottom to the very top, with or without Rod.

Greenblood70
04-06-2014, 08:20 PM
No spin, no flannel, exactly what was required IMO.

She'll do a fantastic job given the space and freedom to carry out her plans.

Now Leann just get rid of Terry and June, throw Rod down the stairs and you'll be up there wi Stanton and Sauzee as a Hibee legend!

04-06-2014, 08:23 PM
No spin, no flannel, exactly what was required IMO.

She'll do a fantastic job given the space and freedom to carry out her plans.

Now Leann just get rid of Terry and June, throw Rod down the stairs and you'll be up there wi Stanton and Sauzee as a Hibee legend!

Who's June? :confused:

That's what I call encouraging. No waffle, no doublespeak, no Petrieisms.

Baldy
04-06-2014, 08:24 PM
its the small things in life that usually make the biggest impact ... Leanne's response was a small thing that has had a big impact

04-06-2014, 08:27 PM
Bit of class to be honest. Getting a personal response from her. She definitely appears to be trying her best.

It isnt just about the personal response from Leeanne though is it.

In reading this email it makes me aware that this woman knows herself the lack of communication and sheer disrespect of the supporters thats been given by the club hierarchy.

She realises that she does have more important business to attend to but she also know that the supporters too are a VERY important part of that business.

The Season Ticket prices are also something i want to hear about too as any money given to the manager will come from them being bought.

She is also getting other staff involved with Jaimie being given the task and the ticket office being asked for more information and she has made sure she wont forget any further need to do more.

This is only one email but its a start in the right direction. So why dont we let her get on with her job and she will be able to let us have more information on what changes lie ahead for us all?

It may be that in recoginsing the need for him to relinquish football matters he has at last picked someone who will do what she says and listen to the supporters.

We wont know this unless you give her a chance to get moving on things that are paramount to her agenda.

Give her a chance!

04-06-2014, 08:28 PM
Happy with that. No Corporate-Speak-Waffle designed to hedge any bets which was/is RP's most annoying habit (apart knowing the square root of hee-haw about running a football club.)

04-06-2014, 08:29 PM
Petrie told her to right that.

04-06-2014, 08:30 PM

Who told her to write it then?

04-06-2014, 08:31 PM
At last something positive coming from within the club

Manners cost nothing

Decency to reply

Are you reading this KING ROD

IT AINT DIFFICULT

good on you Leeann

Nah, he left her to get on with it :wink:

Can I also say that her response is, despite the subject being debated on another thread, Hibs Class.

If we are about to get Sauzee standards of leadership in the Boardroom then I am feeling very optimistic.

04-06-2014, 08:37 PM
Who told her to write it then?

You just righted it for me. :greengrin:

04-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Nah, he left her to get on with it :wink:

Don't you start to! :wink:

04-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Can I also say that her response is, despite the subject being debated on another thread, Hibs Class.

If we are about to get Sauzee standards of leadership in the Boardroom then I am feeling very optimistic.

After years of Rodders taking the Jarkko Wiss we deserve nothing less...

04-06-2014, 08:39 PM
Well done Hibs great response. The club is already communicating better with fans. Can only be a good thing going forward

04-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Well done Leeann, great to see she is addressing one of the main problems at ER over the years.

Who knows, I might even get a response to the 3 e-mails I sent to the Board over the last few months.

Demp-STAR!

Islington Hibs
Impressive- a good start

04-06-2014, 08:41 PM
You just righted it for me. :greengrin:

Haha touche.

04-06-2014, 08:43 PM
Very good email from Leeann. However, I hope we now all don't expect such personal replies. She has a lot to do and spending all day doing personal replies is a waste of her resources.

Lewis77
04-06-2014, 08:43 PM
Let's just hope she does a good job. The message I pick up on all this is she will now be in charge. Let's hope it's not smoke and mirrors

04-06-2014, 08:44 PM

Im amazed to be fair,she does have a lot on her plate just now so good on her to do this.
A very positive start ,keep it up please ld

04-06-2014, 08:47 PM
i bet a reply like that wasn't expected!

she means business and needs time to do what she needs to do, saturday will be interesting and i think she will have a lot of good things to say and hopefully bring a lot of positivity to the club, everything since relegation has been doom and gloom and there are lots to sort out at the club but, saturday could be the start of a new positive chapter

04-06-2014, 08:47 PM
Don't you start to! :wink:

Too right I will :greengrin

04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Too right I will :greengrin

Their you go again.!

04-06-2014, 08:55 PM
Their you go again.!

There too tempting :greengrin

04-06-2014, 08:55 PM
Go Leeann.

04-06-2014, 09:02 PM
There too tempting :greengrin

They're definitely that :greengrin

Wilbur
04-06-2014, 09:06 PM

This!

04-06-2014, 09:14 PM
The reaction to one email just shows the utter contempt Petrie and co had and have for the supporters. If only he would bugger off, the fans would really unite behind the club 100%.

Leith_Hibee
04-06-2014, 09:25 PM
Good response, we need to give her time to sort the club out.

The season ticket discussion with fans will go along the lines of cheaper tickets reducing TB's budget or maintain prices to maximise chance of bouncing back. What would you prefer?

Turkish Green
04-06-2014, 09:34 PM
Wind of change.

And with Budgie over at the other place bringing in the changes there it looks like woman power is the way forward.

PETRIE OUT

04-06-2014, 09:36 PM
That's a nice genuine reply. Small things make a big difference.

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

hibbymick
04-06-2014, 09:36 PM
Think I will email her about the rank pies that get served up,,,,,,,,,,,,,lets see if shes consistant :cb

04-06-2014, 09:37 PM
Think I will email her about the rank pies that get served up,,,,,,,,,,,,,lets see if shes consistant :cb

Mind and mention the pricks that run the fans websites

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

Lewis77
04-06-2014, 09:39 PM
Wind of change.

And with Budgie over at the other place bringing in the changes there it looks like woman power is the way forward.

PETRIE OUT

Don't care what's between the legs of the person in control as long as the club starts to motor in the right direction. The worst thing about all of this is the utter frustration.

04-06-2014, 09:40 PM
9 out of 10 for the response, with a mark being deducted for the wholly unacceptable use of the word diarise :smug:

04-06-2014, 09:42 PM
What time was the email sent?

Bet she did it in her own time ... or when nobody was looking.

;-)

04-06-2014, 09:47 PM

;-)

She better not have used company stationery :grr:

04-06-2014, 09:48 PM
Wind of change.

PETRIE OUT

Yes it's a good reply, but as long as Petrie is still there he is pulling the strings.

To believe otherwise is wishful thinking.

04-06-2014, 09:49 PM
Lordy !!! Well impressed. Nice work Leeanne.

04-06-2014, 09:52 PM
Feel more positive after reading that

04-06-2014, 09:54 PM

;-)

On own time. With the tasche about...no chance of "when nobody was looking". :greengrin

Wonder if she found this in a "Garbage/To be deleted" folder within Outlook - an automated rule that Petrie set up for her (showing her the ropes and everything!). I can imagine it now, "Hmm, wonder what's in this folder that has 2400 emails...". "Oh **** me!". Quickly asks around the office space, "Here, does anybody reply to these emails?". Replies are swift, in the form of "Eh?", "Naw, ye jokin?". Only meant as a jest. I do find this top drawer stuff in all honesty because she'd have her hands full at any football team, never mind us! Taking the time, even during her work hours for something like this is brilliant. It's a lengthy email as well - it'd take me a good 20-30mins to put that one together. Especially since she realises a lot lies on the relationship with the fans.

She is :top marks for me just now.

hibbymick

;-)

JJP
Very good email from Leeann. However, I hope we now all don't expect such personal replies. She has a lot to do and spending all day doing personal replies is a waste of her resources.

Was about to post the same.

04-06-2014, 09:55 PM
To some onlookers from other clubs it might seem sad that we're getting excited about one email from the Chief Executive, but they have never had Petrie at the helm for over a decade. The reaction to this straightforward and honest communication shows just how dysfunctional his regime has become in the running of our club, and why it's time that he went.

04-06-2014, 09:56 PM
Mon the email :greengrin

04-06-2014, 09:57 PM
It is in my plans to be far more communicative and open with supporters and you may ask why I am taking the time to respond when I should have better things to be doing.

Brilliant.:aok:

She got him right between the eyes :top marks

04-06-2014, 10:04 PM
That is what a good CEO should do if the staff below them are not pulling their weight. Boot their baws and personally respond to the fans. Good on her. I'm looking forward to a bright future with LD at the helm.

04-06-2014, 10:30 PM
I emailed her asking what her favourite colour was and what her favourite film is and she's not replied.

DEMPSTER out.

EDIT: I don't know why my phone autocorrects Dempster to all caps, but it does.

hibbymick
04-06-2014, 10:30 PM
Wonder if she can play centre half.

04-06-2014, 10:41 PM
All this email shows is how bad a job Petrie has done.
Well done Leanne.
It will take a lot more than this to show that we are capable of making the massive changes required but you have to start somewhere.

04-06-2014, 10:41 PM
Wonder if she can play centre half.

Better than Micheal Nelson I heard.

04-06-2014, 10:42 PM
I emailed her asking what her favourite colour was and what her favourite film is and she's not replied.

DEMPSTER out.

EDIT: I don't know why my phone autocorrects Dempster to all caps, but it does.

Your phone must know she's going to be epic!

Mixu62
04-06-2014, 11:03 PM
Outlook folk ken whits gaun oan.

banchoryhibs
04-06-2014, 11:15 PM
Sorry to pour some cold water on this - or perhaps a dose of reality ... but let's not get too carried away on one small glimmer of hope that change is in the air.

Leeann has a hell of a job to do to convince those most disillusioned with the club that there will be some positives to come out of the car crash that we've experienced over the past few weeks.

Her email might, and only might, be a starting point but I for one won't be rushing back to the happy clappy stage until tangible changes have been made.

And before the LTYF brigade starts I'm an almighty pissed off season ticket holder, share holder etc etc .......... I've just had enough of false dawns and believe that deep and meaningful change is required before we will make any progress.

Petrie out, Butcher out....

04-06-2014, 11:48 PM
Sorry to pour some cold water on this - or perhaps a dose of reality ... but let's not get too carried away on one small glimmer of hope that change is in the air.

Leeann has a hell of a job to do to convince those most disillusioned with the club that there will be some positives to come out of the car crash that we've experienced over the past few weeks.

Her email might, and only might, be a starting point but I for one won't be rushing back to the happy clappy stage until tangible changes have been made.

And before the LTYF brigade starts I'm an almighty pissed off season ticket holder, share holder etc etc .......... I've just had enough of false dawns and believe that deep and meaningful change is required before we will make any progress.

Petrie out, Butcher out....

I agree 100%

04-06-2014, 11:56 PM
Does anybody else feel that Leeann's first name is missing something? Like capitalisation and an exclamation mark or two?

LEEANN!!

05-06-2014, 02:44 AM
See how easy it could've been, Rod ...........

05-06-2014, 07:15 AM
I'll no be convinced till I see her in something other than Rod's suit...........................:cb:greengrin

Weststandwanab
05-06-2014, 08:01 AM
I'll no be convinced till I see her in something other than Rod's suit...........................:cb:greengrin
That is a bit harsh, Rod is not as slim as Ms.Dempster

05-06-2014, 08:03 AM
Should by replying to everyone to be fair,rod replied to my dad last year,good start but

Posh Swanny
05-06-2014, 08:24 AM
She needs to ensure this open attitude filters down through the whole club.

A few of my friends from down south did a charity thing a couple of years ago where they visited all 42 Scottish league football grounds in 42 hours. Of all the clubs they visited while open for business, only one refused to allow them through into the seating area or onto the pitch for a photo opportunity. All clubs were notified of their visit and the expected timings. The guys had a penalty shoot-out on the pitch at Tynie, got a full stadium tour, signed shirt and signed football at Ibrox, and similar at Celtic. When they got to Easter Road the receptionist was very surly and actually laughed when they asked if they would be able to pop into the stadium. I was quite embarrassed when they told me.

It's that closed-shop attitude that has been allowed to envelop too much of Easter Road over the past few years. Hopefully Leann can bring the club back to the community.

Baker9
05-06-2014, 08:28 AM
It's that closed-shop attitude that has been allowed to envelop too much of Easter Road over the past few years. Hopefully Leann can bring the club back to the community.[/QUOTE]

Let's get it back to the premier league first!

05-06-2014, 09:06 AM
9 out of 10 for the response, with a mark being deducted for the wholly unacceptable use of the word diarise :smug:

That was my second thought as well (preceded obviously by how refreshing it is to see someone at Hibs taking 5 minutes to reply to a fan instead of firing out stock responses regardless of the content of the e-mail you're replying to)

However, "diarise"??!! - Jambo class IMO :agree:

05-06-2014, 10:14 AM
This was a very classy response.

BUT

I hope she doesn't have to spend too much of here time replying to fans personally, as she's gonna have a LOT of other things to do.

05-06-2014, 10:40 AM
The reaction to one email just shows the utter contempt Petrie and co had and have for the supporters. If only he would bugger off, the fans would really unite behind the club 100%.

To some onlookers from other clubs it might seem sad that we're getting excited about one email from the Chief Executive, but they have never had Petrie at the helm for over a decade. The reaction to this straightforward and honest communication shows just how dysfunctional his regime has become in the running of our club, and why it's time that he went.

See how easy it could've been, Rod ...........

RP doesn't have it

davcar
05-06-2014, 10:45 AM
Glad there is a bit of communication already shown by Leeann, let's hope that she has been working hard this week and come Saturday she can deliver some light at the end of a very poor time in our history.

We must give her a chance to right us, let's hope Rod is nowhere near to scupper her chances to succeed!

Dr What If?
05-06-2014, 11:22 AM
It has been a while since I've posted on the site, mainly because I don't like posting anything negative about the club and it has been a good long time since I've had anything positive to say. This subject though has brought up a really important point. I am what many on here would call a part time fan, in the past few years I've only made a couple of games a season (none last year) but that doesn't mean to say I don't care about the club. Reading this thread made me realise why I have not made more of an effort, its not the football or the price or the weather, its Hibs!
Whenever I've had to contact the club I have been left feeling bitter or ignored, I felt Hibs did want me. Similar stories have been done to death on here but the one example that still irritates me was from about 6/7 years ago, I was training to be a teacher. I was meant to be teaching a class on the subject of racism. The school was really short on materials so I contacted the CRE (Commission for Racial Equality) to see if they had any freebies - they obliged. The also told me to contact Hibs and Hearts because the CRE provided them with posters, etc. as part of the Red card to Racism project. I called Hearts and they were amazing, a ton of posters and invites for the kids to visit Tynecastle, I called Hibs and......well, I was put through to a very stern women who listed to why I was calling, snapped at me 'don't have time for this, big game at the weekend' and she hung up. The big game was against Hearts...at Tynecastle! Couldn't use the Hearts posters because I didn't have the Hibs ones to give out as well.
This email is NOT a small thing. When ever I have contacted the club I find them rude and uncaring - IF our new CEO has identified this then great! Starting with how the fans, media, teachers, etc. are treated IS a big step. Treat people like **** and they will stay away, what use are fans like me? put off from turning up, watching the club on telly or checking the BBC for the scores on Saturday? East Mains will not be seen as Petrie's legacy, fans like me will.

05-06-2014, 12:03 PM
I was at ER earlier this week for a meeting. I arrived just after 6 and door was locked. As I was about to phone the person I was meeting LD got out of her car and asked if I needed help?
She could easily have driven away and I would not have even noticed her.
She was very friendly and chatted for a few minutes.
I thought it was a nice touch.

05-06-2014, 12:13 PM
This lady may well be the next Mrs WaM. I need a good social secretary. :greengrin

05-06-2014, 12:16 PM
I was at ER earlier this week for a meeting. I arrived just after 6 and door was locked. As I was about to phone the person I was meeting LD got out of her car and asked if I needed help?
She could easily have driven away and I would not have even noticed her.
She was very friendly and chatted for a few minutes.
I thought it was a nice touch.

That's good to hear. As you say, she could easily ignored you but chose to check you were OK. Both these examples are a good start in getting 'some' fans onside.

Glorious St Pat
05-06-2014, 12:30 PM
Her response and personal communication does not surprise. If you check her twitter account and look through various posts, she would regularly reply directly to supporters tweets. I am sure she will do the same here.

05-06-2014, 12:35 PM
A long way to go, but never-the-less a good start. As long as this is how she means to go on I think we have a very good new CEO :aok:

Lester B
05-06-2014, 01:12 PM
Clearly we are dealing with a very smart woman here and that is nothing but praise as far as I am concerned.

The response email is textbook. Reply to an angry fan, assure them things are changing and acknowledge how upset they are, put in something about having a lot to do but assuring them that they are important, indicate that action on an issue will be done in consultation with fans if at all possible, put in delegation of actions to other members of staff with a timescale for reply and something to the PA to indicate that she won't forget about it.

And that's not even the best bit about it. She clearly knows how many people are disgruntled and the club's reputation for lack of meaningful communication and engagement. She also knows that if people are satisfied or feel they have been taken seriously then in this world of instant communication word will go round. The person is so pleased that they post on Facebook and so it finds its way here. She has written back to one fan but knows that such a positive message may go much further. It has.

Quite superb :top marks

Currie Hibee
05-06-2014, 02:41 PM

Hibiza
05-06-2014, 02:46 PM
Nice one. :top marks

05-06-2014, 03:41 PM
Does anybody else feel that Leeann's first name is missing something? Like capitalisation and an exclamation mark or two?

LEEANN!!

I agree.... It's even spelt right! :D

05-06-2014, 04:08 PM
It has been a while since I've posted on the site, mainly because I don't like posting anything negative about the club and it has been a good long time since I've had anything positive to say. This subject though has brought up a really important point. I am what many on here would call a part time fan, in the past few years I've only made a couple of games a season (none last year) but that doesn't mean to say I don't care about the club. Reading this thread made me realise why I have not made more of an effort, its not the football or the price or the weather, its Hibs!
Whenever I've had to contact the club I have been left feeling bitter or ignored, I felt Hibs did want me. Similar stories have been done to death on here but the one example that still irritates me was from about 6/7 years ago, I was training to be a teacher. I was meant to be teaching a class on the subject of racism. The school was really short on materials so I contacted the CRE (Commission for Racial Equality) to see if they had any freebies - they obliged. The also told me to contact Hibs and Hearts because the CRE provided them with posters, etc. as part of the Red card to Racism project. I called Hearts and they were amazing, a ton of posters and invites for the kids to visit Tynecastle, I called Hibs and......well, I was put through to a very stern women who listed to why I was calling, snapped at me 'don't have time for this, big game at the weekend' and she hung up. The big game was against Hearts...at Tynecastle! Couldn't use the Hearts posters because I didn't have the Hibs ones to give out as well.
This email is NOT a small thing. When ever I have contacted the club I find them rude and uncaring - IF our new CEO has identified this then great! Starting with how the fans, media, teachers, etc. are treated IS a big step. Treat people like **** and they will stay away, what use are fans like me? put off from turning up, watching the club on telly or checking the BBC for the scores on Saturday? East Mains will not be seen as Petrie's legacy, fans like me will.

It's quite annoying reading that. I hope that we will now be a lot more open with Leeann in charge of the direction the club will be taking. It's time to stop running the place like a stuffy accountancy firm and genuinely embrace the support from top to bottom.

Time for Petrie to take a back seat with absolutely no meddling. Let someone who knows how to handle people get on with it.

John_the_angus_hibby
05-06-2014, 04:54 PM
This shows Leeann is of 1) a different generation to Petrie, but 2) it's also her marketing background.

She understands communication is two way. Communications to Hibs for years have been one way missives that lack sincerity, and as results have veer sharply from the words in them, have lacked any credibility.

The words Air and Fresh come to mind. We are in the same size hole, but we are more likely to be working together to get out of it, if she shows consistency.

Well done Leeann.

Reason for edit. I didn't spell her name right!!

05-06-2014, 06:30 PM

Mr XXXX,

Kind regards
Leeann

That's the way to do it Leeann! Fantastic response, so well done. A chink of light in all the darkness. Thank you! :top marks

edwards
05-06-2014, 08:35 PM
Jeezo one wee letter and she walks on water I will make my judgement on her by January 2015, I really do hope she can grab this club by the short and curly's and move us forward.

PETRIE OUT

Billy Mac
06-06-2014, 04:43 AM

Mr XXXX,

Kind regards
Leeann
Nice one, all people ask for is some courtesy and a little bit of time taken. Renewed ST during the week for 405 quid as it was late by a few day's but that's ok. The club need us more than ever this coming season after some dismal seasons but I hope the new regime can pull us back up to be where we should be. Not top 6, top 3 or 4 at worst! Good luck Leann, there are thousands out here ready to back you!

Lester B
06-06-2014, 08:40 AM
Jeezo one wee letter and she walks on water I will make my judgement on her by January 2015, I really do hope she can grab this club by the short and curly's and move us forward.

PETRIE OUT

No. Just one letter and she demonstrates just by writing it , and in the way she writes it, that she is very different to Petrie. She doesn't walk on water but she appears to have her feet on the ground.

06-06-2014, 09:16 AM
Clearly we are dealing with a very smart woman here and that is nothing but praise as far as I am concerned.

The response email is textbook. Reply to an angry fan, assure them things are changing and acknowledge how upset they are, put in something about having a lot to do but assuring them that they are important, indicate that action on an issue will be done in consultation with fans if at all possible, put in delegation of actions to other members of staff with a timescale for reply and something to the PA to indicate that she won't forget about it.

And that's not even the best bit about it. She clearly knows how many people are disgruntled and the club's reputation for lack of meaningful communication and engagement. She also knows that if people are satisfied or feel they have been taken seriously then in this world of instant communication word will go round. The person is so pleased that they post on Facebook and so it finds its way here. She has written back to one fan but knows that such a positive message may go much further. It has.

Quite superb :top marks

Golly. What next, the wheel?

edwards
06-06-2014, 09:26 AM
No. Just one letter and she demonstrates just by writing it , and in the way she writes it, that she is very different to Petrie. She doesn't walk on water but she appears to have her feet on the ground.

I am not openly criticising Dempster I am more than prepared to give her a chance but to base an opinion on one single letter and rolling out the red carpet is a tad foolish. Like I said I will assess her contibution in January 2015 lets see if this site is sticking the boot in by then.

PETRIE OUT

Lester B
06-06-2014, 10:41 AM
Golly. What next, the wheel?

True though isn't it? Shows how poor communication has been in the past and that we finally have someone who understands it and does it well.

Lester B
06-06-2014, 10:49 AM
I am not openly criticising Dempster I am more than prepared to give her a chance but to base an opinion on one single letter and rolling out the red carpet is a tad foolish. Like I said I will assess her contibution in January 2015 lets see if this site is sticking the boot in by then.

PETRIE OUT

Why is it foolish. I'm not arguing here but in the absence of substantive action which can't happen in the first few days this is called signalling. It's a useful tactic making a small action with the instinct that this one small action will get around. Which it has. Not rocket science, not conclusive but making a positive sign. Which is something we have not had for too long.

Not rolling out a red carpet for her yet, just encouraged. Only red carpet I would lay out for Petrie would be one that had a big hole dug with a man trap underneath.

What are your views on Petrie :wink:

06-06-2014, 10:53 AM

True though isn't it? Shows how poor communication has been in the past and that we finally have someone who understands it and does it well.

Well, if I was splitting hairs, I'd say that she should have opened with the "I can only imagine" routine. But yes, an improvement, albeit one that would have cost less if Rod had shelled out for a copy of "How to Win Friends and Influence People".

Penny wise, pound foolish, that's our man.

147lothian
06-06-2014, 09:55 PM
The board are very aloof, they have contempt for ordinary fan's, most aloof of all is petrie, he has to go, I have long thought about not going back while he is there, hopefully Dempster can make a change but I don't think anyone will make any difference while petrie is there, the only person capable of being conduit between absent owner and club is laughable he has to go