PDA

View Full Version : We have got no choice but to support the team we love!!!

TheBruce
04-06-2014, 06:34 PM
As much as I don't like Rod Petrie I will not be going along on Saturday. Instead I am going to give my full support to Dempster!

Why ? I hear you ask!!!!

Because we don't really have a choice, unfortunately football teams are not run as a democracy, they are run as a business and if that business is to succeed it needs our support. It has amazed me how all the sleeping hibs fans that haven't been to Easter Road in ages have found a voice or is it a bandwagon? I've supported hibs all my life and I'm not gonna stop because we have been **** for a few years.

Now I am glad the vast majority of last seasons players have gone and I wait with bated breath as to who will replace them. But no matter who it is I will support them, wether petrie is still at the club or not. Now I'm not saying fans aren't allowed an opinion but that's all it is unless you are employed by HFC.

Lets face it we don't choose who we support, it's in our blood and no matter what I'll die a hibs fan.

(Let the abuse begin)

Steve20
04-06-2014, 06:38 PM
So we just accept whatever the club does then? Petrie has ruined this club. We just carry on then???

DC_Hibs
04-06-2014, 06:41 PM
I'm no rocket scientist but here's a solution.

Support the team we love.
Back Dempster.
Petrie out.

Here to help.

Kind Regards

erskine-hibby
04-06-2014, 06:43 PM
I'm no rocket scientist but here's a solution.

Support the team we love.
Back Dempster.
Petrie out.

Here to help.

Kind Regards

That's where I am.

Saorsa
04-06-2014, 06:43 PM
There is a choice actually :aok: and I've already made mine, I'll decide who or what I give or spend my money on.

I'll be supporting the team, I'll be doing it away from ER, there winnae be another penny from me while that **** remains at Hibs. I'm no paying for his mistakes any mair nor am I paying for him tae use this club tae advance his position at the SFA, he can GTF

TheBruce
04-06-2014, 06:46 PM
I did say I'm not a fan of Petrie !! So I do want him to go ! But I'm not gonna take part in some embarrassing half ar*#d protest and make more of the wrong headlines!

Just so you know I travel from Oxford every week to watch hibs and I want success as much as anyone but I'm not gonna stop going coz petrie is a tw@t !

Saorsa
04-06-2014, 06:48 PM
I did say I'm not a fan of Petrie !! So I do want him to go ! But I'm not gonna take part in some embarrassing half ar*#d protest and make more of the wrong headlines!

Just so you know I travel from Oxford every week to watch hibs and I want success as much as anyone but I'm not gonna stop going coz petrie is a tw@t !dinnae take part in it then :aok:

TheBruce
04-06-2014, 06:50 PM
Aye I've just said that !

Kato
04-06-2014, 06:57 PM
As much as I don't like Rod Petrie I will not be going along on Saturday. Instead I am going to give my full support to Dempster!

Why ? I hear you ask!!!!

Because we don't really have a choice, unfortunately football teams are not run as a democracy, they are run as a business and if that business is to succeed it needs our support. It has amazed me how all the sleeping hibs fans that haven't been to Easter Road in ages have found a voice or is it a bandwagon? I've supported hibs all my life and I'm not gonna stop because we have been **** for a few years.

Now I am glad the vast majority of last seasons players have gone and I wait with bated breath as to who will replace them. But no matter who it is I will support them, wether petrie is still at the club or not. Now I'm not saying fans aren't allowed an opinion but that's all it is unless you are employed by HFC.

Lets face it we don't choose who we support, it's in our blood and no matter what I'll die a hibs fan.

No one is asking you to stop supporting Hibs, quite the opposite......

(Let the abuse begin)

....ya twonk. :wink:

Lewis77
04-06-2014, 06:58 PM

Why ? I hear you ask!!!!

(Let the abuse begin)

I agree with the premise of what you are saying. Basically we can't do anything about supporting the club? That there is no cure for it? It's in us and when times are bad it twists and eats away at our very souls (possibly a touch dramatic there).

However, put like that it does sound like a burden rather than a joy and the cis cup win was one of the happiest days of my life (Watching the maroon tarts go down was good also until I knew we would be joining them).

lord bunberry
04-06-2014, 08:18 PM
I've already bought 3 season tickets for next season, I will be buying some merchandise from the shop and I will be as supportive as always when I'm at the games. I will be at the protest on Saturday, its possible to support the team and want change at the same time.

HibsNutter
04-06-2014, 08:24 PM
We needed to support the club the last few games of the season, we did, the club need to support us.

Hovehibby
04-06-2014, 08:42 PM
I'd like to ask the OP why you can't support LD and protest against RP at the same time?

I will get to ER whenever I can (south coast of England and work lots of weekends). I will buy the new strip and wear it proudly in Hove tesco. I will give LD my full support as she tries to bring some dignity back to my club, but I will also be at ER at the weekend (visiting the family as well) to protest and try to remove Petrie.

Yes, most football clubs are now businesses, but business can only succeed with the backing of their customers i.e the supporters. I'm not taking about withholding season ticket money here, for the record I disagree with this 100%, but the supporters uniting in one, dignified voice is something which any business would take seriously.

Forza Fred
04-06-2014, 08:53 PM
I agree with the premise of what you are saying. Basically we can't do anything about supporting the club? That there is no cure for it? It's in us and when times are bad it twists and eats away at our very souls (possibly a touch dramatic there).

However, put like that it does sound like a burden rather than a joy and the cis cup win was one of the happiest days of my life (Watching the maroon tarts go down was good also until I knew we would be joining them).

Summed admirably.....the bit about supporting Hibs being a burden rather than a joy.

It's a bit like family really, be nice if we could be lucky enough to be born into a rich one, but we get stuck with our lot, and simply have to get on with it.

Be nice, if along the way though there were moments of unadulterated joy.

And there have been, but few and far between.

At the moment it's like the biggest thing we get to cheer about is winning a throw in!

TheBruce
04-06-2014, 10:17 PM
I've said I will support Dempster and that I want Petrie out, but I think that Saturdays protest although correctly and well intentioned, has not been clearly thought out!

Its in a car park that doesn't even belong to the club so it will go relatively unnoticed like the previous recent protests! So I will be supporting the club whilst still wanting change but I'm not prepared to add to the ever growing embarrassing headlines that have been printed about hibs in recent months!!

NAE NOOKIE
04-06-2014, 10:24 PM

Why ? I hear you ask!!!!

(Let the abuse begin)

If fitba clubs were run like real businesses 80% would not exist.

The stupidest thing a football club can do is ignore the opinion of the fans ...... I am in no way behind any kind of boycott, but it is something which is at the fans fingertips if it comes to a showdown. It would be interesting to see how your theory stacks up then. My point being, don't think for a second that the fans don't have a great deal of power .... we certainly do.

NAE NOOKIE
04-06-2014, 10:33 PM
I've said I will support Dempster and that I want Petrie out, but I think that Saturdays protest although correctly and well intentioned, has not been clearly thought out!

Its in a car park that doesn't even belong to the club so it will go relatively unnoticed like the previous recent protests! So I will be supporting the club whilst still wanting change but I'm not prepared to add to the ever growing embarrassing headlines that have been printed about hibs in recent months!!

But you are not prepared to do anything to protest against the cause of them ...... if a fans protest will cause Hibs embarrassment they can look on it as a little payback for the embarrassment they have caused us in the last two seasons.

Having said that..... perhaps you will enllghten us as to why the protest will be embarrassing. Or more to the point, who to.

Turkish Green
04-06-2014, 10:35 PM
I have always wondered why we football fans support the teams that we do. And still support them even when we have long since stopped going to watch them. It has to be genetics, it is in our blood. We do it because we love the club.

PETRIE OUT

TheBruce
04-06-2014, 10:46 PM
Ok I accept everyone else's opinion on here, after all it is a free forum to discuss our views.

Sooooooo...........

Convince me why I should go and what? if anything the club are going to do if we do or don't protest!

All I want is the best for hibs ! I don't travel 800 miles there and back every week to be disappointed !

I'm all ears and open minded to all reasonable arguments and not Just Petrie is a **** as I'm already aware of that! but !

TheBruce
04-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Ok I accept everyone else's opinion on here, after all it is a free forum to discuss our views.

Sooooooo...........

Convince me why I should go and what? if anything the club are going to do if we do or don't protest!

All I want is the best for hibs ! I don't travel 800 miles there and back every week to be disappointed !

I'm all ears and open minded to all reasonable arguments and not Just Petrie is a **** as I'm already aware of that! but !

And What happens if Saturdays protest doesn't work?

Jack
04-06-2014, 10:50 PM
The Petrie out campaign said at the faltering start it was an individual choice about season tickets etc. and next season will probably be worse than usual for non renewals. But its choice we will all make.

For the vast majority of us which club we support is not a choice, we are Hibernian FC!

I've had 3 wives, one football club. Hibs till I die and all that guff, Tescos would bite your hand off for such loyalty.

Lewis77
04-06-2014, 10:52 PM
And What happens if Saturdays protest doesn't work?

I honestly don't think it will. Does anyone think it will achieve it's aim? I want change, but the fact is they'll do what they want to.