PDA

View Full Version : Excited

jimmyboco1875
04-06-2014, 06:23 PM
Strange but true.. I'm really excited for the next few weeks to find out our new team

nribs
04-06-2014, 06:26 PM
Strange but true.. I'm really excited for the next few weeks to find out our new team

Normally I would be but right now fear, dread and frustration would be words I'd use. Unless you ate talking about our new management team? :)

ManBearPig
04-06-2014, 06:27 PM

same here I see some fan pleasing signings being made to try and calm the storm. best way to do that is to sign quality exciting players.

erskine-hibby
04-06-2014, 06:31 PM

I must say I am both excited and apprehensive.
We need some news soon though, all this waiting to find out if the management team are staying or going must affect who we can sign and the longer it goes on the harder it will get

jimmyboco1875
04-06-2014, 06:37 PM
No news is good news and all that, terry butcher has not been mentioned in past 2 official statements

bighairyfaeleith
04-06-2014, 06:45 PM
When not on hibs.net I am also quite excited about next season. Relegation is **** but it's happened. Time to dust ourselves and get on with it.

Friday night games, maybe against hearts :)

Getting fat aunty sally the sack when we top the league at Xmas

Away days at wee grounds.

Ok lot's of work to do first, but time to get on with it.

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

Waxy
04-06-2014, 06:49 PM
Strange but true.. I'm really excited for the next few weeks to find out our new teamThings like this can happen if we take the wrong dose of medication or don't read the labels properly.

jimmyboco1875
04-06-2014, 06:55 PM
Things like this can happen if we take the wrong dose of medication or don't read the labels properly.

I expected that kind of reply

Smartie
04-06-2014, 06:57 PM

Me too.

I can measure it indirectly by how long I spend on hibs.net or scouring the internet for Hibs-related gossip.
The past few years have been "meh" at best but I just feel there's something different right now. I'm totally immersed in finding our which dud we've punted now and hearing who we might be linked with. Interesting times.

Waxy
04-06-2014, 06:59 PM
I expected that kind of replyi'll get excited if the new team starts playing football on the deck.

bingo70
04-06-2014, 07:01 PM
If butcher gets punted ill probably piss myself with excitement

Waxy
04-06-2014, 07:05 PM
anyone got that clip from around ten year ago when we passed the huns of the park at their own hoose?
Someone show that to mr Butcher.

patch1875
04-06-2014, 07:14 PM
Butcher going might raise a semi

Northern Hibby
04-06-2014, 08:08 PM
I'm the same this time every year, for about week it's F football, F Hibs I'm not interested anymore, then the signing rumours start I go on hibs.net then I wake up in an old hibs top and my 91 skol cup scarf and my wife shaking her head :(

Saturday Boy
04-06-2014, 08:16 PM
I'm the same this time every year, for about week it's F football, F Hibs I'm not interested anymore, then the signing rumours start I go on hibs.net then I wake up in an old hibs top and my 91 skol cup scarf and my wife shaking her head :(

it's in the blood, a bit like malaria, without the f###ing beasties.

The more we hurt, the more we love them.

bighairyfaeleith
04-06-2014, 08:29 PM
it's in the blood, a bit like malaria, without the f###ing beasties.

The more we hurt, the more we love them.

It's exactly the same, for beasties see maroon clad fans

Saturday Boy
04-06-2014, 08:48 PM
It's exactly the same, for beasties see maroon clad fans

100%, no matter how low it might feel today, it's still exciting to be a Hibee and looking forward and not back.

GORDONSMITH7
04-06-2014, 09:29 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq9oR9x171w

BIG G

Secretary

St. Pat's Branch

Turkish Green
04-06-2014, 09:51 PM
Remember before we had the WWW and transfer gossip forums when you waited for the first day of training to find out who the new players were.

i can say that I have been underwhelmed by the new signings over the past few seasons.

Turkish Green
04-06-2014, 10:12 PM
I have just looked back to 2004 when RP became chairman and in the 10 years since then only the season when Anthony Stokes and Liam Miller arrived did I think Hibs might have a promising season. What a lot of duffers have flowed under the bridge since then.

PETRIE OUT

IberianHibernian
04-06-2014, 10:29 PM
About 2 months ago I started to have some positive feelings - relegation would surely mean big changes at club with sensible pricing and appointment of new manager and more done to develop youth programme with players from Edinburgh área and much further afield . Even if we avoided playoffs or won them I assumed that standards had fallen so low that changes would take place . Relegation confirmed 10 days ago and still the same manager ( club and manager still negociating settlement I suppose or was contract so badly negociated that we can`t afford to sack him ? ) . Arrival of LD has got lots of coverage in press and I`m sure she`s a very competent worker but in other clubs do appointments of admin / directors get such coverage ? Lets get ( continue I hope ) looking for new manager .

JJP
05-06-2014, 03:03 AM
I will probably get more excited when we bring some new players in. Don't think Kane Hemmings has signed for anyone yet...

Steve20
05-06-2014, 08:45 AM
same here I see some fan pleasing signings being made to try and calm the storm. best way to do that is to sign quality exciting players.

That would involve spending money. Won't happen.

Smartie
05-06-2014, 10:14 AM
We have had very few exciting signings over the last few years. Stokes and Miller, the return of Riordan and Stephen Glass have been the only really exciting signings of the last 10 years or so based on prior performance elsewhere. One look at Murphy and Beuzelin showed that they could play. Most others have have been "meh" upon arrival and then failed to live up to it. Arguably the returns of Sproule, O'Connor and Thomson have been keenly anticipated based on prior performances with us in previous spells but these were all also ulitimately disappointing.

The most exciting thing these days is seeing a youngster get his chance and look like player. All of the golden generation had this and I would say that I got that same feeling last year from Stanton and Cummings (in patches).

There is a lot of talk of Butcher's weaknesses elsewhere, and these may yet see him lose his job. But he does have a track record of producing gems from nowhere and it's the thought of him plucking another Billy MacKay from somewhere like Northampton reserves that is fuelling my excitement.

EdinMike
05-06-2014, 10:24 AM
http://youtu.be/RmyucZa6wD0

alexhibs
05-06-2014, 11:51 AM

:faf:

Keith_M
05-06-2014, 12:32 PM
I'm still in 'glum' mode. Nothing to get excited about, as far as I can see.