PDA

View Full Version : Petrie's Conquer and Divide

Glorious St Pat
04-06-2014, 05:46 PM
It is interesting and frustrating at the same time at a perceived lack of unity amongst the fans. Petty squabbles amongst fans, faux defence of Petrie by some who would like to play a waiting game and a shameful almost class attack on Kano and the Petrie out campaigners.

All this disharmony is playing directly into Petrie's hand - I will conquer if I divide the support. This, as far as I can see, is happening on the message boards.

Do want Petrie out?
Do we want Butcher out?
Do we put some sort of faith in the group to deliver change?
If the answer to the above are yes - get behind the campaign.

The group do have a plan yet some are slating the group for not announcing it. If some are prepared to be patient on the Dempster/Petrie situation...then surely the group deserve the same?

nribs
04-06-2014, 05:49 PM
It is interesting and frustrating at the same time at a perceived lack of unity amongst the fans. Petty squabbles amongst fans, faux defence of Petrie by some who would like to play a waiting game and a shameful almost class attack on Kano and the Petrie out campaigners.

All this disharmony is playing directly into Petrie's hand - I will conquer if I divide the support. This, as far as I can see, is happening on the message boards.

Do want Petrie out?
Do we want Butcher out?

The group do have a plan yet some are slating the group for not announcing it. If some are prepared to be patient on the Dempster/Petrie situation...then surely the group deserve the same?
If Petrie goes then Butcher goes is this definite? It's difficult to get right behind this group who haven't shared their plan. I expect to get slated for my views.

Coco Bryce
04-06-2014, 06:01 PM

Do want Petrie out?
Do we want Butcher out?

I'm not prepared to be patient on the Petrie/Dempster situation, neither am I patient on waiting on the 'Petrie Out Campaign' plan. This demo is in 2 days time and nobody has a clue what initiatives are in enticing us to go along. Not all His fans stay in Leith by the way. If I'm gonna rearrange my plans for Saturday and travel to ER, I want to be sure when I turn up I ain't gonna get told to move along nothing to see here from the old bill or get there and the gates for the business centre are locked shut.

We need to know the plan.

Glorious St Pat
04-06-2014, 06:06 PM
If Petrie goes then Butcher goes is this definite? It's difficult to get right behind this group who haven't shared their plan. I expect to get slated for my views.

I am led to believe this is part two of the scheme.
Quite right too for the endless gaffes and "prehistoric hoofball" that I have been forced to watch. Not the man to take Hibs forward, not a Hibs man period and not one to bring the fans flocking back with his brand of football.

Jack
04-06-2014, 06:09 PM

Do want Petrie out?
Do we want Butcher out?

I think you're dividing the support yourself to be fair.

The support is almost unanimous in its feelings about Rod Petrie, at least that he should go if not about the method, while less so about Terry Butcher.

Those supporting TB, around 33% the last time I looked at the dotnet poll, might be wary following your statements.

PK was bang on when he said this a single issue campaign and also giving a reassurance that anything beyond that would be up to the fans.

Lets not divide and conquer ourselves.

FranckSuzy
04-06-2014, 06:11 PM

Do want Petrie out?
Do we want Butcher out?

I know others have asked you this before but please, once again, can you change your username? It gives the impression that you are speaking on behalf of the branch, which you are not :aok:

bighairyfaeleith
04-06-2014, 06:13 PM

The support is almost unanimous in its feelings about Rod Petrie, at least that he should go if not about the method, while less so about Terry Butcher.

Those supporting TB, around 33% the last time I looked at the dotnet poll, might be wary following your statements.

PK was bang on when he said this a single issue campaign and also giving a reassurance that anything beyond that would be up to the fans.

Precisely, the argument is the method for most not the end result of Petrie leaving.

If that makes me some sort of faux Petrie fan then fair enough. I am rod Petrie after all :)

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

ManBearPig
04-06-2014, 06:16 PM
I'm not prepared to be patient on the Petrie/Dempster situation, neither am I patient on waiting on the 'Petrie Out Campaign' plan. This demo is in 2 days time and nobody has a clue what initiatives are in enticing us to go along. Not all His fans stay in Leith by the way. If I'm gonna rearrange my plans for Saturday and travel to ER, I want to be sure when I turn up I ain't gonna get told to move along nothing to see here from the old bill or get there and the gates for the business centre are locked shut.

We need to know the plan.

this and triple this. coco bryce has hit nail on the head.

lord bunberry
04-06-2014, 06:20 PM
I know others have asked you this before but please, once again, can you change your username? It gives the impression that you are speaking on behalf of the branch, which you are not :aok:

The fact that he's chosen that username and he doesn't speak on behalf of the branch makes it hard to take anything he says seriously, he comes across as an imposter.

FranckSuzy
04-06-2014, 06:23 PM
The fact that he's chosen that username and he doesn't speak on behalf of the branch makes it hard to take anything he says seriously, he comes across as an imposter.

There was always going to be a risk of that :agree:

Greenworld
04-06-2014, 06:23 PM
There seems to be about 10 different threads all on the same thing...
Here is where I stand I wanted petrie out from the control of the football side of things at the club.
I understand that to be the case.
I do not understand how the fans or the group of 4 can decided on the manager or anything else at the club since we are not a fan owned club.
I would and will get behind any campaign that is for the betterment of hibs but only if I know what the plan is.
Transparency is a word often used and the group could gain huge momentum if the layed bare where they are trying to go with this.
At the moment youvaskinv people to blindly follow like sheep...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

erskine-hibby
04-06-2014, 06:25 PM

Yup I want Petrie gone, but not Butcher.

ManBearPig
04-06-2014, 06:25 PM
There seems to be about 10 different threads all on the same thing...
Here is where I stand I wanted petrie out from the control of the football side of things at the club.
I understand that to be the case.
I do not understand how the fans or the group of 4 can decided on the manager or anything else at the club since we are not a fan owned club.
I would and will get behind any campaign that is for the betterment of hibs but only if I know what the plan is.
Transparency is a word often used and the group could gain huge momentum if the layed bare where they are trying to go with this.
At the moment youvaskinv people to blindly follow like sheep...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

again a man/woman with sense. we have what we want an experienced CEO. If you want petrie out you are gonna have to arrange a buy out.

Glorious St Pat
04-06-2014, 06:29 PM

I know...poor choice of username. But saying that, I am a member of St Pats and the feedback I have received from some in the branch do share my views that both Petrie and Butcher should go. I will leave the official line up to BigG and Dougie though.

FranckSuzy
04-06-2014, 06:29 PM
I know...poor choice of username. But saying that, I am a member of St Pats and the feedback I have received from some in the branch do share my views that both Petrie and Butcher should go. I will leave the official line up to BigG and Dougie though.

That's only fair, IMHO :aok:

Waxy
04-06-2014, 06:31 PM
I always thought it was divide and conquer, but i'm a daftie.
I wouldn't call what's happening a divide. We all don't see things the same anyway.
To me it's The politics of Hibs. You have the petrieout party who want demos now and want him tried as a witch. You have the petrieoutintime party who want him out but are not bothered when as long as LD makes all the decisions

Lastly we have small keeppetrie party, who are mostly
nutjobs and yams.
These groups seem divided but everyone of them want the best for Hibs. Only different opinions on how to make it happen.

marinello59
04-06-2014, 06:31 PM

Do want Petrie out?
Do we want Butcher out?

So Petrie out is now Butcher out as well? What next? Farmer out? Some as yet unnamed businessman in? I want Rod Petrie gone but I will blindly follow nobody.

Leithenhibby
04-06-2014, 06:37 PM
again a man/woman with sense. we have what we want an experienced CEO. If you want petrie out you are gonna have to arrange a buy out.

Looks to be the only way that we can get RP out.

What will it take to do this?... I mean £££'s per fan? ;-)

Glorious St Pat
04-06-2014, 06:37 PM

Changed now....happy now?

bighairyfaeleith
04-06-2014, 06:40 PM

Off topic but can Pat Stanton get saint status before he dies or can it only happen afterwards? One for the religious types to answer

Glorious St Pat
04-06-2014, 06:41 PM
So Petrie out is now Butcher out as well? What next? Farmer out? Some as yet unnamed businessman in? I want Rod Petrie gone but I will blindly follow nobody.

Is it possible that this is part of the whole plan? Complete regime change...would people be happy with that?

Or do we blindly follow a set up and process that has ultimately failed?

Beefster
04-06-2014, 06:46 PM
Is it possible that this is part of the whole plan? Complete regime change...would people be happy with that?

If complete regime change, including Farmer, is the ultimate [secret] aim, I'd suggest that the leaders of the campaign be upfront about it and detail how they plan on managing that.

Glorious St Pat
04-06-2014, 06:46 PM
Off topic but can Pat Stanton get saint status before he dies or can it only happen afterwards? One for the religious types to answer

Maybe Tom Farmer as a Papal Knight of St Patrick (there's that name again!) can have a word with the Pontiff.

bighairyfaeleith
04-06-2014, 06:48 PM
Maybe Tom Farmer as a Papal Knight of St Patrick (there's that name again!) can have a word with the Pontiff.

Depends if we turn his pal Petrie into the guy on the bonfire I suppose :)

marinello59
04-06-2014, 06:53 PM

We don't know, do you? Or do you simply wish to divide the support further.
If they did have a buyer waiting behind them then going about things this way would be cynical and dishonest in the extreme. So I don't think for a moment that is the plan.

nribs
04-06-2014, 07:03 PM
We don't know, do you? Or do you simply wish to divide the support further.
If they did have a buyer waiting behind them then going about things this way would be cynical and dishonest in the extreme. So I don't think for a moment that is the plan.

This if they had a buyer lined up all communication would be done with Farmer and his advisors not through a Get Petrie Out campaign.

Jack
04-06-2014, 07:14 PM

As I've said before if that was the aim they wouldn't need a Petrie out campaign just buy the club and bin him.

leither17
04-06-2014, 07:20 PM
this and triple this. coco bryce has hit nail on the head.

What do you expect he is a top Hibs Boy

FranckSuzy
04-06-2014, 07:31 PM

:aok:

matty_f
04-06-2014, 07:32 PM

Totally agree with this, it's outright wrong to move the goalposts from Petrie Out to then wanting the manager out as some kind of phase 2.

I think Petrie's time is up, but personally would like to see Butcher remain. Does this mean I can protest or not?

3pm
04-06-2014, 07:34 PM
Totally agree with this, it's outright wrong to move the goalposts from Petrie Out to then wanting the manager out as some kind of phase 2.

I think Petrie's time is up, but personally would like to see Butcher remain. Does this mean I can protest or not?

Yep but you need to stand at the back of the East!

matty_f
04-06-2014, 07:42 PM
Yep but you need to stand at the back of the East!

:hilarious:

Ronniekirk
05-06-2014, 07:47 AM

Have said it before ,the longer there is lack of clarity about what the aims and objectives are the more people will question whether to attend or not and already some that were saying they would come when it said it was a protest to get Petrie out only ,are now saying they aren't coming because the goalposts have been changed .

Some polls are showing more people not attending than attending and the consensus seems to be it won't achieve anything anyway as Petrie isn't just going to walk away from this and give up his 10% shareholding and STF wants him to stay .

If it's left to a late announcement on Friday for details I can see this turning into an own goal ,it's one thing to get a few hundred people who are angry after a match walking round the corner to vent thier anger .Its harder IMO to organise a planned protest and motivate people to attend if they aren't sure what they are protesting about and they don't think they can achieve the aim .So someone needs to be doing something today to clarify this or the turn out isn't going to live up to expectation and momentum would be lost .

WHUHibs
05-06-2014, 07:56 AM
Yup I want Petrie gone, but not Butcher.

Me too. !

Thecat23
05-06-2014, 08:03 AM
I want both out.

Aldo
05-06-2014, 08:16 AM
I want both out.

TC I think anything is possible at the moment and as others have alluded the silence from the club is deafening.

down-the-slope
05-06-2014, 08:23 AM

:agree: - and no you can't protest...get your erkie along to the meeting and get all your hard work back on track :aok:

Ozyhibby
05-06-2014, 08:34 AM
The only issue is Petrie out. As far as I can see that is the only plan. I think most fans should be able to get behind that.

NOLA
05-06-2014, 08:47 AM
What do you expect he is a top Hibs Boy

For a bairn ;)

Greenworld
05-06-2014, 08:50 AM
The only issue is Petrie out. As far as I can see that is the only plan. I think most fans should be able to get behind that.

That is the issue it's not the only plan!

lucky
05-06-2014, 09:08 AM
I don't think there needs to be a plan, apart from Petrie out. The board can the appoint a new chair. We can let LD get on with her job. Personally I would sack TB&MM for getting us relegated. But if LD is to get a chance to do the job, we must let her decide. She will either strive or fail on her decisions

marinello59
05-06-2014, 09:11 AM
I don't think there needs to be a plan, apart from Petrie out. The board can the appoint a new chair. We can let LD get on with her job. Personally I would sack TB&MM for getting us relegated. But if LD is to get a chance to do the job, we must let her decide. She will either strive or fail on her decisions

That's where I am at with it.

Brightside
05-06-2014, 09:19 AM
I am led to believe this is part two of the scheme.
Quite right too for the endless gaffes and "prehistoric hoofball" that I have been forced to watch. Not the man to take Hibs forward, not a Hibs man period and not one to bring the fans flocking back with his brand of football.
I'm led to believe. And that's exactly why I won't get involved. Once there is clarity I'll decide based on the information. There is nothing at the moment but noise.

Saorsa
05-06-2014, 09:20 AM
I don't think there needs to be a plan, apart from Petrie out. The board can the appoint a new chair. We can let LD get on with her job. Personally I would sack TB&MM for getting us relegated. But if LD is to get a chance to do the job, we must let her decide. She will either strive or fail on her decisionsThis. petrie is my only target. I am quite happy for the rest tae happen as you say and give Dempster a go at sorting out petrie's mess but he must be out and I mean totally out. Until he is, I am, I'll no be back, it's as simple as that for me now.

blackpoolhibs
05-06-2014, 09:29 AM
This. petrie is my only target. I am quite happy for the rest tae happen as you say and give Dempster a go at sorting out petrie's mess but he must be out and I mean totally out. Until he is, I am, I'll no be back, it's as simple as that for me now.
And me.

greenpaper55
05-06-2014, 09:36 AM
This. petrie is my only target. I am quite happy for the rest tae happen as you say and give Dempster a go at sorting out petrie's mess but he must be out and I mean totally out. Until he is, I am, I'll no be back, it's as simple as that for me now.

The three other former ST holders i used to go with think the same, their attitude is how can it be worse than what RP is doing to the club.

147lothian
05-06-2014, 09:36 AM

And me, having petrie removed is surely something worth protesting for!

147lothian
05-06-2014, 09:41 AM
Although my season ticket has been paid for next season, I had thought about not renewing it until petrie is one completely, and I fully understand many folk I've spoke with who have said they won't be back until petrie is Out!

greenpaper55
05-06-2014, 09:44 AM
The thing is he's not so smart really, he thinks by sitting this out it will all calm down and be back to normal once the season starts but can you imagine the vitriol that will hit him if we lose a couple of home games especially if we play like we did last Sunday ?. He will have to sit and take a torrent of abuse week in week out if things are bad and maybe even if they are good, i don't think he realises that this is not going to go away.

147lothian
05-06-2014, 09:52 AM
It won't go away, I have wanted petrie out for a long time, he has a contemptuous attitude to the very life blood of the club, his presence in any shape or form gives the club a negative public image, too many people have just voted with their feet, its time to stand up and be counted Saturday will just be the start, the sooner petrie realizes this and does what's best for the club by going the better

Turkish Green
05-06-2014, 12:03 PM
So many permutations which is befuddling the cause. So far on here I have read posts with the following:

Farmer OUT, Petrie OUT, Butcher OUT.
Farmer OUT, Petrie OUT, Butcher IN.
Farmer IN, Petrie OUT, Butcher OUT.
Farmer IN, Petrie OUT, Butcher IN.
Farmer IN, Petrie IN, Butcher OUT.

I am sure there are more.

All this just means that there is not a definitive objective for any protest, which leaves things open to manipulation by RP.

PETRIE OUT

blindsummit
05-06-2014, 12:51 PM
So many permutations which is befuddling the cause. So far on here I have read posts with the following:

Farmer OUT, Petrie OUT, Butcher OUT.
Farmer OUT, Petrie OUT, Butcher IN.
Farmer IN, Petrie OUT, Butcher OUT.
Farmer IN, Petrie IN, Butcher OUT.

I am sure there are more.

All this just means that there is not a definitive objective for any protest, which leaves things open to manipulation by RP.

PETRIE OUT

I was almost tempted to get up and do the hokey cokey there :greengrin