PDA

View Full Version : How many will be there on Saturday?

NW
04-06-2014, 02:31 PM
What is the opinion on the numbers who will turn up to protest?

Shaggy
04-06-2014, 04:59 PM
more,
unfortunately, i cant attend or I would

dp00
04-06-2014, 05:02 PM
100/200 at most

Gus
04-06-2014, 05:04 PM

Keith_M
04-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Nobody knows

lord bunberry
04-06-2014, 05:12 PM
100/200 at most

Is that really what you think or what you hope?

Fat Boab
04-06-2014, 05:24 PM
How many are needed for the group to constitute it a success ?

frazeHFC
04-06-2014, 05:26 PM
They wanted 5000, I think we'll be lucky for 500 tbh.

wearethehibs
04-06-2014, 05:32 PM
50odd

Keith_M
04-06-2014, 05:38 PM
Four?

edwards
04-06-2014, 05:40 PM
If you realy want change then get yourself down on Saturday. Only a sizeable turn out will make Petrie sit up and take notice a poor one will have that smug wee barsteward laughing up his sleeve. Showed him at the end of the Hamilton game and he could only give the angry Hibs fans a sarcastic smile.
A fair crowd will make him sit up and take notice of how much he is honestly hated [ Had a lot of time for him but this has totaly dissapeared]

HAD ENOUGH :agree:

PETRIE OUT :agree:

edwards
04-06-2014, 05:42 PM
Sorry forgot to add hoping for 1500 at least by the venom directed at him at the end of the Hamilton game.

Gus Fring
04-06-2014, 05:48 PM
There's at least 16,000 Hibs fans going off the matches against Hearts and Accies. 95% of 16,000 is 15,200.

mcculloch1875
04-06-2014, 05:51 PM
Can only see 300-500 max turning up. i dont think Petrie would care however many turned up.

Phil D. Rolls
04-06-2014, 05:55 PM
My opinion is you've got a nerve to ask that question. But id you insist ......"About 136".

mcfly
04-06-2014, 06:22 PM
I'm not going.

I don't believe it will be a success as mr Petrie owns s share in hibs. Why would he walk away?

Are the group gonna buy his share??

Personally I feel everyone connected should be pulling together so we can attract quality players to the club.

Just seems To me that people think removing rod Petrie will solve everything...

I didn't realise relegation was all his fault, did he set out the negative tactics when2 nil up?

We only had to win1 game in our last 10 to stay up - shall we blame rod for that also?

Sir David Gray
04-06-2014, 06:27 PM
I can see a couple of hundred at most turning up.

No danger that 5000 will be there.

edwards
04-06-2014, 06:32 PM
I'm not going.

I don't believe it will be a success as mr Petrie owns s share in hibs. Why would he walk away?

Personally I feel everyone connected should be pulling together so we can attract quality players to the club.

I didn't realise relegation was all his fault, did he set out the negative tactics when2 nil up?

We only had to win1 game in our last 10 to stay up - shall we blame rod for that also?

So he is entirly blameless for being in charge for not taking this club forward and relegating us twice. he has spent the last five years apologising for poor season after poor season. wonder who caused the argument between the players before the dreaded Hertz final re pay outs that must have been Pat Fenlon. Wonder who stalled in paying out the price asked for Leigh Griffiths that must have been Pat Fenlon. why have lost out on several players to Aberdeen because of penny pinching that must have been Pat Fenlon.
Jeezo wake up or go through anothe dire season as he will be sitting in the background pulling Dempsters strings when the fact is she can do it with her eyes closed.

mcfly
04-06-2014, 07:19 PM
So he is entirly blameless for being in charge for not taking this club forward and relegating us twice. he has spent the last five years apologising for poor season after poor season. wonder who caused the argument between the players before the dreaded Hertz final re pay outs that must have been Pat Fenlon. Wonder who stalled in paying out the price asked for Leigh Griffiths that must have been Pat Fenlon. why have lost out on several players to Aberdeen because of penny pinching that must have been Pat Fenlon.
Jeezo wake up or go through anothe dire season as he will be sitting in the background pulling Dempsters strings when the fact is she can do it with her eyes closed.

We're you present at the discussion re Griffiths? How do u know how much the fee was??

Re players at cup final again are you fully aware of all the facts?

good luck on sat I hope u have a plan post rod Petrie or what's your plan if 500 max turn up.

Hardly 95% of fans

NW
04-06-2014, 07:26 PM
My opinion is you've got a nerve to ask that question. But id you insist ......"About 136".

Why a nerve?

Islington Hibs
04-06-2014, 07:47 PM
I think if only a few people do not turn up it is not a victory for Petrie. He may view it that way but it would be a mistake. It is close season, people feel helpless etc etc. Whether 100 turn up or 5000 he is still not welcome.

Paisley Hibby
04-06-2014, 07:49 PM
When I saw the heading I thought we would get the chance to say whether we were going. That would give the organisers some idea of how many to expect? Maybe worth having that as a poll?

greenpaper55
04-06-2014, 07:50 PM
It does not matter how many turn up, the real venom will be directed against him if the next season continues like the last.

QMU-1875
04-06-2014, 07:56 PM
Why are people so negative about this protest? Something needs to change with our club and that is Petrie! If he has no control over any decisions then why is he still here? Hibs fans have to turn up to this, we need to try get our club back, we were quick enough to call the yams stupid for not doing more to get rid of Romanov, what makes us any different? Petrie is killing this club!

Paisley Hibby
04-06-2014, 08:08 PM
Why are people so negative about this protest? Something needs to change with our club and that is Petrie! If he has no control over any decisions then why is he still here? Hibs fans have to turn up to this, we need to try get our club back, we were quick enough to call the yams stupid for not doing more to get rid of Romanov, what makes us any different? Petrie is killing this club!

Because
- it's focus is solely on getting Petrie sacked, nothing positive
- the plans for stages 2 and 3 seem to be a secret
- the focus on Petrie means Butcher is getting off the hook
- it's not clear what the demo will involve
- some of the leaders' public statements have been embarrassingly crass and naïve

So it's hard not to be negative and I for one will not be there. Good luck to those who do go but be careful what you wish for!

frazeHFC
04-06-2014, 08:14 PM
Because
- it's focus is solely on getting Petrie sacked, nothing positive
- the plans for stages 2 and 3 seem to be a secret
- the focus on Petrie means Butcher is getting off the hook
- it's not clear what the demo will involve
- some of the leaders' public statements have been embarrassingly crass and naïve

So it's hard not to be negative and I for one will not be there. Good luck to those who do go but be careful what you wish for!

That is a positive.

monktonharp
04-06-2014, 08:16 PM
I am gutted that I cant make it, due to other commitments already organised for that day. some seem to think that it will be a rather low turnout. some could also think that the YES vote might be the same.:wink: I happen to think that it will be more than some on here expect.this is not the only Hibernian supporters forum, and it's not the entire support of the club, do remember that. some people are entirely fed up of the whole situation, and they have given up. some people have been seriously pissed off for years with the same old/every season and have complained that it has come from the top of the management tree. these people are still Hibs fans, and want serious change now. I expect a bloody good turnout, and have listened to a few of our branch members that intend to be there. a couple of hundred,? don't be silly.

Paisley Hibby
04-06-2014, 08:18 PM
That is a positive.

So you agree all the rest is negative? :wink:

monktonharp
04-06-2014, 08:18 PM
Why are people so negative about this protest? Something needs to change with our club and that is Petrie! If he has no control over any decisions then why is he still here? Hibs fans have to turn up to this, we need to try get our club back, we were quick enough to call the yams stupid for not doing more to get rid of Romanov, what makes us any different? Petrie is killing this club!:agree:best post yet, on this issue

Phil D. Rolls
04-06-2014, 08:44 PM
Why a nerve?

Lame joke based on something Bob Dylan said. Nothing meant by it.

#2 Double Tap
04-06-2014, 09:04 PM
I'm not going.

yes. he hired the guy who picked the players. then hired the guy who set them up.

#2 Double Tap
04-06-2014, 09:15 PM
If they had the protest 3 days after the first meeting - it would have been much bigger - imo

NAE NOOKIE
04-06-2014, 09:16 PM
The weather could have a big part to play .... if it pours down early, which it could do it will no doubt have an adverse affect on the turn out.

I'll be there whatever happens.

Rain or snow or thunderstorm I'll go Petrie out FFS get Petrie out ....... C'mon you all know the tune :greengrin

Turkish Green
04-06-2014, 09:18 PM
Much as I would like it to be a success, I have a feeling it will be poorly attended (250-500) but I hope I am proven wrong big time.

Paul Kane reminds me of John Brown during the Huns/Sevco fiasco and Gary Mackay during the Chris Robertson out campaign. Means well but comes over as an embarrassment. But someone has to be the catalist for change.

Fine words butter no parsnips, as me granny used to say. People need to put down their keyboards and take some positive action or nothing will change.

PETRIE OUT

Ken
04-06-2014, 10:13 PM
Some Hibs supporters on here are hoping the protest fails so they can say I told you so. It's a shame as we all want the same end goal and we could really do with sticking together in what will be a tough couple of years for us.

Petrie Out

GGTTH

Lester B
05-06-2014, 01:47 PM
Lame joke based on something Bob Dylan said. Nothing meant by it.

I got the Dylan reference but maybe the next poll should be how many obscure Dylan references can you spot? :greengrin

Peevemor
05-06-2014, 01:49 PM
I got the Dylan reference but maybe the next poll should be how many obscure Dylan references can you spot? :greengrin

Ocht!, you're beginning to sound just like a woman!

southsider
05-06-2014, 02:36 PM
I'm not going.

No i am going to buy his shares.... on an interest free payment plan. 2 bob a week for the nexr 7000 years. Petrie GTF

Jonnyboy
07-06-2014, 04:33 PM
100/200 at most

They wanted 5000, I think we'll be lucky for 500 tbh.

50odd

I can see a couple of hundred at most turning up.

No danger that 5000 will be there.

Fancy having another guess? :wink::greengrin

lord bunberry
07-06-2014, 04:37 PM
100/200 at most

Wrong

Sir David Gray
07-06-2014, 05:59 PM
Fancy having another guess? :wink::greengrin

Yeah I admit I underestimated the response that this would generate. I really didn't see over 2000 people turning up today so very impressed with that.

Borderhibbie76
07-06-2014, 06:31 PM
Quite a few with very little faith on here...proud to have attended today and start the bandwagon which will hopefully lead to the removal of petrie from our club. Some on here seem happy just sitting on their keyboards and not taking any action against a man who is strangling the life out of our club!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

marinello59
07-06-2014, 06:34 PM
Quite a few with very little faith on here...proud to have attended today and start the bandwagon which will hopefully lead to the removal of petrie from our club. Some on here seem happy just sitting on their keyboards and not taking any action against a man who is strangling the life out of our club!

Well done to those who did go today. No need to belittle those who don't share the majority viewpoint though. We should be big enough to live with the differences of opinion.

Borderhibbie76
07-06-2014, 06:39 PM
Well done to those who did go today. No need to belittle those who don't share the majority viewpoint though. We should be big enough to live with the differences of opinion.

Im not belittling anyone but many on here were predicting under 200 fans would turn up today....the depth of feeling is way stronger than that in the support. We criticised our pink friends across the city for sitting back and doing nothing in their club's hour of need...

Ronniekirk
07-06-2014, 06:53 PM
Im not belittling anyone but many on here were predicting under 200 fans would turn up today....the depth of feeling is way stronger than that in the support. We criticised o ur pink friends across the city for sitting back and doing nothing in their club's hour of need...

Think that was people who support Petrie or aren't bothered one way or the other having a bit of fun but nice to be able to prove the doubters wrong

Gus
07-06-2014, 07:05 PM
Personally delighted I was incorrect. My 257 was based on that I had £2.57 in my pocket at the time

Jonnyboy
07-06-2014, 07:06 PM
Personally delighted I was incorrect. My 257 was based on that I had £2.57 in my pocket at the time

Next time have £5000 :greengrin

lord bunberry
07-06-2014, 08:10 PM
Im not belittling anyone but many on here were predicting under 200 fans would turn up today....the depth of feeling is way stronger than that in the support. We criticised our pink friends across the city for sitting back and doing nothing in their club's hour of need...

We'll said mate, it wasn't the fact that some people we're predict ting a low turn out, was people hoping for a low turnout that bothered me.
They were wrong Petrie out