PDA

View Full Version : Fans asked to gather at Car Park, West Stand.

GORDONSMITH7
04-06-2014, 01:49 PM
Organisers have told me that the overwhelming responses that they have received from Hibs fans, which they have acted upon, has meant that the Rally will be at the Holy Ground from 11.00 onwards on Saturday and not Meadowbank or Leith Links as suggested. I am also told that there will be details of this and of the running order of speakers etc announced shortly.

GGTTH

BIG G

Juice-Terry
04-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Common sense prevails. Thank ****!

ALF TUPPER
04-06-2014, 01:59 PM
Hibs going to allow that? Club's car-park after all.

Heras fencing maybe ?

Just askin like

dmc1875
04-06-2014, 02:14 PM
The gates will be shut. This protest is going to be embarrassing and seems quite poorly thought out IMO

oregonhibby
04-06-2014, 02:16 PM
Making this up as they are going along. It is Norton Park Business Centre car park and not Hibs. I imagine they will not be happy particularly if they have not been asked.

silverhibee
04-06-2014, 02:28 PM

Heras fencing maybe ?

Just askin like

It's not the clubs car park.

silverhibee
04-06-2014, 02:31 PM
The gates will be shut. This protest is going to be embarrassing and seems quite poorly thought out IMO

How do you know this and who will lock them, they are never locked at any time.

Spike Mandela
04-06-2014, 02:32 PM
Hopefully weather forecast improves.......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2650225

dmc1875
04-06-2014, 02:35 PM
How do you know this and who will lock them, they are never locked at any time.

I've definitely seen them shut. Didn't know they couldn't be locked though tbf

HibeeMassive
04-06-2014, 02:35 PM
Making this up as they are going along. It is Norton Park Business Centre car park and not Hibs. I imagine they will not be happy particularly if they have not been asked.

The plans haven't changed from what was originally discussed. Some rumours about changing, but nothing was ever announced, and now confirmation of the plans being as they were first suggested..

If Norton Park BC are unhappy, I'm sure the gates will be shut and the demo will take place outside the gates. Nothing too complicated or 'made-up as they go' as far as I can see :confused:

oregonhibby
04-06-2014, 02:38 PM
Outside would mean on the street and any demonstration requires police and the cooncil to be advised to provide appropriate security and road closures as necessary.

Fair point on no official announcement!

silverhibee
04-06-2014, 02:47 PM
I've definitely seen them shut. Didn't know they couldn't be locked though tbf

I will bring these just in case.

http://www.toolsinstock.com/admin/images/08673_DIY-BC2.jpg

Sorted.

GORDONSMITH7
04-06-2014, 02:48 PM
*The gates will be shut. This protest is going to be embarrassing and seems quite poorly thought out IMO*

I've heard that if the gates are closed my good self and fellow sexagenarian Dougie McLeod, Chairperson of St. Patrick's Branch will need grappling irons to get over the gates to attend the meeting with Leeann Dempster to which we have been invited. I could manage, however dinae ken about Dougie. Very undignified!

GGTTH

BIG G

*As a democrat I do support absolutely, your right to sit back, sigh and do brussel sprout.*

Gustavo Fring
04-06-2014, 02:57 PM

im sure the guys thats organising this have been working tirelessly round the clock to try and pull this off

if rod petrie and his board of directors had put in the effort of kano etc then we wouldnt be needing to have a protest in the 1st place

Keith_M
04-06-2014, 02:59 PM
I've heard that if the gates are closed my good self and fellow sexagenarian Dougie McLeod, Chairperson of St. Patrick's Branch will need grappling irons to get over the gates to attend the meeting with Leeann Dempster to which we have been invited. I could manage, however dinae ken about Dougie. Very undignified!

GGTTH

BIG G

*As a democrat I do support absolutely, your right to sit back, sigh and do brussel sprout.*

Maybe you could get a 'Lift Over'

:wink:

Gerard
04-06-2014, 02:59 PM

GGTTH

BIG G

I have also been invited to this meeting via Erin Trust. I have no desire to climb gates etc

dmc1875
04-06-2014, 03:00 PM
im sure the guys thats organising this have been working tirelessly round the clock to try and pull this off

if rod petrie and his board of directors had put in the effort of kano etc then we wouldnt be needing to have a protest in the 1st place

I'm all for change and I will be there I just can't help but feel this is disorganised and will be a non event.

At least they aren't moving it to Leith links or other suggestions

Weir7
04-06-2014, 03:25 PM

Heras fencing maybe ?

Just askin like

Not club's car park

Weir7
04-06-2014, 03:26 PM
I'm all for change and I will be there I just can't help but feel this is disorganised and will be a non event.

At least they aren't moving it to Leith links or other suggestions

Offer your services to improve the organisation?

Weir7
04-06-2014, 03:28 PM
The plans haven't changed from what was originally discussed. Some rumours about changing, but nothing was ever announced, and now confirmation of the plans being as they were first suggested..

If Norton Park BC are unhappy, I'm sure the gates will be shut and the demo will take place outside the gates. Nothing too complicated or 'made-up as they go' as far as I can see :confused:

Exactly. Simple.

WHUHibs
04-06-2014, 03:35 PM
I will bring these just in case.

http://www.toolsinstock.com/admin/images/08673_DIY-BC2.jpg

Sorted.

:greengrin

GORDONSMITH7
04-06-2014, 03:42 PM
Maybe you could get a 'Lift Over'

:wink:

In the 60's I used tae at Easter Road. Now in my 60's 10 men couldnae carry me or Nade!!

GGTTH

BIG G

Pretty Boy
04-06-2014, 04:04 PM
Just to echo what has been said.

The protest will go ahead at ER as originally planned. The feedback Kano got was that people felt that was where it should happen so it will. As said in the OP a note of speakers etc will be forthcoming.

Also worth noting is that Paul has spent the morning meeting with Police and they are aware of the protest going ahead at ER.

Keith_M
04-06-2014, 04:58 PM

The protest will go ahead at ER as originally planned. The feedback Kano got was that people felt that was where it should happen so it will. As said in the OP a note of speakers etc will be forthcoming.

Also worth noting is that Paul has spent the morning meeting with Police and they are aware of the protest going ahead at ER.

Cheers, PB

:thumbsup:

147lothian
04-06-2014, 05:06 PM

Cheers!

St Pats Branch
04-06-2014, 05:23 PM

GGTTH

BIG G

I had to Google 'sexagenarian' - you had me worried.

Rory

RIP
04-06-2014, 06:00 PM
I had to Google 'sexagenarian' - you had me worried.

Rory

Between the age of 60 and 70? Never shirley!!

So is yer sexagenarian chairman yer granda or yer da Rory? :greengrin

Lewis77
04-06-2014, 06:03 PM
I do hope that when I get there It won't just be me and a couple of jakeys dry humping a bollard!

lord bunberry
04-06-2014, 06:06 PM
I do hope that when I get there It won't just be me and a couple of jakeys dry humping a bollard!

Will it be ok if the people dry humping the bollard aren't jakeys

FranckSuzy
04-06-2014, 06:08 PM

:rolleyes: :hmmm:

Boris
04-06-2014, 06:27 PM
In the 60's I used tae at Easter Road. Now in my 60's 10 men couldnae carry me or Nade!!

GGTTH

BIG G

It's aw relative Big G - yir just a lightweight really! :wink:

Hibrandenburg
04-06-2014, 06:33 PM

That sounds positive, let's hope the polis and the fans play nice and this might just turnout ok. Better late than never.

Jonnyboy
04-06-2014, 06:49 PM

Worse still if it's just you and timewilltell dry humping each other

silverhibee
04-06-2014, 06:52 PM
Worse still if it's just you and timewilltell dry humping each other

:faf:

jdships
04-06-2014, 07:00 PM
Given their is a " severe weather " warning for SE Scotland for Saturday wonder how many diehards will turn up ? :greengrin

Saorsa
04-06-2014, 07:05 PM
Given their is a " severe weather " warning for SE Scotland for Saturday wonder how many diehards will turn up ? :greengrinWeather has never stopped me watching pish fitba every week, it winnae stop me turning up on Saturday.

FranckSuzy
04-06-2014, 07:34 PM
I have also been invited to this meeting via Erin Trust. I have no desire to climb gates etc

jdships
04-06-2014, 07:46 PM

Serious question with no criticsm intended .
How many " factions" are attending this " meeting" and will they all be " singing from the same hymn sheet " ?

Reason I ask is have spoken with reps from four separate groups and again not being critical they all have other/different agendas alongsde the
" Petrie Must Go" main one .

:confused:

RIP
04-06-2014, 07:52 PM
How many " factions" are attending this " meeting" and will they all be " singing from the same hymn sheet " ?

Reason I ask is have spoken with reps from four separate groups and again not being critical they all have other/different agendas alongsde the

I'm confused too JD. Are you referring to Leeann's Working Together meeting scheduled weeks ago before we were relegated or the separate #Petrie Out campaign initiated last Monday?

Sounds like you are mixing up your apples and your pears

FranckSuzy
04-06-2014, 08:00 PM

Are you referring to the protest or the meeting with Ms Dempster, jdships? If it's the protest, it's open to every Hibby. If it's the meeting with Ms D, there are many groups attending under the umbrella of 'Working Together', made up of branches, Former Players Assoc., Hibs Historical Trust, Leith Links etc, etc.

PS I was laughing at Gerard's point of not jumping over gates. A 'woosh' moment for him, if you like :greengrin

St Pats Branch
04-06-2014, 08:06 PM
Between the age of 60 and 70? Never shirley!!

So is yer sexagenarian chairman yer granda or yer da Rory? :greengrin

Aw, I thought it just meant old!

Naw he's no, but he'll be delighted when I tell him Big G said he was haha

jdships
04-06-2014, 10:10 PM
I'm confused too JD. Are you referring to Leeann's Working Together meeting scheduled weeks ago before we were relegated or the separate #Petrie Out campaign initiated last Monday?

Sounds like you are mixing up your apples and your pears

Agree not quite sure exactly what is happening !!

jdships
04-06-2014, 10:13 PM
Are you referring to the protest or the meeting with Ms Dempster, jdships? If it's the protest, it's open to every Hibby. If it's the meeting with Ms D, there are many groups attending under the umbrella of 'Working Together', made up of branches, Former Players Assoc., Hibs Historical Trust, Leith Links etc, etc.

PS I was laughing at Gerard's point of not jumping over gates. A 'woosh' moment for him, if you like :greengrin

So there are two separate meetings on different days ?
Do I take one is " Official" and the other is whoever turns up can take part ?

Interesting to say the least !
:rolleyes:

FranckSuzy
04-06-2014, 10:13 PM
Agree not quite sure exactly what is happening !!

There are two meetings on Sat. One with Leeann Dempster and the other is the protest, 'Petrie Out' :aok:

jdships
04-06-2014, 10:16 PM
There are two meetings on Sat. One with Leeann Dempster and the other is the protest, 'Petrie Out' :aok:

Thanks
ER car park could be a busy place on Saturday :wink::greengrin

Turkish Green
04-06-2014, 10:27 PM

Will there be a picket line?

PETRIE OUT

FranckSuzy
04-06-2014, 10:49 PM
Thanks
ER car park could be a busy place on Saturday :wink::greengrin

:aok: :agree: :greengrin

FranckSuzy
04-06-2014, 10:51 PM
Will there be a picket line?

PETRIE OUT

Hope not as I'm going to the meeting :wink: :greengrin

ekhibee
05-06-2014, 10:18 AM
Can somebody explain something to me because I'm a little confused (it doesn't take much). I've got every intention of going to the protest to get rid of Petrie, but I'm not in favour of getting rid of Butcher. I'm assuming this protest is purely Petrie-related yeh? If it is I'll definitely be there, but if it's related to Butcher I definitely won't.

FranckSuzy
05-06-2014, 10:20 AM
Can somebody explain something to me because I'm a little confused (it doesn't take much). I've got every intention of going to the protest to get rid of Petrie, but I'm not in favour of getting rid of Butcher. I'm assuming this protest is purely Petrie-related yeh? If it is I'll definitely be there, but if it's related to Butcher I definitely won't.

It's called 'Petrie Out'. I think there's a clue in there :agree: :greengrin

DarlingtonHibee
05-06-2014, 10:22 AM

Your fine - it used to be called a "witch hunt".

Only one person will define RP's status at Hibs - STF.

Still, plenty of publicity for the "gropu of four", guess it is their 15 minutes of fame .

JustSimplyHibs
05-06-2014, 10:29 AM

Reading over some of the posts bud it sounds as if there will defo be a 'Petrie Out' line and a mini 'Butcher Out' picket. No list of speakers to the masses so we'll be standing about to give folk like Kano a wee cheer as he walks passed, Dempster has said basically there is no point and i personally believe there will be some form of statement from Leeann tomorrow followed by the announcement of 4 player signings with the new strip will be modelled.

ekhibee
05-06-2014, 10:41 AM
Reading over some of the posts bud it sounds as if there will defo be a 'Petrie Out' line and a mini 'Butcher Out' picket. No list of speakers to the masses so we'll be standing about to give folk like Kano a wee cheer as he walks passed, Dempster has said basically there is no point and i personally believe there will be some form of statement from Leeann tomorrow followed by the announcement of 4 player signings with the new strip will be modelled.

Hmm, I kind of suspected that was the case re. the protest. I'm all in favour of a few speeches etc regarding action against Petrie, but I'm certainly not going along to massage the ego of the organizers, whoever they may be. At the moment I'm still going, but that could change if Dempster issues some significant information before then.

MoantheCabbage
05-06-2014, 11:06 AM

Surely any kind of demonstration has to have an organiser or it would be lawless. I am pretty sure the 4 guys involved aren't organising a protest to massage their egos or to become some sort of martyr

Keith sands tried to organise a protest which didn't materialise because mediocrity and failure is acceptable to some. This looks like we are gathering a momentum and have purpose in getting the fans together to make change happen

I hope we turn up in huge numbers and make sure Our voices are heard or I'm afraid it's back to mediocrity and failure once again

DarlingtonHibee
05-06-2014, 11:22 AM
Really ?

I am pretty sure the 4 guys involved aren't organising a protest to massage their egos or to become some sort of martyr

MoantheCabbage
05-06-2014, 11:30 AM
Really ?

I am pretty sure the 4 guys involved aren't organising a protest to massage their egos or to become some sort of martyr

Really?????? Is that some kind of retort

The guys in question are all season ticket holders trying to get behind the fans and organise what most believe to be the ongoing problem at hibs.

What do you think is the problem with hibs and if you think the guys are only involved for some kind of popularity contest then who should be the spokesman?

Brightside
05-06-2014, 11:32 AM
It's called 'Petrie Out'. I think there's a clue in there :agree: :greengrin

Its not tho. Many people involved are saying on this site that Butcher out os part of it too. A clear statemnt needs to be made by PK as to what the purpose of the demo is, AND what do they want to happen. At the moment its a cert that there are going to be a few hundred people standing at the gates shouting "PetButchFarmer OUT"

seanshow
05-06-2014, 11:46 AM
regarding attire for this protest, what are we talking Petrie out sandwich boards or just normal Hibs gear?

Can someone estimate how many will be there, hopefully at least as many as after the Hamilton game.....We are coming through but don't want it to end up being one man and his dug standing there.

Fwiw im also only intetested in the removal of Petrie, not Butcher at this point anyway unti he clears out the rest of the wasters and gets his own players in.

Baldy Foghorn
05-06-2014, 01:02 PM
Your fine - it used to be called a "witch hunt".

Only one person will define RP's status at Hibs - STF.

Still, plenty of publicity for the "gropu of four", guess it is their 15 minutes of fame .

:blah::blah::yawn:

Yeah because the only reason the "group of four" are doing it, is to gain press time.....

DarlingtonHibee
05-06-2014, 01:34 PM
:blah::blah::yawn:

Yeah because the only reason the "group of four" are doing it, is to gain press time.....

No, they are doing it to try and get rid of RP - with no long term viable option on view (stage 2 /3).

Would we be entertaining anybody else coming in saying - "oh don't worry we have plans, but can't share them yet"...

Saorsa
05-06-2014, 01:38 PM
No, they are doing it to try and get rid of RP - with no long term viable option on view (stage 2 /3).

Would we be entertaining anybody else coming in saying - "oh don't worry we have plans, but can't share them yet"...but we'll entertain those who are already there that winnae share theirs? Nae need now mind you, we've just suffered the results of his plans, what a job yer man has done, well done. :aok:

Baldy Foghorn
05-06-2014, 01:48 PM

Would we be entertaining anybody else coming in saying - "oh don't worry we have plans, but can't share them yet"...

That's exactly what RP does at AGM's......

147lothian
05-06-2014, 01:56 PM

Stop trying to make it personal, different people will have different opinions on different things, so what? That's life, the board will also have different opinions on different issues, rod ****ing petrie is not the only person who can act as conduit between club and absent owner, we are going to the car park at west stand on Saturday to remove his toxic brand from the club, other plans can happen after that this been achieved!

MoantheCabbage
05-06-2014, 02:15 PM

The long term option is in place she is leean dempster. The whole point is to get Petrie out to allow her to do the role the way she sees fit.

Once again I'll ask you DH who would you elect spokesperson if the guys aren't what your looking for.

FranckSuzy
05-06-2014, 02:21 PM

You certainly have a lot to say on the subject so what are your ideas then? You can agree with them or not but I think you're assertion that they are only in this for the self-publicity is way off the mark. They would have know that quite a bit of flak would come their way for their stance but were undeterred. Surely that is to be commended, if nothing else?

It's easy to sit back and slag off those who feel strongly enough to actually DO something about a situation that they have felt, and stated publicly, that they are unhappy with over many years.

147lothian
05-06-2014, 02:27 PM
Really ?

To suggest that people who do work on a voluntary basis, for supporters branches or HSA etc, are only doing this for self publicity is very disrespectful!

DarlingtonHibee
05-06-2014, 02:33 PM
The long term option is in place she is leean dempster. The whole point is to get Petrie out to allow her to do the role the way she sees fit.

Once again I'll ask you DH who would you elect spokesperson if the guys aren't what your looking for.

Then lets give LD some time to assert herself - it is not unusal for a handover period to take place.

My personal view is that RP will depart when the time is right, and STF is confident that LD can secure the long term stability of the club, and live within its means.

MoantheCabbage
05-06-2014, 02:39 PM
Then lets give LD some time to assert herself - it is not unusal for a handover period to take place.

My personal view is that RP will depart when the time is right, and STF is confident that LD can secure the long term stability of the club, and live within its means.

Petrie will still have the majority say on anything LD comes up with. We have been down this route before with fife hyland and Scott Lindsay which didn't work. Complete removal is needed before we can see any benefit a new leader will bring in to the club

Why would a handover be necessary if she is taking complete control to bring in fresh ideas?

DarlingtonHibee
05-06-2014, 02:43 PM
Petrie will still have the majority say on anything LD comes up with. We have been down this route before with fife hyland and Scott Lindsay which didn't work. Complete removal is needed before we can see any benefit a new leader will bring in to the club

Why would a handover be necessary if she is taking complete control to bring in fresh ideas?

If complete removal is needed - then surely STF is the only man that can do this - I'm not disagreeing with you, but surely it is up to the majority shareholder to decide ?

MoantheCabbage
05-06-2014, 03:02 PM
[QUOTE=DarlingtonHibee;4049108]If complete removal is needed - then surely STF is the only man that can do this - I'm not disagreeing with you, but surely it is up to the majority shareholder to t

The protest is to show the fans no longer trust in the current CEO therefor demonstrating shows the owner and other board members that the life blood of the club (the fans) want change as no one involved with the club seems to think there is an issue when there clearly is

STF hasn't bothered to give any statements in regard to any of the current issues as he simply doesn't want to be involved with the daily routine of the club which is why Petrie was allowed a 10% stake in the club.

Finger crossed the demo will have the board sit up and notice we deserve better from our club

DarlingtonHibee
05-06-2014, 03:08 PM
[QUOTE=DarlingtonHibee;4049108]If complete removal is needed - then surely STF is the only man that can do this - I'm not disagreeing with you, but surely it is up to the majority shareholder to t

The protest is to show the fans no longer trust in the current CEO therefor demonstrating shows the owner and other board members that the life blood of the club (the fans) want change as no one involved with the club seems to think there is an issue when there clearly is

STF hasn't bothered to give any statements in regard to any of the current issues as he simply doesn't want to be involved with the daily routine of the club which is why Petrie was allowed a 10% stake in the club.

Finger crossed the demo will have the board sit up and notice we deserve better from our club

Cheers - all I want is a Hibs that I grew up supporting, and a club that I know will be around for my son to support.

Stay safe on Saturday.

lord bunberry
05-06-2014, 03:42 PM

If Petrie was to come out and say he's leaving in x amount of months when Dempster has gotten up to speed then I think most people would accept that, the fact that he hasn't means to me that he's no intention of leaving.

Keith_M
05-06-2014, 03:58 PM
If complete removal is needed - then surely STF is the only man that can do this - I'm not disagreeing with you, but surely it is up to the majority shareholder to decide ?

DH, you obviously have strong feelings on this, which is fair enough. I'd like to write down how I see it, which might (hopefully) answer your questions:

---

Most of us seem to be happy for Dempster to take charge and see if she can make a difference. A large number of Hibs Supporters no longer have any faith in Petrie, or trust him NOT to interfere in Dempster decisions, therefore want him out of the way completely to let her get on and do the job in her way.

You are right that STF, and Petrie himself, are the only ones that can remove him. The point of the protest is to get over just how strong the feeling is among the support about Petrie's position. He will not necessarily be convinced by one protest but, if it is the start of an ongoing, visible campaign, then it may yield the desired result in time.

The alternative is to sit back and do nothing and just hope for the best.

147lothian
05-06-2014, 05:40 PM
If Petrie was to come out and say he's leaving in x amount of months when Dempster has gotten up to speed then I think most people would accept that, the fact that he hasn't means to me that he's no intention of leaving.

Do you not realize that the team you grew up supporting has long gone thanks to petrie? Dempster can say what she likes but if we still have this the dinosaur having the final say and then, being the conduit between club and owner, things won't change, that's why we want petrie out, for the benefit of the club, petrie has nothing but contempt for fan's he is out of touch and belongs to a different era, with different attitudes, he has to go!

05-06-2014, 05:49 PM

I think that would be pretty poor of the club if they closed the gates TBH. I can understand them not allowing folk into the stadium as there has to be saftey certificates etc etc. but they should at least let us through the gates.

DarlingtonHibee
05-06-2014, 05:57 PM
DH, you obviously have strong feelings on this, which is fair enough. I'd like to write down how I see it, which might (hopefully) answer your questions:

---

Most of us seem to be happy for Dempster to take charge and see if she can make a difference. A large number of Hibs Supporters no longer have any faith in Petrie, or trust him NOT to interfere in Dempster decisions, therefore want him out of the way completely to let her get on and do the job in her way.

You are right that STF, and Petrie himself, are the only ones that can remove him. The point of the protest is to get over just how strong the feeling is among the support about Petrie's position. He will not necessarily be convinced by one protest but, if it is the start of an ongoing, visible campaign, then it may yield the desired result in time.

The alternative is to sit back and do nothing and just hope for the best.

Good post - respect.

The Leith Dutch
05-06-2014, 09:36 PM
On the respect front - I'm hoping the protest keeps it non-personal.

For what it's worth I think Petrie absolutely has to go for the good of the football club.
Having said that he has done a great deal of good for Hibernian Football Club over the years though admitedlly little of it has translated to the pitch.

Anger at our situation is perfectly understandable but it is important to remember that what has been done has been done, at worst, for reasons of ego, arrogance or cynicism. It has not been done with the intention of damaging the club.

The needs to be a balance struck tomorrow between showing the respect & class that most of us believe sets us apart from those of a Maroon persuasion while forcefully asserting our position - that the club's current position is completely unacceptable and the opinion of what seems to be the majority of supporters that Rod Petrie has served his time and purpose at Hibs.

bighairyfaeleith
05-06-2014, 09:45 PM
On the respect front - I'm hoping the protest keeps it non-personal.

For what it's worth I think Petrie absolutely has to go for the good of the football club.
Having said that he has done a great deal of good for Hibernian Football Club over the years though admitedlly little of it has translated to the pitch.

Anger at our situation is perfectly understandable but it is important to remember that what has been done has been done, at worst, for reasons of ego, arrogance or cynicism. It has not been done with the intention of damaging the club.

The needs to be a balance struck tomorrow between showing the respect & class that most of us believe sets us apart from those of a Maroon persuasion while forcefully asserting our position - that the club's current position is completely unacceptable and the opinion of what seems to be the majority of supporters that Rod Petrie has served his time and purpose at Hibs.

I don't agree with the protest but if it happens I hope it is in this manner.

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

dp00
05-06-2014, 10:22 PM
The club would do best to open the gates to east stand area outside the actual stand and let people gather there... Won't interrupt the meeting and won't annoy the people who own car park... And would mean police could keep an eye on who was entering as only 1 entrance

147lothian
05-06-2014, 11:00 PM
The club would do best to open the gates to east stand area outside the actual stand and let people gather there... Won't interrupt the meeting and won't annoy the people who own car park... And would mean police could keep an eye on who was entering as only 1 entrance

Yes this is very true, it also shows the contempt that the board has for the very life blood of the club, they are out of touch and this is why we need change, the old guard led by pettier has to be removed

marinello59
06-06-2014, 06:20 AM
Although I have expressed doubts about it I hope there is a very large turnout for this protest. The only way change can be achieved is if pressure continues to be applied. Of course there will be some angry chants but I fully expect this to be a respectful gathering of people concerned about the club they love. None of us will get everything we want out of this but hopefully we all get something.
GGTTH

cabbageandribs1875
06-06-2014, 11:13 AM
two weeks worth of rain to drop tomorrow

http://img4-2.realsimple.timeinc.net/images/1003/umbrella-samsonite-mini_300.jpg

Bathgate Gala day the morra so rain was a cert :grr:

Phil D. Rolls
06-06-2014, 11:23 AM
You certainly have a lot to say on the subject so what are your ideas then? You can agree with them or not but I think you're assertion that they are only in this for the self-publicity is way off the mark. They would have know that quite a bit of flak would come their way for their stance but were undeterred. Surely that is to be commended, if nothing else?

It's easy to sit back and slag off those who feel strongly enough to actually DO something about a situation that they have felt, and stated publicly, that they are unhappy with over many years.

Whatever their motives, they haven't been very good at convincing people they know what they are doing. I hope they can make it clearer what it is they hope to achieve at the Family Fun Protest - they deserve a chance.

I've not been very impressed with their behaviour so far. As you say though, at least they are doing something about it. They deserve a chance to show that they have the answers.

I can't help feeling that they dont though.

Betty Boop
06-06-2014, 11:28 AM

Hear hear :agree:

Brightside
06-06-2014, 11:29 AM
Yes this is very true, it also shows the contempt that the board has for the very life blood of the club, they are out of touch and this is why we need change, the old guard led by pettier has to be removed

As soon as the club let people into the grounds it becomes a club issue to police. They have stated that time and again. I really dont want the club spending money or fined for this event.

Hibee87
06-06-2014, 11:32 AM
two weeks worth of rain to drop tomorrow

http://img4-2.realsimple.timeinc.net/images/1003/umbrella-samsonite-mini_300.jpg

Bathgate Gala day the morra so rain was a cert :grr:

WOuldnt be a bathgate gala without rain and few stabbings

whiskyhibby
06-06-2014, 12:04 PM
So do we have a confirmed start time and running order for the speeches yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saorsa
07-06-2014, 07:18 AM
Given their is a " severe weather " warning for SE Scotland for Saturday wonder how many diehards will turn up ? :greengrinlooks like the sun has decided tae shine on us now that god has joined our side. :na na:

the sun shines on the righteous. :greengrin :agree:

#petrieout

Betty Boop
07-06-2014, 09:04 AM
Got to laugh at posters who think there's some code of conduct for a protest.

Big_Franck
07-06-2014, 09:38 AM

Agree with this. Its exactly the kind of attitude that has made us soft from top to bottom.

147lothian
07-06-2014, 09:41 AM
Wanted for doing nothing but answer to the absent landlord, the board are out of touch, aloof and arrogant im on my way there now, this is just the start, petrie must go!

GreenCastle
07-06-2014, 09:48 AM
Fans gathering already :aok:

DaveF
07-06-2014, 10:23 AM
Just got here. Difficult to say how many here, but its busy.

Big_Franck
07-06-2014, 10:26 AM
Safe to say there are several hundred here at least. Its getting really busy

erin go bragh
07-06-2014, 10:55 AM
Thousands here now . Petrie out .

Ggtth

whiskyhibby
07-06-2014, 11:00 AM
Any updates on the crowd size and those addressing the crowd?

blackpoolhibs
07-06-2014, 11:02 AM

Agree with this. Its exactly the kind of attitude that has made us soft from top to bottom.

100% spot on. And all this hibs class sheite gives me the boak. Do whatever we can to rid this prick from our club, and if it means the same tactics as got rid of Mercer, then so be it.

Billy McKirdy
07-06-2014, 11:03 AM
Paul Kane, Kenny McLean jnr, Jackie McNamara, Pat Stanton so far. I reckon about 3500/4000 here.

ackeygraham
07-06-2014, 11:09 AM
Well done to all. I'm there in spirit! #petrieout

Hibrandenburg
07-06-2014, 11:12 AM

Not a code of conduct as such but maybe some lines that shouldn't be crossed or are you really saying anything goes?

sambajustice
07-06-2014, 11:17 AM
So whats going on then?? Are folk just listening to the speakers or is everyone screaming blue murder?

Any pavement dancing or claret spillages yet??

Dublin07
07-06-2014, 11:27 AM
Great turn out. I am sitting on a trolley in ERI or would be there with my boys. Petrie out!
Good to here that sky are there for all to see we could do with having the media backing us.

Big_Franck
07-06-2014, 11:42 AM
I left about 10 minutes ago as it was finishing. Great turnout, hard to judge from where i was but at a guess id say it was 1600 or 1700.

There were speeches from kenny mclean jnr, pat stanton, micky weir and some other boy whose name i missed. Kano made 3 or 4 speeches. They played hibs songs in between the speeches and there were songs from the fans a few times.

All in it went much better than i suspected and should be well covered in the press.

Keith_M
07-06-2014, 11:43 AM
Paul Kane, Kenny McLean jnr, Jackie McNamara, Pat Stanton so far. I reckon about 3500/4000 here.

Photos please....

Nakedmanoncrack
07-06-2014, 11:43 AM
excellent turn out & emotional speeches, very worthwhile, but it's only the start of the fight to reclaim the club.

lugz
07-06-2014, 11:45 AM
So was it 1600 or 4000 there? Either way well done to all who attended.

ionahibby
07-06-2014, 11:46 AM
100% spot on. And all this hibs class sheite gives me the boak. Do whatever we can to rid this prick from our club, and if it means the same tactics as got rid of Mercer, then so be it.

Comparing Petrie to mercer is laughable! There shouldn't be any dirty tactics especially not those that were used against mercer.

I went to the protest despite not being in agreement with Kane etc but i admit it went pretty well i accept that what I've said about him and how i felt was wrong. Humble pie for me.

Nevi_SOL
07-06-2014, 11:46 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/07/rybe8amy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
07-06-2014, 11:50 AM
Comparing Petrie to mercer is laughable! There shouldn't be any dirty tactics especially not those that were used against mercer.

I went to the protest despite not being in agreement with Kane etc but i admit it went pretty well i accept that what I've said about him and how i felt was wrong. Humble pie for me.

You keep laughing.

Keith_M
07-06-2014, 11:50 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/07/rybe8amy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers

Looks like a decent turn-out.

Bishop Hibee
07-06-2014, 11:51 AM
Great turn out. I'd say around the 1500 mark but hard to judge. The tone of the protest was right too. No histrionics, just a simple message that we want Petrie out and we will be there for as long as it takes.

Hibrandenburg
07-06-2014, 11:56 AM
I left about 10 minutes ago as it was finishing. Great turnout, hard to judge from where i was but at a guess id say it was 1600 or 1700.

There were speeches from kenny mclean jnr, pat stanton, micky weir and some other boy whose name i missed. Kano made 3 or 4 speeches. They played hibs songs in between the speeches and there were songs from the fans a few times.

All in it went much better than i suspected and should be well covered in the press.

Well done to all involved, it will be interesting to hear what response the club makes.

Did anyone mention what's next on the agenda?

Big_Franck
07-06-2014, 12:09 PM
Well done to all involved, it will be interesting to hear what response the club makes.

Did anyone mention what's next on the agenda?

During one of Paul Kane's speeches he asked the fans to raise their hands if they wanted the campaign to continue until we get rid of Petrie. It was obviously unanimous. He then asked how many of us wanted them to campaign for proper representation on the board etc. Again this was unanimous.

Seems like the plan is to continue with the Petrie Out campaign until he is gone and then go about improving the relationship between the fans and the club. It seemed to me that they may try to encourage as many fans to buy shares in the club as possible, although he didn't actually say it.

There weren't any concrete plans revealed as to how they'll go about getting him removed, or what the next step is, although Kano did say that the fans would be the first to know when they had any news.

I was near the back of the crowd, and the quality of the sound system wasn't great, but I think that sums it up. If anyone was nearer the front and any of that is wrong, feel free to correct it.

Kano and Pat Stanton seemed to genuinely take a lot of encouragement from the numbers that turned up and assured us that they will fight on until the bawbag is removed :greengrin

Gettin' Auld
07-06-2014, 12:12 PM
As protests go, it was very well behave and plenty Hibs tunes being played between speeches too. The organisers estimated the attendance as 2,000 - 2,500 but I was tucked in near the stand in case it started pishin rain, so we weren't in the best place to estimate the crowd. I'd have guessed that 2,000 wouldn't be far off the mark.

Good speeches. No rants, just statements from people who clearly care about the club.

Paul Kane came over better than i expected too, so fair play to the guy.

Hibrandenburg
07-06-2014, 12:18 PM
During one of Paul Kane's speeches he asked the fans to raise their hands if they wanted the campaign to continue until we get rid of Petrie. It was obviously unanimous. He then asked how many of us wanted them to campaign for proper representation on the board etc. Again this was unanimous.

Seems like the plan is to continue with the Petrie Out campaign until he is gone and then go about improving the relationship between the fans and the club. It seemed to me that they may try to encourage as many fans to buy shares in the club as possible, although he didn't actually say it.

There weren't any concrete plans revealed as to how they'll go about getting him removed, or what the next step is, although Kano did say that the fans would be the first to know when they had any news.

I was near the back of the crowd, and the quality of the sound system wasn't great, but I think that sums it up. If anyone was nearer the front and any of that is wrong, feel free to correct it.

Kano and Pat Stanton seemed to genuinely take a lot of encouragement from the numbers that turned up and assured us that they will fight on until the bawbag is removed. :greengrin

Thanks BBF :thumbsup:

Hope this bawbag tag takes hold.

Some on here will be disappointed that there wasn't a more ROBUST protest but that would have been playing into Petrie's hands. Well done all!

DaveF
07-06-2014, 12:21 PM
Well worth going and I'd suggest about 2000 present. Good to hear from the ex players about standards expected at HFC and just how far short we are of them right now. A good few 'We want Petrie Out' chants but nothing disrespectful.

Pleased with the turnout, pleased for the organisers.

#petrieout

EdinMike
07-06-2014, 12:42 PM
Probably about 2000, well represented and saw a good few fimiliar faces.

#petrieout

borstalboy
07-06-2014, 12:44 PM
Well worth going and I'd suggest about 2000 present. Good to hear from the ex players about standards expected at HFC and just how far short we are of them right now. A good few 'We want Petrie Out' chants but nothing disrespectful.

Pleased with the turnout, pleased for the organisers.

#petrieout

:top marks
Really liked Mickey Weir as a speaker, summed it up nicely when he said that when he joined Hibs he was told by the likes of Stanton etc what it actually meant to play for Hibs!!

h185forever
07-06-2014, 12:49 PM
I expected LD was going to be speaking to the fans today ....I thought id read some chat about her wanting to engage us about ticket pricing etc ...or did I just imagaine that ? :dunno:

07-06-2014, 12:54 PM
:top marks
Really liked Mickey Weir as a speaker, summed it up nicely when he said that when he joined Hibs he was told by the likes of Stanton etc what it actually meant to play for Hibs!!

This is exactly what needs to be reinstalled at the club. Players understanding 100% how important this club is and what it means to be at Hibernian football club. Players that play for the badge and take pride and have passion for the club, not these pathetic journeymen we have seen so many of over the past few years that couldn't really give a **** one way or another - just happy to be picking up a pay packet at the end of the day.

borstalboy
07-06-2014, 12:57 PM
This is exactly what needs to be reinstalled at the club. Players understanding 100% how important this club is and what it means to be at Hibernian football club. Players that play for the badge and take pride and have passion for the club, not these pathetic journeymen we have seen so many of over the past few years that couldn't really give a **** one way or another - just happy to be picking up a pay packet at the end of the day.

:top marksyou summed up what he was getting at nicely there!!

h185forever
07-06-2014, 01:02 PM
I expected LD was going to be speaking to the fans today ....I thought id read some chat about her wanting to engage us about ticket pricing etc ...or did I just imagaine that ? :dunno:

Ive just watched the GS/LD video part 2 again ...and she does say she was going to speak to the supporters associations on Saturday .....is that happening elsewhere ..anyone know ?

The Leith Dutch
07-06-2014, 01:19 PM

For the record I want Petrie and Butcher out of the club and if your point is that we can't afford to be soft then I'm inclined to agree.

I happen to be of the opinion (and it is only an opinion) that calling Butcher a hun and Petrie a **** doesn't make us look all that clever as a support and I seriously doubt it will help to achieve their departure from the club or for that matter make anyone we're looking at employing think highly of the club.

Genuinely interested to know where (or if) you draw the line on code of conduct?

I'm hoping it's short of, say, tanning the windows in on the West Stand which would imply there is some kind of "code of conduct"

tamig
07-06-2014, 01:23 PM
Ive just watched the GS/LD video part 2 again ...and she does say she was going to speak to the supporters associations on Saturday .....is that happening elsewhere ..anyone know ?

LD met the fans reps before the speakers started.

Betty Boop
07-06-2014, 01:25 PM
For the record I want Petrie and Butcher out of the club and if your point is that we can't afford to be soft then I'm inclined to agree.

I happen to be of the opinion (and it is only an opinion) that calling Butcher a hun and Petrie a **** doesn't make us look all that clever as a support and I seriously doubt it will help to achieve their departure from the club or for that matter make anyone we're looking at employing think highly of the club.

Genuinely interested to know where (or if) you draw the line on code of conduct?

I'm hoping it's short of, say, tanning the windows in on the West Stand which would imply there is some kind of "code of conduct"

Naw tanning the windows in the West Stand would be criminal damage. However calling Petrie and Butcher sweary words cmon ?

Flanny boy
07-06-2014, 01:36 PM
:top marks:agree::top marks

chrisski33
07-06-2014, 01:56 PM
Naw tanning the windows in the West Stand would be criminal damage. However calling Petrie and Butcher sweary words cmon ?

swearing and shouting petrie and butcher to gtf isnt exactly gonna make them go and isnt educated but emotions are high and can understand folk shouting it but in my opinion isnt right to swear. achhh fxck it!

FranckSuzy
07-06-2014, 05:13 PM

The meeting with LD was arranged well before the protest and they happened simultaneously. It was a privilege to be in the meeting but hard to hear all of the Hibs tunes/speeches going on outside as it made me want to be there. GGTTH

flash
07-06-2014, 06:05 PM
Having read all the posts and watched a bit about it on TV am happy to admit my doubts about today were misplaced.

Well done everybody. I will be at the next one.

southsider
07-06-2014, 06:28 PM
The meeting with LD was arranged well before the protest and they happened simultaneously. It was a privilege to be in the meeting but hard to hear all of the Hibs tunes/speeches going on outside as it made me want to be there. GGTTH
Hi Susan, the protest was conducted with dignity and a high degree of authority. I was worried about a low turnout and that it might turn into a rabble. .My fears were wrong on both counts as a turnout of approx 3000 and good behavior from all involved. We now turn up the pressure. k