PDA

View Full Version : Hearts Facilities

timewilltell
04-06-2014, 01:10 PM
Today's Edinburgh Evening News...

Wind up surely!!

"Hearts head coach Robbie Neilson is using his club’s facilities, infrastructure and long-term vision to convince potential signing targets to play in the Championship next season."

Steven_Hibs
04-06-2014, 04:01 PM
Have they paid the uni for the facilities yet by the way?

Bishop Hibee
04-06-2014, 04:05 PM
You and I pay for their training facilities through our taxes.

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-06-2014, 04:11 PM
Still in la la land as usual

Liars,Fantasists, thieves and cheats, it's the yak way.

SuperAllyMcleod
04-06-2014, 04:18 PM
To be fair, this is probably Banderson sucking up to the Yams.

Once Budget starts to curtail their expectations due to "infrastructure costs" then they will come to realise what a mess they are still in.

EdinMike
04-06-2014, 04:25 PM
Will they ever pay the uni for the facilities by the way?

Fixed that for you. And probably not !

Pete
04-06-2014, 04:29 PM
No shame.

emerald green
04-06-2014, 04:57 PM
Facilities! :faf: The place is a s***hole.

Stantons Angel
04-06-2014, 08:08 PM
What i cant understand is how will they be allowed to "sell" the club to incoming players on the training facilities, the infrastructure and the stadium?

The training facilities do not belong to them, they dont pay their bill when it is presented?

The infrastructure they may have had was stripped of anything worth selling at all?

And as for the stadium, well that would sell the club to any one wouldnt it?

What an embarrassment they are and all this came from someone who will effectively run the team.......

gillythehibby
04-06-2014, 09:36 PM
As i posted on the EN forum, when did Hertz build these great facilities. Nae response yet :-)

Michael
04-06-2014, 09:41 PM
To be fair, I heard that their coffee machine does Cappuccinos and that the hearts fridge dispenses ice. Just a rumour though. :wink:

Turkish Green
04-06-2014, 09:45 PM
Having studied at the Watt, their facilities are nothing to write home about and rented too. Doesn't the artificial grass need to be replaced as it is out of date, G2?

Kato
04-06-2014, 09:48 PM
As i posted on the EN forum, when did Hertz build these great facilities. Nae response yet :-)

They don't like relevant questions.

Dashing Bob S
04-06-2014, 09:52 PM
Scorpio Leisure (allegedly) has better facilities than them, and not so many *ricks and *annies involved.

Crazyhorse
04-06-2014, 10:20 PM
Having studied at the Watt, their facilities are nothing to write home about and rented too. Doesn't the artificial grass need to be replaced as it is out of date, G2?

Maybe but they will soon be a whole lot better. If, and I suppose it is a big IF, the yams remain there then they will have a very good deal. Unfortunately probably better than us (I'm afraid I'm not a fan of EM, I see it as the Con duit's folly and would have been quite happy to have seen Hibs also using HW).

southern hibby
05-06-2014, 01:22 AM
Maybe but they will soon be a whole lot better. If, and I suppose it is a big IF, the yams remain there then they will have a very good deal. Unfortunately probably better than us (I'm afraid I'm not a fan of EM, I see it as the Con duit's folly and would have been quite happy to have seen Hibs also using HW).

I on the other hand see East Mains as a exceptional piece of business. If we get the correct coaching staff I'n we could maximise it's potential more than we ever could at leith links or Heriot Watt. But then I suppose it's all about opinions.

GGTTH

GreenLake
05-06-2014, 02:10 AM
One facility that they have depended on enormously and that they won't be using for some time is their borrowing facility.

Libby Hibby
05-06-2014, 04:51 AM
They can try and attract as many players as they wish to facilities that they don't pay for...but can they sign them? No!! Still in admin until god knows when and the EN still tries to write pro Hearts news to keep them happy.

Nowhere have I seen it reported that they CANT sign anyone or that a points deduction is still a BIG possibility!!

gorgie greens
05-06-2014, 05:11 AM
and the bookies make them second favourites to go up,just shows what a mess we are,mind you Tam Cowan has tipped us :confused:

bigstu
05-06-2014, 07:14 AM
They have landed on their feet as I think I'm right in saying the training ground they use at the university is getting transformed by the Scottish government into the best sporting centre in Scotland as part of some centre of excellence scheme. And Hearts will get to use it for next to nothing despite then owing HW a load of money!

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-06-2014, 07:35 AM
They have landed on their feet as I think I'm right in saying the training ground they use at the university is getting transformed by the Scottish government into the best sporting centre in Scotland as part of some centre of excellence scheme. And Hearts will get to use it for next to nothing despite then owing HW a load of money!

Of course this is classic yak arrogance, they seem to know they will just use it and sod paying anyone for it, someone somewhere is pulling the strings for these cheats, now...I wonder who it is?...:hmmm:

Bostonhibby
05-06-2014, 07:49 AM
What will swing it for any player is the sight of the freshly filled calor gas heaters in the Robertson "suite" - all primed for the season ahead.

HWU management and the yam is a bit of a love in by the look of it, either that or they are being leaned on to be so benevolent - amongst the biggest debts owed, like the council they were amongst the slowest in pursuing it.

HWU left it for many months and had ample opportunity to kick them off site when the bills weren't paid - but hey, if you have a yam view of debt and you are not being chased for it.............as one poster says, it the taxpayer who pays.

greenpaper55
05-06-2014, 08:10 AM
I agree that EM or it's like is a necessity as the magical days of training in public parks are long gone but what i don't understand is why we had to pay 5 million for it ?, given that it had to be near Rods house in Longniddry as he wouldn't want to travel to far would he ! you would have thought that we could have spent a quarter of that and got something decent. That amount of money is more than half our turnover for a year which is a staggering amount of dosh to pay for a piece of land to train on, just think if we had spent even half that amount of money on players instead of 50 acres of farmland in east lothian we might have kicked on as a team under JC.

Ozyhibby
05-06-2014, 08:19 AM
Hearts currently pay £330,000 a year to rent at HW. They will be paying on time from now on.
The rent they pay to HW is based on the facilities they have now. When the institute of sport moves there they will be charge accordingly for any extra facilities they use.
East mains cost us about the same but is a better facility.

Ozyhibby
05-06-2014, 08:22 AM
I agree that EM or it's like is a necessity as the magical days of training in public parks are long gone but what i don't understand is why we had to pay 5 million for it ?, given that it had to be near Rods house in Longniddry as he wouldn't want to travel to far would he ! you would have thought that we could have spent a quarter of that and got something decent. That amount of money is more than half our turnover for a year which is a staggering amount of dosh to pay for a piece of land to train on, just think if we had spent even half that amount of money on players instead of 50 acres of farmland in east lothian we might have kicked on as a team under JC.

I wouldn't have trusted JC with the money. His eye for a player was shocking.

Hibernia Na Eir
05-06-2014, 12:38 PM
part of Edina can sigh with relief after the human excrement that is Jamie Hammil left town.

Keith_M
05-06-2014, 12:52 PM
TBF, this is a typical Barry Anderson, La-La-Land article. He has also produced two in the last week that claim Hearts will come out of Administration by the 16th of June.

He's paid to write positive stories to hook Hearts fans. Any facts or truth found in a Banderson article are purely coincidental.

The goalie
05-06-2014, 01:49 PM
[QUOTE=Turkish Green;4048455]Having studied at the Watt, their facilities are nothing to write home about and rented too. Doesn't the artificial grass need to be replaced as it is out of date, G2?[/QUOTE

]
My partner is from Ankara and lectures at HW :) anyway it's all getting redone is it not?

ekhibee
05-06-2014, 02:18 PM
What date is it that they would have a further 15 points deducted if they were still in administration? Is it the start of next season?

Haymaker
05-06-2014, 02:22 PM

Usually redone every 10 or so years? How long has the facility been there?

cocopops1875
05-06-2014, 05:16 PM
I work out at HW and notice they have ripped up one of the main training pitches , wondered if it was being returfed or if a 3G surface was being laid

Billy Whizz
05-06-2014, 05:18 PM
I work out at HW and notice they have ripped up one of the main training pitches , wondered if it was being returfed or if a 3G surface was being laid

The main park beside the astro was reseeded a few weeks ago. I was up last night and the new grass is starting to come through now

cocopops1875
05-06-2014, 05:25 PM
The main park beside the astro was reseeded a few weeks ago. I was up last night and the new grass is starting to come through now

Billy I meant the one on the main sports field, where the rugby pitches are, the ones they train on every day, I assume you are talking about the grass pitch right next to the astro

EastCalderHibby
05-06-2014, 09:21 PM
Facilities! :faf: The place is a s***hole.

when did the sewer dwellers buy *****rton :yawn2::yawn2::crazy::jamboclow

Sir David Gray
05-06-2014, 09:24 PM

I'm sure that it will be considered to be just like all their other debts in recent years in that they'll actually just owe it to themselves. :aok:

CRAZYHIBBY
06-06-2014, 07:09 AM
Hearts and facilities in the same sentence is hilarious