PDA

View Full Version : It's crap being a hibby just now..

KeithTheHibby
04-06-2014, 12:42 PM
2 years ago I felt crap about Hibs and if memory serves me right 1990 wasn't too great either however how I feel at the moment about my club is pretty much rock bottom.

Decent pros like McPake, Williams and Thomson allowed to leave when it was clear they would be able to do a good job next season.

Strong rumours that anyone under contract can leave for nothing ala Collins. Wouldn't surprise me to read that robertson and Hanlon have left.

No explanation as to why we are releasing players who are clearly assets to the club ie the first 3.

Absolutely nothing coming from the club regarding direction, ambition and how they intend to tackle next season.

Our manager allegedly on holiday at one of the most crucial times in recent years.

For me the board are doing their utmost to disengage with the most important people ie the fans. I wonder how many season tickets have been shifted this week for example? Double figures if they are lucky.

It really is a **** time being a hibby and the board are really going to have to turn this around big time in the next few weeks as I'm sick of reading bad press.

Virginia Hibs
04-06-2014, 12:58 PM
It's never crap being a Hibby.......think of the alternatives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kato
04-06-2014, 01:36 PM
Decent pros like McPake, Williams and Thomson allowed to leave when it was clear they would be able to do a good job next season.

Williams decided to leave months ago.

There is no proof at all that McPake or Thomson will do a job for anyone next season, mainly because there are huge questions over their fitness.

Paloschi
04-06-2014, 01:42 PM
2 years ago I felt crap about Hibs and if memory serves me right 1990 wasn't too great either however how I feel at the moment about my club is pretty much rock bottom.

Strong rumours that anyone under contract can leave for nothing ala Collins. Wouldn't surprise me to read that robertson and Hanlon have left.

No explanation as to why we are releasing players who are clearly assets to the club ie the first 3.

Absolutely nothing coming from the club regarding direction, ambition and how they intend to tackle next season.

Our manager allegedly on holiday at one of the most crucial times in recent years.

For me the board are doing their utmost to disengage with the most important people ie the fans. I wonder how many season tickets have been shifted this week for example? Double figures if they are lucky.

It really is a **** time being a hibby and the board are really going to have to turn this around big time in the next few weeks as I'm sick of reading bad press.

Disagree with the bit in bold but respect your opinion.

Thomson and McPake were both awful under Fenlon this season. Thomson was far too casual in the early parts of the season and slowed us down well too often. McPake was also a bombscare for me. Remember him against Hearts in the LC? Got branded James Mistake that night. Cost us a goal then a needless sending off. Always on the deck for no reason.

As for Big Ben he had a poor season by his standards and conceded countless goals that he should have been able to stop. Yes he pulled off great saves at times but I felt he chucked it as soon as it became apparent Hibs were in trouble and he would be off. I am confident we can find better than all 3 harsh as it sounds!

h185forever
04-06-2014, 01:48 PM
It's never crap being a Hibby.......think of the alternatives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hear hear

Scotty-1875
04-06-2014, 01:53 PM
I wouldn't say it's crap being a Hibby, but this is a ****ing embarrassment.

"WANTED
FOR CRIMES AGAINST HIBERNIAN F.C."

Turkish Green
04-06-2014, 02:19 PM
One of the main reasons that I joined Hibs.Net is that there is no Hibbys here in Turkey that I can have a bit of craic with. Or at least I haven't met any yet. It can be lonely but never crap. I am trying to put last season behind me now and looking positively forward to the Championship.

scott7_0(Prague)
04-06-2014, 02:27 PM

We have had various statements since our fall, we had a new chief exec installed this week, people deserve holidays.

Direction and Structure will come in the following weeks.
Our new chief whip will stir us up
TB is on holiday likewise is most of European/Global football, so not much work could be done in the following weeks in terms of the squad, maybe he will pick a few up over in Brazil that will please the hardy Hibs fans wanting his blood just now.

Spike Mandela
04-06-2014, 03:34 PM
It's always darkest before the dawn!

KDY Hibs
04-06-2014, 05:46 PM

Cheer up, we are in the Championship because we are gash, that shower across the city are in the Championship because they are classless cheats...we will get back and with an unblemished history, but them.....

Lewis77
04-06-2014, 06:22 PM

Mmmmm, Not Hiroshima it wasn't! Circa Midnight the 5th of August 1945.

Is going down the footballing equivalent of an atomic bomb?

yeezus.
04-06-2014, 06:26 PM
I wouldn't say it's crap being a Hibby, but this is a ****ing embarrassment.

"WANTED
FOR CRIMES AGAINST HIBERNIAN F.C."

I agree - we are the laughing stock of Scottish football. These BS posters are adding to folk laughing at us.

Smartie
04-06-2014, 06:47 PM

This is it for me.

We've been stumbling along on our downward spiral for yonks. Us fans have had that extra expectation for Hibs based on us flogging our decent young players for decent money for so long - we have had an expectation (unreasonable or otherwise) that we deserve better. I haven't felt optimistic about Hibs for years because it's been repetitive, the same mistakes, the same downward spiral. The whole cycle of failed managers, poor signings, poor atmosphere at ER - it's been a cycle of doom and gloom for a long time and has culminated in our relegation. I can see why it might seem bleak to some.

But it is also an opportunity. For us as fans as well as the club. The appointment of LD signals a big shift in the right direction in that I feel the club have acknowledged a failure and have signalled an intent to change direction. RP may stay, he may go, personally I would like to see him go because he personifies the failure of the past few years and it would be a good way to symbolically put it behind us. But I think the club have been jolted into taking a different approach.

Would we have had the cull we've had if we'd stayed up? Probably not, and boy did we need a cull. What did we get from Thomson, McPake, Williams et al for their wages? Rumoured rifts with management, hours on the treatment table, snippy articles in the press and fall-outs with the new coaching staff? These were our most senior players, those who we expected most of and I'm glad to see the back of them. I hope more follow. We may lose some of our better, younger players but if that's the price you pay then I'm all for that.

The jury's out on Butcher but I'm still with him. He has a track record of getting out of this league and of putting a decent team together on a shoe string - both qualities we desperately need right now.

All I hear is about what happens if we stay down - we could be down for years. What if we go up? As Champions? The Rangers and Hearts are in various states of disarray and should not be feared. What if we get some favourable fixtures and make a blinding start to the season? I want to see Butcher get his own players in early and have them drilled to hit the ground running at the start of the season. Imagine Rangers and Hearts drop a few points at the start of the season and we find ourselves leading from the front? A top of the table derby at Easter Road in September/ October? Yes please.

Promoted teams often go up with a bit of momentum and end up doing ok in the SPFL or whatever they're calling it. We need to be aiming to get right back up there again.

I've not been arsed with going to games for a while even though I've kept my season ticket. There was something I loved about the St Mirren and Hamilton away games at the end of the season. The big travelling supports got a bit more fire about me again. The football was dreadful (ok, not bad at Hamilton) but there was a wee bit of the old magic about it again for me.

Life is what you make of it. Everyone at Hibs, from the boardroom to the manager's office, to the dressing room to the stands needs to shift this "crap being a hibby" nonsense. It's not and it never should be.