PDA

View Full Version : Silence

Ozyhibby
04-06-2014, 10:51 AM
The Silence from Easter road is deafening.
Apart from the brief statement to say Leanne had arrived and Collins departed we have had nothing.
No news on season ticket prices.
No news on the player budget for next season.
Silence from the manager on what he thought went wrong.
Silence from the manager on what his plan are to ensure an immediate return to the top flight.
No news on link up with Spartans.
No news on overhaul of the youth set up.
Nothing.

And they expect us to buy season tickets?
We are being treated with contempt.

greenpaper55
04-06-2014, 10:54 AM
A bit weird i must admit, every week we had Butcher mouthing off when he should have let results do the talking now not a word or has he been gagged ?. Maybe those at the club are as shocked as we are and trying to work out what to do next, i doubt relegation was even thought of for next season.

Brightside
04-06-2014, 10:55 AM
She's only just in the door. Expect an update end of week.

Peevemor
04-06-2014, 10:59 AM
Maybe it's because the new "boss" has only been in the job two and a half days and is spending more time working behind the scenes to get things right rather than issue statements re. incomplete/hashed together plans.

We heard from TB every week during the season because there were after match interviews and scheduled pre-match press conferences every week. It's now the close season. I have no idea whether he's staying or not but I'm sure we'll hear something soon enough.

Hibrandenburg
04-06-2014, 11:08 AM
The silence from Butcher and about Butcher I find positive. I would interpret it as confirmation that LD has been left to decide his future.

Bobby's Cinema
04-06-2014, 11:12 AM
The silence from Butcher and about Butcher I find positive. I would interpret it as confirmation that LD has been left to decide his future.
This is good news. She is supposedly pretty ruthless

Gus Fring
04-06-2014, 11:15 AM
We've had 3 statements and 2 player updates in the 10 days since we were relegated. Everyone of them picked apart by people on here, Twitter and on Facebook. I'd rather they concentrated on the task in hand rather than waste their time releasing daft statements every few hours.

DaveF
04-06-2014, 11:25 AM
We've had 3 statements and 2 player updates in the 10 days since we were relegated. Everyone of them picked apart by people on here, Twitter and on Facebook. I'd rather they concentrated on the task in hand rather than waste their time releasing daft statements every few hours.

Agree to an extent, but the season ticket one is fairly important and could do with clarification IMO.

£405 for a championship team is extremely high. If that's the price and there is no movement on it, then so be it, but its a hot topic for a lot of people and should up there in terms of importance for the new CEO (although I realise she has a LOT on her plate right now!)

Ozyhibby
04-06-2014, 11:29 AM
The season ticket price is high but most people would pay it IF the club articulated a plan going forward that we could get behind.
The silence is convincing nobody.
I know she has only been in the job since Monday but I expected her to arrive with a plan, not just show up on the first day and see how it goes.

Peevemor
04-06-2014, 11:34 AM
The season ticket price is high but most people would pay it IF the club articulated a plan going forward that we could get behind.
I know she has only been in the job since Monday but I expected her to arrive with a plan, not just show up on the first day and see how it goes.

You think that's what she did?

The Gorf
When she took the job she probably had a plan in mind based on an SPL club. Now though she has to completely restructure her plan due to the relegation and will have more decisions to come to than she originally thought.

Hibstrooper

The future of Butcher
The gamble on Bramble
The beastie that is Petrie

We need clarifications or they will need to face the ramifications.

PeterboroHibee
04-06-2014, 11:36 AM
In some respects I dont really mind the silence from the club. Is a bog standard interview from the likes of Butcher or Petrie really going to make things better? Unless they are going to break down the plans for the club in any sort of detail, all Im interested in is hearing about signings, new kit release etc.

However, things such as season tickets are important to the fans, and I think they need to update everybody asap.

CRAZYHIBBY
04-06-2014, 11:53 AM
We will do what we always do. .. wait til all the other clubs are finished the pick the best of the dross that's left. ..we will hear something when it is done

Speedway
04-06-2014, 12:43 PM
The future of Butcher
The gamble on Bramble
The beastie that is Petrie

We need clarifications or they will need to face the ramifications.

What about the impasse on Malpas?
The plan to explain by Paul Kane about the protest with mostest?
and whether to picket the season ticket?

AlbertK86
04-06-2014, 01:05 PM
In some respects I dont really mind the silence from the club. Is a bog standard interview from the likes of Butcher or Petrie really going to make things better? Unless they are going to break down the plans for the club in any sort of detail, all Im interested in is hearing about signings, new kit release etc. However, things such as season tickets are important to the fans, and I think they need to update everybody asap.

I and I think the majority would have liked some kind of rallying call that we are determined to bounce right back and the club will do everything in their power to make this happen.

Like others I'm very surprised TB hasn't spoken but that may be as he is on hols or has been gagged until Leeann makes a full assessment on the staffs future

Did find it strange that Leeann was quoted re Collins departure

I do suspect that Leeann will give so,e sort of informative statement prior to Saturdays protest but a more informative one after meeting the fans groups

SlickShoes
04-06-2014, 01:07 PM
We will do what we always do. .. wait til all the other clubs are finished the pick the best of the dross that's left. ..we will hear something when it is done

I laughed at that but it's painfully true and probably what most fans expect to happen.

Lester B
04-06-2014, 01:08 PM
What about the impasse on Malpas?
The plan to explain by Paul Kane about the protest with mostest?
and whether to picket the season ticket?

What about the fella called Marsella?
Who is he touting after scouting?
And the rest of the Board
Are their views being explored?

Onion
04-06-2014, 01:13 PM
Silence could be a sign of a few things:

1. all the targets have gone to ground in hope that this all blows over.
2. LD has gagged them all as any comment would look stupid when they are removed from their jobs.
3. they're all on holiday and don't give a ****
4. STF has taken on role of PR exec

PeterboroHibee
04-06-2014, 02:16 PM
I and I think the majority would have liked some kind of rallying call that we are determined to bounce right back and the club will do everything in their power to make this happen.

Like others I'm very surprised TB hasn't spoken but that may be as he is on hols or has been gagged until Leeann makes a full assessment on the staffs future

Did find it strange that Leeann was quoted re Collins departure

I do suspect that Leeann will give so,e sort of informative statement prior to Saturdays protest but a more informative one after meeting the fans groups

As I suggested in my post, would them saying that make a huge amount of difference? Id rather see actions from the club rather than yet another statement. Its easy for them to say they will be trying to get us back up first time of asking, but if we start missing out on key targets and dithering with signings, it will suggest nothing has changed. The proof of their intentions will ultimately be in the squad we assemble imo.

E10 Rifle
04-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Apart from the brief statement to say Leanne had arrived and Collins departed we have had nothing.
Silence from the manager on what his plan are to ensure an immediate return to the top flight.
Nothing.

This is great. There's a lot wrong with the club at the minute but silence surely can't be one of them.

Monday - LD arrives
Tuesday - Hibs 'snub' fans
Wednesday - Collins leaves

I make that at least one back page story per day so far this week - not bad for any organisations Comms team.

HibeeMassive
04-06-2014, 02:47 PM

I think to be fair to the club, if they announce anything about ST's at the moment then they are doomed if they do and doomed if they don't.

To my mind, the ST clarification will come after the other positive (we live in hope!) announcements so that we can see what direction the club are going in. Some - not much though - of the negativity will hopefully have lifted on the back of these announcements which would then mean any announcement for backing the team next season would be a bit easier to take than they would at the moment!

Beefster
04-06-2014, 02:48 PM
Anything the club says right now is being pulled apart, twisted and used as ammunition. If I was the CEO, I'd be keeping quiet until after Saturday too.

greenpaper55
04-06-2014, 02:50 PM
Maybe they will announce that they will sign SPL players as we have SPL prices ?.

NorthNorfolkHFC
04-06-2014, 02:52 PM
Nothing.

Jesus, have some patience.

Ozyhibby
04-06-2014, 02:54 PM
Jesus, have some patience.

7 years seems like a lot of patience.

Ozyhibby
04-06-2014, 02:57 PM
As I suggested in my post, would them saying that make a huge amount of difference? Id rather see actions from the club rather than yet another statement. Its easy for them to say they will be trying to get us back up first time of asking, but if we start missing out on key targets and dithering with signings, it will suggest nothing has changed. The proof of their intentions will ultimately be in the squad we assemble imo.

Are you suggesting we don't set targets in case we miss them?
Maybe we should have another top secret 5 year plan, where no one knows the objectives and so no one could ever say it failed.

AlbertK86
04-06-2014, 02:59 PM

Don't get me wrong totally agree regarding dithering over signings and actions louder than words

Just felt some sort of rallying call would give hppe

PeterboroHibee
04-06-2014, 03:06 PM
Are you suggesting we don't set targets in case we miss them?
Maybe we should have another top secret 5 year plan, where no one knows the objectives and so no one could ever say it failed.

If you read my initial post Im actually suggesting the exact opposite of that. As I said, if they are going to break down their plans for us to see then brilliant, Id love to hear what they have to say. My point is if its another vague statement saying they are going to do all the can to get us up and have a plan in place, but without disclosing any detail, then whats the point? Weve heard it all before (eg the '5 year plan'), and hence Id rather see actions than words.

NorthNorfolkHFC
04-06-2014, 03:09 PM
7 years seems like a lot of patience.

I just mean this week. Everyone is raging and the constant desire to have us spoken to is embarrassing.

I'm desperate to find out what their battle plan is but there is almost a thread a day demanding some sore of statement.

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"

yekimevol
04-06-2014, 03:09 PM
Nothing.

Surely this is due to the fact that Dempster only started on Monday and she is in charge of every part of the club now, she needs to figure out the mess were in and how best to get us out of it.

Keith_M
04-06-2014, 03:24 PM
Dempster could have come out with some patronising, Petrie-esque statement by now about 'all being in this together', 'commited to the cause' or some such claptrap.

I for one am happy that she's resisted the temptation and is (presumably) doing her job in the background until she has something worthwhile to say.

Anyone worried about the price of Season Tickets could surely wait another couple of weeks before making any decision. Maybe that way, we'll have a better idea of what's happening.

garlic
04-06-2014, 03:39 PM
Dempster could have come out with some patronising, Petrie-esque statement by now about 'all being in this together', 'commited to the cause' or some such claptrap.

I for one am happy that she's resisted the temptation and is (presumably) doing her job in the background until she has something worthwhile to say.

Anyone worried about the price of Season Tickets could surely wait another couple of weeks before making any decision. Maybe that way, we'll have a better idea of what's happening.

Did you miss this?
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140602/new-chief-executive-starts-work_2262950_3875469

patch1875
04-06-2014, 03:42 PM
We need some announcement on Butcher if he's staying or going, if he's staying we need some explanation on why.

Ozyhibby
04-06-2014, 04:17 PM

I don't want some bland Petrie-esque statement either.
I want a clear plan laid out for the fans that they can get behind. One with visible and measurable targets. I want to know whether we are going to have a premiership budget to match the premiership prices we are being asked to pay.
I want confirmation we are going to have a higher budget than Hearts.
I want Terry Butcher to try and convince people he is capable of spending that money wisely.
I'm sorry if this sounds impatient but the club are asking for money now.

emerald green
04-06-2014, 05:16 PM
Am I alone in thinking that the silence from STF is a bit strange following the relegation of the club, of which he is the owner?

Or is that completely off the wall?