PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Collins Exits Hibernian

RSS Bot
04-06-2014, 09:00 AM
Striker joins Shrewsbury Town

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140604/collins-exits-hibernian_2262950_3880621)

Peevemor
04-06-2014, 09:00 AM
Well there you go.

All the best James.

Aldo
04-06-2014, 09:03 AM
All the best James!!

Wonder if we go a nominal fee???

scuttle
04-06-2014, 09:03 AM
Hope we got a fee for him. anyway could not fault his effort. good luck to him onwards and upwards

Rattler
04-06-2014, 09:05 AM
Don't know if we get a fee or not......says that they have reached an agreement with Hibs to take Collins for the next 2 years?!

http://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/article/4jan14-james-collins-returns-1601609.aspx

Scottie
04-06-2014, 09:06 AM
Good luck JC remembered for no been able to hit a coo's erse wi a banjo

Probably score 30 next season :rolleyes:

timewilltell
04-06-2014, 09:07 AM
Good luck James.

if only others had put in the same effort.

DarrenSQH
04-06-2014, 09:08 AM
I wonder if his miss against hearts will ever be bettered.

Spike Mandela
04-06-2014, 09:11 AM
Thanks at least for the great goal at New Year James.

It will be interesting to see if he gets over his nightmare at Hibs and how his career develops. The lad is only 23.

Unseen work
04-06-2014, 09:11 AM
"Mutually beneficial deal "

Hope we received money

Aldo
04-06-2014, 09:12 AM
"Mutually beneficial deal " Hope we received money

So do I. Put that along with a wages packet to try and tempt Kris Boyd to ER.

#FromTheCapital
04-06-2014, 09:13 AM
He will be 'missed'.

Seriously though, all the best James.

MyJo
04-06-2014, 09:15 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/ace_ventura.gif

EH54
04-06-2014, 09:17 AM
All the best always looked like he gave 100% no his fault he was pish

Golden Bear
04-06-2014, 09:26 AM
Under better Management and with better players round about him I still think he could have been an asset.

As it was he wasn't, but there again there's not many (if any) strikers who could chase down an Exocet missile, cross it/head it back across goal, then be expected to be in place to meet it.

CallumLaidlaw
04-06-2014, 09:30 AM
I find it a little strange that its Dempster that comments on Collins' departure, and not Butcher.

Golden Bear
04-06-2014, 09:35 AM
I find it a little strange that its Dempster that comments on Collins' departure, and not Butcher.

Strange but hopefully that's a good sign.

Or maybe TB is on holiday.

stokesmessiah
04-06-2014, 09:37 AM
Whilst i agree that it is very necessary for a lot of the players to be heading for the exits, i would really like to hear about someone at the entrance?

Sas_The_Hibby
04-06-2014, 09:38 AM

Is Butcher not currently busy fending off piranha fish in the Amazonian rainforest? :greengrin

Golden Bear
04-06-2014, 09:38 AM
Whilst i agree that it is very necessary for a lot of the players to be heading for the exits, i would really like to hear about someone at the entrance?

Sorry, shut at present for essential maintenance work.

:wink:

Speedway
04-06-2014, 09:40 AM
Don't know if we get a fee or not......says that they have reached an agreement with Hibs to take Collins for the next 2 years?!

http://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/article/4jan14-james-collins-returns-1601609.aspx

They take over his contract and they don't pay according to the snotsman: 'Hibs have decided to cut their losses on Collins and will not receive a fee for his services.'

"Mutually beneficial deal "

Hope we received money

Nope, mutual benefit is they get a striker and we get him off the wage bill.

Lee Marvin
04-06-2014, 09:42 AM
Indifferent about this news. I think there is a player in there. Hope I'm wrong though.

Good luck James

Unseen work
04-06-2014, 09:43 AM
End of the day we can speak about what he done at Swindon and what he possibly will do at Shrewsbury. But all that matters is what he done whilst he was here, and that was not score enough goals. I was desperate for him to come good but it just never happened. I have faith in terry having replacements liked up.

This also shows to me that terry will still be here as they wouldn't get rid of Collins when a new manager is just away to come in IMO

Speedway
04-06-2014, 09:44 AM
'Collo' is their top target of the summer apparently:

MB62
04-06-2014, 09:44 AM

I believe T.B. is over in Samba land and probably going to do a bit of commentary also.

Was told that a good few weeks ago, during one of his rants at the players after a game, that he told Collins he was the was the WORST striker he had ever seen in his professional life. Apparently Haynes tried to defend Collins and he was told in no uncertain terms what Butcher thought about his ability too.

Sas_The_Hibby
04-06-2014, 09:47 AM
End of the day we can speak about what he done at Swindon and what he possibly will do at Shrewsbury. But all that matters is what he done whilst he was here, and that was not score enough goals. I was desperate for him to come good but it just never happened. I have faith in terry having replacements liked up.

This also shows to me that terry will still be here as they wouldn't get rid of Collins when a new manager is just away to come in IMO

Is this a mild version of being 'loved up'? :wink:

IWasThere2016
04-06-2014, 09:48 AM

Arabs or Sheep I hear..

Under better Management and with better players round about him I still think he could have been an asset.

Me too. Good luck to him.

Callum_62
04-06-2014, 09:50 AM

Strange no comment from him, or that his name isnt mentioned in the text

"Collins' departure is part of the rebuild and refocusing of the squad as the club prepares for the challenges ahead in the Scottish Championship"

Part of Terrys rebuild and refocus??

hibbymick
04-06-2014, 09:52 AM
I believe T.B. is over in Samba land and probably going to do a bit of commentary also.

Was told that a good few weeks ago, during one of his rants at the players after a game, that he told Collins he was the was the WORST striker he had ever seen in his professional life. Apparently Haynes tried to defend Collins and he was told in no uncertain terms what Butcher thought about his ability too.

So Butcher tells Haynes what he thinks about his ability yet hes the one who brought him to the club :confused:

Aldo
04-06-2014, 09:53 AM
Arabs or Sheep I hear.. Me too. Good luck to him.

Yip that's what's being banded about the media.

If not the sheep or Utd it'll be back to der Hun.

I think Boyd would score barrel loads in the championship shame it won't be for us!!

Speedway
04-06-2014, 09:56 AM

Was told that a good few weeks ago, during one of his rants at the players after a game, that he told Collins he was the was the WORST striker he had ever seen in his professional life. Apparently Haynes tried to defend Collins by asking how on earth could Collins be the worst striker Butcher had ever seen when he (Haynes) was in the same team.

Fixed that for you.

weonlywon6-2
04-06-2014, 09:57 AM

Now that kenny miller has gone west this is a possibility,problem is hearts will be after him as well i would imagine

Aldo
04-06-2014, 09:59 AM
Now that kenny miller has gone west this is a possibility,problem is hearts will be after him as well i would imagine

Your prob right but they are still in admin. We will just have to hope that TB has a couple of strikers lined up. I would defo take Boyd!!

Speedway
04-06-2014, 10:01 AM
Your prob right but they are still in admin. We will just have to hope that TB has a couple of strikers lined up. I would defo take Boyd!!

If the sheep or the arabs are in for you, you don't choose Hibs.

Boyd is never coming to Hibs.

we are hibs
04-06-2014, 10:03 AM
He's up there with Nish. In terms of misses but didn't lack effort.

AlbertK86
04-06-2014, 10:03 AM
Good luck James

Always tried his heart out and if the team played a better style I think he might have come good.

Anyway another wage freed up so hopefully a natural goal scorer lined up.

Aldo
04-06-2014, 10:04 AM
If the sheep or the arabs are in for you, you don't choose Hibs. Boyd is never coming to Hibs.

Cannot disagree with you speeders. Wishful thinking on my behalf

Lago
Is Butcher not currently busy fending off piranha fish in the Amazonian rainforest? :greengrin

More likely the Hibs fans that want him sacked:greengrin

The Green Goblin
Probably the best thing for both parties.

Smartie
04-06-2014, 10:06 AM
I really, really wanted it to work out for him here. He grafted and never hid when many around him were doing so, so I'll always have respect for him.

That said, I just didn't see any evidence that he was a good player. Admittedly his service was probably as poor as any Hibs striker in history has ever had but I just didn't see it coming good for him. He said he wasn't a target man, but what was he? Nippy striker on the shoulder of defenders? Mercurial creative force? Deadly finisher? None of the above for me. Might have looked better with a strike partner, and certainly our best spell of form for the season came when he was up top with Cummingsfor that spell before Christmas.

Hope we've got some kind of deal based on appearances/ goals etc. I'm pleased we have freed up what will have been another of our larger wages and this would be further insurance against the kick in the stones that would be him going on to be a massive success elsewhere. Can't see it though.

Amit
04-06-2014, 10:12 AM
Whilst I take everything he says with a pinch of salt, Agent Scotland on Twitter saying that Shrewsbury have taken over the remainder of his contract but we are due 25% of any future fee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Amit
04-06-2014, 10:14 AM
Apparently we paid £110k. £50k up front and 4 installments of £15k.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jones28
04-06-2014, 10:18 AM
Good deal for both parties.

Didn't cut it with us, so watch him score 25 goals next season.

jacomo
04-06-2014, 10:18 AM

Sounds to me like Shrewsbury agreed to take on the remainder of his contract. Not sure we'll get any fee.

Edit: just seen info from Agent Scotland above.

PS: if only we'd signed K Miller yesterday eh?

JimBHibees
04-06-2014, 10:26 AM

Thats brilliant, sounds like we have Mike Bassett in charge. :faf:

Peevemor
04-06-2014, 10:29 AM

James joins Ashley Vincent, Nathaniel Knight-Percival, Mark Ellis and Mickey Demetriou as manager Micky Mellon continues to build his new-looks Town squad.

I've no idea if he's any good, but he sounds like he's Hibs' class. :agree:

S4uzee
04-06-2014, 10:32 AM

And yet he started him in the biggest game of the season when he had barely played in the weeks leading up to it

allezsauzee
04-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Think he'll be a good signing for Shrewsbury providing they give him some supply from wingers. He's already proven himself capable a division above the level he'll be playing next season.

SlickShoes
04-06-2014, 10:37 AM
And yet he started him in the biggest game of the season when he had barely played in the weeks leading up to it

The other option was to start Harris who had been gash for weeks and gave the ball away constantly in the previous game. There was no good selection at that point.

Paloschi
04-06-2014, 10:42 AM
Good Luck James Collins.

Shame it did not work out for him. Plenty of effort but not good enough for Hibs at this moment in time. Service was terrible but he still missed guilt edged chances and 6 goals in 40 games is a poor return.

Unlike Vine and Heffernan he put a shift in, will always have my respect for that.

04-06-2014, 10:49 AM
Good Luck James Collins.

Shame it did not work out for him. Plenty of effort but not good enough for Hibs at this moment in time. Service was terrible but he still missed guilt edged chances and 6 goals in 40 games is a poor return.

Unlike Vine and Heffernan he put a shift in, will always have my respect for that.

Agreed.

Cropley10
04-06-2014, 10:58 AM

I honestly thought James Collins was someone featuring in a Channel 4 Faking It documentary.

People love to talk about his 'effort' - but it was almost always wasted effort. He just did a fast job round the pitch.

Things he couldn't do - which have nothing to do with service either; hold the ball up, head the ball, tackle, or lay it off.

I somehow doubt Butcher thought this as he gave him 90 mins of plenty of matches, and used him as a sub.

A very, very poor player - who I'm very glad has left the building.

Good luck James Collins.

Sir David Gray
04-06-2014, 10:58 AM
All the best to him but it's best for all concerned.

He just wasn't good enough.

NadeAteMyLunch!
04-06-2014, 10:59 AM
Not too sure how I feel about this tbh. Probably best all round. Still believe he would have come good, however I've very little to back that up with.

Unlike others, his attitude was always spot on. Good luck James. No doubt he'll end up scoring 20+ next season now

easty
04-06-2014, 11:07 AM
Not too sure how I feel about this tbh. Probably best all round. Still believe he would have come good, however I've very little to back that up with.

Unlike others, his attitude was always spot on. Good luck James. No doubt he'll end up scoring 20+ next season now

These are my thoughts too. I wouldn't say I'll miss him at Hibs, but I think he could have done well.

truehibernian
04-06-2014, 11:14 AM

Haynes.....ability......same sentence ?? There's a contradiction in there somewhere !!

Cropley10
04-06-2014, 11:21 AM
Haynes.....ability......same sentence ?? There's a contradiction in there somewhere !!

What are your thoughts on Collins and him leaving TH?

carnoustiehibee
04-06-2014, 11:23 AM
The other option was to start Harris who had been gash for weeks and gave the ball away constantly in the previous game. There was no good selection at that point.

Or cairney Thomson Forster OTJ.. And when Haynes does get injured he puts Harris on which as you were saying has been mince for a while.

Another baffling decision from butcher though

davhibby
04-06-2014, 11:43 AM
Shrewsbury fans seem to be over the moon about this

Bleeds green
04-06-2014, 11:47 AM
So did he cost us £200k?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BSEJVT
04-06-2014, 12:01 PM
Praise the lord, a fat useless lump of lard with less ability than a boil on my backside.

He had the pace, build and gracefulness of an elephant and as for trying, give me peace, he was so unfit he would have looked like he was busting a gut with effort reaching for the remote or another bag of crisps.

Now for McGivern, Nelson, OTJ & Heffernan, Handling & Caldwell

Butcher is responsible for taking us down but have you ever seen a more motley crew of pish signings than that assembled by Fenlon

I would much rather give our youth players a chance ( if we have any left) than persist with any of the above who have tried and failed. BTW I recognise that Handling & Caldwell are young but they have been around long enough to make the breakthrough if they were going to.

For far too long we have carried deadwood in the squad and even under 20's because no-one was brave enough to boot them out. Maybe the necessity to cut costs followed by our relegation will finally drive out the failing footballers we have retained in the past "just in case".

Fenlon has gone with hopefully Butcher and his dream team to follow pronto.

If we can force RP out it will be a clean sweep and we can start the long task if rebuilding our club and team

SteveHFC
04-06-2014, 12:07 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/ace_ventura.gif

http://i.imgflip.com/fdg6.gif

Heisenberg
04-06-2014, 12:09 PM
Utterly terrible signing. Guy couldn't finish, couldn't jump, had no pace and ran about like a headless chicken. Good riddance.

EdinMike
04-06-2014, 12:11 PM
Thank Christ.

That's all.

lucky
04-06-2014, 12:17 PM
More money wasted by Hibs. We pay a fee then give him away

3pm
04-06-2014, 12:19 PM
He was a bit unlucky IMO.

No service / crosses into the box. Deep crosses fae full back that Michael Jordan would never have caught in his prime.

Sure, folk will remember the fresh air attempt v the filth but there were signs from the poachers goals in the New Year game and the last minute equaliser v Partick that he might have scored a few more with the right service.

Not that it matters now.

Pretty Boy
04-06-2014, 12:21 PM
Guy tried his best.

We didn't play to his strenths and umtilmately he wasn't good enough.

I wish him well but I'm glad he's left us.

cleanyman
04-06-2014, 12:24 PM
Praise the lord, a fat useless lump of lard with less ability than a boil on my backside.

He had the pace, build and gracefulness of an elephant and as for trying, give me peace, he was so unfit he would have looked like he was busting a gut with effort reaching for the remote or another bag of crisps.

Now for McGivern, Nelson, OTJ & Heffernan, Handling & Caldwell

Butcher is responsible for taking us down but have you ever seen a more motley crew of pish signings than that assembled by Fenlon

I would much rather give our youth players a chance ( if we have any left) than persist with any of the above who have tried and failed. BTW I recognise that Handling & Caldwell are young but they have been around long enough to make the breakthrough if they were going to.

For far too long we have carried deadwood in the squad and even under 20's because no-one was brave enough to boot them out. Maybe the necessity to cut costs followed by our relegation will finally drive out the failing footballers we have retained in the past "just in case".

Fenlon has gone with hopefully Butcher and his dream team to follow pronto.

If we can force RP out it will be a clean sweep and we can start the long task if rebuilding our club and team
:faf:

theonlywayisup
04-06-2014, 12:26 PM
The punters in the stands can relax a bit, not worrying about being struck by a Collins screamer.

ALF TUPPER
04-06-2014, 12:33 PM
Bye James. All the best :bye:

Hibiza
04-06-2014, 12:34 PM
All the best James, thanks for ... eh.. mmm. All the best anyway.

Gerard
04-06-2014, 12:40 PM
Good Luck to you.

Lmc2105
04-06-2014, 12:44 PM
Guy gave his all, not going to slate him needs to be move on to get his career back on track.

Good Luck to him but as Dempster says we move on..

iwasthere1972
04-06-2014, 12:47 PM
I wish him well for the future and i fully expect him to be knocking the goals in next season. He'll no doubt be mentioned in all our match threads saying that's Collins scored again for Shrewsbury.

Ran around a lot but should have done and scored a lot more than he did. He was slow, fell over half the time and spent too much time telling the officials that he was fouled rather than get on with the game.

Waste of money and glad he's not going to be taken up a place in the team or the bench when we play in the Championship.

JJP
04-06-2014, 12:49 PM
Not going to slag the guy off, he's gone now. But I took this as good news when I read it.

cabbageandribs1875
04-06-2014, 12:51 PM

have to admire TB's honesty :greengrin but anyway, the guy tried at least, so good luck to him

AlbertK86
04-06-2014, 12:55 PM
Ok we'll done Leeann

Now in this order let's be rid of

Nelson
OTJ
Caldwell
Craig
McGivern
Hanlon
Stevenson
Heffernan

Onion
04-06-2014, 12:57 PM
Heart was in the right place but that was it. Very very poor player who replaced one of the best strikers we've had at Hibs in years. Glad he's gone and we can all move on.

Just Butcher and Petrie to go.

Aldo
04-06-2014, 01:00 PM
Ok we'll done Leeann Now in this order let's be rid of Nelson OTJ Caldwell Craig McGivern Hanlon Stevenson Heffernan

Hanlon..... Mmmmmm

Think he'll be here next season and rightly so IMHO.

I think it showed just how much we missed him when he was out.

Nando™
04-06-2014, 01:07 PM
Glad he's away but wish him the best as he always tried his best. It's not his fault he wasn't good enough for Hibs.

Turkish Green
04-06-2014, 01:14 PM
It does appear that TB's management skills go back to the bullock cart. Different players need different handling. TB's method is just stick without then carrot.

One thing is for sure, my son who is a promising winger, would have just shut down if spoken to in the way that Collins was.

From what I saw of Collins I always thought he was a trier but a square peg in a round hole who did not fit into TB's style of play. Mind you, his air shot at Tynecastle was probably the nail in his coffin - if that had gone in then Hibs would probably have avoided the play-off.

MrRobot
04-06-2014, 01:16 PM
Never played to his strengths IMO. Best for himself that he moves in though. Fully expect him to get 15+ next season.

All the best James.

Onion
04-06-2014, 01:21 PM
Hanlon..... Mmmmmm

Think he'll be here next season and rightly so IMHO.

I think it showed just how much we missed him when he was out.

Hibs will need a strategy for the Championship and a different one for the Prem. Hanlon should do ok next season, but after that if we aspire to be a top 4 club then it will take better quality than the likes of Hanlon and Stephenson.

greenpaper55
04-06-2014, 01:24 PM
So we are told on another thread that TB is away yet someone is making football decisions so who is it ?, is TB still there and keeping a low profile, i notice the parting words were not from the manager but from LD !.

GlasgowHibee
04-06-2014, 01:25 PM
He'll go down there and score absolute bundles, always happens when a player leaves us. :agree:

EdinMike
04-06-2014, 01:33 PM
Butcher out

Dempster in

Ronniekirk
04-06-2014, 01:57 PM
Yip that's what's being banded about the media.

If not the sheep or Utd it'll be back to der Hun.

I think Boyd would score barrel loads in the championship shame it won't be for us!!

well let's hope we are not facing a Boyd /Miller partnership when we play Sevco

Think Collins will score for them but in our set up he just like so many others lost all confidence It wasn't working out and the personal abuse he got will mean he will have no regrets ,it's a fresh start for him and us .

Who is your next a Target Aldo as we probably need two strikers in

erin go bragh
04-06-2014, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the goal against the mutants James . Good luck with the rest of your career . By christ your going to need plenty of it .

Ggtth

Aldo
04-06-2014, 02:05 PM
well let's hope we are not facing a Boyd /Miller partnership when we play Sevco Think Collins will score for them but in our set up he just like so many others lost all confidence It wasn't working out and the personal abuse he got will mean he will have no regrets ,it's a fresh start for him and us . Who is your next a Target Aldo as we probably need two strikers in

Few were mention on here a few weeks ago.... Boy sow from palace or Hemmings from the blue Brazil. We need a creator as well so I'll say McFadden to play in behind the strikers only if he's fit. He might not fit into the Butcher ethos but we will see.

Will be getting a bit concerned if we don't sign anyone before the weekend is over. Might see one to try and pacify the demo on Saturday??

Humo
04-06-2014, 02:27 PM
What a waste of money. We paid Swindon £110k for Collins - £50k up front & 4 installments of £15k and all we got in selling him is a 25% sell on clause

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-06-2014, 02:34 PM
Did he leave for free?

Baader
04-06-2014, 02:49 PM
He'll go down there and score absolute bundles, always happens when a player leaves us. :agree:

Only because he'll be playing in League 2. Seen enough of it to know that standard is well behind the league Collins was in last season, poor as that is too.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-06-2014, 02:49 PM
All the best Collins.

ekhibee
04-06-2014, 02:58 PM
Did he leave for free?

According to Shrewsbury message board £125k. BBC quotes Dempster as saying 'we've reached a mutually beneficial deal', but no figure given.

R11Loaded
04-06-2014, 03:18 PM
Only because he'll be playing in League 2. Seen enough of it to know that standard is well behind the league Collins was in last season, poor as that is too.

Considering Rochdale fans scolding me for saying Matt done was shambolic. I obviously hadn't seen him in recent years to judge... I'll agree with you

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

R11Loaded
04-06-2014, 03:19 PM
According to Shrewsbury message board £125k. BBC quotes Dempster as saying 'we've reached a mutually beneficial deal', but no figure given.

If we made any money from this I'll be shocked

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

Sir David Gray
04-06-2014, 08:20 PM

Outstanding bit of business for Hibs to get someone to pay us to sign Collins after the season he's had with us. :top marks

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-06-2014, 08:26 PM
Outstanding bit of business for Hibs to get someone to pay us to sign Collins after the season he's had with us. :top marks

I don't think he went for 125k mate. That sum was only on their fans forum and hasn't been mentioned anywhere official.

Sir David Gray
04-06-2014, 08:30 PM
I don't think he went for 125k mate. That sum was only on their fans forum and hasn't been mentioned anywhere official.

Even if it was half that figure, I'll be impressed.

emerald green
05-06-2014, 07:55 PM
Good deal for both parties.

Didn't cut it with us, so watch him score 25 goals next season.

James Collins will score goals for Shrewsbury Town, but remember they have just been relegated to the fourth tier of English Football, just above the Conference. That's more his level IMO.

Nothing against him personally, but he wasn't a good enough player to play at SPFL level. To be fair, he wasn't helped by the manager's awful "style" of playing, and having a lot of other dross around him in one of the worst Hibs teams I've ever seen.

I'm excluding young guys like Stanton & Forster from that criticism. Harris' confidence is also clearly shot to pieces - again badly handled by Butcher - but he does have some potential.