PDA

View Full Version : Change of venue for protest

timewilltell
04-06-2014, 01:31 AM
Sounds like the protest having been denied use of Easter Rd may now move to either Leith Links or Meadowbank stadium.

Iain G
04-06-2014, 01:37 AM
Sounds like the protest having been denied use of Easter Rd may now move to either Leith Links or Meadowbank stadium.

That will work well then, just gotta hope Rod or STF are out for a constitutional in the Links at that time :rolleyes:

greenlex
04-06-2014, 02:37 AM

Be much much more of an impact if there are thousands blocking roads around the stadium.

HoboHarry
04-06-2014, 02:51 AM
So forced into a change of venue for a meeting headed by an ex-Hibee who won't let us know what the future plans are for his group and will not meet with Leann Dempster. Aye, this will end well lol........

Sit down Paul and be quiet - Leeann Dempster will have the intellect to tie you knots.......

ChooseLife
04-06-2014, 05:03 AM
Be much much more of an impact if there are thousands blocking roads around the stadium.

I agree, protesting outside the stadium as originally planned would be better for numbers considering all the media coverage it's had, if the club don't want us around the stadium that's tough, Albion Road is a public street.

DC_Hibs
04-06-2014, 06:54 AM
I won't be standing around at Leith Links or Meadowbank. They'd better think carefully as will have an impact on numbers attending. This gathering is to coincide with the meeting taking place and to get the message across that fans are not happy. Easter Road is the place for this.

If there are background noises about issues with police, health and safety etc then why does the "protest" group not hold it at a soft play area with cucumber sandwiches and fizzy pop available for all.

Grow some

timewilltell
04-06-2014, 06:58 AM

Paul Kane, today's Scotsman:

“Having not been allowed into Easter Road, we’re now having to look at an alternative venue. But wherever it is, it is about shaping the future of the club. If we get it right now, our voice will be heard forever more. If we get it wrong, then I think the supporters will be diluted probably even worse than we are just now. I’m sure the change of venue won’t put the Hibs fans off, wherever it is to be. It will only be another five minutes away and if the numbers turn up then I’m sure it will still have the same impact.

Gustavo Fring
04-06-2014, 06:59 AM

and where did you hear that ?

timewilltell
04-06-2014, 07:07 AM
Paul Kane article this mornings Scotsman.

Hibs have cited a lack of clarity on numbers and the protestors plans, ongoing pitch and stadium maintenance work, and health and safety issues as their reasons for rejecting a request to open up the 6,000-capacity East Stand at the stadium on Saturday morning. The “Petrie Out” group were last night investigating taking their get-together to either Meadowbank Stadium or Leith Links, with an announcement due as soon as possible.

bighairyfaeleith
and where did you hear that ?

Lol

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

patch1875
RP and STF won't be there anyway so does it matter?

Onion
04-06-2014, 07:09 AM
I won't be standing around at Leith Links or Meadowbank. They'd better think carefully as will have an impact on numbers attending. This gathering is to coincide with the meeting taking place and to get the message across that fans are not happy. Easter Road is the place for this.

If there are background noises about issues with police, health and safety etc then why does the "protest" group not hold it at a soft play area with cucumber sandwiches and fizzy pop available for all.

Grow some

Thought the purpose of the protest was act as a backdrop to the meeting with LD - which made sense. The 4 would have a show of strength outside which is much more difficult for LD to dismiss or ignore ? Also thought it was an opportunity for LD to address the Hibs fans personally (if there was a pa system).

Having it anywhere other than ER is daft.

southsider
04-06-2014, 07:16 AM
Aye..... we shall not be moved. Hey there might be a song in there somewhere. Not by the stewards, the cops or Rod Petrie....we shall not be moved.

Waxy
04-06-2014, 07:16 AM
Postpone it tell next weekend and we can make it part of the Leith festival. Proper family fun.

DH1875
04-06-2014, 07:28 AM
RP and STF won't be there anyway so does it matter?

I think it does and would have to agree with others that it would be daft having it anywhere else.

lucky
04-06-2014, 07:44 AM
Clearly it would be a mistake to have anywhere other than outside the ground. If club won't allow use of car park then there can be no protest. It appears the organisers are not used to be ing involved in theses events. They should have applied to the council to have a march and rally from the west end of Waterloo place down Easter road and held a rally outside the ground in the streets, that way the police and residents would have prior notice and got the street closed off. Moving it will reduce the numbers

NOLA
04-06-2014, 07:53 AM
didnt realise outside the main stand in the car park is classed as inside ER?

Brightside
04-06-2014, 07:54 AM
M I C K E Y. mouse

southsider
04-06-2014, 08:00 AM
Did not really have time to do this. We just turn up in such large numbers, make a lot of noise but protest peacefully then there is nothing the cops can do. United we stand.

Ozyhibby
04-06-2014, 08:20 AM
If it has to be moved then it will fail. It has to be at the stadium.
Asking for permission is what is wrong with this club, we're too polite. Get down to Easter Road.
And Paul Kane & co better start to lift their game and start articulating their plans or this will be still born over the summer.

lord bunberry
04-06-2014, 08:21 AM
I will be going to er on Saturday morning, anywhere else would be pointless. Albion road is a public street and they can't stop us protesting there.

#2 Double Tap
04-06-2014, 08:22 AM
its gotta be at easter road! can't be anywhere else.

Nakedmanoncrack
04-06-2014, 08:43 AM
has to be Easter Road, nobody bar a handful will turn up at any other location. reading some of the comments over last few days it's clear some people want this to fall flat, this would ensure it.

Deansy
04-06-2014, 08:48 AM
So forced into a change of venue for a meeting headed by an ex-Hibee who won't let us know what the future plans are for his group and will not meet with Leann Dempster. Aye, this will end well lol........

Sit down Paul and be quiet - Leeann Dempster will have the intellect to tie you knots.......

'headed by an ex-Hibee' - Far better an 'ex' as against someone not interested in football as a player or a supporter.

'won't let us know what the future plans are' - We don't even know the details of the infamous '5 year plan', let alone the 'Massive Changes' currently promised.

'will not meet with Leann Dempster' - Didn't say say that, plus it's not just Kane, there's 3 others who can do that.

Keith_M
04-06-2014, 08:55 AM
I will be going to er on Saturday morning, anywhere else would be pointless. Albion road is a public street and they can't stop us protesting there.

Actually, they can. Depending on how awkward their mood, there are actually a number of laws they could use, e.g. blocking a public thoroughfare, anti-terrorism act (I know, but they've done it before ;) )

bobbyhibs1983
04-06-2014, 08:57 AM
I iniatially(sp) thought the idea of a protest of soem sorts was a good idea but it seems to be getting turned into a mistake imo.Now as far as i understand the fans wanted to protest against rp and get him out, make us, the fans feelings known,
Now forgive me for being a lil niave/stupid but would RP /other board members NOT be anywhere near east road on saturday?

IMO i know this may be an unpopular view but the thing i have said on a few threads is the only thing i feel rp is intrested in is money.Now if x amount of st's are bought then he s happy(i dunno what x(a good number of st's in rp's mind/the boards mind)is) but if we, the fans continue to buy st's then i feel protests/chants/we want you out would be a waste of time.

lord bunberry
04-06-2014, 09:01 AM
Actually, they can. Depending on how awkward their mood, there are actually a number of laws they could use, e.g. blocking a public thoroughfare, anti-terrorism act (I know, but they've done it before ;) )

It's highly unlikely they would stop us. As long as the people organising it have permission from the police then it shouldn't be a problem.

greenpaper55
04-06-2014, 09:25 AM
My worry is that only a few hundred turn up due to the venue change and it will turn out to be a damp squib which will make RP's day, maybe it would be better to have another meeting with the different fans groups and agree a venue that is realistic as it seems a bit late to announce a different venue with only a couple of days to go. This needs to be thought through carefully as it has all the hallmarks of being made up on the back of a fag packet.

Nando™
04-06-2014, 09:29 AM
They can't move us, we will go to the stadium and that's just the way it's going to be. If they don't like it then boo bloody hoo.

SlickShoes
04-06-2014, 09:31 AM
How can this take place anywhere other than outside the stadium?

greenpaper55
04-06-2014, 09:34 AM
Just a wee thought, why not do this properly and hire a hall and let the fans group have their say, this would look much better than a rammy where no one can be heard and a general melee with no agenda. We could invite LD along to put her side of the story ?, maybe Rod would come along to answer some questions but i wouldnae hold my breath on that one !.

Greenworld
04-06-2014, 09:43 AM
Thought the purpose of the protest was act as a backdrop to the meeting with LD - which made sense. The 4 would have a show of strength outside which is much more difficult for LD to dismiss or ignore ? Also thought it was an opportunity for LD to address the Hibs fans personally (if there was a pa system).

Correct

oconnors_strip
04-06-2014, 09:50 AM

The car park belongs to norton park, the old school building beside the stadium. There is enough public space even outside that to hold it safely

marinello59
04-06-2014, 09:51 AM
Just a wee thought, why not do this properly and hire a hall and let the fans group have their say, this would look much better than a rammy where no one can be heard and a general melee with no agenda. We could invite LD along to put her side of the story ?, maybe Rod would come along to answer some questions but i wouldnae hold my breath on that one !.

What story does LD have to give her side of?:confused:
I thought the whole point of the protest was to put pressure on Petrie. Yet we are getting growing numbers of posters seeing this as putting pressure on our new CEO to make some sort of address to the crowd. I just get more and more uncomfortable with this. A few days to go and there is no venue, no structure and a lack of focus on just where pressure should be applied.

SlickShoes
04-06-2014, 09:52 AM
Correct

How can these folk make and arse of telling folk to turn up outside the stadium?

All you need is people standing there saying we want petrie out, you don't need a venue for this where there will be no media and no one from hibs there.

Even if Petrie isn't there, Leanne will be and she can see the discontent for herself.

Honestly don't know how they can make a mess of this, is Paul Kane secretly working for Rod?

Hibrandenburg
04-06-2014, 10:02 AM
They can't move us, we will go to the stadium and that's just the way it's going to be. If they don't like it then boo bloody hoo.

And when Dixon politely asks that you move on?

Saorsa
04-06-2014, 10:05 AM
And when Dixon politely asks that you move on?Like they asked the last time and naebody went anywhere you mean? I'll be there and going naewhere when asked.

Hibrandenburg
04-06-2014, 10:24 AM
Like they asked the last time any naebody went anywhere you mean? I'll be there and going naewhere when asked.

Guess we should forget the face painting for the kids then.

Juice-Terry
04-06-2014, 10:26 AM
Easy: Outside the ground, or not at all.

:flag:

Weir7
04-06-2014, 10:31 AM
The car park belongs to norton park, the old school building beside the stadium. There is enough public space even outside that to hold it safely

Spot on

Speedway
04-06-2014, 10:34 AM
Wembley's free on Saturday.

silverhibee
04-06-2014, 11:23 AM

Do you have a link for this.

B.H.F.C
04-06-2014, 11:25 AM
Should remain at ER. Plenty public space round the stadium.

silverhibee
04-06-2014, 11:25 AM

:agree:

hibee_nation
04-06-2014, 11:29 AM
What i don't get is people saying it is a waste of time as RP will not be there, what difference does it make if he is there or not. There is only 2 important set of people that need to be there, the fans as many as possible and the media to cover it. Whether RP hears it with his ain lugs is of no importance in getting him out.

silverhibee
04-06-2014, 11:32 AM

I was always under the impression that the car park belonged to the council and that Hibs got to use it on match days, and the gates are never normally closed at the car park at any time.

greenpaper55
04-06-2014, 11:32 AM
What number of fans turning up would deem the protest a success, 1,000 3,000 or what?, i will be there when a venue is decided upon but what do we do when we are there, do we just turn up and stay for ten minutes and go hame again ?, are there speakers, will part two of the plan be revealed, just shouting in a car park is going to look a bit daft.

Juice-Terry
04-06-2014, 11:33 AM
What i don't get is people saying it is a waste of time as RP will not be there, what difference does it make if he is there or not. There is only 2 important set of people that need to be there, the fans as many as possible and the media to cover it. Whether RP hears it with his ain lugs is of no importance in getting him out.

Hear hear!

bighairyfaeleith
04-06-2014, 11:34 AM
I was always under the impression that the car park belonged to the council and that Hibs got to use it on match days, and the gates are never normally closed at the car park at any time.

I am sure if they think protestors are turning up without permission they will close the gates.

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

silverhibee
04-06-2014, 11:44 AM
And when Dixon politely asks that you move on?

Why would he ask that.

Jamesie
04-06-2014, 11:48 AM
Clearly it would be a mistake to have anywhere other than outside the ground. If club won't allow use of car park then there can be no protest. It appears the organisers are not used to be ing involved in theses events. They should have applied to the council to have a march and rally from the west end of Waterloo place down Easter road and held a rally outside the ground in the streets, that way the police and residents would have prior notice and got the street closed off. Moving it will reduce the numbers

That would have required 28 days notice and could well have been objected to by residents though.

Keith_M
Just to clarify on the Car Park:

Roughly 2/3 of the Car Park belongs to Norton Park. Only a small strip within a few meters of the back of the West Stand belongs to Hibs. The gates are normally open, meaning people can come and go as they please. However, there is nothing to stop Norton Park and Hibs making a joint decision to just close the gates and restrict access, as it's private property.

If they do, I see no problem holding the protest in Albion Road, at the Car Park Entrance. As pointed out previously, the Police could, if they so wish, tell you to move along as you're blocking a public thoroughfare. The way to deal with this is each person asked just says 'yes officer' in a respectful manner and moves a few metres. If they ask you again later, just repeat and head back in the direction to where you first came from. You are fully complying with the law and there can be no problem (unless you get mouthy).

I know of what I speak, as I've got experience in this cr*p :wink:

silverhibee
Guess we should forget the face painting for the kids then.

Never new there was face painting taking place, may take the grandkids along.

Scotty-1875
04-06-2014, 11:50 AM
Easy: Outside the ground, or not at all.

:flag:

:agree:

Ronniekirk
04-06-2014, 11:56 AM
If I am driving all the way through from Paisley and giving up most of my Saturday I want to be assured the thing is properly organised and at the right venue to maximise impact .Already it's clear from most posters the preferred venue is eater road The quicker this is sorted the better
If it's not Easter Road is Lee Ann Dempster even going to be there as she is meeting with Leith Links and other groups at Easter Rd and don't see her agreeing to change the venue for that meeting .
Therefore if we are.
Protesting at Medowbank or other venue with no key person there to make our feelings known to then what is the purpose . If change of venue has to happen then we need to hear more detail of what the four are proposing happens next or people will feel it's a waste of time preaching to the converted so to speak Will the Media interest still be the same if we change venue for eg . It's beginning to sound like this hadn't been thought through .

flash
04-06-2014, 12:00 PM
If I am driving all the way through from Paisley and giving up most of my Saturday I want to be assured the thing is properly organised and at the right venue to maximise impact .Already it's clear from most posters the preferred venue is eater road The quicker this is sorted the better
If it's not Easter Road is Lee AnnDumpster even going to be there as she is meeting with Leith Links and other groups at Easter Rd and don't see her agreeing to change the venue for that meeting .
Therefore if we are.
Protesting at Medowbank or other venue with no key person there to make our feelings known to then what is the purpose . If change of venue has to happen then we need to hear more detail of what the four are proposing happens next or people will feel it's a waste of time preaching to the converted so to speak Will the Media interest still be the same if we change venue for eg . It's beginning to sound like this hadn't been thought through .

On the same note did you think it through before making an unfunny play on our new Chief Executive's name?

Peevemor
04-06-2014, 12:02 PM
On the same note did you think it through before making an unfunny play on our new Chief Executive's name?

It could well have been the automatic text thing on his phone. I've had to rectify dumpster a few times.

silverhibee
04-06-2014, 12:14 PM
ER is the only place to protest on Saturday, if the gates are closed then the fans should just move round to the South stand where there is plenty of space.

Don't change your mind Paul, it has to be Easter Road Stadium.

ZS DOOM
04-06-2014, 12:16 PM
oh no, we won't be able to stand there because hibs told us we can't... christ, no wonder everything falls flat on it's face at this club

Ronniekirk
04-06-2014, 12:17 PM
Sorted now thanks.Although I an sure a lot of issues to sort will have been dumped on her ,but her track record is good and think she will be a good appointment .

Pretty Boy
04-06-2014, 12:50 PM
The demo will be at ER.

Details should be out shortly.

flash
04-06-2014, 12:56 PM
Sorted now thanks.Although I an sure a lot of issues to sort will have been dumped on her ,but her track record is good and think she will be a good appointment .

No worries. My apologies for not realising it was predictive text.

Peevemor
04-06-2014, 12:57 PM
No worries. My apologies for not realising it was predictive text.

Pity .net doesn't have a predictable text filter. :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
04-06-2014, 01:11 PM
Paul Kane, today's Scotsman:

“Having not been allowed into Easter Road, we’re now having to look at an alternative venue. But wherever it is, it is about shaping the future of the club. If we get it right now, our voice will be heard forever more. If we get it wrong, then I think the supporters will be diluted probably even worse than we are just now. I’m sure the change of venue won’t put the Hibs fans off, wherever it is to be. It will only be another five minutes away and if the numbers turn up then I’m sure it will still have the same impact.

Can't say I'm looking forward to being diluted......... :bitchy::greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
04-06-2014, 01:12 PM
Pity .net doesn't have a predictable text filter. :greengrin

:greengrin

silverhibee
04-06-2014, 01:48 PM
The demo will be at ER.

Details should be out shortly.

Good to hear PB.

Cheers

jdships
04-06-2014, 02:15 PM

Sounds pretty well like the truth of the matter :thumbsup::agree:

Weir7
04-06-2014, 03:35 PM
ER is the only place to protest on Saturday, if the gates are closed then the fans should just move round to the South stand where there is plenty of space.

Don't change your mind Paul, it has to be Easter Road Stadium.

Spot on

Weir7
04-06-2014, 03:38 PM

Petrie Out group aren't invited.

How intellectual is LD?