Lago
03-06-2014, 07:54 PM
May 3rd denies any interest in joining Rangers. June 3rd joins Rangers

cabbageandribs1875
03-06-2014, 07:55 PM
shockerooni :hilarious even i guessed that one right :greengrin

edinburghhibee
03-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Rangers are dead he was right when he said he wasn't signing for rangers.

marinello59
03-06-2014, 08:09 PM
He really loves Hibs though and if we had offered him more money than Sevco he would have proved it by signing for us. :greengrin

3pm
03-06-2014, 08:11 PM
Who cares?! He'd be allowed to leave for free now anyway! :hibees

Iain G
03-06-2014, 08:50 PM
Only reason he signed for Sevco was so he could play at Easter Road next season...

Bostonhibby
03-06-2014, 08:50 PM
Somebody said on another thread that football players are coin operated.

The rangers must have put most in the slot and if he fancies playing for another new team we are not looking like stopping it. Knock yourself out Kenny.

GGTTH

ekhibee
03-06-2014, 09:01 PM

His loss.

basehibby
03-06-2014, 09:19 PM

Quite possibly he was (as reported on here) keen on coming to ER but 10 days after end of season has heard nothing and has thus - 30 days after the fact - accepted open offer to rejoin der hun - ie professional footballer accepts offer to join professional football club - seems pretty reasonable to me and no good reason for a petty Miller bashing sesh.

jacomo
03-06-2014, 09:27 PM
Quite possibly he was (as reported on here) keen on coming to ER but 10 days after end of season has heard nothing and has thus - 30 days after the fact - accepted open offer to rejoin der hun - ie professional footballer accepts offer to join professional football club - seems pretty reasonable to me and no good reason for a petty Miller bashing sesh.

Is there a credible reason why we wouldn't want to sign Kenny Miller right now? Is Hibs allergic to good news?

Billychaotic182
03-06-2014, 09:46 PM
His loss.

Oh aye I'm sure he is gutted

silverhibee
03-06-2014, 09:52 PM
Nelson will have him in his back pocket 4 times next season.

Bostonhibby
03-06-2014, 10:00 PM

:greengrin Aye, on a parallel universe.

Wouldn't even see him on the pitch most of the time. Too quick and clever................

Springbank
03-06-2014, 10:01 PM

Let's hope at least one of those times coincides with a Hibs v Rangers match

Crazyhorse
03-06-2014, 11:14 PM

Agreed

JJP
03-06-2014, 11:19 PM
Was never going to come here and was always going to Rangers. Been spoke about for ages that he was going back there. Never seen him linked with us anywhere apart from this forum. Would have liked to have seen him come back and help us get promoted. Think he would also have been a tremendous role model for our young players too. Think this would probably be his last chance to come back to Easter Road though so I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Nailrod
04-06-2014, 01:08 AM
We're going into next season with a squad that has been decimated, a bunch of survivors who are bereft of any confidence, zero goalscorers, and a team that is crying out for a spine of seasoned experienced leadership.

Why on earth wouldn't we do everything possible to bring a player like Miller to ER?

California-Hibs
04-06-2014, 03:15 AM
Exactly! Would have been a golden opportunity for us to install goals into the team. He will be a regular scorer in the Championship.

Was really really hoping something might have came from this. Why Fenlon never signed him when offered I'll never know! What an idiotic decision. Just imagine the damage him and Griffiths would have done up front together!!

HoboHarry
04-06-2014, 03:43 AM
We're going into next season with a squad that has been decimated, a bunch of survivors who are bereft of any confidence, zero goalscorers, and a team that is crying out for a spine of seasoned experienced leadership.

Why on earth wouldn't we do everything possible to bring a player like Miller to ER?
How do you know we didn't?

Nailrod
04-06-2014, 04:04 AM
How do you know we didn't?Err... because he's just signed for Rangers?

HoboHarry
04-06-2014, 04:13 AM
Err... because he's just signed for Rangers?
Is that a serious answer? Are you suggesting we should have outbid Rangers regardless of the cost?

Nailrod
04-06-2014, 04:29 AM
Is that a serious answer? Are you suggesting we should have outbid Rangers regardless of the cost?Yes. I think we have to abandon the tried and failed method of 'this is what we have to spend so this is what we'll spend', and start thinking about 'this is what we need to spend so we have to find ways of raising that amount'.

We desperately need a player like Kenny Miller, and there aren't going to be too may of them available. Now we'll be able to afford two players who only cost half as much, but that really isn't the same thing.

HoboHarry
04-06-2014, 04:38 AM
Yes. I think we have to abandon the tried and failed method of 'this is what we have to spend so this is what we'll spend', and start thinking about 'this is what we need to spend so we have to find ways of raising that amount'.

We desperately need a player like Kenny Miller, and there aren't going to be too may of them available. Now we'll be able to afford two players who only cost half as much, but that really isn't the same thing.
Ah right you are... so what are these ways of raising money that you speak of? Or are we just talking about spending with gay abandon and eventually going bust like Hearts did? You need to raise your game here - this is like shooting fish in a barrel....

majorhibs
04-06-2014, 05:21 AM
Ah right you are... so what are these ways of raising money that you speak of? Or are we just talking about spending with gay abandon and eventually going bust like Hearts did? You need to raise your game here - this is like shooting fish in a barrel....

Hows about if Hibs just raised their game? The huns & hearts are in the 1st division because of rules & deductions, Hibs are there because of a useless clown of a manager appointed by a chairman with zero football knowledge, relegated from a division which IMO was as weak as its been in my memory, without ever going as close to financial difficulty as say Kilmarnock. Easy to be smug but Hibs are relegated, & still have said chairman & the worst manager I have witnessed in 40 years of following Hibs. Even Bertie Auld was better! Now, a team we are going to be facing 4 times next season & who are favourites, have signed a proven experienced hard working goalscorer who we possibly could have had a chance at, but the silence from our side is deafening. But you know better eh, its your way or bust, just like hearts. Its Hibs that should be raising games here, starting with getting ishot of a clown of a manager & starting to assemble a team, otherwise it will be a long long season with the huns & hearts being as smug as you here & hitting us with the likes of your last line there, then us mere fans worried about our weaknesses & our rivals strengthening their squads will not have to express our concerns quite so much & therefore wont be told by the upper echelons of the support such as yourself that we need to raise our games cos you feel its too easy "like shooting fish in a barrel". You & tel boy have got it all sussed, eh? Cheers for that, now I know its all going to be fine.

Nailrod
04-06-2014, 05:26 AM
Hows about if Hibs just raised their game? The huns & hearts are in the 1st division because of rules & deductions, Hibs are there because of a useless clown of a manager appointed by a chairman with zero football knowledge, relegated from a division which IMO was as weak as its been in my memory, without ever going as close to financial difficulty as say Kilmarnock. Easy to be smug but Hibs are relegated, & still have said chairman & the worst manager I have witnessed in 40 years of following Hibs. Even Bertie Auld was better! Now, a team we are going to be facing 4 times next season & who are favourites, have signed a proven experienced hard working goalscorer who we possibly could have had a chance at, but the silence from our side is deafening. But you know better eh, its your way or bust, just like hearts. Its Hibs that should be raising games here, starting with getting ishot of a clown of a manager & starting to assemble a team, otherwise it will be a long long season with the huns & hearts being as smug as you here & hitting us with the likes of your last line there, then us mere fans worried about our weaknesses & our rivals strengthening their squads will not have to express our concerns quite so much & therefore wont be told by the upper echelons of the support such as yourself that we need to raise our games cos you feel its too easy "like shooting fish in a barrel". You & tel boy have got it all sussed, eh? Cheers for that, now I know its all going to be fine.Thanks. Saved me the bother.

"This is like shooting fish in a barrel..." :rolleyes:

04-06-2014, 05:45 AM
Shocker :rolleyes:

I know a lot of people were rumouring that he wanted to come to hibs and hibs were interested etc. but tbh I never saw it happening myself.

MSK
04-06-2014, 06:36 AM
**** ..he has put the beef on .. 12697 :confused:

Gustavo Fring
04-06-2014, 06:47 AM

have you forgotten who our chairman is

rod doesnt release funds for new players until the eve of the transfer window closure and he tends to shop in the bargain bins

Cameron1875
04-06-2014, 07:08 AM
Hope he has 36 shocking games and doesn't score once.

Never liked that "Hibs fan" striker and missed so many big chances for Scotland its beyond belief. Incredibly limited player who will look like a pub player once his legs have gone.

He did tear Nesta apart one day tbf.

CRAZYHIBBY
04-06-2014, 07:19 AM
Who cares. .. never wanted to be here in the first place. .."i used to support hibs but im a Rangers boy now" he said

DH1875
04-06-2014, 07:38 AM
Maybe he was gonna sign for us but we got relegated and it ducked it all up. Newco had say £5k on the table and we were offering mnaybe £3k but he though he'd sign for us anyway cause he's a fan and would love to help us challenge at the top of the league and maybe win something. Then we get relegated. The £3k on the table becomes £1k and we're looking like a mid table championship club. Maybe he just thought sack that and took the £5k. Who can really blame him?

NatureBoy
04-06-2014, 07:51 AM
Where are Sevco finding the money to fund this sort of signing?

Hate to say it but if this is the type of player they're recruiting they will be light years ahead of us. I know Miller isn't that great but it's all relative (we're playing in the Championship) and even at 35 he will stroll that league blindfolded.

A month and a half until the season starts and we're in crisis. I've only heard us linked with one 27 year old from the conference and we need a whole new side. Also ridiculous chat like our youngsters wages have been cut in half and Stanton is free to go just madness!

Nailrod
04-06-2014, 07:56 AM
Where are Sevco finding the money to fund this sort of signing?

Hate to say it but if this is the type of player they're recruiting they will be light years ahead of us. I know Miller isn't that great but it's all relative (we're playing in the Championship) and even at 35 he will stroll that league blindfolded.

A month and a half until the season starts and we're in crisis. I've only heard us linked with one 27 year old from the conference and we need a whole new side. Also ridiculous chat like our youngsters wages have been cut in half and Stanton is free to go just madness!We have excellent infrastructure.

Thecat23
04-06-2014, 07:57 AM
Kenny had another offer from a SPL team. Also couple of clubs down south were interested. Family reasons he's went back to The Rangers as Laura his wife wanted to be as close to home as possible with their young family. After being in Canada for a while. Kenny was also wanting to stay close to home and The Rangers are 10 mins from his home.

Scottie
04-06-2014, 08:03 AM
Maybe he was gonna sign for us but we got relegated and it ducked it all up. Newco had say £5k on the table and we were offering mnaybe £3k but he though he'd sign for us anyway cause he's a fan and would love to help us challenge at the top of the league and maybe win something. Then we get relegated. The £3k on the table becomes £1k and we're looking like a mid table championship club. Maybe he just thought sack that and took the £5k. Who can really blame him?

If that is the case we'd all do the same.
We'd all walk over broken glass up the M8 to get to Castle Greyskull :cb

Kennys a great player and will score a load o goals in the diddy league

NatureBoy
04-06-2014, 08:08 AM
We have excellent infrastructure.

Ha yeah I forgot about that one good point.

I can't wait until we're scrambling about the bargain basement for last minute deals yet again! Petrie shopped at Poundland in the SPL I shudder to think where he'll look to recruit from now! We should be making a statement of intent but sadly that will never happen with this board. I genuinely believe a mid table finish jammed in between Alloa and Cowdenbeath would be spun as a successful season by our board.

Nailrod
04-06-2014, 09:35 AM
Ha yeah I forgot about that one good point.

I can't wait until we're scrambling about the bargain basement for last minute deals yet again! Petrie shopped at Poundland in the SPL I shudder to think where he'll look to recruit from now! We should be making a statement of intent but sadly that will never happen with this board. I genuinely believe a mid table finish jammed in between Alloa and Cowdenbeath would be spun as a successful season by our board.We have a hopeless leader, a dud board, and a useless manager. We've just been relegated from the weakest top tier in the history of Scottish football, with a team that wasn't good enough to beat Championship sides, after possibly the worst runs of results in the club's history. We've decimated that squad, and kept a few demoralised youngsters whose wages are being slashed. We're going to replace the departed with even cheaper players, who will be recruited and managed by the same useless manager.

To be fair to our Board, a mid-table finish jammed in between Alloa and Cowdenbeath would be a successful season.

hughio
04-06-2014, 12:08 PM
We have a hopeless leader, a dud board, and a useless manager. We've just been relegated from the weakest top tier in the history of Scottish football, with a team that wasn't good enough to beat Championship sides, after possibly the worst runs of results in the club's history. We've decimated that squad, and kept a few demoralised youngsters whose wages are being slashed. We're going to replace the departed with even cheaper players, who will be recruited and managed by the same useless manager.

To be fair to our Board, a mid-table finish jammed in between Alloa and Cowdenbeath would be a successful season.

You've hit the nail on head Nailrod....unfortunately.

We need to get together to fight our way out of this though.

BenjiOscar
04-06-2014, 12:22 PM
We have a hopeless leader, a dud board, and a useless manager. We've just been relegated from the weakest top tier in the history of Scottish football, with a team that wasn't good enough to beat Championship sides, after possibly the worst runs of results in the club's history. We've decimated that squad, and kept a few demoralised youngsters whose wages are being slashed. We're going to replace the departed with even cheaper players, who will be recruited and managed by the same useless manager.

Don't often post, however, this particular post resonates with me and is spot on in terms of detailing exactly how far we have fallen. This is our reality and it is brutal.

mcculloch1875
04-06-2014, 02:40 PM
Kenny Miller set to become the first player to play for all 3 old firm clubs.

Lago
05-06-2014, 11:19 AM
Kenny had another offer from a SPL team. Also couple of clubs down south were interested. Family reasons he's went back to The Rangers as Laura his wife wanted to be as close to home as possible with their young family. After being in Canada for a while. Kenny was also wanting to stay close to home and The Rangers are 10 mins from his home.

Yet he is quoted today as saying the moment he left Rangers he regreted it and was determined to get back.

Green Reaper
05-06-2014, 11:34 AM
Yet he is quoted today as saying the moment he left Rangers he regreted it and was determined to get back.

Probably just saying that to appease the morlocks

Thecat23
05-06-2014, 11:39 AM
Usual fan pleasing crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lago
05-06-2014, 11:40 AM
:thumbsup:
Probably just saying that to appease the morlocks

Turkish Green
05-06-2014, 11:44 AM
Over the hill and moving down a division. Unlike Boyd who can score from a sedentary position, Miller needs his pace, which obviously is starting to go as he gets older, which is why he's chosen Sevco.

Aldo
05-06-2014, 12:03 PM
Over the hill and moving down a division. Unlike Boyd who can score from a sedentary position, Miller needs his pace, which obviously is starting to go as he gets older, which is why he's chosen Sevco.

Kenny Miller would be an asset to any club in the top flight (possibly not Smellic ) but if you think he's Over the hill and past it then your way off the mark.

Positional sense and the ability to do the simple thing will see him amongst the leading goals orders in the Championship next season.

Wish he had signed for us.

ekhibee
05-06-2014, 02:00 PM
Kenny Miller would be an asset to any club in the top flight (possibly not Smellic ) but if you think he's Over the hill and past it then your way off the mark.

Positional sense and the ability to do the simple thing will see him amongst the leading goals orders in the Championship next season.

Wish he had signed for us.

I take your point Aldo, but the fact is, despite plenty of people on here seemed to believe that he would be happy to play for Hibs again, he has never said that publicly that I can see, and has yet again gone to Rangers. Wishing he had signed for us is a moot point, and if I was honest, I never really believed he would come back to Hibs in the first place. That's just my opinion though.

Aldo
05-06-2014, 02:39 PM
I take your point Aldo, but the fact is, despite plenty of people on here seemed to believe that he would be happy to play for Hibs again, he has never said that publicly that I can see, and has yet again gone to Rangers. Wishing he had signed for us is a moot point, and if I was honest, I never really believed he would come back to Hibs in the first place. That's just my opinion though.

I think deep down it's what I wanted but what you want and what you get are 2 different things. I did think there was a chance but tbh a return to der Hun was probably more on the cards than anywhere else. Being the only team who where in touch with him!!

NAE NOOKIE
05-06-2014, 05:29 PM

Have ye no heard Nailrod ... this is where we're at mate. Its the fans unrealistic expectations of top 6 finishes and maybe winning something which has brought us to this. Who the hell do we think we are?

An owner and chairman who wouldn't stump up in January to keep us in the Premiership aint gonna dig deep to get us back into it.

If we come even close to signing a player of Miller's quality before next season I'll change my user name to Rod Petrie.