PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's protesters denied access?

Peevemor
03-06-2014, 11:10 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/petrie-out-locked-out-from-easter-road-1-3431057

Hibs today snubbed an approach by the Petrie Out group to stage their protest against Rod Petrie inside Easter Road Stadium.
Paul Kane – the leader of the campaign to oust the under-fire chairman – revealed that an email had been sent to new chief executive Leeann Dempster requesting permission to be allowed into the stadium to hold their rally at 11.30am this Saturday.
The former Hibs player said: “The paramount thing is that whoever turns up feels comfortable – we want it to be controlled. We want to protest in a dignified manner, show respect to Hibs and to Leeann Dempster. We emailed Leeann yesterday to ask if the club would let us use the stadium for health and safety reasons. We want it to be a family day out and if there is a big crowd,we’d rather people were allowed in the stadium.”
However, a Hibs spokesperson told the Evening News: “We will not be allowing use of the stadium. We have not been given enough information about the rally, who is coming, how many people are coming, what will be happening etc. In addition, we have ongoing pitch and stadium maintenance work being undertaken throughout the summer which we need to get done in a very short window.
“There is also the issue of paperwork. Because it is not a match, we would need to apply for a safety certificate and insurance, so it is not something we can accommodate.”Kane has been encouraged by the response to the campaign. He said: “The reaction has been very positive and by the numbers saying they’re coming, hopefully we’ll get a good turnout.
“We’ve also had a lot of lapsed supporters who haven’t been along for a few years who are saying they’re coming along to the protest.”
Supporters who back the campaign but are unable to make Saturday’s rally have been encouraged to hand their season-tickets in to count as a vote of no confidence in Petrie.
“People who can’t make the rally are asking what they can do to aid the protest,” said Kane. “We’ve said to those people that they can hand their season ticket in to either the Four In Hand pub on Easter Road or the Hibs Supporters Association at Sunnyside and that will count as a vote against Rod Petrie.”
Kane, entitled to attend the Working Together fans’ meeting with Dempster as a member of the Hibs Former Players Association (HFPA), is pondering remaining outside in order to co-ordinate the protest. “It might be that I decide to stay out of it and lead the campaign,” he said. “Either way we (HFPA) have a representative in the meeting in the shape of Maurice Dougan.”
Kane believes Hibs fans who want Petrie out must seize this opportunity to show the depth of feeling against the chairman.
He said: “This movement could shape the future of the club for years to come. It’s a really big moment for the club. The fans have a voice and they’ve got to make a choice. The more people that turn up, the stronger our protest will be.
“If we get the numbers turning up, it will show that the fans have a strong voice, not just for the Rod Petrie scenario, but also for similar situations in the future.
“If the strength of the Hibs support is there, it will be there forever. If they don’t turn out in numbers, then obviously it dilutes our voice.
“I would say to anyone who cares about what we’re trying to do, please turn up on Saturday.”

CallumLaidlaw
03-06-2014, 11:12 AM
The reason why seem fair enough to be honest.

Brightside
03-06-2014, 11:17 AM
The reason why seem fair enough to be honest.

Exactly. and this is why Petrie really wont be bothered about any of this. I know Paul Kane etc are doing this with the right intention but it continues to look like a chimps tea party. Where is the timetable for the event? What are they to do? There is no structure behind any of it. Unless they have someone willing to take over the club Petrie will be going nowhere.

lord bunberry
03-06-2014, 11:20 AM
I think it will be better outside the stadium anyway. Having it inside would take some of the impact of it away for me.

DarlingtonHibee
03-06-2014, 11:21 AM
Four in hand will be doing grand out of this

DaveF
03-06-2014, 11:24 AM
Exactly. and this is why Petrie really wont be bothered about any of this. I know Paul Kane etc are doing this with the right intention but it continues to look like a chimps tea party. Where is the timetable for the event? What are they to do? There is no structure behind any of it. Unless they have someone willing to take over the club Petrie will be going nowhere.

And the club will continue to go nowhere as well.

Petrie will love supporters like you. Suck up the apathy, don't turn up and he's a happy man.

I have no idea what the long term future is of any protest group, but things will look a lot healthier for my club with Rod Petrie out of it. That's why i'm going.

Gus Fring
03-06-2014, 11:28 AM
Calling it a "Family day out" seems misguided. I wouldn't be taking my kids to this if the last protest is anything to go by. I want Petrie gone but this request was never going to be granted and Hibs are in the right on this one IMO.

DarlingtonHibee
03-06-2014, 11:31 AM

Petrie will love supporters like you. Suck up the apathy, don't turn up and he's a happy man.

I have no idea what the long term future is of any protest group, but things will look a lot healthier for my club with Rod Petrie out of it. That's why i'm going.

I have no idea what the long term future is of any protest group - thats ok, they don't now either :rolleyes:

Keith_M
03-06-2014, 11:31 AM
Protesters ask club to allow protest against Chairman on club premises. Chairman tells them to bolt.

I hardly think this is a surprise.

nribs
03-06-2014, 11:32 AM
Did the Petrie Out guys think they would get access to the stadium? Cant get behind this group at all.

Saorsa
03-06-2014, 11:33 AM
I think it will be better outside the stadium anyway. Having it inside would take some of the impact of it away for me.:agree: outside will dae me, I would never have anted it in there anyway

Saorsa
03-06-2014, 11:35 AM
Four in hand will be doing grand out of this:blah: aye and that's why he's doing it.

petrie stooge

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-06-2014, 11:35 AM
I fully understand Kano's stance on this but still and always have the feeling that the board treats us like small children, irritates me to no end and until this clown is fully out of ER then it's likely to stay that way, as previous posters have said it won't make one iota of a difference to him as he knows he is fully protected by STF

s.a.m
03-06-2014, 11:36 AM
Calling it a "Family day out" seems misguided. I wouldn't be taking my kids to this if the last protest is anything to go by. I want Petrie gone but this request was never going to be granted and Hibs are in the right on this one IMO.

Taking your kids to a 'family day out' which is about calling for someone to lose their job doesn't sit right with me either, whatever you think of the person. Each to their own, though.

NadeAteMyLunch!
As if the club were going to allow the stadium to be used lol

Why did Kano change the name of the '4 in hand' to the 'IV' if he's going to keep referring to it as the 4 in hand?

keep the faith
I think it will be better outside the stadium anyway. Having it inside would take some of the impact of it away for me.

Yep. Being kept out the stadium would signify the fans detachment from the board and brand of football. We are on the outside looking in.
I don't think the Petrie out thing is the answer though. He has to go as a result of the shambles of the club but heaving him won't make it all better. We need a change in terms of funding and commitment to a better football style on the park.

Brightside

You miss my point. HE WILL NOT GO ANYWHERE. Just cause a few thousand people turn up shouting Petrie Out. What is the campgain actually going to do? Its not about apathy but there is no plan behind any of this.

DaveF
I have no idea what the long term future is of any protest group - thats ok, they don't now either :rolleyes:

It's not exactly been sunshine and smiles with Petrie in situ has it? His time is well and truly up, yet I'm amazed at the apathy of some in our support given the latest and biggest embarrasment he has overseen.

Did the Petrie Out guys think they would get access to the stadium? Cant get behind this group at all.

I don't think they though for a minute they would get access but they did the right thing by sending a request. You can't get behind the group, fine. If Petrie stays put, let's hope he strikes it lucky and a good team shows up on the park. Otherwise, we could be heading further down.

DaveF
03-06-2014, 11:40 AM
You miss my point. HE WILL NOT GO ANYWHERE. Just cause a few thousand people turn up shouting Petrie Out. What is the campgain actually going to do? Its not about apathy but there is no plan behind any of this.

You know what, with an attitude like that, you are correct.

This club can function just fine without Petrie. Dempster can do it all. Petrie is hanging onto his board seat for his 10% and his SFA job. Nothing more, nothing less - There is no need for a grand plan, he just needs to go.

He goes, a LOT of the support is becalmed and maybe, just maybe we can move forward. But it appears his ego is more important than the well being of HFC.

Waxy
03-06-2014, 11:40 AM
I would rather Petrie left also but it seems there's nothing we can do to oust him.People had warned us on here that Petrie had to go before things got worse,they've got much worse and how. The damage is done.

Gus Fring
03-06-2014, 11:41 AM
Id just like to say its possible to want Petrie gone without buying in to everything the fan group is doing. I think they've gone about it the wrong way and it's not very well organised so far.

Its one badly run organisation trying to oust the leader of another badly run organisation.

DarlingtonHibee
03-06-2014, 11:43 AM
:blah: aye and that's why he's doing it.

petrie stooge

And your experience of running a multi million turnover business is ?

DaveF
03-06-2014, 11:44 AM
Id just like to say its possible to want Petrie gone without buying in to everything the fan group is doing. I think they've gone about it the wrong way and it's not very well organised so far.

Its one badly run organisation trying to oust the leader of another badly run organisation.

I agree. I'm not part of any group (apart from being an individual on this website) but I'm going just to show my support for his removal.

I'm not sure I'd call the group badly organised though. I hardly think its even got off the ground yet!

Gus Fring
03-06-2014, 11:44 AM

This club can function just fine without Petrie. Dempster can do it all. Petrie is hanging onto his board seat for his 10% and his SFA job. Nothing more, nothing less - There is no need for a grand plan, he just needs to go.

He goes, a LOT of the support is becalmed and maybe, just maybe we can move forward. But it appears his ego is more important than the well being of HFC.

Once Petrie goes then stage 2 of the fan groups plans are put into effect. We don't know what stage 2 is.

sambajustice
03-06-2014, 11:47 AM
Four in hand will be doing grand out of this

A few grand probably!

DarlingtonHibee
03-06-2014, 11:47 AM
Once Petrie goes then stage 2 of the fan groups plans are put into effect. We don't know what stage 2 is.

Stage 2 - don't believe it exists

Keith_M
03-06-2014, 11:48 AM

I agree that one single protest will not force him out but sometimes these things are cumulative, building through time.

If no one does anything, he will happily remain in place, claiming it's just a minority of fans against him

The first protest could help raise the profile of the feelings against Petrie (provided enough people turn up). That could encourage further action from the fans or for even more fans to join in. What needs to happen is for this to become a groundswell of opinion that is embarassing to Petrie, forcing him into further action.

His is a re-active type of management, e.g. sacking of managers before AGMs, hiring of Dempsey, asserting through Dempsey that she will make all the decisions. The more pressure he feels under, the more he will have to react, hopefully with the final act of leaving completely.

DaveF

I'm not fussed about stage 2 (whatever it maybe - buyout I assume) I just want stage 1 done. Do you honestly think the club will be poorer in any way for him leaving?

Hiber-nation

I never knew that you had to have experience of running a multi million turnover business before being allowed to comment on the Chairman's performance.

Does that refer to Chairpersons who are performing competently as well as Petrie?

DaveF
03-06-2014, 11:49 AM
Stage 2 - don't believe it exists

I believe Rod's stage 2 is relegation to League 1 - He's just been a bit coy with that 5 year plan - unless you know it of course :rolleyes:

DarlingtonHibee
03-06-2014, 11:51 AM
I never knew that you had to have experience of running a multi million turnover business before being allowed to comment on the Chairman's performance.

Does that refer to Chairpersons who are performing competently as well as Petrie?

Thanks for the post.

Of course you can comment on performance, but surely you need a credible alternative - can you explain what that is ?

Gus Fring
03-06-2014, 11:54 AM
I'm not fussed about stage 2 (whatever it maybe - buyout I assume) I just want stage 1 done. Do you honestly think the club will be poorer in any way for him leaving?

Without knowing what Stage 2 is I have no way of knowing. I might have been able to back this if they were being one and honest with the fans but given they are hiding stuff it feels hypocritical.

"We can't tell you what stage 2 and 3 are yet" from Kane and Co is every bit as bad as "We can't tell you what the changes at the club are" from Petrie and co.

It it is possible for things to get worse off the park. Look at Rangers and Hearts as examples.

number 27
03-06-2014, 11:54 AM

In which case if you don't like it then don't support it. These guys are not going to take over the club on the back of this protest but just possibly we can force the removal of Petrie.

On a personal level I am happy to go with Leeann Dempster over The "gang of four" if the "winds of change" are a genuine positive step forward but only if we have a guarantee that Petrie is out the picture, that is why I will be there on Saturday.

Sammy7nil
03-06-2014, 11:56 AM

I dont disagree but a campagin has to start somewhere, you have to make the initial engagement and agree the objectives and next steps. So the meeting on saturday is a good starting point so along as there is an agreed way forward.

ekhibee
03-06-2014, 12:00 PM
I agree. I'm not part of any group (apart from being an individual on this website) but I'm going just to show my support for his removal.

I'm not sure I'd call the group badly organised though. I hardly think its even got off the ground yet!

Yep, me too. And like you, I would hope there would be a good turnout. If there isn't it just shows that Petrie can go on mismanaging the club for years to come and nobody will really give a ****.

Brightside
03-06-2014, 12:01 PM

Again - its nothing to do with attitude. STF owns Hibs. Petrie has 10% i think. Petrie is there as STF trusts him. So unless the fans can buy out STF Petrie wont be leaving. We can continue to push that the new CEO is given full control of running the football side of the club. But Petrie wont go anywhere until we have a new owner. So what the "focus group" really need to be doing is trying to find an alternative owner of the football club.

s.a.m
03-06-2014, 12:02 PM
Without knowing what Stage 2 is I have no way of knowing. I might have been able to back this if they were being one and honest with the fans but given they are hiding stuff it feels hypocritical.

"We can't tell you what stage 2 and 3 are yet" from Kane and Co is every bit as bad as "We can't tell you what the changes at the club are" from Petrie and co.

It it is possible for things to get worse off the park. Look at Rangers and Hearts as examples.

The multi-stage plan we're not being allowed access to makes stage 1 look like a Trojan Horse. That probably isn't their intention, but people have a right to ask where they're being taken.

Itsnoteasy
03-06-2014, 12:09 PM

Exactly. Family day. Bouncy castle, tombola, face painting etc. Could end up looking like a farce on the telly again, just as the broadcast fi the supporters club was last week

WestEndHibee
03-06-2014, 12:11 PM

I could say the same for the ego's of these protesters, they seem to think their way is the only way and it's looking like their ego's are now more important than the club. There's absolutely nothing that attracts me to this group especially because if you question their approach the word "apathy" is trotted out to try and accuse us "uncaring" fans of being the problem. I'm all for change but this just won't work and will damage the club even further.

Saorsa
03-06-2014, 12:13 PM
And your experience of running a multi million turnover business is ?what the **** has that got tae dae with what I said? I'm no planning on running one. What was petrie's experience of running a fitba club before he came here and got this one relegated twice? As many times as it as been in Its entire history before him. Good ****in' job he's doing, dinnae need tae be able run anything tae see what a **** he's made of it.

Greenheart
03-06-2014, 12:15 PM

This

Hiber-nation
03-06-2014, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the post.

Of course you can comment on performance, but surely you need a credible alternative - can you explain what that is ?

RP simply not being at Hibs is the only credible alternative I see.

DarlingtonHibee
03-06-2014, 12:21 PM
what the **** has that got tae dae with what I said? I'm no planning on running one. What was petrie's experience of running a fitba club before he came here and got this one relegated twice? As many times as it as been in Its entire history before him. Good ****in' job he's doing, dinnae need tae be able run anything tae see what a **** he's made of it.

So, what would you like to see at Hibernian regarding a strategy after RP (and probably STF) leave ?

Kano as Chairman ?

DarlingtonHibee
03-06-2014, 12:22 PM
RP simply not being at Hibs is the only credible alternative I see.

So you don't have an alternative solution ?

Hiber-nation
03-06-2014, 12:24 PM
So you don't have an alternative solution ?

That is credible.

Brightside
03-06-2014, 12:28 PM
The new CEO has a track record of running a football club and influencing change. She'll have my support. I would also support a new owner to come along and inject some much needed funding into club. But until that happens we need to be careful of dumping a guy who looks after the club on the behalf of the current owner. Until i see a clear Stage 2 I wont be getting involved in Stage 1.

ALF TUPPER
03-06-2014, 12:29 PM
Not surprised at the Club's stance. Puts crowd control, health and safety and any associated costs (possibly including ground staff, stewards and police) under the responsibility of the Club.

I wouldn't let us in either.

DarlingtonHibee
03-06-2014, 12:32 PM
The new CEO has a track record of running a football club and influencing change. She'll have my support. I would also support a new owner to come along and inject some much needed funding into club. But until that happens we need to be careful of dumping a guy who looks after the club on the behalf of the current owner. Until i see a clear Stage 2 I wont be getting involved in Stage 1.

THIS !! :top marks

JeMeSouviens
03-06-2014, 12:36 PM

You'll not be wanting one of my inflatable pitchforks then? (2 for a pound.)

KeithTheHibby
03-06-2014, 12:36 PM
Playing devils advocate here but do you think there would have been this uproar re Petrie if we had stayed in the top flight? To me he is either good for the club or he isn't? Perhaps relegation has been the tipping point?
Fwiw I don't think the protest will make much difference to Petrie, will probably be nothing more than a minor distraction to him and Dempster.

madhatter
03-06-2014, 12:41 PM
This is becoming a farce to be honest. Asking the club if a group called "PetrieOut" can protest in the stadium...What club in the world would say "Yes, sure".

On top of that labeling it a "family day out" is embarrassing.

I'm getting more and more put off this protest to be honest. I was all for it until more and more of this came out.

ALF TUPPER
03-06-2014, 12:45 PM
This is becoming a farce to be honest. Asking the club if a group called "PetrieOut" can protest in the stadium...What club in the world would say "Yes, sure".

I'm getting more and more put off this protest to be honest. I was all for it until more and more of this came out.

:agree:

Bristolhibby
03-06-2014, 12:46 PM
Again - its nothing to do with attitude. STF owns Hibs. Petrie has 10% i think. Petrie is there as STF trusts him. So unless the fans can buy out STF Petrie wont be leaving. We can continue to push that the new CEO is given full control of running the football side of the club. But Petrie wont go anywhere until we have a new owner. So what the "focus group" really need to be doing is trying to find an alternative owner of the football club.

And we are not exactly hot property are we.

Are we into kicking furry hat territory yet?

J

KeithTheHibby
03-06-2014, 12:48 PM

This. The protest is nothing more than a knee jerk reaction to being relegated. It's been hastily arranged and seems to lack any direction and Petrie knows this.
If people were adamant they wanted Petrie out then why not plan it months ago? It would have gained more credibility and the organisation would have have been better. Fwiw I want Petrie to leave the club however I think a year from now he will be gone on his own accord not because a few hundred fans vent their frustration.

AndyM_1875
03-06-2014, 12:49 PM

Correct.
I am very critical of Rod Petrie's time as Chairman (mainly his hiring of rotten managers and lately his attempt and failure to do two jobs of both Chairman and Chief Executive ) but I have no intention of going anywhere near this protest. Kano are co are saying to us "this is our three point plan but we only can tell you point 1. We can't tell you points 2 and 3".

Seriously? That's what you're offering? You expect me to buy a box when you're not actually telling me what is in it?
The amateurishness of the whole "Rod must go" campaign is completely off putting.

Consider this. Rod isn't going anywhere unless Tom Farmer goes. Rod Petrie is Sir Tom's man and he backs him 100%.
The only way to remove Rod Petrie completely from Hibernian is to buy out Sir Tom Farmer's stake.
Bring people to the table who will do that with the necessary funds and that will be a statement of intent.

For now I am going to support my club and its new Chief Executive Leann Dempster.

Speedway
03-06-2014, 12:50 PM

Dave, if a group of people wanted access to a property you owned and worked in, at your expense, in order for them to be able to tell you to **** off, you'd be handing them the keys would you?

Plus, what's the difference between Petrie being at the club and Petrie being out of the club but still owning 10% of the company that owns 98% of the football club?

Onion
03-06-2014, 12:56 PM
They really need to map out what's going to happen on the day, otherwise people will just be standing around like lemons. Presume the press will be there to give it some coverage, but will there be a pa system and speakers. What celebs will be there, ex-players ? Will LD address the protestors ? If Hibs and she are serious about engaging Hibs supporters, what better opportunity ? All seems a bit "back of fag packet".

Nutmegged
03-06-2014, 12:58 PM
Could this be an issue of cost? If the club open the doors for the fans would they be then responsible for those fans? Meaning we'd need to pay the cost of stewards, Police and possible Ambulance services?

If the club don't grant access then does it ot just become a Council problem?

DaveF
03-06-2014, 01:10 PM
They really need to map out what's going to happen on the day, otherwise people will just be standing around like lemons. Presume the press will be there to give it some coverage, but will there be a pa system and speakers. What celebs will be there, ex-players ? Will LD address the protestors ? If Hibs and she are serious about engaging Hibs supporters, what better opportunity ? All seems a bit "back of fag packet".

It might well turn out to be a farce but even if it does then at least I'll have been there and did a very small part in trying to change the direction our club is taking. If it's a spectacular failure then you guys can sit back, smile and say "I told you so" and reap the rewards of more years of Petrie misery. Me, I'll probably find something else to do of a weekend.

Bobby's Cinema
03-06-2014, 01:11 PM
I could say the same for the ego's of these protesters, they seem to think their way is the only way and it's looking like their ego's are now more important than the club. There's absolutely nothing that attracts me to this group especially because if you question their approach the word "apathy" is trotted out to try and accuse us "uncaring" fans of being the problem. I'm all for change but this just won't work and will damage the club even further.
Can't agree with that. It would seem to me that effort has been made to get the various supporters groups together and a vote on Petrie's future was unanimous.

He has made effort to point out the fact that "this is not about Paul Kane", which actually came across as a bit over the top.

We all want what's best for the club. And change MUST happen. People are trying to do something about it, It looks like there could be more direction right now but I think we need to try and get behind it.

lord bunberry
03-06-2014, 01:17 PM

I don't understand you're argument, if Dempster has a track record of runnuing a football club why do we still need Petrie? You say he is running the club on behalf of stf, if that's still going to be the case why have we appointed Dempster.

Baldy Foghorn
03-06-2014, 01:18 PM
Can't agree with that. It would seem to me that effort has been made to get the various supporters groups together and a vote on Petrie's future was unanimous.

He has made effort to point out the fact that "this is not about Paul Kane", which actually came across as a bit over the top.

We all want what's best for the club. And change MUST happen. People are trying to do something about it, It looks like there could be more direction right now but I think we need to try and get behind it.

Two choices here:

1) - People back the campaign, which wants Mr Petrie removed from office.
2) - Sit back and do nothing, hoping that the last 7 years have just been a blip, and RP is the man who with LD, will take us forward.....

Keith_M
03-06-2014, 01:39 PM
I don't understand you're argument, if Dempster has a track record of runnuing a football club why do we still need Petrie? You say he is running the club on behalf of stf, if that's still going to be the case why have we appointed Dempster.

:agree:

Crazyhorse
03-06-2014, 01:50 PM

In my view the only thing connected to Hibs that looks like a chimps tea party is the recent management both on and off the pitch. Just to spell that out:

Farmer, Petrie, Butcher, Malpas = football equivalent of a chimps tea party

The Gorf
03-06-2014, 02:00 PM

Fair comment. But I think Paul Kane was primarily concerned with Health and Safety.

Saorsa
03-06-2014, 02:05 PM
It might well turn out to be a farce but even if it does then at least I'll have been there and did a very small part in trying to change the direction our club is taking. If it's a spectacular failure then you guys can sit back, smile and say "I told you so" and reap the rewards of more years of Petrie misery. Me, I'll probably find something else to do of a weekend.What I'll certainly now be doing for all games at ER at least while he remains.

Waxy
03-06-2014, 02:06 PM
Should we just 100% trust LD that she has full contol and all support her fully? All the while keeping our eyes peeled for any signs of interference? Perhaps the protesters could then stop and go down a more structured path to make certain RP is winding down involvement.

Pete
03-06-2014, 02:17 PM
Two choices here:

2) - Sit back and do nothing, hoping that the last 7 years have just been a blip, and RP is the man who with LD, will take us forward.....

This is what I don't like. People thinking that you're either with us or you are some sort of submissive idiot who is harming the club.

Good luck.

Baldy Foghorn
03-06-2014, 02:21 PM
This is what I don't like. People thinking that you're either with us or you are some sort of submissive idiot who is harming the club.

Good luck.

It is up to each individual to decide, to back or not to back, simplistic really.....

JustSimplyHibs
03-06-2014, 02:41 PM
It is up to each individual to decide, to back or not to back, simplistic really.....

This "wind of change" i was promised by the board of this club is gripping me!... Two days and no TV interview by our new Cheif... Two days and no signings... Two days and no clear indication of how the new regime is going to restore pride... Two days and still no sign of the boards backing of Butcher or, lack of backing... Just a shabby wee 300 word news item on the website... nothing is going to change.

Pressure must be put on this board and whatever management team they deem to be able to deliver 1) Promotion to the top tier at first time of asking 2) Win the Ramsdens cup 3) Semis of the two other cups

I'll be there on Saturday unless, the new chief and her chosen management team can sit down together and persuade me via Hibernian TV, to get behind their 'wind of change' chat before then...

IWasThere2016
03-06-2014, 02:44 PM

I'll do it.

A part-time 'conduit' .. doesn't sound that demanding to me.

I don't need paid either, and have experience of running businesses that dwarf Hibs.

Are you telling Rod or am I?

Pete
03-06-2014, 02:47 PM

It certainly is. It's the rather simplistic way you have categorized people.

Those who aren't going are "doing nothing" and are hoping that the last seven years were just a blip? Seriously?

Pete
03-06-2014, 02:52 PM
I'll do it.

A part-time 'conduit' .. doesn't sound that demanding to me.

I don't need paid either, and have experience of running businesses that dwarf Hibs.

Are you telling Rod or am I?

It's Sir Tom you need to tell. It's worth noting that this new role won't involve making any decisions regarding the running of a business.

All you'll need is good patter and to be a hibs supporter. Might go for it myself.

GlenrothesHibee
03-06-2014, 02:57 PM
This is all a bit cringeworthy and embarrassing really. Petrie is not going anywhere and even if he did would things really change? I understand the fans are hurting and looking for someone to*blame but it was the 11 imposters on the park that got us relegated not Petrie. How many people on here said we had arguably the 3rd best squad at the start of the season? It was a good few. We were all optimistic and nobody was shouting for Petries head. Ive seen Paul Kane and others on the news and quite frankly their interviews are embarrassing and make us even more of a laughing stock. Harsh but its true.

IWasThere2016
03-06-2014, 03:00 PM
It's Sir Tom you need to tell. It's worth noting that this new role won't involve making any decisions regarding the running of a business.

All you'll need is good patter and to be a hibs supporter. Might go for it myself.

Would STF notice?

I thought it would be courteous to inform RP first .. empty desk to clear, retirement party and all that to sort out.

I know the new role doesn't involve decisions (allegedly) :greengrin

silverhibee
03-06-2014, 03:07 PM
This "wind of change" i was promised by the board of this club is gripping me!... Two days and no TV interview by our new Cheif... Two days and no signings... Two days and no clear indication of how the new regime is going to restore pride... Two days and still no sign of the boards backing of Butcher or, lack of backing... Just a shabby wee 300 word news item on the website... nothing is going to change.

Pressure must be put on this board and whatever management team they deem to be able to deliver 1) Promotion to the top tier at first time of asking 2) Win the Ramsdens cup 3) Semis of the two other cups

I'll be there on Saturday unless, the new chief and her chosen management team can sit down together and persuade me via Hibernian TV, to get behind their 'wind of change' chat before then...

Not even a f***ing recipe for cakes for the big cake sale at the end of the season. :grr:

JustSimplyHibs
03-06-2014, 03:20 PM
Not even a f***ing recipe for cakes for the big cake sale at the end of the season. :grr:

A ken, it's a blimming disgrace... :bitchy:

greenlex
03-06-2014, 03:30 PM
The reason why seem fair enough to be honest.this

I think it will be better outside the stadium anyway. Having it inside would take some of the impact of it away for me. and this.

ionahibby
03-06-2014, 03:30 PM
This is all a bit cringeworthy and embarrassing really. Petrie is not going anywhere and even if he did would things really change? I understand the fans are hurting and looking for someone to*blame but it was the 11 imposters on the park that got us relegated not Petrie. How many people on here said we had arguably the 3rd best squad at the start of the season? It was a good few. We were all optimistic and nobody was shouting for Petries head. Ive seen Paul Kane and others on the news and quite frankly their interviews are embarrassing and make us even more of a laughing stock. Harsh but its true.

:agree: :top marks

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-06-2014, 03:36 PM

Oh well we'll all just shut up and let him continue then?

:confused:

number 27
03-06-2014, 03:43 PM

:agree: Far better to have years of humiliating failure than the"cringeworthy" "embarrassment" of people actually trying to do something about it.

Pete
03-06-2014, 03:54 PM

What do you mean by "continue"?

Pete
03-06-2014, 03:57 PM
:agree: Far better to have years of humiliating failure than the"cringeworthy" "embarrassment" of people actually trying to do something about it.

I'm afraid that the years of "humiliating failure" (your words) will still be there no matter what.

Do you not think that Leeann coming in and taking over will ensure that we go forward in a positive direction?

Does nobody believe this lady?

Weir7
03-06-2014, 04:00 PM
It certainly is. It's the rather simplistic way you have categorized people.

Those who aren't going are "doing nothing" and are hoping that the last seven years were just a blip? Seriously?

People who do nothing and accept what petrie has served up are in my opinion as culpable as petrie. #petrieout

Weir7
03-06-2014, 04:01 PM
I'm afraid that the years of "humiliating failure" (your words) will still be there no matter what.

Do you not think that Leeann coming in and taking over will ensure that we go forward in a positive direction?

Does nobody believe this lady?
No not until #petrieout

Weir7
03-06-2014, 04:02 PM

The same could be said about this post.

Weir7
03-06-2014, 04:04 PM

Good luck.

There us a big decision to be made. Fans either want hibs to be better or they don't. #petrieout

Weir7
03-06-2014, 04:05 PM
Two choices here:

Spot on. #petrieout

fishybeaver
03-06-2014, 04:05 PM

:aok:

Spike Mandela
03-06-2014, 04:13 PM
Too many people on here just want to sit on their hands and take pot shots at people trying to provoke some change. If you find it amateurish well, instead of sniping, why not get involved and bring some of your professional expertise to the cause.

The club needs to know the strength of opinion amongst the support for change and a poorly attended lacklustre event will let them off the hook again. We need large numbers to turn up and if you are there and the protest leaders aren't doing what you think is the best way to progress change at least you can have your say and perhaps influence events.

The worst thing that could befall the Hibs support just now is apathy.

Onion
03-06-2014, 04:18 PM
People who do nothing and accept what petrie has served up are in my opinion as culpable as petrie. #petrieout

:top marks Change is uncomfortable for most people, as it involves risk and uncertainty. And there are some would genuinely prefer the continuity of mediocrity and failure, rather than have to deal with unknown. These people are fodder for Rodders and would have us lingering in the lower leagues for years rather than balls up and do something about it.

Weir7
03-06-2014, 04:21 PM
:top marks Change is uncomfortable for most people, as it involves risk and uncertainty. And there are some would genuinely prefer the continuity of mediocrity and failure, rather than have to deal with unknown. These people are fodder for Rodders and would have us lingering in the lower leagues for years rather than balls up and do something about it.
Correct. History judges brave people.

JAY-ESS GREEN
03-06-2014, 04:24 PM

THIS
If this was happening to the yams or the the rangers we would be ripping into them gary mackay? Bomber brown? Now kano
If Rod was going to go he would have went by now.Protest all they like, whether by accident or design this is dividing the support which isn't going to help long term.

Pete
03-06-2014, 04:25 PM

There us a big decision to be made. Fans either want hibs to be better or they don't. #petrieout

So if you don't attend this rally you are "doing nothing and accepting what Petrie has served up"? And if you don't take this hard line that Petrie must be completely removed at all costs (even though he isn't making any decisions any more) then you don't want what's best for the club?

That's a narrow minded way of looking at things and quite frankly puts people off.

Here's an equally narrow minded way of looking at things: Maybe it's people like yourself who are now harming the club. You're not willing to give this lady a chance because you have a personal dislike towards a certain individual even though he doesn't make any decisions any more. Your cynicism and thirst for revenge is giving you twisted ideas on how to go forward such as starving the club of finances and disrupting our build up for the new season.

#opionionseh?

Pete
03-06-2014, 04:28 PM

What a load of patronising, generalising crap.

A change has happened yet some people aren't even willing to give it a chance because of their personal dislike of one individual and the belief that they know better.

lucky
03-06-2014, 04:30 PM
It was the wrong call by Kaneo to ask to use the ground. I hope there is a good turn out. As for the next step, it's simple the board appoint a new Chair. Long term I would like the ST holders to elect the Chair. It would give us more of an input into the club. I'm like hundreds of others a small shareholder in Hibs but out with STF and RP no shareholder or groups of shareholders have any influence on the club

Juice-Terry
03-06-2014, 04:32 PM

A change has happened yet some people aren't even willing to give it a chance because of their personal dislike of one individual and the belief that they know better.

And what change is that? LD? Just like when Scott Lindsay got the job? Or Fyfe Hyland?

marinello59
03-06-2014, 04:34 PM
And what change is that? LD? Just like when Scott Lindsay got the job? Or Fyfe Hyland?
A popular appointment when it was announced a few weeks ago. Now some are not even willing to give her a chance. Unbelievable .

number 27
03-06-2014, 04:35 PM

Of course you also believed we would not be in the play offs, you believed we would win the play offs and you told us that even if we went down you would still be happy about turning up and enjoying the lower leagues.

Not the best track record I would suggest.

Pete
03-06-2014, 04:43 PM
Of course you also believed we would not be in the play offs, you believed we would win the play offs and you told us that even if we went down you would still be happy about turning up and enjoying the lower leagues.

Not the best track record I would suggest.

I'm a football supporter not a bloody soothsayer.

Baldy Foghorn
03-06-2014, 04:52 PM
Too many people on here just want to sit on their hands and take pot shots at people trying to provoke some change. If you find it amateurish well, instead of sniping, why not get involved and bring some of your professional expertise to the cause.

The club needs to know the strength of opinion amongst the support for change and a poorly attended lacklustre event will let them off the hook again. We need large numbers to turn up and if you are there and the protest leaders aren't doing what you think is the best way to progress change at least you can have your say and perhaps influence events.

Spot on.......

Juice-Terry
03-06-2014, 05:02 PM
A popular appointment when it was announced a few weeks ago. Now some are not even willing to give her a chance. Unbelievable .

Who's said that? *I'm* certainly willing to give her a chance. The question is: is Rod?

Hibrandenburg
03-06-2014, 05:07 PM

Ah, the old "you're either with us or against us" routine.

Congratulations, you're now in an elite little club together with Mussolini, George Bush Jnr and a few other of histories greats.

:rolleyes:

marinello59
03-06-2014, 05:07 PM
Who's said that? *I'm* certainly willing to give her a chance. The question is: is Rod?

Aye, giving her a chance by bracketing her in with SL and FH.
The focus should be on Petrie yet some here seem just as intent on belittling our new CEO.

WHUHibs
03-06-2014, 05:10 PM

Dave, I agree,,,no idea what will happen but I won't settle for apathy if I did then I feel I have let myself and my fellow supporters !

Pete
03-06-2014, 05:10 PM

When and where was it stated that she answers to Rod Petrie?

Juice-Terry
03-06-2014, 05:12 PM
The focus should be on Petrie yet some here seem just as intent on belittling our new CEO.

Couldn't agree more. I never meant to imply anything else.

jeffers
03-06-2014, 05:16 PM
When and where was it stated that she answers to Rod Petrie?

Who does she report to then ?

Gus Fring
03-06-2014, 05:16 PM

Even if 5000 people turn up let's not pretend they'll directly influence the events of Saturday. Paul Kane and his cronies will be having a meeting behind closed doors with Dempster. He's not going to stick his heid oot the window and do a quick straw poll is he?

I cant get behind him until I know what stage 2 and 3 are. Between not telling us what they are, making up numbers like 95%, calling Leeann "the girl" and trying to pitch Saturday as a family fun day, he's done absolutely nothing to earn my trust but plenty to lose it.

Let me make it clear, I want Petrie out but I do not back Paul Kane or his current plans to achieve this. It's not an either/or situation.

marinello59
03-06-2014, 05:17 PM
Couldn't agree more. I never meant to imply anything else.

Fair enough, sorry for picking you up wrong.

Saorsa
03-06-2014, 05:18 PM
A popular appointment when it was announced a few weeks ago. Now some are not even willing to give her a chance. Unbelievable .This has nothing tae dae with giving her a chance or not, it's tae dae with him being there, I'd like tae give her a chance without him being there. He appointed two other people tae run the club before while he supposedly took a back seat, he still stuck his oar in tae everything, he's a control freak. What makes you or anybody else think this will be different with her? Everything from before points tae him sticking his oar in and controlling everything, can you tell me why you think it'll be any different? You really believe he'll just butt out? I and others dinnae because of the evidence of what has gone before. How many times will he pull the wool over folks eyes before they realise he is incapable of letting anybody dae anything without his approval first? I think she could dae a job here, I dinnae believe she will with him here. You or others trust him if you want, I and many others dinnae and speaking just for myself I'll no be handing over another brass farthing while he is involved in any way, shape or form. I'll support the team away from ER, he can GTF.

WHUHibs
03-06-2014, 05:18 PM

Hope your not going to ban me but that statement is utter nonsense!

I haven't seen a negative post about the appointment unless I have missed something but Rod is a different matter.

I feel no action now and if the heat lessens he will still be in the background and we will not have a chance of a real change at the club. Let's not cover up the cracks and dig deep, make structural changes that will benefit the club for years to come.

WHUHibs
03-06-2014, 05:19 PM
Fair enough, sorry for picking you up wrong.

:greengrin

WHUHibs
03-06-2014, 05:20 PM
Ah, the old "you're either with us or against us" routine.

Congratulations, you're now in an elite little club together with Mussolini, George Bush Jnr and a few other of histories greats.

:rolleyes:

Over exaggeration me thinks!:confused:

Glorious St Pat
03-06-2014, 05:27 PM

I have heard they do and a plan is in place for a complete revamp and direction for the club. Source is very close to the group.

Glorious St Pat
03-06-2014, 05:33 PM
Even if 5000 people turn up let's not pretend they'll directly influence the events of Saturday. Paul Kane and his cronies will be having a meeting behind closed doors with Dempster. He's not going to stick his heid oot the window and do a quick straw poll is he?

I cant get behind him until I know what stage 2 and 3 are. Between not telling us what they are, making up numbers like 95%, calling Leeann "the girl" and trying to pitch Saturday as a family fun day, he's done absolutely nothing to earn my trust but plenty to lose it.

Let me make it clear, I want Petrie out but I do not back Paul Kane or his current plans to achieve this. It's not an either/or situation.

So we give up on a passionate Hibbies who is a bit rough round the edges? There is a plan in place and I'd expect them to announce it soon. Personally, I think they should've announced part 3 first and then part 1 & 2 would naturally fall into place. Sorry, but you are going to have read between the lines as to why the plan is.

Pete
03-06-2014, 05:34 PM
I have heard they do and a plan is in place for a complete revamp and direction for the club. Source is very close to the group.

What is it then?

I bet you that's it's probably the same plan as Leeann will lay out soon but with Petrie leaving immediately instead of in the nearish future. Fan ownership by any chance?

number 27
03-06-2014, 05:37 PM
What is it then?

I bet you that's it's probably the same plan as Leeann will lay out soon but with Petrie leaving immediately instead of in the nearish future. Fan ownership by any chance?

When has Petrie said he will be leaving in the nearish future?

Glorious St Pat
03-06-2014, 05:39 PM
What is it then?

Sorry can't say other than 'up in heaven we will be Singhing'....

part rat two is to remove Butcher.

Tyler Durden
03-06-2014, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the post.

Petrie initially stated he would be facilitating a program of change as non-exec Chairman. That then changed to being a conduit between the club and STF.

The alternative is quite simple. Bruce Langham or another existing (or indeed new director) can help facilitate change. Our new CEO Leanne Dempster can act as conduit to the owner in the same way her predecessor did. If she is not trusted to do so, why appoint her?

If Petrie's new role is as non exec, what makes him the only person qualified? If there are even 100 Hibs fans who won't return until Petrie exits, what justification does he have to remain?

What would be your personal objection to the credible alternative I have outlined?

Phil D. Rolls
03-06-2014, 05:50 PM
Taking your kids to a 'family day out' which is about calling for someone to lose their job doesn't sit right with me either, whatever you think of the person. Each to their own, though.

Could be worse, they could claim they are doing it for charity.

It's very hard to get behind this when it appears that there has been little planning or thought put into it. The next embarassment is when the police tell them they can't demonstrate in the street or in the car park.

Wish they would get their act together - making it this easy for Petrie just increases the frustration.

Calum68
03-06-2014, 05:50 PM

Good post.

Pete
03-06-2014, 05:51 PM
When has Petrie said he will be leaving in the nearish future?

I think we all know the reasons why he is still here. Sir Tom wants him to remain and he's happy to do so until his next gig comes up.

Pete
03-06-2014, 05:53 PM
Sorry can't say other than 'up in heaven we will be Singhing'....

part rat two is to remove Butcher.

Ah. Got you.

I hope they hurry up and make their agenda known. Right now it just looks like "Petrie out then we'll see".

Phil D. Rolls
03-06-2014, 05:54 PM
It was the wrong call by Kaneo to ask to use the ground. I hope there is a good turn out. As for the next step, it's simple the board appoint a new Chair. Long term I would like the ST holders to elect the Chair. It would give us more of an input into the club. I'm like hundreds of others a small shareholder in Hibs but out with STF and RP no shareholder or groups of shareholders have any influence on the club

A man sets out seeking justice, and ends up wanting a crown.

What qualifies the average season ticket holder to comment upon, yet alone, make decisions on matters like who should be chairman? I see a problem in it, in that most fans aren't in a position to objectively judge the qualifications of contenders, are most likely to swung by populist rhetoric.

Just look at what's going on with the protest. These guys appear to be naive at best, and every time they open their mouth they dig themselves deeper into a hole. Yet they commanded a lot of support on here.

This is all about blazers, seats on buses and promoting individual businesses.

Hibrandenburg
03-06-2014, 06:02 PM
Over exaggeration me thinks!:confused:

Me thinks too but point made. He thinks the world is black or white but there's a few shades in between. It's absolute pish to label me and a few others as Petrie supporters because we don't agree with the ways and means about how the many want to go about doing business. It's also counterproductive for the cause they think they're following.

emerald green
03-06-2014, 06:02 PM
Two things. 1) As long as Petrie has the backing of Sir Tom Farmer, he won't be going anywhere. Still silence from STF, so read into that what you like. Unless someone is willing & able to buy STF out at Hibs, then sadly it would appear that Petrie's position is not under serious threat.

2) Petrie is vice-president at the SFA, and probably has ambitions to be head honcho at SFA one day. He will not give that up easily either, and will remain at Hibs as long as it takes IMO.

Neither of the above points changes my view that for the future wellbeing of Hibs, he has to accept responsibility for the state the club has sunk to under his stewardship, and remove himself from the club, completely, and let the new CEO run things without him in the background.

Knowing full well that vocal demonstrations will be unlikely to remove him, I still intend to turn up on Saturday to at least show by my presence that I want him out. Enough is enough.

Tyler Durden
03-06-2014, 06:06 PM
I think we all know the reasons why he is still here. Sir Tom wants him to remain and he's happy to do so until his next gig comes up.

And yet we hear nothing from Farmer and vague statements about what value Petrie adds by remaining.

Why should it be acceptable for Petrie to remain when his presence prevents fans getting united behind the team?

WHUHibs
03-06-2014, 06:11 PM
Me thinks too but point made. He thinks the world is black or white but there's a few shades in between. It's absolute pish to label me and a few others as Petrie supporters because we don't agree with the ways and means about how the many want to go about doing business. It's also counterproductive for the cause they think they're following.

I agree with you and I have been a non supporter for many years as I have regularly posted. However, financially he did a decent job but at the same time has strangled the life out of us in my humble opinion.

I think the consensus is he should be removed but some think a protest is the way to go. However, I can't sit back and feel as though I can do nothing and perhaps a demonstration of support to change can wake STF up and he can really see the depth of feeling.

The more that show up the harder it will be for Forsyth to spin that the movement for change is small. I think a big show covered by the media will start hitting home together with the slow season ticket sales.

I haven't renewed for the first time since I can remember,,last year I did despite my laddie playing Saturdays and only made games when he wasn't playing. It was my choice and people criticise me for not renewing but it's my choice.

You choose not to demonstrate for your own reasons and I respect that and that's doesn't make you a Petrie supporter, simply a committed fan who wants to effect change in another way.

I will see what Saturday brings and hopefully more communication for the movement for change and I think they need to bring in some more business people to help structure. It could all fall once the popular support gets frustrated, I hope not!

Scouse Hibee
03-06-2014, 06:17 PM
A man sets out seeking justice, and ends up wanting a crown.

What qualifies the average season ticket holder to comment upon, yet alone, make decisions on matters like who should be chairman? I see a problem in it, in that most fans aren't in a position to objectively judge the qualifications of contenders, are most likely to swung by populist rhetoric.

Just look at what's going on with the protest. These guys appear to be naive at best, and every time they open their mouth they dig themselves deeper into a hole. Yet they commanded a lot of support on here.

This is all about blazers, seats on buses and promoting individual businesses.

Are you suggesting someone has an ulterior motive in all this?

Brightside
03-06-2014, 06:19 PM

He's there on behalf of STF - the owner of the club. He will not go until STF tells him to.

Hibrandenburg
03-06-2014, 06:22 PM
I agree with you and I have been a non supporter for many years as I have regularly posted. However, financially he did a decent job but at the same time has strangled the life out of us in my humble opinion.

I think the consensus is he should be removed but some think a protest is the way to go. However, I can't sit back and feel as though I can do nothing and perhaps a demonstration of support to change can wake STF up and he can really see the depth of feeling.

The more that show up the harder it will be for Forsyth to spin that the movement for change is small. I think a big show covered by the media will start hitting home together with the slow season ticket sales.

I haven't renewed for the first time since I can remember,,last year I did despite my laddie playing Saturdays and only made games when he wasn't playing. It was my choice and people criticise me for not renewing but it's my choice.

You choose not to demonstrate for your own reasons and I respect that and that's doesn't make you a Petrie supporter, simply a committed fan who wants to effect change in another way.

I will see what Saturday brings and hopefully more communication for the movement for change and I think they need to bring in some more business people to help structure. It could all fall once the popular support gets frustrated, I hope not!

Decent level headed post.

Everyone who loves this club will have their own opinion as to what needs to be done. I don't think that calling the masses out to back up an unknown strategy is the right way though. What baffles me the most though is how so many people are willing to take up the fight for an agenda they've not been informed of, absolutely baffling!

Brightside
03-06-2014, 06:23 PM

Exactly this is getting mental now. Can we not give the woman a chance to do her job.

Chuck Rhoades
03-06-2014, 06:28 PM
For those criticising the lack of planning and organising, there is a meeting with various representitives from forums/branches on Thursday.

bighairyfaeleith
03-06-2014, 06:38 PM
Exactly this is getting mental now. Can we not give the woman a chance to do her job.

Will someone please think of the girl!!:hnetinq:

Gus Fring
03-06-2014, 06:41 PM
So we give up on a passionate Hibbies who is a bit rough round the edges? There is a plan in place and I'd expect them to announce it soon. Personally, I think they should've announced part 3 first and then part 1 & 2 would naturally fall into place. Sorry, but you are going to have read between the lines as to why the plan is.

Once the plan is announced, I'll decide whether or not I support it happening.

Maybe reading between the lines brings me to the conclusion that having a few thousand Hibs fans in and around the Easter Road area on Saturday during the close-season wouldn't be at all bad for surrounding businesses, particular those with a license to sell alcoholic beverages? Maybe the reason part 2 and 3 don't exist is because they haven't got that far yet?

I don't think this is what's happening but if I'm being forced to "read between the lines" then that's just as good a conclusion as any else I've seen.

flash
03-06-2014, 06:49 PM
This use of the stadium thing is ludicrous and clearly made knowing what the answer would be.

silverhibee
03-06-2014, 07:10 PM

Kano new he would get a knock back to use the ground.

But he asked and if there is any congestion around the ground then it ain't his problem.

#petrieout

Lewis77
03-06-2014, 07:21 PM
Calling it a
'family day out' is possibly the funniest thing I've heard this year!

"Mon weans, we're aff on a fun family day oot..!"

"Oh what fun daddy, where?"

"Doon f***ing Easter Road hen, tae get that Tattie bogle Petrie oot!"

greenlex
03-06-2014, 07:48 PM
Im all for the protest. Remember this is about trying to get real change with the removal of Petrie. If any other agenda rears its head then I will be out.

greenlex
03-06-2014, 07:51 PM

Im sure she can do her job really well. She doesn't need Petrie. Petrie Out

lord bunberry
03-06-2014, 07:51 PM
He's there on behalf of STF - the owner of the club. He will not go until STF tells him to.

You said that Dempster had a track record of running football clubs and that Petrie was running the club for stf, they can't both be running the club, one of them doesn't need to be there.

Jonnyboy
03-06-2014, 08:09 PM
Hope your not going to ban me but that statement is utter nonsense!

I haven't seen a negative post about the appointment unless I have missed something but Rod is a different matter.

I feel no action now and if the heat lessens he will still be in the background and we will not have a chance of a real change at the club. Let's not cover up the cracks and dig deep, make structural changes that will benefit the club for years to come.

Fair few folk implying she'll just be doing Rod's bidding which is negative in the extreme

schinkenotto
03-06-2014, 09:10 PM
This use of the stadium thing is ludicrous and clearly made knowing what the answer would be.The whole protest so far is like "Amateur night at Pontins".How anyone expects Ms Dempster to deal with such nonsense a few days into the job is ludicrous.I abhor what has happened to the club I have supported for 60 years and want Petrie out but this simply makes this particular protest seem pathetic,ill thought out and a laughing stock.Give us stages 2 and 3 and it might be worth considering.

Phil D. Rolls
03-06-2014, 09:20 PM
Are you suggesting someone has an ulterior motive in all this?

No, but that's the way it will pan out, IMO.

Paisley Hibby
03-06-2014, 09:21 PM
This use of the stadium thing is ludicrous and clearly made knowing what the answer would be.

Spot on mate. The way the Petrie Out campaign is being conducted is embarrassing. No Hibs fan can be happy about Petrie's performance, me included. But I can't support something that is simply focussed on getting the guy sacked and says nothing about what happens after that. It's pathetic.

number 27
03-06-2014, 09:32 PM
Spot on mate. The way the Petrie Out campaign is being conducted is embarrassing. No Hibs fan can be happy about Petrie's performance, me included. But I can't support something that is simply focussed on getting the guy sacked and says nothing about what happens after that. It's pathetic.

Here we go again, words like embarrassing and pathetic being used to justify taking no action.

Was relegation pathetic? was 5-1 embarrassing? That's what Petrie delivered and you can have a whole lot more if he stays. Still that would be better than making a fuss though:rolleyes:

FranckSuzy
03-06-2014, 09:32 PM

These "cronies" are actually members of the 'Working Together' group and Saturday's meeting was requested by Leeann Dempster way before we were relegated. It has nothing to do with the 'Petrie Out' movement. It is *members of branches, the Former Players Association, Hibernian Historical Trust, the Hibernian Supporters Association, Leith Links etc who are going :aok:

*apologies if I've missed anyone out

Waxy
03-06-2014, 09:42 PM
I'd go as far to say that anyone employed by Hibs should have a holiday and go nowhere near the ground on saturday. I still hope Petrie leaves but i hope we can do it in another way.Honestly asking to open a stand? What a laugh.

sahib
03-06-2014, 09:53 PM
Fair few folk implying she'll just be doing Rod's bidding which is negative in the extreme

Who determines the budget? Who can sack whom?

Ronniekirk
03-06-2014, 09:58 PM
But Rod won't be doing any bidding he is just a Conduit now and a Non Executive one at that .

Glorious St Pat
03-06-2014, 10:11 PM
Im all for the protest. Remember this is about trying to get real change with the removal of Petrie. If any other agenda rears its head then I will be out.

What if the agenda is a complete regime and a new direction for the club? Would that get your support? This is what I am hearing from my source.

FranckSuzy
03-06-2014, 10:14 PM
What if the agenda is a complete regime and a new direction for the club? Would that get your support? This is what I am hearing from my source.

Totally off topic but I really wish you'd change your username :greengrin I'm a St Pat's member too but I'd never call myself that on a forum or people might get the idea that you're speaking on behalf of the branch :aok:

Gus Fring
03-06-2014, 10:14 PM
These "cronies" are actually members of the 'Working Together' group and Saturday's meeting was requested by Leeann Dempster way before we were relegated. It has nothing to do with the 'Petrie Out' movement. It is *members of branches, the Former Players Association, Hibernian Historical Trust, the Hibernian Supporters Association, Leith Links etc who are going :aok:

*apologies if I've missed anyone out

It definitely has something to do with it now. This meeting now has a protest attached to it where before there was none.

FranckSuzy
03-06-2014, 10:16 PM
It definitely has something to do with it now. This meeting now has a protest attached to it where before there was none.

I disagree but anyway, it was the "cronies" bit I was referring to. You pulled Kano up for calling Leeann Dempster "the girl" but you've just made a similar error.

NAE NOOKIE
03-06-2014, 11:14 PM

I am also embarrassed GH ..... I feel that this kneejerk reaction to four ( I'm being kind ) years of abject failure should be put to bed before folk start laughing at us and the media start questioning the clubs lofty position in Scottish football we have worked so hard to earn in that time.

The optimism you mention at the start of last season has been mirrored in quite a few of the previous seasons .... perhaps for a lot of fans, including me, having that optimism crushed a few months into the season has happened once too often.

Relegation was just the fuse being lit ...... the bomb has been under construction for years ..... anybody who denies that fact hasn't been around Easter Road ... or this forum for that matter ... for the last few years. Which I'm guessing could well be the case with some of our new found friends.

Is your embarrassment watching the interviews of "Paul Kane and others" caused by what they have to say, or the way they are saying it?

If its the former I'm at a loss to understand what is embarrassing about it, the majority of Hibs supporters, by any measure which can be applied, are in agreement with them ...... their stance may be wrong in your eyes, but I fail to see what is embarrassing about it.

If its the latter perhaps you would be better following the rugger or another club closer to the heart of the posher side of town. They tell me that you will find a much more articulate bunch there .... well at the rugger anyway.

In conclusion ...... I have to admit I'm struggling to understand why since this situation has come to a head so many people who have had little or nothing to say on here about events at the club ( which have been many and in the main calamitous ) in the last number of years have now popped up and mostly ( but not all ) in support of the status quo.

For those who feel that the removal of Petrie would be a mistake exactly what achievements by the club on the pitch in the last seven years have persuaded you that he should in any way be involved in the running of it in the future? As a go between, between LD and STF ... why is that required ... doesn't STF like women?

Leeann Dempster has said she is confident she has full authority to do whats required ....... As long as Petrie is acting as ( ha ha ) go between I and a hell of a lot of other Hibbies will struggle to believe for a second that that is the case. For the unity and the good of Hibs he must go.

greenlex
04-06-2014, 02:41 AM

Would very much depend on who or what.

oregonhibby
04-06-2014, 05:25 AM
I have posted before that before doing anything or making any move it should be carefully considered and planned from 'soup to nuts'.

No one is happy at the plight of the Club at the moment and it is clear that a large section of support are disaffected with RP. How large that is will become clear in due course - .net have asked their members directly and the rally will give a clear indication wherever it occurs.

However to be effective these things need to be organised carefully. It appears that there is, at 6.15am today, no venue for the rally. What work was done with the police and the council to gain the necessary approvals and support for such a gathering, particularly if thousands are expected. How is it going to be stewarded and now where is it going to be?

These are practical consideration to protect those protesting and the general public - if no more than letting them know their local park or amenity is going to have a lot more people than they would normally expect on a Saturday morning.

As to asking the Club in the week before the rally is due to take place serves to undermine not the Club but the organisers of the rally.

I have absolutely no doubt about the genuine and heartfelt feeling the organisers have. I have talked to Paul Kane many times and know his love for the Club.

Unfortunately the lack of apparent organisation and clear messaging of the intent and purpose of the rally, the lack of clarity of the goals, other than regime change in the form of RP, significantly weakens the arguments and probable effectiveness of this campaign.

Stonewall
04-06-2014, 05:29 AM

If it makes any sort of sense I would consider it. Judging by the performance so far I'm not holding my breath.

ronaldo7
04-06-2014, 07:24 AM
Totally off topic but I really wish you'd change your username :greengrin I'm a St Pat's member too but I'd never call myself that on a forum or people might get the idea that you're speaking on behalf of the branch :aok:

I Agree :greengrin:aok:

ronaldo7
04-06-2014, 07:28 AM
I have posted before that before doing anything or making any move it should be carefully considered and planned from 'soup to nuts'.

No one is happy at the plight of the Club at the moment and it is clear that a large section of support are disaffected with RP. How large that is will become clear in due course - .net have asked their members directly and the rally will give a clear indication wherever it occurs.

However to be effective these things need to be organised carefully. It appears that there is, at 6.15am today, no venue for the rally. What work was done with the police and the council to gain the necessary approvals and support for such a gathering, particularly if thousands are expected. How is it going to be stewarded and now where is it going to be?

These are practical consideration to protect those protesting and the general public - if no more than letting them know their local park or amenity is going to have a lot more people than they would normally expect on a Saturday morning.

As to asking the Club in the week before the rally is due to take place serves to undermine not the Club but the organisers of the rally.

I have absolutely no doubt about the genuine and heartfelt feeling the organisers have. I have talked to Paul Kane many times and know his love for the Club.

Unfortunately the lack of apparent organisation and clear messaging of the intent and purpose of the rally, the lack of clarity of the goals, other than regime change in the form of RP, significantly weakens the arguments and probable effectiveness of this campaign.

Spot on:top marks

Rather than Petrie out I think it may Peter out, and that's a shame.

FranckSuzy
04-06-2014, 11:08 AM
I Agree :greengrin:aok:

:thumbsup: