PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Ladies Record Big Victory

RSS Bot
03-06-2014, 10:30 AM
Hibernian Ladies 6 Queens Park Ladies 0

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140603/ladies-record-big-victory_2262950_3878001)

hfcok
03-06-2014, 12:29 PM
Hibernian Ladies 6 Queens Park Ladies 0

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140603/ladies-record-big-victory_2262950_3878001)

Do they only report on the wins they have ?,dont see any reports on matches they lose.

(((Fergus)))
03-06-2014, 01:19 PM
Where do they train?

JustSimplyHibs
03-06-2014, 03:28 PM
Do they only report on the wins they have ?,dont see any reports on matches they lose.

They rarely lose... like the majority of the Hibs teams - except the flagship first team squad of course :wink:.

Score plenty ay goals and play good football too, pretty sure there are age groups all the way down to U13s.

nribs
03-06-2014, 03:47 PM
Where do they train?

Not sure if this was meant to be funny but it made me laugh

(((Fergus)))
03-06-2014, 08:59 PM
Not sure if this was meant to be funny but it made me laugh

Only half-joking actually. It would be nice to have proof that a piece of real estate isn't to blame for the current predicament.

Sir David Gray
03-06-2014, 09:51 PM
Men out, ladies in.

hfcok
03-06-2014, 11:34 PM
They rarely lose... like the majority of the Hibs teams - except the flagship first team squad of course :wink:.

Score plenty ay goals and play good football too, pretty sure there are age groups all the way down to U13s.

Im afraid they do,they have lost a few already this season.They seem the worst of all the Hibs ladies,girls team.

JustSimplyHibs
04-06-2014, 07:26 AM
Im afraid they do,they have lost a few already this season.They seem the worst of all the Hibs ladies,girls team.

Your so right, they've lost three times over the last 4 months - 3 in 13 games.

Brightside
04-06-2014, 07:42 AM

They have a lost a couple in the league..due mainly to injuries. (and two sending offs against spartans). They are the second best team in scotland behind Glasgow City. They get almost zero funding from Hibs and they train at Forresters, play their home games at Broxborn. Hopefully our new CEO will fix this!! It wouldnt take much to get them into the Champs League and bringing in some cracking PR for Hibs FC.

blackpoolhibs
04-06-2014, 07:58 AM
They have a lost a couple in the league..due mainly to injuries. (and two sending offs against spartans). They are the second best team in scotland behind Glasgow City. They get almost zero funding from Hibs and they train at Forresters, play their home games at Broxborn. Hopefully our new CEO will fix this!! It wouldnt take much to get them into the Champs League and bringing in some cracking PR for Hibs FC.

I'm sure most of the wage thieves that played for the main team last season probably qualify for the ladies team, but that would only weaken them, and if they were managed by the chuckle brothers they'd have been relegated and probably disbanded by now through lack of interest.

hfcok
04-06-2014, 08:45 AM

They were poor against Spartans, sending offs had no bearing in final result,and then lost Cup Final ( League) 3 days later.They have still to play some of the top 6 teams,with better coaching they could get there as City are not as good as they were.

I agree if better funding from Hibs FC could be brilliant PR.They would have to get a better management,coaches team in,the ones they have or so much up their own backsides.

blackpoolhibs
04-06-2014, 08:54 AM
They were poor against Spartans, sending offs had no bearing in final result,and then lost Cup Final ( League) 3 days later.They have still to play some of the top 6 teams,with better coaching they could get there as City are not as good as they were.

I agree if better funding from Hibs FC could be brilliant PR.They would have to get a better management,coaches team in,the ones they have or so much up their own backsides.

Aye because Hibs are rolling in money. :rolleyes: I couldnt care if the Hibs ladies team won the European cup 50 years on the trot, i still wouldn't open my curtains and watch.

And if i thought for one minute any money i MIGHT put into the club in the future went towards womens football, i'd not put it in.

Brightside
04-06-2014, 08:55 AM
I was at the cup final. We sat too far back and let City dictate the game. We need a bit more strength in depth as we struggle massively if Joelle is out. We also had the play out best wing back as a CH in the final and that didn't work at all. Even a small amount of investment would see is having the best team in Scotland easy. No comment on the mgmt team. ;-)

Brightside
04-06-2014, 08:59 AM
Aye because Hibs are rolling in money. :rolleyes: I couldnt care if the Hibs ladies team won the European cup 50 years on the trot, i still wouldn't open my curtains and watch.

And if i thought for one minute any money i MIGHT put into the club in the future went towards womens football, i'd not put it in.

Get out of this thread old man! You don't get a say. Exactly the same as I don't get a say in the rubbish that Terry spends his money on!

Brightside
04-06-2014, 09:02 AM
Thankfully our new CEO can see the commercial sense in bringing the Hibs ladies into the Hibs Family.

JustSimplyHibs
04-06-2014, 09:23 AM
Thankfully our new CEO can see the commercial sense in bringing the Hibs ladies into the Hibs Family.

Hope she does... with two girls in the house bored of Hibernian's flagship team and becoming more interested in the ladies team, it would be good if the club promoted the team more - if interest picks up then maybe have bucket collections as seen with the U20s games to generate income.

The Hibee Harp
04-06-2014, 09:45 AM

Behave. They've lost two league games and a cup final against the strongest side in Scotland without three of our best players.

The Hibee Harp
04-06-2014, 09:52 AM

The funding element is all relative. They DO getting funding from Hibs which is a source of income that other teams in the league don't receive (Forfar, Buchan, Spartans) Hibs offered the Ladies use of the Training Centre for free but the Ladies CHOSE to go to Broxburn so they could charge admission.

The Hibee Harp
04-06-2014, 09:54 AM

You clearly have an agenda against the current coaches.

The Hibee Harp
04-06-2014, 09:55 AM

:confused:They are part of the Hibs Family - they are a part of the Community Foundation.

Brightside
04-06-2014, 09:57 AM
Spartans are subbed by Spartans. Same as the rest of their teams. Can you clarify what you mean when you say the team is funded by Hibs? I'd personally like to see the game played at Easter Road. Just open West Stand. Buckets on the gates. Would be nice for the middle of the park to be used for once.

hibee92
04-06-2014, 10:54 AM

Good for you pal. Bet that feels good to get off yer chest.

Ohhhhh if they were in my garden I widny watch.
Ohhhhh I'm no putting money in. Ohhhh look at me I'm controversial. :faf:

Also pal, you've put money into Hibs, you've put money into Hibs Community Foundation, you've put money into the ladies team. So, better withdraw all your funding. Hibs will surely go bust now without you :boo hoo:

hibee92
04-06-2014, 10:56 AM

How so?

Brightside
04-06-2014, 10:57 AM
BH is always like this. Never mind. His £100 bet went towards the team anyway. ;-)

GreenCastle
04-06-2014, 11:27 AM

They aren't the 2nd best team in Scotland according to the current league table.

They have lost 3 games already this season to rival top 6 teams.

I watched all 3 games and every game the opposition scored at least 3 goals against them going on more - the cup final should have been about 6v0!

It does seem that we get the win reports on here and nothing about the other loses.

R11Loaded
04-06-2014, 11:57 AM
My sister plays for the development squad and she told me that Motherwell ladies got a wage under Dempster and they are in division 2. The ladies charge to watch them so if they got support from Hibs they'd hopefully improve.

My mates coach Hibs girls at under 15s and their record was 8 games 8 wins 65 goals scored and 1 conceded and then won a cup final

As to the comment about management, willie Kirk just passed his A License. And having met him he's a really intelligent guy.

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

Peevemor
04-06-2014, 11:59 AM
My sister plays for the development squad and she told me that Motherwell ladies got a wage under Dempster and they are in division 2. The ladies charge to watch them so if they got support from Hibs they'd hopefully improve.

My mates coach Hibs girls at under 15s and their record was 8 games 8 wins 65 goals scored and 1 conceded and then won a cup final

As to the comment about management, willie Kirk just passed his A License. And having met him he's a really intelligent guy.

Typical Hibs defending! :grr:

The Hibee Harp
04-06-2014, 11:59 AM
Spartans are subbed by Spartans. Same as the rest of their teams. Can you clarify what you mean when you say the team is funded by Hibs? I'd personally like to see the game played at Easter Road. Just open West Stand. Buckets on the gates. Would be nice for the middle of the park to be used for once.

Spartans Women have to pay to play at Ainslie Park. I never said the Ladies were funded by Hibs only that they received funding from Hibs. I too would like to see their games at ER however, lets be honest, the U19's or Reserves rarely/never get to play there so why would the Ladies?

The Hibee Harp
04-06-2014, 12:05 PM

I would be very surprised if Motherwell players were being paid as I'm sure even Glasgow City players have to play for the privelge of playing. The SFA are looking at ways to fund the players so they can go semi-pro.

Brightside
04-06-2014, 12:15 PM
I would be very surprised if Motherwell players were being paid as I'm sure even Glasgow City players have to play for the privelge of playing. The SFA are looking at ways to fund the players so they can go semi-pro.

Glasgow City are paid by sponsors. You don't get Jess Fishlock playing for free!

The Hibee Harp
04-06-2014, 12:17 PM
Glasgow City are paid by sponsors. You don't get Jess Fishlock playing for free!

Perhaps the bigger players but not all.

Brightside
04-06-2014, 12:21 PM
Perhaps the bigger players but not all.

Yeh agreed. Anyway will be good to see what views Dempster has on this huge growth sport.

The Hibee Harp
04-06-2014, 12:25 PM
Yeh agreed. Anyway will be good to see what views Dempster has on this huge growth sport.

She really got behind it at Motherwell so I would expect the same at Hibs. The women's game needs all the help it can to push onto the next level.

hibee92
04-06-2014, 01:22 PM

I get the feeling I might be one of those you refer to.

Also, our record is now played 12, won 12, scored 92, conceded 4.

R11Loaded
04-06-2014, 01:48 PM

Glasgow City fund players for travel I'm told. And do pay a bit of wage. At least what my sister thinks.

R11Loaded
04-06-2014, 01:49 PM
I get the feeling I might be one of those you refer to.

Also, our record is now played 12, won 12, scored 92, conceded 4.

Depends, have I ever had an irn bru or a jäger bomb with you?😜

hibee92
04-06-2014, 05:24 PM
Depends, have I ever had an irn bru or a jäger bomb with you?

That would be a jäger bomb mate! :thumbsup:

hfcok
04-06-2014, 08:36 PM
They aren't the 2nd best team in Scotland according to the current league table.

They have lost 3 games already this season to rival top 6 teams.

I watched all 3 games and every game the opposition scored at least 3 goals against them going on more - the cup final should have been about 6v0!

It does seem that we get the win reports on here and nothing about the other loses.

Yeh my point exactly,in opening post

The Hibee Harp
05-06-2014, 06:38 AM

Yeh my point exactly,in opening post

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140429/ladies-endure-first-loss-of-season_2262950_3794582

R11Loaded
05-06-2014, 11:26 AM
That would be a jäger bomb mate! :thumbsup:

Only person to lose the Scottish cup weeks after winning the final??

hfcok
05-06-2014, 07:41 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140429/ladies-endure-first-loss-of-season_2262950_3794582

Well done for pointing that out from 29th April,and can you find the other reports ??

The Hibee Harp
05-06-2014, 08:16 PM
Well done for pointing that out from 29th April,and can you find the other reports ??

A quick search on Google highlighted these;

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20131118/ladies-defeated-in-cup-final_2262950_3540817
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120227/ladies-defeated-by-reds_2262950_2625348
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130521/ladies-suffer-rare-defeat_2262950_3186128
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20111025/ladies-beaten-by-city_2262950_2493548

I think that puts to bed the notion that defeats are not covered.

hfcok
05-06-2014, 08:27 PM
A quick search on Google highlighted these;

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20131118/ladies-defeated-in-cup-final_2262950_3540817
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120227/ladies-defeated-by-reds_2262950_2625348
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130521/ladies-suffer-rare-defeat_2262950_3186128
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20111025/ladies-beaten-by-city_2262950_2493548

I think that puts to bed the notion that defeats are not covered.

You being serious here,am talking about this season,not in the past.
Now away to bed and stop trying to prove something thats not there.

The Hibee Harp
05-06-2014, 08:37 PM

How very grown up of you. The suggestion was that the Hibs website didn't cover defeats. I have proven they do. Whether one or two games are not covered really isn't that big an issue imo.

bob12345
05-06-2014, 08:40 PM

From what I can see, this type of coverage of squads other than the first team (youth, disability, reserve squads, etc) is quite normal across football club media departments. Whilst the first team is covered before, during and after every match due to public demand, other squads for which the same level of resource cannot be afforded, are promoted on a more sporadic basis. Generally this is to highlight achievement, especially when there are volunteers or unpaid players involved. Why would they want to be put in the public eye every time they have a bad day at the office?

hfcok
05-06-2014, 09:44 PM
How very grown up of you. The suggestion was that the Hibs website didn't cover defeats. I have proven they do. Whether one or two games are not covered really isn't that big an issue imo.

Was just asking the question,where the reports were from this season.

You have made it an issue,with trying to provide proof that they do.

matty_f
05-06-2014, 09:45 PM
What's your problem?

hfcok
05-06-2014, 09:47 PM
What's your problem?

Me, dont have one,why you think that.

matty_f
05-06-2014, 09:59 PM
Me, dont have one,why you think that.

Just your responses on this thread seem way over the top.

hfcok
05-06-2014, 10:02 PM
Just your responses on this thread seem way over the top.

Wow in what way,the harp seems wanting to make an issue with my original question,and telling me to put it to bed.