PDA

View Full Version : Butcher - Holiday - World Cup - Signings

nribs
03-06-2014, 10:08 AM
Is Butcher still going to the World Cup? If he is on Holiday just now then in Brazil for 4 weeks, when could we expect to see any signings?

Winston Ingram
03-06-2014, 10:10 AM
Is Butcher still going to the World Cup? If he is on Holiday just now then in Brazil for 4 weeks, when could we expect to see any signings?

I'm currently very happy that he's not yet made any. It gives me hope that we are planning to bin him:agree::flag:

The Green Goblin
03-06-2014, 10:11 AM
Already another thread about this

nribs
03-06-2014, 10:12 AM
Already another thread about this

Apologies

The Green Goblin
03-06-2014, 10:16 AM
Apologies

No worries. I was just pointing it out, as there are some interesting exchanges on it :greengrin

Fwiw, I would rather TB was focusing on Hibs!

The Harp
03-06-2014, 10:16 AM
I'm currently very happy that he's not yet made any. It gives me hope that we are planning to bin him:agree::flag:

Don't like to see anyone lose their job, and it will cost us if we have to fire him, but it could cost us a lot more if we leave him in the hot seat. Certainly haven't seen anything since he arrived to suggest he can turn things around for us.

Jim44
03-06-2014, 10:17 AM

They probably didn't want to spoil his holiday by sending his P45 so I guess we might have to wait a few weeks. That'll give the new guy a few weeks to get it all sorted out. :rolleyes:

The_Horde
03-06-2014, 10:19 AM
If pre season starts after the World Cup then I see no issues. He's already identified the players he wants and he's easily enough contacted by cellular device or otherwise.

Winston Ingram
03-06-2014, 10:22 AM
Don't like to see anyone lose their job, and it will cost us if we have to fire him, but it could cost us a lot more if we leave him in the hot seat. Certainly haven't seen anything since he arrived to suggest he can turn things around for us.

I keep hearing this. It's utter nonsense.

How can keeping an incapable clown with a track record that peaks briefly at mediocrity and plateaus at failure be cheaper than having half empty stadiums and missing out on promotion this year. :confused:

Ozyhibby
03-06-2014, 10:29 AM
;4045782']If pre season starts after the World Cup then I see no issues. He's already identified the players he wants and he's easily enough contacted by cellular device or otherwise.

I have a problem with it. Sometimes when you are hiring people it's best done face to face.
Say a players has a choice between us and Hearts, we're both offering the same deal.
The player speaks to Terry on the phone from Brazil and he tells him to head down to the stadium where someone will show him round and down to East mains. Agree to call back tomorrow to finalise the deal.
He then speaks to Levein/Neilson who offers to meet him at the airport, show him round Edinburgh, places to live etc. quick visit to the stadium (don't want to put him off) and out to Riccarton. The whole time the player is given the spiel about the project to return Hearts to the top and building a relationship with the player.
Who would you sign for?
I have a big problem with him taking a month of during the transfer window.

The_Horde
03-06-2014, 10:30 AM
Who is Terry working for at the World Cup?

Hibbyradge
03-06-2014, 10:33 AM
:music: "Butcher - Holiday - World Cup - Signings

Everybody - Talk about - Resigning"

:music:

© M 1979

flash
03-06-2014, 10:42 AM
I keep hearing this. It's utter nonsense.

How can keeping an incapable clown with a track record that peaks briefly at mediocrity and plateaus at failure be cheaper than having half empty stadiums and missing out on promotion this year. :confused:

That will be a mediocre 4th place finish and second when he left.

We aspire to that mediocrity.

Speedway
03-06-2014, 10:57 AM
:music: "Butcher - Holiday - World Cup - Signings

Everybody - Talk about - Resigning"

:music:

© M 1979

:thumbsup:

Shoo-be-do-be-do-wop, you gave us relegation

Bopbop shoowop, we formed a delegation

Hibbyradge
03-06-2014, 11:11 AM
:thumbsup:

Shoo-be-do-be-do-wop, you gave us relegation

Bopbop shoowop, we formed a delegation

:aok:

:partyhibb

GreenLake
03-06-2014, 12:02 PM
I have a problem with it. Sometimes when you are hiring people it's best done face to face.
Say a players has a choice between us and Hearts, we're both offering the same deal.
The player speaks to Terry on the phone from Brazil and he tells him to head down to the stadium where someone will show him round and down to East mains. Agree to call back tomorrow to finalise the deal.
He then speaks to Levein/Neilson who offers to meet him at the airport, show him round Edinburgh, places to live etc. quick visit to the stadium (don't want to put him off) and out to Riccarton. The whole time the player is given the spiel about the project to return Hearts to the top and building a relationship with the player.
Who would you sign for?

Leeann will do a better job of showing players around and she probably has a more interesting conversation about football than these two. :greengrin

Biggie
03-06-2014, 12:02 PM
Who would you sign for?

hibs :greengrin

Biggie
03-06-2014, 12:05 PM

I dont like to see "normal" people lose their jobs either, but this is a guy on >£100/150k a year !...who's probably a millionaire already....and (for some bizarre reason) will probably walk into another job when it suits him....so no sympathy from me....

Winston Ingram
03-06-2014, 01:00 PM
That will be a mediocre 4th place finish and second when he left.

We aspire to that mediocrity.

Is that supposed to be impressive? 4th in 12 team league and his league position 9 weeks into a season. That's me told:hilarious

flash
03-06-2014, 01:03 PM
Is that supposed to be impressive? 4th in 12 team league and his league position 9 weeks into a season. That's me told:hilarious

It is for a club of ICTs size and you know that.

I think he should probably go but not to the extent that I will just come out with any old pish to justify my opinion.

Winston Ingram
03-06-2014, 01:19 PM
It is for a club of ICTs size and you know that.

I think he should probably go but not to the extent that I will just come out with any old pish to justify my opinion.

I also know that clubs of similar size, like Motherwell and St J finished above them. I also know newly promoted Ross County finished just 1 point behind them.

I also know that the bigger clubs Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen were an absolute shambles last season.

It's decent for a club of ICT's size in the SPL but hardly jaw dropping.

brog
03-06-2014, 01:44 PM
I also know that clubs of similar size, like Motherwell and St J finished above them. I also know newly promoted Ross County finished just 1 point behind them.

I also know that the bigger clubs Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen were an absolute shambles last season.

Aberdeen finished 3rd, won a cup & lost, to the winners in a semi final in the other. Oh, & their manager won Manager of the Year. Wish we had that shambles!

The_Horde
03-06-2014, 02:12 PM

What gives us the divine right to be better than ICT, St Johnstone, Motherwell?

The_Horde
03-06-2014, 02:43 PM
Who would you sign for?

I actually see your point here. Can only think that maybe that's what the new DOF is here to do? Or Leeann?

Has there ever been confirmation that TB is away and if so who's he working for over there?

Winston Ingram
03-06-2014, 02:46 PM
Aberdeen finished 3rd, won a cup & lost, to the winners in a semi final in the other. Oh, & their manager won Manager of the Year. Wish we had that shambles!

Get yer seasons right. We were talking about the season when TB hit the pinnacle of his career.

Winston Ingram
03-06-2014, 02:48 PM
;4046137']What gives us the divine right to be better than ICT, St Johnstone, Motherwell?

We don't have a divine right. We have a right to expect to do better because we rake in about treble the amount of income they do.

The_Horde
03-06-2014, 04:10 PM
We don't have a divine right. We have a right to expect to do better because we rake in about treble the amount of income they do.

Money doesn't always = results. Not as long as Petrie is at the helm.

Nobody has confirmed TB is at the World Cup and nobody knows who he's doing punditry for so I'm going to put this with the "hibs squad in Tenerife" nonsense bracket for now.

#2 Double Tap
03-06-2014, 06:27 PM
Who would you sign for?

hibs :greengrin

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

Ozyhibby
03-06-2014, 06:36 PM
;4046273']Money doesn't always = results. Not as long as Petrie is at the helm.

Nobody has confirmed TB is at the World Cup and nobody knows who he's doing punditry for so I'm going to put this with the "hibs squad in Tenerife" nonsense bracket for now.

What are they doing in Tenerife?

Lewis77
03-06-2014, 06:47 PM
OK, OK...! I'm in my late thirties now and possibly a stone/stone and a half over-weight but I'm willing to do it! I'll get the excess bulk aff over the summer and I'll play fer the team next season, that is if we're really struggling with financing new signings. Never played professional football, but neither did we from what I saw last season! Be Dum Bum... smash of the cymbal..!

Anyway, is anyone else up fer it?

brog
03-06-2014, 07:11 PM
Get yer seasons right. We were talking about the season when TB hit the pinnacle of his career.

You may have been but the keek on here makes it impossible to follow logic or history. And if it's not this season in which other season did TB leave ICT?

The_Horde
03-06-2014, 08:58 PM
What are they doing in Tenerife?

Someone put up a thread asking if the players were in Tenerife training when they were actually at Spartans pre play off.