PDA

View Full Version : James Collins to Shrewsbury

Pages : [1] 2

Bronson
02-06-2014, 09:59 PM
Rumour doing the rounds on twitter that he's away back to Shrewsbury, apparently there's a thread on their fans forum about it but i can't be bothered looking. Apologies if this is already mentioned elsewhere.

Good riddance IMO. I wanted him to be a success, I really did, but he just does not have it I'm afraid. Or if he does, he never showed it in a hibs shirt.

Gordy M
02-06-2014, 10:08 PM
Yeh they have a two page thread on it, not sure how to copy a link. They all seem pretty keen for him to sign. Its on the 'blue and amber' fans forum.

Cropley10
02-06-2014, 10:08 PM
Does he need a lift down there?

SMAXXA
02-06-2014, 10:09 PM
http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/87801/james-collins

silverhibee
02-06-2014, 10:14 PM
This is very good news Hibs fans. :partyhibb

EdinMike
02-06-2014, 10:16 PM
So how much of the money are we getting back for him then ?!

erskine-hibby
02-06-2014, 10:16 PM
"He's a striker, he scores goals"
Could have fooled me.
If he does go, good luck to him. It will free up a(nother) wage.

Northernhibee
02-06-2014, 10:17 PM
Disappointed that our style of play didn't match up with the player he was - you don't score hat tricks against English premier league teams or score four goals as a sub if you're not a good player. Wish him well at Shrewsbury - always put in a shift with us even if it never really paid off.

greenpaper55
Anybody would struggle to score goals when you play with your back to goals all the time, no width to bring the forwards in to play is a recipe for disaster.

J-C
Enjoyed George St too much, no loss to Hibs

Hibeesmad
Don't be surprised to see McGivern and Heffernan following him out the door

LancsHibs
02-06-2014, 10:19 PM
I thought he will do a job for us next season in the championship but if he goes all the better!

Wotherspiniesta
02-06-2014, 10:29 PM
Enjoyed George St too much, no loss to Hibs

No surprise that his form dipped as the season wore on. Guess thats what seeing the bright lights of Edinburgh City does to some players.

I was with him for most of the season, claiming that he needed more service. He seemed to get progressively worse each week and that fresh air swipe from 5 yards out against Hearts summed him up. A clumsy, clumsy footballer, who would struggle to score in the Scottish Championship.

Cya.

Unseen work
02-06-2014, 10:30 PM
Would be quite disappointed if he left but that's just cause I'm desperate for him to come good and prove a point

Depends obviously who butcher has in mind to replace him

Hibby70
02-06-2014, 10:31 PM
He wasn't very good but you can't fault him for effort. If he goes he goes with my best wishes.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-06-2014, 10:36 PM
He wasn't very good but you can't fault him for effort. If he goes he goes with my best wishes.

This.

McIntosh
02-06-2014, 10:37 PM
It seem that he is to be sold for £125,000 and three players are to be released on free contracts. They include Nelson, Heffernan and McGivern. They have by all accounts found clubs.

SteveHFC
02-06-2014, 10:40 PM
It seem that he is to be sold for £125,000 and three players are to be released on free contracts. They include Nelson, Heffernan and McGivern. They have by all accounts found clubs.

http://i.imgflip.com/fdg6.gif

CRAZYHIBBY
02-06-2014, 10:43 PM
Ill carry him down there if I have to

McIntosh
02-06-2014, 10:43 PM
It is amazing that they have found clubs so easily after our relegation debacle. Either the clubs think they are good players badly managed or simply unlucky. The swiftness of this, in my opinion is still surprising in the circumstances.

madhatter
02-06-2014, 10:48 PM
It is amazing that they have found clubs so easily after our relegation debacle. Either the clubs think they are good players badly managed or simply unlucky. The swiftness of this, in my opinion is still surprising in the circumstances.

You sure about Nelson, McGivern and Heffernan? I'd be happy for them to leave. Nothing personal but they did partake in our fall.

Jonnyboy
02-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Good luck to the laddie

Unseen work
02-06-2014, 10:50 PM

You been told this is a possibility?

Any news of players comin in?

EdinMike
02-06-2014, 10:50 PM
Got any Sauce McIntosh ?!

I honestly don't care, I just had to cause it rhymed :greengrin

Hibby 2005
02-06-2014, 10:54 PM
Disappointed that our style of play didn't match up with the player he was - you don't score hat tricks against English premier league teams or score four goals as a sub if you're not a good player. Wish him well at Shrewsbury - always put in a shift with us even if it never really paid off.

Yup. He got no service as we had no wingers/wide men who could cross a ball and he was often left on his own up front. No doubt he'll bang them in next season.

Diclonius
02-06-2014, 10:57 PM

http://replygif.net/i/163.gif

McIntosh
02-06-2014, 10:58 PM
Got any Sauce McIntosh ?!

I honestly don't care, I just had to cause it rhymed :greengrin

I have one nephew who is the Marketing manager for a Scottish Premiership club the other is a journalist. My older nephew told me in December the TB would get us relegated though he rates Malpas very highly. Both ironically are hearts fans though the younger was a Mascot when he was a kid at Celtic. When our supporters find out two of the players that we have approached this forum will go into melt down. I am not going to discuss it here but I know when and where they met. If you want to PM me i will let you know.

SteveHFC
02-06-2014, 10:59 PM
I have one nephew who is the Marketing manager for a Scottish Premiership club the other is a journalist. My older nephew told me in December the TB would get us relegated though he rates Malpas very highly. Both ironically are hearts fans though the younger was a Mascot when he was a kid at Celtic. When our supporters find out two of the players that we have approached this forum will go into melt down. I am not going to discuss it here but I know when and where they met. If you want to PM me i will let you know.

Can i PM you? :greengrin

Diclonius

Name them.

Bronson

Where you hearing this?

McIntosh
02-06-2014, 11:04 PM
Where you hearing this?

I repeat - I have one nephew who is the Marketing manager for a Scottish Premiership club the other is a journalist. My older nephew told me in December the TB would get us relegated though he rates Malpas very highly. He told me this at all place at the funeral of my father and obviously his Grandfather. Both ironically are hearts fans though the younger was a Mascot when he was a kid at Celtic.

Unseen work
02-06-2014, 11:05 PM

Pm the names please

madhatter
02-06-2014, 11:11 PM
I repeat - I have one nephew who is the Marketing manager for a Scottish Premiership club the other is a journalist. My older nephew told me in December the TB would get us relegated though he rates Malpas very highly. He told me this at all place at the funeral of my father and obviously his Grandfather. Both ironically are hearts fans though the younger was a Mascot when he was a kid at Celtic.

Pm sent but I'm guessing your going to keep tight lipped.
My condolences regarding your father.

SteveHFC
02-06-2014, 11:11 PM
Pm the names please

and me :greengrin

Sir David Gray
02-06-2014, 11:13 PM
Good luck to him but it's for the best if it's true.

Apart from his goal in the New Year derby, it really hasn't worked out for him.

EdinMike
02-06-2014, 11:18 PM
Good luck to him but it's for the best if it's true.

Apart from his goal in the New Year derby, it really hasn't worked out for him.

Am I right in thinking that was the last time he scored.. Woe is me if its right !

Edit: Nope he scored against St Mirren... A few weeks later January eh...

The_Horde
02-06-2014, 11:21 PM
The two players are Colin Nish to replace Collins and Andy McNeil to replace williams.

Callum_62
02-06-2014, 11:26 PM
;4045373']The two players are Colin Nish to replace Collins and Andy McNeil to replace williams.

Wrong

Derek Riordan replaces Collins

Garry Oconnor replaces Williams and fills the whole goal

:wink:

SteveHFC
02-06-2014, 11:27 PM
;4045373']The two players are Colin Nish to replace Collins and Andy McNeil to replace williams.

Amadou Konte to replace Collins

Makalamby to replace Williams

Baader
02-06-2014, 11:28 PM
It was our lack of goals that relegated us. Rubbish as our defence looked they were statistically average - least conceded in bottom 6, one more than Dundee Utd in 4th. Goals for was shocking - Hertz outscoring us by 14.

Collins tried by just not up to it. Swindon fan at my work warned me before the season began that his hat trick v Stoke flattered a bit...

The_Horde
02-06-2014, 11:41 PM
It was our lack of goals that relegated us. Rubbish as our defence looked they were statistically average - least conceded in bottom 6, one more than Dundee Utd in 4th. Goals for was shocking - Hertz outscoring us by 14.

Collins tried by just not up to it. Swindon fan at my work warned me before the season began that his hat trick v Stoke flattered a bit...

The whole season we failed to click in attack. We were solid at the back at times but too hesitant, predictable and one paced going forward. It was a lack of confidence mixed with a lack of creativity and leadership.

I think even Leigh would've struggled to make chances for himself this season.

beensaidbefore
02-06-2014, 11:47 PM

Agreed, on the whole we were pi$h poor this season and while he has some blame at his door, i believe given the right type of service, that he could actually score a few for us next season.

Iain G
03-06-2014, 12:11 AM
Name them.

How long til we are linked to the tattoo'd freak at Hearts :greengrin

Callum_62
03-06-2014, 12:28 AM

Hes left now I believe

Wouldnt be a bad siging for the Championship btw

Tin helmet firmly on!!

Bronson
03-06-2014, 12:32 AM
Hes left now I believe

Wouldnt be a bad siging for the Championship btw

Tin helmet firmly on!!

He's dug sh*te and an absolute welt. Hated by hibs fans and the feeling is mutual, would be a disaster of a signing.

Diclonius
03-06-2014, 12:42 AM

I'd take him.

Slicer
03-06-2014, 12:56 AM

Given the negativity recently, do you mean melt down as in, "Signing that huddy??? He's f'in useless!" x5 pages??

Callum_62
03-06-2014, 01:07 AM
He's dug sh*te and an absolute welt. Hated by hibs fans and the feeling is mutual, would be a disaster of a signing.

Welt has nothing to do with it

We probaly need more 'welts' in our side, as we are far too soft

Scored double figures last season btw.

Wont happen anyways, so no point arguing over it

I wouldnt mind if he signed though

MyJo
03-06-2014, 02:10 AM
http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/The-Office.gif

MyJo
03-06-2014, 02:12 AM
http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Anchorman.gif

greenlex
03-06-2014, 02:15 AM
Good luck to the laddie

Very much so JC. Shame it didn't work out. If it had we would not have gone down.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-06-2014, 03:21 AM
Good luck James. Shame it never worked out for you here. All the best.

Thanks for the great memory of scoring that goal vs the yams in the New Year derby at ER. :thumbsup:

lapsedhibee
03-06-2014, 03:50 AM

Not usually even a good idea to bring back former heroes, but to be signing two former scapegoats definitely a gamble. At least they've been playing continuously since they left, though, so they'll be reasonably fit. The two that I'd heard were coming would have spent half the season getting up to speed (Riordan and Satchel).

Two more Hibbies in the team! (How many does that make - two?) :flag:

davym7062
03-06-2014, 05:43 AM
Anybody would struggle to score goals when you play with your back to goals all the time, no width to bring the forwards in to play is a recipe for disaster.

he didny have his back to goal when he missed that sitter v them. good riddance

eggbamyasi
03-06-2014, 05:50 AM
Meltdown as in bad or meltdown as in good ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

BSEJVT
03-06-2014, 05:56 AM
Collins was the worst forward I have seen at ER in nearly 50 years, utterly hopeless.

I will beso relieved if he has gone

Onceinawhile
03-06-2014, 06:22 AM
Collins was the worst forward I have seen at ER in nearly 50 years, utterly hopeless.

I will beso relieved if he has gone

Paul tosh and lee power were worse imo.

Waxy
03-06-2014, 06:29 AM
Kuqi

gorgie greens
03-06-2014, 06:36 AM
Hurtado the tank ,you could nae stick a sheet of sandpaper under is feet if he jumped

PeterboroHibee
03-06-2014, 06:38 AM
Cant say Ill be sorry to see him go. Although I dont think hes blameless (poor service and tactics made us very blunt going forward), he did miss a lot of easy chances. What puzzles me is why we signed him in the first place. We had spent all summer trying to sign Griffiths, then sign a guy who is the complete opposite of him. Very strange decision by Fenlon. Obviously we cant be overly picky with players, but it seems a lot of effort was put into getting him when he didnt really fit what we needed as a striker.

we are hibs
03-06-2014, 06:40 AM
if they offer 125k for him take it and run. Disaster of a signing.

Gustavo Fring
03-06-2014, 06:40 AM

id rather have lee power than james collins any day . same goes for tosh

Tricla
03-06-2014, 06:41 AM
Griffiths or Deeks wouldn't have scored in that team last season.

Feel for Collins.

Waxy
03-06-2014, 07:02 AM
Again i'd keep collins.one year left on contract at half wage. Makes sense.

Albanian Hibs
03-06-2014, 07:02 AM

Pm me please

nribs
03-06-2014, 07:12 AM
I have one nephew who is the Marketing manager for a Scottish Premiership club the other is a journalist. My older nephew told me in December the TB would get us relegated though he rates Malpas very highly. Both ironically are hearts fans though the younger was a Mascot when he was a kid at Celtic. When our supporters find out two of the players that we have approached this forum will go into melt down. I am not going to discuss it here but I know when and where they met. If you want to PM me i will let you know.I'll take a pm :)

Ronniekirk
03-06-2014, 07:12 AM
Again i'd keep collins.one year left on contract at half wage. Makes sense.

I thought he held out for a three year contract could be wrong though .

PeterboroHibee
03-06-2014, 07:13 AM

Ill have a PM of the names please.

Berwickhibby
03-06-2014, 07:18 AM
PM for me to please :greengrin

Golden Bear
03-06-2014, 07:32 AM
PM for me to please :greengrin

Can you please PM me when you receive your PM?

:greengrin

hibIBZ
03-06-2014, 07:33 AM

I'll take a pm if they are going, thanks

h185forever
03-06-2014, 07:38 AM

Can I have a PM please ?

stantonhibby
03-06-2014, 07:40 AM

PM please !!

stoneyburn hibs
03-06-2014, 07:40 AM

PM please mate

Sudds_1
03-06-2014, 07:43 AM
Wrong

Derek Riordan replaces Collins

Garry Oconnor replaces Williams and fills the whole goal

all wrong....................

its Nade in goals......... (but we need to extend them so he'll fit)

Del Boy
03-06-2014, 07:46 AM
PM please!!

stoneyburn hibs
03-06-2014, 07:48 AM
I think Collins would come good for us given a second season.
That said, if it is to be Butcher in charge for next season then maybe the guy is better away.

HH81
03-06-2014, 07:49 AM
What the hell is a pm going to do? In time we will all discover if he goes or not. Who has told him doesnt really matter.

keep the faith
03-06-2014, 07:51 AM

A PM would be appreciated mate.

spike220
03-06-2014, 07:53 AM
PM would make my week.

Coco Bryce
03-06-2014, 07:54 AM

PM me please :greengrin

1875er
03-06-2014, 07:58 AM
Can I havea PM too please!

NadeAteMyLunch!
03-06-2014, 08:03 AM
Pm please. Ta

lapsedhibee
03-06-2014, 08:03 AM
Can you please PM me when you receive your PM?

:greengrin

:agree: I'll only be interested in a PM if it's gone through several other PMs first. It'll be far more interesting by then. Probably prices will be included, such as Three And Fourpence. And speculation about clubbing habits - in particular, some sort of Dance may be mentioned.

Diclonius
03-06-2014, 08:05 AM
Y'know what, I'd like a PM too.

Speedway
03-06-2014, 08:05 AM
I don't want a PM.

lapsedhibee
03-06-2014, 08:07 AM
I don't want a PM.

Divisive. This is a time we should be sticking together. You're playing right into Rod's hands.

andy1875
03-06-2014, 08:07 AM
PM please anaw mate!

Cheers

spike220
03-06-2014, 08:09 AM
:shocked:

Speedway
03-06-2014, 08:10 AM
So from the disgrace of two weeks ago:

Williams - Gone
Maybury - Gone
Stevenson - STILL here
Craig - About to sign for the perth saints
Nelson - About to sign on
McGivern - About to sign for someone
Heffernan - About to sign for Carlisle
Robertson - retained
Haynes - Gone
Stanton - retained
Cummings - about to sign for the perth saints
Harris - retained
Cairney - gone
Collins - about to sign for the shrews
Tudur Jones - retained
Murdoch - gone
Forster - retained
Thomson -gone

Speedway
03-06-2014, 08:12 AM
Divisive. This is a time we should be sticking together. You're playing right into Rod's hands.

Nah, Rod told Dempster to tell me she had full authority to tell me not to want one.

johnbc70
03-06-2014, 08:13 AM
So who is it then? Why the cloak and dagger approach with the PMs.

Thecat23
03-06-2014, 08:15 AM
I think Collins would come good for us given a second season.
That said, if it is to be Butcher in charge for next season then maybe the guy is better away.

If he's here. As I posted day after we went down he told a few players he was off!!

For what's it worth I think he'd score goal in the championship and if he does go I wish him all the best.

spike220
03-06-2014, 08:15 AM

Williams - Gone
Maybury - Gone
Stevenson - STILL here
Robertson - retained
Haynes - Gone
Stanton - retained
Harris - retained
Cairney - gone
Tudur Jones - retained
Murdoch - gone
Forster - retained
Thomson -gone

Why is Cummings going?

spike220
03-06-2014, 08:17 AM
if they offer 125k for him take it and run. Disaster of a signing.

I think each thread is feeding the other, I am not sure if there is anything in this?

CallumLaidlaw
03-06-2014, 08:17 AM

Williams - Gone
Maybury - Gone
Stevenson - STILL here
Robertson - retained
Haynes - Gone
Stanton - retained
Harris - retained
Cairney - gone
Tudur Jones - retained
Murdoch - gone
Forster - retained
Thomson -gone

That would be what I would be hoping for but have horrible feelings about Mcgivern and Nelson. Who is gonna want them?

GordonHFC
03-06-2014, 08:18 AM
Nah, Rod told Dempster to tell me she had full authority to tell me not to want one.

Demonstration required outside your house, Saturday 11.30am.

Cracker
03-06-2014, 08:18 AM
PM me please :greengrin

Pm me please with names , thank you .

green day
03-06-2014, 08:19 AM
So who is it then? Why the cloak and dagger approach with the PMs.

knowledge is power..........if all the ITK people on here were really 'ITK' they must be, respectively, Rod, TB, MM and LeeAnn in disguise !!

Cameron1875
03-06-2014, 08:19 AM
Has zero attributes to be a footballer. Total bottom of the english league dross.

NOLA
03-06-2014, 08:23 AM
Has zero attributes to be a footballer. Total bottom of the english league dross.
he scored more goals than adam rooney in the same league but we'd all be happy with rooney im guessing :wink:

hibees 7062
03-06-2014, 08:27 AM
PM please

Keith_M
03-06-2014, 08:34 AM
I don't want a PM either.

Speedway is sleeping with Leean and I get all my news direct from him

He's the Mata-Hari of the Hibs forums

number 27
03-06-2014, 08:35 AM
he scored more goals than adam rooney in the same league but we'd all be happy with rooney im guessing :wink:

We would be happy with Rooney if he played well and scored goals for Hibs, something Collins has failed to do. I dont really care what Collins did elsewhere I have seen him play for hibs and he is hopeless. This would be the best news I have heard in a long time if true.

J-C
03-06-2014, 08:36 AM
I'll take a pm too if still going

Unseen work
03-06-2014, 08:38 AM
Still not received any pm....

Unseen work
03-06-2014, 08:38 AM
That would be what I would be hoping for but have horrible feelings about Mcgivern and Nelson. Who is gonna want them?

Really can't see Cummings being sold and nelson get signed on

Jim44
03-06-2014, 08:42 AM

Most teams realise that Hibs are and have been an absolutely useless oufit for years, in terms of board, managing and coaching and consequently the playing staff. Astute football managers will recognise footballers when they see them and it's no surprise that a lot of our players will attract teams quickly. I'm not saying all our players have/had potential but quite a few will flourish away from the 'hell' of Easter Road.

Speedway
03-06-2014, 08:42 AM
I don't want a PM either.

Speedway is sleeping with Leean and I get all my news direct from him

He's the Mata-Hari of the Hibs forums

I am NOT the Mata-Hari,

I am the Juan Mata....or Juan Kerr....I can't remember which.

Aldo
03-06-2014, 08:43 AM
Really can't see Cummings being sold and nelson get signed on

Hope Cummings stays but Nelson O dear. I'd rather have a young lad in there rather than him.

NadeAteMyLunch!
03-06-2014, 08:43 AM

Is it the new shredded Nade to replace Collins?

Aldo
03-06-2014, 08:45 AM
I am NOT the Mata-Hari, I am the Juan Mata....or Juan Kerr....I can't remember which.

Mmmmm I'm siding more towards Kerr!! ;-)

Callum_62
03-06-2014, 08:45 AM

Is it the new shredded Nade to replace Collins?

Fair play - losing 25 stone cant be easy

Speedway
03-06-2014, 08:46 AM
Mmmmm I'm siding more towards Kerr!! ;-)

Me too.

By the way, McIntosh wasn't joking when he said this place would go into meltdown....unless you like crayons and Irn-Bru of course.

Aldo
03-06-2014, 08:47 AM
Me too. By the way, McIntosh wasn't joking when he said this place would go into meltdown....unless you like crayons and Irn-Bru of course.

That bad then??

Speedway
03-06-2014, 08:49 AM
That bad then??

Not what many may have been hoping for I fear.

ozwoody
03-06-2014, 08:50 AM
I would appreciate a pm too please.ta

NadeAteMyLunch!
03-06-2014, 08:50 AM
Crayons=tattoo man???

Irn Bru=???

Aldo
03-06-2014, 08:51 AM
Not what many may have been hoping for I fear.

O well will just have to wait and see how it all evolves.

Rattler
Me too.

By the way, McIntosh wasn't joking when he said this place would go into meltdown....unless you like crayons and Irn-Bru of course.

Cryptic clue time?!

Aldo
Crayons=tattoo man??? Irn Bru=???

Think bout who makes it and there you have a name!!

Rattler
03-06-2014, 08:52 AM
[QUOTE=NadeAteMyLunch!;4045648]Crayons=tattoo man???

Irn Bru=??? Maybe ex Falkirk/Yam/Killie type?

NadeAteMyLunch!
03-06-2014, 08:55 AM
Barr??! Jeez!!

Juice-Terry
03-06-2014, 08:55 AM
I'll take a pm :)

Would love a pm as well. Cheers.

Aldo
03-06-2014, 08:57 AM
Barr??! Jeez!!

:-)

What took you so long ;-)

lapsedhibee
03-06-2014, 09:00 AM
Still not received any pm....

Too late now, it's all oot. Barr and Stevenson on 4-year deals. Probably.

Kaiserclem
03-06-2014, 09:02 AM
Fresh air swipe against Hearts aside, Collins always grafted and was always having to come too deep looking for the ball as there was no service. Needs to play up front as part of a pairing and I think he would do a job no problem. Even more so in the Championship. The service he got from out wide was non-existent from Harris (terrible crosser of a ball) and the hoof ball was no good as when he played he would knock it onto nobody as he was up front alone. Wish him all the best!

Hibeesmad
03-06-2014, 09:03 AM
Imagine the scenes if Stevenson and Barr actually signed for Hibs 😂

Callum_62
03-06-2014, 09:03 AM
Me too.

I reckon both wouldn't be bad acquisitions in the Championship btw - id avoid Hibs.net for a while tho if either happens....

Unseen work
03-06-2014, 09:05 AM
Would be fine if it was Barr and Stevenson. Both are winners and have the correct attitude. Stevenson hit double figures from midfield too

EdinMike
03-06-2014, 09:08 AM
I'll throw my neck out there and say 'Highly Unlikely'

But ide like both of them, when was the last time you saw a Hibs player with that kind of grit, and determination ?!

GordonHFC
03-06-2014, 09:10 AM
Heard that Stevenson was another one talking to Dundee.

Hibeesmad
03-06-2014, 09:12 AM
Heard that Stevenson was another one talking to Dundee.

I've heard Barr has held talks with them too!

BSEJVT
03-06-2014, 09:13 AM

I am absolutely convinced he is worse than them, at least they could raise a gallop

HibbySpurs
03-06-2014, 09:13 AM
Y'know what, I'd like a PM too.

You know what, why not, can I hve one too:thumbsup:

BSEJVT
03-06-2014, 09:14 AM
Kuqi

At least Kuqi had once been a player

R'Albin
03-06-2014, 09:17 AM
Can I have a PM because I feel lonely :(

HibbySpurs
03-06-2014, 09:17 AM
Think bout who makes it and there you have a name!!

Crayola:greengrin

BSEJVT
03-06-2014, 09:18 AM
Fresh air swipe against Hearts aside, Collins always grafted and was always having to come too deep looking for the ball as there was no service. Needs to play up front as part of a pairing and I think he would do a job no problem. Even more so in the Championship. The service he got from out wide was non-existent from Harris (terrible crosser of a ball) and the hoof ball was no good as when he played he would knock it onto nobody as he was up front alone. Wish him all the best!

Collins couldn't score in a barrel of fannies

The service to him was very poor, no arguments but the number of times he missed simple chances was incredible

Any time he had the chance to think he was screwed, that is not a natural goalscorer

Billychaotic182
03-06-2014, 09:20 AM
I will have a pm as well if they are still going

Diclonius
03-06-2014, 09:24 AM
I'd be happy if we signed Stevenson. :duck:

Barr on the other hand is a toss up between defensive midfielder #389238 or a crap centre back. No thanks.

Saint Hibee
03-06-2014, 09:25 AM
I was at nearly every home game this season, and I can't remember Collins winning a single header. You'd think that getting the chance to win headers would be the one thing the unrelenting "hoofball" would have offered him ...

nribs
03-06-2014, 09:26 AM
Imagine the scenes if Stevenson and Barr actually signed for Hibs 😂

I'd have them at ER but I doubt very much that either of them will sign. Not convinced we are after them?

EdinMike
03-06-2014, 09:28 AM
Hey, let's not all be doom and gloom. I'll cheer us up...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-fans-forget-griffiths-james-2108316

You're welcome !

hibeesjoe
03-06-2014, 09:34 AM
Can I join the PM party aswell please.

allezsauzee
03-06-2014, 09:34 AM

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-fans-forget-griffiths-james-2108316

You're welcome !

That did make me chortle...especially the quote "James is a brilliant finisher" :faf:

weonlywon6-2
03-06-2014, 09:35 AM
Would be fine if it was Barr and Stevenson. Both are winners and have the correct attitude. Stevenson hit double figures from midfield too

Stevo stevo !!!!!!

Cmon ryan you know it makes sense ,just to annoy the jambos,god im so sad !

Aldo
03-06-2014, 09:45 AM
Stevo stevo !!!!!! Cmon ryan you know it makes sense ,just to annoy the jambos,god im so sad !

You said it!!! ;-)

happiehibbie
03-06-2014, 09:52 AM
IMO Jameas collins did not get the service we played HOOF ball up to him constantly

he was played on his own most of the time

players come to ER and something happens WHAT i dont know

example

Liam Craig ist season at SJ 15 goals 2nd season 20 or more comes to Hibs cant pass the ball 10 ft

Scott Robertson Scottish Internationalist comes to hibs Nothing

KT transfered twice for 2million played for scotland Euro cup finals comes to er cant get a game

On Paper this is a terrific midfield IMO on the pitch too our issue was we missed them out and punted the ball up to collins on his own

I belive we had a good squad of players asked to play the game diffrent to how they played the game.

Hibernianinc
03-06-2014, 10:02 AM
Ok, if Barr and the tattoo'd ****wit are in talks, and Butcher is away on hols, but not (yet) sacked.....

Who is driving these discussions?

Are we saying that after getting us relegated, Butcher gave his 'darkest day' interview, then told Petrie "get me those two boys from herts, that'll cheer the troops right up, catch you in 2...."

Or....

Someone with an 'executive' rather than 'footballing' remit is driving this.....?

:confused:

portycabbage
03-06-2014, 10:03 AM

You're welcome !

"Hibs fans will forget about Griffiths when James Collins finds his feet" - why did no-one tell him they're at the end of his ****ing legs, it might have saved us a lot of bother!:greengrin

Speedway
03-06-2014, 10:05 AM
Ok, if Barr and the tattoo'd ****wit are in talks, and Butcher is away on hols, but not (yet) sacked.....

Who is driving these discussions?

Are we saying that after getting us relegated, Butcher gave his 'darkest day' interview, then told Petrie "get me those two boys from herts, that'll cheer the troops right up, catch you in 2...."

Or....

Someone with an 'executive' rather than 'footballing' remit is driving this.....?

:confused:

As has already been confirmed over and over again, Dempster now has full control to make all financial and footballing decisions (including contracts) once they are sanctioned by Rod.

Hibernianinc
03-06-2014, 10:14 AM
As has already been confirmed over and over again, Dempster now has full control to make all financial and footballing decisions (including contracts) once they are sanctioned by Rod.

Including choosing which players we buy???

Gus Fring
03-06-2014, 10:19 AM
Have I stumbled on to Kickback with all this "gimme a PM" chat :confused:

Anyway, somebody PM me, I'm a nosey bassa

Speedway
03-06-2014, 10:19 AM
Including choosing which players we buy???

Well of course not, Rod does that.

Hibernianinc
03-06-2014, 10:20 AM

Ahhh. See what you did there :wink:

silverhibee
03-06-2014, 11:04 AM

And Rooney has scored more in half a season than Collins got in a season here.

rcarter1
03-06-2014, 11:12 AM
Collins worked hard, and showed good touch and strength and attempts at link play at the start. If he was a good finisher once, he could be again. He does lack pace however. The 'style' we played meant his strengths were wasted, and his weaknesses exposed. Confidence shot his finishing went down the tubes as well. Decent player and expect him do well in the right team. Sad to see him go, but probably best for both parties.

silverhibee
03-06-2014, 11:13 AM
IMO Jameas collins did not get the service we played HOOF ball up to him constantly

he was played on his own most of the time

players come to ER and something happens WHAT i dont know

example

Liam Craig ist season at SJ 15 goals 2nd season 20 or more comes to Hibs cant pass the ball 10 ft

Scott Robertson Scottish Internationalist comes to hibs Nothing

KT transfered twice for 2million played for scotland Euro cup finals comes to er cant get a game

On Paper this is a terrific midfield IMO on the pitch too our issue was we missed them out and punted the ball up to collins on his own

I belive we had a good squad of players asked to play the game diffrent to how they played the game.

Where did you get those stats from. :wink:

Hermit Crab
03-06-2014, 11:18 AM
Anyone received a pm yet?

southsider
03-06-2014, 11:21 AM
We are getting shot of a bad junior and getting money. OMG the last time we were this lucky was with Brian Hamilton.

.Sean.
03-06-2014, 11:27 AM
I'd be tempted to give them another 200 grand to take the **** back.

Humpy. File alongside Trakys, Sowunmi, Duffy and Agogo.

.Sean.
03-06-2014, 11:30 AM
Ps if anyone fancies pm'ing the names it'd be much obliged.

jacomo
03-06-2014, 11:37 AM
Collins worked hard, and showed good touch and strength and attempts at link play at the start. If he was a good finisher once, he could be again. He does lack pace however. The 'style' we played meant his strengths were wasted, and his weaknesses exposed. Confidence shot his finishing went down the tubes as well. Decent player and expect him do well in the right team. Sad to see him go, but probably best for both parties.

Can't say I've seen Collins' 'good touch'. Still, I do think he has some qualities and could come good for us. But sounds like he is away.

The_Horde
03-06-2014, 11:38 AM
The names have already been mentioned in this thread.

Keith_M
03-06-2014, 11:38 AM
Ps if anyone fancies pm'ing the names it'd be much obliged.

Jeezo, can't you people read?

It's Barr and Stevenson.

This is a hibs.net FACT!

.Sean.
03-06-2014, 11:41 AM
Barr and Stevenson. How silly of me :greengrin I'd send my season ticket back if they were signed. Thankfully, I'm 99.999999% certain it's nonsense.

SteveHFC
03-06-2014, 11:43 AM
I received a PM :smug:

.Sean.
03-06-2014, 11:44 AM
Forward it :greengrin

SteveHFC
03-06-2014, 11:46 AM
Forward it :greengrin

Done :aok:

ekhibee
03-06-2014, 11:47 AM
Barr and Stevenson. How silly of me :greengrin I'd send my season ticket back if they were signed. Thankfully, I'm 99.999999% certain it's nonsense.

I hope that you're right about it being nonsense, I'll be sending my ticket back too if it's true.

Kato
03-06-2014, 11:48 AM
Jeezo, can't you people read?

It's Barr and Stevenson.

This is a hibs.net FACT!

Yeah, but could you send the info in a PM as it then takes on the aura of covert information and makes me think I'm ITK.

Baader
03-06-2014, 11:56 AM

Can't agree about his touch. Thought it was poor. Just don't see him as a finisher

nribs
03-06-2014, 11:57 AM
The way things are going if Rod Petrie doesn't leave or if Terry Butcher doesn't get sacked of if Hibs sign Stevenson then nobody will be going to see Hibs play as everyone will be returning their season tickets or not renewing or just not paying at the gate :)

BT58
03-06-2014, 12:00 PM

When you pass it on to yer dad,, pass it on to me
Please

brog
03-06-2014, 01:50 PM
I was at nearly every home game this season, and I can't remember Collins winning a single header. You'd think that getting the chance to win headers would be the one thing the unrelenting "hoofball" would have offered him ...

i remember him winning the header for our goal against PT in our 2nd last league match. I also remember 2 scoring headers vs St M!

silverhibee
03-06-2014, 02:04 PM
Anyone received a pm yet?

Yeah

CorrieHibs
03-06-2014, 02:09 PM

Can you PM me please. I want a laugh!

Fat Penlon
03-06-2014, 02:27 PM

Any chance of PMing me to?

Steve20
03-06-2014, 02:29 PM
There is no way we will be signing Barr or Stevenson.

SteveHFC
03-06-2014, 02:29 PM
Any chance of PMing me to?

Fat Penlon
03-06-2014, 02:36 PM

Cheers mate.

cam75
03-06-2014, 02:38 PM

Im out The PM but want in:)
GGTTH

Franck Stanton
03-06-2014, 02:59 PM
There is no way we will be signing Barr or Stevenson.

Hope you are right mate, REALLY hope so. his HAS to be a wind-up , surely. Just when I thought it couldnae get any worse this rumour/wind-up comes along .Better get the wife tae hide he sharp things again. PLEASE GOD _ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Unseen work
03-06-2014, 03:19 PM

Chance of a pm mate?

SteveHFC
03-06-2014, 03:31 PM
Chance of a pm mate?

Me too :greengrin

Thomson
03-06-2014, 03:36 PM

Cheers bud :greengrin

EdinMike
03-06-2014, 03:41 PM
Oh for ****.. What are you girls whispering about ?! :wink:

nribs
03-06-2014, 03:44 PM

I didn't can you forward it ? Heard it was Stevenson and Barr but can't be sure :)

SteveHFC
03-06-2014, 03:50 PM
I didn't can you forward it ? Heard it was Stevenson and Barr but can't be sure :)

:aok:

nribs
03-06-2014, 03:52 PM
:aok:

Cheers :)

h185forever
03-06-2014, 03:56 PM
Any chance of a PM .

Yuillsy
03-06-2014, 03:58 PM
With so many PM'S flying about surely it's just as well confirming if it's Barr and Stevenson you're talking about?
If it's not I'll have a PM!😆

ScottM1875
03-06-2014, 04:01 PM
PM if possible...?

Hermit Crab
03-06-2014, 04:02 PM
With so many PM'S flying about surely it's just as well confirming if it's Barr and Stevenson you're talking about?
If it's not I'll have a PM!

Someone pm me the juicy gossip please.

madhatter
03-06-2014, 04:02 PM
Why is the hush-hush continuing, is the cat not out the bag now? Stevenson is being chased by Dundee, St Mirren and Partick so I see him ending up there. Barr may end up at us and MacDonald also. However, I find McGovern, McFadden, Taylor Sinclair, Loy, Hemmings, McNulty, Wedderburn, and players from down south being the types of players we'll be after. Bulk being under 25 years old and having something to prove in the game.

Also, Boyce may be on radar since he's a free.

The_Horde
03-06-2014, 04:04 PM
Why is the hush-hush continuing, is the cat not out the bag now? Stevenson is being chased by Dundee, St Mirren and Partick so I see him ending up there. Barr may end up at us and MacDonald also. However, I find McGovern, McFadden, Taylor Sinclair, Loy, Hemmings, McNulty, Wedderburn, and players from down south being the types of players we'll be after. Bulk being under 25 years old and having something to prove in the game.

McNulty signed for Sheff utd.

madhatter
03-06-2014, 04:06 PM
;4046255']McNulty signed for Sheff utd.

I know most of what I listed may have been snapped up - we should be targeting players like that.

persevere1875
03-06-2014, 04:11 PM
oh what the heck Im intrigued so can i have a PM too :wink:

Nutmegged
03-06-2014, 04:14 PM
If its not to mucg trouble any chance I could get a wee PM too lads, understand if you cant/wont

snooky
03-06-2014, 04:22 PM
I know most of what I listed may have been snapped up - we should be targeting players like that.
Not the Hibs way. We're notoriously late for the Ball.
Last minute Charlie as usual I predict.

DH1875
03-06-2014, 04:23 PM
If it's no barr or stevenson, can someone who got a pm say that its no them.

The_Horde
03-06-2014, 04:25 PM
If it's no barr or stevenson, can someone who got a pm say that its no them.

It's them.

IanM
03-06-2014, 05:05 PM
Can someone PM me and confirm what I should wear on Saturday?

Smart/casual?

DunblaneHibby
03-06-2014, 05:33 PM
PM if possible...?

Me too please

greenlex
03-06-2014, 06:01 PM
Not the Hibs way. We're notoriously late for the Ball.
Last minute Charlie as usual I predict.
Not true. If you look back we more often than not sign players early.

easty
03-06-2014, 06:05 PM
Can someone PM me and confirm what I should wear on Saturday?

Smart/casual?

It doesn't matter as long as you've had a shave. Can't have moustaches kicking about antagonising the clean shaven masses. Don't want any moustache related violence to mar the day.

silverhibee
03-06-2014, 06:49 PM
James Collins spotted on the A1 heading South.

http://www.colourbox.com/preview/3196787-765712-bald-headed-man-hitching-green-car-on-road.jpg

blackpoolhibs
03-06-2014, 06:53 PM

http://www.colourbox.com/preview/3196787-765712-bald-headed-man-hitching-green-car-on-road.jpg

Thats about right, he's even going the wrong way hitchhiking.

emerald green
03-06-2014, 06:56 PM

If true, this is good news. Shrewsbury Town play in League 1 in England - the 3rd tier of English football. That's probably about Collins' level and he will probably start banging in the goals for them.

Nelson and McGivern - pub team players. Heffernan - no great loss.

Petrie and Butcher take a lot of criticism on these threads, but the players that took us down should take a good look at themselves too. I'm still not sure if it was because many of them were crap, just not giving 100%, or maybe a bit of both.

Aldo
03-06-2014, 06:58 PM

He shouldn't of bothered cos if he's off ski I'm more than certain he'll get a lift wherever he wants to go from someone in .net!! ;-)

LancsHibs
03-06-2014, 07:05 PM
Thats about right, he's even going the wrong way hitchhiking.

Yes if he was heading to Shrewsbury he would surly take the A702, A/M74, M6, M54:nerd:

SouthamptonHibs
03-06-2014, 07:22 PM
Let's hope it's true, awful striker for Hibs

Bronson
03-06-2014, 07:23 PM
If true, this is good news. Shrewsbury Town play in League 1 in England - the 3rd tier of English football. That's probably about Collins' level and he will probably start banging in the goals for them.

Nelson and McGivern - pub team players. Heffernan - no great loss.

Petrie and Butcher take a lot of criticism on these threads, but the players that took us down should take a good look at themselves too. I'm still not sure if it was because many of them were crap, just not giving 100%, or maybe a bit of both.

Not meaning to nit-pick but they were relegated to league 2 this season I believe, which would be about Collins' level IMO.

emerald green
03-06-2014, 07:33 PM
Not meaning to nit-pick but they were relegated to league 2 this season I believe, which would be about Collins' level IMO.

You're not nit-picking mate. My mistake. I agree with the bit in bold too. :aok:

Holmesdale Hibs
03-06-2014, 07:38 PM

League 2 vs Scottish Championship... I'd say he's moved up a level. Just.

I'm indifferent to him leaving although could have seen him do ok in the championship. I feel a bit sorry for him because the service he was given was **** and it's difficult to score a lot of goals when all you get are hoof balls aimed in your general direction.

Assuming he does move, it'll be interesting to see how he gets on. Another Clayton Donaldson maybe?

Bronson
03-06-2014, 07:49 PM
League 2 vs Scottish Championship... I'd say he's moved up a level. Just.

I'm indifferent to him leaving although could have seen him do ok in the championship. I feel a bit sorry for him because the service he was given was **** and it's difficult to score a lot of goals when all you get are hoof balls aimed in your general direction.

Assuming he does move, it'll be interesting to see how he gets on. Another Clayton Donaldson maybe?

To an extent I agree, but he was generally a flop. The miss v hearts at ER to equalise must have knackered his confidence, was a shocker. His touch is generally poor and he's pretty slow which suggests to me he's more of a target man but he wins nothing in the air. He lacks a stand-out attribute to his game, he seems to bring nothing to the table IMO.

Wish him all the best, and it's a shame it never worked out but we're well rid if he does go I think.

Irish_Steve
03-06-2014, 08:25 PM
I sent myself a PM but it hasn`t arrived yet so I`m still in the dark........

Albion Hibs
03-06-2014, 08:30 PM
Being honest I backed this guy for a long time, when he missed that goal against hearts I think I felt more gutted for him than i did for the result. HOWEVER, whe. The photos came out with him and a select few others within that shower floating about town bevvying like there was no tomorrow. At that stage I decided him and other could not care less about hibs, and on that basis if they were never seen in a hibs strip ever again it would be far too soon.

I hope he gets his move, and if hibs GET money for him I may just crack out the artificial xmas tree.

Bishop Hibee
03-06-2014, 08:35 PM
The worst CF I've seen in a Hibs jersey to consistantly get a game. Thanks Fenlon. Good riddance.

hibee92
04-06-2014, 09:01 AM
Confirmed.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140604/collins-exits-hibernian_2262950_3880621

Onceinawhile
04-06-2014, 09:08 AM
Delighted.

tried hard, but utterly useless. Good luck.

Thecat23
04-06-2014, 09:10 AM
Told you he was gone :D

Said to a few of the players when we dropped he won't be back.

SMAXXA
04-06-2014, 09:12 AM

No you never :greengrin

Thecat23
04-06-2014, 09:12 AM
Haha shut it you ;D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aldo
04-06-2014, 09:13 AM
No you never :greengrin

Haha shut it you ;D Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's going to be only one way to sort this FIGHT!!! ;-)

SMAXXA
04-06-2014, 09:17 AM

There's going to be only one way to sort this FIGHT!!! ;-)

It would be like David hay fighting prince Nazeem :greengrin

Thecat23
04-06-2014, 09:18 AM
It would be like David hay fighting prince Nadeem :greengrin

Exactly.. My poor little prince ;)

SMAXXA
04-06-2014, 09:20 AM
Exactly.. My poor little prince ;)

Lol anyway who the **** is Nadeem haha this predictive text grr

Thecat23
04-06-2014, 09:22 AM
I hate the predictive text mate, so many times I've posted but reading back I'm thinking wtf? :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aldo
04-06-2014, 09:23 AM

Ha ha. Does that mean it would be all arranged then a week before it you'd pick up an injury and it would be off?? ;-)

SMAXXA
04-06-2014, 09:27 AM
Ha ha. Does that mean it would be all arranged then a week before it you'd pick up an injury and it would be off?? ;-)

Obviously the purse wasn't suitable :wink: Big Jessys

Aldo
04-06-2014, 09:29 AM
Obviously the purse wasn't suitable :wink: Big Jessys

It obviously wasn't!!

Speedway
04-06-2014, 09:38 AM
Hibs have decided to cut their losses on Collins and will not receive a fee for his services.

According to the Snotsman.

BT58
04-06-2014, 09:52 AM
I sent myself a PM but it hasn`t arrived yet so I`m still in the dark........
:faf::faf::applause:
its the way you tell em !!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
victor

truehibernian
04-06-2014, 10:02 AM

I told him numerous times he wouldn't be back as he walked off the pitch after games TC :greengrin

Hopeless hapless and useless player - this has made my morning. If Michael Nelson confirms on his Twitter that he is away then I'm off to Tesco to buy some champagne - way way better times ahead with this shower gone :aok:

Moon unit
04-06-2014, 10:03 AM
Hibs have decided to cut their losses on Collins and will not receive a fee for his services.

C Ya!..waiting for his excuses in the Shrewsbury Planet or whatever rag they read in that metropolis!..

IFONLY
04-06-2014, 01:11 PM

What the ex Celtic player and manager.....a bit one sided

ekhibee
04-06-2014, 02:26 PM

£125k according to the Shrewsbury message board?

wookie70
04-06-2014, 03:31 PM
Can't say I'm sorry to see him leave. He did but a shift in expending energy when he shouldn't leaving him too knackered to do what he was paid to do. A player with very few redeeming features for me who looked like he was running in treacle. I do wish him the best though as he seemed to have his heart in the right place as evidenced when he was celebrating the goal in the first play off game.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-06-2014, 03:35 PM
Will always remember him for this.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NdCkpHu3k50#

SouthamptonHibs
04-06-2014, 04:57 PM
Delighted, awful striker one of the man reasons we are where we are. He won't be missed. Worst striker since Hurtado.
Hope we get a decent striker to replace him

SMAXXA
04-06-2014, 05:03 PM
I recon it will be more of an agreement to avoid having to pay any further instalments on his deal.

EdinMike
04-06-2014, 05:11 PM
Delighted, awful striker one of the man reasons we are where we are. He won't be missed. Worst striker since Hurtado.
Hope we get a decent striker to replace him

Funny, that's exactly what I said. That goal against Hearts was his second last goal for us, his last coming 2 weeks later, St Mirren I think. For a striker not to score in 4 months. That is why we are, where we are.

Gus
04-06-2014, 05:12 PM
Funny, that's exactly what I said. That goal against Hearts was his second last goal for us, his last coming 2 weeks later, St Mirren I think. For a striker not to score in 4 months. That is why we are, where we are.

Does this include Cummings who couldn't finish his dinner before the Hamilton game

EdinMike
04-06-2014, 05:18 PM
Does this include Cummings who couldn't finish his dinner before the Hamilton game

Yup.

KDY Hibs
04-06-2014, 05:22 PM
Don't be surprised to see McGivern and Heffernan following him out the door
Stop teasing!

leggeto
05-06-2014, 08:00 AM
Although he was a trier and covered every blade of grass he just didn't have it,one of the worst strikers I've seen at easter road in my life,I'll watch his progress at Shrewsbury with interest

HH81
05-06-2014, 08:03 AM
You would hope the club agreed a pre season game down there so the fans could say goodbye to James.

nribs
05-06-2014, 10:39 AM
You would hope the club agreed a pre season game down there so the fans could say goodbye to James.

Going by alot of the comments on here you could hire a fiat 500 to take them down.