Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Peevemor
10-06-2014, 11:01 AM
Yep that's why I replied ....

Ok then. Did you understand my post?

The_Todd
10-06-2014, 11:03 AM
:wink::greengrin

I know, lowest form of wit and all that....

We would KILL for someone to make us as good as TB made Inverness

Will he get a long enough chance to do that here...or has be blown it already

We gotta find out this week

If he goes, only guy I can think of to get excited about is McCall

It's hard to tell on the internet. Apologies! :greengrin

RIP Bestie
10-06-2014, 11:06 AM
could be discussing next years plans

I imagine would've been done and dusted if he was going
I would imagine with Dempster knowing the level of feeling amongst the fans, the club would have made a statement to the effect that he was staying, if indeed that was the case

Winston Ingram
10-06-2014, 11:15 AM
That's Leeann's job is it not? Plus, don't think Craig has been appointed yet. Even when he joins, I'm sure I was told he will be doing something with the youth and academy.

Well he's to be the Director of Football. It'd be suicide to appoint him after she'd selected a manager. He'd have to be involved

bingo70
10-06-2014, 11:22 AM
Is McCalls assistant Kenny Black? Would folk readily accept him at ER?

I wouldn't give a ****, sure some would although I doubt he'd want to come here so may want the managers job at Motherwell.

Brightside
10-06-2014, 11:23 AM
Absolute nonsense! The over reaction on here is pathetic.

IF both LD & RP attended the meeting, you can be sure that they're singing from the same songsheet.

And IF TB was to be emptied, it'd normal for RP to propose himself to do the deed, given that it was he who employed TB in the first place.

Spot on. I'm more worried about the health of some of our fans than with Petrie going to a meeting!

bingo70
10-06-2014, 11:25 AM
It's not as far fetched as people may think.

He's probably done all he can at Motherwell. His budget will be squeezed again next season. He's probably best getting out for the sake of his reputation. His stock is as high as it's going to get there.

Bigger wages, competitive league, Stepping stone to the rangers job and his relationship with dempster are some other reasons I think he'd consider it.

Michael
10-06-2014, 11:27 AM
No way will we get McCall. He's waiting for the Rangers job.

Gus
10-06-2014, 11:28 AM

He's probably done all he can at Motherwell. His budget will be squeezed again next season. He's probably best getting out for the sake of his reputation. His stock is as high as it's going to get there.

If his stock is high, why on earth would he drop down to the Scottish First division?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-06-2014, 11:29 AM
McCall wont be coming here.

Hibee87
10-06-2014, 11:29 AM
No way will we get McCall. He's waiting for the Rangers job.

So was/is butcher :rolleyes:

silverhibee
10-06-2014, 11:30 AM
I can't really agree with your last sentence. He inherited a poor team but there were far worse teams in the league. He failed more spectacularly than any other manager I have seen at Easter Road - Duff Jimmy is the only comparison I can make.

What teams were worse than us in the league at the time.

Aldo
10-06-2014, 11:33 AM
I'm starting to think all parties know what's going on and TB is a goner. The delay is compo and Hibs are already lining up the next manager so he's in place soon as TB leaves. Then again that could be miles off :D

You have been known to be wrong!! ;-

The longer we wait the more chance he's staying IMHO!!

Aldo
10-06-2014, 11:34 AM
Is McCalls assistant Kenny Black? Would folk readily accept him at ER?

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest tbh!!

bingo70
10-06-2014, 11:34 AM
If his stock is high, why on earth would he drop down to the Scottish First division?

His budget is likely about to be cut so there's got to be a chance hes thinking his team is only going to get worse.

If he's got an offer to go somewhere else he'd consider it imo. If he was offered a bigger club than hibs in the premier league or down south he'd go there, if we're his only option he'd consider it imo

nribs
10-06-2014, 11:36 AM
Some keyboard agent fellea on Twitter keeps saying he was given the bullet 2 weeks ago."@agent37654: @cabbage0762 @BBCBMcLauchlin Butcher was told by Dempster on the Monday after the Hamilton game he was being relieved of his duties."

Aldo
10-06-2014, 11:37 AM

To show he is up for the challenge of a bigger club?? Who are currently a mess but have potential?? He would chose us Gus cos WE ARE THE HIBS!! ;-)

AlbertK86
10-06-2014, 11:37 AM
Ok then. Did you understand my post?

Yep

E10 Rifle
10-06-2014, 11:41 AM
His budget is likely about to be cut so there's got to be a chance hes thinking his team is only going to get worse.

If he's got an offer to go somewhere else he'd consider it imo. If he was offered a bigger club than hibs in the premier league or down south he'd go there, if we're his only option he'd consider it imo

Just to rain on your parade a little he's turned down the Sheffield Utd job before so it doesn't necessarily stand to reason that he'll jump at the first approach of a bigger club.

Gus Fring
10-06-2014, 11:44 AM
Petrie was in a meeting? Oh no!

:panic:

madhatter
10-06-2014, 11:45 AM
I think Butcher is possibly clinging on to his job because he knows his reputation is knackered and the only way to fix it would be to bring us back up. If he isn't allowed that chance, due to his age plus his failure (particularly at Hibs), he'd find getting another managers' position difficult.

He might be able to turn it around but I think delay is the negotiation of his departure.

Turkish Green
At least we have not had the dreaded Vote of Confidence from the Board.

The club must be well aware of the speculation going around both by supporters and in the media. It would have been very simple for the club, or LD, to say that TB would be the manager for next season. But the club has been deafeningly silent. The likelihood is that both sides are swithering and I suspect it is now all to do with contractual issues.

Ross4356
So much for Petrie having nothing do with the running of our club

"Butcher met the club's chief executive Leeann Dempster and club chairman Rod Petrie on Monday to discuss his plans for the forthcoming season."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27775893

nribs
10-06-2014, 11:47 AM

"Butcher met the club's chief executive Leeann Dempster and club chairman Rod Petrie on Monday to discuss his plans for the forthcoming season."

See several posts back. This is the BBC mind.

madhatter
10-06-2014, 11:48 AM

He sat further away from the table - "far reaching" side of things, you know :wink:
:greengrin

bingo70
10-06-2014, 11:50 AM
Just to rain on your parade a little he's turned down the Sheffield Utd job before so it doesn't necessarily stand to reason that he'll jump at the first approach of a bigger club.

I didn't say he would?

I think he'd consider the offers from other clubs and despite it being in a lower league there's a lot going for this one.

Maybe he turned Sheffield utd down as he enjoyed his working relationship with his boss at motherwell?

JimBHibees
10-06-2014, 11:51 AM
You'd generally expect at least 2 members of staff to attend a meeting that amounts to a possible dismissal, just from an HR stand point as much as anything else. It's entirely logical for Leeann to take Petrie with her, as both a senior member of staff and the person that employed Butcher and has worked with him up until her appointment.

Folk are, understandably, too quick to jump to the worst possible outcome when there's zero evidence for it.

Agree with that Butcher would likely have some representatives with him so makes complete sense for someone that firstly employed him and also knew his contract back to front would be there from Hibs side. Also from a witness point of view it makes sense.

Aldo
10-06-2014, 11:53 AM
So much for Petrie having nothing do with the running of our club "Butcher met the club's chief executive Leeann Dempster and club chairman Rod Petrie on Monday to discuss his plans for the forthcoming season." http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27775893

Don't believe everything you read on the BBC. They are and will stir it and every opportunity cos the mess we are in.

Just ignore it.

FWIW it's annoying and frustrating but just pure speculation from them and they've added his name as tensions are running high at the mo regarding him.

Aldo
10-06-2014, 11:54 AM
I didn't say he would? I think he'd consider the offers from other clubs and despite it being in a lower league there's a lot going for this one. Maybe he turned Sheffield utd down as he enjoyed his working relationship with his boss at motherwell?

He's also part of the Scotland set up - bit less travelling from Sheffield and by all accounts he likes working with the national team and Utd may of wanted him to leave his post!! Also he may of had to consider his family... Kids schooling etc

Could be any number of reasons??

silverhibee
10-06-2014, 11:55 AM

And you think coming to Hibs will do his reputation any good, folk have said on here that he has a close relationship with LD through there time at Motherwell, wonder how close Butcher and McCall are from there playing days, did they play in the same side while at Rangers.

McCall would be of his rocker to come to Hibs.

3pm
10-06-2014, 11:57 AM
And you think coming to Hibs will do his reputation any good, folk have said on here that he has a close relationship with LD through there time at Motherwell, wonder how close Butcher and McCall are from there playing days, did they play in the same side while at Rangers.

Pass him a 'fag'....get him in, Scott Robertson captain too. :greengrin

Winston Ingram
10-06-2014, 11:57 AM

It depends on the offers he has. He may not get any other than ours. He also knows & has worked with LD.

There's little doubt the Championship is the highest profile league and if he gets us out of it, there's another notch on his bedpost.

number 27
10-06-2014, 11:58 AM
Agree with that Butcher would likely have some representatives with him so makes complete sense for someone that firstly employed him and also knew his contract back to front would be there from Hibs side. Also from a witness point of view it makes sense.

No one else on the Hibs board could do this? What a complete waste of space these guys must be.

nribs
10-06-2014, 11:59 AM
This place will go into melt down if he isn't sacked :) or if he is sacked and we get some non descript in :)

weonlywon6-2
10-06-2014, 11:59 AM
He's also part of the Scotland set up - bit less travelling from Sheffield and by all accounts he likes working with the national team and Utd may of wanted him to leave his post!! Also he may of had to consider his family... Kids schooling etc

Could be any number of reasons??

One single reason,ever been to sheffield,thats probably a good reason why he didnt go.Only good thing to come out of Sheffield was the Full Monty

Aldo
10-06-2014, 12:01 PM
This place will go into melt down if he isn't sacked :) or if he is sacked and we get some non descript in :)

It's been just about at melting point since the accies came tbh nribs!!!

Aldo
10-06-2014, 12:02 PM
One single reason,ever been to sheffield,thats probably a good reason why he didnt go.Only good thing to come out of Sheffield was the Full Monty

Nope thankfully not. Heard it's not the nicest of places!!

Paloschi
10-06-2014, 12:04 PM
If Butcher does not get sacked on the back of this I for one will be absolutely furious!

Why waste all this time when they could have backed him last week, or even a fortnight ago?

It has taken a ridiculous amount of time to come to a decision and the only way they should get away with it is that if they have been working on a replacement already. That being said the fans should know if the manager has departed or not.

All these decisions should have been made retrospectively anyway despite LD being the chief exec of Motherwell up until June 1. The buttons simply needed pressed. A PR disaster and she is just in the door. I've got a feeling Petrie and they other useless board members are still pulling a few strings :agree:

nribs
10-06-2014, 12:04 PM
It's been just about at melting point since the accies came tbh nribs!!!

Fair enough this could be off the scale though :)

Spudster
10-06-2014, 12:07 PM
I think Butcher is possibly clinging on to his job because he knows his reputation is knackered and the only way to fix it would be to bring us back up. If he isn't allowed that chance, due to his age plus his failure (particularly at Hibs), he'd find getting another managers' position difficult.

He might be able to turn it around but I think delay is the negotiation of his departure.

Would be the most fair dismissal in recent memory, what is there to negotiate?
A manager who was deemed not good enough finished 7th with relatively the same squad (and left us in 7th with exactly the same squad), a manager should manage his resources, TB clearly failed at this and would have no grounds for compensation IMO. I wouldn't mind if he stayed tbh I just think he would have no chance to claim unfair dismissal.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-06-2014, 12:11 PM
Anyone think he will defo go?

Turkish Green
10-06-2014, 12:11 PM
It depends on the offers he has. He may not get any other than ours. He also knows & has worked with LD.

There's little doubt the Championship is the highest profile league and if he gets us out of it, there's another notch on his bedpost.

I hate to say this but the manager's job at Hibs is a poisoned chalice. Nobody who is looking to make advancement in the game would take it, certainly not now that they are in the Championship with both Rangers and Hearts (plus Falkirk) as competition.

Career-wise, McCall would be best off having another year at Well and then the Ibronx job will likely be their for him, once Sally departs. Or he can move back to England, where the money on offer is far greater than this side of the border. Let's face it, given the make-up of the Premiership it will not be difficult for McCall to have Well finish in the top 3 again next season.

ALF TUPPER
10-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Anyone know what other opportunities Sandy Clark was leaving Killie for?

Now dont anyone be reaching for their bloodpressure tablets at this question. :cb

Leithenhibby
10-06-2014, 12:15 PM

When did RP say he would have nothing to do with the club..... :confused:

He does own 10% after all :wink:

Aldo
10-06-2014, 12:17 PM
Fair enough this could be off the scale though :)

Yip your probably right. Epic proportions!!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-06-2014, 12:18 PM
Maybe he's already gone?

madhatter
10-06-2014, 12:19 PM
Would be the most fair dismissal in recent memory, what is there to negotiate?
A manager who was deemed not good enough finished 7th with relatively the same squad (and left us in 7th with exactly the same squad), a manager should manage his resources, TB clearly failed at this and would have no grounds for compensation IMO. I wouldn't mind if he stayed tbh I just think he would have no chance to claim unfair dismissal.

It probably would be the most fair. He replaced a poor manager who had taken us through 3 embarrassing (major) results and yet managed to relegate us from a fairly stable position. If he has players lined up and can get us playing good football, I wouldn't mind either - he cannot complain about dismissal though. I actually think, sadly, this is the clearest, most justified, dismissal for years.

That's if it happens though...

Hibeewilly
10-06-2014, 12:19 PM

I think he is a certainty to be away at the latest tomorrow but possibly an announcement this evening. IMHO compensation is the issue. Hope Im right!!!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Winston Ingram
10-06-2014, 12:20 PM

I'm not disputing that he's unlikely to come here. All i'm saying is that's it's not that far fetched based on impending budget cuts and the fact he's probably taken them as far as he can.

As for McCall & Butcher - their careers never crossed paths at Rangers as TB left in 1990 and went South and McCall joined in 1991.

Aldo
10-06-2014, 12:21 PM

The longer we don't hear anything the more I think he's gone. For me the club needs to let us know what's going on. Way to quite bout TB and the gang since that dreaded day??

Aldo
10-06-2014, 12:22 PM
Maybe he's already gone?

He might well be. Are you not down there haying a wee swatch?? Keeping us up to date with the on goings down EM or ER way??

happiehibbie
10-06-2014, 12:24 PM
I have never liked the style of footbal the the last three managers have given us TB PF CC

yogi at least tried to pass the ball

But again another manager goes (if sacked) what direction do we go do we want Tony Mobwary style football ?

I want his out look fast flowing football

Spoke to one of our defenders last night he said he wanted to play passing football ! never comented on TB tactic

Hibeewilly
10-06-2014, 12:24 PM
The longer we don't hear anything the more I think he's gone. For me the club needs to let us know what's going on. Way to quite bout TB and the gang since that dreaded day??

Also it wont be McCall coming in it will be a manager with a Hibs connection - again just an opinion but lets wait and see:cool:

ALF TUPPER
10-06-2014, 12:28 PM

As time goes on I'm beginning to think this is the case. It's very quiet.

I trust Leeann and she will make whatever decision she feels is right to take our Club forward. (It's good to have a CEO that I feel I can trust). :agree:

Aldo
10-06-2014, 12:29 PM
Also it wont be McCall coming in it will be a manager with a Hibs connection - again just an opinion but lets wait and see:cool: Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

We will just have to wait and see won't we. Might be nobody but retaining the services of the 3 Amigos??

Hibeewilly
10-06-2014, 12:33 PM
We will just have to wait and see won't we. Might be nobody but retaining the services of the 3 Amigos??

Agreed Aldo. I will be checking the Official Site every half hour till probably around Noon tomorrow with everything crossed mate and living in hope. Cant wait to see it official he has been an absolute disaster for us

Turkish Green
10-06-2014, 12:37 PM
I'm not disputing that he's unlikely to come here. All i'm saying is that's it's not that far fetched based on impending budget cuts and the fact he's probably taken them as far as he can.

OK, given the premise that McCall has taken Well as far as he can and he is considering a move. Why would he go to a club in a lower division that is clearly in turmoil? Let's face it, I very much doubt LD would have accepted the job of CEO if it had not been tied up months ago before TB took them into free-fall.

I could be (embarrassingly) wrong. but McCall is just pie-in-the-sky.

Lee Marvin
10-06-2014, 12:37 PM
I reckon he is gone and the reason they are not announcing it is they don't want the fans 'choosing' the next manager. He will be announced the same time we hear that butcher has left.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-06-2014, 12:38 PM
Hopefully he has been sacked and the reason an announcement is taking so long is because compo is waiting to be agreed?

Just my opinion.

brog
10-06-2014, 12:41 PM
Have to admit sitting laughing away at some of these :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, given the premise that McCall has taken Well as far as he can and he is considering a move. Why would he go to a club in a lower division that is clearly in turmoil? Let's face it, I very much doubt LD would have accepted the job of CEO if it had not been tied up months ago before TB took them into free-fall.

I could be (embarrassingly) wrong. but McCall is just pie-in-the-sky.

For the same reasons people like Jon Daly dropped 2 divisions to join Newco. More money, more publicity & considerably more potential.

ALF TUPPER
10-06-2014, 12:45 PM
Honestly dont think Stuart McCall will succeed Butcher at Easter Road. Would love it and i'll go straight to Easter Road and buy my season ticket now.

Isnt gonna happen though. :wink:

Lee Marvin
10-06-2014, 12:45 PM
Do you think that will effectively be writing off next season?
A new manager coming in will need to get to know the players we have left and try to add his own to the squad, usually months in the planning.

I think the opposite. I think keeping butcher is effectively writing off the whole season

Keith_M
10-06-2014, 12:48 PM
A new manager coming in will need to get to know the players we have left and try to add his own to the squad, usually months in the planning.

Would this be a major difference from retaining Butcher? We hardly have any players at the moment, with no talk of any new signings.

Whoever is in charge will have to start from scratch.

IanM
10-06-2014, 12:49 PM

i think realistically at this stage we should be looking at two seasons.. coming straight back up is of course the number one plan but if it takes two years and come up a much better team then so be it

Rebuilding isn't done overnight but we realistically should still be challenging this year but we haven't exactly got that much time

it's Hibs though.. anything could happen!

silverhibee
10-06-2014, 12:52 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the BBC. They are and will stir it and every opportunity cos the mess we are in.

Just ignore it.

FWIW it's annoying and frustrating but just pure speculation from them and they've added his name as tensions are running high at the mo regarding him.

LD should be dismissing this story and sending a email to bbc to let them no they are wrong and if they print any more pish then it may be a lawyers letter next.

Get them pulled up for stirring, if they are that is.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-06-2014, 12:52 PM
Do we have enough £ to sack him?

Hibeewilly
10-06-2014, 12:53 PM

I don't think so Sloop. If everybody renews their season books and some of the lapsed fraternity come back we will have as good a budget if not better than anybody in the league unless there is a major change in the board at Ibrox. Bearing in mind we need at least 12 players as more may be leaving that is a terrific blank slate opportunity for any decent manager. PWC did an excercise and came to the conclusion that we wont be any worse off financially than the season just finished so that is a great starting point to strive for promotion

silverhibee
10-06-2014, 12:54 PM
Pass him a 'fag'....get him in, Scott Robertson captain too. :greengrin

:tee hee:

silverhibee
10-06-2014, 12:55 PM

Stop it eh.

E10 Rifle
10-06-2014, 12:57 PM

Sheffield is worse than Motherwell !? :shocked:

PapillonVert
10-06-2014, 12:58 PM
Do we have enough £ to sack him?

Do we have enough £ NOT to sack him?

Turkish Green
10-06-2014, 12:58 PM
For the same reasons people like Jon Daly dropped 2 divisions to join Newco. More money, more publicity & considerably more potential.

You cannot compare Hibs' position with that of Newco. Newco were offering silly money - they still are or Kenny Miller would not have joined.

But I can't argue with POTENTIAL. Hibs have that in bucket loads.

silverhibee
10-06-2014, 12:59 PM

No.

blackpoolhibs
10-06-2014, 01:00 PM
Stop it eh.

I agree with you SH, the premier league is still the league with the highest profile, but the 1st division or championship will have a much bigger profile this season, in fact the biggest profile its ever had.

And i cant wait to see Celtics crowds next year, how they will be able to justify their recorded crowds should be fun. :greengrin

silverhibee
10-06-2014, 01:01 PM
Maybe he's already gone?

Maybe he is not going anywhere.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-06-2014, 01:02 PM

How would you know?

Peevemor
10-06-2014, 01:03 PM
How would you know?

Maybe he said maybe?

DC_Hibs
10-06-2014, 01:09 PM
How would you know?

Popsy, have you not got any top scoops from your Twitter or Facebook sources?

erskine-hibby
10-06-2014, 01:12 PM

Maybe he is in talks to replace those who have gone and to build up the squad for next season?

Onion
10-06-2014, 01:13 PM
Split decision. Petrie thinks Butcher did ok last season and doesn't understand what the problem is. LD wants shot but Chair threatening to over-rule :)

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-06-2014, 01:14 PM

:bye: :bye:

Dave-O
10-06-2014, 01:26 PM

LOL....agentscotland is off the day, check back the morra. :wink:

eastmainsmsh
10-06-2014, 01:26 PM
Dear terry

Will you no just **** right off

P.s and take rodders with you and wee mo

silverhibee
10-06-2014, 01:33 PM
I agree with you SH, the premier league is still the league with the highest profile, but the 1st division or championship will have a much bigger profile this season, in fact the biggest profile its ever had.

And i cant wait to see Celtics crowds next year, how they will be able to justify their recorded crowds should be fun. :greengrin

Lets be honest the SPFL is the league to be in and the Championship is only good for the smaller clubs in it with Hibs the cheats and the new team being there this season, it won't be so high profile the next again season and for the club still left in it could spell disaster for them.

Was speaking to my bro-in-law and nephew who are ST holders at celtc, they have renewed for this season but probably not attend many games, hoping they get CL football and that sorts them out for tickets for that and cup games as well, there thinking is that the rangers will be back in the top flight the next again season and demand for ST will go up with them coming back up so making sure that they have there ST for the next again season makes sense to them, but yeah they will end up closing the top tier for most games played at darkheid next season, season after that with the huns maybe back in the league will start to see more sell outs for them.

silverhibee
10-06-2014, 01:34 PM
How would you know?

I don't, I'm just guessing like you.

Aldo
10-06-2014, 01:43 PM
LD should be dismissing this story and sending a email to bbc to let them no they are wrong and if they print any more pish then it may be a lawyers letter next. Get them pulled up for stirring, if they are that is.

That's what should happen like IF you say is bull.

That along with banning those ***** at OAM from ER. BBC = bunch (of) bull****ting C**%s

SteveHFC
10-06-2014, 01:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/9i8RsHF.gif

Aldo
10-06-2014, 01:45 PM

I know this for sure though - he might or might not be with us next season! ;-)

TornadoHibby
10-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Do we have enough £ NOT to sack him?

:top marks

silverhibee
10-06-2014, 01:56 PM
Maybe he is in talks to replace those who have gone and to build up the squad for next season?

That is also a possibility. :agree:

number9dream
10-06-2014, 01:58 PM
My guess at reasons for an impasse is that Hibs are hoping Butcher resigns, with talk of reduced budgets, cost-cutting, maybe even a reduced wage for him.
He would probably like to leave, given the shocker he has had, but will be reluctant to walk away without a decent pay-off.
He may be pondering his options - is his stock still high enough to get another job when the next vacancy comes up, will his stock drop further still if he stays where he is not wanted (and doesn't want to be) and fails further?
My guess is that they will reach an agreement for him to go soon and we'll get a cheap option like Ian Murray - and when I say cheap that's not to say it won't be much, much better...

SlickShoes
10-06-2014, 01:59 PM
I wish the world cup would start so I could stop refreshing posts like this one.....

Beefster
10-06-2014, 02:01 PM
LD should be dismissing this story and sending a email to bbc to let them no they are wrong and if they print any more pish then it may be a lawyers letter next.

Get them pulled up for stirring, if they are that is.

I'm not sure that mistakenly claiming Rodders attended a meeting is actionable.

Turkish Green
10-06-2014, 02:06 PM
Especially if true or the source was HFC, themselves.

Why do I suspect that the first official meeting between LD and TB would be with the elephant in the room.

silverhibee
10-06-2014, 02:23 PM

Well if not actionable then get it out in the press that Petrie wasn't there, stops all the silly stories.

GloryGlory
10-06-2014, 02:26 PM
My guess at reasons for an impasse is that Hibs are hoping Butcher resigns, with talk of reduced budgets, cost-cutting, maybe even a reduced wage for him.
He would probably like to leave, given the shocker he has had, but will be reluctant to walk away without a decent pay-off.
He may be pondering his options - is his stock still high enough to get another job when the next vacancy comes up, will his stock drop further still if he stays where he is not wanted (and doesn't want to be) and fails further?
My guess is that they will reach an agreement for him to go soon and we'll get a cheap option like Ian Murray - and when I say cheap that's not to say it won't be much, much better...

Hopefully, we learned from the Calderclown fiasco and don't keep a manager who doesn't want to be here. Better to get rid now, even if it costs, than limp along for a few more months then have to confront the inevitable. It'll cost more in the long run.

We need everyone pulling in the same direction from the first day of the new season.

Dashing Bob S
10-06-2014, 02:27 PM
Butcher will be off any minute now. He knows that nobody is going to give him a semi-decent job after that absolute shocker. Not taking anything away from Petrie in the dismantling of our football club, but anybody who believes that Butcher has a future at ER (or anywhere else of reasonable status in the game) after that unmitigated disaster is clearly round the twist.

Fixed

Lang Toun Hibs
10-06-2014, 02:29 PM
I wish the world cup would start so I could stop refreshing posts like this one.....

Spot on!

Lang Toun Hibs
10-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Especially if true or the source was HFC, themselves.

Why do I suspect that the first official meeting between LD and TB would be with the elephant in the room.

To make the tea?

Hibtastic
10-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Nobody seen the club website then - hes gone: http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140610/terry-butcher_2262950_3895617

Sean1875
10-06-2014, 02:32 PM
he's gone, feel sorry for him but right decision made.

SlickShoes
10-06-2014, 02:37 PM
he's gone, feel sorry for him but right decision made.

He should have walked out two weeks ago.

Lang Toun Hibs
10-06-2014, 02:38 PM
Completely the right decision, couple of weeks late (at least) and I hope the new appointment doesn't take too long. We've got a team to build and the clock is ticking. I hope that there have been preparations made in the lead up to this...

SteveHFC
10-06-2014, 02:38 PM
He should have walked out two weeks ago.

:agree:

Winston Ingram
10-06-2014, 02:39 PM
I'm ****in ecstatic. If we'd done this a month ago we'd likely be still in the top league.

Saorsa
Nobody seen the club website then - hes gone: http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140610/terry-butcher_2262950_3895617so the BBC weren't wrong about petrie being there efter all that has been said on here.

flash
:agree:

He has gone!!

kdhibees1
10-06-2014, 02:41 PM
Nobody seen the club website then - hes gone: http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140610/terry-butcher_2262950_3895617
Great news!!

Turkish Green
10-06-2014, 02:41 PM
"Chairman Rod Petrie and Chief Executive Leeann Dempster met with Terry yesterday. The Board met this morning and after a full discussion unanimously agreed the course of action."

The elephant was in the room.

Lee Marvin
10-06-2014, 02:42 PM
There is a god!!

MurrayfieldHibs
10-06-2014, 02:42 PM
Time to move on.

:tbgwa: <------- can someone change this please!

Saorsa
10-06-2014, 02:43 PM
Time to move on.

:tbgwa: <------- can someone change this please!tae what exactly? naebody's green and white army? :greengrin

Keith_M
10-06-2014, 02:45 PM
tae what exactly? naebody's green and white army? :greengrin

Stuart McCall's Green and White Army...

...allegedly :wink:

The_Horde
10-06-2014, 02:48 PM
Mixu again with Murray as assistant?

BH Hibs
10-06-2014, 02:51 PM
TFFT although I don't feel like celebrating much.

TheFamous1875
10-06-2014, 03:04 PM
TFFT although I don't feel like celebrating much.

Thank. ****. Farewell. Tit. ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MurrayfieldHibs
10-06-2014, 03:11 PM
tae what exactly? naebody's green and white army? :greengrin

Pending Confirmation's Green and White army? :greengrin

BH Hibs
10-06-2014, 03:14 PM
Thank. ****. Farewell. Tit. ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

:greengrin

Onion
10-06-2014, 03:49 PM
The only right and fair decision. Butcher had to go. To retain him would have left us in the position we've been for the last few years - tolerating failures at the club. I really hope this is is the start of a new culture and attitude at Hibs.

Butcher can have no complaints. His record will stand as one of the worst in our long history, topped off with an unbelievable relegation that will set the club back years.

Would love to hear what Malpas had to say :)

Steven_Hibs
10-06-2014, 04:54 PM
So your source has found out on Monday that TB will be sacked on Friday, why the long wait?

Why the wait? No idea :greengrin

Steven_Hibs
10-06-2014, 04:56 PM
Look at me! Look at me! Look at me!

'Not revealing my source' ....because I don't have one.

Nuf said :greengrin

Steven_Hibs
10-06-2014, 04:57 PM
Brave man because when Friday comes and it's not happened - you're out of here.

If it does I will apologise.

It never happened on that Friday, but it was gonna happen. Where's my apology? :greengrin

hibby67
10-06-2014, 04:58 PM
It never happened on that Friday, but it was gonna happen. Where's my apology? :greengrin

:not worth:not worth:not worth

AlbertK86
10-06-2014, 05:00 PM
KING ROD has to be next out the door

BroxburnHibee
10-06-2014, 05:11 PM

I had a feeling I might be called out on this :greengrin

I could always duck it due to you getting it wrong technically but fair do's.

Apologies for the bad tempered post :duck:

JOD
10-06-2014, 05:51 PM
I am sick and totally confused by all of this.

We let go players who could have been a big help to us next season with Thommo and James now with Dundee. Both our first team keepers away. Who decided all that???? Butcher/Petrie/Leeanne Who ???

Hartley knows bargain when he sees it====We re just left in the ****.

I was against this witch hunt on Petrie on the basis that the majority of all the fans agreed with the appointment of TB/ it was Fenlon's team anyway/TB would get his own team in for this season and we would judge him then / RP was taking a back seat etc., etc.,

Now I find Petrie was in the meeting Why???

Is TB sacking an attempt to take the heat of Petrie. If so it hasnae worked as I am now in the get Petrie out camp.

However the bigger issue is where are we going as a club=====I don't know and after over 50 years supporting Hibs I have never felt so low.

Lucius Apuleius
10-06-2014, 05:56 PM

We let go players who could have been a big help to us next season with Thommo and James now with Dundee. Both our first team keepers away. Who decided all that???? Butcher/Petrie/Leeanne Who ???

I was against this witch hunt on Petrie on the basis that the majority of all the fans agreed with the appointment of TB/ it was Fenlon's team anyway/TB would get his own team in for this season and we would judge him then / RP was taking a back seat etc., etc.,

Is TB sacking an attempt to take the heat of Petrie. If so it hasnae worked as I am now in the get Petrie out camp.

However the bigger issue is where are we going as a club=====I don't know and after over 50 years supporting Hibs I have never felt so low.

The players were let go because the useless pile of ****** got us relegated.

jacomo
10-06-2014, 06:08 PM
"Chairman Rod Petrie and Chief Executive Leeann Dempster met with Terry yesterday. The Board met this morning and after a full discussion unanimously agreed the course of action."

The elephant was in the room.

Butcher was Petrie's appointment. Entirely appropriate therefore that he was involved in his dismissal - can't read anything more into this.

Steven_Hibs
10-06-2014, 07:27 PM
:not worth:not worth:not worth

Cheers haha!

Steven_Hibs
10-06-2014, 07:28 PM
I had a feeling I might be called out on this :greengrin

I could always duck it due to you getting it wrong technically but fair do's.

Apologies for the bad tempered post :duck:

No probs. it was a wild claim, but I was quietly confident though not 100% at the time. Next rumour is, I know who has been approached as manager, Billy Davies.

Jokes, made that up :greengrin

Ronniekirk
10-06-2014, 09:55 PM

Look on this as the week that the wind of change Petrie talked about really started but join the campaign to get him out and the we will truly have that fresh start we need ..Clear out from top to bottom Then let Leeanns ambitions for the club be realised because As most pundits said on the radio Sir atom and Petrie are not football people and have had no great ambition for Hibs over the past few years Leeann seems to have that drive that we have lacked and her track record of appointing managers is good But these are difficult times and she is under pressure so let's see how she copes with this.as she can't afford to get this first appointment wrong .

jdships
10-06-2014, 10:08 PM

C'mon these two will not play twenty games between them next season
McPake is kept going by contual visits to the treatment table and KT is not much better
No loss IMHO
I've clocked up 74 years and six months since I was first taken to ER as an 8 year old , and the roller coaster ride will continue - believe me :flag:

They say "Every cloud has a silver lining " ours will have a "GREEN AND WHITE" one

jacomo
10-06-2014, 11:27 PM
C'mon these two will not play twenty games between them next season
McPake is kept going by contual visits to the treatment table and KT is not much better
No loss IMHO
I've clocked up 74 years and six months since I was first taken to ER as an 8 year old , and the roller coaster ride will continue - believe me :flag:

They say "Every cloud has a silver lining " ours will have a "GREEN AND WHITE" one

Ahem to that!

I'm encouraged by LD's energy and we'll have a new manager soon with a fresh squad. Let's look up.