PDA

View Full Version : (rumour) Butcher will be sacked

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Cropley10
09-06-2014, 01:39 PM
Im no sure this is true, Cos if so who's decision was it to bin so many players?

They didn't get binned. Their contracts expired.

Melvin Hibs
09-06-2014, 01:41 PM
Some guy on the Bounce saying Butchers gone and it will be announced shortly?

johnrebus
09-06-2014, 01:44 PM
Bang goes a huge slice of our budget IF it's true.

Petrie would surely have something in TB's contract that makes it easier to punt him after being relegated?

:pray:

SlickShoes
09-06-2014, 01:44 PM
Some guy on the Bounce saying Butchers gone and it will be announced shortly?

I told my mate the same this morning, it's probably him that's posted it with me as the source.

Elephant Stone
09-06-2014, 01:45 PM

Butcher told them they wouldn't get new deals, though, and if he wasn't going to be staying it's insane that he was able to make these decisions on behalf of the club.

Hedlund12
09-06-2014, 01:46 PM
If the management team have gone and the rumours about McCall are true ....does anyone out there know what the position is with his current contract at Motherwell?
Didn't he just renew last year?
I would have thought if this rumour was true we'd need to splash some cash in compo to Motherwell???
Are we really in a position to do that???

Dr Jimmy
09-06-2014, 01:47 PM

This and is it possible that if the club have wages reduction for relegation clause in the contracts then the players have the freedom to look for another club if the reduction is implemented?
If they can't get a club they report back to us on a lower wage.
No idea if this exists, but would explain why Hanlon, Stanton situation.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-06-2014, 01:47 PM
McCall wont be coming to Hibs, he has said before he has no interest in taking the job.

If he was appointed, I'd be truely amazed.

GlasgowHibee
09-06-2014, 01:48 PM
No chance will McCall be anywhere near our club, why would he leave a team that are second in the league and playing in Europe next season for a Championship team? :confused:

He's sitting patiently waiting for the Sevco job.

erskine-hibby
09-06-2014, 01:53 PM
Petrie would surely have something in TB's contract that makes it easier to punt him after being relegated?

I would be surprised if Petrie took him on thinking we would get relegated at all?
Even if he did have something in the contract I'm pretty sure it won't be much less. Why would TB sign such a contract?

GoldenEagle
09-06-2014, 01:54 PM
No chance will McCall be anywhere near our club, why would he leave a team that are second in the league and playing in Europe next season for a Championship team? :confused:

The same reason his boss left for Hibernian.

SuperAllyMcleod
09-06-2014, 01:56 PM

Yes, I'd go along with this. If he did come, as soon as there was any type of success he would drop us for Sevco anyway. We need long term stability.

johnrebus
09-06-2014, 01:56 PM
I would be surprised if Petrie took him on thinking we would get relegated at all?
Even if he did have something in the contract I'm pretty sure it won't be much less. Why would TB sign such a contract?

Because he didn't think we would be relegated?

Many clubs have the wage reduction thing with players as regards relegation. Surely makes sense for managers too.

:cb

Fat Penlon
09-06-2014, 01:58 PM
McCall wont be coming to Hibs, he has said before he has no interest in taking the job.

He loves working with LeeAnne Dempster though so that could be a game changer for him?

MrSmith
09-06-2014, 01:59 PM
Twitter awash with his imminent departure but not 100% confirmed as yet.

search twitter for - Butcher Sacked

J-C
09-06-2014, 02:00 PM
Im no sure this is true, Cos if so who's decision was it to bin so many players?

All the players were out of contract and were hugely responsible fir our demise.

J-C
09-06-2014, 02:05 PM
Butcher told them they wouldn't get new deals, though, and if he wasn't going to be staying it's insane that he was able to make these decisions on behalf of the club.

There is nothing on Hibernian website which mentions Butcher telling these players they won't get new deals, contracts ran out and didn't get renewed, simple as.

nribs
09-06-2014, 02:08 PM

Collins contract hadn't expired. Somebody decided he could go.

JDHibs
09-06-2014, 02:08 PM
McCall wont get a look in for the Rangers job if he stays at Well, he needs to manage a big club and what statement would he make by leaving an accomplished team, to join us who are in the middle of rebuilding and turning us into a driving force?!?!

Hes nothing left to achieve at well, hes taken them as far as he can.

erskine-hibby
09-06-2014, 02:09 PM
Because he didn't think we would be relegated?

Many clubs have the wage reduction thing with players as regards relegation. Surely makes sense for managers too.

:cb

I'm sure you are correct, but I don't think it will be much less.
TB took over knowing that he had a duff squad, and although he probably didn't think we would be in the position we are now, it was always a possibility. Hence, I think that he took on a long contract, even with a relegation clause, that would be suitable for him should it all go wrong.

staunchhibby
09-06-2014, 02:09 PM
Yeah probably. Butcher's liked he binned the rest

Stevie Reid
09-06-2014, 02:11 PM
If Butcher had a relegation clause I've no doubt it would have been actioned the minute Cummings missed that pen. He may yet go, but it's likely to cost us - though I'm currently of the opinion that it will be worth it.

Father Ted
09-06-2014, 02:11 PM
Does LD not say she would communicate with the Hibs fans first when there was something to say in her interview with Grant Stott

hibsmad
09-06-2014, 02:15 PM
Collins contract hadn't expired. Somebody decided he could go.

I think people are making too much out of the fact that these players have been allowed to leave. With the exception of Thomson, McPake (injury prone) and Williams (who wanted to leave) they were all dung!

I can't imagine any potential new manager being disappointed with us selling Collins.

Nakedmanoncrack
09-06-2014, 02:19 PM
What other club would even be considering keeping him given his record to date??
The new CEO has impressed by saying all the right things so far, but if she doesn't deal with this in the only appropriate way she'll have shown weakness from the start.

silverhibee
09-06-2014, 02:19 PM

You got a link for when he said that. :aok:

nribs
09-06-2014, 02:20 PM
I think people are making too much out of the fact that these players have been allowed to leave. With the exception of Thomson, McPake (injury prone) and Williams (who wanted to leave) they were all dung!

I can't imagine any potential new manager being disappointed with us selling Collins.
I doubt any new manager would either. My point was only hi a contract hadn't expired so it was someone's choice to allow him to go. I'm definitely not debating weather he should have stayed or gone :)

silverhibee
09-06-2014, 02:24 PM
Thought Butcher was spending time with family down in England just now.

And if he new he was getting sacked today then i doubt he would have went on a radio station this morning to talk about England.

marinello59
09-06-2014, 02:33 PM
Thought Butcher was spending time with family down in England just now.

And if he new he was getting sacked today then i doubt he would have went on a radio station this morning to talk about England.

Maybe somebody is just desperate to be the first to say he has been sacked and has guessed it will happen today.

silverhibee
09-06-2014, 02:40 PM
Maybe somebody is just desperate to be the first to say he has been sacked and has guessed it will happen today.

Maurice says "that's all folks" chatbox folk ken whits gaun oan :wink: :greengrin :cb

stubru59
09-06-2014, 02:40 PM

Maybe wishful thinking has distorted reality.:greengrin

Winston Ingram
09-06-2014, 02:45 PM
Bang goes a huge slice of our budget IF it's true.

Nonsense. I'm sure a surge in ST sales will cover that.

Stevie Reid
09-06-2014, 02:47 PM
After my initial desire for him to be sacked died down after relegation, I've been rather ambivalent towards the idea recently - or at least I thought I'd been. My excitement at the rumours of his exit tells me I still really want him gone.

erskine-hibby
09-06-2014, 02:47 PM
Nonsense. I'm sure a surge in ST sales will cover that.

It would have to be a big increase over and above last years sales then. To pay compo AND have cash for squad.

Greenworld
09-06-2014, 02:50 PM
If the management team have gone and the rumours about McCall are true ....does anyone out there know what the position is with his current contract at Motherwell?
Didn't he just renew last year?
I would have thought if this rumour was true we'd need to splash some cash in compo to Motherwell???
Are we really in a position to do that???

No but a certain lady knows

no.but a certain lady knows exactly

Winston Ingram
09-06-2014, 02:50 PM
It would have to be a big increase over and above last years sales then.

We've sold less than half of what we did last year.

Selling a 1000 would bring in around £300k. He's on approx £120k pa. We don't even need to pay that in a lump sum. Just stick him on gardening leave.

Billychaotic182
09-06-2014, 02:52 PM
Been working is he away or staying?

lord bunberry
09-06-2014, 02:53 PM

Selling a 1000 would bring in around £300k. He's on approx £120k pa. We don't even need to pay that in a lump sum. Just stick him on gardening leave.
I've seen a figure of 4500 season tickets sold so far, is that the true amount or a guess that's become fact?

erskine-hibby
09-06-2014, 02:54 PM

So to just tread water we have to sell twice as many as we have so far. AND still pay compo.

Cropley10
09-06-2014, 02:56 PM

Delighted I'd imagine.

Salisbury Hibby
09-06-2014, 03:05 PM
So to just tread water we have to sell twice as many as we have so far. AND still pay compo.

How did you work that out?

silverhibee
09-06-2014, 03:12 PM

What about MM & SM, where does the money come from to pay them off.

silverhibee
09-06-2014, 03:14 PM
I've seen a figure of 4500 season tickets sold so far, is that the true amount or a guess that's become fact?

Kano said it was less than that at the 'petrieout rally.

erskine-hibby
09-06-2014, 03:14 PM
How did you work that out?

Well assuming we have a budget roughly equal to last years, we have only sold half the season tickets of last year, added to that we have to pay out some kind of compo, we would have to sell more STs than last year to pay for all this surely?
More going out, less than half coming in.

greenginger
09-06-2014, 03:18 PM
Kano said it was less than that at the 'petrieout rally.

And he would know would he ? :confused:

smurf
I wanted him out at full time v Hamilton. However, I think he's never had a chance with what he inherited.

Salisbury Hibby
Well assuming we have a budget roughly equal to last years, we have only sold half the season tickets of last year, added to that we have to pay out some kind of compo, we would have to sell more STs than last year to pay for all this surely?
More going out, less than half coming in.

Figures please - and show your working out. Otherwise it's all just nonsense.

And state your assumptions about the payoff. Variables include salaries of all three, time left on contract etc.

greenginger
09-06-2014, 03:19 PM
What about MM & SM, where does the money come from to pay them off.

Hibs get £ 500,000 parachute payment.

JollyGreenGiant
09-06-2014, 03:19 PM

Before the home play-off, Petrie told me in BTG that we had sold 6200.

matty_f
09-06-2014, 03:20 PM

And state your assumptions about the payoff. Variables include salaries of all three, time left on contract etc.
Sorry, this is hibs.net. Countdown is on channel 4. :agree:

Salisbury Hibby
09-06-2014, 03:25 PM
Sorry, this is hibs.net. Countdown is on channel 4. :agree:

I was just wondering how we would quantify how many STs would cover any potential compensation. It seems a valid point. And on topic, so what's the problem?

erskine-hibby
09-06-2014, 03:29 PM

I'm not looking for an argument and I don't have facts and figures, but as I said assuming that the budget is roughly the same, and assuming we have to pay some kind of compo, where is all this money comimg from if we have only sold half the STs we did last year?

Salisbury Hibby
09-06-2014, 03:34 PM
I'm mot looking for am argument and I don't have facts and figures, but as I said assuming that the budget is roughly the same, and assuming we have to pay some kind of compo, where is all this money comimg from if we have only sold half the STs we did last year?

Neither am I - perhaps I didn't phrase it too well. I think that there are other factors than STs, the parachute payment, sponsorship and cost-cutting that's going on that affects the bottom line (in a good way) and reduced prize money/tv money that affects it in a bad way.

We may still be able to afford paying compensation without it affecting our cash flow catastrophically. But you're right the more STs the better but I would question where the figures of 4500 have been sold have come from and how they got this information.

Potty78
09-06-2014, 03:36 PM
I wanted him out at full time v Hamilton. However, I think he's never had a chance with what he inherited.

He had loads of time with those players. The same players who got him off to a decent start when he came in. It's the rubbish he came out with after drawing at tannidice. To say in the press after that game that most if that team would not be here next season is not good for team moral. His tactics are awful. 442 away in first leg. 4141 at home. Most of his decisions were shocking. I want him gone. Opinions though!

3pm
09-06-2014, 03:40 PM
Terry can beat it.

nribs
09-06-2014, 03:42 PM
Terry can beat it.

He'd struggle to

erskine-hibby
09-06-2014, 03:44 PM
Neither am I - perhaps I didn't phrase it too well. I think that there are other factors than STs, the parachute payment, sponsorship and cost-cutting that's going on that affects the bottom line (in a good way) and reduced prize money/tv money that affects it in a bad way.

We may still be able to afford paying compensation without it affecting our cash flow catastrophically. But you're right the more STs the better but I would question where the figures of 4500 have been sold have come from and how they got this information.

Yeah I'm sure there are other ways the club will cut costs, but IF we have to pay out compo it will affect the cash needed for the squad, unless there is a huge uplift in ST sales. Plus we would also have to attract a new manager of course.

Salisbury Hibby
09-06-2014, 03:47 PM
Yeah I'm sure there are other ways the club will cut costs, but IF we have to pay out compo it will affect the cash needed for the squad, unless there is a huge uplift in ST sales. Plus we would also have to attract a new manager of course.

Shouldn't be too hard. Come to Hibs, get well paid and if you mess up we'll sack you and still carry on paying you. What's not to like.

erskine-hibby
09-06-2014, 03:47 PM
:-D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

greenlex
09-06-2014, 03:49 PM
Nonsense. I'm sure a surge in ST sales will cover that. So we would need to have more than last years season tickets (at SPFL Prices) to have the same budget as last year then if we want to pay them off? I think Erskines logic is bang on the money. Amy pay off would come out the playing budget. Having said that Im sure Fenlons and Calderwoods before him and the one before him and the one before him was the same. This madness needs o stop.

silverhibee
09-06-2014, 03:49 PM
And he would know would he ? :confused:

:dunno:

Dave-O
09-06-2014, 03:52 PM
Getting a bit impatient with this now, if he's back in the country he should have been launched today, were no leaving much time for interviewing new candidates and signing nearly a whole team ( unless leeann already knows who the new manager is :wink: )

#petrieout

Vini1875
09-06-2014, 03:54 PM
He had loads of time with those players. The same players who got him off to a decent start when he came in. It's the rubbish he came out with after drawing at tannidice. To say in the press after that game that most if that team would not be here next season is not good for team moral. His tactics are awful. 442 away in first leg. 4141 at home. Most of his decisions were shocking. I want him gone. Opinions though!

Exactly he had all the time in the world, even if the team was not his choice a decent manager would get the best from what he had and been able to get the players on his side. TB choose to antagonise them he did not manage them. He had six months and only made things worse, 2/3 of a season.

Also it is ironic that many on here saying we cannot afford to get rid because of money, which is the same argument as RP has used to not invest in the team. At some point we have to say f*** the cost, because doing nothing in the short term means we will lose more in the long term. The prime example of this is the 2012 cup final and players bickering about bonuses. The club paying them a huge bonus might have hurt at the time as they did not deserve it or it would have cost us, but look at the outcome. How much did the club lose as a result of having players turn up and not try? How much more would the club have made by paying over the odds and winning?

I do not believe we will win the league with TB and that will cost us a lot. I do not believe that over two legs playing hearts for a playoff spot he can secure us a win. Can we afford to take a chance on a guy who is responsible for us being relegated? Short term financial pain for a long term gain.

silverhibee
09-06-2014, 04:04 PM
So more pish from a twitter source then.

erskine-hibby
09-06-2014, 04:15 PM

#lookslikeit

:-D

John_the_angus_hibby
09-06-2014, 04:18 PM
Well that has been a waste of checking twitter and Hibs.net every 30mins today!

Either he has been shown the door or he needs confirming as our manager. Silence is just getting us not very far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucius Apuleius
09-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Well that has been a waste of checking twitter and Hibs.net every 30mins today!

Either he has been shown the door or he needs confirming as our manager. Silence is just getting us not very far.

Really don't understand this. Why would they announce he is still the manager ? If heis getting punted then an announcement is needed, otherwise it is work as usual.

marti1875
09-06-2014, 04:49 PM
Really don't understand this. Why would they announce he is still the manager ? If heis getting punted then an announcement is needed, otherwise it is work as usual.

Yes, and we have absolutely NO idea if there even was any meeting today regarding the managers role as Leeann clearly just said the meeting with Butcher will be "sometime next week" on the video she done with GS.
So many getting a bit worked up on hearing nothing when quite possibly because there is **** all to announce as there was quite possibly no meeting today, :greengrin

Aldo
09-06-2014, 04:54 PM

Indeed. I'll believe it when I see it on the Fishul site either that or news that he's staying. Either way we need to know.

davcar
09-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Agree with Aldo! We need to move on, let us know ASAP Hibs, speculation isn't helping morale amongst fans and supporters

John_the_angus_hibby
09-06-2014, 05:07 PM

Because nothing at the moment is "work as usual". I would normally agree with you, but due to 1) relegation, 2) new CEO and 3) public discontent if the club is to go into the season with TB it needs to give him a major statement of confidence and a call for fans to get behind him.

lord bunberry
09-06-2014, 05:15 PM

Dempster said she was meeting Butcher to discuss his position,I would expect an announcement regarding the outcome of that meeting. If he's going then I'm sure we will be told why, likewise if he's staying I would expect some sort of rallying call. Maybe I expect to much :greengrin

greenpaper55
09-06-2014, 05:17 PM
Butcher like Petrie is tainted by the relegation and the manner in which it happened, both will be under fire as soon as a few bad results happen with fans calling for their heads, i think both their positions are untenable

marti1875
09-06-2014, 05:21 PM
Dempster said she was meeting Butcher to discuss his position,I would expect an announcement regarding the outcome of that meeting. If he's going then I'm sure we will be told why, likewise if he's staying I would expect some sort of rallying call. Maybe I expect to much :greengrin

Yes, she said she was meeting Butcher THIS WEEK!! She did not say TODAY specifically as i have already said.
I totally agree the frustration is annoying and it should be sorted out a.s.a.p for sure but seeing we have no clue of there was any meeting today then there will obviously not be anything to announce. :greengrin

Weststandwanab
09-06-2014, 05:23 PM
Butcher like Petrie is tainted by the relegation and the manner in which it happened, both will be under fire as soon as a few bad results happen with fans calling for their heads, i think both their positions are untenable

That is my feeling too.

I think we just need to be patient for a couple of days when I expect L D will deliver.

lord bunberry
09-06-2014, 05:23 PM
Yes, she said she was meeting Butcher THIS WEEK!! She did not say TODAY specifically as i have already said.
I totally agree the frustration is annoying and it should be sorted out a.s.a.p for sure but seeing we have no clue of there was any meeting today then there will obviously not be anything to announce. :greengrin

You're right, I wasn't suggesting the meeting was today, only that we should expect to be informed of the outcome of the meeting.

Winston Ingram
09-06-2014, 05:27 PM
So we would need to have more than last years season tickets (at SPFL Prices) to have the same budget as last year then if we want to pay them off? I think Erskines logic is bang on the money. Amy pay off would come out the playing budget. Having said that Im sure Fenlons and Calderwoods before him and the one before him and the one before him was the same. This madness needs o stop.

We likely aren't getting any more ST money if he stays.

We will if he goes & it means the club will be likely to be better off therefore a greater player budget.

The only madness that needs to stop is to stop hiring ****in idiots. It's utter madness it allow these idiots time to do more damage.

Lucius Apuleius
09-06-2014, 05:29 PM
Because nothing at the moment is "work as usual". I would normally agree with you, but due to 1) relegation, 2) new CEO and 3) public discontent if the club is to go into the season with TB it needs to give him a major statement of confidence and a call for fans to get behind him.

Until after a meeting is held and they have something to say them he is still our manager. If heis going they will announce it. Not going to spend my day wondering when an announcement will be made(or not as the case may be)

It might not be a normal situation for us, it might be for them. I don't know bythe way, I just cannot get excited about an announcement that may or may not happen.

TornadoHibby
09-06-2014, 05:38 PM
We likely aren't getting any more ST money if he stays.

We will if he goes & it means the club will be likely to be better off therefore a greater player budget.

The only madness that needs to stop is to stop hiring ****in idiots. It's utter madness it allow these idiots time to do more damage.

Any "pay off" as it seems a legitimate breaking of the employment contract is being described can surely be done on a per month basis until the person "leaving" or being replaced and asked to find another job. It's effectively compensation for loss of office and only covers the income which the person would received under the contract were he not to have been asked to leave. As I undertstand these things, he will be contractually bound to "mitigate his losses" arising therefore will need to try and find another job! :agree:

If he finds another job, then he stops getting paid by Hibs to the extent that the new job pays and Hibs would only pay any excess over what the new job brings! :agree:

I'm sure that the solicitors on here will tell me I'm wrong but we have no contractual liability IMO to pay a lump sum to anyone leaving and many businesses do the month on month payment of wages unless and until new employment is found etc etc! :agree:

Those that get the contract "paid in full" as a lump sum are getting a large "ex gratia" payment to "top up" the contractual entitlement usually for a good reason e.g. to stop them disclosing stuff the club wants to stay private etc! :wink:

It's not all doom and gloom here guys and I'm sgure that Hibs will have the HR solicitors on the case! :wink: :greengrin

John_the_angus_hibby
09-06-2014, 05:39 PM
Agree about ideally not getting excited about a non announcement...but it is what fan forums are for!

And in this case I have to say they need to get into a position of clarity quickly.

Lucius Apuleius
09-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Agree about ideally not getting excited about a non announcement...but it is what fan forums are for!

And in this case I have to say they need to get into a position of clarity quickly.

Nah, cannot get excited on fans forums either.😊

John_the_angus_hibby
09-06-2014, 05:43 PM
A right miserable so and so then eh? ;)

ancienthibby
09-06-2014, 05:46 PM
Any "pay off" as it seems a legitimate breaking of the employment contract is being described can surely be done on a per month basis until the person "leaving" or being replaced and asked to find another job. It's effectively compensation for loss of office and only covers the income which the person would received under the contract were he not to have been asked to leave. As I undertstand these things, he will be contractually bound to "mitigate his losses" arising therefore will need to try and find another job! :agree:

If he finds another job, then he stops getting paid by Hibs to the extent that the new job pays and Hibs would only pay any excess over what the new job brings! :agree:

I'm sure that the solicitors on here will tell me I'm wrong but we have no contractual liability IMO to pay a lump sum to anyone leaving and many businesses do the month on month payment of wages unless and until new employment is found etc etc! :agree:

Those that get the contract "paid in full" as a lump sum are getting a large "ex gratia" payment to "top up" the contractual entitlement usually for a good reason e.g. to stop them disclosing stuff the club wants to stay private etc! :wink:

It's not all doom and gloom here guys and I'm sgure that Hibs will have the HR solicitors on the case! :wink: :greengrin

The only thing for certain is that 'it will be what's in the contract' that defines what happens.

I would be astounded that Hibs (with an employment lawyer on Board) does not have every safe guard built in to manager's contracts so that if he fails, then the contract won't pay out to any extent above legislative requirements.

In real terms, employees can be put on gardening leave so, if this situation with the Three Clowns is managed properly, there should be no need for a big one-off hit to the cash flow!

Lucius Apuleius
09-06-2014, 05:46 PM
A right miserable so and so then eh? ;)

Nah, not really. Just takes more than this to get me excited.

Crazyhorse
09-06-2014, 06:27 PM
Yes, I'd go along with this. If he did come, as soon as there was any type of success he would drop us for Sevco anyway. We need long term stability.

If the next manager is successful and then fecks off he will go with my blessing!

Onion
09-06-2014, 06:40 PM

Maybe we start up a new club called Real Hibs, rent ER, recruit LD to run it along with Stanton and leave Petrie and Butcher to their own devices. Everyone's happy, the 2000 Petrie/Butcher apologists get to see their hoofball, cup finals every week and exciting battle to stay in the Championship. After a couple of seasons we might use them as a feeder club.

Crazyhorse
09-06-2014, 06:54 PM

This is the key issue. There will be lynch mobs as soon as we run into a couple of bad results and Butcher will be axed. A new manager will have some poor results as the new team gel but they will be given a bit of space and time. Butcher won't get this and you can only imagine Malpas' interaction with the crowd...

Weststandwanab
09-06-2014, 07:06 PM
That is really disturbing.

The Green Goblin
09-06-2014, 07:20 PM
That

What

is

is

really

really

disturbing.

disturbing? :wink:

Dave-O
09-06-2014, 07:22 PM
What

is

really

disturbing? :wink:

:top marks........................:greengrin

OsloHibs
09-06-2014, 07:41 PM
Is he out yet? :not worth

JustSimplyHibs
09-06-2014, 07:42 PM
I'm honestly expecting to hear about Butcher being booted on Wedsnesday... I also think Dempster has her man already lined up, someone she knows and can trust to implement her footballing plan. Reckon the appointment will happen within a couple of days with new players arriving late next week.

Probably thinking way out of line but, i think we'll have a new owner by July as well and this new owner wanted Leeann to be the CEO... And i think this is why Petrie is still here - overseeing things and acting as the go between.

Things just seem too calm and secretive!!!!! There is no news...

18/03/07
09-06-2014, 07:47 PM
I don't want Butcher to stay, but if he stays I will support him and the green army

pontius pilate
09-06-2014, 08:06 PM
I said mostly the same thing today with a work colleague just sime things clicking in my brain for instance and I may be wrong on a few:

1, The board knew changes were needed 7 months ago I believe Ms Demoster was approached in november.

2, The rumour sof an american consortium being interested and STF has been doing his homework the last 6M on this grouo.

3, The new investors I beleive has stated that they wanted Ms Dempster in place to begin the new era of our club RP is there to ensure that the handover goes accordingly. They have requested that the management team is replaced (Recently). They will bring in a continental manager who knows how to nurture youth and also knows how to spot a player. New signings will be announced towards the end of this week along with the strip release and new sponsors

SMAXXA
09-06-2014, 08:09 PM
I said mostly the same thing today with a work colleague just sime things clicking in my brain for instance and I may be wrong on a few:

1, The board knew changes were needed 7 months ago I believe Ms Demoster was approached in november.

2, The rumour sof an american consortium being interested and STF has been doing his homework the last 6M on this grouo.

3, The new investors I beleive has stated that they wanted Ms Dempster in place to begin the new era of our club RP is there to ensure that the handover goes accordingly. They have requested that the management team is replaced (Recently). They will bring in a continental manager who knows how to nurture youth and also knows how to spot a player. New signings will be announced towards the end of this week along with the strip release and new sponsors

Guess work and wishful thinking mate?

weonlywon6-2
09-06-2014, 08:12 PM

Wow, this could be a story from Marvel studios
Sorry to mock but this is what happens when we think to much about things.
If im wrong feel free to rip the p1sh from me !

Viva_Palmeiras
09-06-2014, 08:19 PM

But why go for the expensive option in Butcher et al?

I wasn't of the opinion that there was a lack of a 5 year plan, just not a shared one and the reason for a lack of sharing would be would be giving the competition a heads up.

Whether it involves a consortium or a network of well connected, monied Hibees I dunno but with time passing surely there's a decreasing window of opportunity to realise change of custodianship from STFs reign. I think community ownership is only part of a potential solution but can never be the whole.

pontius pilate
09-06-2014, 08:25 PM
They went for butcher hoping that we woukd stayoup that failed also maybe the guy they wanted wasnt available. What better way to endear youreself to the new fan base by getting rid of the old guard..

I never mentioned a five year plan?

Could it be that the new sponsor is in some way in partnership with this alleged consortium and they may already have everyone lined up ready to be unveiled.

Like I said before thats working in my brain and im the only person who understands the workings of it. Hahaha

GGTTH

pontius pilate
09-06-2014, 08:28 PM
Rumour on that great site F/B butcher is sacked

again not 100% tho

Aldo
09-06-2014, 08:32 PM
Rumour on that great site F/B butcher is sacked again not 100% tho

That's been on for most of the afternoon tbh!!

JustSimplyHibs
09-06-2014, 08:36 PM

Yeah it is guess work however, when you look at evidence that has been put out there by some posters, myself included for example, the club comes out with a 'wind of change' statement, this is followed by the breaking announcement of Leeann Dempster before she even told Motherwell!!!. There was a discussion on here a few weeks back (before the current consortium thread) where myself and another poster mentioned something similar i.e. a consortium buying the club and Sir Tom has been spending the last 6 months checking things out (now i know my good friend is no bull****ter). In this six month period Dempster has been approached.

We get relegated and everything goes 'oh so quiet' other than a crappy wee statement more or less saying Petrie aint going anywhere in the near future as he has to "oversee" things!!!! And of course releasing 14 players out of contract and releasing other for next to nothing - leaving us with nothing. Within the last week ESPN broke a take-over attempt story and this is followed up by a well respected Spanish online newspaper breaking the story about Abramovich.

There has been no outright denial by the club or, Sir Tom via offical sources and its been a few days since the story broke. No even a response by Petrie or, Farmer re: Kano's meeting plea... Everything is quiet at the club apart from Leeann controlling everything.

Yes it is guess work with lack of evidence but its how business/take overs work, its happening at Real Mallorca - you bring your own people in with a period of hand-over by the out-going regime members... "a wind of change"

Wont believe it untill it happens though but the way things are at the moment its also ticking away in my head.

Anyway back to topic... Butcher away by Weds

biggineurope
09-06-2014, 08:38 PM
On Friday after meeting with Leanne. Not revealing source. As I'm not 100%.

As long as this is sorted asap, to enable a move forward one way or t'other, we've a team tae build.

Waxy
09-06-2014, 08:41 PM
I get the feeling something huge is rumbling.

greenpaper55
09-06-2014, 08:46 PM

To near the toilet ?

Smiggy 7-0
09-06-2014, 08:48 PM
LD: What type of football will we be playing next season Terry..........Butcher answers Hoofball........LD responds..bye bye Terry

pontius pilate
09-06-2014, 08:57 PM
Yeah it is guess work however, when you look at evidence that has been put out there by some posters, myself included for example, the club comes out with a 'wind of change' statement, this is followed by the breaking announcement of Leeann Dempster before she even told Motherwell!!!. There was a discussion on here a few weeks back (before the current consortium thread) where myself and another poster mentioned something similar i.e. a consortium buying the club and Sir Tom has been spending the last 6 months checking things out (now i know my good friend is no bull****ter). In this six month period Dempster has been approached.

We get relegated and everything goes 'oh so quiet' other than a crappy wee statement more or less saying Petrie aint going anywhere in the near future as he has to "oversee" things!!!! And of course releasing 14 players out of contract and releasing other for next to nothing - leaving us with nothing. Within the last week ESPN broke a take-over attempt story and this is followed up by a well respected Spanish online newspaper breaking the story about Abramovich.

There has been no outright denial by the club or, Sir Tom via offical sources and its been a few days since the story broke. No even a response by Petrie or, Farmer re: Kano's meeting plea... Everything is quiet at the club apart from Leeann controlling everything.

Yes it is guess work with lack of evidence but its how business/take overs work, its happening at Real Mallorca - you bring your own people in with a period of hand-over by the out-going regime members... "a wind of change"

Wont believe it untill it happens though but the way things are at the moment its also ticking away in my head.

Cheer s for that I thought it may have been my mind making all this up with the way it works. I do believe that something is hapoening wether it is going to cause shockwaves or a little tremor I dont know

Ronniekirk
09-06-2014, 09:09 PM
To sleep per chance to Dream .

Callum_62
09-06-2014, 09:10 PM
Does seem awfully quiet round ER parts

Holidays or no, we have a huge amount of work to do...Holidays could be interupted to decide the fate of our manager im sure

No need to even meet face to face....skype meeting wouldnt be hard to arrange

LD and TB have met a few times...im sure minds are already made up...and most likely we are trying to tie up our new managment team

Its all too quiet in the big decisions for me......

Ronniekirk
09-06-2014, 09:10 PM

It's Terry clearing the Log Jam

Turkish Green
09-06-2014, 09:15 PM
The silence is deafening.

SMAXXA
09-06-2014, 09:19 PM
To sleep per chance to Dream .

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush

NAE NOOKIE
09-06-2014, 09:21 PM
Like watching grass grow :greengrin

silverhibee
09-06-2014, 09:23 PM

Arthurs Seat :dunno:

Unseen work
09-06-2014, 09:26 PM
there is away to be some major changes to our football club

Callum_62
09-06-2014, 09:27 PM
a stitch in time saves nine

Ronniekirk
09-06-2014, 09:28 PM
Like watching grass grow :greengrin
Leeann did say she was doing a full review of the club from the grass roots up

Stax
09-06-2014, 09:28 PM
I think the reason everything is so quiet / no statements etc is because it always is with us. I'd love there to be some masterplan in place but I doubt it. I enjoyed Leanne's interview & feel optimistic that changes will happen, but to what extent with budget constraints etc? I felt optimistic when Butcher first came in and talked a good game and like most couldn't forsee the shambles that lay ahead. I hope I'm wrong but talks of consortiums and winds of change just sounds like pish in the wind to me.

Ronniekirk
09-06-2014, 09:29 PM
a stitch in time saves nine

The early bird catches the Worm

Cropley10
09-06-2014, 09:31 PM

The darkest hour is before the dawn.

Peevemor
09-06-2014, 09:33 PM

Never look a gift horse in the bush.

SMAXXA
09-06-2014, 09:33 PM

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."
- Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

SMAXXA
09-06-2014, 09:34 PM

:faf:

Cropley10
09-06-2014, 09:35 PM

Why wouldn't this consortium just buy Hearts?

Next to no debt. More STs. I could go on but won't.

Winston Ingram
09-06-2014, 09:36 PM
Why wouldn't this consortium just buy Hearts?

Next to no debt. More STs. I could go on but won't.

Whole stadium needs rebuilt?

Ronniekirk
09-06-2014, 09:36 PM
A problem shared is a problem doubled

Cropley10
09-06-2014, 09:37 PM

Or the quietest hour is before the consortium buys Hibs

Cropley10
09-06-2014, 09:37 PM
Whole stadium needs rebuilt?

No it doesn't.

New main stand v Hibs debt....?

Cropley10
09-06-2014, 09:38 PM
As you can probably tell I find the consortium chat cringeworthy.

Leith_Hibee
09-06-2014, 09:40 PM
following retirement from playing football i bought my first season ticket (half) of the back of Butchers appointment. Having listened to people I trust about his training sessions I will only buy a season ticket (full) if he goes. He has to go, he is stuck in the dark ages.

Ronniekirk
09-06-2014, 09:41 PM
[QUOTE=SMAXXA;4054742]"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."
- Ayn Rand (

existentialism The Philosophy that man can never be free until he has a full consciousness of his illogical position within a meaningless universe

Cropley10
09-06-2014, 09:41 PM
following retirement from playing football i bought my first season ticket (half) of the back of Butchers appointment. Having listened to people I trust about his training sessions I will only buy a season ticket (full) if he goes. He has to go, he is stuck in the dark ages.

What did you hear. Care to share some examples?

The_Horde
09-06-2014, 09:46 PM

Do you support hibs or Butcher?

Callum_62
09-06-2014, 09:50 PM
Having listened to people I trust about his training sessions I will only buy a season ticket (full) if he goes. He has to go, he is stuck in the dark ages.

We seem to only appoint managers whos training is in the dark ages/boring/too hard etc

:rolleyes:

Viva_Palmeiras
09-06-2014, 09:51 PM
A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush

A bird in taxi is worth two on a bus ;)

Peevemor
09-06-2014, 09:53 PM
:faf:

I can't take the credit for that one

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_Fall_and_Rise_of_Reginald_Perrin

British sitcom at it's best.

scuttle
09-06-2014, 09:53 PM
A bird in taxi is worth two on a bus ;)

He who hesitates are always Hibs

Stax
09-06-2014, 10:00 PM
[QUOTE=SMAXXA;4054742]"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."
- Ayn Rand (

existentialism The Philosophy that man can never be free until he has a full consciousness of his illogical position within a meaningless universe
The boy that came up with that obviously wasn't a football fan then eh..

SMAXXA
09-06-2014, 10:06 PM
- Ayn Rand (

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
- Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)

greenpaper55
09-06-2014, 10:09 PM
Nothing sucks seeds lika budgie wae nae teeth !

Thecat23
09-06-2014, 10:10 PM
Just read this page.... What the **** is going on?!!!

SMAXXA
09-06-2014, 10:12 PM

**** all mate hence the garbo posts. It's a slow news day.....again :wink:

Thecat23
09-06-2014, 10:13 PM
Have to admit sitting laughing away at some of these :D

Peevemor
09-06-2014, 10:13 PM

I didn't get where I am today by knowing what the **** is going on...

Thecat23
09-06-2014, 10:14 PM
Very true Peevemor!!

Stax
09-06-2014, 10:17 PM
I didn't get where I am today by knowing what the **** is going on...
Don't worry peevemor, neither did Marvin Gaye, he didnt have to swear about it mind :greengrin

Peevemor
09-06-2014, 10:22 PM
Very true Peevemor!!

:greengrin:

Ronniekirk
09-06-2014, 10:27 PM
[QUOTE=Ronniekirk;4054756]

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
- Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)

Since Stax mentioned him , Has anyone here seen my old friend Martin ,I just looked around and he s. gone Marvin Gaye .

R'Albin
09-06-2014, 10:46 PM
"Sometimes maybe it's a good thing if you lose an early goal because it takes away the threat of conceding because you have already conceded" - Terry Butcher (2014)

Stax
09-06-2014, 10:54 PM
"Sometimes maybe it's a good thing if you lose an early goal because it takes away the threat of conceding because you have already conceded" - Terry Butcher (2014)
Obviously an existentialist then Terry boy....

SaulGoodman
09-06-2014, 11:07 PM
Announment before 12pm tomorrow.

I'd guess

Boyle89
09-06-2014, 11:07 PM

How on earth can we keep a manager who comes up with crap like that?!

Turkish Green
09-06-2014, 11:09 PM
Don't worry peevemor, neither did Marvin Gaye, he didnt have to swear about it mind :greengrin
Marvin heard it through the carbine.

Stax
09-06-2014, 11:17 PM
:confused: Wtf?

Onion
10-06-2014, 06:51 AM

We can only hope Butcher has further "disclosures" on his football philosophy to share with Leeanne when they meet up for day 2 of his interview.

I reckon it was just after this comment that Petrie thought.... oh ****, I've hired an absolute fruitcake as manager and need to get a new CEO quickly to take the heat. This is not going to end well.

Ronniekirk
10-06-2014, 07:16 AM
We can only hope Butcher has further "disclosures" on his football philosophy to share with Leeanne when they meet up for day 2 of his interview.

I reckon it was just after this comment that Petrie thought.... oh ****, I've hired an absolute fruitcake as manager and need to get a new CEO quickly to take the heat. This is not going to end well.

Leeann has made several things Crystal Clear in her meeting with Supporters at the Weekend .

She has the ambition and drive to get us back up this season

The disconnect between East Mains and First a Team needs bridged.

Her Football Philosophy is ball played in the ground ,fast attacking Football (Hoofball wasn't mentioned )
We need to shift more Season Tickets

We need to engage with and entice more young fans to games .

She will be Ruthless.

So the question exercising her mind for the past week or so will be are T B and his side kicks the Right people to do that

As the Guinness Advert says All Good Things Come To Those Who Wait .

ALF TUPPER
10-06-2014, 07:21 AM
http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Turkish Green http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?p=4054863#post4054863)

carbine ?? :confused:

marti1875
10-06-2014, 07:27 AM
Seemingly talks DID indeed take place yesterday with Butcher but they didnae come to any decision.
Will carry-on today and according to the Daily Rantic should be some sort of announcement this afternoon........but do bear in mind this is from the Rantic though so make of that what you wish, :greengrin

GloryGlory
10-06-2014, 07:41 AM
Seemingly talks DID indeed take place yesterday with Butcher but they didnae come to any decision.
Will carry-on today and according to the Daily Rantic should be some sort of announcement this afternoon........but do bear in mind this is from the Rantic though so make of that what you wish, :greengrin

Continuing to negotiate compromise agreements and compensation packages? We can only hope.

nribs
10-06-2014, 07:43 AM
Any link? Going to be alot of refreshing on here today me thinks :)

greenpaper55
10-06-2014, 07:43 AM

The only thing they can be talking about is the amount of compo otherwise it would be business as usual.

marti1875
10-06-2014, 07:45 AM
Continuing to negotiate compromise agreements and compensation packages? We can only hope.

Aye, well, that's my take on it too as sshhhuuuurely if he was staying it would be quite simple and announce it.
So, hopefully, or wishful thinking maybe, it's just, as you say, trying to sort out the compensation and all that stuff.

Callum_62
10-06-2014, 07:45 AM
could be discussing next years plans

I imagine would've been done and dusted if he was going

marti1875
10-06-2014, 07:47 AM
No link, sorry, using my ipad and i have no idea how to get the link.

Melvin Hibs
10-06-2014, 07:50 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/terry-butcher-sweats-over-hibs-3668393

there you go

southsider
10-06-2014, 07:55 AM
The only thing they can be talking about is the amount of compo otherwise it would be business as usual.
Compo ? He should be paying US. Get him and his sidekicks down the road sharpish. Even makes cc seem not too bad ! Well maybe that is going a bit far.

stantonhibby
10-06-2014, 07:58 AM
could be discussing next years plans

I imagine would've been done and dusted if he was going

Maybe........ but equally could be done and dusted if he was staying ?

SeanWilson
10-06-2014, 08:06 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/terry-butcher-sweats-over-hibs-3668393

there you go

You don't really get much more of a non story than that.... How do these guys get jobs as journalists :confused:

PeterboroHibee
10-06-2014, 08:08 AM
Its a vague piece of information so difficult to know whats going on. It could be a case of Dempster being thorough in understand how Butcher could take us forward, but as someone else has suggested, given the length of the meetings it could be that they are trying to agree compensation. The Record suggesting they are still discussing his future doesnt make it sound particularly positive.

steviehibsleith
10-06-2014, 08:12 AM
LD has now her first major decision to make. How many have had a very important meeting only to go home in the evening digest everything that has been said and think wish i had said that or handled that differntly. Pause for thought from both parties back today and come to the right decision for Hibernian fc is all that matters.

J-C
10-06-2014, 08:12 AM
If Leeann is a lady of her word, then she'll surely listen to what the fans want and get rid of this impostor and his 2 cronies, if not then it's not going to look good for season ticket sales as many will still stay away knowing the football El Tel has to offer.

Beefster
10-06-2014, 08:15 AM
If Leeann is a lady of her word, then she'll surely listen to what the fans want and get rid of this impostor and his 2 cronies, if not then it's not going to look good for season ticket sales as many will still stay away knowing the football El Tel has to offer.

Dempster has said she wants to engage with the support. She, rightly, hasn't said that she'll bow down to popular demand every time the support wants something.

Waxy
10-06-2014, 08:31 AM
If the club sack Butcher, that's fine. If they keep Butcher, they must have a good reason. Whatever the club decide i will back them.

matty_f
10-06-2014, 08:34 AM
Dempster has said she wants to engage with the support. She, rightly, hasn't said that she'll bow down to popular demand every time the support wants something.

Correct. I don't doubt that she'll do what's best for the football club in her opinion. That might mean that all things considered she decides keeping Butcher is a better option than sacking him, or vice versa. What the fans want needs to be considered but it can't be the main reason either way.

Stevie Reid
10-06-2014, 08:34 AM
If the club sack Butcher, that's fine. If they keep Butcher, they must have a good reason. Whatever the club decide i will back them.

But it needs to be decided and put to bed quickly. This delay is helping no one.

Stevie Reid
10-06-2014, 08:37 AM
Correct. I don't doubt that she'll do what's best for the football club in her opinion. That might mean that all things considered she decides keeping Butcher is a better option than sacking him, or vice versa. What the fans want needs to be considered but it can't be the main reason either way.

Very true, Matty. But as I was just saying on the PM board, the last thing we need is a protracted affair where people get their hopes up that he's leaving after days of speculation - only to find out that he's staying after all. That will just lower morale even further.

If LD decideds to back him, I'll go for it - but I'll be happy if he goes also. But it needs to be decided and confirmed today either way, so we can get on with things one way or another.

Jones28
10-06-2014, 08:37 AM
Whatever the decision, we must get behind the team and the board. We can't let the support be split and fragmented, so much has been done over the past couple of weeks. I think we as fans have been better than ever.

Personally I hope butcher stays and him and LD work together. If we play football next season the same way ICT did last season then I'll be quite happy.

Waxy
10-06-2014, 08:39 AM
But it needs to be decided and put to bed quickly. This delay is helping no one.
Agree.

matty_f
10-06-2014, 08:47 AM
Very true, Matty. But as I was just saying on the PM board, the last thing we need is a protracted affair where people get their hopes up that he's leaving after days of speculation - only to find out that he's staying after all. That will just lower morale even further.

If LD decideds to back him, I'll go for it - but I'll be happy if he goes also. But it needs to be decided and confirmed today either way, so we can get on with things one way or another.

Totally agree mate. :agree:

greenpaper55
10-06-2014, 08:53 AM
Only a couple of weeks until the new fixtures are out so something has to be settled soon, we have half a team to get in place !.

smurf
10-06-2014, 09:06 AM

Agreed and furthermore if he does stay he has obviously convinced Leeann he is the man to get us up. That being the case we must unite behind that and let TB put HIS team on the park.

I am becoming bored reading he is a terrible manager etc etc and only got lucky at Inverness. It is absolute nonsense. With probably the lowest budget in the then SPL he almost had to build a team every summer.

The football was maybe not for the absolute purist but it was hardly hoofball. ICT played an exciting brand of winning football.

TB quite possibly deserves to lose his job as there's no excuse or justification for us being relegated (I still can't believe it) however he absolutely did inherit a shambles that any proper manager would have found challenging.

sleeping giant
10-06-2014, 09:08 AM
I think if he was getting punted , he would be away by now.
Discussing signings today I would imagine.

Baker9
10-06-2014, 09:13 AM
Agreed and furthermore if he does stay he has obviously convinced Leeann he is the man to get us up. That being the case we must unite behind that and let TB put HIS team on the park.

I am becoming bored reading he is a terrible manager etc etc and only got lucky at Inverness. It is absolute nonsense. With probably the lowest budget in the then SPL he almost had to build a team every summer.

The football was maybe not for the absolute purist but it was hardly hoofball. ICT played an exciting brand of winning football.

TB quite possibly deserves to lose his job as there's no excuse or justification for us being relegated (I still can't believe it) however he absolutely did inherit a shambles that any proper manager would have found challenging.

A good balanced view but any other proper manager would have kept us up. I cannot find it in me to forgive that.

Crazyhorse
10-06-2014, 09:18 AM

I can't really agree with your last sentence. He inherited a poor team but there were far worse teams in the league. He failed more spectacularly than any other manager I have seen at Easter Road - Duff Jimmy is the only comparison I can make.

Scottie
10-06-2014, 09:19 AM

Oh ! I ****ing hope NO. :no way:

nribs
10-06-2014, 09:21 AM

Go baxk to sleep you :)

Aldo
10-06-2014, 09:25 AM
I think if he was getting punted , he would be away by now. Discussing signings today I would imagine.

I can see where your coming from SG!!!

Either way we need to know and sooner rather than later IMHO.

MyJo
10-06-2014, 09:26 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27775893

seems like he just cant help himself:

Terry Butcher's future as manager of Hibernian is expected to be clarified within the next 48 hours.
Butcher met the club's chief executive Leeann Dempster and club chairman Rod Petrie on Monday to discuss his plans for the forthcoming season.
Dempster and Petrie will now hold discussions with other members of the Easter Road board before deciding on whether to keep Butcher in place.

blackpoolhibs
10-06-2014, 09:32 AM

Whether its true or not, he's still perceived to be in charge by some. And that's why a lot of folk don't believe whats said from the club.

And until he's gone this will continue, and the divide in the support will still be there.

Saorsa
10-06-2014, 09:35 AM

c'mon now, he's just the conduit overseeing the far reaching changes :agree:

SmashinGlass
10-06-2014, 09:35 AM
Whether its true or not, he's still perceived to be in charge by some. And that's why a lot of folk don't believe whats said from the club.

And until he's gone this will continue, and the divide in the support will still be there.

Unfortunately, his attendance at this meeting does not give credence to Leeann Dempster's assertions that she has full autonomy. However, he may not have been there and this could be the media misrepresenting the truth. Eithe way, it's not good

blackpoolhibs
10-06-2014, 09:36 AM
Unfortunately, his attendance at this meeting does not give credence to Leeann Dempster's assertions that she has full autonomy. However, he may not have been there and this could be the media misrepresenting the truth. Eithe way, it's not good

:agree:

Lee Marvin
10-06-2014, 09:36 AM

Rage levels starting to rise again!! He needs to gtf, fast. If true, this shows complete contempt to us fans who were promised 'full running of the club was passed to dempster'.

First major decision, rod is involved. Joke.

lord bunberry
10-06-2014, 09:40 AM

What exactly did he achieve at Inverness?

nribs
10-06-2014, 09:44 AM
Rage levels starting to rise again!! He needs to gtf, fast. If true, this shows complete contempt to us fans who were promised 'full running of the club was passed to dempster'.

Let's just remember this is the BBC reporting. Never been the most reliable

Baldy Foghorn
10-06-2014, 09:44 AM
I was told TB met LD only, RP was not there.....BBC got it wrong?

greenpaper55
10-06-2014, 09:45 AM
c'mon now, he's just the conduit overseeing the far reaching changes :agree:

Conduit, i can think of another word that begins with C that is more appropriate !

Callum_62

Nothing...before he took over they were always a top half SPL side

stokesmessiah

According to the BBC, let's not get too excited !

JimBHibees
10-06-2014, 09:47 AM

4th in the league, 2nd in the league when he left, league cup semi final. Scottish cup semis all with a club who are tiny in comparison with others including our own. A record of finding cheap players and making them into a hard working team. While I think it is fair to criticise what he has done at Hibs to try and airbrush the superb job he did at ICT really does nobody any favours. I think he has struggled with the constant scrutiny at Hibs and the expectations which werent there in Inverness.

Bunter
10-06-2014, 09:48 AM
Not like any media outlet to use "Cut & Paste" journalism online. Just add Leeann's name in and not bother removing Rod's.
Gets hits on their website and a "source" of fan discontent to report on. Win-Win for them.

Saorsa
10-06-2014, 09:48 AM
According to the BBC, let's not get too excited !And will Hibs admit it even if he was? While he remains, the suspicion remains, it's what he's always done before and it remains tae divide the support.

JimBHibees
10-06-2014, 09:49 AM

If they have got it wrong another example of them stirring it deliberately against Hibs.

Peevemor
10-06-2014, 09:51 AM
Conduit, i can think of another word that begins with C that is more appropriate !

Chairman?

ALF TUPPER
10-06-2014, 09:52 AM
No need for the cunduit to be at any meeting involving LD & TB

ALF TUPPER
10-06-2014, 09:52 AM
Sorry about above typo. Spellcheck ! :)

Aldo
10-06-2014, 09:53 AM
If they have got it wrong another example of them stirring it deliberately against Hibs.

Beat me to it Jim. Yip at every turn they look to stir the *****. They don't know Who was at the meeting. Pure speculation!!

scoopyboy
10-06-2014, 09:54 AM

That would be my bet.

cleanyman
10-06-2014, 09:55 AM
We need to get the ball rolling.

The clock is ticking for the new season and there's so many things to sort out.

If Butcher was to be sacked, he should have been sacked the day after relegation.

matty_f
10-06-2014, 09:55 AM

Ah FFS, I had my pitchfork out already!

hibee62
10-06-2014, 10:01 AM

BBC ****-stirring!

lord bunberry
4th in the league, 2nd in the league when he left, league cup semi final. Scottish cup semis all with a club who are tiny in comparison with others including our own. A record of finding cheap players and making them into a hard working team. While I think it is fair to criticise what he has done at Hibs to try and airbrush the superb job he did at ICT really does nobody any favours. I think he has struggled with the constant scrutiny at Hibs and the expectations which werent there in Inverness.

I'm not trying to airbrush what he did at Inverness, all I'm saying is that what he achieved isn't as good as some are making out. Ross County got to a cup final and finished high up the league(5th I think) St Johnstone won the cup this year, have consistently finished in the top half, Killie won the league cup as did St Mirren, what Motherwell have achieved has been remarkable.
What Butcher achieved with Inverness shouldn't be belittled in anyway, but it shouldn't be forgotten that he got them relegated and they only managed 1 top half finish under Butcher, with most probably another this year(although I thought he would have done that with us and look how that turned out) it wasn't all success.

The_Todd
Nothing...before he took over they were always a top half SPL side

I hope this is sarcasm. Before he took over ICT had never finished in the top half. Ever.

Before TB, Inverness finished: 8th, 7th, 8th, 9th then 12th in his first season (and they were 12th when he took over).

I'm not defending TB, but attacking him with false data is counter-productive.

Waxy
Bbc like to stir us up.

AlbertK86
10-06-2014, 10:07 AM
STV Raman tweeted it before BBC that TB had met LD and RP

could just be guesswork on journo part but IF he was there then it ain't a good start for Leeann being in sole control

Peevemor

Absolute nonsense! The over reaction on here is pathetic.

IF both LD & RP attended the meeting, you can be sure that they're singing from the same songsheet.

And IF TB was to be emptied, it'd normal for RP to propose himself to do the deed, given that it was he who employed TB in the first place.

Callum_62
I hope this is sarcasm. Before he took over ICT had never finished in the top half. Ever.

Before TB, Inverness finished: 8th, 7th, 8th, 9th then 12th in his first season (and they were 12th when he took over).

I'm not defending TB, but attacking him with false data is counter-productive.

:wink::greengrin

I know, lowest form of wit and all that....

We would KILL for someone to make us as good as TB made Inverness

Will he get a long enough chance to do that here...or has be blown it already

We gotta find out this week

If he goes, only guy I can think of to get excited about is McCall

Beefster

IF both LD & RP attended the meeting, you can be sure that they're singing from the same songsheet.

And IF TB was to be emptied, it'd normal for RP to propose himself to do the deed, given that it was he who employed TB in the first place.

Rubbish. It's another chance to moan like **** about Rodders/Dempster/Butcher/Hibs. We should definitely take it. If only, somehow, we could tie Hanlon and Stevenson to the meeting too...

Turkish Green
10-06-2014, 10:10 AM
And like 'conduit' does it also end in a 'T' per chance?

I could be on Countdown, me.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-06-2014, 10:10 AM
@STVRaman: Told that Terry Butcher will learn by today or tomorrow if he's still Hibs manager. Met Dempster/Petrie y'day. No meetings planned for today

AlbertK86
10-06-2014, 10:11 AM
Absolute nonsense! The over reaction on here is pathetic. IF both LD & RP attended the meeting, you can be sure that they're singing from the same songsheet. And IF TB was to be emptied, it'd normal for RP to propose himself to do the deed, given that it was he who employed TB in the first place.

Not convinced he was definitely there but if he was how do we know who made decision. To me it doesn't help Leeann's reputation in the eyes of the fans and backs up the majority view that he is still running the show

If he is meant to have handed over control WTF was he involved in the meeting for

Callum_62
10-06-2014, 10:11 AM
@STVRaman: Told that Terry Butcher will learn by today or tomorrow if he's still Hibs manager. Met Dempster/Petrie y'day. No meetings planned for today

so the meeting finished yesterday with no confirmation either way?

A day or 2 to mull it over?

intriguing... :cb

Peevemor
10-06-2014, 10:13 AM
Not convinced he was definitely there but if he was how do we know who made decision. To me it doesn't help Leeann's reputation in the eyes of the fans and backs up the majority view that he is still running the show

If he is meant to have handed over control WTF was he involved in the meeting for

Did you read my post?

Billychaotic182
10-06-2014, 10:17 AM
I hand on heart believe that Terry will turn this around if given the chance. Last season I hated the man, when he took off Heff for jones against Accies I almost popped a pile! But we have seen this before from him with ICT and if we don't jump the gun and down play signings coz we haven't heard of them then I believe we can turn this around. Although the auld bugger needs to work on his man management and tactics first as he was shocking last season at that too

Mr White
10-06-2014, 10:19 AM
Would they require a board meeting and majority vote to sack butcher?

Greenworld
10-06-2014, 10:19 AM

Totally agree don't see the problem......my only concern is it is all happening at snails pace I don't
Understand why.

If there is a big New plan you would have thought it would all happen fast.....perhaps it still will
Bombarded with good news stories day after day for week or two might be the ploy ....he says desperately

Winston Ingram
10-06-2014, 10:22 AM
Petrie just left ER and refused to comment on Butcher's position according to Jamie Borthwick

nribs
10-06-2014, 10:24 AM
Petrie just left ER and refused to comment on Butcher's position according to Jamie Borthwick

Because it's nothing to do with Petrie?

Kato
...BBC got it wrong?

Probably. The only other explanation is that they like stirring it up.

Greenworld
I hand on heart believe that Terry will turn this around if given the chance. Last season I hated the man, when he took off Heff for jones against Accies I almost popped a pile! But we have seen this before from him with ICT and if we don't jump the gun and down play signings coz we haven't heard of them then I believe we can turn this around. Although the auld bugger needs to work on his man management and tactics first as he was shocking last season at that too

Laughed when I read this you believe he is the man yet he needs to work on man management and tactics...mmmmmmm is that not the very reason to get rid off if he isn't good at that.

HibbySpurs
10-06-2014, 10:25 AM
Would they require a board meeting and majority vote to sack butcher?

It depends on the management set up...

I would hope the company's CEO has the authority to dismiss any employee including the Manager.

Ultimately the only time a board vote should required to remove someone is to remove the CEO on behalf of the share holders (or perhaps also another board member).

Dont quote me on that mind but that's how I think it should work.

smurf
10-06-2014, 10:27 AM

Against what he'd be expected to achieve I'd say his achievements were remarkable. Getting ICT to be top six is almost as impressive as somehow getting us relegated.

Mr White
10-06-2014, 10:28 AM
It depends on the management set up...

I would hope the company's CEO has the authority to dismiss any employee including the Manager.

Ultimately the only time a board vote should required to remove someone is to remove the CEO on behalf of the share holders (or perhaps also another board member).

Dont quote me on that mind but that's how I think it should work.

:aok: cheers

Keith_M
10-06-2014, 10:29 AM
Is he out yet? :not worth

Wow!

Butcher is GAY???

ScottB
10-06-2014, 10:30 AM
You'd generally expect at least 2 members of staff to attend a meeting that amounts to a possible dismissal, just from an HR stand point as much as anything else. It's entirely logical for Leeann to take Petrie with her, as both a senior member of staff and the person that employed Butcher and has worked with him up until her appointment.

Folk are, understandably, too quick to jump to the worst possible outcome when there's zero evidence for it.

Peevemor
10-06-2014, 10:31 AM
You'd generally expect at least 2 members of staff to attend a meeting that amounts to a possible dismissal, just from an HR stand point as much as anything else. It's entirely logical for Leeann to take Petrie with her, as both a senior member of staff and the person that employed Butcher and has worked with him up until her appointment.

Folk are, understandably, too quick to jump to the worst possible outcome when there's zero evidence for it.

**** me! Another Petrie apologist!

Billychaotic182
10-06-2014, 10:33 AM
Laughed when I read this you believe he is the man yet he needs to work on man management and tactics...mmmmmmm is that not the very reason to get rid off if he isn't good at that.

I think he is the man based on his past. But for me id like to seen him improve on the things I mentioned. Put it this way I think e can turn it around as he has done in the past but if he is to be sacked I wouldn't be bothered as we can hopefully attracted someone like tony mowbray. Key word there was hopefully haha

AlbertK86
10-06-2014, 10:34 AM
Did you read my post?

Yep that's why I replied ....

Thecat23
10-06-2014, 10:35 AM
I'm starting to think all parties know what's going on and TB is a goner. The delay is compo and Hibs are already lining up the next manager so he's in place soon as TB leaves.

Then again that could be miles off :D

ScottB
10-06-2014, 10:38 AM
**** me! Another Petrie apologist!

What can I say, it's the moustache. It's almost... Hypnotic!

HibbySpurs
10-06-2014, 10:41 AM

I'd agree with that, corroboration is important if the then punted employee decides to bring a court action for ufair,wrongful, constructive dismissal etc.

bingo70
10-06-2014, 10:44 AM
I'm starting to think all parties know what's going on and TB is a goner. The delay is compo and Hibs are already lining up the next manager so he's in place soon as TB leaves.

That's what I think too and I think it'll be McCall.

Thecat23
10-06-2014, 10:47 AM

Really would like McCall, but whether we can afford compo for our current management team and also buy out McCall I'm not so sure. But he'd defo be the one for me to get is out the championship.

nribs
10-06-2014, 10:47 AM

I dont think it will be but would be absolutely ecstatic of it was.

LancsHibs
10-06-2014, 10:48 AM

Winston Ingram
10-06-2014, 10:49 AM

I'd imagine George Craig will have been on the case sizing up a replacement.:agree:

AlbertK86
10-06-2014, 10:49 AM
Or could it be there was truth in a family member being unwell or other personal issues, TB wants out and we are trying to persuade him otherwise

Much as I would prefer he left I hope he hasn't got any such personal issues

Again whichever way it swings I'll back the manager and Leeann to hopefully get us back where we belong

Winston Ingram
10-06-2014, 10:52 AM

It's not as far fetched as people may think.

He's probably done all he can at Motherwell. His budget will be squeezed again next season. He's probably best getting out for the sake of his reputation. His stock is as high as it's going to get there.

DunblaneHibby
10-06-2014, 10:52 AM

Spot on

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-06-2014, 10:54 AM
I'd imagine George Craig will have been on the case sizing up a replacement.:agree:

That's Leeann's job is it not? Plus, don't think Craig has been appointed yet. Even when he joins, I'm sure I was told he will be doing something with the youth and academy.

Wheat Hound
10-06-2014, 10:55 AM
Is McCalls assistant Kenny Black? Would folk readily accept him at ER?