PDA

View Full Version : Heffernan to Carlisle - anybody heard this?

madhatter
02-06-2014, 03:59 PM
Heard that Heffernan might be in negotiations with Carlisle. Anybody heard? Might be garbage. Just wondering.

Unseen work
02-06-2014, 04:00 PM
hopefully

CB_NO3
02-06-2014, 04:09 PM
Another decent SPL player that we have managed to ruin 😱

madhatter
02-06-2014, 04:13 PM
Another decent SPL player that we have managed to ruin 

We didn't ruin him him. He got injured and when he did have his chances he ruined them more often than not. Unlucky but hardly lit up the playoffs did he?

May I remind you he also went from a wee team playing in front of 3-5k to a team with 11k average with high expectation.

nribs
02-06-2014, 04:17 PM
We didn't ruin him him. He got injured and when he did have his chances he ruined them more often than not. Unlucky but hardly lit up the playoffs did he?

May I remind you he also went from a wee team playing in front of 3-5k to a team with 11k average with high expectation.I guess you know he played in front of bigger attendances at Shef Wed. Ask any Wednesday fan where they think they should be? The crowds and expectation levels at Easter Road didn't get to Heffernan.

Scottie
02-06-2014, 04:20 PM
The quicker the better for me as he has been pish every time he's put on a Hibs top.

madhatter
02-06-2014, 04:23 PM
I guess you know he played in front of bigger attendances at Shef Wed. Ask any Wednesday fan where they think they should be? The crowds and expectation levels at Easter Road didn't get to Heffernan.

Who cares? He failed. He like McPake, OTJ amongst others have done well at Hibs, picking up wages but rarely playing. Clancy type players. You'd think we had Chelsea's physio or something? Heffernan is to blame, not club or fans. Whether he bottled or not I don't care. Blaming ourselves is farcical. Its like a wife apologising to a wife beater, seriously.

nribs
02-06-2014, 04:33 PM
Who cares? He failed. He like McPake, OTJ amongst others have done well at Hibs, picking up wages but rarely playing. Clancy type players. You'd think we had Chelsea's physio or something? Heffernan is to blame, not club or fans. Whether he bottled or not I don't care. Blaming ourselves is farcical. Its like a wife apologising to a wife beater, seriously.
Not really sure what your on about tbh? Wife beaters? Blaming ourselves? Chelsea Physio?

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-06-2014, 04:40 PM
Quite a few of Hibs recent players would enjoy themselves down Botchergate!

madhatter
02-06-2014, 04:40 PM
Not really sure what your on about tbh? Wife beaters? Blaming ourselves? Chelsea Physio?

Blame ourselves and wife beater was in reference to "another decent SPL player we've ruined". Simple really. Good players come to Hibs and become flops and its seen as our fault. Dean Shiels, David Murphy et al prospered at Hibs. These others including Heffernan are wasters, wait for the leaving interview stating "I was fit" to save face.

Chelsea physio, last time I checked she was reknowned for being a looker. More a matter of opinion but in my opinion id be injured a fair bit...I'll save groin strains or pulling groin comments for others.

Golden Bear
02-06-2014, 04:43 PM
There's absolutely no place for football players at ER unfortunately.

Waxy
02-06-2014, 04:50 PM
Ah Paul Heffernan. Only a good striker when playing in a proper team playin football along the ground. No good to us really unless Butcher goes.

madhatter
02-06-2014, 04:54 PM
Ah Paul Heffernan. Only a good striker when playing in a proper team playin football along the ground. No good to us really unless Butcher goes.

I'd rather keep Butcher personally. Club can't afford more medical costs. Butcher's teams before us didn't play hoof ball. I actually remember ICT getting plaudits for exciting football. Oh and club can't afford to pay more compensation for another management change. I may be wrong. Can't see us having cash to throw around.

R11Loaded
02-06-2014, 05:07 PM
Chelsea physio, last time I checked she was reknowned for being a looker. More a matter of opinion but in my opinion id be injured a fair bit...I'll save groin strains or pulling groin comments for others.

Hibs physio is @kittyforrest1 on twitter by the way, seems a lovely lass

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

Albanian Hibs
02-06-2014, 05:08 PM
The quicker the better for me as he has been pish every time he's put on a Hibs top.

Really?????

Wheat Hound
02-06-2014, 05:14 PM
Hibs physio is @kittyforrest1 on twitter by the way, seems a lovely lass

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

just checked aforementioned Kittys twitter.....no wonder we have so many players out injured so much!!!

Paisley Hibby
02-06-2014, 05:16 PM
I'd rather keep Butcher personally. Club can't afford more medical costs. Butcher's teams before us didn't play hoof ball. I actually remember ICT getting plaudits for exciting football. Oh and club can't afford to pay more compensation for another management change. I may be wrong. Can't see us having cash to throw around.

We can't afford not to sack him. The guy is beyond useless and if he stays we're ******.

Scottie
02-06-2014, 05:28 PM
Really?????

Yes Really ! :agree:

Scouse Hibee
02-06-2014, 05:38 PM
I hope Heffernan stays he's the type of experienced forward we need to keep on board, his movement, reading of the game and desire will be invaluable to Hibs in the championship.

cmcd
02-06-2014, 05:40 PM
We can't afford not to sack him. The guy is beyond useless and if he stays we're ******.
I understand football is all about opinions but there is no pleasing some people Yes we have been poor but to blame a player like PH is nonsense Joe Baker would have struggled to score with the ball constantly 20ft in the air I am sure with half decent service PH would have been able to score goals Some of the comments on here are out of order We are Hibs not Barcelona You get what you pay for We have had some great strikers in my life time and we have also had some strikers ? much worse than PH

lapsedhibee
02-06-2014, 05:43 PM
I understand football is all about opinions but there is no pleasing some people Yes we have been poor but to blame a player like PH is nonsense Joe Baker would have struggled to score with the ball constantly 20ft in the air I am sure with half decent service PH would have been able to score goals Some of the comments on here are out of order We are Hibs not Barcelona You get what you pay for We have had some great strikers in my life time and we have also had some strikers ? much worse than PH

Shirley was talking about sacking Butcher, not Heffernan?

cmcd
02-06-2014, 05:46 PM
Shirley was talking about sacking Butcher, not Heffernan?
Sorry was aiming at people such as Madhatter

madhatter
02-06-2014, 06:08 PM
Sorry was aiming at people such as Madhatter

Eh? How can you make that statement anyway? Do you know how much Heffernan will be paid? Do you know how much he's been injured? Did we narrowly miss out on Europe or something? Nah, we got relegated in a humiliating fashion. As one of our experienced players he can and should take the can. Sorry but how do people back notoriously injured, lazy (Boyd) type players after relegation? Heffernan I actually think is a clinical goalscorer but I also think he rarely runs and can barely last 90mins when he isn't out injured. We especially now don't have the luxury of a lazy goalscorer.

cmcd
02-06-2014, 06:33 PM
Eh? How can you make that statement anyway? Do you know how much Heffernan will be paid? Do you know how much he's been injured? Did we narrowly miss out on Europe or something? Nah, we got relegated in a humiliating fashion. As one of our experienced players he can and should take the can. Sorry but how do people back notoriously injured, lazy (Boyd) type players after relegation? Heffernan I actually think is a clinical goalscorer but I also think he rarely runs and can barely last 90mins when he isn't out injured. We especially now don't have the luxury of a lazy goalscorer.
Unlike many posters i only make comments on what i see or know for a fact No i do not know how much PH is paid and im sure he never wanted to be injured Have to disagree about him being lazy I have already stated that the best of strikers could`nt score in this Hibs team

madhatter
02-06-2014, 06:47 PM
Unlike many posters i only make comments on what i see or know for a fact No i do not know how much PH is paid and im sure he never wanted to be injured Have to disagree about him being lazy I have already stated that the best of strikers could`nt score in this Hibs team

You have posted on here saying that my opinion is nonsense - kinda blows the whole fact thing out of the water because that is an opinion. Sorry.

I never said I blame Heffernan. This thread started as "Heffernan to Carlisle - anybody heard this?". I responded saying it is Heffernan's fault like all the players in response to "Another decent SPL player that we have managed to ruin 😱" which I find is a perfectly justifiable stance considering we're supposed to be supporters of this club and saying we wreck players is not going to help matters. He didn't, like the whole team (hence clearing all of them barring youngsters), have a great season and from a comfortable lead, was part of a team that capitulated and got us relegated. Who is to blame?

Butcher? If you only deal in facts then here are some: Butcher had a 34% win ratio at Motherwell and 41% at ICT. If like many fans you are backing "Butcher out" with Petrie then I'm sorry I don't understand protecting players over managers. Whether they like the manager or the system, they are paid to do a job. And sadly, as is evident, by our predicament, they didn't do it. By our trend of sacking managers we're increasingly in the position of not being able to afford a team, can people not grasp this?

But hey "Sack the manager!" never gets boring at ER and "we've got good players, just need a good manager" stuff, over and over again, doesn't get boring, does it? We've cleaned out manager after manager with people on here backing the players. Yet we're still on the decline. Petrie's to blame! Butcher's to blame! Never a player or players though!

The_Horde
02-06-2014, 06:51 PM
You have posted on here saying that my opinion is nonsense - kinda blows the whole fact thing out of the water because that is an opinion. Sorry.

I never said I blame Heffernan. This thread started as "Heffernan to Carlisle - anybody heard this?". I responded saying it is Heffernan's fault like all the players in response to "Another decent SPL player that we have managed to ruin 😱" which I find is a perfectly justifiable stance considering we're supposed to be supporters of this club and saying we wreck players is not going to help matters. He didn't, like the whole team (hence clearing all of them barring youngsters), have a great season and from a comfortable lead, was part of a team that capitulated and got us relegated. Who is to blame?

Butcher? If you only deal in facts then here are some: Butcher had a 34% win ratio at Motherwell and 41% at ICT. If like many fans you are backing "Butcher out" with Petrie then I'm sorry I don't understand protecting players over managers. Whether they like the manager or the system, they are paid to do a job. And sadly, as is evident, by our predicament, they didn't do it. By our trend of sacking managers we're increasingly in the position of not being able to afford a team, can people not grasp this?

But hey "Sack the manager!" never gets boring at ER and "we've got good players, just need a good manager" stuff, over and over again, doesn't get boring, does it? We've cleaned out manager after manager with people on here backing the players. Yet we're still on the decline. Petrie's to blame! Butcher's to blame! Never a player or players though!

That's a top rant and describes my feelings exactly.

sahib
02-06-2014, 07:07 PM

I never said I blame Heffernan. This thread started as "Heffernan to Carlisle - anybody heard this?". I responded saying it is Heffernan's fault like all the players in response to "Another decent SPL player that we have managed to ruin " which I find is a perfectly justifiable stance considering we're supposed to be supporters of this club and saying we wreck players is not going to help matters. He didn't, like the whole team (hence clearing all of them barring youngsters), have a great season and from a comfortable lead, was part of a team that capitulated and got us relegated. Who is to blame?

Were you frothing at the mouth as you wrote this? After I read it I couldn't get this horrible image out of my head. It stands comparison with one of the Fuhrer's finest Nuremberg efforts.

madhatter
02-06-2014, 07:30 PM
Were you frothing at the mouth as you wrote this? After I read it I couldn't get this horrible image out of my head. It stands comparison with one of the Fuhrer's finest Nuremberg efforts.

No, sorry. It isn't. Too many people want to be confrontational and when I reply in kind people seem to come out of the woodwork to join in. Petty stuff. I started a "Heffernan to Carlisle - anybody heard this?" thread. Look at it now.

Facts that can be debated but proof is there to be had:
1. Players have had easy ride at Hibs as manager will, as is clear on here, take the brunt of the abuse/criticism.
2. Butcher has good record elsewhere but will with this attitude, like all other managers, fail then players will leave on frees.
3. People are good at saying "sack the manager" without funds or suggested alternative.
4. More argumentative people on here that just fancy being involved. A debate isn't an argument and clearly people would rather come out with smart **** comments than bring anything useful to the table.

Making comparisions with my comments and the "Fuhrer's finest Nuremberg efforts" is ridiculous. Sacking yet another manager with a cut-throat mentality should surely be more comparable to Hitler than saying a few players are to blame for us being relegated? I'm happy to accept opinions. You're comments and whomever called my opinion "nonsense" on a thread entitled "Heffernan to Carlisle - anybody heard this?" are becoming indicative and tiresome. I said "I'd prefer to keep Butcher" whilst some said "Prefer to keep Heffernan". Why does "nonsense" always creep up and utterly ridiculous comments like this.

Sometimes I feel I'd be more welcome on a Hearts forum even though I'm a Hibs fanatic.