PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, if posted already- not seen it

DarlingtonHibee
02-06-2014, 03:40 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/rod-petrie-will-survive-and-hibs-can-thrive-1-3429712

DarlingtonHibee
02-06-2014, 04:18 PM
Has this been posted already - raises some good points re "plan" from the four in hand team - Kano must be loving the increased profits.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-06-2014, 04:23 PM
Calling them the 4IH team doesnae do you any favours.

DarlingtonHibee
02-06-2014, 04:26 PM
Calling them the 4IH team doesnae do you any favours.

Sorry - what should I call them ?

NAE NOOKIE
02-06-2014, 04:35 PM

The group of 4 will do. Not sure what your "profits" dig is about.

As for the article .... pretty well sums up the case for keeping Petrie as put forward by his supporters and supports the theory that so long as RP has the support of Tom Farmer he is untouchable ..... no matter the opinion of thousands of the clubs paying customers.

Interestingly .... The article also supports the theory that Petrie is as much ( if not more ) motivated by his chance of being top dog at the SFA .... IE his own self interest ... than doing his job for the good of Hibs and its supporters.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-06-2014, 04:37 PM

You better check with Rod for the official party line. :-)

DarlingtonHibee
02-06-2014, 04:46 PM

The group of four.

Kano - great player, like most moved into the pub business .

Simon P - met Simon at RP first meeting 15 years ago, was hammering STF then !! nice guy, but a journalist - dont let the truth get in the way of a story !!

Mike R- dont know the guy - but does not speak for me.

Kenny M - knew his Dad, like him he is a good Hibs man.

NAE NOOKIE
02-06-2014, 04:57 PM
The group of four.

Kano - great player, like most moved into the pub business .

Simon P - met Simon at RP first meeting 15 years ago, was hammering STF then !! nice guy, but a journalist - dont let the truth get in the way of a story !!

Mike R- dont know the guy - but does not speak for me.

Kenny M - knew his Dad, like him he is a good Hibs man.

Nothing I didn't know already mate apart from the bit about Simon Pia. I will bow to your assertion that the man is a liar because having met him once obviously makes you an expert on the guys character ...... he must be petty tuned in though if he spotted early on that STF would eventually move from being part of the solution to being part of the problem.

DarlingtonHibee
02-06-2014, 05:04 PM
Nothing I didn't know already mate apart from the bit about Simon Pia. I will bow to your assertion that the man is a liar because having met him once obviously makes you an expert on the guys character ...... he must be petty tuned in though if he spotted early on that STF would eventually move from being part of the solution to being part of the problem.

Simon is not a liar - when STF and RP arrived he asked questions about Hibs finances - that was his job - stir up stuff about Hibs !!

He was proved wrong then, and is now "media spokesman" for the group - same agenda - but he is earning money for this vai the Scotsman etc..

NAE NOOKIE
02-06-2014, 05:53 PM
Simon is not a liar - when STF and RP arrived he asked questions about Hibs finances - that was his job - stir up stuff about Hibs !!

He was proved wrong then, and is now "media spokesman" for the group - same agenda - but he is earning money for this vai the Scotsman etc..

So what you're saying is that he isn't actually involved because he wants Hibs to get better and that in fact his aim is to stir up trouble at ER in pursuit of a good story.

Hibrandenburg
02-06-2014, 06:00 PM

As for the article .... pretty well sums up the case for keeping Petrie as put forward by his supporters and supports the theory that so long as RP has the support of Tom Farmer he is untouchable ..... no matter the opinion of thousands of the clubs paying customers.

Interestingly .... The article also supports the theory that Petrie is as much ( if not more ) motivated by his chance of being top dog at the SFA .... IE his own self interest ... than doing his job for the good of Hibs and its supporters.

Petrie top dog at the SFA. I'm sure his fond memories of the club and it's fans will prove to be beneficial for us.

Cropley10
02-06-2014, 09:58 PM
Petrie top dog at the SFA. I'm sure his fond memories of the club and it's fans will prove to be beneficial for us.

He's an Aberdeen fan, so we should expect nowt.

Cropley10
02-06-2014, 10:04 PM
Could have been written by David Forsyth himself...