PDA

View Full Version : Passport Advice

Killiehibbie
02-06-2014, 01:09 PM
How do you go about finding out the whereabouts a delayed/missing passport without the reference number?
2 Applications sent in April for passports, cheques cashed first week in May, one passport arrived soon after but no sign of other. Phoned passport office but they said nothing can be done without ref number and if it hasn't arrived by flight date tough.

Sergey
02-06-2014, 01:24 PM
Surely providing your full name, address and DoB should flag up the application reference at the passport office. Seems strange that they say nothing can be done (maybe I'm wrong).

Killiehibbie
02-06-2014, 01:39 PM
Surely providing your full name, address and DoB should flag up the application reference at the passport office. Seems strange that they say nothing can be done (maybe I'm wrong).
You would think so but not how they operate.
I just spoke to another person who said the first person would not or should not have told me nothing can be done without ref number.

Sergey
02-06-2014, 02:13 PM
You would think so but not how they operate.
I just spoke to another person who said the first person would not or should not have told me nothing can be done without ref number.

I'd have thought that by cashing your cheque then this would have been cross-referenced against the application, as the fact that they've banked your cheque confirms they received and accepted your application.

I've had passport applications rejected before and they returned both the application form and the cheque outlining why it was rejected.

Bit of a scunner on your part that they ain't playing the white man.

Killiehibbie
04-06-2014, 05:50 PM
I'd have thought that by cashing your cheque then this would have been cross-referenced against the application, as the fact that they've banked your cheque confirms they received and accepted your application.

I've had passport applications rejected before and they returned both the application form and the cheque outlining why it was rejected.

Bit of a scunner on your part that they ain't playing the white man.
I don't know what game they're playing. Promised a phone call within 48 hours and then, when I phoned them, again before 6 tonight but nothing at all. They keep saying it can take up to 4 weeks but they've had application since 30th April and money out of bank since 7th May so their 4 weeks are well and truly passed.

Killiehibbie
05-06-2014, 04:41 PM
If anybody is unfortunate enough for their passport application to end up in Durham.
http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/house-garden-194/holidays-travel-emigrating-104/1113155-passports-stuck-durham-all.html
Here's what you need to do........

Hi, I am talking from bitter experience here and have just got things resolved. if your passport is stuck at Durham, this is what I would recommend:
- forget calling the adviceline. They cannot help and any callback they promise will not happen.
- call Durham directly on 08456015175. Just stay on the line and persevere. The best times to call are between 10-11 And 4-5.
- The people at Durham are great and will get it sorted but be prepare to pay for the privilege
- Contact your MP via this link https://www.writetothem.com (https://www.writetothem.com/) Mine has been brilliant and if an MP office contacts, their request gets prioritised as they don't want them looking too closely into the issues.
- Keep calling Durham until it's sorted
- once you have it, make an official complaint the Home Office (ccing your MP). If nobody complains, nothing will can change.

ONLY USE THIS ADVICE IF YOUR PASSPORT HAS BEEN WITH THE PASSPORT OFFICE MORE THAN 3 WEEKS OTHERWISE THEY WILL ONLY HELP YOU IF ITS A TRAVEL EMERGENCY.

.Sean.
05-06-2014, 05:03 PM
How do you go about finding out the whereabouts a delayed/missing passport without the reference number?
2 Applications sent in April for passports, cheques cashed first week in May, one passport arrived soon after but no sign of other. Phoned passport office but they said nothing can be done without ref number and if it hasn't arrived by flight date tough.
I'm currently having an absolute nightmare with my passport application.

First adult passport, held a child passport though. Anyway, sent off using the post office check and send on the 22nd of April, they received it on the 25th of that month. Was waiting examination for over seven weeks, phoned yesterday and it's now going through the examination process. Had absolutely zero correspondence from them besides this, really shoddy service. The guys in the call centre aren't much help and I've issued complaints.

I appreciate its it's a busy time of year but the target time said 6 weeks from applying, processing, attending the interview and receiving the passport. Pretty pissed off. Meant to be flying to Cancun in just under a fortnight but unlikely that'll be be happening now, leaving me over a grand out of pocket and my mates are gonna go spare. Raging.

.Sean.
05-06-2014, 05:04 PM
If anybody is unfortunate enough for their passport application to end up in Durham.
http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/house-garden-194/holidays-travel-emigrating-104/1113155-passports-stuck-durham-all.html
Here's what you need to do........

Hi, I am talking from bitter experience here and have just got things resolved. if your passport is stuck at Durham, this is what I would recommend:
- forget calling the adviceline. They cannot help and any callback they promise will not happen.
- call Durham directly on 08456015175 (tel:08456015175). Just stay on the line and persevere. The best times to call are between 10-11 And 4-5.
- The people at Durham are great and will get it sorted but be prepare to pay for the privilege
- Contact your MP via this link https://www.writetothem.com (https://www.writetothem.com/) Mine has been brilliant and if an MP office contacts, their request gets prioritised as they don't want them looking too closely into the issues.
- Keep calling Durham until it's sorted
- once you have it, make an official complaint the Home Office (ccing your MP). If nobody complains, nothing will can change.

ONLY USE THIS ADVICE IF YOUR PASSPORT HAS BEEN WITH THE PASSPORT OFFICE MORE THAN 3 WEEKS OTHERWISE THEY WILL ONLY HELP YOU IF ITS A TRAVEL EMERGENCY.

Mines has been at Durham for seven weeks...

Killiehibbie
06-06-2014, 10:40 PM
Mines has been at Durham for seven weeks...Get onto them via that 0845 number as I got through this morning and received a call this afternoon telling me passport has now been printed and dispatched.

.Sean.
07-06-2014, 02:11 AM
Get onto them via that 0845 number as I got through this morning and received a call this afternoon telling me passport has now been printed and dispatched.
Fiona o'Donnel is on the case mate, she's my MP.

Killiehibbie
12-06-2014, 03:46 PM
Fiona o'Donnel is on the case mate, she's my MP.I hope she gets them moving. Got mines with 4 days to spare.

TRC
16-06-2014, 08:05 AM
Anyone know how long the wait is I've just sent mine in from Sweden didn't know about all the problems they were having!

Killiehibbie
17-06-2014, 06:59 PM
Anyone know how long the wait is I've just sent mine in from Sweden didn't know about all the problems they were having!480,000 applications waiting to be processed twice as many as this time last year.