PDA

View Full Version : Will season ticket prices be dropped (even slightly ~£50)?

madhatter
02-06-2014, 12:02 PM
Honest question here, do people know or think that ST prices will be dropped slightly to encourage more fans but still ensure competitiveness?

Saorsa
02-06-2014, 12:03 PM
:hilarious

calumhibee1
02-06-2014, 12:07 PM
Honest question here, do people know or think that ST prices will be dropped slightly to encourage more fans but still ensure competitiveness?

No chance IMO. People have already renewed at full price, so they would be due a refund if they did. Same prices I reckon.

SteveHFC
02-06-2014, 12:10 PM
It would a nice gesture if they dropped the ST prices. :greengrin

Yuillsy
02-06-2014, 12:18 PM

My cousin went to buy 2 season tickets last week. He was told to come back next week as they were deciding what to do regards pricing because of relegation.

bobbyhibs1983
02-06-2014, 12:18 PM
No chance IMO. People have already renewed at full price, so they would be due a refund if they did. Same prices I reckon.

This imo, I think hibs from hibs point of view they may say we still get games against "2 cat a opponents"

plus im unsure if they d want the hassle of refunding people(im unsure how hard that would be though?)

SteveHFC
02-06-2014, 12:20 PM
My cousin went to buy 2 season tickets last week. He was told to come back next week as they were deciding what to do regards pricing because of relegation.

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Bobby's Cinema
02-06-2014, 12:23 PM
The silence from the club is deafening. We need clarity asap

Gus Fring
02-06-2014, 12:25 PM
It makes no sense to buy a season ticket for next season based on pricing alone. It's probably only going to be £16 each for the Category B games.

I expect they'll be waiting until Dempster got in the door so she can make the decision as it will affect budgets etc.

In addition to a season ticket price reduction id like to see more incentives and deals put in place. Free or very cheap kids tickets would be a good place to start.

Yuillsy
02-06-2014, 12:27 PM

Absolutely, it was last Tuesday when he went in. It may be that nothing will happen but perhaps pricing will be 1 of the 1st things Leeann Dempster will decide on?

madhatter
02-06-2014, 12:38 PM
Its just that I'd prefer to get ST to save hassle of buying and printing etc. However if price doesn't drop even in the slightest I'd have to seriously consider not going to as many games. Whilst I think the league will be more interesting, without players being brought in how can they expect so many to pay these prices?

JimBHibees
02-06-2014, 12:40 PM
The bottom line is they will have to change the price as there is no way anyone will now buy one based on the League we are now in.

Weir7
02-06-2014, 12:51 PM
The bottom line is they will have to change the price as there is no way anyone will now buy one based on the League we are now in.

Spot on. Back in 1998 prices weren't reduced but know way rod will get away with that know.

eastterrace
02-06-2014, 08:00 PM
spoke to a mate of mine who is an alloa fan and their season ticket is £180 if bought early then it goes up to £205 so ours is £200 dearer, so what do the club do as its £16 entrance fee for the championship x 18 games ( okay the rangers and hearts might be dearer) , so they aint going to sell anymore at our top price.

bob12345
02-06-2014, 08:11 PM
As season tickets have already been sold reducing the price isn't a good idea. What about offering more for the same price... Like a new home top to anyone who has renewed already or does by a certain date?

Jonnyboy
02-06-2014, 08:13 PM

Why?

madhatter
02-06-2014, 08:13 PM
As season tickets have already been sold reducing the price isn't a good idea. What about offering more for the same price... Like a new home top to anyone who has renewed already or does by a certain date?

I'd be happier with that. That as well as major discount for any games not covered by ST.

MyJo
02-06-2014, 08:16 PM
spoke to a mate of mine who is an alloa fan and their season ticket is £180 if bought early then it goes up to £205 so ours is £200 dearer, so what do the club do as its £16 entrance fee for the championship x 18 games ( okay the rangers and hearts might be dearer) , so they aint going to sell anymore at our top price.

Dumbarton will charge £18 normally and games against Us, Hearts and Rangers next season will be £20.

Given that i would probably pitch our ticket prices at £20 for cat B and £25 for Cat A games meaning a total cost of £380 for the 18 games next season so a season ticket cost of around £350 would be reasonable.

Those that have already renewed at the full price could be given a free cup-top up or clubshop vouchers for the difference.

Scouse Hibee
02-06-2014, 08:16 PM
Any refund due to reduction offered to me will be donated to a football related charity.

lord bunberry
02-06-2014, 08:19 PM
Any refund due to reduction offered to me will be donated to a football related charity.

I will spend mine in the pub. Could you do me a favour and donate yours to a liver disease charity, thanks.

Bobby's Cinema
02-06-2014, 08:32 PM
Why?
Self explanatory, uncertainty helps nobody and the sooner it is dealt with the sooner we can look towards challenging next season. And obviously this goes wider than just the price of a season ticket.

Jonnyboy
02-06-2014, 08:36 PM
Self explanatory, uncertainty helps nobody and the sooner it is dealt with the sooner we can look towards challenging next season. And obviously this goes wider than just the price of a season ticket.

In today's world it seems everything has to be made known asap/right away/immediately. If Hibs announce the season ticket prices tomorrow, will it result in queues at the ticket office. Nope.

Not having a go at you Fraz, just at the world we now seem to live in. I mean LD has been in post for a whole day now and not one change has been announced! :wink:

Bobby's Cinema
02-06-2014, 09:18 PM
In today's world it seems everything has to be made known asap/right away/immediately. If Hibs announce the season ticket prices tomorrow, will it result in queues at the ticket office. Nope.

Not having a go at you Fraz, just at the world we now seem to live in. I mean LD has been in post for a whole day now and not one change has been announced! :wink:
:greengrin I have thought am I being impatient or is it reasonable to expect things to be happening more quickly. I went with the second one.

Probably the biggest thing that needs absolutely cleared up is the managers position. But like you say, she's been here a day :hyper:

Aaron
03-06-2014, 12:57 PM
From an EEN article:

Livingston are offering tickets at just £10 to help entice more home fans to Almondvale next season. Adult season tickets cost just £180 for 18 home games, with concession prices at £90 and kids’ prices at £54. “You won’t get a cheaper season ticket at this level than ours,” says McGlynn.

lucky
03-06-2014, 01:07 PM
Just another of example of Hibs/RP taking The fans for granted.

ekhibee
03-06-2014, 01:10 PM
Although I agree with a price reduction in season tickets because of what league we're in now, it doesn't really help me, I've already started renewing, using the payment plan. I suppose they could change the amount on the direct debit mind you, dunno. IMO if they do keep the same prices they should give season ticket holders free entry to cup games and do away with the top up for a season until we get promoted, but if Petrie's still here there's absolutely no chance of that happening.

Saorsa
03-06-2014, 02:08 PM
Just another of example of Hibs/RP taking The fans for granted.Well somebody has tae pay for his **** up, it certainly winnae be him. From now on it winnae be me either.

Greenheart
03-06-2014, 02:20 PM
Its just that I'd prefer to get ST to save hassle of buying and printing etc. However if price doesn't drop even in the slightest I'd have to seriously consider not going to as many games. Whilst I think the league will be more interesting, without players being brought in how can they expect so many to pay these prices?

If people don't buy there will be decent player brought in. Waiting to see who comes in and the quality before buying will mean a poor team and crowds unfortunately.

Greenheart
03-06-2014, 02:25 PM
Although I agree with a price reduction in season tickets because of what league we're in now, it doesn't really help me, I've already started renewing, using the payment plan. I suppose they could change the amount on the direct debit mind you, dunno. IMO if they do keep the same prices they should give season ticket holders free entry to cup games and do away with the top up for a season until we get promoted, but if Petrie's still here there's absolutely no chance of that happening.

They can't change the direct debit as this is you paying back the finance company for the money they have already given Hibs. If prices were reduced Hibs would need to refund season ticket holders direct IMO.

Keith_M
03-06-2014, 02:29 PM
I think that Season Ticket prices should be increased. Oh and PATG prices as well.

Almost every time we've had a decent crowd turn up in the last few years, the team has totally mucked it up. This leads me to believe that we'll get on much better with much lower attendances. We can help achieve this by actively discouraging fans from going to matches, with prices being the first salvo.

I would then have campaigns from Hibs trying to convince people NOT to attend matches. Something like the recent PR blurb in reverse. We could have slogans on the official website before big matches like these:

"Hibs v The Rangers, to be avoided at all costs!"

"We're not really all in this together, you bunch of losers"

"Want to see some REAL football? Go watch Spartans this weekend"

and the ultimate...

"Maurice Malpas welcomes you to Easter Road"

silverhibee
03-06-2014, 03:09 PM

The Festival is soon. :greengrin

Islington Hibs
03-06-2014, 04:39 PM

The Board have a genuinely tough choice- although one of their own making as they really should not have gone with the campaign so early. Typical of their arrogance.

The harsh reality is Hibs fans have turned up in really big numbers consistently and been very badly let down. I suspect a proportion of those fans will simply walk away for good if we are not careful. So far we seem to have sold 4500 seasons and are heading for a number well down on last year and not much more than half the peak less than 10 years ago. The fans are seriously pissed off and missing the chance to finally get one over a cheating Hearts is the last straw for many.

So the board have a choice. Keep pricing where it is which is way too expensive for the championship and perhaps get 6000 members, if we are lucky, or offer an olive and offer a refund of say £100 (costs the club less due to VAT and Zebra Finance) and perhaps sell a few more. The olive could be to offer a refund of £100, (which would actually cost the club around £60 a pop) for those who wanted it with a promise to those who didn't ask for it back by a certain date that the money would go to the playing budget. New seasons would be sold at the higher price, with the discount option available. The board, if it has any sense, should go for the latter option as the hard core are splintering and this club is in very serious trouble and risks haemorrhaging support big time . The board need to understand how frustrated the support is and build good will for the long term.

Stewboy
03-06-2014, 05:23 PM
When do you need to renew by to keep your seat?

Saorsa
03-06-2014, 05:24 PM
When do you need to renew by to keep your seat?yesterday.

well that was the date I heard

NGP
03-06-2014, 06:59 PM
I was in the ticket office today, I was told that Dempster & the board are deciding this weekend what to do re ST holders who have renewed and \ or on the installment plan. She said I should wait until next week whether to decide to cancel or not as there should be announcement early next week by the board re STs.

madhatter
03-06-2014, 07:07 PM
I was in the ticket office today, I was told that Dempster & the board are deciding this weekend what to do re ST holders who have renewed and \ or on the installment plan. She said I should wait until next week whether to decide to cancel or not as there should be announcement early next week by the board re STs.

Thanks for sharing.

grammyb111
04-06-2014, 04:47 PM
I've renewed already and despite the pish value got the cup top-up too (suppose the ctu is better value in theory with the challenge cup now). I'd be happy enough with prices remaining the same on the previso if you renew next year you get a sum (£100-£150) off then. Easy to manage and encourages renewals for next year.

danhibees1875
04-06-2014, 11:43 PM
I've renewed already and despite the pish value got the cup top-up too (suppose the ctu is better value in theory with the challenge cup now). I'd be happy enough with prices remaining the same on the previso if you renew next year you get a sum (£100-£150) off then. Easy to manage and encourages renewals for next year.

That's pretty much what I said in a thread on this last week. Seems the best option to me.

15/16 season tickets should be at a reduced price compared to now (say 300) regardless of league. With an extra 100 knocked off for season ticket holders for this coming season.

portyhibernian
05-06-2014, 02:40 AM
free cup tickets for those who have renewed, and for those who invested in the cup top up a 50 quid voucher for the club shop. and of course reduced price for 15/16 ST's.

adhibs
05-06-2014, 09:20 AM
free cup tickets for those who have renewed, and for those who invested in the cup top up a 50 quid voucher for the club shop. and of course reduced price for 15/16 ST's.

Thats what I reckon, add all three cups plus any home freindlys to seasons already bought. Discount vouchers for next year or club shop for this who purchased CTU. Theres always bound to be a few complaints due to changing the offer after theres already been sales but something needs done. As much as ive got no confidence in butcher id find it hard to down a season ticket at £300

legends of 73
05-06-2014, 09:43 AM

Any refund offered will be politely declined and given to the manager to recruit new players. Why take from the managers budget is the question I'm asking?

KdyHby
05-06-2014, 11:53 AM

This, would donate it to Leith Links, enabling disadvantaged kids to go to Hibs matches, and ensures that the money ends up in the manager's transfer fund :
http://leithlinks4kids.com

FranckSuzy
05-06-2014, 02:23 PM
This, would donate it to Leith Links, enabling disadvantaged kids to go to Hibs matches, and ensures that the money ends up in the manager's transfer fund :
http://leithlinks4kids.com

:aok: Any donations would be very welcome :agree: :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
05-06-2014, 09:59 PM
Any refund offered will be politely declined and given to the manager to recruit new players. Why take from the managers budget is the question I'm asking?

Because it would make me feel better :aok:

j'adore hibs
05-06-2014, 10:30 PM
i got a reply from hibs board email stating that season ticket prices will be discussed tomorrow, watch space

Unseen work
05-06-2014, 10:32 PM
What was the season ticket prices this season?

SteveHFC
05-06-2014, 11:11 PM
i got a reply from hibs board email stating that season ticket prices will be discussed tomorrow, watch space

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=485402&stc=1&d=1363296638

Steve-O
06-06-2014, 01:55 AM
Spot on. Back in 1998 prices weren't reduced but know way rod will get away with that know.

I am almost certain that prices were reduced in 1998.

As for next season, they are having a laugh if they continue with Cat A games. Never agreed with it in the first place. They should be getting the fans back onside.

All games 15 quid, all seats 15 quid. Done.

lucky
06-06-2014, 05:26 AM
I think they will upgrade all ST to include cup games. It will be easier to refund the few that took CTUs. But the reality is the ST is roughly double of some of the other teams in the league. I respect that some will donate to charity others will refuse but it does not takeaway the fact that football is way overpriced even before relegation.

TrinityHibs
06-06-2014, 06:34 AM

This.

Keith_M
06-06-2014, 08:17 AM
I am almost certain that prices were reduced in 1998.

Sorry mate but your memory's failing :wink:

They kept the prices the same as the season before and tried to sell it as some kind of gift to the fans, 'Hibs announce NO increase in Season Ticket prices' or words to that effect. I still remember it cos I was beelin at the cheek of the announcement.

iwasthere1972
06-06-2014, 08:42 AM
Personally I'm not looking for a refund but I would expect in return for my £380 a team that can compete and score goals.

That's it in a nutshell.

Russ
06-06-2014, 03:05 PM
Personally I'm not looking for a refund but I would expect in return for my £380 a team that can compete and score goals.

That's it in a nutshell.

I think that is the consensus of the majority. Terry needs as much money as possible to rebuild Keep the faith I say.

boab1875
06-06-2014, 03:18 PM

does it matter? people shouldn't be buying them

Pete
06-06-2014, 03:24 PM

Eh?

Skol
06-06-2014, 06:24 PM
Last time we went down the prices were frozen under the banner of premier league prices for a premier league team to get us back there.

I am comfortable with that and will decline any refund offered.....we need as much money as possible to assemble a squad to get back at first time of asking.

Malthibby
06-06-2014, 06:49 PM

Whit?
I'll be in my seat even if Hibs sign up a dozen Ladyboys for the first team. Choreography the Hibs' way.
Boycott the boycott.
GG
(and Petrie out, eventually)

southsider
06-06-2014, 07:04 PM
Whit?
I'll be in my seat even if Hibs sign up a dozen Ladyboys for the first team. Choreography the Hibs' way.
Boycott the boycott.
GG
(and Petrie out, eventually)
We had enough fake tits in the team last season. That's why we were relegated.

j'adore hibs
06-06-2014, 07:06 PM
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=485402&stc=1&d=1363296638

yip exciting isnt it, still watching?

SteveHFC
06-06-2014, 07:07 PM
yip exciting isnt it, still watching?

It is aye. Is that alright with you? :aok:

j'adore hibs
06-06-2014, 07:08 PM
It is aye. Is that alright with you? :aok:

whatever , dont expect less

BT58
06-06-2014, 07:22 PM
in watching yon video with LD,,my take is that it will be::::
the price is the same, and all funds go to manager to buy new players
reduced prices== reduced intake
as we have only sold 5000 [approx] so far,,, we need RP to resign sharpish [ aint gonna happen ]
victor

bighairyfaeleith
06-06-2014, 07:26 PM
I hope they keep prices the same but offer a payment plan again.

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

TheReg!
06-06-2014, 07:27 PM
Can someone put up a poll vote (as I don't know how to do it) in regards to what LD said on the second part of her interview ref taking the ST issue to the fan groups tomorrow.

I believe that a vast and wide view of Hibs supporters read the .NET and should have a say in the matter of Season Tickets and how best to proceed in the right manner.

i.e

A. Season tickets remain the same price as before with 10-20% off next season if we promote?
This will help with player funding IMHO.

B. Season Tickets to be reduced to Championship level?
This will obviously not help the playing fund however the club must hold their hands up and take it on the chin.

C.???? What ever you think will work out best for us?

JustSimplyHibs
06-06-2014, 08:13 PM
Can someone put up a poll vote (as I don't know how to do it) in regards to what LD said on the second part of her interview ref taking the ST issue to the fan groups tomorrow.

I believe that a vast and wide view of Hibs supporters read the .NET and should have a say in the matter of Season Tickets and how best to proceed in the right manner.

i.e

A. Season tickets remain the same price as before with 10-20% off next season if we promote?
This will help with player funding IMHO.

B. Season Tickets to be reduced to Championship level?
This will obviously not help the playing fund however the club must hold their hands up and take it on the chin.

C.???? What ever you think will work out best for us?

C: Keep them the same price, for those that do not have cup top up they get it (for all three cups), free... For those that do have cup top up they get a 10% reduction for next season plus free cup top up.... Also chuck in a couple of free drinks or, a two course meal for either Behind the Goals or, the 1875restrurant.

Jonnyboy
06-06-2014, 08:15 PM

Bollox

Peevemor
06-06-2014, 08:21 PM
Bollox

Only a writer could set out a response in such an eloquent fashion. :greengrin:

oregonhibby
06-06-2014, 08:22 PM
Agree. I have issues with the Club but have committed to support it. Russell has 2x seasons guaranteed.

Jonnyboy
06-06-2014, 08:22 PM
Only a writer could set out a response in such an eloquent fashion. :greengrin:

Yep, I took my time deciding what to say as I wanted to hook the reader from the get go :greengrin

oregonhibby
06-06-2014, 08:23 PM
Complete bollox would be a Pulitzer Prize winning intervention !

TornadoHibby
06-06-2014, 08:25 PM
We had enough fake tits in the team last season. That's why we were relegated.

The biggest tits we had last season were in the dugout and not in the playing squad! :agree::wink:

oregonhibby
06-06-2014, 08:27 PM
No. I saw a few on lad.......nooooooooo, oh er missus nooo

Jonnyboy
06-06-2014, 08:37 PM
Complete bollox would be a Pulitzer Prize winning intervention !

Still writing that one :greengrin

oregonhibby
06-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Me too!

oregonhibby
06-06-2014, 08:39 PM
Board room Babylon!

Jonnyboy
06-06-2014, 08:57 PM
Board room Babylon!

Guaranteed best seller :greengrin

Hibeesmad
06-06-2014, 09:03 PM
How about we keep the prices as they are but Rod Petrie needs to leave the club? Sounds like a fair deal

Carheenlea
06-06-2014, 09:28 PM

That's it in a nutshell.

:agree: Absolutely. I`d reckon most of those who have bough/renewed for next season would share your view - a team on the pitch that makes our trips to watch Hibs an enjoyable experience.

I buy my season ticket to watch Hibs, whether that be SPFL, Championship or wherever. Goals and entertainment is all I ask in return.

Steve-O
06-06-2014, 09:48 PM
Sorry mate but your memory's failing :wink:

They kept the prices the same as the season before and tried to sell it as some kind of gift to the fans, 'Hibs announce NO increase in Season Ticket prices' or words to that effect. I still remember it cos I was beelin at the cheek of the announcement.

Hmm, maybe because I was on some sort of cheaper ticket (was going into my last year of a school) it wasn't noticeable!

Do remember the cheaper away days though!

Ringothedog
06-06-2014, 09:49 PM
How about we keep the prices as they are but Rod Petrie needs to leave the club? Sounds like a fair deal

:rolleyes:

sleeping giant
06-06-2014, 10:41 PM
Keep them the same. Nothing else for it. If we all demand partial refunds, free tickets, club shop vouchers etc we will willingly be diluting our player budget.
Keep them as they are and let's have a big push to win that league next season.

bighairyfaeleith
06-06-2014, 10:49 PM
Keep them the same. Nothing else for it. If we all demand partial refunds, free tickets, club shop vouchers etc we will willingly be diluting our player budget.

Exactly let's ****ing go for it and win the league. Stick it right up the two most horrible little clubs the world has ever known

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

Thecat23
06-06-2014, 10:55 PM

Agree I'd keep them the same. But if we fail to go right back up, give the ST holders money back or the choice of money off next again season. £50 or something!

FranckSuzy
06-06-2014, 11:18 PM
If a reduction in the season ticket prices is announced, I'm going to put the difference towards a Kicks for Kids season ticket ;) Anyone else who wishes to support the team on the park could do the same or donate it towards The Hibernians, for the youth team. Via KfK tickets, you're not only contributing to the funds available to the manager, you're also helping children attend games who wouldn't be able to otherwise. GGTTH.

.Sean.
07-06-2014, 03:44 AM
I doubt anyone's desperate enough for a fifty quid rebate, especially with the club needing every penny it can gather. I'm far from behind Butcher but we as fans still need to do our bit. We need a healthy budget as winning the league is the only way to claw back any semblance of pride.

We'll have little right to complain come next April/ May if we're nowhere near promotion and season ticket sales and crowds have been poor.

'Persevere' has never been more apt.

Ringothedog
07-06-2014, 06:08 AM
If a reduction in the season ticket prices is announced, I'm going to put the difference towards a Kicks for Kids season ticket ;) Anyone else who wishes to support the team on the park could do the same or donate it towards The Hibernians, for the youth team. Via KfK tickets, you're not only contributing to the funds available to the manager, you're also helping children attend games who wouldn't be able to otherwise. GGTTH.

:agree::top marks

That is what I will do...great idea!!

Sudds_1
07-06-2014, 06:45 AM

and me...or even a hibs related charity. The way I see it, I'm giving them the means to pull my club out of the mire this season........and giving them chance finally to show me they mean business. They need all the cash they can get..............

.of course this is last chance saloon. If they let us down again.........I'm done.

.Sean.
07-06-2014, 07:50 AM
Free season tickets for under tens and under sixteens go half price with a full paying adult.

KdyHby
07-06-2014, 08:15 AM

This for me, my money would go straight to http://leithlinks4kids.com