PDA

View Full Version : OK - Fill yer boots

Peevemor
02-06-2014, 08:23 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140602/new-chief-executive-starts-work_2262950_3875469

Leeann Dempster today began work as the new Chief Executive of Hibernian FC.
She takes over responsibility for all Club activity, including - but not solely - football, community and supporter engagement, marketing and communications, and finance.
Leeann joins from Motherwell FC, where her spell in charge has seen the Lanarkshire club enjoy a highly successful time, including a second place SPFL finish last season.
Welcoming Leeann, Chairman Rod Petrie said: "The Board and I have recognised for some time that change was needed at the Club, and we set out to recruit the best possible person to take the Club forward. Leeann is that person, and we are delighted that she officially starts work with us today.
"Supporters could not have been surprised if Leeann had second thoughts following the enormously disappointing end to our season which saw us relegated to the Championship. But we know the character of the lady and she never wavered in her determination to join Hibernian."
Rod has handed over all executive responsibilities to Leeann. His role will now be as Non Executive Chairman, and he will focus on helping to facilitate the Change Agenda identified by the Board. He continues to be the conduit between the Club and its principal shareholder and benefactor, Sir Tom Farmer.
Leeann said: "There is a lot to be done at Hibernian to return the Club to its rightful position in Scottish football - both in terms of success on the pitch and in the way we engage with our supporters and our community.
"I am excited by the challenge, and I will be relentless in pursuit of improvement and success. However, we need everyone to be together, to work together, and to ensure that we maintain the stable platform at the Club which is vital to help propel us towards our common goal of promotion back to the Premiership next season.
"I understand people are upset and concerned about relegation, but they should understand that I am confident that I have the authority and freedom to make the decisions I want. I am also very confident that with everyone working together we can improve things quickly at the Club."

matty_f
02-06-2014, 08:24 AM
Rod told her to say that.

greenpaper55
02-06-2014, 08:25 AM
I want to believe this bit

"I understand people are upset and concerned about relegation, but they should understand that I am confident that I have the authority and freedom to make the decisions I want. I am also very confident that with everyone working together we can improve things quickly at the Club."

Ell_Chrisso
02-06-2014, 08:26 AM

Does just reek of the same old sh*t we've heard for years.

Really hope this is the start of big changes.

Phil D. Rolls
02-06-2014, 08:27 AM
Meet the new boss..........

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140602/new-chief-executive-starts-work_2262950_3875469
I fully expect and hope that all the things that people hope and expect to happen, might actually happen. I say this in the present atmosphere of austerity, and realise that hard working fans will not tolerate anything other than Hibs class.

etc. et. Flipping cetera.

ps Will nobody think of our children?

leggeto
02-06-2014, 08:27 AM
So is rod just there for communication between the club and farmer

Peevemor
02-06-2014, 08:28 AM

:tee hee:

greenlex
02-06-2014, 08:28 AM
She's confident she has the authority? FFS she either has or hasn't.She must know.

greenpaper55
02-06-2014, 08:30 AM
Rod's going to be a conduit, well the first letter was correct !.

blackpoolhibs
02-06-2014, 08:30 AM
Rod can say what he want, but i don't believe a word he utters.

matty_f
02-06-2014, 08:31 AM
:tee hee:

:wink:

Iain G
02-06-2014, 08:32 AM

Farmer told Rod to tell her to say that you mean? :wink:

Coco Bryce
02-06-2014, 08:35 AM
I am confident that I have the authority

That say's it all for me :rolleyes:

The_Exile
02-06-2014, 08:35 AM
Talk is cheap, Leeann knows this, and I guarantee she'll be desperate to get all this "welcome to Hibs, delighted to be here" pish out the way and get cracking on with the task at hand.

Saorsa
02-06-2014, 08:36 AM
Rod can say what he want, but i don't believe a word he utters.:agree: while he's still there nothing changes for me regardless of what is put up on that site. I've read too much of what has been put up on that site and seen the end results of it.

Phil D. Rolls
02-06-2014, 08:37 AM
Talk is cheap, Leeann knows this, and I guarantee she'll be desperate to get all this "welcome to Hibs, delighted to be here" pish out the way and get cracking on with the task at hand.

You sound like you know her personally.

Iain G
02-06-2014, 08:37 AM
:agree: while he's still there nothing changes for me regardless of what is put up on that site. I've read toomuch of what has been put up on that site and seen the end results of it.

Maybe we need a new site then? :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
02-06-2014, 08:38 AM
:agree: while he's still there nothing changes for me regardless of what is put up on that site. I've read toomuch of what has been put up on that site and seen the end results of it.

I wish Dempster all the luck in the world, because with Petrie still there i dont believe she will be able to order a new pencil without his say so.

The Gorf

Sorry, still want to see Petrie out. She says she has the authority to make her own decisions. But surely any decision will have to be rubber stamped by the Chairman and Board especially where finance is concerned.

Bostonhibby
There has been a recent trend at ER for the deeds to tend to be the opposite of the words.

I don't think we have the time to wait this time around - lets see some un petrie like independent actions that the fans can identify with. A couple of real good signings and quickly kill off the nonsense about releasing Stanton and Cummings and instantly clarifying who we are releasing and why. Nelson and McGivern need released do it quick.

A definite statement on the management team wouldn't go amiss as well.

Deeds, not words will give us the best indication of her scope to operate.

Petries' removal would be her best statement of intent.

Saorsa
Maybe we need a new site then? :greengrinor maybe we just need rid of something else. :wink:

The_Exile
02-06-2014, 08:39 AM
You sound like you know her personally.

Don't know her personally but remember reading an interview with her a while back where she said as much regarding less talk more action.

Speedway
02-06-2014, 08:41 AM
Sorry, still want to see Petrie out. She says she has the authority to make her own decisions. But surely any decision will have to be rubber stamped by the Chairman and Board especially where finance is concerned.

Just as it did in a token way when Rodders was making them for himself.

Peevemor
There has been a recent trend at ER for the deeds to tend to be the opposite of the words.

I don't think we have the time to wait this time around - lets see some un petrie like independent actions that the fans can identify with. A couple of real good signings and quickly kill off the nonsense about releasing Stanton and Cummings and instantly clarifying who we are releasing and why. Nelson and McGivern need released do it quick.

A definite statement on the management team wouldn't go amiss as well.

Deeds, not words will give us the best indication of her scope to operate.

:agree:

Petries' removal would be her best statement of intent.

That's outwith her power.

Phil D. Rolls
Don't know her personally but remember reading an interview with her a while back where she said as much regarding less talk more action.

Fair enough, I just wondered what your sources were.

Bostonhibby
02-06-2014, 08:45 AM

That's outwith her power.

:agree: Indeed but its not beyond a CEO to say to the majority owner(s) of a business I cannot operate with..................or because of Petrie. Chairmen come and go - we can but hope.

Peevemor
02-06-2014, 08:46 AM
:agree: Indeed but its not beyond a CEO to say to the majority owner(s) of a business I cannot operate with..................or because of Petrie. Chairmen come and go - we can but hope.

First she'll have to get her feet under the table and see how the relationship works.

allezsauzee
02-06-2014, 08:47 AM
We haven't won a single game since Dempster arrived, her time is up

spike220
02-06-2014, 08:48 AM

Or undefeated some might say!

greenpaper55
02-06-2014, 08:49 AM

:faf: already !

Ronniekirk
02-06-2014, 08:50 AM
It says he is the Conduit. Between the Board and the Principle Shareholder STF Make of that what you will , but to me it's clear he is going nowhere in a hurray . He is the Catalyst for Change The Change Agent in this Systems Approach to Management .He has Firmly embedded himself in that position as he knows that there needs to be a period of Transition and he intends to see it through .So whether we Trust him or not looks to me like we are stuck with him , but I will still be there on Saturday to register my dissatisfaction and keep the pressure on .

Callum_62
02-06-2014, 08:53 AM
Any rumours going around about when we will hear about TB/MM/SM?

Bostonhibby
02-06-2014, 08:53 AM
First she'll have to get her feet under the table and see how the relationship works.

Good luck to her with that one - potentially another fall person, just a bit higher up this time, whilst Rod continues his megalomania.

Time is something we really don't have. I suppose it will be about whether the actions she takes have the feel of being different to what we are used to on the footballing front.

Also about how quickly Petrie leaves the scene. I don't see it because of his relationship with the owner and the fact that he is tied up with the holding company who can probably express their disappointment in the decisions of the CEO.

Geo_1875
02-06-2014, 08:54 AM
Rod can say what he want, but i don't believe a word he utters.

What did he say?

Sergey
02-06-2014, 08:55 AM
Rod's going to be a conduit, well the first letter was correct !.

Conduit is a rather apt anagram!

jacomo
Fair enough as far as it goes. Reading that statement, as of this morning Butcher reports to LD and she will decide whether he stays or goes. As he was appointed by RP there is an obvious tension here.

And what is the Change Agenda?

GreenLake
It says he is the Conduit. Between the Board and the Principle Shareholder STF Make of that what you will , but to me it's clear he is going nowhere in a hurray . He is the Catalyst for Change The Change Agent in this Systems Approach to Management .He has Firmly embedded himself in that position as he knows that there needs to be a period of Transition and he intends to see it through .So whether we Trust him or not looks to me like we are stuck with him , but I will still be there on Saturday to register my dissatisfaction and keep the pressure on .

This transition will be as long as Jurassic period.

Phil D. Rolls
02-06-2014, 08:57 AM
Fair enough as far as it goes. Reading that statement, as of this morning Butcher reports to LD and she will decide whether he stays or goes. As he was appointed by RP there is an obvious tension here.

I suppose that would be the test of who is in charge. I predict Butcher will stay.

PeterboroHibee
02-06-2014, 09:00 AM

Id like to know what that is as well. It seems a very vague thing to mention given that, as far as I can tell, theres never been anything about it before.

Bostonhibby
02-06-2014, 09:02 AM

Petries realised that we have finally worked out the smoke and mirrors trick with the managers he appoints so he has shifted to mirrors and smoke and putting a CEO up front.

He is still behind the screen though :rolleyes: And very much a power broker in my view. If I am right and the new CEO is her own person as an operator then we will hear about it if her position becomes untenable.

I wish her every success, she has my 100% support because of what she appears to be the custodian of.

Heisenberg
02-06-2014, 09:03 AM
Any rumours going around about when we will hear about TB/MM/SM?

I think they are staying tbh. If something had happened we would know already. Petrie came out and backed him immediately after relegation as well.

Phil D. Rolls
02-06-2014, 09:04 AM
Id like to know what that is as well. It seems a very vague thing to mention given that, as far as I can tell, theres never been anything about it before.

The whole statement is full of bland, empty phrases. Wooly objectives that can't be measured, meaning nobody fails.

Sadly a lot of people will swallow it. It's like Groundhog Day at Hibs.

The Leith Dutch
02-06-2014, 09:04 AM
I suppose that would be the test of who is in charge. I predict Butcher will stay.

Not 100% sure on that.

I'd like Butcher gone and have no faith in him but I'm not sure him staying is a clear indication that Petrie is still pulling the strings.
She may have other intentions.....

The only way to be sure is Petrie being gone.

Saorsa
02-06-2014, 09:08 AM
The whole statement is full of bland, empty phrases. Wooly objectives that can't be measured, meaning nobody fails.

Sadly a lot of people will swallow it. It's like Groundhog Day at Hibs.Just like every other.

You mean they haven't telt us what the agenda is and how they plan tae implement it? Sounds familiar, maybe part of a certain plan they wouldnae tell us about before. I wonder if there'll be as many of the same people demanding the detail of this 'change agenda' as there are demanding tae ken what stages 2 & 3 of a certain other plan are. We've already seen the results of the handy work of one side.

Phil D. Rolls
02-06-2014, 09:08 AM
Not 100% sure on that.

I'd like Butcher gone and have no faith in him but I'm not sure him staying is a clear indication that Petrie is still pulling the strings.
She may have other intentions.....

The only way to be sure is Petrie being gone.

I agree. If he is still there, people are going to blame him, whether he is genuinely involved, or not.

Callum_62
02-06-2014, 09:11 AM
I agree. If he is still there, people are going to blame him, whether he is genuinely involved, or not.

What if we win the league - will we all applaud him?

Phil D. Rolls
02-06-2014, 09:12 AM
You mean they haven't telt us what the agenda is and how they plan tae implement it? Sounds familiar, maybe part of a certain plan they wouldnae tell us about before.

You can't blame them for trying. I blame anybody that swallows it for stupidity too.

The whole situation reminds me of Charlie Brown trying to kick the football.

How stupid do you have to be to keep falling for the same trick?

Phil D. Rolls
02-06-2014, 09:13 AM

I predict a crowd of 22,000, with 44,000 smiling faces.

kev1875
02-06-2014, 09:13 AM

And will we be fed the same ***** that he's doing it for free because he loves Hibs. Sack them all!

GreenLake
02-06-2014, 09:14 AM

If it is the Premier League in 2 years time I will applaud him.

db03
02-06-2014, 09:16 AM
let's give Leeann a few days in her new role to see what changes are made.
Yes its not a great statement but atleast she is saying something, if she had said nothing people would be sitting asking why she has not spoke yet.

Kaiserclem
02-06-2014, 09:26 AM
Some of the replies to this thread bemuse me. What was the club & Dempster meant to say? If they didn't release a statement today everyone would be up in arms, now they have some people are still not happy. Does anyone really think the statement would have read the opposite of what it did? ie. "I am here to be Petrie's puppet and to be honest with everyone nothing will change going forward so hard lines". The statement is basically what everyone has been requesting from the club for years. We are now being told changes are planned and that our new leader will be carrying these out.

We have to support Dempster and see if she is true to her word. I agree RP should go but would anyone really take that job, and have RP telling the world they are now in control, when they are not in reality? Dempster would never get a job anywhere in any industry again if she allowed herself to be a puppet and blame carrier for RP as she would never gain any respect from anyone. Let's support her and try and sort 'our' club out because at the moment we are the lauging stock of Scottish football.

Come on Hibs, players need to be signed and Butcher has to show face alongside Dempster to explain the plan ahead.

lucky
02-06-2014, 09:27 AM
Usual Hibs PR, says nothing. RPmwill be gutted she never mentioned the great stadium or training centre, or is that only the duff players and managers that get told to say it. The biggest statement STF, LD can make is RP is away. The fans don't trust him not to interfere as such there will be little change at Hibs. I would not be surprised if she was away by Xmas and RP is back again as the saviour. It's not the first time he has supposedly handed over control.

Peevemor
02-06-2014, 09:27 AM

When LD was appointed, the club made a statement re. sweeping changes to come. I can't see how referring to the change agenda at this stage should surprise anyone. :confused:

RIP Bestie
02-06-2014, 09:28 AM

Hell no! Don't be silly

H18sry
02-06-2014, 09:30 AM

I think that he [Petrie] will be there as long as Sir Tom is involved :agree:

Kaiserclem
02-06-2014, 09:30 AM

haha this made me smile for the first time in a long time regarding Hibs! brilliant.

Hermit Crab
02-06-2014, 09:31 AM
That was emailed to her from Rodders and instructed her to display it on the website. All editing tools have been removed and will be rationed on her laptop.

YehButNoBut
02-06-2014, 09:35 AM
Leeann did a great job at Motherwell which is why she got noticed and was offered this role at Hibs.

I wish her well because the job has now become bigger than she would have originally invisiged, whilst she will want to make her mark fairly quickly we need to give her time it's taken Hibs years to get to the mess we are in just now so we cannot expect her to work miracles overnight.

I've a feeling she will be good for the club but it may take some time before this becomes visible, have we got the patience to wait??.......................who knows.

Liked this article from last weeks record headlined

An Easter Road revival? Leeann Dempster needs to raise the dead at Hibernian

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/craig-swan-easter-road-revival-3619992

Beefster
02-06-2014, 09:37 AM
"She better make a ****ing statement tomorrow or I'll be raging."

"Well, she made a statement but she only said she was 'confident'. Doesn't she know?"

"Trust the club to feed us that line"

"Why is she making a statement to say nothing?"

"Blah, blah, blah, de, blah"

Saorsa
02-06-2014, 09:39 AM
When LD was appointed, the club made a statement re. sweeping changes to come. I can't see how referring to the change agenda at this stage should surprise anyone. :confused:Sweeping changes, change agenda. Just mair empty phrases. What are these changes? Is that statement any better than the usual wind and pish we've heard before? Is it any less vague the mentioning stages 2 & 3 of a plan without revealing them?

Phil D. Rolls
Some of the replies to this thread bemuse me. What was the club & Dempster meant to say? If they didn't release a statement today everyone would be up in arms, now they have some people are still not happy. Does anyone really think the statement would have read the opposite of what it did? ie. "I am here to be Petrie's puppet and to be honest with everyone nothing will change going forward so hard lines". The statement is basically what everyone has been requesting from the club for years. We are now being told changes are planned and that our new leader will be carrying these out.

We have to support Dempster and see if she is true to her word. I agree RP should go but would anyone really take that job, and have RP telling the world they are now in control, when they are not in reality? Dempster would never get a job anywhere in any industry again if she allowed herself to be a puppet and blame carrier for RP as she would never gain any respect from anyone. Let's support her and try and sort 'our' club out because at the moment we are the lauging stock of Scottish football.

Come on Hibs, players need to be signed and Butcher has to show face alongside Dempster to explain the plan ahead.

Industry is full of "yes" men and women. She'll have no trouble getting a job somewhere else.

At the end of the day, the mutterings of us on here don't amount to nearly as much as some people think. So I don't see any need to toe the party line.

I can't believe how people are hailing this woman as the saviour, when the person who appointed her is the cause of all our problems.

jacomo
When LD was appointed, the club made a statement re. sweeping changes to come. I can't see how referring to the change agenda at this stage should surprise anyone. :confused:

What are they then? As Petrie is justifying his continued involvement by saying he needs to stick around to implement further changes even though LD is now on board, might he enlighten us as to what these are?

Hardly an unreasonable request, and no I'm not confused thanks.

Callum_62
02-06-2014, 09:42 AM
I predict a crowd of 22,000, with 44,000 smiling faces.

:thumbsup: :top marks:greengrin

Peevemor
02-06-2014, 09:44 AM
Sweeping changes, change agenda. Just mair empty phrases. What are these changes? Is that statement any better than the usual wind and pish we've heard before? Is it any less vague the mentioning stages 2 & 3 of a plan without revealing them?

What are they then? As Petrie is justifying his continued involvement by saying he needs to stick around to implement further changes even though LD is now on board, might he enlighten us as to what these are?

Hardly an unreasonable request, and no I'm not confused thanks.

It's clear that at least one of the reasons why LD was recruited is because of the work she done in changing the set up at Motherwell.

She hasn't even had a full morning at ER. For me any manifesto for change published in such a short timescale would be far more hollow/dubious than the promise of change to come.

Saorsa
02-06-2014, 09:45 AM
"She better make a ****ing statement tomorrow or I'll be raging."

"Well, she made a statement but she only said she was 'confident'. Doesn't she know?"

"Trust the club to feed us that line"

"Why is she making a statement to say nothing?"

"Blah, blah, blah, de, blah"well does it really say anything? If it disnae as they usually dinnae, why ****in' bother? Full of the usual stuff that's been used by this club before that tells us nothing as usual. If they want tae even kid folk things will change it winnae happen when it reads like everything we have read before.

YehButNoBut
02-06-2014, 09:45 AM
Article worth a read for an insight into how LD works

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-fans-assured-no-one-3635177

banchoryhibs
02-06-2014, 09:47 AM
You don't gain trust by assertions - you have to earn it.

I've completely lost trust in both Petrie and Butcher and have no confidence whatsoever that our club can recover if either, or both, have anything to do with it.

I'm gutted about the position we're in as I tended to be a "happy clapper" and was delighted when Butcher arrived. It's been a right kick in the stanes.

If Petrie thinks that the majority of fans will be so gullible to think that all will be good again just because he rolls out another bright new shiny face and tell us not to worry he has another think coming.

Leeann - I hope that you can quickly show that you really are in charge and have the ability to turn things round because until some real change is made the club's downward spiral will only get worse.

Please start by showing Butcher the door and persuading Sir Tom to remove Petrie. If you really are the CEO both of these moves are well within your power.

The jury remains out.

SlickShoes
02-06-2014, 09:50 AM
I am happy that someone else is in but this is the type of statement we have swallowed time after time, so I find it hard to get excited about it.

She has a hard job especially due to the level of apathy around the club and the massive communual hatred of Rod Petrie.

We have been working together with the club for years and getting shafted, it's time we got some action. What of the management team? players?

I still don't believe for a second that Petrie doesn't have the final say so on everything, it's going to take years for her to win over the support now, good luck to her.

Phil D. Rolls
02-06-2014, 09:51 AM
You don't gain trust by assertions - you have to earn it.

I've completely lost trust in both Petrie and Butcher and have no confidence whatsoever that our club can recover if either, or both, have anything to do with it.

I'm gutted about the position we're in as I tended to be a "happy clapper" and was delighted when Butcher arrived. It's been a right kick in the stanes.

If Petrie thinks that the majority of fans will be so gullible to think that all will be good again just because he rolls out another bright new shiny face and tell us not to worry he has another think coming.

Leeann - I hope that you can quickly show that you really are in charge and have the ability to turn things round because until some real change is made the club's downward spiral will only get worse.

Please start by showing Butcher the door and persuading Sir Tom to remove Petrie. If you really are the CEO both of these moves are well within your power.

The jury remains out.

If Tom Farmer was unhappy with Petrie, he'd probably have done it by now. I just don't get how people can see Dempster as a radical alternative to Petrie. Why would the organisation bring n someone that would go against their strategy?

The Leith Dutch
02-06-2014, 09:52 AM
The whole situation reminds me of Charlie Brown trying to kick the football.

Charlie Brown - Nae hair, takes a fresh air swipe at a football......surely worth £200,000?
:greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
02-06-2014, 09:53 AM
Charlie Brown - Nae hair, takes a fresh air swipe at a football......surely worth £200,000?
:greengrin

Who would be stupid enough to sign a player like that?

Deansy
02-06-2014, 09:56 AM
She's confident she has the authority? FFS she either has or hasn't.She must know.

Yeah, I noticed that too - if RP was really 'taking a back-seat', she would've said something along the lines of - "I have 100% authority/control" etc, etc. At least the 'Hibernian Family' phrase wasn't used as this would've been a dead give-away RP was behind the statement.

LancsHibs
02-06-2014, 10:01 AM
Sweeping changes, change agenda. Just mair empty phrases. What are these changes? Is that statement any better than the usual wind and pish we've heard before? Is it any less vague the mentioning stages 2 & 3 of a plan without revealing them?

Can't see these changes being too 'sweeping' as we arnt even changing the worst management team ever who relegated us in the most horrific and disappointing circumstances. I suppose time will tell though. Good luck Leeanne

CallumLaidlaw
02-06-2014, 10:01 AM
I understand what people are saying about "we've heard it all before" but, what else can she really say. She has to be given the benefit of the doubt for now. I think the pressure the club is under, they HAVE to make wholesale changes at this point

truehibernian
02-06-2014, 10:04 AM
'a conduit........' :aok:

So let me get this straight, a man of Sir Tom's business prowess and acumen still needs Rod Petrie to act as a go-between.....FFS it's not an L P Hartley novel !!!

I'm quite sure someone like LD can be professional enough to make regular (if needs be) contact with STF.......Rod doesn't need to be involved in any process anymore at Hibernian. Indeed would it not also show STF how good/bad a job she is doing and give him the ideal chance to judge her ?

Utter rubbish this 'conduit' stuff.....Rod Petrie is still the puppet master I'm afraid :agree: Just go Rod, please, just go !!! :aok:

banchoryhibs
02-06-2014, 10:05 AM
If Tom Farmer was unhappy with Petrie, he'd probably have done it by now. I just don't get how people can see Dempster as a radical alternative to Petrie. Why would the organisation bring n someone that would go against their strategy?

I hope that Farmer has belatedly come to the conclusion that the strategy has to change and that Petrie is not the man for the job anymore - If he still thinks that all is ok ................... not worth contemplating

Peevemor
02-06-2014, 10:05 AM

So let me get this straight, a man of Sir Tom's business prowess and acumen still needs Rod Petrie to act as a go-between.....FFS it's not an L P Hartley novel !!!

I'm quite sure someone like LD can be professional enough to make regular (if needs be) contact with STF.......Rod doesn't need to be involved in any process anymore at Hibernian. Indeed would it not also show STF how good/bad a job she is doing and give him the ideal chance to judge her ?

Utter rubbish this 'conduit' stuff.....Rod Petrie is still the puppet master I'm afraid :agree: Just go Rod, please, just go !!! :aok:

What if STF and not RP has stipulated this method of communication?

LancsHibs
02-06-2014, 10:07 AM

Exactly what I thought! A CoNdUiT??? I think we have been fed a line there!

cabbageandribs1875
02-06-2014, 10:07 AM
oor Rod is still the organ grinder at ER, it won't change, the "winds of change" will peter out to just a slight little breeze

Gatecrasher
02-06-2014, 10:16 AM
Welcome to the club Leanne, please fix us :pray:

smurf
02-06-2014, 10:18 AM
More horrific meaningless spin written by David Forsyth on behalf of Rod Petrie. #PetrieOut

matty_f
02-06-2014, 10:19 AM
More horrific meaningless spin written by David Forsyth on behalf of Rod Petrie. #PetrieOut

Horrific?

ALF TUPPER
02-06-2014, 10:23 AM
I understand what people are saying about "we've heard it all before" but, what else can she really say. She has to be given the benefit of the doubt for now. I think the pressure the club is under, they HAVE to make wholesale changes at this point

Yep. Spot on Callum. LD needs to be given the benefit of the doubt.

ALF TUPPER
02-06-2014, 10:24 AM
Welcome to Hibernian Leeann.

Good luck !

PeterboroHibee
02-06-2014, 10:31 AM

What is it though? Saying there will be changes is easy, actually making them is the challenge. Appointing the likes of Dempster, May and Craig is a great start, but there needs to be a plan and structure behind it. Also, my comment wasnt necessarily aimed as a criticism, Im just interested in what the 'Change Agenda' actually is.

southern hibby
02-06-2014, 10:32 AM

Not sure of the wording I'n her sentence. I am confident that I have the authority and freedom to make the decisions I want.

So does this mean she like our players does not know her role. Either she has the authority and freedom or she does not. To me clarification is needed ASAP, because I read that as a sign that her full authority and freedom has not been explained to her by either Rod or Sir Tom.

GGTTH

southern hibby
02-06-2014, 10:34 AM
Forgot to say Welcome Leanne and good luck.
God willing you can return our club to where it should rightfully be.

GGTTH

robinp
02-06-2014, 10:37 AM

:top marks:hibees

truehibernian
02-06-2014, 10:41 AM
What if STF and not RP has stipulated this method of communication?

LD has allegedly been given the reins to oversee change at the club and has been given all the decision making. Given STF is the owner of the club, and it's his investment in money and time, surely it makes better sense LD being the person who communicates the decisions to him - after all we are now being told LD has the task of running the club.

Unless of course, as I suspect, it's a smokescreen..................

Rod's not done an interview to camera yet, or the media.............that in itself is shameful, utterly shameful and shows no more than contempt for the fans and the club.

smurf
02-06-2014, 10:47 AM
Horrific?

Yes horrific because it's cringing stuff full of spin that we've come to expect from the work of David Forsyth on behalf of Rod Petrie. Wonder how much Benchmark PR invoices the club...

jdships
02-06-2014, 10:50 AM

Absolutely.
The woman has been in the job for a few hours and already the " experts" are tearing her to bits .
On the other hand they are screaming for the club to be positive while they are filling this thread with negativity.
Strange way to go about things methinks !!
Give her chance for the club's and our sakes:confused:

WHUHibs
02-06-2014, 10:52 AM
Yes horrific because it's cringing stuff full of spin that we've come to expect from the work of David Forsyth on behalf of Rod Petrie. Wonder how much Benchmark PR invoices the club...

Spin- trying to make a good story from a bad situation....quite easy it fix, remove Rod and then the new CEO can do this without any interference or implications as such. As long as Rod is still in the background people will think that Rod will be interfering even if he is not!

So simple , no spin, Rod leave and then we can support and judge the new person at the helm..

Maybe Matty thinks that horrific is not dramatic enough :greengrin

WHUHibs
02-06-2014, 10:54 AM
Absolutely.
The woman has been in the job for a few hours and already the " experts" are tearing her to bits .
On the other hand they are screaming for the club to be positive while they are filling this thread with negativity.

Don't think people are not giving her a chance,,the removal of Rod will give her a chance to succeed..I don't think there is any poster who thinks she is a bad appointment,,however we are right to be worried about how she can operate with Rod!

Phil D. Rolls
02-06-2014, 11:01 AM
Absolutely.

I think the message is that actions speak louder than words.

Speedway
02-06-2014, 11:04 AM
*angry comments*

Lester B
02-06-2014, 11:04 AM

It's not horrific. It's dull. That's an improvement on the statement issued last Thursday. It seeks to reassure that she does have power whilst stating that it's OK that Petrie is still at the club. Not a message I or many others would agree with but it's hardly worth being concerned about in the current situation.

Can we all stop regarding this statement as crucial. It's not. What Dempster does in the next few weeks is particularly in terms of communication with fans.

Lester B
02-06-2014, 11:06 AM
*angry comments*

*Angry reply saying your angry comments are wrong which makes me angry and then angry counter comments back at you with implied personal slur*

Dublin07
02-06-2014, 11:09 AM
Yep. Spot on Callum. LD needs to be given the benefit of the doubt.

We have been giving the board the benefit of doubt for 7 years. I was delighted when they announced she was coming to us but 1 word in that statement blows our hopes out the water. As many others have already stated using the word confident rather than I am in charge just stinks of Petrie.

smurf
02-06-2014, 11:13 AM
It's not horrific. It's dull. That's an improvement on the statement issued last Thursday. It seeks to reassure that she does have power whilst stating that it's OK that Petrie is still at the club. Not a message I or many others would agree with but it's hardly worth being concerned about in the current situation.

Can we all stop regarding this statement as crucial. It's not. What Dempster does in the next few weeks is particularly in terms of communication with fans.

My horrific comment was clearly attributed to the quotes from RP.

The Tubs
02-06-2014, 11:15 AM
I thought that today might be the day when the "Petrie Out" campaign started to lose steam, but it seems that statement will only give it more momentum.

jacomo
02-06-2014, 11:16 AM
It's clear that at least one of the reasons why LD was recruited is because of the work she done in changing the set up at Motherwell.

She hasn't even had a full morning at ER. For me any manifesto for change published in such a short timescale would be far more hollow/dubious than the promise of change to come.

You are misreading my comment.

The statement says a 'Change Agenda' has been identified by the Board, and that Petrie will lead its implementation.

I am asking what it is. Obviously, PART of it is hiring a new CEO - job done. How about the rest? I am not asking for LD's detailed strategy, but about what has seemingly already been agreed by the Board.

Is it that hard to follow?

Lester B
02-06-2014, 11:18 AM
My horrific comment was clearly attributed to the quotes from RP.

Would question 'clearly' to be honest but thanks for clarifying now.

What I think is pretty shabby is the description of Leann as a 'lady'.

Speedway
02-06-2014, 11:18 AM
*Angry reply saying your angry comments are wrong which makes me angry and then angry counter comments back at you with implied personal slur*

*ill informed facts and baseless rumour providing the foundation of my disillusionment*

*personal slur returned on the basis that you disagree with me*

Dashing Bob S
02-06-2014, 11:20 AM
Petrie has already cut off Dempster's (metaphorical) balls by publicly backing Butcher after relegation. Surely, if he was 'taking a back seat' the correct response would have been "this is an matter to be decided on by the newly appointed Chief Executive when she takes up her position."

jacomo
02-06-2014, 11:22 AM
Absolutely.

Sorry but who is tearing LD to bits? Reaction to her appointment has been overwhelmingly positive from what I can see.

Lester B
02-06-2014, 11:25 AM
*ill informed facts and baseless rumour providing the foundation of my disillusionment*

*Challenge of your baseless rumour with heavy handed hint that I know something you don't despite nagging self doubt that I almost certainly don't know anything of the sort. Insertion of other random ill informed facts which contradict yours or even better have little to do with original topic. Feigned pain at your returned personal slur. Finish with broad sweeping general statement and the words 'Nuff Said'. *

greenpaper55
02-06-2014, 11:25 AM
Petrie has already cut off Dempster's (metaphorical) balls by publicly backing Butcher after relegation. Surely, if he was 'taking a back seat' the correct response would have been "this is an matter to be decided on by the newly appointed Chief Executive when she takes up her position."

Exactly, i see in the EN that she will meet with Butcher later in the week and i hope she has his p45 to hand, if Rod has decided that he stays then the whole set up is a sham.

Peevemor
02-06-2014, 11:26 AM
Exactly, i see in the EN that she will meet with Butcher later in the week and i hope she has his p45 to hand, if Rod has decided that he stays then the whole set up is a sham.

And what if it's her that's decided he stays?

Waxy
02-06-2014, 11:27 AM
So if Leeann is confident she has the authority to make the decisions she wants, she's telling us she's not 100% sure she can.This is her way of telling us.Get out the way Rod your time is over.

EdinMike
02-06-2014, 11:30 AM
I stopped reading at..."Rod Petrie said: .."

YehButNoBut
02-06-2014, 11:30 AM
If you read the comments below from Allan Burrows who was Head of communications at Motherwell then it is obvious that LD will not take kindly to interference from above in her new role, she seems a strong character who gets things done, doesn't suffer fools gladly and will ruffle feathers to get things done.

She sounds just what we need and we should have confidence that she will make a big difference (in a positive way) to Hibs.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-fans-assured-no-one-3635177

Understandably, the Fir Park general manager was unwilling to comment on the politics of another club but Burrows was prepared to offer a piece of advice to the disgruntled Hibees support.

He believes they should trust their new chief executive to forge a brighter future for them and the club they love.

Burrows added: “The Hibs fans are very disillusioned about the way things have gone and there are demonstrations planned but without me getting involved in another club’s politics I would say the supporters should give Leeann a chance to really make a difference.

“I understand from speaking to her that she has been given full control and the running of the place which is what she had at Motherwell. She had the ultimate decision on everything.

“You probably need that and she has been given that at Hibs. Going on that I am really confident she will make a big difference at that club.

“She won’t suffer fools and will go in and ruffle some feathers. She will challenge people. When she joined Motherwell she didn’t come from a football background. Certainly not from a management point of view.

“Because of that she looked at everything with a completely fresh pair of eyes. She asked questions about everything and wanted to know why every single process was in place.

“And she didn’t accept the answer: ‘Just because that’s always how it has been done’.

“She made changes she saw fit and I don’t think anybody could argue that in her time at Motherwell she managed to do an excellent job and I’m sure she will do the same at Hibs.

“Her main strengths are flexibility and versatility. Her ability to meet challenges people set out for her.

“She has the ability to talk to people at their level. She can go into a European Club Association meeting and speak to some of the biggest voices at the biggest clubs in the game.

“She can go to the SFA and SPFL and speak the language of the administrators of our game.

“But she can also speak the language of the supporters, look them in the eye and put across her point of view.

“She brings an honesty – she will tell the fans exactly how it is and won’t hide behind anyone.

“Maybe that’s one of the things that attracted Hibs to her – her ability to handle various people, various groups and manage different situations.

“That is something she achieved at Motherwell. People like honesty. It can be a rare commodity.

“She won’t try to pull the wool over anybody’s eyes. She’ll tell it like it is. She did at Motherwell with the fans, shareholders and sponsors and when it came to dealing with the league and SFA she could put her point over forcibly. Her no-nonsense attitude is part of her success.

“She works from A to B and gets things done quickly. She’s a bit of a firecracker in that respect – she won’t be afraid to mix it up.

“Whatever direction Hibs decide to go in, with Leeann at the helm I’m sure she will steer them into safe waters.”

That’s a ringing endorsement from a man who saw Motherwell flourish under Dempster’s leadership.

She’ll need all the qualities Burrows points out and more if she is to win over the Hibs fans who want Petrie out and are in no mood to compromise.

Speedway
02-06-2014, 11:31 AM
*Challenge of your baseless rumour with heavy handed hint that I know something you don't despite nagging self doubt that I almost certainly don't know anything of the sort. Insertion of other random ill informed facts which contradict yours or even better have little to do with original topic. Feigned pain at your returned personal slur. Finish with broad sweeping general statement and the words 'Nuff Said'. *

*silent acknowledgement of defeat whilst retaining ill informed views. Period of silence before posting exact same views again on another thread when the chance presents itself*

greenlex
02-06-2014, 11:35 AM
So if Leeann is confident she has the authority to make the decisions she wants, she's telling us she's not 100% sure she can.This is her way of telling us.Get out the way Rod your time is over.

Alternatively she has been given the Authority and she is confident that is indeed the case. Poor choice if words IMO. I suppose it covers her back should it not be the case.

greenpaper55
02-06-2014, 11:37 AM

She should come out and tell us why she has made that decision and if it was her decision alone.

flash
02-06-2014, 11:48 AM
Alternatively she has been given the Authority and she is confident that is indeed the case. Poor choice if words IMO. I suppose it covers her back should it not be the case.

Read the article from the media posted above. Seems clear cut to me. Jeez her first utterances and they are being subjected to more intense scrutiny than the Middle East peace accord.

It is possible to want Petrie out whilst still giving our new Chief Executive a chance to do her stuff.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

steviehibsleith
02-06-2014, 11:56 AM
You are misreading my comment.

The statement says a 'Change Agenda' has been identified by the Board, and that Petrie will lead its implementation.

I am asking what it is. Obviously, PART of it is hiring a new CEO - job done. How about the rest? I am not asking for LD's detailed strategy, but about what has seemingly already been agreed by the Board.

Is it that hard to follow?

Change Agenda - well we have a new CEO who will oversee just about everything, we have just released14 players with the rest being told leave if you can find another club if not you are on a huge pay cut. I would believe that fills a change agenda on a huge scale for any organization. This is exactly what I wanted to see just ripped it as happened on the back of relegation.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Weir7
02-06-2014, 11:58 AM

then LD should be sacked

borstalboy
02-06-2014, 12:06 PM
Read the article from the media posted above. Seems clear cut to me. Jeez her first utterances and they are being subjected to more intense scrutiny than the Middle East peace accord.

It is possible to want Petrie out whilst still giving our new Chief Executive a chance to do her stuff.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

I'm not sure they're quite getting at LD as such, its more the fact that no doubt Rod and David Forsyth have had a say in her statement. The General Manager at Motherwell has been told she has full control (as per news article), however she can't tell us on our own website that she has full control...says it all really!

smurf
02-06-2014, 12:06 PM
Would question 'clearly' to be honest but thanks for clarifying now.

What I think is pretty shabby is the description of Leann as a 'lady'.

Following on from "Girl" from Paul Kane....

Beefster
02-06-2014, 12:07 PM
then ld should be sacked

ffs...

HFC 0-7
02-06-2014, 12:13 PM
I predict the first conversation between her and rod will be around Stanton and how he is free to find a new club. Dempster will say to rod that it's not a good idea and that she is keeping him. Rod will say " I know that, I would never allow him to leave, but now the fans think you are in control"

Keith_M
02-06-2014, 12:29 PM
*angry comments*

*Feigned shock at angry comments*

*encouragement of all to remain reasonable, in a desire to make self look like a reasoned go-between*

*appropriate 'shocked' smiley*

*pointless multi-quoting but nothing to really say*

*silent acknowledgement of defeat whilst retaining ill informed views. Period of silence before posting exact same views again on another thread when the chance presents itself*

*More pointless multi-quoting, as been reading too many comments from the 'Hearts in Administration' thread*

Onion
02-06-2014, 12:33 PM
Hopefully LD has been properly briefed on all the issues attached to Hibs and not just from Petrie's viewpoint. His spin and take will be very different to the majority of Hibs fans. He was also the person who recruited LD. This naturally throws a question mark over LD's authority and remit. Had STF stated a few weeks back that he recognised the poor performance of the football club, that change was needed and here's some detail about those changes and LD's role in implementing them - this would've been much easier for Hibs fans to understand and buy into. But that's not how it was presented. Instead we are all expected to accept things will be ok from yet another person recruited by Petrie.

LD might turn out to be the best appointment the club has made in years, who knows. It is the sheer arrogance of Petrie to expect us all to accept what he has done. His last 7 years of failure makes that virtually impossible. So, we are left with no option but to distrust Petrie and LD to some extent - which is unfair on her.

IMO Hibs fans have no issue with LD, quite the opposite. We WANT her to shake things up, bring fresh ideas and implement change. But as long as Petrie is around, there will be doubt and suspicion. LD needs to understand that and why Hibs fans are so set on seeing the back of RP. The meeting with her on Saturday needs to impress this, backed with all the logical evidence of the last few years.

IMO STF remains the key player on all of this. If this is not resolved quickly, LD could easily find herself in the crossfire. She needs the fans on board and she needs to keep on the right side of STF. I don't envy her task and just hope that she doesn't decide to walk away !

R11Loaded
02-06-2014, 01:03 PM
Mon LD, let's see you drive to take this club to where it belongs. One step forward no steps back please.

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

Lester B
02-06-2014, 01:29 PM
*Feigned shock at angry comments*

*encouragement of all to remain reasonable, in a desire to make self look like a reasoned go-between*

*appropriate 'shocked' smiley*

*pointless multi-quoting but nothing to really say*

*More pointless multi-quoting, as been reading too many comments from the 'Hearts in Administration' thread*

:top marks gentlemen!

Lester B
02-06-2014, 01:31 PM
I predict the first conversation between her and rod will be around Stanton and how he is free to find a new club. Dempster will say to rod that it's not a good idea and that she is keeping him. Rod will say " I know that, I would never allow him to leave, but now the fans think you are in control"

I think that may well be pretty accurate actually.

Lago
02-06-2014, 02:16 PM

As you seem to be in the know perhaps you could enlinghten us as to what the strategy is.

Cropley10
02-06-2014, 04:55 PM
Why can't we learn what this change agenda is?

Last week it was oversee and facilitate, this week it's being a conduit.

What part of your time's up doesn't dear old Rod understand.

Hanging around like a bad stink.

Paisley Hibby
02-06-2014, 05:24 PM

I predict the first conversation was Rod explaining to Leanne where the nearest place is to get a good coffee and roll & sausage in the morning.

Bostonhibby
02-06-2014, 05:32 PM

Rod will doubtless explain in due course that you can't have a conduit without overseeing and facilitating it, when he decides it has been sufficiently facilitated he can put a bit more into his oversight of it, non executive oversight obviously, it's bound to be in the 5 year plan somewhere, if it wasn't it is now.

He's beginning to sound more and more like CJ from the Rise and Fall of Reginald Perrin. He didn't get to where he is today by not being a conduit and failing to oversee and facilitate :blah::blah:

Personally I used to call it bull**** bingo and quickly lost interest in people who used it.

smurf
02-06-2014, 05:36 PM

Well said.

banarc7062
02-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Let's see her input and reaction to the scheduled meeting set for Saturday, 11.30am to see how she interacts with the fans.

NAE NOOKIE
02-06-2014, 05:45 PM
I wish Leeann all the very best and all the luck going. I'm happy she has joined the club because her work at Motherwell speaks for itself and I'm sure some of the stuff she couldn't do there might be possible at ER.

But ............... With Rod Petrie hanging around she is going to be working against a background of mistrust from the fans.

Rod Petrie owns 10% of the club and LD owns none of it. In view of that he will find it impossible to sit back and allow any move by LD he feels will be a danger to that investment. If he wouldn't take any sort of speculate to accumulate risk himself I just cant see her being allowed to, for example, up the wage bill without RPs approval.

As far as I'm concerned once RP has shown LD where the tea bags, milk & sugar are kept and how to find the bogs his job is done and he should bugger off. Short of that happening the only way I will believe that any meaningful decision LD makes doesn't have to be run by Petrie first is if Tom Farmer gifts her 11% of the clubs shares.

See ya Saturday

Keith_M
02-06-2014, 05:47 PM
Rod will doubtless explain in due course that you can't have a conduit without overseeing and facilitating it, when he decides it has been sufficiently facilitated he can put a bit more into his oversight of it, non executive oversight obviously, it's bound to be in the 5 year plan somewhere, if it wasn't it is now.

He's beginning to sound more and more like CJ from the Rise and Fall of Reginald Perrin. He didn't get to where he is today by not being a conduit and failing to oversee and facilitate :blah::blah:

Personally I used to call it bull**** bingo and quickly lost interest in people who used it.

Those sound like the typical kind of Business Bullsh*t phrases that make my skin crawl in meetings. These are normally uttered by professional Bullsh*tters like Petrie in order to sound like they know what they're doing.

Expect to hear these from Petrie/Dempster in the coming weeks:

"Blue Sky Thinking"

"Push The Envelope"

"Think Outside The Box"

"Revisit The Mindset"

"Let's Put This One To Bed"

"Fastrack To a Win-Win Situation"

"Low Hanging Fruit"

"Moving The Goalposts" (has nothing whatsoever to do with events on the pitch)

Saorsa
02-06-2014, 05:51 PM
Why can't we learn what this change agenda is
because it's a top secret plan. Dinnae tell anybody and if it ****s up along the way naebody will ken (until the disater actually happens) because they will have nothing tae go by. Dinnae set/give any targets and then you cannae be accused of no meeting them.

everybody else though must reveal their plans in full :agree:

it'll be whatever spin and bull**** that suits at the time.

any part of it

He only understands his ego, and his ain self interest

Hanging around like a bad stink.worse than a stink, a cancerous growth eating away at this club from the inside

Waxy
02-06-2014, 05:51 PM

Those sound like the typical kind of Business Bullsh*t phrases that make my skin crawl in meetings. These are normally uttered by professional Bullsh*tters like Petrie in order to sound like they know what they're doing.

Expect to hear these from Petrie/Dempster in the coming weeks:

"Blue Sky Thinking"

"Push The Envelope"

"Think Outside The Box"

"Revisit The Mindset"

"Let's Put This One To Bed"

"Fastrack To a Win-Win Situation"

"Low Hanging Fruit"

"Moving The Goalposts" (has nothing whatsoever to do with events on the pitch)If we'd moved the goalposts a few metres last season we'd probably have scored a couple of goals more.

Bobby's Cinema
02-06-2014, 05:53 PM

:hilarious

KDY Hibs
02-06-2014, 06:25 PM
If it is the Premier League in 2 years time I will applaud him.
If offered I would bite your hand off to be back in the premier within two years...

AlbertK86
03-06-2014, 07:58 AM
Snippet on Scotsman rumour mill that Alan Burrows General Manager of Motherwell has spoken to Leeann and she has reassured him she has full control of running of the club. Also says she is the best person around to get us back on track.

Would suspect that Burrows suspected KING ROD would not relinquish control

flash
03-06-2014, 08:05 AM
I'm not sure they're quite getting at LD as such, its more the fact that no doubt Rod and David Forsyth have had a say in her statement. The General Manager at Motherwell has been told she has full control (as per news article), however she can't tell us on our own website that she has full control...says it all really!
She does say she has full control in the article on my version of the official site.

Ronniekirk
03-06-2014, 08:20 AM
Snippet on Scotsman rumour mill that Alan Burrows General Manager of Motherwell has spoken to Leeann and she has reassured him she has full control of running of the club. Also says she is the best person around to get us back on track.

Would suspect that Burrows suspected KING ROD would not relinquish control

Too many suspects .Lets narrow it down to Rob Petrie ,In the Boardroom the implement. poor Judgement .But then i don't have a Cluedo what's going on all these Mind games .

borstalboy
03-06-2014, 08:25 AM
She does say she has full control in the article on my version of the official site.

I'd maybe read the official site again. She actually states 'she's confident' she has full authority.......sorry, but that's just political talk, either she has full authority or she doesn't, which one is it...?

Hibrandenburg
03-06-2014, 09:35 AM
As someone has already mentioned, she has a very strong hand and could crush Petrie should she wish to do so.

All it would take is for her to hint at stepping down due to interference and Petrie would have signed his own death warrant.

Saorsa
03-06-2014, 09:37 AM
As someone has already mentioned, she has a very strong hand and could crush Petrie should she wish to do so.

All it would take would is for her to hint at stepping down due to interference and Petrie would have signed his own death warrant.Aye, just like he's paid the price efter everything else he's done wrong.

AlbertK86
03-06-2014, 09:38 AM
As someone has already mentioned, she has a very strong hand and could crush Petrie should she wish to do so. All it would take would is for her to hint at stepping down due to interference and Petrie would have signed his own death warrant.

Not worked so far

Hyland, Lindsay, JC and many others have hinted same

jacomo
03-06-2014, 09:41 AM

All it would take is for her to hint at stepping down due to interference and Petrie would have signed his own death warrant.

Yes but previous managers could have played the same card and never did. For example, whatever happened with A Rooney in January, TB was happy to carry the can.

Hibrandenburg
03-06-2014, 10:03 AM
Not worked so far

Hyland, Lindsay, JC and many others have hinted same

Things have moved on since then, the vast majority (me included) want Petrie out the door and now the noose is around his neck. But surely we can turn the situation to our advantage.

If Dempster can keep Rod's chain on and Rod does move on to be the big jobby at the SFA, then it could only be of benefit to us to have a Hibs man at the top of this organization, show him the door and that's gone.

Baldy Foghorn
03-06-2014, 10:22 AM
Things have moved on since then, the vast majority (me included) want Petrie out the door and now the noose is around his neck. But surely we can turn the situation to our advantage.

If Dempster can keep Rod's chain on and Rod does move on to be the big jobby at the SFA, then it could only be of benefit to us to have a Hibs man at the top of this organization, show him the door and that's gone.

What benefit have we seen to date of RP being on the SFA panel? :confused:

smurf
03-06-2014, 10:29 AM
What benefit have we seen to date of RP being on the SFA panel? :confused:

We've experienced disadvantage. The club doesn't dare speak up or protect itself to the authorities.

Baldy Foghorn
03-06-2014, 10:32 AM
We've experienced disadvantage. The club doesn't dare speak up or protect itself to the authorities.

Exactly

Saorsa
03-06-2014, 10:36 AM

If Dempster can keep Rod's chain on and Rod does move on to be the big jobby at the SFA, then it could only be of benefit to us to have a Hibs man at the top of this organization, show him the door and that's gone.He's 2nd vice president now, what good has his position there done us up 'til now?

Lester B
03-06-2014, 05:24 PM
He's 2nd vice president now, what good has his position there done us up 'til now?

Us? Nothing. But it's a well known fact that SFA washrooms carry the finest moustache wax money can buy. And it's free to high heid yins. Rod is in heaven.