PDA

View Full Version : George craig and leeann dempster

macd123
02-06-2014, 04:07 AM
Does anyone really know anything about these guys? All i can see is "george craig must go" threads from falkirk fans from his time there. Seems he got falkirk into a bit of a mess. They have said things like he will be the death of FFC and they won't go whilst he is in charge.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/144936-falkirk-heading-for-administration/page-23

More worryingly it looks like motherwell made some hefty losses during dempsters time in charge there and she has left them trying to stave off a financial crisis.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/motherwell-fans-urged-to-invest-in-club.1400760283

I admit i don't know full story with these people. They might be great but it's worrying - we can't afford to get these appointments wrong.

Jones28
02-06-2014, 04:35 AM
To acheive what Motherwell have achieved in the past few years was always going to be a costly process. But with their average gate hovering around the 5K mark it wasn't affordable.

Callum_62
02-06-2014, 06:39 AM
From what I can find George Craig seems a very strange move

Phil D. Rolls
02-06-2014, 06:50 AM
Does anyone really know anything about these guys? All i can see is "george craig must go" threads from falkirk fans from his time there. Seems he got falkirk into a bit of a mess. They have said things like he will be the death of FFC and they won't go whilst he is in charge.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/144936-falkirk-heading-for-administration/page-23

More worryingly it looks like motherwell made some hefty losses during dempsters time in charge there and she has left them trying to stave off a financial crisis.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/motherwell-fans-urged-to-invest-in-club.1400760283

I admit i don't know full story with these people. They might be great but it's worrying - we can't afford to get these appointments wrong.

Oh dear, seems "the girl" might not be the answer to our problems after all.

blackpoolhibs
02-06-2014, 06:57 AM
I have no idea if Dempster will make ANY difference whatsoever, bearing in mind just who appointed her? What is clear though is, Petrie is holding any recovery we might have back, and until he leaves that recovery will be all the harder to achieve, if indeed possible at all with him still at the club.

Aldo
02-06-2014, 07:00 AM
Does anyone really know anything about these guys? All i can see is "george craig must go" threads from falkirk fans from his time there. Seems he got falkirk into a bit of a mess. They have said things like he will be the death of FFC and they won't go whilst he is in charge. http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/144936-falkirk-heading-for-administration/page-23 More worryingly it looks like motherwell made some hefty losses during dempsters time in charge there and she has left them trying to stave off a financial crisis. http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/motherwell-fans-urged-to-invest-in-club.1400760283 I admit i don't know full story with these people. They might be great but it's worrying - we can't afford to get these appointments wrong.

We've been saying that about are managerial appointments for the last 7 years.

The plan was flawed at well as they expected a larger support??

She is going to have to hit the ground running and I'm sure she's done her homework.

I am also hoping to see a few new faces arriving in the coming weeks.

random sub
02-06-2014, 07:02 AM
Oh dear, seems "the girl" might not be the answer to our problems after all.

Think Leeann will be good, just needs to watch the spending apparently as that was a big issue at Motherwell. Still they were 2nd and in a CL qualifying place, so that needs factored into any analysis.

As for Craig, it seems as though he was at quite a high level at Falkirk and having another football business brain is maybe no bad thing, athough he didn't seem that popular with the fans!

Give them a chance, they are one of the only bright things on the horizon at the moment.

Aldo
02-06-2014, 07:03 AM
I have no idea if Dempster will make ANY difference whatsoever, bearing in mind just who appointed her? What is clear though is, Petrie is holding any recovery we might have back, and until he leaves that recovery will be all the harder to achieve, if indeed possible at all with him still at the club.

I think for us to move forward BH as a club RP has to go. Simple as that.

Ronniekirk
02-06-2014, 07:07 AM
From what I can ,find George Craig seems a very strange move

What do you mean strange ,My concern is more straightforward he is a Petrie appointment and his track record of appointing key staff isn't that good .If he intends sticking around he will also have appointed people on basis of what he thinks needs done so the fresh start might be tainted from the outset and flawed but nothing we can do but wait and see which way the wind blows on this .

blackpoolhibs
02-06-2014, 07:08 AM
I think for us to move forward BH as a club RP has to go. Simple as that.

As others have said, the club is toxic while Petrie is still at the club. Dempsters record is good, lets hope shes allowed to do her job at the club without interference.

Phil D. Rolls
02-06-2014, 07:11 AM
Think Leeann will be good, just needs to watch the spending apparently as that was a big issue at Motherwell. Still they were 2nd and in a CL qualifying place, so that needs factored into any analysis.

As for Craig, it seems as though he was at quite a high level at Falkirk and having another football business brain is maybe no bad thing, athough he didn't seem that popular with the fans!

Give them a chance, they are one of the only bright things on the horizon at the moment.

I think your post just about covers all the bases.

I don't actually understand what point you're trying to make about Craig, at all.

Golden Bear
02-06-2014, 07:14 AM
Personally I think we should just shut up shop.

:rolleyes:

Aldo
02-06-2014, 07:20 AM
As others have said, the club is toxic while Petrie is still at the club. Dempsters record is good, lets hope shes allowed to do her job at the club without interference.

Hope so G. Another thing. Petrie can pretty much do and say what he wants as he runs the club and doesn't really have anyone to answer to.

bighairyfaeleith
02-06-2014, 07:36 AM
Has craig actually signed or is it just a rumour?

Callum_62
02-06-2014, 07:57 AM
Has craig actually signed or is it just a rumour?

Just a rumour I believe (altho some I think there is some mileage in it)

its strange as he looks like he has never held a DOF role ever

macd123
02-06-2014, 03:06 PM

Definitely not writing them off. But it's a concern that both seem to have left their clubs in financial bother.

Phil D. Rolls
02-06-2014, 03:57 PM
Definitely not writing them off. But it's a concern that both seem to have left their clubs in financial bother.

Financial prudence isn't all it's crracked up to be anymore.

Unseen work
02-06-2014, 03:59 PM
who is george craig? And what will he be doing here?

Keith_M
02-06-2014, 04:59 PM
The financial situation at Motherwell is disappointing, given their relative success in the last few years.

Their problem is that, no matter how well they perform, they just can't get past the Lanarkshire Public's obsession with the Ugly Sisters. They just don't get the crowds they need.

macd123
02-06-2014, 05:26 PM
Financial prudence isn't all it's crracked up to be anymore.

You might think that given we are now in exactly the same position as hearts despite looking after our finances properly. And they have two cups to show for almost bankrupting themselves.