Black
Mcginn
Sarcevic
Pelly Ruddock
Gareth Evans
Liam Boyce
Andre Gray

Add a few more plus youngsters.

Obviously we'd still have robbo , booth , Cummings etc.

The_Horde
01-06-2014, 11:46 PM
How would you spend it ? What positions ? How many players etc

Why not 5.1 million?

villager
01-06-2014, 11:51 PM
Or 0.7m?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-06-2014, 11:55 PM
Pretty pointless thread IMO.

madhatter
02-06-2014, 12:09 AM

Pretty bizarre thread made a pointless thread with 95%+ of the posts sadly.

The_Horde
02-06-2014, 12:12 AM
Pretty bizarre thread made a pointless thread with 95%+ of the posts sadly.

95% of your posts mention 95%

madhatter
02-06-2014, 12:13 AM
;4043953']95% of your posts mention 95%

No they don't.

R11Loaded
02-06-2014, 12:20 AM
Where did this figure come from?

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-06-2014, 12:22 AM

:agree: :top marks

madhatter
02-06-2014, 12:32 AM
:agree: :top marks

Sad stuff that this is the reaction to someone's third post (1st thread outside of their welcoming one). May all be hilarious and you teaming up to have a wee laugh to yourselves is great and all, but my statement of 95% was virtually accurate. Saying 95% of all of my posts, which I make it to be 366, include "95%" is what I'd expect from an infant to be honest. And is, as expected, totally unsound and wrong. All that was lacking was "why not 6.9 million" followed by laughter to sum this up.

Fair enough though, I'm not going to be scared off by anybody on here. I just hope that the guy who initiated this thread isn't. The turnover of people joining and leaving must be quite high. As long as we all **** our pants laughing, right?

The_Horde
02-06-2014, 12:36 AM
Sad stuff that this is the reaction to someone's third post (1st thread outside of their welcoming one). May all be hilarious and you teaming up to have a wee laugh to yourselves is great and all, but my statement of 95% was virtually accurate. Saying 95% of all of my posts, which I make it to be 366, include "95%" is what I'd expect from an infant to be honest. And is, as expected, totally unsound and wrong.

Fair enough though, I'm not going to be scared off by anybody on here. I just hope that the guy who initiated this thread isn't. The turnover of people joining and leaving must be quite high. As long as we all **** our pants laughing, right?

So 1.9 m isn't a suspicious amount? Strange figure to reach randomly.

95% suspicious you might say.

madhatter
02-06-2014, 12:44 AM
;4043963']So 1.9 m isn't a suspicious amount? Strange figure to reach randomly.

Why is 1.9m suspicious? It is 95% of 2million but so what?

The_Horde
02-06-2014, 12:47 AM
Why is 1.9m suspicious? It is 95% of 2million but so what?

You're right, it's not. I'm sorry I even questioned it.

Global Hibby
02-06-2014, 02:07 AM
Why do you think its a pretty pointless thread ??

what do you think the first team budget is at Hibs ??

Global Hibby
02-06-2014, 02:17 AM
;4043938']Why not 5.1 million?
Would not be 5.1m as Hibs do not spend that amount on the entire wage bill of the club

The Green Goblin
02-06-2014, 02:23 AM

No idea. Is it 1.9 million? Otherwise, what`s the point of picking that figure out of thin air and arguing about how to spend it. I think that`s the point he is making.

Global Hibby
02-06-2014, 03:32 AM
No idea. Is it 1.9 million? Otherwise, what`s the point of picking that figure out of thin air and arguing about how to spend it. I think that`s the point he is making.

The figure is a pretty accurate estimate Green Goblin based on the accounts of the club. I have read a lot on here over the years about budgets etc.

i was interested to hear the thoughts of supporters on how they would spend the budget number.

A first team squad of 25 players on 75k pa more or less hits the 1.9m number.

Was a genuine questions with a very realistic number calculated from the published results.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-06-2014, 03:51 AM

62.07% of stats on the internet are made up.

Global Hibby
02-06-2014, 03:57 AM
Accounts are audited and not made up internet numbers.

all i am trying to do is to have a chat about how to spend what is Hibs budget number on a first team squad.

if thats not of interest dont worry about replying :thumbsup:

Cropley10
02-06-2014, 05:14 AM
Utterly pointless thread. Firstly how is this (95% suspicious) figure of &1.9m arrived at? Historical accounts? Except the income of the club will be affected by relegation.

However we don't (really) buy players so this £1.9 m figure is really a wages figure.

And we don't know what players are on, nor what we could offer them.

The bigger question is will we have more to spend on player wages than the puddle drinking, charity stealing, debt dodging, WW1 winning crooks up the road.

Will be interesting to get the OPs view on this based on his obvious football knowledge.

Forza Fred
02-06-2014, 06:05 AM

49 percent of people in Scotland are below average intelligence for that country

hibbymick
02-06-2014, 06:18 AM
1.9M ?????. Is my paranoia setting still on high :rolleyes:

BT58
02-06-2014, 06:24 AM
Perhaps the op has got the figure by £380 X 5000
The number of ST'S sold ( but that is full price and no concessions )

Aldo
02-06-2014, 06:28 AM
1.9M ?????. Is my paranoia setting still on high :rolleyes:

Don't think so!!!! Gonzo's no at the Yams iirc!!! ;-)

Nailrod
02-06-2014, 06:52 AM
How would you spend it ? What positions ? How many players etcTo save me from having to go off and redo the calculation, how did you reach the figure of £1.9 million? How did you separate out the playing budget from other wage costs, and how did you separate out the first team squad from the others?

In any case, if your number is accurate in terms of previous years, IMHO there is not the remotest prospect of us having £1.9 million to spend this coming year.

matty_f
02-06-2014, 07:36 AM
Does it really matter how the £1.9m figure was worked out? It's a thread with a hypothetical question and (as far as I can see) just for fun.

Give the boy a break.

Lucius Apuleius
02-06-2014, 07:55 AM
85.17% of dwarves are not Happy.

Hermit Crab
02-06-2014, 08:01 AM

More than hearts. :kbacker:

The Leith Dutch
02-06-2014, 08:09 AM
85.17% of dwarves are not Happy.

*grins*

Weststandwanab
02-06-2014, 08:29 AM
Perhaps the op has got the figure by £380 X 5000
The number of ST'S sold ( but that is full price and no concessions )

And ignores Value Added Tax.

More than hearts. :kbacker:

Like it.http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

The Gorf
02-06-2014, 08:41 AM
McDonald
Taylor Sinclair
McGowan
Hanlon
Black
Mcginn
Sarcevic
Pelly Ruddock
Gareth Evans
Liam Boyce
Andre Gray

Add a few more plus youngsters.

Obviously we'd still have robbo , booth , Cummings etc.

And get young Sam back. Or, don't let him go.

Mcpakeisgod
02-06-2014, 09:45 AM
4% of women are actually men

Gettin' Auld
02-06-2014, 10:04 AM
Players? PLAYERS?

Just give me £50,000 and put the other £1.85 Million towards the infrastucture.

:greengrin

The Green Goblin
02-06-2014, 11:16 AM
The figure is a pretty accurate estimate Green Goblin based on the accounts of the club. I have read a lot on here over the years about budgets etc.

i was interested to hear the thoughts of supporters on how they would spend the budget number.

A first team squad of 25 players on 75k pa more or less hits the 1.9m number.

Was a genuine questions with a very realistic number calculated from the published results.

Ah okay. cheers. I am hopeless with numbers, so I wouldn`t know where to begin, tbh, but I do agree with those posters who have been arguing that what the side lacks is quality in key positions, so off the top of my head, I would have 3 top bracket wages set aside (defender, midfielder, striker) for 3 experienced players of proven quality, then a 2nd bracket for `normal`players and the rest would be made up of the youngsters`salaries. I say it again, I am bad with numbers and the above is just an attempt to give some kind of answer.

Cropley10
02-06-2014, 11:20 AM
Does it really matter how the £1.9m figure was worked out? It's a thread with a hypothetical question and (as far as I can see) just for fun.

Give the boy a break.

You're right I think we should sign Neil Alexander and the boy Darren McGregor, for starters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IWasThere2016
02-06-2014, 11:44 AM
£1.9M you say??? http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/dundee/dundee-firefighter-wins-1-9-million-on-lottery-1.400697 :hmmm:

GordonHFC
02-06-2014, 11:50 AM
£1.9M you say??? http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/dundee/dundee-firefighter-wins-1-9-million-on-lottery-1.400697 :hmmm:

The man, who is based at the Balmossie Fire Station, is one of two people to split the £3,885,318 jackpot in Saturday night’s Lotto draw.

His share of the prize is £1,942,659 for picking all six numbers and the bonus ball from Saturday’s main draw.

The man lives in Broughty Ferry but told The Courier today that he did not want his identity to be revealed.

Well that certainly wont take much working out will it?

Global Hibby
02-06-2014, 12:09 PM
Ah okay. cheers. I am hopeless with numbers, so I wouldn`t know where to begin, tbh, but I do agree with those posters who have been arguing that what the side lacks is quality in key positions, so off the top of my head, I would have 3 top bracket wages set aside (defender, midfielder, striker) for 3 experienced players of proven quality, then a 2nd bracket for `normal`players and the rest would be made up of the youngsters`salaries. I say it again, I am bad with numbers and the above is just an attempt to give some kind of answer.

I agree with you GG...get the spine of the team sorted and maybe spend a good 25% of the budget there......hopefully someone in centre of the park with great leadership. I would personally try and recruit players in those positions who have played at the highest level.Maybe incentive them further with a % of the transfer fees they help to develop pulling through the younger players. I would see these players not being journey men types in the age bracket of late 20's. More like players in their early to mid 30's who have made their money elsewhere. They should people who are not in survival mode but want to make a difference and see an alignment with a career at Hibs taking them towards their ambitions beyond playing days.

Global Hibby
02-06-2014, 12:29 PM
Utterly pointless thread. Firstly how is this (95% suspicious) figure of &1.9m arrived at? Historical accounts? Except the income of the club will be affected by relegation.

However we don't (really) buy players so this £1.9 m figure is really a wages figure.

And we don't know what players are on, nor what we could offer them.

The bigger question is will we have more to spend on player wages than the puddle drinking, charity stealing, debt dodging, WW1 winning crooks up the road.

Will be interesting to get the OPs view on this based on his obvious football knowledge.

Correct Cropley...is based on waged and apologies if not clear.

my area of expertise is more to do with people, business on a global basis other than being an expert on football having started a business at my kitchen table which is now in 70 countries plus with close on 1000 people.

From my viewpoint its all about people and numbers with the talent managment being key. So, if football is about talent management then maybe I do have have football knowledge. Have to say my friends and business contacts think i know sod all about football as i support Hibs.

As far as the other major clubs are concerned......the banks currently involved in lending in this area want out. You will have seen examples of restructuring taking place last season. Those clubs were in difficulty and did not have STF financial muscle behind them. This meant that they were able to pay a vastly reduced % of the debt back to the bank. This is difficult for Hibs to do unfortunately as the club is well,supported by the principal shareholder.

I would say those clubs are and have been in a position to outbid Hibs for players despite having a smaller fan base. One way to look at the numbers is to analyse how many fans in a 100 service debt and running costs and Hibs are easily in the top six in that league.

I have asked one of my analysts to try and break down actual player spend on wages across last seasons SPL. Happy to share when i get it !

Keith_M
02-06-2014, 12:42 PM
my area of expertise is more to do with people, business on a global basis other than being an expert on football having started a business at my kitchen table which is now in 70 countries plus with close on 1000 people.

What's your business? Got any jobs going just now for Software Developers?

Peevemor
02-06-2014, 12:44 PM
What's your business? Got any jobs going just now for Software Developers?

... having started a business at my kitchen table which is now in 70 countries ...

He's a wood machinist. :greengrin

Keith_M
02-06-2014, 12:48 PM

Aw, boll*x, I should have realised.

:boo hoo:

Global Hibby
02-06-2014, 01:18 PM

Being good with wood probably explains why i watch the Hibs Mate :wink::wink:

Peevemor
02-06-2014, 01:20 PM
Being good with wood probably explains why i watch the Hibs Mate :wink::wink:

It's been a while since they've had that effect on me. :greengrin

Global Hibby
02-06-2014, 01:21 PM
Aw, boll*x, I should have realised.

:boo hoo:

have a roll in Frankfurt for general IT support as see your in Munich ? Might have something there to but not sure.

how does the private message thing work ? How do you sign up and pay?

We can chat there

Global Hibby
02-06-2014, 01:31 PM
It's been a while since they've had that effect on me. :greengrin

Ha ha good one !

i guess Pinocchio would be great for a role at Hibs....maybe that might be a bit to transparent when it comes down to answering questions though :greengrin

Cropley10
02-06-2014, 04:36 PM
Correct Cropley...is based on waged and apologies if not clear.

From my viewpoint its all about people and numbers with the talent managment being key. So, if football is about talent management then maybe I do have have football knowledge. Have to say my friends and business contacts think i know sod all about football as i support Hibs.

As far as the other major clubs are concerned......the banks currently involved in lending in this area want out. You will have seen examples of restructuring taking place last season. Those clubs were in difficulty and did not have STF financial muscle behind them. This meant that they were able to pay a vastly reduced % of the debt back to the bank. This is difficult for Hibs to do unfortunately as the club is well,supported by the principal shareholder.

I would say those clubs are and have been in a position to outbid Hibs for players despite having a smaller fan base. One way to look at the numbers is to analyse how many fans in a 100 service debt and running costs and Hibs are easily in the top six in that league.

I have asked one of my analysts to try and break down actual player spend on wages across last seasons SPL. Happy to share when i get it !

I hate to say it, but the problem Hibs have is we’ve been completing on a completely un-level playing field.

Hearts have just been purchased, lock, stock and a decrepit old main stand for £2.5m. Peanuts. For many, many years, they gained an unfair sporting advantage by signing players they couldn’t afford, running up huge, unsustainable debts, that they have simply walked away from now. Meantime though all of their fans have got memories that no-one can ever take away from them. Now tThey can literally start again – albeit with limited borrowing capability and a capital sum to service and repay. Infrastructure will have to come, a new main stand – but they may just continue to use HWU, who they bumped, before the Council help extend their facilities free of charge.

Now some might say the Hearts strategy was cheating. They might be right. But I’m not sure what the real advantage of ‘financial prudence’ and ‘sustainability’ really is – after Rangers were liquidated a precedent has been set. A Club can’t really go bust – it just reforms and restarts. You can’t extinguish it, so what’s the real risk?

So, if one Club, pays its bills on time, services it debt with its income and can’t default while another Club chases the dream and has a few seasons (or more) of comparative success before defaulting who’s likely to have won more cups and mdeals?

Morally and ethically Rod pursued exactly the right path – but as righteous as it is, when plenty of others don’t it’s all a bit futile. By the way, I’m not – for a second – criticising RP on this point.

Players go where the most money is generally, and they don’t care – and why should they – if it’s all on the never never. That’s not been, and won’t be, our style. So, what’s the best we can hope for?

SunshineOnLeith
02-06-2014, 05:05 PM

Coming from you?!

Keith_M
02-06-2014, 05:12 PM
have a roll in Frankfurt for general IT support as see your in Munich ? Might have something there to but not sure.

how does the private message thing work ? How do you sign up and pay?

We can chat there

Hi, you're already a member so allowed to use the Private Messaging. I've just sent you a message so you could reply to that.

Have a look near the top of the page. It's 'Notifications - Inbox'

:thumbsup:

Global Hibby
02-06-2014, 10:31 PM
I hate to say it, but the problem Hibs have is we’ve been completing on a completely un-level playing field.

Hearts have just been purchased, lock, stock and a decrepit old main stand for £2.5m. Peanuts. For many, many years, they gained an unfair sporting advantage by signing players they couldn’t afford, running up huge, unsustainable debts, that they have simply walked away from now. Meantime though all of their fans have got memories that no-one can ever take away from them. Now tThey can literally start again – albeit with limited borrowing capability and a capital sum to service and repay. Infrastructure will have to come, a new main stand – but they may just continue to use HWU, who they bumped, before the Council help extend their facilities free of charge.

Now some might say the Hearts strategy was cheating. They might be right. But I’m not sure what the real advantage of ‘financial prudence’ and ‘sustainability’ really is – after Rangers were liquidated a precedent has been set. A Club can’t really go bust – it just reforms and restarts. You can’t extinguish it, so what’s the real risk?

So, if one Club, pays its bills on time, services it debt with its income and can’t default while another Club chases the dream and has a few seasons (or more) of comparative success before defaulting who’s likely to have won more cups and mdeals?

Morally and ethically Rod pursued exactly the right path – but as righteous as it is, when plenty of others don’t it’s all a bit futile. By the way, I’m not – for a second – criticising RP on this point.

Players go where the most money is generally, and they don’t care – and why should they – if it’s all on the never never. That’s not been, and won’t be, our style. So, what’s the best we can hope for?

I agree Cropley and is a sad state when the people who operate properly are the ones who end up not benefiting from fairness.

Your spot on (though it pains me to say it that ) the fans from those clubs who spent money theydid not have.......retain those memories for ever at the expense of clubs like ours who were prudent in most things.

The debt comparison league is an interesting one these days and unbelievable that Hearts end up in a stronger position than Hibs by the previous owners criminal like activities.

The best we can hope for is a good question !! Lets hope we find a leader on and off the park before the season starts who can bring this historic making club back to life.

I have a feeling we will end up in a play off for promotion and lets hope we have the bottle to get over the line !!

IWasThere2016
03-06-2014, 07:42 AM
The man, who is based at the Balmossie Fire Station, is one of two people to split the £3,885,318 jackpot in Saturday night’s Lotto draw.

His share of the prize is £1,942,659 for picking all six numbers and the bonus ball from Saturday’s main draw.

The man lives in Broughty Ferry but told The Courier today that he did not want his identity to be revealed.

Well that certainly wont take much working out will it?

Yup - I reckon I could do so inside 10 mins!

Jim44
03-06-2014, 08:52 AM
;4043963']So 1.9 m isn't a suspicious amount? Strange figure to reach randomly.

Global Hibby is Leeann Dempster and, after just one day in the job, realises the need for expert advice from the combined membership of Hibs.net.

nribs
13-06-2014, 02:50 PM
How would you spend it ? What positions ? How many players etc

Is this you sounding us out before you buy us :greengrin

ekhibee
13-06-2014, 03:16 PM
Global Hibby is Leeann Dempster and, after just one day in the job, realises the need for expert advice from the combined membership of Hibs.net.
Lol I was beginning to think that myself!

Salisbury Hibby
13-06-2014, 03:34 PM

Don't forget he's got a roll in Frankfurt. Would that be a roll and sausage? I'm calling LTYF on this one.