PDA

View Full Version : Will Dempster make a statement tomorrow?

Diclonius
01-06-2014, 06:54 PM
Given she's officially started work at Hibs, there may well be one.

Or I suppose the real question should be: Will Dempster be allowed to make a statement tomorrow? :rolleyes:

Bronson
01-06-2014, 07:00 PM
I think so, although it may just be more of a welcome/introduction than anything else.

emerald green
01-06-2014, 07:03 PM
Given the mess the club is currently in, I think it's imperative that LD makes some sort of statement. She may not be able to go into a lot of detail as it's early days obviously.

I would also like to hear something from STF. Is that not possible? Is that completely unreasonable? To be honest, I'm not sure what I want him to say, other than he has asked Petrie to stand down right away, but somehow I don't think that's going to happen unfortunately. But at least say something to the supporters. Maybe there's a good reason preventing this, and if there is then fair enough.

Weir7
01-06-2014, 07:17 PM
Given she's officially started work at Hibs, there may well be one.

Or I suppose the real question should be: Will Dempster be allowed to make a statement tomorrow? :rolleyes:

There will be big announcements this week. Directory of Football George Craig. Head of Youth Eddie May.

I expect casualties in our directors. They will be sacrificed for Rod. Head of youth will go.

Petrie is a master politician he will try and take the wind out of the Petrie out campaign.

If Butcher survives I'll be suprised.

emerald green
01-06-2014, 07:34 PM
There will be big announcements this week. Directory of Football George Craig. Head of Youth Eddie May.

I expect casualties in our directors. They will be sacrificed for Rod. Head of youth will go.

Petrie is a master politician he will try and take the wind out of the Petrie out campaign.

If only.

jacomo
01-06-2014, 07:45 PM
I think she has to?

Is Butcher still the manager? Where is he?

Will more players leave?

What's the target for next season?

Will the club reduce ticket prices?

What's the budget and how are we doing on bringing players in?

I can only guess that ST sales have fallen away and the club surely have to start building some momentum now.

HH81
01-06-2014, 07:47 PM
Why does it have to be tomorrow?

FFS give her tme to find a decent butty shop. I expet one by Wednesday though.

Pretty Boy
01-06-2014, 07:50 PM
Is the 1st day not all about finding out about the tea and coffee kitty, lottery syndicate, who the office bitches are etc etc?

Once she figures all that out then she can start worrying about statements.

Haymaker
01-06-2014, 07:51 PM
Think she has too really. Some sort of rally call, new regime kinda thing maybe set out a few ideas she hopes to bring about in her time here etc etc.

truehibernian
01-06-2014, 07:55 PM

I've a friend that sees the Craig appointment as a bit bemusing as he's had no career in football and is seen as a businessman first and foremost. I've a feeling that there will be more strings to his bow and making the most from East Mains may also be on the agenda from a financial aspect.

Eddie May had a terrific reputation amongst the youngsters at Falkirk I hear and I believe stays in Edinburgh, within spitting distance of Spartans, which again is a bonus (or he did anyway).

As for Butcher - if the deal can be financed then I can see him out and Ian Murray in. Very soon.

Weir7
01-06-2014, 08:00 PM
I've a friend that sees the Craig appointment as a bit bemusing as he's had no career in football and is seen as a businessman first and foremost. I've a feeling that there will be more strings to his bow and making the most from East Mains may also be on the agenda from a financial aspect.

Eddie May had a terrific reputation amongst the youngsters at Falkirk I hear and I believe stays in Edinburgh, within spitting distance of Spartans, which again is a bonus (or he did anyway).

As for Butcher - if the deal can be financed then I can see him out and Ian Murray in. Very soon.

Forgot to say that Spartans deal will be announced. Craig behind that.

I'm in favour of a DOF but as you say he's a suit. Done same job at Falkirk baa LD did and Motherwell and Rod at Hibs. Bizarre appointment.

Weir7
01-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Is the 1st day not all about finding out about the tea and coffee kitty, lottery syndicate, who the office bitches are etc etc?

Once she figures all that out then she can start worrying about statements.

She's been working behind scenes for weeks. Plus she's already been told what changes shes making.

truehibernian
01-06-2014, 08:06 PM
Forgot to say that Spartans deal will be announced. Craig behind that.

I'm in favour of a DOF but as you say he's a suit. Done same job at Falkirk baa LD did and Motherwell and Rod at Hibs. Bizarre appointment.

Thing is W7 I've also heard there are plans to look at selling land at EM - now whether there is truth in this - but it's clear that they may be looking at EM as being costly if we stay down.

Pretty Boy
01-06-2014, 08:08 PM
She's been working behind scenes for weeks. Plus she's already been told what changes shes making.

I wasn't being entirely serious....

Anyway I've heard the Spartans tie up is only going to cover the very young age groups, under 9s to 12s. Is that true?

matty_f
01-06-2014, 08:13 PM
I would hope to hear from her tomorrow in a statement, as has been mentioned we need a rallying call IMHO. The Petrie situation is damaging everyone at the moment and one way or another we're going to have to get past it (either by him leaving, or by us coming to terms with the fact that there'll be a fight to oust him) for the good of the team.

3pm
01-06-2014, 08:14 PM
Might be a Hibs TV interview.

Billy Whizz
01-06-2014, 08:14 PM

Does it still exist

GoldenEagle
01-06-2014, 08:17 PM
Thing is W7 I've also heard there are plans to look at selling land at EM - now whether there is truth in this - but it's clear that they may be looking at EM as being costly if we stay down.

We only use 50% of the land that we own down at EM.

If we can sell this 50%for a decent price then it makes sense.

Weir7
01-06-2014, 08:19 PM

Lots and lots of spare land at EM which well never need.

Weir7
01-06-2014, 08:19 PM

Anyway I've heard the Spartans tie up is only going to cover the very young age groups, under 9s to 12s. Is that true?

Yip just lower age groups. Hard to get kids down to EM due to remoteness.

Heisenberg
01-06-2014, 08:22 PM
I'll be utterly amazed it Butcher leaves now. We'll see the changes noted above, DOF, Spartans etc. Petrie will remain and so will the management team. Should be a fun season ahead.

Jonnyboy
01-06-2014, 08:25 PM

I bloody hope not. I've every respect and admiration for the volunteers who man Hibs TV but any speech/announcement by LD has to get a much wider audience than Hibs TV can offer

southsider
01-06-2014, 08:26 PM
Will Petrie sack Butcher and appoint Ian Murray to pull the rug from under the feet of the Petrie Out guys ? I have no idea but i think he will do anything to stay in power.

truehibernian
01-06-2014, 08:28 PM

Their strips sound nice - think it's for all the youth age groups up to 17's I heard PB - Spartans retain their club 'colours' but with a Hibs badge and livery on it too.

But this was from a Spartans club official who said they didn't know the 'in's and out's' !

bingo70
01-06-2014, 08:34 PM
Petrie puts statement out backing butcher. Dempster comes in straight away and punts him.

Good way to show she's making the decisions and not rod.

Deansy
01-06-2014, 08:38 PM
If she does and the phrase 'Hibernian Family' is in it, it's got Petrie's DNA all over it.

Ringothedog
01-06-2014, 09:00 PM
I think any statement she makes Will go along the lines of " **** this for a game of soldiers, I resign!!"

Diclonius
01-06-2014, 09:04 PM
Petrie puts statement out backing butcher. Dempster comes in straight away and punts him.

Good way to show she's making the decisions and not rod.

Whilst I'm happy for Butcher to stay, this would indeed be a statement of power and would show we are heading in the right direction.

Vini1875
01-06-2014, 09:10 PM
I have no expectantion of her making any statements. Far too soon. She may be working behind the scenes but this is an almighty mess to clear up in one morning. Hibs know a rally has been called for saturday so I would expect to hear something before the weekend. They must know that they cannot just give out a few sound bites and have to do something concrete to turn the tide of anger.

weonlywon6-2
01-06-2014, 09:28 PM
Dont ever remember her making any statements at motherwell and i cant help thinking we are expecting miracles from her

The Harp
01-06-2014, 10:10 PM
I hope someone from Hibs makes a statement soon - the silence has been deafening.
I'd expect Leanne to give us a 'so glad to be here' type introductory speech with a plea for giving her time to get things right. Could be interesting.

madhatter
01-06-2014, 10:56 PM
Club should make statement welcoming her. Nothing expected of her yet. Too soon. Even though I'm guessing she'll be well paid, no one should make statement in that type of role without proper assessment.

sahib
01-06-2014, 11:19 PM
The weight of expectation on this woman is ridiculous. What has she done to be seen as such a miracle worker?

Jack
02-06-2014, 06:07 AM
Well that's just over 7 hours and stll nothing.

I'm pure ragin so I am!

Lmc2105
02-06-2014, 06:36 AM
She has changed her twitter now to Hibernian FC now that's a start :greengrin

davym7062
02-06-2014, 07:43 AM
im amazed shes not told us how great the training facility is :greengrin

nribs
02-06-2014, 07:46 AM
Half expect a stetement saying she's sorry it didn't work out at Hibs and to wish us all the best for the future :)

h185forever
02-06-2014, 07:54 AM
Can I ask why the post was deleted ?

matty_f
02-06-2014, 08:07 AM
Can I ask why the post was deleted ?

Because it was sexist.

stoneyburn hibs
02-06-2014, 08:12 AM
Half expect a stetement saying she's sorry it didn't work out at Hibs and to wish us all the best for the future :)

Lol, it really wouldn't be that much of a surprise if she did.

h185forever
02-06-2014, 08:14 AM
Because it was sexist.

Fair air enough ..it was meant as humour ......and compared to some of the bile and outright hatred shown to players , Petrie etc it was very moderate , wrong i accept .

Hermit Crab
02-06-2014, 08:17 AM
Dont ever remember her making any statements at motherwell and i cant help thinking we are expecting miracles from her

She was interviewed on radio Scotland quite a bit on Saturdays when Motherwell were doing their schemes to get fans back to support them.

matty_f
02-06-2014, 08:18 AM
Fair air enough ..it was meant as humour ......and compared to some of the bile and outright hatred shown to players , Petrie etc it was very moderate , wrong i accept .

:aok:

Nailrod
02-06-2014, 08:20 AM
:agree:

Just wait till Mixu/Yogi/Calderwood/Paddy/Terry brings his own players in...

Peevemor
02-06-2014, 08:21 AM
There you go.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140602/new-chief-executive-starts-work_2262950_3875469

"I am excited by the challenge, and I will be relentless in pursuit of improvement and success. However, we need everyone to be together, to work together, and to ensure that we maintain the stable platform at the Club which is vital to help propel us towards our common goal of promotion back to the Premiership next season.
"I understand people are upset and concerned about relegation, but they should understand that I am confident that I have the authority and freedom to make the decisions I want. I am also very confident that with everyone working together we can improve things quickly at the Club."

happiehibbie
02-06-2014, 08:21 AM
I called the Club last week re my ST saying i purchased it for Premiership can I get my money back ( i dont just playing the game) they told me Statements at the end of the week that has come and gone.

I have heard from a good source that TB and MM are gone! last Tuesday seeminly MM stormed off so dont know if it is a sacking or by mutal consent ATM

I think this will be a Busy week my friends

As for Stanton to Rangers Garbage :0

happiehibbie
02-06-2014, 08:27 AM
just read the statement

I dont like the paragragh RP is the bridge between STF and the club

which means

LD mt RP i need money to buy a player RP calls STF and asks for funds STF sorry RP no RP then says to LD sorry No

Status Quo my friends

Hibs90
02-06-2014, 08:33 AM
"Supporters could not have been surprised if Leeann had second thoughts following the enormously disappointing end to our season which saw us relegated to the Championship. But we know the character of the lady and she never wavered in her determination to join Hibernian."

Why even say that in the first place then? :rolleyes:

Rod has handed over all executive responsibilities to Leeann. His role will now be as Non Executive Chairman, and he will focus on helping to facilitate the Change Agenda identified by the Board. He continues to be the conduit between the Club and its principal shareholder and benefactor, Sir Tom Farmer.

So basically as predicted Rod will still have final decisions especially when finance is involved :rolleyes:

they should understand that I am confident that I have the authority and freedom to make the decisions I want. I am also very confident that with everyone working together we can improve things quickly at the Club."

Hopefully true, however believe it when I see it.

Peevemor
02-06-2014, 08:35 AM
So basically as predicted Rod will still have final decisions especially when finance is involved :rolleyes:

No STF will.

CropleyWasGod
02-06-2014, 08:37 AM
[I]"
[I]
[

Where does it say that?

"She takes over responsibility for all Club activity, including - but not solely - football, community and supporter engagement, marketing and communications, and finance."

Crazyhorse
02-06-2014, 09:02 AM
Where does it say that?

"She takes over responsibility for all Club activity, including - but not solely - football, community and supporter engagement, marketing and communications, and finance."

But Rod it seems is still the only one with the ear of the king.

We shall have to see what happens of course but Hibs will still be divided - with the consequent lose of income that entails. Rod could unite everyone behind the club by leaving. However as I see it the club's value to Rod is as an instrument for his SFA ambitions and it would take enormous pressure for him to give those up.

I wish Leanne well but Rod is still lurking in the background like a bad smell and that makes it hard for me to feel particularly cheerful.

IWasThere2016
02-06-2014, 09:30 AM
No STF will.

Where does it say this?

Peevemor
02-06-2014, 09:34 AM
Where does it say this?

In the statement.

He continues to be the conduit between the Club and its principal shareholder and benefactor, Sir Tom Farmer.

conduit (ˈkɒndɪt, -djʊɪt)

— n

a pipe or channel for carrying a fluid

a rigid tube or duct for carrying and protecting electrical wires orcables

an agency or means of access, communication, etc

botany a water-transporting element in a plant; a xylem vessel ora tracheid

a rare word for fountain (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fountain)

IWasThere2016
02-06-2014, 09:36 AM
In the statement.

:confused:

LD is a paid employee
She reports to the Board
RP is Chairman of the Board, and the link between LD/Hibs and STF
I don't see any direct link from LD to STF without RP

Peevemor
02-06-2014, 10:02 AM

LD is a paid employee
She reports to the Board

Does RP say he's going to be a filter or a valve?

Lester B
02-06-2014, 10:02 AM
"Supporters could not have been surprised if Leeann had second thoughts following the enormously disappointing end to our season which saw us relegated to the Championship. But we know the character of the lady and she never wavered in her determination to join Hibernian."

Why even say that in the first place then? :rolleyes:

Rod has handed over all executive responsibilities to Leeann. His role will now be as Non Executive Chairman, and he will focus on helping to facilitate the Change Agenda identified by the Board. He continues to be the conduit between the Club and its principal shareholder and benefactor, Sir Tom Farmer.

they should understand that I am confident that I have the authority and freedom to make the decisions I want. I am also very confident that with everyone working together we can improve things quickly at the Club."

Hopefully true, however believe it when I see it.

Needs to be said in the first place because it's the first thing she would be asked so putting it in the statement spikes guns on that. This is a much better statement than previous ones from the club as at least this acknowledges the pressure being put on about Petrie. Not saying it reassures me about him but the other quoted sentence about freedom and authority is absolutely key. By this coming Saturday we should have some idea already how true this is.

Lester B
02-06-2014, 10:03 AM
Does RP say he's going to be a filter or a valve?

Isn't he more of a rigid tube?

Lester B
02-06-2014, 10:05 AM
The weight of expectation on this woman is ridiculous. What has she done to be seen as such a miracle worker?

a) She's not Rod Petrie
b) See under a)

Saorsa
02-06-2014, 10:07 AM
Does RP say he's going to be a filter or a valve?he's definitely a valve

WHUHibs
02-06-2014, 10:09 AM

LD is a paid employee
She reports to the Board

That is 100% correct if it's a normal business in relation to protocol!

Example I am a member of my board, I report to the CEO/Chairman who owns a percentage higher than mine. He in turn reports to our financiers ,,,we make all the financial decisions but might refer for substantial Capex investment. However, day to say financing is completed by us and provide a monthly report to our major investors.

So in conclusion there should be no need to discuss with STF day to day running of the club unless:

Build or sell some of our assets and that would not include players etc,,,but would include selling or developing ER or EM!

There isn't anything positive in the announcement today and working together is a pretty standard statement to make saying we should trust her. I think if she had complete control why not? However, with Rod still clinging on I suspect that won't happen...

Peevemor
02-06-2014, 10:12 AM
he's definitely a valve

:greengrin

Or even a Kwik Fit filter?

mim
02-06-2014, 10:15 AM
"I am also very confident that with everyone working together we can improve things quickly at the Club."
I would like to ask why these quick changes have not been made already? Who has been sitting on their hands? Who is responsible for not taking these actions already?

Peevemor
02-06-2014, 10:15 AM

Example I am a member of my board, I report to the CEO/Chairman who owns a percentage higher than mine. He in turn reports to our financiers ,,,we make all the financial decisions but might refer for substantial Capex investment. However, day to say financing is completed by us and provide a monthly report to our major investors.

So in conclusion there should be no need to discuss with STF day to day running of the club unless:

Build or sell some of our assets and that would not include players etc,,,but would include selling or developing ER or EM!

There isn't anything positive in the announcement today and working together is a pretty standard statement to make saying we should trust her. I think if she had complete control why not? However, with Rod still clinging on I suspect that won't happen...

Surely the "sweeping change" that's going to be made, whatever it is, will require the input/agreement of the principal shareholder?

Peevemor
02-06-2014, 10:17 AM
"I am also very confident that with everyone working together we can improve things quickly at the Club."
I would like to ask why these quick changes have not been made already? Who has been sitting on their hands? Who is responsible for not taking these actions already?

LD has been brought in to make the changes. She started working for Hibs officially this morning.

mim
02-06-2014, 10:24 AM
LD has been brought in to make the changes. She started working for Hibs officially this morning. Nobody at the club has said anything about quick changes.

Precisely. My question is why did the previous chief exec not implement these quick changes?

Peevemor
02-06-2014, 10:26 AM
Precisely. My question is why did the previous chief exec not implement these quick changes?

Because any decisions he is seen to have taken will be met with derision by the majority of the support.

mim
02-06-2014, 10:32 AM
Because any decisions he is seen to have taken will be met with derision by the majority of the support.

Even if we had avoided relegation? Even if we had finished in the top 6? If improvements have been identified, why were they not implemented?

Lester B
02-06-2014, 10:52 AM

...with good reason given his track record in post

IWasThere2016
02-06-2014, 11:37 AM

:agree: Same old same old .. so far :greengrin

The previous Ch. Ex was incapable .. pure and simple. Otherwise it wouldn't have been 7 years of slip sliding away ..

greenpaper55
02-06-2014, 11:45 AM

He's made enough decisions and most of them wrong.

borstalboy
02-06-2014, 11:48 AM
Even if we had avoided relegation? Even if we had finished in the top 6? If improvements have been identified, why were they not implemented?

I think your comment says it all and is exactly the reason why us fans no longer believe a word Rod Petrie says.

Basically, reading between the lines I see this as the current board (pre LD) have identified changes, not put them in to place and will leave Leeann to be the face of these changes, as if she's come up with it all on her own!

Whether my previous statement is right or wrong this is the problem we have, I just don't believe a word he says.

madhatter
02-06-2014, 11:57 AM

I agree with this but I think it is more that Petrie has been good for the club in terms of stabilising it and giving us infrastructure but, like Fenlon, I think on the playing success side, he feels he can't be responsible for it because he has a known track-record of messing it up. Backing the wrong manager, sacking him, paying compensation for new manager and consequently giving him no cash because its all blown. Also why we have players on 2 year contracts that we'd like cleared. No individual manager is to blame and Petrie isn't entirely to blame. Sadly due to Petrie's lengthy tenure, he needs to take the most slack for causing what seems a relentless decline in playing standards.

Leeann, I believe, will be brought in at a time where the club is viewed as being fairly stable with opportunities to bring fan initiatives on board. If Petrie has honestly recognised his ineptitude then I take my hat off to him but I still question his involvement. Leeann, whilst having a good management team at Motherwell, achieved success with the fans and more importantly success on the pitch. Both of which are sorely lacking at Hibs. Someone is bound to have recognised this from within the club?

Best foundation for future of Hibs: bring decent pros in on short term contracts (1 year) with 1-3 on extended terms (2 years). Then embed large portions of talented youths around that who are on long term contracts (3-4 years). Conor McGrandles is 18 years old and has played 60+ games in Falkirk top team already. He will have developed massively as a player by playing top team football. This loaning out system seems a waste of time with most of our youngsters.

clerriehibs
02-06-2014, 12:02 PM
LD is just Petrie's puppet.

She's even wearing his old suit in today's scotsman.

madhatter
02-06-2014, 12:12 PM
LD is just Petrie's puppet.

She's even wearing his old suit in today's scotsman.

Is she? How do you know on her first day? Well informed?

She is wearing a baggy suit? So what?

Crazyhorse
02-06-2014, 01:36 PM
In the statement.

Rod Petrie is a 'conduit'. As you point out the dictionary definition would imply that he is merely a communication channel, the bearer of messages between the CEO and STF but with no influence or interest in the message itself. A bit like a carrier pigeon or one of those new fangled inventions - the telephone. If that is all he is doing (i.e. not filtering, gatekeeping, influencing etc) why have him around? If the CEO wants to communicate with STF about anything she could use a quicker and cheaper conduit like maybe the telephone - certainly there will be a price for the call but it would be cheaper than losing the income from the element in the support base who will boycott until Petrie is removed.

Peevemor
02-06-2014, 01:39 PM
Rod Petrie is a 'conduit'. As you point out the dictionary definition would imply that he is merely a communication channel, the bearer of messages between the CEO and STF but with no influence or interest in the message itself. A bit like a carrier pigeon or one of those new fangled inventions - the telephone. If that is all he is doing (i.e. not filtering, gatekeeping, influencing etc) why have him around? If the CEO wants to communicate with STF about anything she could use a quicker and cheaper conduit like maybe the telephone - certainly there will be a price for the call but it would be cheaper than losing the income from the element in the support base who will boycott until Petrie is removed.

Fair points, but there are very few people that can answer that question.

My guess is that that's the way STF wants things, at least for the time being. :dunno:

bighairyfaeleith
02-06-2014, 01:56 PM
Is she? How do you know on her first day? Well informed?

She is wearing a baggy suit? So what?

Think his comment may have been a bit tongue in cheek

Crazyhorse
02-06-2014, 02:04 PM
Fair points, but there are very few people that can answer that question.

My guess is that that's the way STF wants things, at least for the time being. :dunno:

This is the key issue which a lot of people miss. STF doesn't actually think football is the kind of thing that grown men should be bothered with (I've heard him express that view - well imply it). He has no ambition for the club in terms of success on the pitch and would probably be happy enough with it ticking over in the lower tiers as long as its not costing him anything. This lack of interest/ambition could lead to further cost reductions in order to break even. As long as Petrie is there the light is kept off Farmer and in my view that suits him fine. I would like rid of Petrie not just because he has displayed total ineptitude over the past few years but also because I think it will start to turn attention on to STF's intentions for the club.

Pete
02-06-2014, 02:17 PM
Petrie makes no decisions any more and Leeann now runs the club. It's there in black and white.

Time for unity folks! :thumbsup:

Lester B
02-06-2014, 02:22 PM
Petrie makes no decisions any more and Leeann now runs the club. It's there in black and white.

I love the smell of irony in the afternoon!

Pete
02-06-2014, 02:37 PM
I love the smell of irony in the afternoon!

...which is why you work in a welding shop? :greengrin

I don't know what hope smells like but it wears a baggy suit. Reassured by this statement and I'm sure she'll not tolerate any meddling. :thumbsup:

Saorsa
02-06-2014, 03:16 PM

aye well that's me convinced then :aok:

bighairyfaeleith
02-06-2014, 03:19 PM

I agree time to get behind the club, hopefully they will launch a season book initiative to pay over 10 months again so I can get signed up.

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

Saorsa
02-06-2014, 03:26 PM
I agree time to get behind the club, hopefully they will launch a season book initiative to pay over 10 months again so I can get signed up.

Sent from my C2105 using TapatalkI'm surprised you're no signed up already as you're such a fan of how things are done at this club, I thought you'd be right in there with your dosh. Not for me again at any time while petrie remains.