PDA

View Full Version : Potential teams for next season - cheerful speculation

madhatter
01-06-2014, 03:37 PM
GK – Mirko Ranieri/Kettings/Horne/Perntreau

RB – Conor McLaughlin/Black/Wes Baynes CB – McGregor/Forster CB – Hanlon/Gardiner LB - Taylor Sinclair/Baptie/Aswad Thomas

RM – Rodman/McGrandles/Gareth Evans CM – Wedderburn/Antoni Sarcevic CM – Robertson/Stanton/Pelly Ruddock LM – Harris/Booth/Matty Blair

FW – Loy/Andre Gray FW – Boyce/Jamil Adam/David Moyo

Defence would need some work, especially at CB and RB and GK is questionable. However, rest of team would do well in championship and provide platform for decent Premier side. Like the look of Wedderburn, Sarcevic, Pelly Ruddock, and Andre Gray.

We need to realise that for the rebuild to work, we need hungry players. Gems in the conference etc should not be ruled out.

Smartie
01-06-2014, 03:40 PM
Who are these people?

madhatter
01-06-2014, 03:44 PM
Who are these people?

Football players.

Some of them are already at Hibs so if you are asking about them as well - I despair.

Bronson
01-06-2014, 04:28 PM
Are any of these guys even rumoured to be linked with hibs? No offence, just seems like you put some names into a hat and done a lucky dip.

madhatter
01-06-2014, 04:34 PM
Are any of these guys even rumoured to be linked with hibs? No offence, just seems like you put some names into a hat and done a lucky dip.

I said "Potential teams for next season - cheerful speculation". Think the answer is there to be honest. I realise everyone is hurting but am I causing any harm by starting a thread where I put together a team of players I know from lower english leagues, the scottish championship etc. that I think could get the job done? Oh, and Butcher will be looking at some of the players I mentioned - they are cheap, they have talent and he did the same at ICT.

Incidentally, the answer to your question is some of those players already play at Hibs, and yes, Rodman is rumoured to be coming to Hibs.

I never said "who we are after", I was looking for a light-hearted "what do you think of these players and the team?" type thing but obviously Hibs fans collectively have smashed a nest and got bees in their bonnet over everything at the moment.

The next post on this thread will probably say "Is this a fact? Do you have proof?"

Cocaine&Caviar
01-06-2014, 04:42 PM
Jamie MacDonald

Forster - Hanlon - McGivern - Stevenson

Harris - Robertson - Stanton - Booth

Cummings - New Striker to score 35+, give him all the wage budget remaining.

Smartie
01-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Fair enough, sorry for my cynical post.

The reality is that we're going to have to build a team on a shoestring with players that we're unlikely to have heard of mixed with our own youngsters. My knowledge of the English lower leagues is very limited so forgive me for questioning how Stanton may mix with players like Pelly Ruddock, Aswad Thomas and Gareth Evans who I didn't know even existed.

I reserve judgment on any player until he's had time to settle in - unfortunately this year that time is the close season. If they do the business come the start of the season I really don't care where they came from, how old they are, what they are called or where they come from.

madhatter
01-06-2014, 04:47 PM
Jamie MacDonald

Basis of new team is the same as team that took us down? 2 left footed CBs may be a problem. May not be, not sure. Not sure of many strikers who would score 35+ with that team behind them - I'd happily be proven wrong though!

we are hibs
01-06-2014, 04:49 PM
Jamie MacDonald

If if that was our defence we'd go down again.

madhatter
01-06-2014, 04:55 PM
Fair enough, sorry for my cynical post.

The reality is that we're going to have to build a team on a shoestring with players that we're unlikely to have heard of mixed with our own youngsters. My knowledge of the English lower leagues is very limited so forgive me for questioning how Stanton may mix with players like Pelly Ruddock, Aswad Thomas and Gareth Evans who I didn't know even existed.

I reserve judgment on any player until he's had time to settle in - unfortunately this year that time is the close season. If they do the business come the start of the season I really don't care where they came from, how old they are, what they are called or where they come from.

True argument. None of us knew of McKay, Draper, Meekings, so on, untill they were up here.

We did know of Liam Craig, OTJ, Rowan Vine, Nelson when they came.

Col2
01-06-2014, 05:07 PM
This looked on face value the 2nd positive thread since black Sunday......however it was ripped up for toilet paper before you could say where's my season ticket money refund:wink:

I was going to say merge with the Positive Thread but let's hold of just now :greengrin

R11Loaded
01-06-2014, 05:07 PM
Sarcevic would be akin to Latapy if we signed him... That's how highly I rate him.

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

madhatter
01-06-2014, 05:14 PM
Sarcevic would be akin to Latapy if we signed him... That's how highly I rate him.

Agreed, that's why I put him in the team! I also rate Pelly Ruddock highly! Box-to-box midfielder who can play CB as well. Andre Gray has also scored 30 goals this season for Luton. Some very good goals as well.

R11Loaded
01-06-2014, 05:15 PM
Agreed, that's why I put him in the team! I also rate Pelly Ruddock highly! Box-to-box midfielder who can play CB as well. Andre Gray has also scored 30 goals this season for Luton. Some very good goals as well.

They'd all command fees though man, don't expect any of them at Hibs.

madhatter
01-06-2014, 05:24 PM
They'd all command fees though man, don't expect any of them at Hibs.

We've paid a lot more for less. However, that is why I listed players like Wedderburn etc. Also, Mirko Ranieri is a free and is quite young, released from Spurs this summer. Wait and see though, we may be surprised who turns up! Boyce is free and would definitely do a job. He's played against Celtic in the Champions League so I'm sure he's good enough for us.

There are many more in conference leagues that took step down through various reasons. It's a bit like Rory McAllister, he could score goals in higher leagues but wanted to finish his plumbing apprenticeship.

We'd not have to offer these teams too much money in the grand scheme of things.

Bronson
01-06-2014, 07:06 PM
I said "Potential teams for next season - cheerful speculation". Think the answer is there to be honest. I realise everyone is hurting but am I causing any harm by starting a thread where I put together a team of players I know from lower english leagues, the scottish championship etc. that I think could get the job done? Oh, and Butcher will be looking at some of the players I mentioned - they are cheap, they have talent and he did the same at ICT.

Incidentally, the answer to your question is some of those players already play at Hibs, and yes, Rodman is rumoured to be coming to Hibs.

I never said "who we are after", I was looking for a light-hearted "what do you think of these players and the team?" type thing but obviously Hibs fans collectively have smashed a nest and got bees in their bonnet over everything at the moment.

The next post on this thread will probably say "Is this a fact? Do you have proof?"

Woah, you took that a bit to heart, I was genuinely curious if any of them had been linked with hibs since I hadn't heard of them. I'm well aware the likes of Hanlon, Stanton etc play for us already, but you threw some random names out of thin air into the mixer hence why I questioned it.

Only one of those names that isn't already in our squad that has been linked is Rodman. My post wasn't raining on your parade, chill out.

madhatter
01-06-2014, 07:15 PM
Woah, you took that a bit to heart, I was genuinely curious if any of them had been linked with hibs since I hadn't heard of them. I'm well aware the likes of Hanlon, Stanton etc play for us already, but you threw some random names out of thin air into the mixer hence why I questioned it.

Only one of those names that isn't already in our squad that has been linked is Rodman. My post wasn't raining on your parade, chill out.

Sorry about my response but I did label this "cheerful speculation". They may also seem random players but I've done research and seen some play and guys that I listed are of conference level where TB will be looking. Nothing to do with my parade mate, first post with seemingly no research was "who are these people?". And even now ive not seen a response of "hmm, not bad. This is what I suggest:". We're all desperate to hear of signings but surely we can speculate for enjoyment?

Bronson
01-06-2014, 07:43 PM
Sorry about my response but I did label this "cheerful speculation". They may also seem random players but I've done research and seen some play and guys that I listed are of conference level where TB will be looking. Nothing to do with my parade mate, first post with seemingly no research was "who are these people?". And even now ive not seen a response of "hmm, not bad. This is what I suggest:". We're all desperate to hear of signings but surely we can speculate for enjoyment?

Feel free to speculate. I prefer rumours with substance personally although that was why I originally posted, in case I missed something or you knew something I never.

yeezus.
01-06-2014, 07:44 PM
Football players.

Some of them are already at Hibs so if you are asking about them as well - I despair.

I grew up with Rory Loy in Stranraer, he was never given much of a chance at Kilmarnock as far as I'm aware, did alright with Carlisle and playing well with Falkirk. Would love to sign him.

NadeAteMyLunch!
01-06-2014, 09:13 PM
Gareth Evans done ok with us last time round. His biggest problem was that he was in Keith Wright's shadow most weeks. I think he would thrive as our main striker next season

Unseen work
01-06-2014, 11:16 PM
Were All dying for some rumours. We are desperate to know which type of players were going for to get a bit of excitement.

Would love us to get sarcevic as can see him suiting butchers tactics and play in the hole and has good delivery

2 signings I would like :

Andrew little - released from rangers good goal scoring record

Paul McGowan - tough player who scores goals and creates, could do a lot worse imo

R11Loaded
02-06-2014, 12:22 AM
I reckon players coming in will be more quality then quantity. We can't afford to waste the wage