PDA

View Full Version : Owain Tudor-Jones???

Kaiserclem
01-06-2014, 02:09 PM
A good player under Butcher at ICT, Butcher tried to keep him before he came to us but what do we all think he would be like for us in the.Championship?

I think he done ok when he came on against Hamilton and ok at St Mirren but can he finally come good and do a job for us next season? I would keep him and give him until January and a decent run of games to see if he can.

3pm
01-06-2014, 02:17 PM
I have said this before and I'll say it again - he's nowhere near as bad as folk on here (or at the games) make out.

dmc1875
01-06-2014, 02:27 PM
He's just super, super slow In everything he does. I think he could come good

Kaiserclem
01-06-2014, 02:28 PM
I agree, no world beater granted, but I think he could do a job in a league where set pieces, winning the ball and sticking a foot in are a must. I think he needs a decent run in the side to build some confidence also. Let's be honest, we're needing him now!

Scorrie
01-06-2014, 02:30 PM
He is an international footballer as well!

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-06-2014, 02:31 PM
In the Welsh squad v The Dutch, scary stuff.

PeterboroHibee
01-06-2014, 02:34 PM
He really needs to improve his performances for Hibs, but based on his time at ICT, I think he could be a good player for us. Thats if he isnt let go of course.

Pretty Boy
01-06-2014, 02:35 PM
If he was asked to play a really simple holding role he'd do ok I think. Sit in front of the back 4, break up play, pass to more taleneted footballer.

He's really slow though. I mentioned it at the Raith pre seaskn game but thought he was maybe just lacking sharpness but it never really improved then he got injured and it became a bit of a cycle of not knowing if he is slow or just needs games.

Brooster
01-06-2014, 02:35 PM
He's got a heart the size of a pea and hides from the ball. I cant wait for the day he leaves.

lord bunberry
01-06-2014, 02:36 PM
He's another player who has offered practically nothing so far. One or two of last season's failures will probably come good next season, i'll be surprised if otj is one of them.

Kaiserclem
01-06-2014, 02:41 PM
If he was asked to play a really simple holding role he'd do ok I think. Sit in front of the back 4, break up play, pass to more taleneted footballer.

He's really slow though. I mentioned it at the Raith pre seaskn game but thought he was maybe just lacking sharpness but it never really improved then he got injured and it became a bit of a cycle of not knowing if he is slow or just needs games.

I agree, he does look really slow but could do a job. Will get sharper if given a decent run of games IMO

southsider
01-06-2014, 02:44 PM
I agree, he does look really slow but could do a job. Will get sharper if given a decent run of games IMO
You really think so ? Then it must be me of little faith.

truehibernian
01-06-2014, 02:52 PM

Watch him in the 1-1 Celtic game - I've yet to see a pro footballer start a game as badly and as slowly. He literally appeared scared, scared of the ball, scared to tackle, and looked like he'd been drugged. Only Liam Craig, albeit Liam played more games, was caught in possession more, under no real pressure when receiving a pass.

Terrible player, terrible signing, offers zero to the side.

Please please please can we have a fast, dynamic and creative midfield next season and not slow, misfit, journeymen footballers.

Bostonhibby
01-06-2014, 03:00 PM
Bossed the midfield when I seen Inverness thump us at ER, remarked on it at the time. Decent players with similar around them tend to do that when properly directed. I'd keep him to see what he can offer given a run. I know the potential of the rest of our "experienced" players.

Ronniekirk
01-06-2014, 03:01 PM
You really think so ? Then it must be me of little faith.
I think it's fair to say we haven't seen the best of him but Butcher hasn't played him a lot and when he ambles on there is no great urgency about him But played on front of bCk four protecting defence was where butcher said was his best position so it's whether he feels he can fit him into that roll with new players he is bringing in

silverhibee
01-06-2014, 03:04 PM
Watch him in the 1-1 Celtic game - I've yet to see a pro footballer start a game as badly and as slowly. He literally appeared scared, scared of the ball, scared to tackle, and looked like he'd been drugged. Only Liam Craig, albeit Liam played more games, was caught in possession more, under no real pressure when receiving a pass.

Terrible player, terrible signing, offers zero to the side.

Please please please can we have a fast, dynamic and creative midfield next season and not slow, misfit, journeymen footballers.

Paul McGowan mibbie

scoopyboy
01-06-2014, 03:10 PM
I'll buck the general trend on this thread and say he is gash and has no chance of coming good.

Zondervan
01-06-2014, 03:20 PM
The poor-man's Derek Townsley.

HoboHarry
01-06-2014, 03:32 PM
I'll buck the general trend on this thread and say he is gash and has no chance of coming good.
And yet Chris Coleman thinks he is good enough to play international football. We better hope that he isn't our next manager then......

Kaff
01-06-2014, 03:33 PM
He's got a heart the size of a pea and hides from the ball. I cant wait for the day he leaves.

Watch Hamiltons 2nd goal and his 'tackle' on the edge of the box leading up to it, cost us the game and much more

scoopyboy
01-06-2014, 03:58 PM
And yet Chris Coleman thinks he is good enough to play international football. We better hope that he isn't our next manager then......

An international friendly at this time of year, the Welsh FA put an advert in the Cardiff Courier for those wanting to play.

It's like me putting my name up on the sheet for a bowling match.

Booked4Being-Ugly
01-06-2014, 04:08 PM
He is gantin.

Not one to roll his sleeves up and get stuck in. I reckon he could play for 90 mins and his strip would still look like it's came straight out the wash!

ALF TUPPER
01-06-2014, 04:10 PM
I have said this before and I'll say it again - he's nowhere near as bad as folk on here (or at the games) make out.

:agree:

Brooster
01-06-2014, 04:22 PM
Watch Hamiltons 2nd goal and his 'tackle' on the edge of the box leading up to it, cost us the game and much more

Sums him up mate. I watched him play for the 20s against killie at east mains recently and he never tried a leg, saying he was half hearted would be too generous. His passing is atrocious as well......he couldn't find a green jersey in the Hibs shop.

Scottie
01-06-2014, 04:26 PM

:agree: Hope IF he stays he proves us both wrong but GASH is the exact word that came to mind when I opened up the tread.

Danderhall Hibs
01-06-2014, 04:41 PM

Had the confidence, heart and ability to stroke his penalty away last week.

He'll tear up the championship. :wink:

Brooster
01-06-2014, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE=Danderhall Hibs;4043329]Had the confidence, heart and ability to stroke his penalty away last week.

He'll tear up the championship. :winneither.QUOTE]

Yes it was a good penalty I'll give him that. We need quick players with the stomach for the fight if we are to improve and im afraid jones has neither.

ekhibee
01-06-2014, 04:49 PM
http://youtu.be/Vt6qm-xuKeY

I reckon quite a few people have seen this clip and thought he was a good player for ICT, but on his performances with us I do have doubts. I'd be getting rid of him and bring in somebody that offers a lot more in terms of ability. Just my opinion.

mcfly
01-06-2014, 04:54 PM

Well from my seat in the east he is honking.

Never gets his shirt or shorts dirty and never has a hair out of place.

He is slow and contributes nil

Danderhall Hibs
01-06-2014, 04:56 PM
Some folk are too quick to judge IMO.

How many starts did he make last season? How many appearances in total? In fact how many minutes did he play?

Unseen work
01-06-2014, 04:58 PM
http://youtu.be/Vt6qm-xuKeY

I reckon quite a few people have seen this clip and thought he was a good player for ICT, but on his performances with us I do have doubts. I'd be getting rid of him and bring in somebody that offers a lot more in terms of ability. Just my opinion.

Would love us to get a player like shinnie

blackpoolhibs
01-06-2014, 05:00 PM
Every time i saw him play i thought i could have done just as good a job as he'd done. Now that's scary.

I just don't see a player in him, and for someone that size he's not the strongest out there.

ekhibee
01-06-2014, 05:02 PM
Some folk are too quick to judge IMO.

How many starts did he make last season? How many appearances in total? In fact how many minutes did he play?

Probably about the same is Boateng and he was pish. **** knows how he had a contract with Arsenal.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-06-2014, 05:17 PM
He can't play in front of the ball, but that doesn't make him a bad player. Probably the 1 in a 4-1-3-2 line up. If we can get two full backs with a bit of pace and can get forwards, you could give him the role of tucking in behind.

loanheadhibby
01-06-2014, 05:31 PM

correct. Bottled a challenge in lead up to Hamilton 2nd goal. If he wins the tackle we clear the ball. Was not a regular starter in one of worst hibs teams ever.

macd123
01-06-2014, 06:08 PM
If we are going to play long balls we will need him. Probably better further up the pitch so he get his head on goal kicks and cause problems in the opposition box. Also useful for defending set pieces.

Like nelson we just need to use his strengths and keep it simple. Embrace the hoooof!

.Sean.
01-06-2014, 06:22 PM
I honestly can't ever remember seeing him play. Like the invisible man.

PerfectlyFranck
02-06-2014, 02:55 AM
Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones Tudur Jones ……

I thought he looked good when he came on as a sub and can't understand why he hasn't started many games.
He fitted Butcher's formation/set-up well too, and had experience of this from ICT.
Whatever he has done or however unfit he was, he couldn't have done any worse than Craig.

I'd sooner have him over Craig next season, though I'm not sure what has gone on for him to miss out on so many games.

MrRobot
02-06-2014, 10:21 AM
Lets be honest, we can't blame him for Hamilton. They were better than us. He may have bottled a challenge, but the players who started that game and have been regulars all season bottled the game.

I wouldn't say he is good or bad, I genuinely don't think he's had enough games to be judged. Get a pre-season under him, get him fit and see if he fits Butchers style.

whiskas
02-06-2014, 10:44 AM
Would love us to get a player like shinnie Aye- it's a decent strike from OTJ but the main thing I noticed was the ICT players passing-and-moving and Shinnie drawing a couple of players with a bit of a run- again movement and pulling the opposition players around to make some space. This is the bread and butter of attacking football and it's one of the many fundamental things lacking at Hibs IMO.

truehibernian
02-06-2014, 10:48 AM
Aye- it's a decent strike from OTJ but the main thing I noticed was the ICT players passing-and-moving and Shinnie drawing a couple of players with a bit of a run- again movement and pulling the opposition players around to make some space. This is the bread and butter of attacking football and it's one of the many fundamental things lacking at Hibs IMO.

If it was Paul Cairney with the ball it would have been like a Benny Hill sketch :agree: ending up with him falling over, running into a player, or tripping over his own feet.........and OTJ would never have been fit enough or brave enough to be in the opposition half in a Hibs jersey :greengrin

Unseen work
02-06-2014, 04:03 PM
Aye- it's a decent strike from OTJ but the main thing I noticed was the ICT players passing-and-moving and Shinnie drawing a couple of players with a bit of a run- again movement and pulling the opposition players around to make some space. This is the bread and butter of attacking football and it's one of the many fundamental things lacking at Hibs IMO.

exactly, he does what iv not seen a hibs player do in a while. Demand the ball, goes about giving them a 1-2 so he stays in control of whats happening, he is controlling the tempo and trying to make things happen. he has confidence - something few in our squad have

ehf
02-06-2014, 09:30 PM

Poor man's Paul Holsgrove.

ehf
02-06-2014, 09:33 PM
correct. Bottled a challenge in lead up to Hamilton 2nd goal. If he wins the tackle we clear the ball. Was not a regular starter in one of worst hibs teams ever.

Think he was scared of conceding a penalty, to be fair; that Hamilton move should have been stopped well before it got to the edge of the box.