PDA

View Full Version : Young lads

jimmyboco1875
01-06-2014, 01:48 PM
Can someone explain as I'm totally confused as to why we are letting them all go

southsider
01-06-2014, 02:16 PM
Pertie trying to slash the wage bill i have been told. A wonderful plan..... slash the wages of our best young players giving them the chance to go elsewhere for nominal fee's. The idiot's really have taken over the asylum.

jimmyboco1875
01-06-2014, 02:21 PM
Think it's crazy why we wouldn't try and bring these young guys in and build a decent team

Michael
01-06-2014, 02:28 PM
Says who anyway? As far as I can tell it was reported in the Sun or something equally unreliable.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-06-2014, 02:29 PM
I'm becoming quite flummoxed with whats going on down there just now.

jimmyboco1875
01-06-2014, 02:39 PM
Says who anyway? As far as I can tell it was reported in the Sun or something equally unreliable.

Read all there twitter pages they are telling everyone

Devilstorment
01-06-2014, 02:45 PM
I would imagine we will need to trim the wage bill down a bit, and if is in a win now (i.e. get promoted straight away) mentality then maybe he thinks the money can be better spent improving the first team. Most players we try and sign chances are the yams will be sniffing after also not to mention other teams.

Or it could be they aren't rated highly enough?

Ronniekirk
01-06-2014, 02:54 PM
Can someone explain as I'm totally confused as to why we are letting them all go
How else are we going to be able to pay Nelson McGivern Heff et that are still on our books with season ticket sales I assume having come to a stand still with all the uncertainty around .You wouldn't know what you were buying into just now

RIP Bestie
01-06-2014, 05:24 PM
This may be way off the mark but this is my theory.
there is perhaps a generic relegation clause written into all contracts that states in the event of relegation the club reserves the right to cut the players salary by whatever percentage should they remain with the club for any seasons in the lower division. Any player who can find themselves a new club would be free to leave.
It would then be up to the manager to tell the club which players he would like to keep and the club could then negotiate new terms with those players.
this last bit is in hope more than anything else but maybe the fact we have not negotiated with the players we want to keep is because the manager for next season has not been appointed yet.

Kato
01-06-2014, 06:52 PM
maybe he thinks the money can be better spent improving the first team.

You mean Butcher is freeing pushing these guys out?

oconnors_strip
01-06-2014, 07:09 PM

im confused aswell, i know we have to cut costs etc since got relegated, but telling some of the lads they have been released and telling some of the young lads you might not be kept on, you will be told either on monday or tuesday is bad practice and doing it when one of the head youth coaches is on holiday is just baffling:confused:

Weir7
01-06-2014, 07:19 PM
im confused aswell, i know we have to cut costs etc since got relegated, but telling some of the lads they have been released and telling some of the young lads you might not be kept on, you will be told either on monday or tuesday is bad practice and doing it when one of the head youth coaches is on holiday is just baffling:confused:

Youths will be scaled back to save cash.

oconnors_strip
01-06-2014, 07:33 PM
Youths will be scaled back to save cash.

yeah i know that and fully understand it but its the way the club are doing it. telling the lads in dribs and drabs and letting some of them have small glimmers of hope that they will be kept on but in reality they wont be

Billy Whizz
01-06-2014, 07:36 PM
yeah i know that and fully understand it but its the way the club are doing it. telling the lads in dribs and drabs and letting some of them have small glimmers of hope that they will be kept on but in reality they wont be

What are you hearing? Doesn't sound as if its being handled well at all

The Leith Dutch
01-06-2014, 07:54 PM

Not handled well?
Come on. This is Hibs we're talking about...... :greengrin

oconnors_strip
01-06-2014, 07:55 PM

Some of the under 17 lads have been released, the rest will be told on Monday or Tuesday if they are being kept on or not. All this happening whilst james is on holiday

GreenArmy1875
01-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Anyone got a list of the names of the youngsters that have been let go?

Unseen work
01-06-2014, 11:20 PM
So ones we can expect to push on this season that weren't in the scene last year are???

Euan smith?
Ryan baptie?
Andy black?
Max Todd?

Anyone else watch the games and know whose ready?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-06-2014, 11:28 PM
Anyone got a list of the names of the youngsters that have been let go?

So far...

Jay Doyle
Dougie Horne (I think)
Jamie Beaton
(Someone else can't remember his name)
Brad Donaldson
David Gold
Paul Grant
Dean Horribine.

There might be 1 or 2 more but I cannot remember.

staunchhibby
01-06-2014, 11:52 PM
This whole sorry episode in my opinion has been badly handled by our so called management team.Disgraceful how the boys have been treated

DTS
01-06-2014, 11:59 PM
I think most of the under seventeens have been let go by the looks of it on twitter as I know one of the players and he's been talking to others

The goalie
02-06-2014, 12:07 AM
I think most of the under seventeens have been let go by the looks of it on twitter as I know one of the players and he's been talking to others

There are seven of the 15s moving up to the 17s (no 16s these days) so at least 7 of the current 17s squad will go, this happens every season at this time in every club. The second season at 17s is a huge one for the boys.
so make it some don't and it is very hard on them but it is football.