PDA

View Full Version : Board and Management

RIP
01-06-2014, 12:34 PM
Most companies over a certain size have a management team who work full time in the day to day running of the business.

At our club from tomorrow that is CEO Leeann, Garry, Russell, Jamie, Richard, Martin, Terry and the Academy boss.

Companies also have a non-exec board led by a chairman who meet quarterly. The CEO sits on the board and reports progress. They would use board meetings for any key decisions.

Simple 'nuff you would think? Not at Hibs. Not these past 17 years!!

When your Chairman tries to be BOTH a Chairman of the Board AND a CEO these lines get very blurred. When, after two decades you finally recruit an experienced CEO can you suddenly learn to be hands off again?

Rod's problem is that the vast majority of us dont believe he can. Through poor stewardship he has lost the right to lead. Time for a new order.

Beefster
01-06-2014, 12:41 PM
Most companies over a certain size have a management team who work full time in the day to day running of the business.

At our club from tomorrow that is CEO Leeann, Garry, Russell, Jamie, Richard, Martin, Terry and the Academy boss.

Companies also have a non-exec board led by a chairman who meet quarterly. The CEO sits on the board and reports progress. They would use board meetings for any key decisions.

Simple 'nuff you would think? Not at Hibs. Not these past 17 years!!

When your Chairman tries to be BOTH a Chairman of the Board AND a CEO these lines get very blurred. When, after two decades you finally recruit an experienced CEO can you suddenly learn to be hands off again?

Rod's problem is that the vast majority of us dont believe he can. Through poor stewardship he has lost the right to lead. Time for a new order.

Rodders hasn't been both the Chairman and CEO for two decades.

greenpaper55
01-06-2014, 12:43 PM

In everything but name though !.

RIP
01-06-2014, 03:02 PM

He was MD (CEO) for 7 years. For the past ten years he has been both.

He tried and failed to hand over to Scott then Fife. Both left with no job to go to. More failure.

Beefster
01-06-2014, 03:19 PM
He was MD (CEO) for 7 years. For the past ten years he has been both.

He tried and failed to hand over to Scott then Fife. Both left with no job to go to. More failure.

You're still twisting things. He wasn't CEO when Lindsay and Hyland were CEO.

I'm not defending Rodders. I'm just pointing out incorrect statements.

RIP
01-06-2014, 03:46 PM
You're still twisting things. He wasn't CEO when Lindsay and Hyland were CEO.

I'm not defending Rodders. I'm just pointing out incorrect statements.

You are technically correct of course. The question that's relevant is 'would they have left if they had been handed control?'

Wasn't it the case that he split their duties but both reported in to him?