PDA

View Full Version : A Positive Thread: NO Negativity Please

Col2
01-06-2014, 10:48 AM
Point 1
Hibs current football management team are the only with first hand experience of managing a team in the championship/1st division that won that league previously. So they know what is needed (in theory).

Point 2
Hibs are likely to be the team with the most refreshed squad in numbers and variation in the championship next season therefore element of surprise for others.

Point 3
Out of The Rangers and Hearts (IA), Hibs are the least likely to face into another insolvency event (or in yams case continue with one into next season) and therefore will not be hampered by any points reduction.

Point 4
The pressure for automatic promotion will be on The Rangers, through its 'supporters', media etc. For Hibs expectations are lower (due to where we are just now as a club).

Add your points of positivity........

jacomo
01-06-2014, 11:05 AM
1. We're about to embark on another 'adventure'. It will be less boring than aiming for a top six finish in the top division again.

2. We get to avoid Celtc and their patronising guff for a season... Unless we draw them in a cup.

3. I've said this before, but Budget Hearts and Infighting Newco really shouldn't hold any fears for us. A properly organised and motivated Hibs team could take them on.

4. High hopes for new CEO. We might start behaving like a competently run football club again.

theonlywayisup
01-06-2014, 11:08 AM
We don't need to worry about booking holidays to avoid the European trips.

theonlywayisup
01-06-2014, 11:09 AM
No-one plays hoofball better than Hibs!

iwasthere1972
01-06-2014, 11:12 AM
+

West hamBERNIAN
01-06-2014, 11:15 AM
We are going to have loads of signings. I like a signing.
Providing the management team stay, they do have a good track record of making good deals.
I think we can have a good year next year. We've been playing hoof for years even in Leigh's first year we were punting long balls at him. More evident perhaps because of what were hoofing it at this year.
We've needed a big change for years.

Chibs
01-06-2014, 11:16 AM
We don't need to worry about booking holidays to avoid the European trips.
Unless we win the Scottish cup.

One Day Soon
01-06-2014, 11:16 AM
Our support has shown extraordinary resilience even in the most horrible of circumstances.

The media are removed as a distraction because they have shown their colours against us and can therefore be completely discounted.

We have just recruited one of, if not the, most successful Chief Executives with a track record of success in the game, even on a limited budget.

There will be Edinburgh derbies next season.

Admission prices at away games will likely be lower than they were in the SPL.

We have cleared out - or are in the process of doing so - every freeloading, gutless, George Streeting, under performing, unambitious waster in our squad.

If there was a dressing room and/or discipline/training problem since the Collins rebellion it is now gone with the clear out.

PaulC
01-06-2014, 11:24 AM
We now have a CEO and a coaching team in place who left teams in a higher league position than us as they wanted a challenge. Now to bring in players who relish a challenge and we should have top to bottom all pulling in the right direction.

:flag:

Col2
01-06-2014, 11:32 AM
This is a great thread :)

1. We will have new players who can put that white round thing in the back of the big thing with the nets.

2. We will have full backs.

3. We will leave easter road more with that winning feeling most every 2nd week.

4. There will be an opportunity (twice) to sing the Craig Levein song directly to him in the west stand.

green day
01-06-2014, 11:32 AM
It is unlikely to be boring.
I, for one, feel the pressure is off - we spent weeks / months with the executioners hand hovering over the lever, and now it has happened and guess what, nobody died !

The media twonks will have to rethink their hate figures next year.
Or........It will be quite funny because the Championship gets an extraordinary amount of coverage compared to usual.

SouthamptonHibs
01-06-2014, 11:36 AM
For the first time in years I can go on my football team holiday abroad as Hibs won't be in next year's Scottish cup final. Need to confirm payment in Oct, in previous years I always said no just in case we get to final.

Some Hibs games likely to be shown live on tv on a Friday night. Great to watch while having a few beers at home.

We are guaranteed to play the Rangers and Hearts four times next season without the worry of top six / bottom six planning.

Allow/Dumbarton/Cowdenbeath/Livingston/ QoS/Falkirk/Raith Rovers games should see Hibs get maximum points = 84 from these 28 league games

Hibs to get 80+ points next season

Makaveli
01-06-2014, 11:53 AM
Friday night trips are about the best of it for me.

And 8 of the other 9 grounds are in the central belt so we should have good away crowds.

Eternal Hibbie
01-06-2014, 11:56 AM
Saturday afternoons ought to be more enjoyable because we shouldn't lose so much. :D

Alfred E Newman
01-06-2014, 12:06 PM
Point 1
Hibs current football management team are the only with first hand experience of managing a team in the championship/1st division that won that league previously. So they know what is needed (in theory).

Point 2
Hibs are likely to be the team with the most refreshed squad in numbers and variation in the championship next season therefore element of surprise for others.

Point 3
Out of The Rangers and Hearts (IA), Hibs are the least likely to face into another insolvency event (or in yams case continue with one into next season) and therefore will not be hampered by any points reduction.

Point 4
The pressure for automatic promotion will be on The Rangers, through its 'supporters', media etc. For Hibs expectations are lower (due to where we are just now as a club).

Happy clapping taken to extremes. There is nothing positive to say about the current situation.

hibsbollah
01-06-2014, 12:06 PM
Some great points already :agree:

Can I also add;

1. Liam Craig wont be our captain.

Shore Thing
01-06-2014, 12:19 PM
we can aim to WIN the league for once, rather than aim for 6th best

Ronniekirk
01-06-2014, 12:23 PM
Some great points already :agree:

Can I also add;

1. Liam Craig wont be our captain.

Even better Liam Craig won't be here at all as Butcher is clearing the under performers out completely and bringing in players with Hunger Desire and winning mentality with pace ,power creativity and who aren't afraid to shoot at goal or get to the bye line and whip in a cross that causes defenders problems Our central defenders will be able to be strong in tackle and not easily shoved off the ball and will be able to pass to our own players

Hoof ball will be a thing of the past

Am liking this Thread .

Ronniekirk
01-06-2014, 12:25 PM
Happy clapping taken to extremes. There is nothing positive to say about the current situation.

Wrong thread you are looking for the Negative one .This is for Positive thoughts only Think Karma :wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-06-2014, 12:52 PM
We have the best chance in years to win the treble.

silverhibee
01-06-2014, 12:57 PM
We have the best chance in years to win the treble.

It will be the quadruple, don't forget the Ramsden Cup. :greengrin

One Day Soon
01-06-2014, 01:13 PM
Ooooo, this would be a good one if accurate: will we get more games kicking off at normal times on normal days?

1875HFC
01-06-2014, 01:27 PM
Once all this calms down with Petrie etc There will be a renewed sense of optimism at our club. We have something new to challenge for and I genuinely have a good feeling it could be an exciting season of football ahead for us, provided all of us Hibbies stick together

One Day Soon
01-06-2014, 01:44 PM
This whole disaster has brought proper competitive arguments between Bedwetters and Happy Clappers back to the forefront of .net activity where it should be. Except now it's more like Armageddonistas versus Nirvanaites.

s.a.m
01-06-2014, 01:50 PM
This whole disaster has brought proper competitive arguments between Bedwetters and Happy Clappers back to the forefront of .net activity where it should be. Except now it's more like Armageddonistas versus Nirvanaites.

:agree: Takes a crisis like this to enable the two camps to really raise their games.

Col2
01-06-2014, 05:03 PM
1. We must have surely run out of numpties by now who pay for the pleasure to go one on one with keeper dressed as a big cat as part of our half time "entertainment". 10...9...8....7....6...

Cheerleaders it is for next season then........

2. No Motherwell fans drums or dare I say whistles?!

3. No Jamie Hammil:greengrin

hibsbollah
01-06-2014, 05:32 PM

Youve committed the cardinal sin of missing the third category of hibs.nettites; the Doom N Gloomers.

NAE NOOKIE
01-06-2014, 05:48 PM
Have a look at Ian Murray's interview in the ( fascist rag ) Mail on Sunday for a guide on what a cakewalk its going to be.

Positives ........... I don't think I've ever seen Alloa play.

California-Hibs
01-06-2014, 05:49 PM
I for one am very excited about this coming season, once the Petrie situation gets sorted out.

1. I'm fully behind Terry Butcher, I personally think we would badly regret it if we let him go. He's won promotion from this league before and his hands now aren't tied to a former managers players.

2. We have a new CEO, with a fantastic vision and history of doing fantastically well.

3. We're going to be making MANY signings in the coming weeks and I believe the emphasize will be changed to mirror more like ICT. Direct pacey wingers, a nippy quick striker etc.

4. Edinburgh Derbies. Regardless of our recent record, they're the best games of the season hands down.

NAE NOOKIE
01-06-2014, 05:51 PM
Once all this calms down with Petrie etc There will be a renewed sense of optimism at our club. We have something new to challenge for and I genuinely have a good feeling it could be an exciting season of football ahead for us, provided all of us Hibbies stick together

Like when he has buggered off ye mean

oramhibee
01-06-2014, 05:52 PM
This is a great thread :)

1. We will have new players who can put that white round thing in the back of the big thing with the nets.

2. We will have full backs.

3. We will leave easter road more with that winning feeling most every 2nd week.

4. There will be an opportunity (twice) to sing the Craig Levein song directly to him in the west stand.

How does that one go again?

One Day Soon
01-06-2014, 06:14 PM
Youve committed the cardinal sin of missing the third category of hibs.nettites; the Doom N Gloomers.

Surely they are simply an elite division of the Bedwetters/Armageddonistas? But anyway the positive thing is that both sides will currently be recruiting large numbers of new and highly motivated posters. And only because of what has befallen us.

stuart01
01-06-2014, 06:18 PM
Point 1

Point 2

Point 3

Point 4

We are in a better position than the **** and that lot from the west and whilst last sunday was the worst day of my life we need to stop with the protests / campaign against petrie / farmer and get behind the club.

I for one am looking forward to the season ahead and looking forward to going up as league winners - why not?

Some good players with a bit fight and ambition to get this great club back on track.

Keith_M
01-06-2014, 06:20 PM
We'll get promoted again at some point.

marleyhib
01-06-2014, 06:33 PM
Optimistic of winning promotion next season rather than hoping to stay up or scrape top 6 at best.

Looking forward to seeing Hibs win at home and scoring more.

Glad to see fans saying enough is enough and trying to do something about it rather than accepting mediocrity.

Happy to see the back of the majority of the current squad and to see how Stanton and Cummings develop.

Hoping to see us gub the Huns.

snooky
01-06-2014, 06:43 PM
As a masochistic pessimist, I'm optimistic that things will just get worse next season.
Happy days ahead! :greengrin

:wink: :stirrer: