PDA

View Full Version : Butcher has only spent 8 grand

CB_NO3
01-06-2014, 12:57 AM
Butcher has only spent 8 grand in Scotland according to himself. That ladies and Gents is why he still has a job at ER. Petrie talks one language. Cash is king. We are doomed.

The Green Goblin
01-06-2014, 02:28 AM
Source for the 8k comment? How do you know it's true? Cheers.

I think he has been poor for Hibs, but is calling him a "hun" really necessary?

Callum_62
01-06-2014, 03:15 AM
He owes us far more than that. Pity he never spent it on his taxi back to castle grey skull. Fight them on the beaches get the huns out of our club

:blah: :embarrass :idiot:

.Sean.
01-06-2014, 09:01 AM
He owes us far more than that. Pity he never spent it on his taxi back to castle grey skull. Fight them on the beaches get the huns out of our club
You're mental eh?

Pedantic_Hibee
01-06-2014, 09:15 AM

I suspect you may have indulged in the 5th letter of the alphabet.

PeterboroHibee
01-06-2014, 09:19 AM
Butcher has only spent 8 grand in Scotland according to himself. That ladies and Gents is why he still has a job at ER. Petrie talks one language. Cash is king. We are doomed.

Look at the money we have wasted over the last few years and the position we are in...

I personally think thats a good thing about Butcher (provided it isnt exploited ie purposely starving him of funds). Given the quality of player he brought to ICT suggests to me that he and his staff are able to spot a player, and that you dont have to spend silly amounts of money on players to create a successful team.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-06-2014, 09:35 AM

Popcorn at the ready. Should be fun!

One Day Soon
01-06-2014, 09:55 AM

Admins, can we have a 0 out of 10 smiley please? Or is there one already?

One Day Soon
01-06-2014, 09:56 AM
I suspect you may have indulged in the 5th letter of the alphabet.

:tee hee:

Then went on to the 18th and 19th only to return to the 5th again.

One Day Soon
01-06-2014, 09:59 AM

He's had one window - January - in which to spend or bring in players. Frankly that is a very bad time to be trying to get any sort of quality. Any manager who wants to do it in the summer rather than January is showing better judgement. If he's still here then he should be judged by who he brings in over the summer - and even then its not a matter of how much he spends but what quality and blend of squad he assembles.

Northernhibee
01-06-2014, 10:02 AM
The cost of his squad at ICT is not relevant. The quality is, and there are several players there I'd love at Hibs.

ballengeich
01-06-2014, 10:03 AM
Until we bought Collins last summer, how much had any club outside the Weegie bigots spent in the last decade?

trev the hat
01-06-2014, 10:07 AM

Deary me :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
01-06-2014, 10:17 AM

That is a ridiculous thing to say. Did you say the same about Alex miller?

Scottie
01-06-2014, 10:28 AM
Let's no get onto Alex Miller please :rolleyes:

Hibbyradge
01-06-2014, 10:35 AM

He built an entire team at ICT and only spent £8k in Scotland?

He must have great contacts in England and elsewhere then.

weonlywon6-2
01-06-2014, 11:10 AM

Youre kidding yeah,no player in our squad was worth £8,000:greengrin

banarc7062
01-06-2014, 11:15 AM
He's had one window - January - in which to spend or bring in players. Frankly that is a very bad time to be trying to get any sort of quality. Any manager who wants to do it in the summer rather than January is showing better judgement. If he's still here then he should be judged by who he brings in over the summer - and even then its not a matter of how much he spends but what quality and blend of squad he assembles.

I tend to agree with this sentiment.:agree:

erskine-hibby
01-06-2014, 11:41 AM
If he spends zero cash but manages to bring in good quality players, that'll do me.

weonlywon6-2
01-06-2014, 11:57 AM
If he spends zero cash but manages to bring in good quality players, that'll do me.

sadly,you get what you pay for

erskine-hibby
01-06-2014, 12:00 PM
True, but I did say if. Maybe I should have put it in bold?

Hermit Crab
01-06-2014, 12:09 PM
Let's no get onto Alex Miller please :rolleyes:

Lets no go down the Hun road then.

silverhibee
01-06-2014, 12:17 PM

Wow just Wow.

truehibernian
01-06-2014, 12:19 PM
Sorry, it's sunny outside and maybe I've a wee bit weekend sun stroke - but can I add some realism and positivity to this thread.

Last season the best footballing side I watched v Hibs was newly promoted Partick Thistle. They made a few additions in January however previous to that they'd kept their Championship winning squad intact. That tells me that players are out there and they'll come to Hibs given we have a decent scouting network and have done a contingency for this very event.

Queen of the South outplayed us with fast and pacy football. I've watched Dumbarton a couple of times and they are great to watch. Falkirk are inconsistent but on their day a good side. Livi have nurtured and signed some good talent from lower leagues and other sides.

In short, our budget will be decent but the crucial thing will be round pegs for round holes. We need to get back to bringing players in who see Hibs as a career stepping stone to BETTER things with hard work and a platform - Shiels, Murphy type players who were nearly lost but plucked from obscurity at the start of their careers. Add into this a far better academy and scouting.

I'm hugely optimistic Hibs are still a draw for players - the downside is getting players here to a club in crisis because of Petrie - but again, spin that, get players in with the mentality that they see it as an ultimate challenge and the spotlight will be on them, which it will be, then better chance of being watched.

Hibs will be the media's target - unless we get off to a really good run of winning games.

col02
01-06-2014, 12:26 PM
Butcher's team had a knack at ICT in bringing players who had slipped down the leagues for one reason or another and bringing out their potential. Every time I saw ICT play against Hibs or any other team under Butcher their players had a desire and hunger about them. This is why at the moment I still back Butcher at Hibs to address the loser mentality that has set in at first team level. Big ask building a new squad to hit the ground running but achievable.

Michael
01-06-2014, 12:48 PM

You pay what you can afford.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-06-2014, 12:59 PM

Can we have what Hamilton paid for?

leithsansiro
01-06-2014, 04:00 PM

No, we were too busy admiring the progressive, attacking play on the pitch...:wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
01-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Can we have what Hamilton paid for?

Martin Canning top earner on £4k others on average of £600-700 p/w according to an Accies fan I met in London watching the Scotland game.

Pete
01-06-2014, 05:46 PM

Can we have what Inverness paid for please.

bighairyfaeleith
01-06-2014, 05:49 PM
Martin Canning top earner on £4k others on average of £600-700 p/w according to an Accies fan I met in London watching the Scotland game.

canning 4k, wow

Lewis77
01-06-2014, 05:51 PM

Was that 8 grand on a second hand jaguar?

Alfred E Newman
01-06-2014, 05:58 PM

Should the title of the thread not read " wasted 8 grand"?

J-C
01-06-2014, 06:06 PM

So what, he took a boring as hell mid table side and turned them into the worst team in the league.