PDA

View Full Version : so what is the plan?!

ManBearPig
01-06-2014, 12:21 AM
Whilst I hear many people shouting for petrie out and campaign led by people with hibs best interest at heart they make little known at press conference about what is to take place should Petrie be ousted. (not petrie fan just feel it should be addressed)

HoboHarry
01-06-2014, 12:26 AM
Whilst I hear many people shouting for petrie out and campaign led by people with hibs best interest at heart they make little known at press conference about what is to take place should Petrie be ousted. (not petrie fan just feel it should be addressed)
That's a question I have had ever since we were relegated and this whole thing began. I've already stated on a different thread that it's like watching High school students debating politics - they all know what they ultimately want but have no clue how to fix it. Sack Butcher and Petrie and then spend loads of money that we don't have is all I have heard so far....

Forza Fred
01-06-2014, 02:25 AM
That's a question I have had ever since we were relegated and this whole thing began. I've already stated on a different thread that it's like watching High school students debating politics - they all know what they ultimately want but have no clue how to fix it. Sack Butcher and Petrie and then spend loads of money that we don't have is all I have heard so far....

So, your solution is.........?

HoboHarry
01-06-2014, 03:00 AM
So, your solution is.........?

I don't have one and I never claimed I did. However I am not shouting for the removal of anyone either and that was my point. That it's easy to shout and bawl about firing people but what then? I am yet to read a post that has a reasoned and coherent plan for moving forward post the Rod Petrie era

bingo70
01-06-2014, 06:43 AM
We've already replaced petrie with dempster and if petrie is true to his word and won't be involved in day to day decision making then there doesn't need to be a post petrie plan, does there?

There's lots of negatives to him staying but I've yet to hear any positives

lucky
01-06-2014, 06:49 AM
Petrie goes we then get a new non executive Chairman. That way we give Dempster a chance to her job without the shadow of RP over her and the club. We have changed everything at the club bar him. Lots of ex players and managers have hinted that the problems at Hibs runs through the club all the way to the top. Lots have suggested that RP is the problem.

bighairyfaeleith
01-06-2014, 06:54 AM
We've already replaced petrie with dempster and if petrie is true to his word and won't be involved in day to day decision making then there doesn't need to be a post petrie plan, does there?

I think people are worried about the negatives of removing him in this manner, there will be consequences that no one can foresee, these may not be a big issue but nobody actually knows at this stage what the outcome of such an aggressive course of action will be.

There is definitely some revenge being taken by certain parties for whatever grievance they have had with Petrie in the past. They are empowered by the groundswell of opinion that has been created (understandably) by relegation and to my mind are pushing this action through.

But I'm not satisfied with the line that we need to be single minded and focus just on "petrie out" and then deal with the rest later. This is a recipe for a disaster imo.

jodjam
01-06-2014, 06:59 AM
I think people are worried about the negatives of removing him in this manner, there will be consequences that no one can foresee, these may not be a big issue but nobody actually knows at this stage what the outcome of such an aggressive course of action will be.

There is definitely some revenge being taken by certain parties for whatever grievance they have had with Petrie in the past. They are empowered by the groundswell of opinion that has been created (understandably) by relegation and to my mind are pushing this action through.

But I'm not satisfied with the line that we need to be single minded and focus just on "petrie out" and then deal with the rest later. This is a recipe for a disaster imo.

Pretty much sums it up for me

Paisley Hibby
01-06-2014, 07:02 AM
To me, that was the conundrum.
There is a witch hunt going on which has become unsavoury and led by those that want to remove someone from their job without knowing what it is the person does, the role of the owner or the role of the other board members.

There will also be a number of mischief makers with their own agenda's

None of that matters, get petrie out and everything will be fine.
How will it be fine?

A lot will be discarded by the board as they will see it as it is, so those that have valid questions to be asked will have their voices lost amongst the playground bullying and bloodlust normally associated with the press and politicians.
The press are catching on to the coat tails of this as it's fodder for them, who can blame them? They will all have chairmen to satisfy after all.

This :agree:

Paisley Hibby
01-06-2014, 07:03 AM

And this :agree:

RIP
01-06-2014, 07:03 AM
We have seven directors on the board. All bright experienced professionals. All Hibs fans. One with EPL experience at CEO level. Petrie has been running Hibs for 17 years and for the past 7 the product, performances and results under his stewardship have deteriorated.

Time for another non-exec director to step up.

Onion
01-06-2014, 07:04 AM

There are a number of "holes" in the Group of 4s plan that need to be filled. Their sole aim appear to be - at this stage - to get shot of RP, but no proposal as to who replaces him... yet. I suspect this might be one of the first points of discussion with LD on Saturday.

One of the other holes is STF's views. IMO these are critical in this whole affair. For example, has STF said ANYTHING about LD's appointment ? I've seen nothing, yet he owns the club. It would be reasonable to assume he's endorsed her appointment, but to what degree ? Was it mainly Petrie's decision and STF just let him get on with it ? STF trusts Petrie implicitly, but how would he view the company without Petrie ? Does STF know LD personally ? STF has taken little interest in the club, but will not sit back if Petrie is ousted. He'll want to be actively engaged and involved in key decisions. Group of 4 need to get time with him soon.

Gustavo Fring
01-06-2014, 07:11 AM
after having a few days to think about it i have the answer

get petrie OUT . sack the rest of the board . leanne dempster will take up her post as CEO and we shall appoint chuck norris as chairman , as well as being the chairman he can fill every role on the board

greenpaper55
01-06-2014, 07:18 AM
Maybe Sir Tom has a plan, do you think if one of his tyre suppliers was selling him tyres that constantly fell apart that he would stand for this ?. I find it very odd that he would want to be associated with failure or even more odd that he supports Rod to the degree that he does.

bingo70
01-06-2014, 07:19 AM

Consequences from who?

Tbh I don't understand you're reply, what's the worst case scenario if he goes?

bighairyfaeleith
01-06-2014, 07:28 AM
Consequences from who?

Consequences from Petrie, 10% shareholder mind. Consequences from STF, how is he going to react to his mate being run out of town?

Too many unknowns for me, I would hope it would work out fine and it might, but lets be honest nobody has actually thought that far ahead have they?

Before a mass protest, would it not have been wiser to seek a meeting with a few representatives and STF?

bighairyfaeleith
01-06-2014, 07:30 AM
Maybe Sir Tom has a plan, do you think if one of his tyre suppliers was selling him tyres that constantly fell apart that he would stand for this ?. I find it very odd that he would want to be associated with failure or even more odd that he supports Rod to the degree that he does.

Probably depends how you judge failure. finishing in the bottom six and getting to a cup final is probably not a failure for STF given he doesn't follow football. I would hope relegation however is a failure and I can't believe he won't have been in discussion with petrie and hopefully dempster in the last week. One of his companies is about to lose substantial source of income, I can't believe he wouldn't be all over it.

Onion
01-06-2014, 07:33 AM

Sadly, I don't think STF sees Hibs as a proper business. It's never going to make money and he's not trying to grow it. He bought Hibs as service to the Leith community in the same way some rich guy might fund a big kids playground in a deprived area. He did his bit in 1991 and has left others to maintain it. The football club has slowly fallen into disrepair, but that's not STF's problem. I'm convinced had we had a more sympathetic media which asked serious questions of Hibs demise/future, STF would have taken greater interest.

RIP
01-06-2014, 08:01 AM
There are a number of "holes" in the Group of 4s plan that need to be filled. Their sole aim appear to be - at this stage - to get shot of RP, but no proposal as to who replaces him... yet. I suspect this might be one of the first points of discussion with LD on Saturday.

Petrie's replacement is one for the Board. Reckon the change will be made at the agm tbh.

Iain G
01-06-2014, 08:17 AM
Paul Kane was talking about stages 2 and 3 but only discussing these if stage 1, the removal of RP, is successful.

I do think that full open and frank discussions and debate from all parties about how we can move things forward is the best way to pull this mess all back together again. I'd like to know, as a fan, what Paul and his group are proposing for stages 2 and 3 of their plan. Focusing on the removal of Rod Petrie needs to be backed up with some detailed and inspiring thinking and planning as to what happens next. I don't think this is simply a one issue deal that will magically solve everything at the club and am worried still that once they get their way and RP stands down that there will be much scratching of heads as to what we do next.

number 27
01-06-2014, 08:19 AM
The "group of four" should not be expected to map out a whole new vision for Hibs, no-one has given them a mandate to do that and if they do it will only lead to more division.

The first, at this stage the only, priority is to remove Petrie, his presence is damaging the whole club. Once he is gone then hopefully the club and the fans can work together on a long term strategy.

MrSmith
01-06-2014, 08:20 AM
There is a witch hunt going on which has become unsavoury and led by those that want to remove someone from their job without knowing what it is the person does, the role of the owner or the role of the other board members.

How will it be fine?

A lot will be discarded by the board as they will see it as it is, so those that have valid questions to be asked will have their voices lost amongst the playground bullying and bloodlust normally associated with the press and politicians.
The press are catching on to the coat tails of this as it's fodder for them, who can blame them? They will all have chairmen to satisfy after all.

Whilst I get your point and sentiment, you have to recognise there is some thing significantly wrong within our club! There is only one constant factor in this and time has come for the factor to do the decent thing and resign. Wish no harm nor badness on the man and thank him for his efforts and commitment over the years! Hibees for change! Time for football not bean counting.

Iain G
01-06-2014, 08:21 AM
Whilst I get your point and sentiment, you have to recognise there is some thing significantly wrong within our club! There is only one constant factor in this and time has come for the factor to do the decent thing and resign. Wish no harm nor badness on the man and thank him for his efforts and commitment over the years! Hibees for change! Time for football not bean counting.

It's Tam McCourt isn't it :wink::greengrin

Peevemor
01-06-2014, 08:25 AM
This is by far the best thread that's been on here recently. Decent debate without the ill informed guff that's filling the rest of the MB.

MrSmith
01-06-2014, 08:27 AM
Poor Tam, he gets the blame for everything! He's definitely not a bean counter though more if a seed counter ;)

Hibrandenburg
01-06-2014, 08:31 AM
The "group of four" should not be expected to map out a whole new vision for Hibs, no-one has given them a mandate to do that and if they do it will only lead to more division.

The first, at this stage the only, priority is to remove Petrie, his presence is damaging the whole club. Once he is gone then hopefully the club and the fans can work together on a long term strategy.

So to help me understand this, we're not being informed what the next steps are because some of us might not like it and that would divide us, so instead they're gonna keep us in the dark?

southsider
01-06-2014, 08:32 AM

The vast majority of fans want Petrie removed from anything to do with our club. Many fans have openly said that they will not return to ER while he is there and if he IS true to his word then that will be a first. Even when Ms Dempster starts work you don't think Petrie will lurk in the background like Jack the Ripper do you ? For our club to move forward Petrie must never darken the coriridors of ER again. A new board must be put in place who understand the game, can relate to the fans and can run this football club with the respect and dignity we richly deserve.

Jones28
01-06-2014, 08:35 AM
If the mandate of this group of 4 reps (which I do not have a problem with at all, it's about time this was grabbed by the balls by someone) is to oust Petrie, what happens when he goes?

Keeping us in the dark is something that the club have doing for years, I don't want the same to happen with our fan representatives.

MrSmith
01-06-2014, 08:38 AM
Although I want Petrie gone, I believe he should be given a transitional period to assist Leanne. I would suggest one month and they leave.

MrSmith
01-06-2014, 08:46 AM
*petrie leaves.

Iain G
01-06-2014, 08:47 AM
Although I want Petrie gone, I believe he should be given a transitional period to assist Leanne. I would suggest one month and they leave.

A genuine question, but is the timing right for this right now? Would we be better focusing all of the clubs resources on getting a new team in place quick smart? Regardless of how good she may be Leeann will still take a wee while to get her feet under the table and understand the situation at Hibs regarding manager, players, coaching, academy as well as suddenly be lumped with the club being in a different division than she expected when she said yes to the job offer.

oregonhibby
01-06-2014, 08:54 AM
I tend to agree. We are 12 weeks away from the start of the season and we need to be focussing 100% on building a team to get us out of the Championship.

Other teams are signing players and we are not.

Forza Fred
01-06-2014, 08:56 AM
I tend to agree. We are 12 weeks away from the start of the season and we need to be focussing 100% on building a team to get us out of the Championship.

Other teams are signing players and we are not.

But couldn't this be down to a lack of appropriate leadership......l?

oregonhibby
01-06-2014, 08:57 AM
Or distraction. Hopefully LD will start with this on the agenda.

Heedersnvolleys
01-06-2014, 08:58 AM
A genuine question, but is the timing right for this right now? Would we be better focusing all of the clubs resources on getting a new team in place quick smart? Regardless of how good she may be Leeann will still take a wee while to get her feet under the table and understand the situation at Hibs regarding manager, players, coaching, academy as well as suddenly be lumped with the club being in a different division than she expected when she said yes to the job offer.

I really feel sorry for her. What a job she has taken on. Especially when big Rod tells her tomorrow to read the small print in her contract and she is on 50% of what she signed up too :cb

s.a.m
01-06-2014, 08:59 AM

That's where I am. I understand where people are coming from, and I want to see meaningful change at the top. Right at the minute, though, what I want is to see LD installed, getting to work, and a new team signed and motivated for next season. Our first game is in 8 weeks, and for now I would like her too be able to focus on that.

jacomo
01-06-2014, 09:00 AM

When I saw the thread title I thought you were referring to a plan from the club to get us out of this mess. All we have had is a statement of apology, a list of players who've been released, and confirmation from the chairman that he won't resign. It's simply not good enough.

It's perfectly legitimate for fans to protest and demand change, without having a detailed alternative strategy in place. The club itself should have the strategy, and if there was decent leadership in place they would recognise that.

Pretty Boy
01-06-2014, 09:01 AM

I think most would be happy to accept a clear timescale for Petries departure.

It would then be up to the 'gang of four' to outline their next plans and a discussion about that could start.

jacomo
01-06-2014, 09:02 AM
But couldn't this be down to a lack of appropriate leadership......l?

:agree:

Exactly. The fans are very conscious that we lots to do before the start of next season. It's the chairman and manager who seem to be inactive.

number 27
01-06-2014, 09:10 AM
So to help me understand this, we're not being informed what the next steps are because some of us might not like it and that would divide us, so instead they're gonna keep us in the dark?

Not really, what I was meaning is that we have to do this in a series of steps, everyone can have input and nothing needs to be set in stone right now, The problem is that, in my opinion, as long as Petrie remains at the club nothing can be done to improve relations between the different elements of the club and any attempt at change will just collapse into infighting.

Petrie needs to go, the four are right to focus on that.

The Falcon
01-06-2014, 09:22 AM
This is by far the best thread that's been on here recently. Decent debate without the ill informed guff that's filling the rest of the MB.

Iain G
01-06-2014, 10:46 AM

Exactly. The fans are very conscious that we lots to do before the start of next season. It's the chairman and manager who seem to be inactive.

I suspect there is an urgent re-aligning of plans for the close season at present. Leeann is coming in to do a different job to the one she signed up for and I suspect a bunch of our signing targets were subject to us staying up. I would have expected a short licking of wounds, a regroup, a roll up of the sleeves and lets get out of this at first go attitude at Easter Road right now, so here's hoping huh :wink:

Gettin' Auld
01-06-2014, 12:32 PM
I really feel sorry for her. What a job she has taken on. Especially when big Rod tells her tomorrow to read the small print in her contract and she is on 50% of what she signed up too :cb

I wonder if Petrie, Butcher, Malpas etc are all having their salary cut by 50% as a result of relegation too?

Of course they won't, but they should be........... :greengrin

woodyloon
01-06-2014, 12:39 PM
My worry is all the focus is on getting rid of RP, which I think needs to happen.

However what about our management team, are we happy to let carry on offloading players and building their team. I think it is almost impossible for Butcher to get the fans backing him after what has happened.

Saorsa
01-06-2014, 12:40 PM
I wonder if Petrie, Butcher, Malpas etc are all having their salary cut by 50% as a result of relegation too?

Of course they won't, but they should be........... :greengrinthe people who make the mess are rarely the people who really pay for it and some dinnae pay at all.

Gettin' Auld
01-06-2014, 12:43 PM
the people who make the mess are rarely the people who really pay for it and some dinnae pay at all.

We're in total agreement.

Ozyhibby
01-06-2014, 12:46 PM
Can't believe people are defending Petrie on here.
How could any replacement possibly do any worse?
The plan seems simple to me.
Leanne Dempster take over day to day running of the club and a new Chairman is appointed. How much more do people want.

erin go bragh
01-06-2014, 12:52 PM
Worst case scenario for me would be Petrie forced out .which in turn Sir Tom cuts all tiies with club and Leeane Dempster walks away . What would the plan be if that happened . Just asking as i think it is time for RP to go but could things get worse ?

Ggtth

Emerald
01-06-2014, 01:02 PM

How will it be fine?

Very good post, my thoughts too. :top marks

Gettin' Auld
01-06-2014, 01:06 PM
Worst case scenario for me would be Petrie forced out .which in turn Sir Tom cuts all tiies with club and Leeane Dempster walks away . What would the plan be if that happened . Just asking as i think it is time for RP to go but could things get worse ?

Ggtth

Ask the other board members what the plan would be, that's their job.

#2 Double Tap
01-06-2014, 01:20 PM

IMO thats an issue for the owner -

1875HFC
01-06-2014, 01:46 PM
Hypocrisy is ringing out within our football club at the moment and quite frankly I'm embarrassed that outsiders are beginning to look in and revel at our current plight. It cannot be right for Paul Kane etc to criticise Petrie so strongly about not disclosing information regarding the next steps for Hibernian FC and then fail to disclose to us fellow supporters what he and his counterparts have in mind if Petrie were to step down. There needs to be transparency here amongst our own fans. Its obvious we all want to see beautiful football played at ER with a board that mirror the views and wishes of the fans but toppling Petrie really isn't going to solve anything in the immediate sense unless there is some plan currently in place that Kane etc know about which 'ordinary' supporters like myself have not been informed about?
Its all fair and well saying well LD will step in tomorrow and clean up the mess but the whole transition will be easier with Petrie in place IMO with less pressure on LD to get to grips with the basics allowing her more time for focus on those aspects of the running of the club that we as fans are calling to change (not solely the removal of RP).

Personally I do not sit firmly in either camp I can see arguments for both sides, I just fear the club will only get worse as this boils up even further.
Saying that everyone acts differently and everyone is entitled to their own opinion provided all the Hibernian fans are represented fairly and evenly!

GGTTH

Glorious St Pat
01-06-2014, 05:50 PM
Paul Kane was talking about stages 2 and 3 but only discussing these if stage 1, the removal of RP, is successful.

I do think that full open and frank discussions and debate from all parties about how we can move things forward is the best way to pull this mess all back together again. I'd like to know, as a fan, what Paul and his group are proposing for stages 2 and 3 of their plan. Focusing on the removal of Rod Petrie needs to be backed up with some detailed and inspiring thinking and planning as to what happens next. I don't think this is simply a one issue deal that will magically solve everything at the club and am worried still that once they get their way and RP stands down that there will be much scratching of heads as to what we do next.

Of course there is a plan 2 and 3 and I have heard some exciting noises on this but plan 1 is to force Petrie out. Lets just say that the plan would involve a COMPLETE sea of change at ER from top to bottom including a direction and backer.

oregonhibby
01-06-2014, 05:58 PM
So what if plan 1 fails?

Hibrandenburg
01-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Of course there is a plan 2 and 3 and I have heard some exciting noises on this but plan 1 is to force Petrie out. Lets just say that the plan would involve a COMPLETE sea of change at ER from top to bottom including a direction and backer.

If the plan is that good then let's be having it, if it's that good then Petrie won't be able to scupper it so let's be having it.

Imagine being asked to support a political party who refused to tell you what their policies are? The whole story is an absolute farce.

Glorious St Pat
01-06-2014, 06:01 PM
Very good post, my thoughts too. :top marks

How will it be fine?

What has become reasoned debate by some have been replaced by alleged support for Petrie. There is a plan in place by the gang of four but they are sitting on it until objective one is achieved. Quite frankly the "bloodlust" you speak of is totally deserved. Do we really want Petrie at the helm considering the damage he done to the club and the complete break down of trust thereafter.

Glorious St Pat
01-06-2014, 06:03 PM
If the plan is that good then let's be having it, if it's that good then Petrie won't be able to scupper it so let's be having it.

Imagine being asked to support a political party who refused to tell you what their policies are? The whole story is an absolute farce.

It is not for to say what the plan is but it is coming from a very close source to Kano. I am sure that all will be revealed in due course. Lets just say its a complete change of direction and complete revamp.

oregonhibby
01-06-2014, 06:04 PM
Is it dependant on plan 1 being achieved or could it still be implemented if plan 1 fails?

Saorsa
01-06-2014, 06:06 PM
It is not for to say what the plan is but it is coming from a very close source to Kano. I am sure that all will be revealed in due course. Lets just say its a complete change of direction and complete revamp.odd that those backing the continuation with petrie want tae ken all the details of this plan right away but are happy tae be treated like mushrooms when it comes tae his plans (the 5 year one) even though they have just got this club relegated for the 2nd time with him in charge.

oregonhibby
01-06-2014, 06:09 PM
My pal was an officer in the guards and served on the Falklands. He said that any plan falls apart in the face of the enemy.

PK et al turned up at ER and asked RP to resign. He refused. What happens if he is not removed?

oregonhibby
01-06-2014, 06:11 PM
And to be clear my earlier posts would indicate what I think should happen or what RP should do. I pose a simple question.

stuart01
01-06-2014, 06:11 PM

Sense at last. We need to get behind the club after what has been the darkest time since Mercer.

GGTTH.

Peevemor
01-06-2014, 06:12 PM

If this is the case then they're doing things the wrong way round IMO. The calls for RP's removal would hold a lot more gravity if it was a condition of a serious (and not secret) investor.

Saorsa
01-06-2014, 06:13 PM

There's lots of negatives to him staying but I've yet to hear any positivesspotted the flaw in there.

oregonhibby
01-06-2014, 06:14 PM
So what happens in this case?

Alfred E Newman
01-06-2014, 06:19 PM

Ggtth

You are right. I don't think the parties that want Petrie out have really thought about the aftermath. You could argue that in our current position we need some sort of stability at board room level . I am looking forward to hearing what Dempster has to say when she takes over Petries role. Hopefully a decision to replace Butcher and his henchmen is one of her first announcements though I am not holding my breath.

Hibrandenburg
01-06-2014, 06:20 PM
odd that those backing the continuation with petrie want tae ken all the details of this plan right away but are happy tae be treated like mushrooms when it comes tae his plans (the 5 year one) even though they have just got this club relegated for the 2nd time with him in charge.

Why do you assume that those who question the unknown plans of the "Get Petrie out" movement are Petrie supporters?

Saorsa
01-06-2014, 06:21 PM
You are right. I don't think the parties that want Petrie out have really thought about the aftermath. You could argue that in our current position we need some sort of stability at board room level . I am looking forward to hearing what Dempster has to say when she takes over Petries role. Hopefully a decision to replace Butcher and his henchmen is one of her first announcements though I am not holding my breath.aye we need tae keep the people that have gotten us in tae this mess, brilliant. :aok:

oregonhibby
01-06-2014, 06:25 PM
Helloooo any one care to try to answer my question?

Glorious St Pat
01-06-2014, 06:26 PM
Is it dependant on plan 1 being achieved or could it still be implemented if plan 1 fails?

It depends on plan 1 being a success ie. Petrie oot!

All the more reason to turn up in huge numbers at the rally on Saturday.

oregonhibby
01-06-2014, 06:27 PM
So if that fails everything else fails?

Peevemor
01-06-2014, 06:27 PM
Why do you assume that those who question the unknown plans of the "Get Petrie out" movement are Petrie supporters?

Very good point.

Glorious St Pat
01-06-2014, 06:28 PM
You are right. I don't think the parties that want Petrie out have really thought about the aftermath. You could argue that in our current position we need some sort of stability at board room level . I am looking forward to hearing what Dempster has to say when she takes over Petries role. Hopefully a decision to replace Butcher and his henchmen is one of her first announcements though I am not holding my breath.

They have thought about the aftermath and there is a plan in place but it is dependent on firstly the removal of Petrie.

Alfred E Newman
01-06-2014, 06:30 PM
aye we need tae keep the people that have gotten us in tae this mess, brilliant. :aok:

You are missing the point. We now have no team, a management team that most supporters have no confidence in and now you want the board out as well?

Glorious St Pat
01-06-2014, 06:31 PM
If this is the case then they're doing things the wrong way round IMO. The calls for RP's removal would hold a lot more gravity if it was a condition of a serious (and not secret) investor.

Although I can only speculate but I would imagine that their cards (the fans group) would be outlined to Dempster on Saturday. It is our job, the fans, to turn the hear up on Petrie and make his position untenable. Get the placards out boys...

Saorsa
01-06-2014, 06:32 PM
You are missing the point. We now have no team, a management team that most supporters have no confidence in and now you want the board out as well?I want that **** out, yes

Hibrandenburg

What if stage 2 is turn the screw on Farmer? Force his hand? Push for fan ownership? Join forces with another local club? Sell EM to finance the playing staff?

All of course fantastic speculation on my part but that's all I have to go on, speculation on my part.

greenpaper55
If the plan involved the devil himself to take Rods place i would jump at it, could anyone be worse than that clown ?.

oregonhibby
01-06-2014, 06:34 PM
Christ. Sorry. But that is naive. The owner wants RP there. So moving him requires a boycott that will damage the club. Is that what is needed?

Do PK et al have the resources if STF says over to you at a pepper corn. Let alone the resources a plan? If so put it on the table because that is the real issue. Can we all keep the patient alive let alone help him/ her flourish going forward.

The full story please.

Hibrandenburg
01-06-2014, 06:35 PM
I want that **** out, yes

We've understood that, all we want to know is what comes next? It really isn't that unreasonable.

Glorious St Pat
01-06-2014, 06:36 PM
So if that fails everything else fails?

Possibly, but I would imagine that their proposals would then become public and it would be up to the fans to then support it or alternatively go with Dempster's proposals.

If the gang of four proposals were to fail and Petrie is still in place, I can see it doing irrevocable harm to the club with many turning their back on the club as the trust has been broken.

Hibrandenburg
01-06-2014, 06:37 PM

What if stage 2 is turn the screw on Farmer? Force his hand? Push for fan ownership? Join forces with another local club? Sell EM to finance the playing staff?

All of course fantastic speculation on my part but that's all I have to go on, speculation on my part.

oregonhibby
01-06-2014, 06:40 PM
It better be a good plan then. I would say that the Hibernian family needs to know the whole plan so they can establish if they want to support every part of it.

The last thing anyone needs is STF is to say over to you and the plan can meet the needs or worse we won't deliver the capital or working capital to make it work.

Glorious St Pat
01-06-2014, 06:41 PM
My pal was an officer in the guards and served on the Falklands. He said that any plan falls apart in the face of the enemy.

PK et al turned up at ER and asked RP to resign. He refused. What happens if he is not removed?

Then us as supporters have a choice. Do we give him one last chance (a chance too many for some) or do the gang of four give up?

Personally, I am not confident at all with both Petrie and Butcher in charge. I want both out with Kano and the gang to be given a chance to introduce their own plans to take the club forward. As I said before, I have heard noises of what these plans are but it is not my place to reveal. Would not want any prior leak to the press in case it was to scupper campaign's plans.

Peevemor
01-06-2014, 06:42 PM
Although I can only speculate but I would imagine that their cards (the fans group) would be outlined to Dempster on Saturday. It is our job, the fans, to turn the hear up on Petrie and make his position untenable. Get the placards out boys...

RP is well aware of the level of animosity toward him and a few hundred bodies shouting and bawling outside Saturday's meeting won't change that one bit. However, an trustworthy investor slapping a 7 figure sum on the table, conditional on RP's resignation, would achieve the desired effect without tearing the club /fans apart.

This phase 2 & 3 secret squirrel stuff isn't credible at all.

Glorious St Pat
01-06-2014, 06:45 PM
It better be a good plan then. I would say that the Hibernian family needs to know the whole plan so they can establish if they want to support every part of it.

The last thing anyone needs is STF is to say over to you and the plan can meet the needs or worse we won't deliver the capital or working capital to make it work.

The complete removal of Petrie & Butcher....part 3 is something to take us in a brand new direction:wink:

oregonhibby
01-06-2014, 06:45 PM
This is too important not for complete transparency. If parts 2 to 4 are undeliverable then part 1 is leading everyone up the garden path. Woe betide the 4 if it all goes wrong.

So no one thinks I am a supporter of RP I do believe he should step down for the best interests of out club. But if he doesn't a plan b is needed that doesn't screw the club up this year. If the single minded GTF rod fails and we then deliver a boycott we might be throwing the baby out with the bath water and become architects of our own demise.

Glorious St Pat
01-06-2014, 06:49 PM
RP is well aware of the level of animosity toward him and a few hundred bodies shouting and bawling outside Saturday's meeting won't change that one bit. However, an trustworthy investor slapping a 7 figure sum on the table, conditional on RP's resignation, would achieve the desired effect without tearing the club /fans apart.

This phase 2 & 3 secret squirrel stuff isn't credible at all.

You honestly think only a few hundred will turn up on Saturday?

Its secret squirrel stuff just now but I would imagine the group would outline their plans to Dempster on Saturday. Maybe the group are finalising their plans as we speak? And why would they want to leak it early...any radical change to the club of course they are going to keep their cards close to their chest.

jacomo
01-06-2014, 06:49 PM
The complete removal of Petrie & Butcher....part 3 is something to take us in a brand new direction:wink:

Can I respectfully suggest that this kind of comment - 'I'm in the know but can't tell you anything' - is really not very clever right now. Things are tense enough as it is without some fans thinking they are being kept in the dark while others claim to have insider knowledge.

oregonhibby
01-06-2014, 06:50 PM
Finalising their plan now?!? It should be fully thought through now. The 4 are playing in to the hands of HFC.

Glorious St Pat
01-06-2014, 06:51 PM
This is too important not for complete transparency. If parts 2 to 4 are undeliverable then part 1 is leading everyone up the garden path. Woe betide the 4 if it all goes wrong.

So no one thinks I am a supporter of RP I do believe he should step down for the best interests of out club. But if he doesn't a plan b is needed that doesn't screw the club up this year. If the single minded GTF rod fails and we then deliver a boycott we might be throwing the baby out with the bath water and become architects of our own demise.

Kano and Maclean have already spoke out against a boycott...but an unoffocial boycott will take place through so many lost fans and those that refuse to go whilst Petrie is in the background.

oregonhibby
01-06-2014, 06:53 PM
Any type of boycott hurts the club.

busby7062
01-06-2014, 06:54 PM
Consequences from who?

the club have been going backwards for years please give our hibees back 2 us there must be people out there who wan,t 2 invest in hibs I don't know the answers but we can,t go on like this

Saorsa
01-06-2014, 06:54 PM
Any type of boycott hurts the club.and what as he done with his constant **** ups? He'll never see another ****in' penny from me.

Peevemor
01-06-2014, 06:57 PM

Its secret squirrel stuff just now but I would imagine the group would outline their plans to Dempster on Saturday. Maybe the group are finalising their plans as we speak? And why would they want to leak it early...any radical change to the club of course they are going to keep their cards close to their chest.

If there's a serious proposition to be made, is there any need for press conferences and protests? Why not just make it?
Also, there's no point in addressing the issue of new investment to Leeann Dempster, as ultimately it's STF who'll decide.

Hibrandenburg

What if the masses turn up to hear the plan and don't like it?

Glorious St Pat
Can I respectfully suggest that this kind of comment - 'I'm in the know but can't tell you anything' - is really not very clever right now. Things are tense enough as it is without some fans thinking they are being kept in the dark while others claim to have insider knowledge.

With respect, I have been told certain things and again, it is not my place to reveal. I would imagine that all would come out in due course. All I ask is for some to put a little faith just now in the campaigns aim and then judge for themselves what they make of any plans that they have.

I'll leave it at that.

oregonhibby
01-06-2014, 06:59 PM
A real plan put together using professional assistance that enables those who bring it not to be ridiculed.

We have all hurt since that cup final but if change is to happen we need to go with a real, costed and funded alternative.

STF will only give over control when he knows that the Club will not nose dive to oblivion.

If the 4 have that plan the publish it. Regime change needs significant resources. To ensure RP's exit the 4 have to replace STF and have the resources to do so.

Taking on RP head on takes STF head on.

Glorious St Pat
01-06-2014, 07:01 PM
What if the masses turn up to hear the plan and don't like it?

Well that is the democratic choice of us Hibbies then, isn't it? At least we would have a choice between Dempster/Petrie plan and the Kano plan.

Glorious St Pat
01-06-2014, 07:04 PM
A real plan put together using professional assistance that enables those who bring it not to be ridiculed.

We have all hurt since that cup final but if change is to happen we need to go with a real, costed and funded alternative.

STF will only give over control when he knows that the Club will not nose dive to oblivion.

If the 4 have that plan the publish it. Regime change needs significant resources. To ensure RP's exit the 4 have to replace STF and have the resources to do so.

I am sure they are aware of all the above...including the removal of Farmer

oregonhibby
01-06-2014, 07:06 PM
Rumour and innuendo on STF. Forget that outline the plan the funding and the governance. Why not. We all know and don't necessarily agree with the current state but outline the future state.

From that everyone can decide.

bighairyfaeleith
01-06-2014, 07:07 PM
Well that is the democratic choice of us Hibbies then, isn't it? At least we would have a choice between Dempster/Petrie plan and the Kano plan.

So this isn't just about removing petrie, it's also about complete change of ownership and direction (not saying that wouldn't be welcomed mind) but it all hinges on getting rid of petrie first. Why???

If someone wants to buy us out and it's credible STF will sell anyway, so why chase petrie out first?

This doesn't add up for me, I would love to see fresh investment but this stinks of a wind up.

Golden Bear
01-06-2014, 07:07 PM

If the 4 have that plan the publish it. Regime change needs significant oresources. To ensure RP's exit the 4 have to replace STF and have the resources to do so.

Correct. As I've said before, criticism is easy but we also need a viable and sustainable plan to offer as an alternative to the current set up.

Peevemor
01-06-2014, 07:13 PM
So this isn't just about removing petrie, it's also about complete change of ownership and direction (not saying that wouldn't be welcomed mind) but it all hinges on getting rid of petrie first. Why???

If someone wants to buy us out and it's credible STF will sell anyway, so why chase petrie out first?

This doesn't add up for me, I would love to see fresh investment but this stinks of a wind up.

Exactly, it's like saying you won't buy a house because you don't like the colour of the settee.

AndyM_1875
01-06-2014, 07:39 PM

Great post.
There is far too much uncertainty with the 4 saying "Petrie out and we'll tell you the rest later"
It seems to have escaped them that as from tomorrow at 9am Hibernian is run by Leann Dempster.
She is the Chief Executive and I can see Kano & co running into problems when they meet Ms Dempster.

PK - ... So we want Petrie out of the club. That's our demand.

LD - Rod doesn't run Hibs any more, I do. Next question.

From what I've heard about her she'll have the lot of them for breakfast.

Glorious St Pat
01-06-2014, 07:41 PM

Not a wind up.

Because the group feels that they cannot go forward with Petrie still in the club.

Again, only giving snippets of what I have heard from a source very close to Kano. I have no reason to doubt the person considering his closeness to Kano.

oregonhibby
01-06-2014, 07:51 PM
Any plan had to be thought through. Winning is one option by there are still two alternatives!

This is too important to think that 95 or whatever % is behind you.

Ronniekirk
01-06-2014, 08:07 PM
Great post.
There is far too much uncertainty with the 4 saying "Petrie out and we'll tell you the rest later"
It seems to have escaped them that as from tomorrow at 9am Hibernian is run by Leann Dempster.
She is the Chief Executive and I can see Kano & co running into problems when they meet Ms Dempster.

Some people don't like conflict There are serious questions to be asked about the direction the club is going in .What is the rest of Petrie s Wind of Change Speech or was that just to divert his detractors .
At the very least there is pressure being applied to Petrie who has had things his own way for too long and I and it's culminated in Relegation .
If we walk away now complacency will set in ,let's see where this takes us in the next week or so as at present too many people are willing to sit back .if we don't achieve immediate change we will give the Board and Petrie food for thought and we might get more Transparency from Lee Ann at the outset .
At present I have no idea what is going on at my club which is in crises ,pretending that those who have got us in this position can continue to have the backing of supporters and our Trust is not credible .They need to earn it ,so let's make them do this at least .Lee Ann may well of been planning some key note press conferences and keeping us all in the loop early doors but having to meet with supporters who have the club at heart is no bad thing and will focus minds .

bighairyfaeleith
01-06-2014, 08:08 PM
Not a wind up.

Because the group feels that they cannot go forward with Petrie still in the club.

Again, only giving snippets of what I have heard from a source very close to Kano. I have no reason to doubt the person considering his closeness to Kano.

We analysed the hell out of the rangers and hearts ownership issues recently, I fully expect us to do the same with our own club. So four folk want to remove petrie, not just because that is the single aim they want to achieve but they are now slipping in that they are likely to look to have someone buy the club shortly afterwards. But they can't buy it when petrie is still at the club.

I'm still very suspicious, for some reason

"Mikey Forrester, Russian sailors, what the **** are you boys on, eh?"

springs to mind.

None of this sounds like a genuine way to go about buying a business.

marinello59
01-06-2014, 08:12 PM
It is not for to say what the plan is but it is coming from a very close source to Kano. I am sure that all will be revealed in due course. Lets just say its a complete change of direction and complete revamp.

How can he lead something without trusting those he wants to lead to know where he is taking them? Is he the anti-Petrie and this is his equivalent of the 5 year plan?

oregonhibby
01-06-2014, 08:14 PM
Details. That is all I am asking for.

I have bought and sold companies and clarity of purpose is key.

Jonnyboy
01-06-2014, 08:21 PM
Details. That is all I am asking for.

I have bought and sold companies and clarity of purpose is key.

:agree: I don't think it's unreasonable to expect PK to outline their plan, at the very least. We rightly slate RP for his five year plan statement but somehow it's ok to let PK seek our unconditional backing without offering up any indication as to where these plans might take us.

I'll be there on Saturday but it concerns me that emotions will bring about anti-Petrie chanting etc. RP can then tell all and sundry he will not bow to an unruly mob.

What a mess this all is

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-06-2014, 08:25 PM

I would imagine the plan is to allow Leanne to run the club without interference from Rod, but, whether or not he has an actual job at ER he will remain the 2nd largest shareholder, so, whether he is hanging about ER or not he will continue to have considerable influence in the day to day running of the club.

oregonhibby
01-06-2014, 08:26 PM
J this can be a bigger mess as a result of good intention. We face a bigger threat today than we ever have.

Stand back write a plan, cost it from all angles and try to implement it. Removing RP is secondary to the long term.

His plan is only about the long term and needs to think about the product. There is something that can and needs to address both positions.

There are other Clubs who have seemed to have grasped it!

Peevemor
01-06-2014, 08:27 PM
:agree: I don't think it's unreasonable to expect PK to outline their plan, at the very least. We rightly slate RP for his five year plan statement but somehow it's ok to let PK seek our unconditional backing without offering up any indication as to where these plans might take us.

I'll be there on Saturday but it concerns me that emotions will bring about anti-Petrie chanting etc. RP can then tell all and sundry he will not bow to an unruly mob.

What a mess this all is

Yup. And I can't help thinking that the silence from the club is being taken as inactivity, which can only strengthen blind support for Kano & co. If only Leeann Dempster had started a couple of weeks earlier...

The Falcon
01-06-2014, 08:32 PM
With respect, I have been told certain things and again, it is not my place to reveal. I would imagine that all would come out in due course. All I ask is for some to put a little faith just now in the campaigns aim and then judge for themselves what they make of any plans that they have.

I'll leave it at that.

Would these involve an ex-player perhaps?

mjhibby
01-06-2014, 08:32 PM
Pretty much sums it up for me

We all agree something needs to be done. Criticising those who are trying to do something isn't exactly helping either. One things for sure we can't keep going on the rudderless journey we are on at the moment or we will keep hiring and firing managers. Charlie Reid summed it up when he said managers who succeed elsewhere seem to fail at hibs and we need to find out why. Taking Petrie out of the equation gives everybody a chance to look inwards and hopefully take the club forward. We can't overlook that we must try and play decent football which fans want to see then take it from there. That's a week now and nothing from the club. In know guys are on hols but we need leadership now. Waiting for the storm to pass is no form of leadership and let's hope Leanne dumpster is as good as we all hope.
Let's hear positive noises from the board or else the clamber for change will get louder and louder.

bighairyfaeleith
01-06-2014, 08:36 PM

What a mess this all is

Maybe we should protest outside one of kanos pubs until he tells everyone his plan* :greengrin

*I'm joking ffs, don't go round to his pub with a pitchfork and placard saying kano reveal all as you might get more than you bargained for

oregonhibby
01-06-2014, 08:39 PM
We have a go at the Club about the 5 year plan. So give us the 2 year or 1 year or what happens next plan? If you succeed what happens next.

No protests just in the next 5 days outline what you want to do and achieve.

Jonnyboy
01-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Maybe we should protest outside one of kanos pubs until he tells everyone his plan* :greengrin

*I'm joking ffs, don't go round to his pub with a pitchfork and placard saying kano reveal all as you might get more than you bargained for

Uurrgghh :greengrin

Gustavo Fring
01-06-2014, 08:43 PM
We have a go at the Club about the 5 year plan. So give us the 2 year or 1 year or what happens next plan? If you succeed what happens next.

No protests just in the next 5 days outline what you want to do and achieve.

so remind me what the 5 year plan is/was ?

Jonnyboy
01-06-2014, 08:44 PM
so remind me what the 5 year plan is/was ?

I think you're missing the point. Having a go at them about the five year plan = tell us what the hell it is!

oregonhibby
01-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Stand back. There are people who rely on their salary here for mortgages for food for surviving.

We criticise the Club for failing to publish their plan. The same people need to know what the 4s plan is. Their livelihood is dependant on it.

As supporters our Club we are dependent on a plan that is sellable to STF. He may decide to let the 4 get on with it without his backing - equals who will pick up the bill should it go belly up. Now a new regime needs to deliver that surely but how can everyone know if they have the wherewithal or a plan to deliver it post RP and presumably STF.

Unless we think he will continue post the removal of RP on the same basis. I imagine RP may get more out of the owner than someone who had no relationship.

If exiting STF is an objective a credible strategy is definitely required now and to be articulated now otherwise we are goosed.

Alfred E Newman
01-06-2014, 08:55 PM
We have six to eight weeks to build an entire team or else we are heading for an even bigger disaster. Sorting the playing side out should be the priority at the moment including the future of Butcher and Malpas, or do we just concentrate on going after Petrie and leave the chuckle brothers to ship up some low budget hoof merchants from down south?

oregonhibby
01-06-2014, 08:57 PM
Agree wholeheartedly.

Iain G
01-06-2014, 09:06 PM
We all agree something needs to be done. Criticising those who are trying to do something isn't exactly helping either. One things for sure we can't keep going on the rudderless journey we are on at the moment or we will keep hiring and firing managers. Charlie Reid summed it up when he said managers who succeed elsewhere seem to fail at hibs and we need to find out why. Taking Petrie out of the equation gives everybody a chance to look inwards and hopefully take the club forward. We can't overlook that we must try and play decent football which fans want to see then take it from there. That's a week now and nothing from the club. In know guys are on hols but we need leadership now. Waiting for the storm to pass is no form of leadership and let's hope Leanne dumpster is as good as we all hope.
Let's hear positive noises from the board or else the clamber for change will get louder and louder.

Can we stop peddling this line about managers failing at Hibs but workimg out elsewhere? Collins hasnt fared well elsewhere, Yogi arguably did as well with Hibs as he has done elsewhere, Dont mention Calderwood, Butcher has been just as bad at numerous other clubs, Fenlon was a step up in scale and expectation from Ireland, Mixu was green when he was with ua and took time out after Hibs to go educate himself, Mowbray was pretty succesfull at ER!

Gustavo Fring
01-06-2014, 09:46 PM
We have six to eight weeks to build an entire team or else we are heading for an even bigger disaster. Sorting the playing side out should be the priority at the moment including the future of Butcher and Malpas, or do we just concentrate on going after Petrie and leave the chuckle brothers to ship up some low budget hoof merchants from down south?

with petrie 'facilitating' things any signings we get will be from last minute.com anyway

at least if we get him out quickly the ball can start rollin

Peevemor
01-06-2014, 09:56 PM
with petrie 'facilitating' things any signings we get will be from last minute.com anyway

at least if we get him out quickly the ball can start rollin

I reckon the ball's been rolling for a while now.

FranckSuzy
01-06-2014, 10:18 PM
Re Saturday's meeting, it was planned so all the groups under the 'Hibernian Family' banner could speak to Leeann and outline their work so far and to see if it ties in with ideas that she may bring from the Motherwell Community Trust. IMHO, it is not planned to be the time or place for the 'group of four' to reveal their next steps.

Mike Reilly will more than likely be there in his capacity of the HSA. I believe Kano is also planning to come along for a wee while (in a Former Players Association capacity) but the majority of the those present will be made up of the other groups - Hibernian Historical Trust, ERIN Trust, Working Together, Leith Links and perhaps Dnipro Kids.

Heedersnvolleys
01-06-2014, 10:31 PM

You have just hit the nail on the head for me. I can't believe we are getting sidetracked about ownership and running of the club when there is an immediate crisis right in front our nose the team and management. Don't get me wrong Petrie is as much to blame as Butcher for our current plight but I feel the team and management issues are far more urgent. Why make Leanne's start much harder than it really needs to be? Let her get on with it, let's see how much involvement Petrie still has (god there is so many "in the know" on here we will find out out soon enough) then we can then campaign to get rid if he still sticking his nose in.

i don't sit far not from Kano in the East and he is as passionate as the next man and I am sure his intentions are for the good of the club but do we really need this now? Whether it is him or the backers in the background but are they just taking advantage of the swell of anger?

NAE NOOKIE
01-06-2014, 10:36 PM
Am I missing something here or has the focus been very astutely moved from the Petrie out campaign to an attack on the people who have become the leading lights in it.

There is no doubt that certainly in the case of Paul Kane it is no secret there has been a long standing conflict with the regime at ER and certainly with Rod Petrie ..... I am at a loss therefor to understand why some find it so hard to accept him as the figurehead of a group working towards an objective which has been close to his heart for a long time, especially now that there is a groundswell of support for it.

As for this being the wrong time for this distraction from team building .... tough, it has to be done.

It may be the case that the group of 4 have scored a bit of an own goal by mentioning stages 2 & 3 .... but if this does involve some sort of financial plan with outside backing it is not unusual at this early stage for such folk to want details of their involvement and what that entails withheld until the situation becomes clearer. It does not follow that there has to be some sort of Machiavellian plot to destroy the club. ......Though it seems to me some folk are working very hard to push that theory.

No matter what side of the fence you fall on there is one thing which has been a constant in this whole situation from the second our 4th penalty was saved. It irritates the hell out of me and if I was in the other camp it still would .......................... The utter silence of the clubs owner.

For my part if parts 2 and / or 3 of the nefarious plans of the gang of 4 involve getting the club a new owner I will be more than happy. Provided the new owner isn't Harpo Marx or Marcel Marceau of course ....... Out of the frying pan and into the fire & all that.

Peevemor
01-06-2014, 10:59 PM
Am I missing something here or has the focus been very astutely moved from the Petrie out campaign to an attack on the people who have become the leading lights in it.

There is no doubt that certainly in the case of Paul Kane it is no secret there has been a long standing conflict with the regime at ER and certainly with Rod Petrie ..... I am at a loss therefor to understand why some find it so hard to accept him as the figurehead of a group working towards an objective which has been close to his heart for a long time, especially now that there is a groundswell of support for it.

As for this being the wrong time for this distraction from team building .... tough, it has to be done.

It may be the case that the group of 4 have scored a bit of an own goal by mentioning stages 2 & 3 .... but if this does involve some sort of financial plan with outside backing it is not unusual at this early stage for such folk to want details of their involvement and what that entails withheld until the situation becomes clearer. It does not follow that there has to be some sort of Machiavellian plot to destroy the club. ......Though it seems to me some folk are working very hard to push that theory.

No matter what side of the fence you fall on there is one thing which has been a constant in this whole situation from the second our 4th penalty was saved. It irritates the hell out of me and if I was in the other camp it still would .......................... The utter silence of the clubs owner.

For my part if parts 2 and / or 3 of the nefarious plans of the gang of 4 involve getting the club a new owner I will be more than happy. Provided the new owner isn't Harpo Marx or Marcel Marceau of course ....... Out of the frying pan and into the fire & all that.

If their ultimate aim is to install a new owner then why don't they just do it? Why doesn't the interested party just contact STF with a proposal? Why the need for supporter rebellion and media attention?

Is it possible that their man is somebody that STF doesn't trust enough to sell to? Could that be the reason for the need to get the natives onside?

And for what it's worth, on the few occasions that I met Kano, he was a dick. Although in fairness I am going back about 30 years so I'll choose to believe that he's mellowed with age. :greengrin:

jacomo
01-06-2014, 11:09 PM
I've lost faith in Petrie's ability to help the club prepare for next season or unite the club for a tough campaign. I believe relegation could have far reaching, damaging consequences and Hibs really are in a moment of crisis. Therefore questions about the chairman and ownership are not a distraction at all.

Iain G
02-06-2014, 03:37 AM

I dont think this thread is an attack on the four or Paul Kane, nor is the debate on here in any way supporting Petrie staying on at Hibs long term. Seems a fairly sensible and reasonable thread to me of people discussing the what happens next once Rod goes.

Jack
02-06-2014, 06:27 AM
If their ultimate aim is to install a new owner then why don't they just do it? Why doesn't the interested party just contact STF with a proposal? Why the need for supporter rebellion and media attention?

Is it possible that their man is somebody that STF doesn't trust enough to sell to? Could that be the reason for the need to get the natives onside?

And for what it's worth, on the few occasions that I met Kano, he was a dick. Although in fairness I am going back about 30 years so I'll choose to believe that he's mellowed with age. :greengrin:

I agree. Why would a takeover bid first require the removal of Rod? You'd just buy the club and bump him! Nor would it need the support of the support.

Am I missing something here?

TornadoHibby
02-06-2014, 06:37 AM
I don't have one and I never claimed I did. However I am not shouting for the removal of anyone either and that was my point. That it's easy to shout and bawl about firing people but what then? I am yet to read a post that has a reasoned and coherent plan for moving forward post the Rod Petrie era

And what type of person would have enough experience of running a football club or good contacts to new managers and players, available within the club's budget, with those in the game who would be similarly connected and experienced to let you have a "reasoned and coherent plan"? :confused:

As fans, we know who & what hasn't worked and needs replaced to support future success but we don't the Hibs finances, current and forecast future nor the strategic aspirations and intentions of the owners so cannot give you what you seem to want people to come up with. :rolleyes:

NAE NOOKIE
02-06-2014, 10:27 PM

I don't know if a new owner is the ultimate aim, it may not be .... but as far as I can see the "supporter rebellion" was well under way before Paul Kane or anybody else stepped forward ..... unless the cries of Petire out, scarves on the pitch and 600 folk outside the main stand at full time at the end of the Hamilton game were figments of my imagination. Not to mention a smaller demonstration after the Killie game.

As for STF .............. He wont talk to the press, the supporters or the group of 4 ...... What makes you think he would talk to any prospective owner ... all this 'the club has always been for sale' stuff wears ever thinner with every passing year .... during which I have never heard him or any of his representatives publicly state that that is the case.

As for Paul Kane ............. He could be the biggest dick in the world....... even dicks can be right.

mcfly
02-06-2014, 10:34 PM

Totally in agreement with you.

From other threads it appears James Collins is away as well but our manager is NOWHERE to be seen.

So we have no goalkeepers, no strikers but we still have admiral nelson...

This is as bad as it gets as a hibs fan but let's get rid of rod Petrie and all our problems are sorted.

Sad days

Nailrod
03-06-2014, 03:17 AM
Here's a plan:

1. Rod Petrie to resign and leave the Board
2. The rest of the Board to appoint an interim Chairman (There are enough of them FFS, and they've been sitting around like nodding dogs for long enough while the club falls apart)
3. Leeann Dempster to join the Board as MD
4. Short-term - LD to be in charge of all operational matters, Club Sec to be in charge of all secretarial duties, Finance Director to be in charge of all financial matters
5. Immediate action to recruit a new long-term chairman who cares about Hibs, and knows something about football and how to run a business (preferably successfully)
6. Review of all existing members of Board based on two questions: 1. What actual contribution have you made in the past to improving things at ER? 2. What use do you expect to be in the future?
7. Get rid of any members of Board who can't come up with a useful answer.
8. Review structure and membership of Board and roles of Board members, and make any necessary changes to both.
9. Review long-term roles and responsibilities of executive directors and make any necessary changes.
8. Replace one existing Board Member with a Director of Football to oversee all long-term football-related issues and ensure one single person in charge of all football-related matters at Board level - especially to co-ordinate Academy up to FirstTeam and make sure there is a proper strategy in place
9. As her first priority LD to develop an immediate strategy to re-engage with the thousands of fans who have deserted or are deserting Hibs, and to do whatever is necessary to bring as many of them back as possible.
10. Once all of the above has been done, Chairman to work with STF to oversee a project defining the long-term ownership structure of the club - consulting as widely as possible and using both external and internal resources.

Iain G
03-06-2014, 04:29 AM
Here's a plan:

1. Rod Petrie to resign and leave the Board
2. The rest of the Board to appoint an interim Chairman (There are enough of them FFS, and they've been sitting around like nodding dogs for long enough while the club falls apart)
3. Leeann Dempster to join the Board as MD
4. Short-term - LD to be in charge of all operational matters, Club Sec to be in charge of all secretarial duties, Finance Director to be in charge of all financial matters
5. Immediate action to recruit a new long-term chairman who cares about Hibs, and knows something about football and how to run a business (preferably successfully)
6. Review of all existing members of Board based on two questions: 1. What actual contribution have you made in the past to improving things at ER? 2. What use do you expect to be in the future?
7. Get rid of any members of Board who can't come up with a useful answer.
8. Review structure and membership of Board and roles of Board members, and make any necessary changes to both.
9. Review long-term roles and responsibilities of executive directors and make any necessary changes.
8. Replace one existing Board Member with a Director of Football to oversee all long-term football-related issues and ensure one single person in charge of all football-related matters at Board level - especially to co-ordinate Academy up to FirstTeam and make sure there is a proper strategy in place
9. As her first priority LD to develop an immediate strategy to re-engage with the thousands of fans who have deserted or are deserting Hibs, and to do whatever is necessary to bring as many of them back as possible.
10. Once all of the above has been done, Chairman to work with STF to oversee a project defining the long-term ownership structure of the club - consulting as widely as possible and using both external and internal resources.

Or:

1) Appoint Leeann Dempster
2) Let her get on with her job in charge of operational matters which is where she excelled at Motherwell and why we poached her

Peevemor
03-06-2014, 05:30 AM
Or:

2) Let her get on with her job in charge of operational matters which is where she excelled at Motherwell and why we poached her

Nah, not enough bluster! Your response is shorter than 300 words so it must be guff.

Though feel free to copy and paste yourself later on in the thread.

oregonhibby
03-06-2014, 05:31 AM
It is "a" plan and the above summarises it. 1 appoint LD 2 2 let her get on with her job.

However the second element requires the agreement of the shareholders (majority by holding) and STF will be in control of that.

So unless "the plan" has a credible and realistic alternative ownership structure that convinces the current shareholders that the long term security of the Club is taken care of there is un lightly to be a change. If there is then that is a way forward.

It has been stated that there is stage 2 and 3 so let's wait to see what that is. If it is entirely dependant on achieving stage 1 we may never hear of it.

The interesting thing is 1 could be more achievable with a credible stage 2 and 3 if the share holders can be convinced a new ownership model is sustainable - that if stage 2 and 3 cover this.

Now is not the time for secrets and there needs to be transparency or this will fall into the category of the 5 year plan everyone jumps all over the board about.

Hibrandenburg
03-06-2014, 05:52 AM
Or:

Ingenious, it would also let the club get back to concentrating on football matters which might be of benefit to the company in the long run.

bighairyfaeleith
03-06-2014, 05:52 AM
I don't know if a new owner is the ultimate aim, it may not be .... but as far as I can see the "supporter rebellion" was well under way before Paul Kane or anybody else stepped forward ..... unless the cries of Petire out, scarves on the pitch and 600 folk outside the main stand at full time at the end of the Hamilton game were figments of my imagination. Not to mention a smaller demonstration after the Killie game.

As for STF .............. He wont talk to the press, the supporters or the group of 4 ...... What makes you think he would talk to any prospective owner ... all this 'the club has always been for sale' stuff wears ever thinner with every passing year .... during which I have never heard him or any of his representatives publicly state that that is the case.

As for Paul Kane ............. He could be the biggest dick in the world....... even dicks can be right.

How do you know STF won't talk to the group of 4, do you genuinely believe there are not some hibbys out there that could get an appoinment with STF if they really needed to speak to him?

STF might not be interested in hibs day to day but the mans no fool, if the right people ask then he will listen I'm sure.

Onion
03-06-2014, 06:39 AM
Great post.

She'll not be that abrupt or disrespectful. LD needs the fans on board and if she's any sense will be empathetic in what we've had to put up with. The last thing we need at ER is another leader who is autocratic and dismissive.

Fully understand why the only goal is to remove Petrie at this point. If the group of 4 was to announce any other plans or a plan B if he's not ousted, the media would just pick them apart. It would be a distraction and risk goal no1. Expect the fans to leave LD with no doubt in her mind about a Hibs with and without Petrie.

RIP
03-06-2014, 06:44 AM
I am convinced that our owners are looking at our business model as we speak. We will need to downscale and investigate the community ownership models underway elsewhere in Europe and UK.

The landscape is that the banks are withdrawing from Scottish Football. Too many clubs going bust, too much debt and no forward growth to generate investment returns.

Hibs, like many other clubs will need to change our business ownership model. No doubt our retiring CEO / Non-exec chairman will be held in post by STF until the restructuring job is done.

Peevemor
03-06-2014, 06:46 AM
I am convinced that Sir Tom and Rod are looking at our business model as we speak. We will need to downscale and investigate the community ownership models underway elsewhere in Europe and UK.

The landscape is that the banks are withdrawing from Scottish Football. Too many clubs going bust, too much debt and no forward growth to generate investment returns.

Hibs, like many other clubs will need to change our business ownership model. No doubt our retiring CEO / Non-exec chairman will be held in post by STF until the resteucturing job is done.

It sounds like we're bringing in players from the highland league. :greengrin

Kaiser1962
03-06-2014, 06:57 AM

Do they have the money to do it? This subject is going to have to be raised at some point. It is clear that STF wants Rod at the club representing him, and the only certain way to change this would be to make a financial offer (and plan) that was acceptable to STF.

He talked to Brian Kennedy when he was looking to take over.

Nailrod
03-06-2014, 07:27 AM
Or:

2) Let her get on with her job in charge of operational matters which is where she excelled at Motherwell and why we poached herThat's a good plan, if you think the reason why we've just been relegated from the weakest top tier in Scottish football history after seven years of abject failure is because the day-to-day running of the club wasn't being done properly.

If, like me, you take the view that there are more deep-seated problems than the pies not being hot enough, the seats in the FF being painted the wrong shade of green, and a screw-up in the choice of Hibs Kids fixtures, then you might think far-reaching change is necessary to cure our ills and restore our fortunes.

Then you might also wonder why the same man who has presided over our catastrophic decline is going to continue to oversee far-reaching change, and continue to act as the conduit to the only individual who has the authority to sign-off on far-reaching changes. I mean, if this guy knows where the problems lie and what needs to be done to put them right, then why did he wait until we were relegated from the weakest top tier in Scottish football history after seven years of abject failure before he decided to act?

It's not like anybody at the club could have stopped him from acting sooner.

Greenworld
03-06-2014, 08:21 AM
Great post.

Agreed:top marks

Nailrod
03-06-2014, 08:29 AM
Great post.

From what I've heard about her she'll have the lot of them for breakfast.I would certainly be completely flummoxed if she said that to me. Under no circumstances would it ever occur to me to ask as my 'next question': "Then why does Petrie still have to be involved with the club at all?"

number 27
03-06-2014, 08:30 AM
Agreed:top marks

Really, full marks? so you think the best way for Dempster to start would be to simply dismiss the concerns of a large proportion of the support? is that likely to bring about the unity I keep hearing about?

Further, if Dempster really is running the club now with no input from Rod then surely he should just go, there is no point in retaining a man who is causing friction if he is not contributing anything positive.

Nailrod
03-06-2014, 08:38 AM
Really, full marks? so you think the best way for Dempster to start would be to simply dismiss the concerns of a large proportion of the support? is that likely to bring about the unity I keep hearing about?

Further, if Dempster really is running the club now with no input from Rod then surely he should just go, there is no point in retaining a man who is causing friction if he is not contributing anything positive.Luckily 'The Four' are all stupid people who represent the vast majority of the support who are also stupid.

Only a small select band of Petrie supporters can understand the true genius of the man, and appreciate the wonders he has worked on our behalf.

number 27
03-06-2014, 08:50 AM
Luckily 'The Four' are all stupid people who represent the vast majority of the support who are also stupid.

Only a small select band of Petrie supporters can understand the true genius of the man, and appreciate the wonders he has worked on our behalf.

To be honest I don't mind Petrie supporters who stand up and make their case, I disagree with them but we are all entitled to our opinions and all want the best for Hibs.

I am a little concerned about those posters who, IMO, support Petrie but seem afraid to come out and say it and would rather make personal attacks and attempt to undermine the protesters, as you say there seems to be an attempt now to imply that "the four" and supporters are a bit stupid or naive.

oregonhibby
03-06-2014, 09:17 AM
Personal attacks never help whether it is RP or any other supporter.

One of the successes of Hibs.net is there can be debate.

There are many fair minded individuals who neither support or do support RP who would like some clarity.

This thread on the whole has been reasonably balanced.

DAZ86
03-06-2014, 09:19 AM
Petrie has done good things for our club financially. Not on the pitch tho.

My stance is, thanks, now we need a change.

As for dempster running the club. An official statement has been made saying Petrie will still be the go-between to the Farmer family. Therefore, he will still stick his nose in.

Imagine LD proposing something to a Petrie-employed board.... she will have no chance.

Cheif exec or not the board still need to gain a majority vote for most decisions.

LD is step one, full scale change required.

ManBearPig
03-06-2014, 10:25 AM
I started this thread to see if there was a clear plan for either party in this debate. personally I dont know which party I fall into as seeing a plan of action would really sway me into either party. At the moment bboth are equally wishy washy

Saorsa
03-06-2014, 10:39 AM
I started this thread to see if there was a clear plan for either party in this debate. personally I dont know which party I fall into as seeing a plan of action would really sway me into either party. At the moment bboth are equally wishy washysurely you've already seen the results of the handy work of the people there now. happy with that? want tae stick with those (petrie's) plans?

Iain G
03-06-2014, 10:42 AM
That's a good plan, if you think the reason why we've just been relegated from the weakest top tier in Scottish football history after seven years of abject failure is because the day-to-day running of the club wasn't being done properly.

If, like me, you take the view that there are more deep-seated problems than the pies not being hot enough, the seats in the FF being painted the wrong shade of green, and a screw-up in the choice of Hibs Kids fixtures, then you might think far-reaching change is necessary to cure our ills and restore our fortunes.

Then you might also wonder why the same man who has presided over our catastrophic decline is going to continue to oversee far-reaching change, and continue to act as the conduit to the only individual who has the authority to sign-off on far-reaching changes. I mean, if this guy knows where the problems lie and what needs to be done to put them right, then why did he wait until we were relegated from the weakest top tier in Scottish football history after seven years of abject failure before he decided to act?

It's not like anybody at the club could have stopped him from acting sooner.

Seriously you think all Leeann is gonna do is check the bleeding seat colour or whether the frickin pies are hot enough?! If you dont understand why shr has been brought in and what her remit actually is can you please stop pontificating your jaundiced and clearly now obsessive anti Petrie spoutings on what has been a pretty positve, open, discussive and spin free thread.

And sorry but you are now twisting known fact to suit whatever agenda you have. Leeann was announced before we were relegated which shows changes were planned and well in action before we dropped a dvivision.

ManBearPig
03-06-2014, 10:51 AM
surely you've already seen the results of the handy work of the people there now. happy with that? want tae stick with those (petrie's) plans?

not entirely happy with results sor far however leeann dempster will have her own plans im sure she wouldn't have talen role without conditions that she js allowed to implement her own ideas. but unless I hear otherwise from the petrie out campaign how can I compare the two?

Greenworld
03-06-2014, 05:11 PM
Luckily 'The Four' are all stupid people who represent the vast majority of the support who are also stupid.

Who says they represent the vast majority?

The main point was they wanted rod p to have no control over finance sightings etc.done according to Leanne.should make us all happy it does me.

You want rid of Rod then you will need to buy out STF the two go hand in hand.imo

No one is calling anyone stupid its kind of insulting to the four for you to say so..two who I know
But as with everything in life you don't have to aggree with.

The principles I agree with a successful entertaining football club under a forward thinking
Manager..forward in play also....

ManBearPig
04-06-2014, 06:15 PM
still no word on plan from any party so with that in mind I will conscientiously abject from the protest. the lack of communication from the protest group ans hibernian is shocking at present.

I will be there next season with my son to cheer on hibs they'll need it.

EdinMike
04-06-2014, 06:27 PM
still no word on plan from any party so with that in mind I will conscientiously abject from the protest. the lack of communication from the protest group ans hibernian is shocking at present.

I will be there next season with my son to cheer on hibs they'll need it.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?285133-Fans-asked-to-gather-at-Car-Park-West-Stand

"I am also told that there will be details of this and of the running order of speakers etc announced shortly."

Can we just be a little patient ?! Organising things like this can't be as easy as clicking the fingers...

ManBearPig
04-06-2014, 06:32 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?285133-Fans-asked-to-gather-at-Car-Park-West-Stand

"I am also told that there will be details of this and of the running order of speakers etc announced shortly."

Can we just be a little patient ?! Organising things like this can't be as easy as clicking the fingers...

what the problem is, that we have been told there is a plan but not told what it is. how can I get behind a movement bif I don't have slightest idea what the alternative is?

bighairyfaeleith
04-06-2014, 06:37 PM
what the problem is, that we have been told there is a plan but not told what it is. how can I get behind a movement bif I don't have slightest idea what the alternative is?

Exactly, the four met Petrie and asked him to resign, they then met with supporters.

Now they plan to meet with dempster, what will they ask her that they haven't discussed yet, butcher for the axe maybe?

Just because hibs haven't been up front doesen't excuse the fab four doing the same.

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

Kaiser1962
04-06-2014, 07:05 PM
Has Nailrod been launched?

RIP
04-06-2014, 07:47 PM
Exactly, the four met Petrie and asked him to resign, they then met with supporters.

Now they plan to meet with dempster, what will they ask her that they haven't discussed yet, butcher for the axe maybe?

What made you think the four organisers are scheduled to meet Dempster mate? I'm not sure that's the case - is it?

Weir7
04-06-2014, 07:59 PM
I started this thread to see if there was a clear plan for either party in this debate. personally I dont know which party I fall into as seeing a plan of action would really sway me into either party. At the moment bboth are equally wishy washy

Go to demo. Hear what they are planning straight from the horses mouth. and take it ftom there.

FranckSuzy
04-06-2014, 08:03 PM
What made you think the four organisers are scheduled to meet Dempster mate? I'm not sure that's the case - is it?

Nope, it isn't. Leeann Dempster is meeting with the 'Working Together' group and this was planned way before we capitulated vs Hamilton :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
04-06-2014, 08:06 PM
Petrie has done good things for our club financially. Not on the pitch tho.

My stance is, thanks, now we need a change.

As for dempster running the club. An official statement has been made saying Petrie will still be the go-between to the Farmer family. Therefore, he will still stick his nose in.

Imagine LD proposing something to a Petrie-employed board.... she will have no chance.

Cheif exec or not the board still need to gain a majority vote for most decisions.

LD is step one, full scale change required.

I think thats a bit of a myth, just count up the amount of money he's spent on paying off the clowns he appointed, deadwood being a right sickner, and the players those clowns brought to the club.

And it seems that it was only Petrie who could build stands or training centre's, bearing in mind the stands are mortgaged or paid for by player sales, as was the training centre.

bighairyfaeleith
04-06-2014, 09:41 PM

Sorry was basing it on kano saying he may go to meeting or may stay at demo

Losing track to be honest, would quite like to get back to football

RIP
04-06-2014, 10:12 PM
Sorry was basing it on kano saying he may go to meeting or may stay at demo

Losing track to be honest, would quite like to get back to football

I'm with you.

PK and MR have an invite via the HFPA and HSA. They will certainly be welcome at the LD/WT gig but it will be tough being in 2 places at once.