PDA

View Full Version : New team

jimmyboco1875
31-05-2014, 10:37 PM
It seems every player is going to be punted, can we afford a new team or is it going to be a team full of free agents

Ronniekirk
31-05-2014, 11:18 PM
It seems every player is going to be punted, can we afford a new team or is it going to be a team full of free agents

Until I hear something official from Lee Ann I don't believe everyone is being punted ,We knew there was going to be a clear out and Relegation may necessitate the need to get rid of more players to cut wage bill in short term However we need hungry players with strong mentality, and pace who are the right side of 30 to come in

Peevemor
31-05-2014, 11:36 PM
Until I hear something official from Lee Ann I don't believe everyone is being punted ,We knew there was going to be a clear out and Relegation may necessitate the need to get rid of more players to cut wage bill in short term However we need hungry players with strong mentality, and pace who are the right side of 30 to come in

Yeah! Bring in the oldies! :greengrin:

Waxy
01-06-2014, 06:46 AM
Reckon with going down we have to keep most of who we already have(except Mcgivern) If they go down to half wages even better. It'll make them more determined to get back up (maybe).

ALF TUPPER
01-06-2014, 06:52 AM
Reckon with going down we have to keep most of who we already have(except Mcgivern) If they go down to half wages even better. It'll make them more determined to get back up (maybe).

Do we have anyone left? Serious question. I don't know anymore. My head is wasted with this. Who's left guys ? :fuming:

bighairyfaeleith
01-06-2014, 06:58 AM
I read on twitter that tudor jones is away as well, is this confirmed?

Brooster
01-06-2014, 07:00 AM
I read on twitter that tudor jones is away as well, is this confirmed?

What a brilliant start to the day that would be if true.

bighairyfaeleith
01-06-2014, 07:01 AM
What a brilliant start to the day that would be if true.

yeah I know :greengrin

Onion
01-06-2014, 07:20 AM
Just a few short weeks ago we were all talking about how difficult it would be for Hearts to start again as a new club in the lower divisions in time for next season. Fast forward, and he we are with Hibs in that exact position. Looks like majority of players are getting thrown out for good reason, but we've absolutely no idea what type/quality of player we're going to be getting in, made more complex by relegation.

If you had the option, you'd actually close the club down for 12 months and prepare properly for the following season. The job of replacing the whole squad in one window for a new league is a near impossible task, let alone getting one to click from the off. Add in Petrie's/Butcher's precarious position and .....

Waxy
01-06-2014, 07:23 AM
We could always play most of the under 20s.Alot of us wanted to play them in the SPFL.

Keith_M
01-06-2014, 07:29 AM
We could always play most of the under 20s.Alot of us wanted to play them in the SPFL.

:agree:

KingFranck
01-06-2014, 07:39 AM
Watch what happens I'll bet most of the team will be made up of last seasons U20s well whatever is left of them!

AlbertK86
01-06-2014, 07:54 AM
Watch what happens I'll bet most of the team will be made up of last seasons U20s well whatever is left of them!

Fine by me if the majority of the squad is made up of them.

However if we can get a spine of experienced motivated professionals to help them along it won't be a bad thing.

mentalhibee
01-06-2014, 09:03 AM

I know of one under 20s player who has had a new contract offer withdrawn since relegation.

DH1875
01-06-2014, 01:57 PM
I'm guessing everyone we bring in will be a free transfer or a loan. What concerns me is what sort of wages are we going to be offering. I really fear we'll be offering 100s and not 1000s and I dont think we'll be getting much for £500 per week.

southsider
01-06-2014, 02:07 PM
With Ian Murray as coach and a 2 year plan to get us back up. And Petrie gone. Win/win for me.