PDA

View Full Version : Dignity

madhatter
31-05-2014, 03:01 PM
Lex Gold (in 1998) said "No no, I've just recongised responsibility and the responsbility is at the top of an organisation - that's were the buck stops" and left.

Rod Petrie (in 2014) said "Let me start by saying that I am sorry for a dismal season on the pitch.", "The Club also expressed its deep concern that any actions to "starve" the Club of support during the challenging months ahead risk causing long-term damage". "Some supporters have suggested that I should resign as Chairman. I take responsibility for the position that the Club finds itself in. However, it would be wrong for me to abdicate that responsibility at this time and walk away and it would be wrong for the Club." and stays.

Lex left with dignity. Any way Rod leaves now is going to be lacking any remnants of dignity.

RIP Bestie
31-05-2014, 03:05 PM
Does this really merit another thread?

Kato
31-05-2014, 03:11 PM
If you feel responsible for failing in your responsibilities the responsible response should be obvious.

The guy should realise by now he lacks the skills, maybe the emotions, to guide a football club, whether that's from the back seat or the front. We've tried "change", been promised root and branch reviews, as Charlie Reid says manager after manager has been held as a patsy and it's time to the change the one constant in the last few years and try someone else. He really should have the self awareness to know this.

madhatter
31-05-2014, 03:13 PM

Don't know - up to admins really. It is a forum after all. If you have such a "bee in your bonnet" about it why take the time to comment at all?

Admins, I'll happily delete this thread if you feel it is necessary - or if you want to slam it shut so be it. Cheers!

Keith_M
31-05-2014, 03:15 PM
Dougie Cromb also resigned one year before, because he considered himself responsible for leading Hibs into the Play-Offs. That was despite the fact that Hibs stayed up.

Keith_M
31-05-2014, 03:16 PM

Are you the arbiter of what does and does not merit a thread on hibs.net?

Betty Boop
31-05-2014, 03:19 PM

Aye he's the posting police. :greengrin

RIP Bestie
31-05-2014, 03:25 PM
No not at all but the Pertie out debate is going on on numerous other threads on this site and in my opinion is being done to death. This thread is going to end up with the same bitching and backbiting. I only asked if the OP merited a thread of its own or could it not be merged with another. So no need for the sarcasm thanks.

Wotherspiniesta
31-05-2014, 03:31 PM
I understand there are a lot of people (myself included) extremely annoyed about this complete mess of a season, but to call Petrie undignified is wrong, IMO. He's always come across as very well spoken, dignified and wanting the best of Hibernian.

However, he has failed to deliver a team fitting of the strip, which is where the buck stops with the fans.

madhatter
31-05-2014, 03:38 PM
I understand there are a lot of people (myself included) extremely annoyed about this complete mess of a season, but to call Petrie undignified is wrong, IMO. He's always come across as very well spoken, dignified and wanting the best of Hibernian.

However, he has failed to deliver a team fitting of the strip, which is where the buck stops with the fans.

He is not dealing with this situation in a dignified manner. Sorry. Condescending statements put on the website and saying he is best sticking around after being on the board through 2 relegations now is not dignified.

Dignity is shown in times of adversity, not when you are chugging along in indifference. He has always came across as a dignified man but statements over the last 2-3 years have become very poor and increasing length between board and fans. This does not show dignity.

Phil D. Rolls
31-05-2014, 05:05 PM
Lex Gold (in 1998) said "No no, I've just recongised responsibility and the responsbility is at the top of an organisation - that's were the buck stops" and left.

Rod Petrie (in 2014) said "Let me start by saying that I am sorry for a dismal season on the pitch.", "The Club also expressed its deep concern that any actions to "starve" the Club of support during the challenging months ahead risk causing long-term damage". "Some supporters have suggested that I should resign as Chairman. I take responsibility for the position that the Club finds itself in. However, it would be wrong for me to abdicate that responsibility at this time and walk away and it would be wrong for the Club." and stays.

Lex left with dignity. Any way Rod leaves now is going to be lacking any remnants of dignity.

He left with another job to go to, and us in the **** in D1, pretty easy to hold your head up in those circumstances.

Petrie should follow suit though.

southsider
31-05-2014, 08:04 PM

The point is that is two relegations for Petrie. Has the man no shame ?

Saorsa
31-05-2014, 11:55 PM
Does this really merit another thread?It does if somebody feels like making one, you dinnae have tae read it Rod. :aok:

Leith Mo
01-06-2014, 01:57 AM
My suggestion is that Roderick sails her up the west coast through villages and towns and is denied a berth in Leith ever again

RIP Bestie
01-06-2014, 04:22 AM
It does if somebody feels like making one, you dinnae have tae read it Rod. :aok:
Typical empty headed response from someone who doesn't like someone having an opinion that doesn't match theirs on here. Must be a Hearts fan or Rod Petrie. You are such a clever boy aren't you?

marinello59
01-06-2014, 05:52 AM
There's other threads discussing the same thing. No matter what your viewpoint is let's try and keep it respectful. Thread closed.