PDA

View Full Version : Paul Kane On The Radio.

Thecat23
31-05-2014, 11:34 AM
Hey guys,

For those interested in what our former player Paul Kane feels about things at Hibs just now. He's on Radio Scotland at around 2:15 this afternoon. Then around 3:15 on Fourth One.

I encourage those who even don't agree with him to maybe tune in as there maybe be a few interesting points being raised.

Billy Whizz
31-05-2014, 11:47 AM
Thanks I'll listen in

nribs
31-05-2014, 12:00 PM
Hey guys,

For those interested in what our former player Paul Kane feels about things at Hibs just now. He's on Radio Scotland at around 2:15 this afternoon. Then around 3:15 on Fourth One.

I encourage those who even don't agree with him to maybe tune in as there maybe be a few interesting points being raised.
I probably should listen to him but I haven't got much time for him tbh. Plus it's a busy day. Hope he gives us some much needed good news .

judas
31-05-2014, 12:24 PM
I probably should listen to him but I haven't got much time for him tbh. Plus it's a busy day. Hope he gives us some much needed good news .

this

Pretty Boy
31-05-2014, 01:05 PM
Just a wee bump for this. Should start shortly

NAE NOOKIE
31-05-2014, 01:07 PM
Just tuned in ....... no mention of Hibs or Paul Kane at the start of the show :confused:

NAE NOOKIE
31-05-2014, 01:11 PM
No mention of Hibs or Paul Kane when they gave the line up at the start of the show :confused:

Whoops ..... posted already

BH Hibs
31-05-2014, 01:16 PM
The malaise at Hibs was briefly mentioned nothing about Kano though. Anyway talking pish about Celtc now

Pretty Boy
31-05-2014, 01:27 PM
On now.

Bobby's Cinema
31-05-2014, 01:32 PM
Getting questioned at every turn. Here was me thinking he was on to express what was happening as this supporters movement, not be wholly scrutinised.

I will be there next Saturday

Baldy Foghorn
31-05-2014, 01:39 PM
RP was asked to give an opinion, but only silence was forthcoming:rolleyes:

Thecat23
31-05-2014, 01:40 PM
RP was asked to give an opinion, but only silence was forthcoming:rolleyes:

Shock horror.

greenpaper55
31-05-2014, 01:40 PM
BBC asked Rod to apear but they met with silence, seems we are not even worth a response.

greenpaper55
31-05-2014, 01:41 PM
BBC want to hear from Hibs fans, get on the blower now.

NAE NOOKIE
31-05-2014, 01:47 PM
It seems to me that Murdo McLeod and to a lesser extent Willie Miller were of the opinion that RP has to carry the can for the last 7 years.

Interesting that Rod Petrie turned down the chance to defend himself on the programme. Not in the least bit surprising though, if theres one thing our Rod cant stand its being in a position where he doesn't feel he has complete control.

I mean ..... imagine if he had been asked exactly what was in the 5 year plan, which apparently nobody knows about but him.

Saorsa
31-05-2014, 01:50 PM
It seems to me that Murdo McLeod and to a lesser extent Willie Miller were of the opinion that RP has to carry the can for the last 7 years.

Interesting that Rod Petrie turned down the chance to defend himself on the programme. Not in the least bit surprising though, if theres one thing our Rod cant stand its being in a position where he doesn't feel he has complete control.

I mean ..... imagine if he had been asked exactly what was in the 5 year plan, which apparently nobody knows about but him.he disnae ken about it either, it was a cock and bull story made up tae flannel those fans who wasted their time at his last question and nae answer session.

Booked4Being-Ugly
31-05-2014, 01:55 PM
The man's a f'n parasite - sucking the lifeblood out of this club and taking a wage in the process.

Greenworld
31-05-2014, 01:56 PM

I mean ..... imagine if he had been asked exactly what was in the 5 year plan, which apparently nobody knows about but him.

I agee with what you say ....also it would seem the removal of petrie is
Not all that kano and the group want though!

He mentioned a stage 2 and 3 after this but Cannot reveal
What they are sworn to secrecy ...growing arms and legs

So we have a stand off u tell me your plans NAW....you tell
Me yours

down-the-slope
31-05-2014, 02:15 PM

Me yours
:rolleyes: thats disappointing - I don't think I'll be joining the bus tour if the destination is a secret....

Benny Brazil
31-05-2014, 02:20 PM

Me yours

Surely they cant have other plans that the fans haven't agreed to or are at least aware of? Is it a 5yr plan?:rolleyes:

Saorsa
31-05-2014, 02:21 PM
:rolleyes: thats disappointing - I don't think I'll be joining the bus tour if the destination is a secret....does anybody ken the destination (apart from the championship) of petrie's magical mystery 5 year bus tour? We should stick with him though when he winnae tell anybody?

trainspotter
31-05-2014, 02:21 PM

Me yours

I found that bit of the interview a bit cringey to be honest and trying to defend it by saying that Rod Petrie hadn't set out details of his 5 year plan either doesn't work for me - two wrongs don't make a right. Referring to Leeann Dempster at one stage as "the girl" was may be a bit patronising and won't have endeared warmth from her!

I hope Simon Pia - who is pretty experienced when it comes to communications - gets involved a bit more as after listening to that interview I was a bit bewildered as to what the ultimate goal was here - yes, remove Petrie to give Dempster a clear run but then why the need for this stage 2 and stage 3 stuff?

Greenworld
31-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Agreed both sides should lay bare what exactly their plans motives are

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
31-05-2014, 02:27 PM

Me yours

When you are dealing with a card sharp like Rod Petrie you don't put all your cards on the table, because he sure as hell aint gonna tell you what he is holding. I think getting Petrie out should be the main focus here .... because that is the first step to a new future.

But for me at least the next step should be for any people with clout, experience and the trust of the fans who have Hibs at heart to come together and in a studied and dignified manner investigate what ways and means are available to bring Sir Tom Farmer's ownership of Hibs to an end. It would be brilliant if STF could become part of that process rather than a barrier to it. IMO that would be a truly significant and positive day in the history of Hibernian football club.

Unfortunately if Rod Petrie remains at the club and the owner stubbornly continues to back him change will only happen at Easter Road through bloody and acrimonious revolution, rather than the peaceful transfer of power which is required

smurf
31-05-2014, 02:28 PM
:rolleyes: thats disappointing - I don't think I'll be joining the bus tour if the destination is a secret....

You are not being asked to commit to any secret destinations. The objective at this moment in time is #PetrieOut

Greenworld
31-05-2014, 02:30 PM
I found that bit of the interview a bit cringey to be honest and trying to defend it by saying that Rod Petrie hadn't set out details of his 5 year plan either doesn't work for me - two wrongs don't make a right. Referring to Leeann Dempster at one stage as "the girl" was may be a bit patronising and won't have endeared warmth from her!

I hope Simon Pia - who is pretty experienced when it comes to communications - gets involved a bit more as after listening to that interview I was a bit bewildered as to what the ultimate goal was here - yes, remove Petrie to give Dempster a clear run but then why the need for this stage 2 and stage 3 stuff?

Thats what im curious about sounds like more to this than meets the eye

Benny Brazil
Agreed both sides should lay bare what exactly their plans motives are

We should already know what the fans plans are surely? Or have Kano and co gone off on a tangent and are setting plans for other issues we don't know about? Hardly speaking for 95% of the fans then are they.

coldingham hibs
The plans could simply be along the lines of Supporter representation on the board, director of football and the likes. I have no doubt whatever is put on the table will be voted on by the supporter groups involved. One step at a time, once Petrie is removed then we can discuss step 2, whatever it may be. Lets not forget all those involved are Hibs people who want success.

hibby67
BBC want to hear from Hibs fans, get on the blower now.

Wouldn't give them the time of day after them almost creaming themselves when we got relegated... BBC GTF

Deansy

He couldn't - BBC Scotland programmes are recorded and Rod has an aversion to what he says as it could/would be used as evidence against him at a later date - I.E the '5 year plan' !!

JustSimplyHibs
31-05-2014, 02:38 PM
You are not being asked to commit to any secret destinations. The objective at this moment in time is #PetrieOut

Followed by dropping our inferiority complex within the Scottish game and getting the football standard up, a youth academy which breeds future international players, more fans through the gate and try to strive to achieve domestic success.

Still think a more media friendly person such as Charlie Reid or, Grant Stott should deal with the media.

Brizo
31-05-2014, 02:41 PM

I too thought "the girl" comment was a bit unfortunate. She probably has enough business qualifications to paper the walls of the Tor and the 4 in hand.

However I also thought Kano came over much better than he has previously and I would guess Simon Pia is already hard at work behind the scenes giving the front men some media training. No disrespect to Kano who's a smart successful guy, but the whole "fans have got a voice they make a choice" which he referred to more than once is the type of media soundbite I would suspect came from Pias pen.

Greenworld
31-05-2014, 02:50 PM
He couldn't - BBC Scotland programmes are recorded and Rod has an aversion to what he says as it could/would be used as evidence against him at a later date - I.E the '5 year plan' !!

LoL very good

Hibrandenburg
31-05-2014, 02:53 PM
What do we want? "PETRIE OUT!"

When do we want it? "NOW!"

What do we do afterwards? "NO TELLING YEH!"

Seriously?

Greenworld
31-05-2014, 02:58 PM
The plans could simply be along the lines of Supporter representation on the board, director of football and the likes. I have no doubt whatever is put on the table will be voted on by the supporter groups involved. One step at a time, once Petrie is removed then we can discuss step 2, whatever it may be. Lets not forget all those involved are Hibs people who want success.

Oh we all want that success you talk off seems so long ago since we had any .. im still not getting the bit that if rod decides to go then we have a step 2 and 3 ...do you not think STF might have something to say about that.

Kato
31-05-2014, 03:02 PM
Wouldn't give them the time of day after them almost creaming themselves when we got relegated... BBC GTF

kato favourited this post

Deansy
31-05-2014, 03:10 PM
I read 'Stage2/3' as 'Aims/Hopes/Proposals/Wishes' etc which would be put to the fans/board ONCE the main aim of this campaign is achieved - Petrie out. That's all they can be as they have no actual power on the current running of the club. Paul Kane & Co, at the moment, seem to be the only ones who are prepared to speak up for the fans - who knows, others may emerge/join ?. In one week, they've went from issuing a statement to the media to holding a public-meeting asking for more and more fans to voice their opinions and also to establish better/wider communications amongst the support. Of course not everyone will agree to what they propose but at least they're listening and open to suggestions - nobody else has come out to speak up ?. To reveal details of what they've discussed would simply give Petrie ammunition to shoot them down/pick holes in them. After all, has Petrie revealed details of these 'Massive Changes' (or is it '5 year plan' ??) that are allegedly coming ??. He's well-known for being a 'Tricky-customer' to deal with and despite us being relegated TWICE under his leadership, refuses to do the honourable-thing.

Benny Brazil
31-05-2014, 03:15 PM
I read 'Stage2/3' as 'Aims/Hopes/Proposals/Wishes' etc which would be put to the fans/board ONCE the main aim of this campaign is achieved - Petrie out. That's all they can be as they have no actual power on the current running of the club. Paul Kane & Co, at the moment, seem to be the only ones who are prepared to speak up for the fans - who knows, others may emerge/join ?. In one week, they've went from issuing a statement to the media to holding a public-meeting asking for more and more fans to voice their opinions and also to establish better/wider communications amongst the support. Of course not everyone will agree to what they propose but at least they're listening and open to suggestions - nobody else has come out to speak up ?. To reveal details of what they've discussed would simply give Petrie ammunition to shoot them down/pick holes in them. After all, has Petrie revealed details of these 'Massive Changes' (or is it '5 year plan' ??) that are allegedly coming ??. He's well-known for being a 'Tricky-customer' to deal with and despite us being relegated TWICE under his leadership, refuses to do the honourable-thing.

If Kano and co are "only speaking up for the fans" then they shouldnt saying things like stage 2 or 3 or whatever. Theyre only focus is in getting Petrie out as far as I am led to believe.

Jack
31-05-2014, 03:20 PM
What do we want? "PETRIE OUT!"

When do we want it? "NOW!"

What do we do afterwards? "NO TELLING YEH!"

Seriously?

Of the 17,000/18,000 Hibs supporters at Easter Road last week I suspect you'd get as many ideas for taking the club forward. A lot of work went into a Working Together plan for the club about a year ago and I suspect that will at least make up the basis of the club plan. I suspect any plan with input from the support will have the same basic principles.

The campaign is about who do we, as a support, trust to take whatever plan forward and who is most likely to succeed.

On past performance, certainly on football related matters, it seems he vast majority of the support do not have confidence in Rod Petrie and indeed many would consider him to be a hindrance in achieving any footballing ambitions. For those reasons he has been asked to step down.

ALF TUPPER
31-05-2014, 03:22 PM
Stage 2 or 3 ?? What are they?

Details please guys ?

emerald green
31-05-2014, 03:33 PM
BBC asked Rod to apear but they met with silence, seems we are not even worth a response.

Typical really. What's he so afraid of? Yet there are still people on these threads still defending him.

Is there some good reason people like me (a mere supporter) are not aware of that prevents him sparing a few words to the BBC? I just do not get it.

number 27
31-05-2014, 03:33 PM
Stage 2 or 3 ?? What are they?

Details please guys ?

I think stage 2 is a five year plan to be followed by stage 3 which will be a "wind of change"

Pretty Boy
31-05-2014, 03:38 PM
Typical really. What's he so afraid of? Yet there are still people on these threads still defending him.

Is there some good reason people like me (a mere supporter) are not aware of that prevents him sparing a few words to the BBC? I just do not get it.

I think Rod hopes by keeping quiet the vacuum will lead to in fighting and divisions amongst fans which will ultimately weaken any campaign.

Hate to say but it looks like he's playing a blinder so far.

Greenworld
31-05-2014, 03:38 PM
I think stage 2 is a five year plan to be followed by stage 3 which will be a "wind of change"

Kano said that he was sworn to secrecy and it had to remain confidential .......check mate

Bostonhibby
31-05-2014, 03:40 PM
he disnae ken about it either, it was a cock and bull story made up tae flannel those fans who wasted their time at his last question and nae answer session.

:agree: The old 5 year plan is beginning to sound more and more like the old double secret probation that Dean Wormer imposed on all the students in National Lampoons Animal House

http://movieclips.com/rpCVb-animal-house-movie-double-secret-probation/

number 27
31-05-2014, 03:43 PM
Kano said that he was sworn to secrecy and it had to remain confidential .......check mate

Sorry, I'm probably just not thinking straight but I don't understand what you mean by "check mate"

Benny Brazil
31-05-2014, 03:44 PM
I think Rod hopes by keeping quiet the vacuum will lead to in fighting and divisions amongst fans which will ultimately weaken any campaign.

PB - you at were the meeting the other day - any indication of what Kano is talking about in a stage 2 or stage 3?
If it wasnt mentioned then why is Kano saying this on the radio - are the leading 4 working in the background without the fans knowledge?

Greenworld
31-05-2014, 03:49 PM
Sorry, I'm probably just not thinking straight but I don't understand what you mean by "check mate"

Rod wont say what his plans are kano cant say what his plans are.....game of chess

Pretty Boy
31-05-2014, 03:51 PM
PB - you at were the meeting the other day - any indication of what Kano is talking about in a stage 2 or stage 3?
If it wasnt mentioned then why is Kano saying this on the radio - are the leading 4 working in the background without the fans knowledge?

Nothing was said about stages 2 and 3 at the meeting.

It was said that nothing would happen without fan support though so whatever any subsequent stages are I think they a) rely on Rod going and b) communicating with the fans again as and when point a is acheived.

emerald green
31-05-2014, 03:51 PM

If you are right, that would indicate to me (FWIW) that he has no intention of really relinquishing control at the club after LD arrives to take up her post.

You are definitely right about in fighting and divisions amongst the supporters. Classic divide and conquer tactics.

Greenworld
31-05-2014, 03:53 PM

Mike reiley mentioned something as well in one of his interviews about things in the background now I think about it never gave it much thought at the time..

Deansy
31-05-2014, 03:54 PM
If Kano and co are "only speaking up for the fans" then they shouldnt saying things like stage 2 or 3 or whatever. Theyre only focus is in getting Petrie out as far as I am led to believe.

People were moaning that Kano & Co had no other plans or that it was all too-hasty or ill thought-out and their only aim is to get Petrie out. One of them (can't remember who ?) has said they've been discussing the situation at Hibs for some time so they obviously have alternatives to offer. I think what Paul Kane has said about 'Stages 2/3' is to assure people that their action isn't being done 'off-the-cuff' or made-up as they go along.

number 27
31-05-2014, 03:55 PM
Rod wont say what his plans are kano cant say what his plans are.....game of chess

Ah, righto, too much sun today, I think Hibs.net might be too much for me at the moment.

Cropley10
31-05-2014, 04:11 PM

When did Kano say he was sworn to secrecy and who did he say this to then?

offshorehibby
31-05-2014, 04:17 PM
My worry is they're claiming to talk for the whole Hibernian support if they're adding stages on of their own back, their not speaking for me.

I feel sorry for LD coming in the way things have gone i'm willing to wait and see what the original wind of changes was going to be. Trouble is fans will wont her to answer every question and solve every problem in her first week.

Greenworld
31-05-2014, 04:20 PM
When did Kano say he was sworn to secrecy and who did he say this to then?

On the radio mate the guys tried to quiz him but said he couldn't say

Spike Mandela
31-05-2014, 04:23 PM
Irrespective of your feelings towards Petrie, Kano or anybody else I think we need a big turnout at this rally next Saturday. We really need to let everyone know, Farmer Petrie and the media just how deep the mood is for change. A half hearted turnout and nothing will change we will just get the usual platitudes thrown at us about working together.

down-the-slope
31-05-2014, 04:38 PM
does anybody ken the destination (apart from the championship) of petrie's magical mystery 5 year bus tour? We should stick with him though when he winnae tell anybody?

:aok: we ken your views ... the CD's on repeat :wink:

Where did I say we should stick with him (Petrie)?

I was asking about the campaigns 'destination' as fine you know

down-the-slope
31-05-2014, 04:43 PM

And thats my concern...lets say that 2 & 3 were TB / MM out ....and fan ownership - then while a majority will support 1 the it will tail of for the others and to try and use the 'fans are behind us' from 1 would be disingenuous

Hibrandenburg
31-05-2014, 05:49 PM

You don't play chess do you "mate"?

jdships
31-05-2014, 06:28 PM
Put Kane in the same bracket as Mackay at Tynecastle . He's been sounding off for long enough now without really saying anything of importance or credibility .
Smell of " Personal agenda's " unfortunately !!

:confused:

Kaff
31-05-2014, 06:29 PM
And thats my concern...lets say that 2 & 3 were TB / MM out ....and fan ownership - then while a majority will support 1 the it will tail of for the others and to try and use the 'fans are behind us' from 1 would be disingenuous

You have spoken as much sense as anybody on this situation down-the-slope. I think you have been involved on the Lets Work Together meetings, I hope you have an input with a supporters group or similar and your opinion is sought

Kaiser1962
31-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Put Kane in the same bracket as Mackay at Tynecastle . He's been sounding off for long enough now without really saying anything of importance or credibility .

There's a lot of it about. :agree:

Smartie
31-05-2014, 07:41 PM

He's been sounding off for a while but not without good reason. He's mates with Yogi and Collins who were badly treated by Hibs (and Petrie) so he has every right to be pee'd off. He played for the club, has always supported the club, has businesses near the club - he has no agenda to ever see Hibs fail and has nothing other than the best interests of the club at heart.

Ok, we've been poor for a while but we've just been relegated ffs. Now he seems to be stepping it up a notch.

MacKay helped usher in Romanov at Hearts so his opinions must have held some weight somewhere, even if it was just getting the fans onside (they may or may not view this as having been a good thing).

Kano is exactly the kind of guy we need to be getting us rallied. Remember, it's early days. He's well connected and may yet come up with something interesting.

Phil D. Rolls
31-05-2014, 07:44 PM

I think he's brighter and more savvy than MacKay.

timewilltell
31-05-2014, 07:47 PM

Really???

Col2
Listened to podcast. Thought he came over well. It's not rocket science. Petrie has been in charge of Hibs over a 7 year period which has seen us deteriorate so bad that we have been relegated from a league that didn't even have Rangers or a strong Hearts team.

He won't even engage with the media or us as supporters to justify his stance. Kano is the visible spokesman just now given his ties and while is not super media experienced, he gets all his points across well enough.

jdships
He's been sounding off for a while but not without good reason. He's mates with Yogi and Collins who were badly treated by Hibs (and Petrie) so he has every right to be pee'd off. He played for the club, has always supported the club, has businesses near the club - he has no agenda to ever see Hibs fail and has nothing other than the best interests of the club at heart.

Ok, we've been poor for a while but we've just been relegated ffs. Now he seems to be stepping it up a notch.

MacKay helped usher in Romanov at Hearts so his opinions must have held some weight somewhere, even if it was just getting the fans onside (they may or may not view this as having been a good thing).

Kano is exactly the kind of guy we need to be getting us rallied. Remember, it's early days. He's well connected and may yet come up with something interesting.

You make some good points and I can only offer an opinion based on what I saw and heard when in PK's company . ( three times lately)
On each occasion he went out of his way to be " friends" with everybody regardless of what they said !!
A born diplomat or just biding his time for the "real Paul Kane to please stand up" ?
Time will tell :greengrin:wink:

Phil D. Rolls
31-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Really???

Yes, but the bar is very low.

I'm pretty sure Kano knows what he's doing.

Col2
31-05-2014, 07:48 PM

I agree. Neither are media specialists but Kano comes over well.

Gus Fring
31-05-2014, 07:51 PM
After listening in the car on the way home I have to say that I am worried by some of the comments made.

"Stage 2 and 3" are worrying because nobody seems to have a clue what they are.

Calling Leeann "the girl" came across as ignorant and dismissive and dare I say a little bit sexist.

Add that on to the 95% number as well as the confusion about all the different fans groups being represented and it's hard to lend my support.

I want Petrie out and will be happy when he has gone but I can't in good conscience support the people leading this particular charge.

147lothian
31-05-2014, 08:11 PM
Why would we not want to listen to someone who is a life long Hibby and has inside knowledge on the running of the club?

RIP
31-05-2014, 09:12 PM
You have spoken as much sense as anybody on this situation down-the-slope. I think you have been involved on the Lets Work Together meetings, I hope you have an input with a supporters group or similar and your opinion is sought

LD's invited the Working Together team and affiliated groups to Easter Road on Saturday. Will be interesting to hear what DTS and others report back.

JimBHibees
31-05-2014, 09:18 PM
After listening in the car on the way home I have to say that I am worried by some of the comments made.

"Stage 2 and 3" are worrying because nobody seems to have a clue what they are.

Calling Leeann "the girl" came across as ignorant and dismissive and dare I say a little bit sexist. D

Add that on to the 95% number as well as the confusion about all the different fans groups being represented and it's hard to lend my support.

I want Petrie out and will be happy when he has gone but I can't in good conscience support the people leading this particular charge.

Frankly a disgusting comment and shows a level of ignorance we could do without. Never really cared for Kano's rent a quote nature.

Forza Fred
31-05-2014, 10:12 PM
This thread, unfortunately like many in current times, has a distinct yammish aroma about it,

Guess we'll just have to get used to it.

If I can suggest the perhaps bleeding obvious....the people currently heading our Petrie Out campaign are not seasoned politicians, and WILL occasionally make media mistakes.

They are humans, and as someone who has in a previous life, spent some time in front of a microphone..it is inevitable that after a broadcast at some point you will think...hmm..perhaps not such a good idea to hae said that.

Accept this, they will learn and improve.

Personally, I am delighted that the people involved are giving up their time and putting their heads above the parapet on our behalf.

It would be easier for them to sit in the pub and complain about what should be done, as opposed to actually do something about it.

Having said that, I agree that talk, if was mentioned of a stage 2 and stage 3 was one of those media errors I was referring to.

One of the things about this whole leadership thingy is, it's easier to lead a group of people if they know where you are taking them from the start of the journey, and not add detours after the journey has started.

I think Kano would be pondering that now.

FranckSuzy
31-05-2014, 10:19 PM
Frankly a disgusting comment and shows a level of ignorance we could do without. Never really cared for Kano's rent a quote nature.

Bit OTT, naw? It was perhaps 'unfortunate' or 'mistaken' but "disgusting"? :confused:

You may not care for Kano but at least he's actually doing something about what he feels is an untenable situation and has said as much for many years.

SMAXXA
31-05-2014, 11:23 PM
Stage 2 and 3 fresh interest and investment along with all the more engagement and representation with fans from the club?

Saorsa
31-05-2014, 11:45 PM

:confused:personal agendas, sounds like the **** running Hibs. as for his credibility :faf:

JimBHibees
01-06-2014, 07:40 AM
Bit OTT, naw? It was perhaps 'unfortunate' or 'mistaken' but "disgusting"? :confused:

You may not care for Kano but at least he's actually doing something about what he feels is an untenable situation and has said as much for many years.

Agree that was a bit ott, sorry about that. You are right with the second part also.

Jack
01-06-2014, 09:41 AM
Stage 2 and 3 fresh interest and investment along with all the more engagement and representation with fans from the club?

We've been told LD will be setting out the winds of change which I understand has been influenced by the Working Together people to a lesser or greater degree. We'll have to wait and see.

Whatever Paul Kane has planned will have been influenced by those around him - the support.

I'll wager there's huge areas in both that will overlap.

The point though is who should be our leader, taking the club forward?

The infrastructure is complete, no requirement for expertise there. On the football side our current leader has failed us miserably. This is where the winds of change must begin for our football club. Very few of us have faith Rod can successfully deliver.

HibbySpurs
01-06-2014, 10:16 AM
Wouldn't give them the time of day after them creaming themselves when we got relegated... BBC GTF

Fixed that for you.

SMAXXA
01-06-2014, 10:20 AM
We've been told LD will be setting out the winds of change which I understand has been influenced by the Working Together people to a lesser or greater degree. We'll have to wait and see.

Whatever Paul Kane has planned will have been influenced by those around him - the support.

I'll wager there's huge areas in both that will overlap.

The point though is who should be our leader, taking the club forward?

The infrastructure is complete, no requirement for expertise there. On the football side our current leader has failed us miserably. This is where the winds of change must begin for our football club. Very few of us have faith Rod can successfully deliver.

Leanne should be our leader going forward is my belief. Let's not discount everyone in this role and suggest a new fans orientated person or whoever should take it up just because we have a CEO that we have lost confidence in. Leanne deserves to have a go at turning us around with the support structure in place with fan and community involvement which I'm sure he will.

Smartie
01-06-2014, 10:49 AM
Leanne should be our leader going forward is my belief. Let's not discount everyone in this role and suggest a new fans orientated person or whoever should take it up just because we have a CEO that we have lost confidence in. Leanne deserves to have a go at turning us around with the support structure in place with fan and community involvement which I'm sure he will.

I agree - she comes with excellent credentials and deserves our support. But she also deserves the support of everyone within the club, and not to have to work with a discredited chairman pulling the strings behind the scenes placing restrictions that undermine everything she does. I don't think we have the confidence in Petrie to leave her alone to get on with it.

RIP
01-06-2014, 12:45 PM
Paul Kane (representing the Former Players Association) and Mike Riley (Hibs Supporters Association) are both invitees to Leeann's meeting with Working Together on Saturday. Hibs.Net are another one of the groups represented.

Hopefully that meeting will be productive and full details will be posted up on here?

JustSimplyHibs
01-06-2014, 01:04 PM
Paul Kane (representing the Former Players Association) and Mike Riley (Hibs Supporters Association) are both invitees to Leeann's meeting with Working Together on Saturday. Hibs.Net are another one of the groups represented.

Hopefully that meeting will be productive and full details will be posted up on here?

Good, let's hope Leeann gets a good understanding of what the fans expect to see football wise from this club, with clear goals set out by the end of the meeting.

Hope some of the goals include, promotion at the least - first time of asking, with the board fully backing and striving to get the manager's primary targets, a proper and full review of Hibernian's youth academy/set-up/scouting - even seeking advice/help from UEFA and FIFA as well as successful academies seen in Holland, Germany and England.

As for the club... well if you want every fan signing from the same hymn sheet at the start of this new dawn then hopefully, by the end of the meeting the new sheriff in town can give assurances that Petrie will be no-where near the footballing decisions when his job-share duties cease.

Springbank
01-06-2014, 04:38 PM
This will never get anywhere unless the stage 2 and stage3 vision is spelled out clearly

What the club has lacked is a vision and the right culture to then get on and achieve it

Calling something a secret (stage 2,3or62) does not help.

Let's hear the vision and take a view on it as adults.

Glorious St Pat
01-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Irrespective of your feelings towards Petrie, Kano or anybody else I think we need a big turnout at this rally next Saturday. We really need to let everyone know, Farmer Petrie and the media just how deep the mood is for change. A half hearted turnout and nothing will change we will just get the usual platitudes thrown at us about working together.

:top marksFrom what I hear there are plans in offing from Kano and gang but some Hibbies still wish to play the waiting game and stick with the rotten core that is this current board and Petrie.

Glorious St Pat
01-06-2014, 08:42 PM
This will never get anywhere unless the stage 2 and stage3 vision is spelled out clearly

What the club has lacked is a vision and the right culture to then get on and achieve it

Calling something a secret (stage 2,3or62) does not help.

Let's hear the vision and take a view on it as adults.

I am sure the plan will come out...from what I hear there definitely is one but they are keeping their cards close to their chest for now.

Jonnyboy
01-06-2014, 08:43 PM
:top marksFrom what I hear there are plans in offing from Kano and gang but some Hibbies still wish to play the waiting game and stick with the rotten core that is this current board and Petrie.

Maybe they fear jumping from the frying pan into the fire? One lot's secret plan being replaced by, erm another lots secret plan?

I want RP out but I also want to know the plans to take my club forward

Gustavo Fring
01-06-2014, 09:21 PM

:top marks hit the nail right on the head

ScottB
01-06-2014, 09:29 PM
You can both want Petrie out, but want to know the motives of those who appear to be manoeuvring themselves to be the ones to take over.

I want Petrie out, the relationship is broken, there's no trust there. I'd like to know what the groups / people leading this effort stand for, because if they are hinting at further steps in the future beyond the departure of Rod, then they've clearly been making plans, plans that I see no reason as to why they should be kept secret from us, particularly when they seem so keen to proclaim 95% of us back them in their effort to remove Rod.