PDA

View Full Version : Blame

Expecting Rain
31-05-2014, 09:12 AM
Is the proportion of blame aimed at Petrie reasonable ? In theory the majority of appointments with the possible exception of Fenlon were greeted with enthusiasm in one way or another also the lenient punishment handed out to our rivals for overspending to the extent of tens of millions is laughable.
We capped our wages and were subsequently told by many that we were amongst the best run clubs in Britain, the biggest problem and the most important is the product on the field, does the blame not lie with most of the managers who either thew their toys out the pram when not handed millions to spend or decided that they were homesick or the players who decide that they training was too tough and couldn`t handle any form of discipline.
My own thoughts are that Petrie didn`t back John Hughes when we were sitting near the top of the league with the likes of Stokes, Fletcher and Miller in the team these guys were replaced by the likes of Nish, Keenan and co.......................
Presently prior to our relegation decider Petrie was talking about massive changes and reading many of the posts on this board it almost seems like we are wiping the slate clean and maybe on reflection that it is what is needed, if the likes of Hanlon, Stanton, Cummins and Harris still want to remain with us, they should prove it by staying with us, even with a wage cut and i hope they do. We`ve had too many wage thieves playing for us last season and it looks like they are going to do alright next year with their respective premier clubs, so much for justice.
Finally if we are so determined to get rid of the chairman should the pledge be that we will all buy season tickets if he resigns, should we be so convinced that he is totally to blame?

bobbyhibs1983
31-05-2014, 10:04 AM
Its a fair question really.I think if im honest and looking at from like a distance i think he is maybe half to blame.

Since 2007(the cup win) we seem to have been on a downword trend.We have changed managers a few times,/had different coaches,had alot of different players, spent some money over the past 6/7years(how much in total in that period with composation to managers/players(?)) and transfers n what not im unsure how much in total.

but in the sense, the only thing i think has been consistant in that period are the fans and petrie.Though in looking at it again im unsure if there have been any other directors/peeple in the boardroom whom have been here from around 2007 to now

so i guess i think petrie/the board(whoever has been here since 2007) and the players have all contributed to our failings.

Hope this may answer your question or atleast part of it

greenpaper55
31-05-2014, 10:08 AM
It is a fair question and the fans generally were in favour of the appointments only because they were glad to see the back of the previous one ! The fans cannot be blamed for the bad choices whether we wanted them or not, the only one who chose them was RP which he was paid a lot of cash to do.

Expecting Rain
31-05-2014, 10:19 AM
Its a fair question really.I think if im honest and looking at from like a distance i think he is maybe half to blame.

Since 2007(the cup win) we seem to have been on a downword trend.We have changed managers a few times,/had different coaches,had alot of different players, spent some money over the past 6/7years(how much in total in that period with composation to managers/players(?)) and transfers n what not im unsure how much in total.

but in the sense, the only thing i think has been consistant in that period are the fans and petrie.Though in looking at it again im unsure if there have been any other directors/peeple in the boardroom whom have been here from around 2007 to now

so i guess i think petrie/the board(whoever has been here since 2007) and the players have all contributed to our failings.

Hope this may answer your question or atleast part of it

Yes, ultimately he would be responsible for our latest position but all the hostility and that seems a kind word given the reaction of some to be loaded at one person, i could quite easily pick faults with most of the managers and players including some who it seems can do no wrong in the eyes of their worshipers.
Bobby, regarding the league cup win, i think we did well to hold on to these players in order to win that cup, as usual we had to sell the best of them in order to service the debts unlike others who gained a massive advantage by spending money on players they couldn`t afford, i can`t believe that a lot of people seem to be so dismissive of that period in scottish football, these clubs are portrayed as victims, i think that we and all the clubs that cut their cloth and played by the rules are the victims in this sorry mess.

puff the dragon
31-05-2014, 11:05 AM
Here's my slant on it - Hughes, Fenlon and Butcher are NOT bad managers. They all have the proof of that in their cv's, however when they came to hibs something was not right and that has to be the constant interference or hand tying by Petrie (loan signings only etc). These managers have failed at hibs due to the environment created.

calderwood on the other hand is a bad manager, but Petrie didn't cut him loose early enough and not taking the money from Birmingham was scandalous.

Petrie and his yes men on the board are to blame.

Brizo
31-05-2014, 11:08 AM
Relegations been the catalyst for an outpouring of discontent that's been bubbling along for a number of years ; probably since the aftermath of the 2007 Cup win.

Petrie, the board, the club, are paying the price not only for seasons of mediocrity followed by this disasterous one ; but for failing to engage with the fans. There have been many threads over the last few years from people who have contacted the club with genuine concerns or suggestions who have received no reply or a generic stock reply.

It doesn't matter what business you are in, if you take your customers for granted and treat them like sh@t, they wont forget that. Its too little too late that organisations like LWT have been invited in for discussions and at the same time as that initiative, individual fans / customers continue to be treated with contempt.

Petries not been helped by a smug aloof and superior manner. I could imagine having a pint in the Hibs Club with Cromb, O'Malley or McPherson but not with Petrie. He'd probably ask to see the wine list.

Petries definitely part of the problem. How much im not sure as I don't know how much financial autonomy he has before he has to get authority from STF. I can understand why the fan campaign is concentrating on "Petrie out" but im not convinced that it will change a business model ultimately set by STF. What it will hopefully do us bring in a new mind set to the Hibs boardroom where fans are respected, appreciated and listened to.

heidtheba
31-05-2014, 11:38 AM
Great question and one I've been thinking about since Sunday. Can totally understand fans who have given up time and lots of money to see the team get slaughtered the way they have been. Also understand the frustration having gone through this when I attended regularly and had STs back in 97/98.

But there are a few things I don't get.

Petrie, IMHO, really did splash the cash back in 2009. Liam Miller and Anthony Stokes were real marquee signings, added to the previous season's lot of Murray, Bamba and Riordan. Well done Petrie then - but this team still threw that season. Yeah we got fourth but I'll never forget the Motherwell 6-6 game. That surely couldn't be put on Petrie. Not that result, but my feeling during of the game, when we went 6-2 up thinking 'we're still not out of this yet'.

This season, from what I'm led to believe on here, he was down in England to sign Griffiths, a player we all knew we wanted but one which quite a few on here hadn't been fussed on keeping at all the year before.

He brought in Butcher. So far its been nothing short of a disaster and, yes I accept that many of our managers have been welcomed mainly because the people they have replaced have been keech BUT there was, from many on here, real happiness that we hadn't scrimped on getting in that team...and paid to do so.

Ok he didn't get us Rooney and Flood when apparently we were in for them. He allowed a lot to be shelled out on Collins. He shelled out on the stadium and the youth and training centre...now having paid for this, whose fault is it that we aren't getting young players through that couldn't challenge the likes of McGivern and Nelson? They are dire. Really dire. What more could he have done there to bring through youth players? How come we seem to constantly fail in that area recently?

Whose fault is it we've signed utter garbage rather than using youth? Whose fault is it that we've signed players who many on here were happy about but turned out to be rubbish?

In the last two years I remember many on here saying 'snap up McPake', 'get McGivern'...and he did. Whose fault is it they turned out to be so completely crap?

I accept he might not have allowed the buying and paying for for a team which could do really well...but I'm sure that he didn't buy a team bad enough to lose against Hamilton (at home...with a 2 goal head start). Did he buy a team so crap they would lose to Malmo that badly?

IMHO he made mistakes with Calderwood, not getting Griffiths, not getting Flood and Rooney (if these are all the way they happened as presented on here...) but he also paid out a large amount for Collins...(again, possibly disputed on here), got us a stadium and possibly a youth set up that 'should' be delivering far more results than they have.

Is fault to be found with him? Yes.
Is he a constant through our years of failure? Yes.
Did he botch up with the players rebellion during Collins time? Yes.
Did he only allow us a team which could only ever be relegated...No, not in my opinion.
Is it his fault we couldn't hold out against Hamilton? No

bobbyhibs1983
31-05-2014, 11:42 AM
Yes, ultimately he would be responsible for our latest position but all the hostility and that seems a kind word given the reaction of some to be loaded at one person, i could quite easily pick faults with most of the managers and players including some who it seems can do no wrong in the eyes of their worshipers.
Bobby, regarding the league cup win, i think we did well to hold on to these players in order to win that cup, as usual we had to sell the best of them in order to service the debts unlike others who gained a massive advantage by spending money on players they couldn`t afford, i can`t believe that a lot of people seem to be so dismissive of that period in scottish football, these clubs are portrayed as victims, i think that we and all the clubs that cut their cloth and played by the rules are the victims in this sorry mess.

I do tend to agree with everything you have said henry.As you have rightly said we, as a club have played by the rules but it is so damn frustrating that you see the smug (a few choice words here) over the road who have done the opposite of us and 9 our of 10times beat us.

As for petrie he does have to take a bit of the blame, as i said i think half the blame.As a poster above as said butcher,fenlon,hughes were good managers, something has happend at our club, what *that * problem/issue is i dont think is done to one person i think its a combined issue of things,I guess the only thing i can see in common over the last 6/7 years is we have had a chairman(and maybe some other of the board/directors?) who have been at the top over this period.
Now if , we, the fans can see our decline over the years why 1,cant the board(though you could argue they have changed the manager/players have came and gone) and
2 put the problems,/issues right.

The only problem with having problems/issues is not dealing with them and well i feel we as a club have many of those, but we dont seem to sit down and go heres the problems,heres the issues and heres what we are gonna do to fix them.

heidtheba
31-05-2014, 11:52 AM
Can I add one other thing?

Petrie's frugality, if that's cost us more than crap management, has failed this year far more clearly than any other year because, IMHO, of the Hearts situation. They overspent, cheated and won two cups and lorded it over us. And got relegation as a punishment. We skimped on players (although I don't believe player for player that we were the second worst team in the league) and our punishment was relegation.

Although I'm glad we didnt do what Hearts did, for moral and business reasons, it does hurt that the end result appears to be the same for both clubs. Minus two cups and a great result.

bobbyhibs1983
31-05-2014, 11:53 AM

Whose fault is it we've signed utter garbage rather than using youth? Whose fault is it that we've signed players who many on here were happy about but turned out to be rubbish?

In the last two years I remember many on here saying 'snap up McPake', 'get McGivern'...and he did. Whose fault is it they turned out to be so completely crap?

very intresting post and im gonna just address a part of your post(above)
There have been a thread on here in the last few days about our youth set up with the gent bill hendry i think(could be wrong?) and will there seems to be somethign wrong there,weather those are stories,rumours whatever i think us as fans can see we have an issue with youth players coming through, though we have had harris and stanton come through.
There must be somethign the club(as in the 1st team) are doing wrong with the training to have therse good/average players turning bad
i guess it comes down to the managers and coaches imho

Deansy
31-05-2014, 11:55 AM
The fans didn't appoint the managers who turned out bad/poor for Hibs, nor are the fans responsible for the atmosphere (or whatever the reason is) that causes a succession of previously decent players/managers have all failed or looked like the had lost interest in the game. The fans are to be applauded for season-after-season, turning up in large numbers despite the on-field dross they've been forced to watch. Yet, somehow, the fans are 'part of the problems at ER' ??

Hibs Class
31-05-2014, 12:15 PM
I don't want Petrie out because I blame him for the past. He's done some good things and he's made mistakes. I want him gone because I don't believe he's the right person for our future.

The Leith Dutch
31-05-2014, 12:35 PM
I don't want Petrie out because I blame him for the past. He's done some good things and he's made mistakes. I want him gone because I don't believe he's the right person for our future.

This.

For me it's not personal and it's not about blame.

For the record I have respect for what Rod Petrie has done for the club in terms of infrastructure and financial stability but we now need someone who understands how to drive us forward as a footballing power.

At the risk of sounding like a happy clapper that person should understand the following.

We need clear targets for where we want to be: challenging at the top end of Scottish football and playing exciting, attacking football based on a passing game.

This style of football is non-negociable and should be played by everyone that pulls on a jersey for the club be they 5 or 55 and it needs to be backed by any manager the club employs.

It's a style of football that can tap the large market of Hibs fans and can result in a full stadium leaving only one choice of who to support for a young football fan in Edinburgh.

Argylehibby
31-05-2014, 12:44 PM
Great question and one I've been thinking about since Sunday. Can totally understand fans who have given up time and lots of money to see the team get slaughtered the way they have been. Also understand the frustration having gone through this when I attended regularly and had STs back in 97/98.

But there are a few things I don't get.

Petrie, IMHO, really did splash the cash back in 2009. Liam Miller and Anthony Stokes were real marquee signings, added to the previous season's lot of Murray, Bamba and Riordan. Well done Petrie then - but this team still threw that season. Yeah we got fourth but I'll never forget the Motherwell 6-6 game. That surely couldn't be put on Petrie. Not that result, but my feeling during of the game, when we went 6-2 up thinking 'we're still not out of this yet'.

This season, from what I'm led to believe on here, he was down in England to sign Griffiths, a player we all knew we wanted but one which quite a few on here hadn't been fussed on keeping at all the year before.

He brought in Butcher. So far its been nothing short of a disaster and, yes I accept that many of our managers have been welcomed mainly because the people they have replaced have been keech BUT there was, from many on here, real happiness that we hadn't scrimped on getting in that team...and paid to do so.

Ok he didn't get us Rooney and Flood when apparently we were in for them. He allowed a lot to be shelled out on Collins. He shelled out on the stadium and the youth and training centre...now having paid for this, whose fault is it that we aren't getting young players through that couldn't challenge the likes of McGivern and Nelson? They are dire. Really dire. What more could he have done there to bring through youth players? How come we seem to constantly fail in that area recently?

I accept he might not have allowed the buying and paying for for a team which could do really well...but I'm sure that he didn't buy a team bad enough to lose against Hamilton (at home...with a 2 goal head start). Did he buy a team so crap they would lose to Malmo that badly?

IMHO he made mistakes with Calderwood, not getting Griffiths, not getting Flood and Rooney (if these are all the way they happened as presented on here...) but he also paid out a large amount for Collins...(again, possibly disputed on here), got us a stadium and possibly a youth set up that 'should' be delivering far more results than they have.

Is fault to be found with him? Yes.
Is he a constant through our years of failure? Yes.
Did he botch up with the players rebellion during Collins time? Yes.
Did he only allow us a team which could only ever be relegated...No, not in my opinion.
Is it his fault we couldn't hold out against Hamilton? No

No one person or group of people are to blame for our current position but some must shoulder more of the blame than others.

In my eyes relegation lies firmly at the feet of Terry Butcher. A team in mid table in no danger and he knocked the confidence in our ability to stay up out of the players and the fans. He brought in 3 players in January that were no better or indeed were worse than we already had and after 6 months in charge was no nearer finding our strongest team than he was after 6 minutes in the job.

In respect to Petrie yes fault lies with him too but nowhere near as much of it as TB should shoulder. Some of the managerial appointments were poor in the extreme and keeping Calderwood on rather than letting him go was probably the biggest mistake of all. On not buying players and being too tight with the cash for wages I'm on Petries side for that accusation. We have all revelled in the situation across the city and the fact they are still alive after all their cheating beggers belief. Yet having slated them for the way the conducted their business we criticise our own club for not following suit? Tom English revealed that for just a few hundred quid a week we could have had Flood and Rooney completly ignoring the cumulative total of that and the fact that others would look for increased wages to bring them on par with the new guys. Gareth Bale signed for Madrid and immediately thereafter Ronaldo got a pay rise. I think it's in his contract but is an indication that players see their worth in relation to the others in the squad and therefore want parity in pay.

The Griffiths situation is frequently raised on here and the fact that we should have got him from Wolves. As I understand it LG went to see Wolves shortly after they got their new manager in and was supposed to tell them he wanted to leave Wolves and stay on in Scotland given his family situation. Hibs would then conclude the deal as Wolves cut their losses. The plan backfired however when LG returned to Hibs having signed a new improved contract at Wolves and manager and board were left to take the blame. That came from inside the boardroom at ER, prior to our last league game of that season against Dundee.

Does Petrie have too much control over the playing side? I don't know and in truth very few people do. What constitutes too much control anyway? Does he select the team, I don't know but I would doubt it. Does he ask for explanations of team selection following a game? Again I don't know but I would hope so, the manager needs to be accountable and should be expected to justify selection, etc.

Should RP leave now, probably but he is not the single cause of failure at ER that many seem to believe. Many on here felt that it was the time for Fenlon to leave and look what happened when he did.

heidtheba
31-05-2014, 01:38 PM
No one person or group of people are to blame for our current position but some must shoulder more of the blame than others.

In my eyes relegation lies firmly at the feet of Terry Butcher. A team in mid table in no danger and he knocked the confidence in our ability to stay up out of the players and the fans. He brought in 3 players in January that were no better or indeed were worse than we already had and after 6 months in charge was no nearer finding our strongest team than he was after 6 minutes in the job.

In respect to Petrie yes fault lies with him too but nowhere near as much of it as TB should shoulder. Some of the managerial appointments were poor in the extreme and keeping Calderwood on rather than letting him go was probably the biggest mistake of all. On not buying players and being too tight with the cash for wages I'm on Petries side for that accusation. We have all revelled in the situation across the city and the fact they are still alive after all their cheating beggers belief. Yet having slated them for the way the conducted their business we criticise our own club for not following suit? Tom English revealed that for just a few hundred quid a week we could have had Flood and Rooney completly ignoring the cumulative total of that and the fact that others would look for increased wages to bring them on par with the new guys. Gareth Bale signed for Madrid and immediately thereafter Ronaldo got a pay rise. I think it's in his contract but is an indication that players see their worth in relation to the others in the squad and therefore want parity in pay.

The Griffiths situation is frequently raised on here and the fact that we should have got him from Wolves. As I understand it LG went to see Wolves shortly after they got their new manager in and was supposed to tell them he wanted to leave Wolves and stay on in Scotland given his family situation. Hibs would then conclude the deal as Wolves cut their losses. The plan backfired however when LG returned to Hibs having signed a new improved contract at Wolves and manager and board were left to take the blame. That came from inside the boardroom at ER, prior to our last league game of that season against Dundee.

Does Petrie have too much control over the playing side? I don't know and in truth very few people do. What constitutes too much control anyway? Does he select the team, I don't know but I would doubt it. Does he ask for explanations of team selection following a game? Again I don't know but I would hope so, the manager needs to be accountable and should be expected to justify selection, etc.

Should RP leave now, probably but he is not the single cause of failure at ER that many seem to believe. Many on here felt that it was the time for Fenlon to leave and look what happened when he did.

This. I don't think he did himself any favours by looking so passionless when the penalty shoot-out took place but I believe he's not done a bad job. Its just been highlighted more by the Hearts 'let off' that a frugal tight ship wins sod all.

Onion
31-05-2014, 06:53 PM
It's a reasonable question and something which has confused many fans who see the manager as the man responsible for everything football. When everything is going well, the manager gets praised, when not so well he gets the sack . That's how most clubs work and in most cases that's all fine. New manager comes in does a better job than previous and all's well again.

But sometimes it's not that simple. And that's the case at Hibs. Irrespective of whether we thought the last 5 or 6 managers were good appointments on paper, it still comes down to the simple case of performance on he field. This is a results business. And the last 5 or 6 managers at Hibs have all failed, some have been a disaster.

Accountability for these failures rests with the Hibs Board. Full stop. These poor appointments would normally be monitored and managed by the club's owner. And there's the rub. Our owner wouldn't know what football success/failure looked like if his life depended on it. The Board has therefore been accountable to no one and lost sight of the goals and measures of success for the football club.

Now, the Hibs fans are the only one's left that can bring a sense of reality and perspective to the mess created by the Board and management. On virtually every level this Board has failed the club. The manager may well yet pay for the teams failure with his job, and for good reason. But Petrie and the Hibs Board need to be brought to account first.

Expecting Rain
31-05-2014, 07:41 PM
Thanks to all the the people that have replied to this thread, I am not a member of any associated supporters club or Rod Petries family. I want the best for Hibs and everybody that cares.

matty_f
31-05-2014, 07:47 PM
I think the biggest failing on Petrie's part is that he grew the club without properly growing the structure to run the club. We have not had a Chief Exec since Scott Lindsay left, and Scott was running the gig with Fife Hyland. How do we see two key staff leave and not have them replaced?

IMHO, Hibs are and have been very poor organisationally for some time. There are good staff there, but they're over-worked and over-stretched and as a result things are not as they should be.

That was Petrie's job to fix, and it's only just being addressed now, which is too late.

southsider
31-05-2014, 07:49 PM
Agreed, Charlie Reid made the most compelling point of all. Petrie is the only Hibs Director in our 139 year history to have oversaw 2 relegations. Says it all.

Expecting Rain
31-05-2014, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=southsider;4042453]Agreed, Charlie Reid made the most compelling point of all. Petrie is the only Hibs Director in our 139 year history to have oversaw 2 relegations. Says it all.[/QUOT

He also overseen the appointment of McLeish and Mowbray.

s.a.m
01-06-2014, 08:43 AM
I think there are things for which he can be blamed: lack of dynamism, lack of ambition, failure to understand the need to engage with the fans, the apparent acceptability to him of a mediocre team.

Ironically though, the thing that has sparked the campaign to get him hunted is (IMO) something that he can't be blamed for. At the time of the last transfer window - when Butcher said he would to wait until the summer to get the people he really wanted - the collapse could not reasonably have been foreseen*. It appears (based on what I've read on here) to have been started by a bad judgement call by Butcher, compounded by some frankly bizarre selections and substitutions, and accelerated by the players' general uselessness / fecklessness / helplessness in the face of the increasingly fraught situation we found ourselves in. There were so many opportunities to prevent it along the way, and they were all shunned. The relegation unfolded like a Greek tragedy, and that's why it makes great fodder for the media.

* Other than by pathological pessimists like myself, who start every season worrying we will get relegated, go bust, get set upon by a plague of turbo-charged killer bees etc..
But that's not a rational response.

we are hibs
01-06-2014, 10:10 AM
We are forever looking for people to blame rather than looking for the solution.

Largshibby
01-06-2014, 10:59 AM
Is the proportion of blame aimed at Petrie reasonable ? In theory the majority of appointments with the possible exception of Fenlon were greeted with enthusiasm in one way or another also the lenient punishment handed out to our rivals for overspending to the extent of tens of millions is laughable.
We capped our wages and were subsequently told by many that we were amongst the best run clubs in Britain, the biggest problem and the most important is the product on the field, does the blame not lie with most of the managers who either thew their toys out the pram when not handed millions to spend or decided that they were homesick or the players who decide that they training was too tough and couldn`t handle any form of discipline.
My own thoughts are that Petrie didn`t back John Hughes when we were sitting near the top of the league with the likes of Stokes, Fletcher and Miller in the team these guys were replaced by the likes of Nish, Keenan and co.......................
Presently prior to our relegation decider Petrie was talking about massive changes and reading many of the posts on this board it almost seems like we are wiping the slate clean and maybe on reflection that it is what is needed, if the likes of Hanlon, Stanton, Cummins and Harris still want to remain with us, they should prove it by staying with us, even with a wage cut and i hope they do. We`ve had too many wage thieves playing for us last season and it looks like they are going to do alright next year with their respective premier clubs, so much for justice.
Finally if we are so determined to get rid of the chairman should the pledge be that we will all buy season tickets if he resigns, should we be so convinced that he is totally to blame?

The problem i have is that many of the things RP has done can be classed as either hard fact or based on rumour/speculation. For example:

Relatively successful in a business sense - FACT
Great stadium - FACT
Great training facilities - FACT
He doesn't kick a ball on the pitch - FACT
He doesn't take training - FACT
He doesn't call the substitutions - FACT
He sanctioned signing of decent players from our closest rivals - FACT
Signed managers that we were all pretty happy with at the time - FACT
He sits and watches the games along with the rest of us therefore must be a supporter - FACT
He could walk and double his salary elsewhere in the private sector - FACT
Doesn't cave in to excessive wage demands from players/agents hence no SEVCO/Jambos here - FACT
Posed for pictures in BTG with supporters before Killie game, no raised voices, no hard questions - FACT

Wouldnt pay an extra £500 pw for Flood, Rooney etc - SPECULATION
Caved in to player power v John Collins - SPECULATION
Turned down compensation to release Calderwood - SPECULATION
Happy to accept 3/4 choice players because they're cheap - SPECULATION

If blame is to be attributed for where we are it should not be solely placed at RP's door.

judas
01-06-2014, 11:01 AM

Just blame Petrie. It's what everyone else is doing. It's easier that way.

Onion
01-06-2014, 12:21 PM
We are forever looking for people to blame rather than looking for the solution.

Agreed, think we're all fed up looking for the people who have failed the club for the last 7 years - when it was the Board's job to do that. Our job is to enjoy our football and cheer on the team (dim and distant memory).

Happen the people who were to blame all along was the Hibs Board and Petrie in particular, who used manager sackings and promises of better days as a smoke-screen for their sheer incompetence. Well, looks like they've been rumbled at last and they don't like it.