PDA

View Full Version : SOS...Bring back Rob Jones!

Moon unit
31-05-2014, 07:38 AM
Believe he is currently doing his badges.....Big Rob is an articulate leader who loves the club and would be an inspiration to younger players and the sort of guy we need at Hibs!
:flag:

puff the dragon
31-05-2014, 07:41 AM
Believe he is currently doing his badges.....Big Rob is an articulate leader who loves the club and would be an inspiration to younger players and the sort of guy we need at Hibs!

Club captain when half the dressing room turned on Collins and ran to Petrie who backed them?

no thanks - too much baggage for the change we need.

Michael
31-05-2014, 07:51 AM
Club captain when half the dressing room turned on Collins and ran to Petrie who backed them?

no thanks - too much baggage for the change we need.

Are we ever going to forget about this? Apart from that incident he was a great captain and lifted a trophy.

I think it is embarrassing that half the dressing room turned on Collins, but I don't think it would be an issue if Jones came back.

puff the dragon
31-05-2014, 07:53 AM
Are we ever going to forget about this? Apart from that incident he was a great captain and lifted a trophy.

I think it is embarrassing that half the dressing room turned on Collins, but I don't think it would be an issue if Jones came back.

Think this is more than ever the time for a fresh start and the requirement is for people with no baggage to past failures coming in.

Crossgates Hibs
31-05-2014, 08:00 AM

Dont disagree but he is a big fan of RP which wouldn't go down well on here just now. We need to stop clinging to the past and build a bright new future.

judas
31-05-2014, 02:54 PM

Isn't Rob the guy who schemed behind the back of our once beloved managerial master, Collins?

Is that the kind of principled leadership we are looking for ?

Peevemor
31-05-2014, 03:04 PM
Isn't Rob the guy who schemed behind the back of our once beloved managerial master, Collins?

Is that the kind of principled leadership we are looking for ?

From my understanding of what went on, I don't think that's fair. He was the team captain but wasn't the one complaining.

judas
31-05-2014, 06:55 PM
From my understanding of what went on, I don't think that's fair. He was the team captain but wasn't the one complaining.

so as the captain he was unwilling to confront the manager directly?

Tricla
31-05-2014, 07:24 PM
This is pish. New blood required.

Scottie
31-05-2014, 07:47 PM
This is pish. New blood required.

:agree: Spot on

No more ex players or managers coming back to reserect their career's.The only ex players or managers should be in the hospitality suites or the stands watching.

GordonR
31-05-2014, 08:20 PM
This is the sort of misty-eyed nonsense that makes Celtic fans think that Henrik Larsson (managerial achievements to date: SFA at two diddy Swedish clubs) should be in with a shout for the Celtic job.

Peevemor
31-05-2014, 08:36 PM
so as the captain he was unwilling to confront the manager directly?

Maybe he did and got nowhere?

southsider
31-05-2014, 09:48 PM
Up in scotland doing his badges. Was at Hamilton away game. Spent most of the evening getting pics with Hibs youngsters. Always the upermost sepecct Rob. ggtth

edwards
31-05-2014, 10:04 PM
Liked him as a player and will always remember his goal at Hampden in the snow, unsure what he is doing or if terry will even be interested but right now we need experiance in goals experiance in the centre of defence, experiance in the centre of midfield and experiance up front to help us get back up.

Goalie [experiance]

right back
central defender [experiance]
left back

right midfield
central midfeilder [experiance]
left midfield

centre forward [eperiance]

We need a spine and players that will help us get back up.

IberianHibernian
31-05-2014, 10:10 PM
If he hadn`t played for us before would anyone be pleased if we signed him given his age , injuries etc ? I don`t remember him being a perticularly good player ( was surrounded by good players ) or captain ( Makalamby for example always seemed to play better when Jones didn`t play ) . If he`s doing training badges , maybe he could have a coaching post IF our next manager approves of it and we can afford it .

edwards
31-05-2014, 10:40 PM
If he hadn`t played for us before would anyone be pleased if we signed him given his age , injuries etc ? I don`t remember him being a perticularly good player ( was surrounded by good players ) or captain ( Makalamby for example always seemed to play better when Jones didn`t play ) . If he`s doing training badges , maybe he could have a coaching post IF our next manager approves of it and we can afford it .

Makalamby WHAT he was a bombscare, Rob Jones was one of the best central defenders we had in a long time and helped bring us the league cup. Hogg got found out when he left. :agree:

IberianHibernian
31-05-2014, 11:05 PM
Makalamby WHAT he was a bombscare, Rob Jones was one of the best central defenders we had in a long time and helped bring us the league cup. Hogg got found out when he left. :agree:I agree he was a good signing ( can`t remember but I think we paid a high transfer fee for him , something almost unthinkable now ) and he was a good player for the club and would never criticise him but that doesn`t mean I think we should re sign him ( if he wants to come back despite offers from English clubs I asume ) . Don`t agree about Hogg at all and still remember Makas performances without Jones as being much better without Jones than with him . In short , I`d rather see Forster or Nelson next season than Jones but I adnmit to not knowing much about Jones`fitness and motivation level .

Peevemor
31-05-2014, 11:34 PM
I've nothing at all against Rob Jones, but I remember toward the end of his time at ER somebody on here posted stats that showed we conceded less goals per game when RJ was out injured.

hibeejeebies
31-05-2014, 11:47 PM
The OP "always believes in Rob Jones."

That's how I was raised.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-06-2014, 01:05 PM
No sure that a big English defender fits the criteria needed for a Hibernian manager?:stirrer:

we are hibs
01-06-2014, 02:30 PM
Hogg and jones complimented each other. Hogg used to sweep up a lot of jones mistakes but jones was the main man for winning headers and when he didn't Hogg cleared up after him. Both gave their all every game too which is more than can be said for some of last seasons team.

The Modfather
01-06-2014, 04:00 PM
Still remember his performance in a 1-0 win at Ibrox to top the league. The Murph scored a header. Think it might also have been the game were scotsport showed us keeping the ball for literally 2 minutes with the orcs unable to get the ball back. His head was a magnate for the ball, dom 't think I've seen someone clear so many crosses.

Forget all the rest, when Collins had us purring what a team we were to watch!