PDA

View Full Version : Youth/EOS Team

dp00
30-05-2014, 11:34 PM
Looking around twitter it appears quite a few of these players have been released ...so even surprising James McDonaugh who I'm guessing is on holiday ... Anyone able to confirm ?

Ozyhibby
31-05-2014, 12:57 AM
In Turkey I think

Hibeesmad
31-05-2014, 01:11 AM
Apparently none of the players have been given new contracts. Haven't got a clue what's going on at this club. We will have no players at this rate

Hibeesmad
31-05-2014, 01:15 AM
Apparently Stevie McLeish is to return, was part of the coaching staff when Mixu was here?

Forza Fred
31-05-2014, 01:33 AM
Will we able to afforda youth set up like we have been used to?

Ringothedog
31-05-2014, 06:44 AM
Will we able to afforda youth set up like we have been used to?

Not a dig at you but I can't get my head round "we will have less money" mantra. We are getting a 500k parachute payment and our crowds will either stay the same or go up slightly. What I am saying is that the money should still be there to run a successful football club from top to bottom.

bingo70
31-05-2014, 07:03 AM
Apparently Stevie McLeish is to return, was part of the coaching staff when Mixu was here?

Used to be my coach at Edina hibs.

Great guy but we got hammered every week (not on the bevy) and I can assure you it was nothing to do with the goalie who was tremendous.

In all seriousness though I gather he did a lot of sports science stuff after he left Edina and know he's a big hibby so hope it works out for him of he is coming back

offshorehibby
31-05-2014, 08:29 AM
Not a dig at you but I can't get my head round "we will have less money" mantra. We are getting a 500k parachute payment and our crowds will either stay the same or go up slightly. What I am saying is that the money should still be there to run a successful football club from top to bottom.

I'm a bit like that as well. The main drop will be prize money, there is just over 400K drop in money between where we finished in 11th place and winning the championship. Hopefully the parachute payment will take care of this. Gate receipts will be down a bit but hopefully an early winning run will see crowds improve. Hard to say about TV money.

Severely cutting the youth set up at the moment will have a long term effect. The only changes we make to the youth set up at the moment is the new structure they are talking about.

SMAXXA
31-05-2014, 08:35 AM

Used to be my coach at Edina hibs.

Great guy but we got hammered every week (not on the bevy) and I can assure you it was nothing to do with the goalie who was tremendous.

In all seriousness though I gather he did a lot of sports science stuff after he left Edina and know he's a big hibby so hope it works out for him of he is coming back

Yeah he is taking up a role after leaving Haddington juniors where he spent a small fortune over 4 or 5 years and still didn't manage to get them out of the worst junior league going. He's seemingly a good coach tho and will be more suited to the kids coaching, don't think he will be near the u20s tho think it's more kids coaching who will be doing at hibs.

Good luck to him.

eddie may is still on the radar to come in, seemingly Bill Hendry will be getting the heav ho

AlbertK86
31-05-2014, 08:44 AM
Looking around twitter it appears quite a few of these players have been released ...so even surprising James McDonaugh who I'm guessing is on holiday ... Anyone able to confirm ?

Yep James tweeted he was about to go on holiday the other day and how gutted he was about his team being relegated.

Was also sad at not getting to continue assisting in the progress of some of the young boys that have been released.

lord bunberry
31-05-2014, 10:08 AM
This whole situation is a complete shambles, the fans are being asked to buy season tickets but all we get from the club is all the players being released and a chairman and manager only interested in self preservation.

southsider
31-05-2014, 10:39 AM
This whole situation is a complete shambles, the fans are being asked to buy season tickets but all we get from the club is all the players being released and a chairman and manager only interested in self preservation.
Aye and the good youngsters at our club face embarrasingly stiff wage cuts which are NOT going to improve our situation. We will be seen as a joke club. PETRIE MUST GO !

Peevemor
31-05-2014, 12:26 PM

I'm hoping that the new CEO will explain what's happening and why once she officially starts next week.

lord bunberry
31-05-2014, 12:40 PM
I'm hoping that the new CEO will explain what's happening and why once she officially starts next week.

I'm hoping that as well but i fear anything she says is not going to be listened to unless it includes petries resignation.