PDA

View Full Version : Any plans for a fighting fund?

brisbanehibs
30-05-2014, 11:21 PM
Well done to everyone involved in the campaign to get Rod out of our club. As an overseas supporter I and no doubt many others feel quite powerless to act. Is there going to be a fighting fund established at any point? Would gladly donate to help with communications campaign and media etc if nothing else.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Nailrod
31-05-2014, 02:33 AM
Well done to everyone involved in the campaign to get Rod out of our club. As an overseas supporter I and no doubt many others feel quite powerless to act. Is there going to be a fighting fund established at any point? Would gladly donate to help with communications campaign and media etc if nothing else.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk
I posted along similar lines yestersday. It's the only thread I've ever seen in the history of the .net that didn't attract a single reply. Didn't want yours to end up the same! (I deleted my thread out of embarrassment)

Viva_Palmeiras
31-05-2014, 05:44 AM
I posted along similar lines yestersday. It's the only thread I've ever seen in the history of the .net that didn't attract a single reply. Didn't want yours to end up the same! (I deleted my thread out of embarrassment)

Maybe it's cos the others got deleted ;) plenty threads over the years without reply.

re the fund - for what? I'm not being funny here, there's a dialogue which costs are little/negligible. Paul Kane has already said (I paraphrase) he didn't want the club to be harmed financially so what would funds befor leafleting and posters? Much can be done on social media. Other than that - perhaps venue hire for bigger events but surely the Hibs club would suffice for now. So what would any fund be for (hate that name btw too many associations)

bingo70
31-05-2014, 06:19 AM
Could it not be used to try and buy rod out?

There's also the problem hearts have stolen a March on us as they've got so many thousands donating money each month. Could a fans group set up something similar but only release the funds once petrie is away?

brisbanehibs
31-05-2014, 08:42 AM
Maybe it's cos the others got deleted ;) plenty threads over the years without reply.

re the fund - for what? I'm not being funny here, there's a dialogue which costs are little/negligible. Paul Kane has already said (I paraphrase) he didn't want the club to be harmed financially so what would funds befor leafleting and posters? Much can be done on social media. Other than that - perhaps venue hire for bigger events but surely the Hibs club would suffice for now. So what would any fund be for (hate that name btw too many associations)

Was simply suggesting that I and many others would like to contribute to the cause mate. Wasn't really looking for an argument about what to be used for. And if you are referring this to fact Hearts did similar you need to get over it. This is about Hibs who in my opinion are worth so much more.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Jack
31-05-2014, 08:55 AM
You could buy bill board space on the bridge at the end of Albion Road and leave an appropriate message on it for Rod, the board and everyone else at ER.

archiebald
31-05-2014, 08:56 AM

There's also the problem hearts have stolen a March on us as they've got so many thousands donating money each month. Could a fans group set up something similar but only release the funds once petrie is away?
And we all laughed

Hibby Gav
31-05-2014, 09:06 AM
You could buy bill board space on the bridge at the end of Albion Road and leave an appropriate message on it for Rod, the board and everyone else at ER.

Or one if those mobile ones and pay the driver to follow him wherever he goes !

kaimendhibs
31-05-2014, 09:51 AM
Wouldn't worry about it mate, I had one two days ago and the only reply was mine. It was about season tickets so frankly I was shocked it got no response. Mibbe I'm not in the right gang ha

Sent from my iphone

southsider
31-05-2014, 09:57 AM
There was talk about a fund on another thread. One guy said he would put up £500. Another fan any myself were in for £200 each. If said fund can be administated with a degree of (hibs) class my offer still stands.

SMAXXA
31-05-2014, 09:59 AM
FFS is it tray bake time already?

I don't see what the problem is with the OP suggestion. I think we need to put aside the fact it was hearts and the reasons for doing the donations and think broader and more open minded about this. Why should it take a club on the brink to get supporters to rally to the cause, isn't there an argument that we as fans should be looking at ourselves to do something over and above even when we are in this state or even when we were in the premiership and needing funds to take us to the next level. I'm not saying the funds we have shouldn't be enough to do so as management and played have let us down and that's management from the top of the club aswell btw.

agree though this would be more likely if Petrie wasn't there now though as folk wouldn't want to give the club cash to make his job easier I wouldn't think but the idea is valid IMO. Hearts fans have been loyal and rallied to the cause, if we did the same we would be in a much healthier place IMO.

i know people buy season tickets and merchandise etc so I'm not discounting that, the guys over the road do that aswell and go beyond with there direct debits so regardless of this we could all do more, within your financial constraints of course.

silverhibee
31-05-2014, 10:15 AM

FFS here we go again, a couple of posters have said because they are overseas that they would be willing to donate to help out, and you come away with a comparison to the yams, are you obsessed with them, who mentioned baking. :rolleyes:

silverhibee
31-05-2014, 10:21 AM
There was talk about a fund on another thread. One guy said he would put up £500. Another fan any myself were in for £200 each. If said fund can be administated with a degree of (hibs) class my offer still stands.

WestStandMoaner said he would donate £500 and i said i would to put in £200, no cake baking from me though.

Bishop Hibee
31-05-2014, 10:25 AM

Are you happy Petrie owns a share of the club? Easy to scoff, more difficult to try and do something to change the situation.

FranckSuzy
31-05-2014, 10:51 AM
IMHO, it's superb that fans want to help in anyway they can. Obviously, the overseas guys can't just pop down to ER etc so if they can offer their support in another way, then good on them I say :aok:

I could set up a PayPal a/c...if there's enough interest :wink:

Yours,

The Resident Scranner
:greengrin

FranckSuzy
31-05-2014, 10:54 AM

Just wondered if you've ever considered posting something constructive, rather than the continual jibes? Might be a interesting, new experience for you........

HH81
31-05-2014, 10:55 AM
FFS here we go again, a couple of posters have said because they are overseas that they would be willing to donate to help out, and you come away with a comparison to the yams, are you obsessed with them, who mentioned baking. :rolleyes:

Buns are good though Silver.

Saorsa
31-05-2014, 10:56 AM
FFS here we go again, a couple of posters have said because they are overseas that they would be willing to donate to help out, and you come away with a comparison to the yams, are you obsessed with them, who mentioned baking. :rolleyes:trolls are best ignored mate

Phil D. Rolls
31-05-2014, 11:04 AM

Why the personal stuff mate? It's a message board where we all have our own trumpets to blow. If you are so upset by my posts, just ignore them. Other people are big enough to defend themselves and don't need you to speak up for them.

You ask about why I am interested in the Yams. I've watched that circus take them to the edge, and can see it developing here.

I am just trying to use irony as a warning about what can happen when people get over excited. We will get to the tray bake stage, that is guaranteed. Simply because our supporters are no different from the Yams.

I see factions emerging. I see ex players appointing themselves to speak for the support. I see a mob demonstrating behind the stand, and I have read suggestions about picketing Petries house.

I don't think that my dissent will make any difference. But if you say nothing then it's interpreted as being in support.

No disrespect was intended, but it seems to me things are moving too fast, and mistakes are going to be made.

Id like to see a considered, thoughtful approach to this, that's all. People who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Phil D. Rolls
31-05-2014, 11:11 AM
I don't see what the problem is with the OP suggestion. I think we need to put aside the fact it was hearts and the reasons for doing the donations and think broader and more open minded about this. Why should it take a club on the brink to get supporters to rally to the cause, isn't there an argument that we as fans should be looking at ourselves to do something over and above even when we are in this state or even when we were in the premiership and needing funds to take us to the next level. I'm not saying the funds we have shouldn't be enough to do so as management and played have let us down and that's management from the top of the club aswell btw.

agree though this would be more likely if Petrie wasn't there now though as folk wouldn't want to give the club cash to make his job easier I wouldn't think but the idea is valid IMO. Hearts fans have been loyal and rallied to the cause, if we did the same we would be in a much healthier place IMO.

i know people buy season tickets and merchandise etc so I'm not discounting that, the guys over the road do that aswell and go beyond with there direct debits so regardless of this we could all do more, within your financial constraints of course.

I hate the idea of fans running the club, as we'd be out of our depth. Good intentions don't necessarily bring results.

My comment was a round about way of saying that if we keep going the way we are we'll end up like Hearts. I can't be a hypocrite and slag them off for their model - which I still think will end in tears - and then support doppelgängers wearing green scarves doing exactly the same thing.

18Craig75
31-05-2014, 11:12 AM
I'd be happy to put what would have been my season ticket money into said find. Petrie is not seeing another penny from me and I have no intention of subjecting my eyes to Nelson and McGivern ever again.

The Leith Dutch
31-05-2014, 11:15 AM
Curious here as to what this would be for and also what, legally speaking, it could be used for.

Looking at our situation I think there is a decent chance of getting the automatic promotion slot for winning the Championship *if* we commit to spending big.
It would be money we can't really afford as a club.

Any of the more business savvy people have any understanding of whether money gathered from the supporters can be "gifted" to the club for wage payments and whether or not Hector would tax the living bejesus out of it?

Phil D. Rolls
31-05-2014, 11:16 AM
Just wondered if you've ever considered posting something constructive, rather than the continual jibes? Might be a interesting, new experience for you........

There has to be a place for dissent, no matter how stupid it seems to others. Please tell me what book I should be reading so that I can fit in with the New Order?

Or maybe I need to spend more time in the chat room. Who knows, it's maybe just a simple misunderstanding.

I've deleted the post anyway.

Deansy
31-05-2014, 11:37 AM

Sorry but 'stolen a march on us' and 'donating' couldn't be further from the truth. They put money in, initially, to save their club which meant a well-off woman could own them for sweeties. Now the money goes towards that well-off woman so that she can make a 300% profit on the sweeties she paid out. Now, they tell everyone that they have no debt and that 'fan-ownership' is the sure-fire way to future success and prosperity. At the same time, despite being told that from now on the club will 'live within it's means', maintain a 'death-trap' of a stadium etc, their fans still believe that 'everything will be back to normal' (?) which to them, apparently, means winning the league, competing for European-honours and generally being a 'big-team'.

Phil D. Rolls
31-05-2014, 12:08 PM
Are you happy Petrie owns a share of the club? Easy to scoff, more difficult to try and do something to change the situation.

Meaning that you take time to develop a strategy.

The tone on here recently has been akin to the reaction to a car crash or house fire. Everybody wants to help, even when they don't have a clear idea how. They work themselves up into a lather, and start shouting at people that they don't think are helping.

My comment about the tray bakes was meant to show the irony of us seeing what can go wrong when fans want to be heard, yet somehow thinking we will be different. I certainly wasn't suggesting that it was from an undercover Yam, I was trying to highlight that our fans are no different from theirs and are capable of making exactly the same mistakes.

RIP
31-05-2014, 06:08 PM
I hate the idea of fans running the club, as we'd be out of our depth. Good intentions don't necessarily bring results.

Every club in Scotland is run by it's fans. Name me one director on the current Hibs board who isn't a Hibs supporter

Phil D. Rolls
31-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Every club in Scotland is run by it's fans. Name me one director on the current Hibs board who isn't a Hibs supporter

I thought Petrie was accused of not being Hibby.

bingo70
31-05-2014, 06:13 PM
Sorry but 'stolen a march on us' and 'donating' couldn't be further from the truth. They put money in, initially, to save their club which meant a well-off woman could own them for sweeties. Now the money goes towards that well-off woman so that she can make a 300% profit on the sweeties she paid out. Now, they tell everyone that they have no debt and that 'fan-ownership' is the sure-fire way to future success and prosperity. At the same time, despite being told that from now on the club will 'live within it's means', maintain a 'death-trap' of a stadium etc, their fans still believe that 'everything will be back to normal' (?) which to them, apparently, means winning the league, competing for European-honours and generally being a 'big-team'.

I probably used the wrong term. I was just basically meaning they've got an additional income of around £1m that we don't have. I realise they're paying back that wifey but we've got a mortgage so in that respect we're even I think.

silverhibee
31-05-2014, 07:17 PM

Rod Petrie

Weir7
31-05-2014, 07:21 PM

Rod Petrie. Jamie Marwick. Colin McNeil. Amanda Jones.

truehibernian
01-06-2014, 12:50 AM
Rod Petrie. Jamie Marwick. Colin McNeil. Amanda Jones.

Brian Houston is - and a gentleman too.

IberianHibernian
01-06-2014, 12:52 AM
Disappointing thread but one that shows terrible situation we`ve got ourselves into . OP makes a genuine request about how he can help club ( not sure if he`s limiting help to supporting campaign to getting rid of Petrie but it doesn`t look like it ) and thread ends up in sarcastic comments which don`t help club at all . As another overseas fan I think it shows another way in which club has been very badly run in last decade or so - there is a reduced but still significant number of people who live too far away to make regular visits to ER ( or live near ER but can`t for various reasons attend ER ) but want to help the club as much as they can and do so by buying merchandise , buying season tickets knowing they won`t use them , Kicks For Hibs etc etc and above all promoting our club all over the world as well as attending some matches at ER and encouraging others to do so . Assume we`ll have a new manager running team next season and whoever is running other aspects of club needs to look at how club is being promoted starting with traditional Hibernian support but without forgetting fans who can`t visit ER regularly whether they live in Leith or Australia .