PDA

View Full Version : Alex Rodman (merged)

hibeeleicester
30-05-2014, 11:18 PM
Mikey Stewart just tweeted this....

@mstewart_23: Cld @HibernianFCClub Championship revolution under Butcher start with Alex Rodman from Blu Conf down south?

Anyone heard anything? Know much about him? Seems like he should be at the peak of his career at 27?

Is the Championship really on par with the Conference?

gorgie greens
30-05-2014, 11:27 PM
just been on the Grimsbay telegraph and there was talk about him heading up here on the 15th of May,they seem sorry to see him leave which is always a good sign

PatHead
30-05-2014, 11:32 PM
Last signing from Grimsby was Rob Jones wasn't it? Hope we get same success

JJP
30-05-2014, 11:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FX9gwQPwts

Hope everyone keeps more of an open mind than the punter's on Twitter. Management team has been a horror story so far but they do have previous of buying well in this market.

CallumLaidlaw
30-05-2014, 11:39 PM
We're mentioned with an interest in this article from over 2 weeks ago - http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Exciting-offers-ex-Grimsby-Town-man-Alex-Rodman/story-21092109-detail/story.html

Hibeesmad
30-05-2014, 11:56 PM
He looks alright, never heard of him personally but always willing to give players a chance

Long Time Hibee
30-05-2014, 11:59 PM
Sorry for being pessimistic but that looks similar footage to what we saw for Duncan Watmore and look what TB managed to get out of him?
Hope I'm proved wrong!!

madhatter
31-05-2014, 12:11 AM
No point being optimistic or pessimistic yet. It hasn't been formally confirmed and I'd rather see him play in person first. Youtube clips do not tell you much in all honesty. Unless you play for Real or Barca where media coverage is immense.

He is tall, looks quick and seemed to have 2 feet. Lets just see what he is like though. No point judging. We need to collectively, as fans, give new players a chance. I know how difficult it is, but if he is our first signing - all I can say "welcome and do your best, try to entertain us each week and these fans will love you no-end, best of luck".

NAE NOOKIE
31-05-2014, 12:14 AM
Is this what we have ****in well sunk to. He Is playing in the conference for a reason FFS. I would rather see Dennis Rodman in a Hibs shirt.

Please please don't tell me this is best we can hope for.

Nae offence to the lad himself .... its not his fault.

Hibeesmad
31-05-2014, 12:20 AM
Is this what we have ****in well sunk to. He Is playing in the conference for a reason FFS. I would rather see Dennis Rodman in a Hibs shirt.

😂😂😂 aw mate, I could listen to you all day

StarMan10
31-05-2014, 12:21 AM

Absolute nonsense. There's some gems in these leagues, just look at the rise of Charlie Austin as example. No idea what this guy would be like but to knock him because of the league he's in is ridiculous.

stokesmessiah
31-05-2014, 12:23 AM

A lot has gone on in the last week and emotions are high but lets not kid ourselves here. There was very few people on this board who were not excited about Marsella coming to Hibs due to his eye for a player and no matter what ppl think of TB, there is no reason to doubt Marsella so if he has scouted this guy then surely we should be keen to have a look at him ?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-05-2014, 12:27 AM

:rolleyes:

Long Time Hibee
31-05-2014, 12:27 AM
No point being optimistic or pessimistic yet. It hasn't been formally confirmed and I'd rather see him play in person first. Youtube clips do not tell you much in all honesty. Unless you play for Real or Barca where media coverage is immense.

He is tall, looks quick and seemed to have 2 feet. Lets just see what he is like though. No point judging. We need to collectively, as fans, give new players a chance. I know how difficult it is, but if he is our first signing - all I can say "welcome and do your best, try to entertain us each week and these fans will love you no-end, best of luck".'

Fair comment M. I think depression has set in and I have no optimism left. I was optimistic that TB could 'manage' to beat Partick, St Midden, Ross County, Kilmarnock, THEM or Hamilton (over the 2 legs) but he failed miserably and now we are bargain basement hunting in the Conference for top talent that will guarantee to get us promoted and get bums on seats???? I somehow doubt it!

madhatter
31-05-2014, 12:31 AM

Gary Warren, Ross Draper, Carl Tremarco, David Raven, Marley Watkins. People need to get off their high horse. We can't keep saying "we're a big club" and ripping the **** out of players that haven't even been confirmed as signings. Inverness, as listed above, have sourced many decent players from down south and have built a good Premier League team (only a few listed actually, could have listed their better players as well). We're a championship team now, and we've been in the doldrums for ages - slating players before they've even probably came up to see the training facility is going over the top and is in my opinion wrong. Is part of why we fail also. Petrie is the biggest problem by far but we as fans need to be better when it comes down to this.

I couldn't care where our players come from as long as they do the business. We've sourced journeyman, that's failed. We've sourced foreigners which has at times also failed (Hurtado, De La Cruz) and cost much money. We've signed from what was the First Division (now the championship) and that failed (Cairney - hot, cold, freezing, frozen, thawing, warm type performances). What do you suggest we sign? Where from? The club having a laugh and rather than a link up with Spartans, were actually getting a link up with both Real and Barca? What most people class as a decent player now is at the very least 1million +. Sauzee nowadays even at the age he was when he came to Hibs would demand 500k+ in transfer alone. Money in English Premiership has destroyed the market so finding a cheap gem is crucial.

Callum_62
31-05-2014, 12:38 AM
[QUOTE=madhatter;4041533]We've sourced foreigners which has at times also failed (Hurtado, De La Cruz) and cost much money. QUOTE]

:bitchy:
He was far from a failure

madhatter
31-05-2014, 12:40 AM
'

Fair comment M. I think depression has set in and I have no optimism left. I was optimistic that TB could 'manage' to beat Partick, St Midden, Ross County, Kilmarnock, THEM or Hamilton (over the 2 legs) but he failed miserably and now we are bargain basement hunting in the Conference for top talent that will guarantee to get us promoted and get bums on seats???? I somehow doubt it!

Team is more important than player always. If TB sources a number of unknowns and glues them together and gets them playing like Inverness, pessimism will fade. We're all there mate. However, as Charlie said, Hibs are not a good catch for someone to work for. That goes for administrative staff, boardroom staff, groundsmen, kitmen, management team, and players. It sources from our dislike of Petrie but I regularly find it spills out into in-fighting and slating players before they've even put their boots on.

Team of journeymen got us relegated. Bums were leaving seats at half-time last season while watching these proven, "qualilty" players. KT got treated like he had done something great when coming on in the playoff. Did zilch and still people insist, he should be the linchpin in the team. So, we are happy to have a injury prone, largely ineffective player pull us to safety (one of those who was responsible for the mess in the first place) but we'd not accept someone from a "bargain basement".

It doesn't matter where each individual player comes from. Get the right combo with the right style...bingo

tamig
31-05-2014, 12:42 AM

What a load of pish. Deary me.

Forza Fred
31-05-2014, 12:42 AM
Just as I did with the appointment of Butcher, I will remain optimistic that it will be very good move until performances indicate the opposite.

Just hope he doesn't turn out like Butcher

madhatter
31-05-2014, 12:43 AM
[QUOTE=madhatter;4041533]We've sourced foreigners which has at times also failed (Hurtado, De La Cruz) and cost much money. QUOTE]

Wind-up over?

tamig
31-05-2014, 12:45 AM

I think that's debatable. The boy could run and was good going forward. Absolutely honking defender though. To be fair, we did make a decent profit on him which seemed to be the purpose of the deal.

NAE NOOKIE
31-05-2014, 12:46 AM
Gary Warren, Ross Draper, Carl Tremarco, David Raven, Marley Watkins. People need to get off their high horse. We can't keep saying "we're a big club" and ripping the **** out of players that haven't even been confirmed as signings. Inverness, as listed above, have sourced many decent players from down south and have built a good Premier League team (only a few listed actually, could have listed their better players as well). We're a championship team now, and we've been in the doldrums for ages - slating players before they've even probably came up to see the training facility is going over the top and is in my opinion wrong. Is part of why we fail also. Petrie is the biggest problem by far but we as fans need to be better when it comes down to this.

I couldn't care where our players come from as long as they do the business. We've sourced journeyman, that's failed. We've sourced foreigners which has at times also failed (Hurtado, De La Cruz) and cost much money. We've signed from what was the First Division (now the championship) and that failed (Cairney - hot, cold, freezing, frozen, thawing, warm type performances). What do you suggest we sign? Where from? The club having a laugh and rather than a link up with Spartans, were actually getting a link up with both Real and Barca? What most people class as a decent player now is at the very least 1million +. Sauzee nowadays even at the age he was when he came to Hibs would demand 500k+ in transfer alone. Money in English Premiership has destroyed the market so finding a cheap gem is crucial.

Feel free to check any of my posts you like MH ..... I have never been down on any player the club has signed .... I have always waited to judge with my own eyes.

But I want to see a statement of intent from the club at this point ............ cheap penny pinching got us in the **** and that's exactly where its going to keep us.

Centre Hawf
31-05-2014, 12:53 AM
Sorry for being pessimistic but that looks similar footage to what we saw for Duncan Watmore and look what TB managed to get out of him?
Hope I'm proved wrong!!

Watmore was from Altrincham which if im not mistaken is Skrill N/S (at the time) and the gap in quality to the poorer teams in N/S and the Premier is quite vast I believe so Watmore essentially looked good against poorer teams.

Not a hit out at Watmore as I think he looks a half decent wee player and wouldn't complain if we got him back as I think he'd do well in the Championship.

madhatter
31-05-2014, 12:57 AM
Feel free to check any of my posts you like MH ..... I have never been down on any player the club has signed .... I have always waited to judge with my own eyes.

But I want to see a statement of intent from the club at this point ............ cheap penny pinching got us in the **** and that's exactly where its going to keep us.

What intent could the club risk - journeyman? Oh wait... Sign a player for £100,000 -£200,000, oh wait... Sign a foreign player for millions...hmm...

The intent should be: "we are going to re-structure the club so that our young players are going to be trained from a young age to play attractive football, this will be led by a youth development coordinator that will oversee all year groups and will have history of being in the game (not an admin person). In conjunction with this, we are going to back Butcher in getting the players he wants in, this also with the aim in mind of creating a pacy, attack-minded team that will entertain. Our aim is to build an ethos and develop a "soul" to the club once more. Any managerial change will not affect this vision and we will be recruiting new coaches for various levels to ensure our players (in all year groups) will be able to achieve the best and ultimately become a 1st team regular. A Director of Football will also be appointed to make sure this vision is achieved."

The intent should not be: "Hibs have signed a deal for Messi's long lost cousin, Jessi, for £400,000."

No substance to the second route and nothing to be gained. One player does not make a team. One team doesn't make a club.

Callum_62
31-05-2014, 01:10 AM
[QUOTE=Callum_62;4041536]

Wind-up over?

Where did he go after us - a better or worse league?

We also made a decent profit out of it

We won in every way possible with De La cruz

Aldo
31-05-2014, 02:55 AM
A rumour bout a potential signing and shot down before anything has been confirmed!!!

Had anyone heard of Ivan Sproule before he signed???

Let's not judge folk before they've even signed!!

HH81
31-05-2014, 05:25 AM
Looks like he played in conf with Grimsby. Over 30 games too and played in their play off semi loss to Gateshead.*

I watched Grimsby once last season and he didnt play. The fish and chips with mushy peas were great though.

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/fo...?m-1401040627/

Viva_Palmeiras
31-05-2014, 05:33 AM
Hope I'm proved wrong!!

Ah that old tired chestnut...

leggeto
31-05-2014, 05:58 AM
Conference quality, magic

bingo70
31-05-2014, 06:02 AM

We've signed players from the premiership that have been gash so I can't say I'm arsed where they're coming from.

I'd rather sign players on the back of a good season for their club, whatever league that may be than someone that's just been released cos they couldn't get a game.

Spike Mandela
31-05-2014, 06:39 AM

I would say most of the players we have watched in our team this season are Conference quality or worse.

TowerHibs
31-05-2014, 06:51 AM
Guys are trying to pull all the supporters together to get behind the team for a change and the first wiff of a signing there are noises of not good enough, conference **** players.

Who do people genuinely think we are???

Probably be easier not to read a single transfer thread if players are going to be dismissed before putting petrol in the motor.

Elements of our support are depressing at times

PeterboroHibee
31-05-2014, 06:52 AM
Some of the comments in this thread are ridiculous. There are plenty of examples where clubs have taken players from 'lower' leagues and they have been successful, a division a player is in doesnt necessarily reflect their ability or potential. The most recent example of this is probably Andy Robertson who United picked up from Queen's Park. Obviously hes a young guy but within a year, hes been awarded YPOTY (despite stepping up 3 divisions) and was capped for Scotland.

greenpaper55
31-05-2014, 06:52 AM
You never know what you will unearth at this level so i would not write any player off from that league, you only have to look at Rickie Lambert, he was bottling beetroot for a living until Macclesfield took him on and look where he is now !.

SouthamptonHibs
31-05-2014, 06:59 AM
Deary me Hibs, is that the standard of player we are being linked with, 27 year old from the conference.
The piiish just got worse, bad enough getting all the diddies from league one and two in England we are now going even lower.

Fun times ahead. Signing this lad should be the spark we need to get season ticket sales going.....

Speedway
31-05-2014, 07:03 AM
Rodman? Rod's Man?

Is there anything Petrie won't do to cling to power?

Speedway
31-05-2014, 07:09 AM
From a lifelong Mariner pal of mine and ST Holder there:

'Regarded as our star player last season by some. Signed last summer from Aldershot Town. Quiet start, came into his own in the second half of the season. Skilful winger, can beat people. I seem to remember him starring for Lincoln United at Chorley a few years ago. Limited Football League experience, background much more non-league. Will be considered a significant loss.'

Callum_62
31-05-2014, 07:10 AM
Rodman? Rod's Man?

Is there anything Petrie won't do to cling to power?

:agree: SORT IT OUT DUMPSTER!!

Jones28
31-05-2014, 07:12 AM
Some of the ***** coming out on this thread is unreal.

Being slated and it's at the rumour stage, lets just not let him join club. All those who don't want him, there's a follow-on protest at mid-day after the main one next weekend.

KeithTheHibby
31-05-2014, 07:20 AM
Playing in the conference. At 27. Nuff said.

DC_Hibs
31-05-2014, 07:23 AM
Deary me Hibs, is that the standard of player we are being linked with, 27 year old from the conference.
The piiish just got worse, bad enough getting all the diddies from league one and two in England we are now going even lower.

Fun times ahead. Signing this lad should be the spark we need to get season ticket sales going.....

Settle doon biscuitbawz. These reports were from before we were relegated so this boy is now out of our league and we are more likely now looking at the division below.

Reality check needed as to Hibs (and Scottish football's) level.

MURDER!

Aldo
31-05-2014, 07:29 AM
I really cannot believe some of the comments on here tbh.

Who should we sign??? Just because they play in the conference doesn't mean to say they aren't any good.

Had anyone heard about Ivan Sproule when Mowbray signed him.... Nope. He did ok.

Ronniekirk
31-05-2014, 07:29 AM

He is tall, looks quick and seemed to have 2 feet. Lets just see what he is like though. No point judging. We need to collectively, as fans, give new players a chance. I know how difficult it is, but if he is our first signing - all I can say "welcome and do your best, try to entertain us each week and these fans will love you no-end, best of luck".
You say he seemed to have two feet ? If he doesn't he won't pass a medical :wink:
Agree the Management Team have form for plucking unknown players from English lower leagues and that can't just be luck they have done it too many times at caley and moulded them into a decent team .I think this was one of the things that got them the job in first place and there was always going to be a massive clear out and an opportunity to start afresh .

HH81
31-05-2014, 07:33 AM
Based on how slow the team is, he would be an improvement on the players at the club.

CallumLaidlaw
31-05-2014, 07:36 AM
Wow. I'm astounded reading this thread.
When TB came in, the majority of all on here we're excited about the lower league gems that his team could unearth. We were well aware that we wouldn't recognise a lot of the names, just like the players brought in at ICT who are now seen as excellent players.

And yet when the first name gets mentioned, people are dying to have a go. Get a grip. We need a whole new team and are in the championship.

Last season we signed 3 established players from the SPL, a left back from man city, a centre half from arsenal, and look how they all turned out!!!

Maybe let's give them a chance to bring players in. This guys description is what we've been crying out for!

Borderhibbie76
31-05-2014, 07:37 AM
Watmore was from Altrincham which if im not mistaken is Skrill N/S (at the time) and the gap in quality to the poorer teams in N/S and the Premier is quite vast I believe so Watmore essentially looked good against poorer teams.

Not a hit out at Watmore as I think he looks a half decent wee player and wouldn't complain if we got him back as I think he'd do well in the Championship.

Sorry mate but no danger. Watmore would get kicked all over the place in championship. ..remember the Raith game??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Aldo
31-05-2014, 07:37 AM
You say he seemed to have two feet ? If he doesn't he won't pass a medical :wink: Agree the Management Team have form for plucking unknown players from English lower leagues and that can't just be luck they have done it too many times at caley and moulded them into a decent team .I think this was one of the things that got them the job in first place and there was always going to be a massive clear out and an opportunity to start afresh .

Spot on Ronnie. Yeah there was always going to be a cull but didn't expect it to be of this mass!!! In saying that we did get relegated. They have managed to find quite a few very good players from the lower leagues so fingers crossed they can bring in a few gems!!

We need a team not a group of individuals and hopefully we will see some movement on the transfer front in the coming weeks.

Geo_1875
31-05-2014, 07:39 AM

I know, it's ****ing ridiculous. .next thing you know we'll be bringing in complete nobodies from the French lower leagues and that never works out does it.

Callum_62
31-05-2014, 07:40 AM
Sorry mate but no danger. Watmore would get kicked all over the place in championship. ..remember the Raith game??

I never understand this as a negative

He must be getting kicked as a method to try and stop him (as they cant do it legally)

Doesn't that say the player is decent?

Id rather someone getting kicked all over the park that someone whos shorts dont need washed afterwards!

Or am I misunderstanding?

Borderhibbie76
31-05-2014, 07:41 AM
When TB came in, the majority of all on here we're excited about the lower league gems that his team could unearth. We were well aware that we wouldn't recognise a lot of the names, just like the players brought in at ICT who are now seen as excellent players.

And yet when the first name gets mentioned, people are dying to have a go. Get a grip. We need a whole new team and are in the championship.

Last season we signed 3 established players from the SPL, a left back from man city, a centre half from arsenal, and look how they all turned out!!!

Maybe let's give them a chance to bring players in. This guys description is what we've been crying out for!

110% this mate. Its laughable. And to reinforce the point..the boy Boateng came from Arsenal...and couldn't displace the combined colossus at the back of slow and slower. .ie mcgivern and nelson! !

Borderhibbie76
31-05-2014, 07:43 AM
I never understand this as a negative

He must be getting kicked as a method to try and stop him (as they cant do it legally)

Doesn't that say the player is decent?

Id rather someone getting kicked all over the park that someone whos shorts dont need washed afterwards!

Or am I misunderstanding?

I agree to a point mate but issue with Watmore is he can't handle it...he plays 1 game then not seen for weeks...his injury record since Jan was on a par with Clancy's

LancsHibs
31-05-2014, 07:53 AM
Some of the comments in this thread are ridiculous. There are plenty of examples where clubs have taken players from 'lower' leagues and they have been successful, a division a player is in doesnt necessarily reflect their ability or potential. The most recent example of this is probably Andy Robertson who United picked up from Queen's Park. Obviously hes a young guy but within a year, hes been awarded YPOTY (despite stepping up 3 divisions) and was capped for Scotland.

Correct, I will raise you Jamie Vardy:agree:

spike220
31-05-2014, 07:56 AM
I don't give a toss where they have played before, any player with a bit of pace that can run with the ball will be welcomed with open arms in my book.

He will have something to prove and be hungry.

I'd rather that than a has been, who best performances are saved for the media briefings or someone who spends longer on the physio table than they do in the pitch.

Welcome on board son give it all you have got!

Heisenberg
31-05-2014, 07:57 AM
At the start of Butchers reign Hibs fans wouldn't shut up about him bringing in some hidden gems from down south. Looks like he's trying it and some Hibs fans are now up in arms as the guy we're linked with isn't a big name or he doesn't play for a big club.

ALF TUPPER
31-05-2014, 07:58 AM
If the boy signs I've no doubt all Hibbys will welcome him. Mon up son show us what you can do .

Might need to change your nickname. I hear it's "Rodders" !! . That"'ll never work :wink:

spike220
31-05-2014, 08:07 AM
Just watched the you tube clip of the lad and I like what I see.

ALF TUPPER
31-05-2014, 08:12 AM
Just watched the you tube clip of the lad and I like what I see.

I agree Spike. I just watched it too. He takes players on, can cross a ball and not afraid to take a pop at goal. Enjoyed the clip. :aok:

ALF TUPPER
31-05-2014, 08:13 AM
At the start of Butchers reign Hibs fans wouldn't shut up about him bringing in some hidden gems from down south. Looks like he's trying it and some Hibs fans are now up in arms as the guy we're linked with isn't a big name or he doesn't play for a big club.

:top marks

SMAXXA
31-05-2014, 08:16 AM
Gota laugh at some of the comments on this thread, thats some hibs fans all over. We've just been relegated which is a result of a steady decline for the last few years of which we have had to watch a number of impostors during that period and some players that are border line not even good enough for the juniors. Yet some experts on here feel we are in a position to dismiss players like this simply because of the league he's playing in, who are we as fans to make such a judgement?

it the typical old myth 'we are hibs and we are above players like that we deserve bigger names', well I'm sorry but this is a market we will be utilising and we have no divine right to expect players from so called better leagues. There are good players in all the leagues so dismissing someone because of the league they play in is ignorant IMO.

we are hibs
31-05-2014, 08:20 AM
I agree Spike. I just watched it too. He takes players on, can cross a ball and not afraid to take a pop at goal. Enjoyed the clip. :aok:

Pretty sure the same was said about matt done......

Captain Trips
31-05-2014, 08:30 AM
The guy could be great or not every player fits into a new club differently regardless of what went on before. Collins on paper seemed ok.

My major concern is not with player if we are signing it is that TB is signing players meaning we are stuck with him.

SMAXXA
31-05-2014, 08:31 AM
The guy could be great or not every player fits into a new club differently regardless of what went on before. Collins on paper seemed ok.

My major concern is not with player if we are signing it is that TB is signing players meaning we are stuck with him.

We are stuck with him though he is going nowhere

AlbertK86
31-05-2014, 08:39 AM

This was an article from 15th May remember. Prior to our relegation.

I would imagine all deals are on hold until Leeann Dempster comes in, assesses the situation and budget.

If he does come to Hibs lets get behind him and see what he can do

Unfortunately Scottish Championship and Blue Sq league are probably on a par ability wise. Just a sign of the times how the game in Scotland has declined

Time to back the players in the team full stop. Whoever is in the team. Constant abuse of players from the terracing during games will not help us get back up.

Bostonhibby
31-05-2014, 08:44 AM
We've signed players from the premiership that have been gash so I can't say I'm arsed where they're coming from.

I'd rather sign players on the back of a good season for their club, whatever league that may be than someone that's just been released cos they couldn't get a game.

:agree: Plenty good players and teams in the conference, plenty cash there too in some cases.

Weren't a number of us creaming ourselves when we signed Ed De Graf simply because he had played in Dutch football at the highest level?

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-05-2014, 08:44 AM
Looks considerably better than what we currently have. That's therefore positive, no??

hibeejeebies
31-05-2014, 08:48 AM
From a lifelong Mariner pal of mine and ST Holder there:

'Regarded as our star player last season by some. Signed last summer from Aldershot Town. Quiet start, came into his own in the second half of the season. Skilful winger, can beat people. I seem to remember him starring for Lincoln United at Chorley a few years ago. Limited Football League experience, background much more non-league. Will be considered a significant loss.'

What are these things your mate speaks of??

AlbertK86
31-05-2014, 09:03 AM

Hope everyone keeps more of an open mind than the punter's on Twitter. Management team has been a horror story so far but they do have previous of buying well in this market.

Always hard to judge from You Tube compilations but he looked decent on this. Confidence and ability to go past people.

Looks like he likes the ball to feet.

IF we sign him we will need to play the ball on the deck to him instead of hoofing it !!

HH81
31-05-2014, 09:04 AM
Correct, I will raise you Jamie Vardy:agree:

Ex Halifax, wish i had contacted Hibs about him before he went to Fleetwood!

bandylegs_jLeighton
31-05-2014, 09:08 AM
I can only assume that people writing off players based on their employers stature know absolutely nothing about football, or are at least ignorant.

There have literally been hundreds of examples showing that good players and players with potential can come from anywhere. Likewise, the most horsesheet players of all time can come from the clubs of huge stature. You only need to follow Hibs to have seen evidence of this.

We need to sign the best part of a whole team in a single transfer window, thus we are going to be getting players that are currently playing for much smaller clubs, or players that are being overlooked at the larger clubs. Can we realistically expect more given the huge recruitment required, the lack of time, and the current attraction of playing for Hibs in Scotland 2nd tier, and of course the affordability?

No.

Can these type of players still be a success at Easter Road?

Yes.

Are Butcher and co. the best team to have lead this recruitment drive?

I dunno, but at least they have a track record of good signings from the market in which we'll need to delve - at least for some players.

NAE NOOKIE
31-05-2014, 09:12 AM
I really cannot believe some of the comments on here tbh.

Who should we sign??? Just because they play in the conference doesn't mean to say they aren't any good.

Had anyone heard about Ivan Sproule when Mowbray signed him.... Nope. He did ok.

Correct Aldo.

I have no problem with Hibs scouring the lower leagues in Scotland or elsewhere for good players .... in fact it is something we have neglected for too long. But the idea is to find a blend ....... Proven decent players and good young players from the youth system, coupled with one or two 'gems' from division X who have a chance of fitting into and hopefully improving an established team and system of playing.

However ............. If the plan to get Hibs out of the Championship is to start from scratch filling the team with ( cheap ) 27 year old journeymen from the Vauxhall conference, or whatever you call it these days, who if they were going to make it would have made it by now, I fear for our chances of even being in the top half of the league next season.

As for the theory that this is the level we are now at so we just have to accept it. The acceptance of mediocrity by the folk running the club seems to be the very outlook which got us here in the first place.

Time will tell I suppose and I would love to be having this shoved down my throat in 10 months time. Somehow I doubt it.

Whatever happens I will be there for every kick of the ball no matter who turns out to be right.

spike220
31-05-2014, 09:15 AM
:agree: Plenty good players and teams in the conference, plenty cash there too in some cases.

Weren't a number of us creaming ourselves when we signed Ed De Graf simply because he had played in Dutch football at the highest level?

I remeber a few quotes, the usual "He will score for fun" being thrown around.

fat freddy
31-05-2014, 09:19 AM
His anagram has a message to those up in arms about his chances of success at Hibs....Do Relax Man!

CallumLaidlaw
31-05-2014, 09:20 AM

Jonatan Johansson

Alan O'Brien - premiership player that Newcastle wanted to keep, and was wanted by championship clubs.

Hibdan12
31-05-2014, 09:21 AM
Im just glad we are finally linked with a player!

Bostonhibby
31-05-2014, 09:29 AM
Jonatan Johansson

Alan O'Brien - premiership player that Newcastle wanted to keep, and was wanted by championship clubs.

Alan O'Brien, the biggest let down we have ever signed in my opinion, all the hype and apparently we paid money as well. But he was a premiership level player who Newcastle wanted to keep eh :wink:

I don't think we are above signing players from anywhere - I don't get the bigger team attitude that we apply to conference type footballers either, this is a league where the cash is increasing and there is a supply of players moving up to league football in England - arguably Scotland is regressing in this respect if you strip out celtc and one or two others who have taken a gamble and splashed the cash?

Sadly, I don't think we are as big a league as we think we are or used to be and its about cash unfortunately.

MyJo
31-05-2014, 10:47 AM
Jonatan Johansson

Ryan McGivern came from Man City :rolleyes:

Bronson
31-05-2014, 11:14 AM

See that Inverness team? You know, the one that was 2nd for the first half of the season till Butcher left and despite a poor 2nd half of the season, still finished 6 places higher than us on a fraction of the budget? Filled from top to bottom with this 'conference quality.'

Be a bit more open-minded, we raved about getting Marsella as our scout as he can find gems, so you can't moan because they currently play at a low standard.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-05-2014, 11:18 AM
Some of the comments on this thread about him are embarrassing.

Judging folk before they've even signed/before they've even pulled the jersey on.

There are some really good players in that league. Get a grip FFS. We are in the Championship now aswell, we can't expect top quality signings.

jimmyboco1875
31-05-2014, 11:22 AM
I think if this guy signs, he will become a hibs legend.

Speedway
31-05-2014, 11:28 AM
More from my mate (who comes with me to see the cabbage once or twice a season) when I asked if he felt he could 'do a job' at our level

Just what I thought last year (except for the first time bit). I think I was wrong in retrospect. I could see it going either way: a good start, beating people at will, hero OR club not ten points clear by October, supporters angry, misfires, zero. Probably the former, odds 60-40.

Bostonhibby
31-05-2014, 11:33 AM
See that Inverness team? You know, the one that was 2nd for the first half of the season till Butcher left and despite a poor 2nd half of the season, still finished 6 places higher than us on a fraction of the budget? Filled from top to bottom with this 'conference quality.'

Be a bit more open-minded, we raved about getting Marsella as our scout as he can find gems, so you can't moan because they currently play at a low standard.

Agree this. Or is it better to see if top end clubs like city have any more Ryan McGiverns knocking about that we can enjoy then sell on for a profit?

Speedway
31-05-2014, 11:48 AM
More about 'Rodders'

http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/a-big-thank-you-from-rodders-1548393.aspx

ALF TUPPER
31-05-2014, 11:57 AM
Pretty sure the same was said about matt done......

Yeah! By me most likely. I'll be spot on eventually ! ;)

steviehibsleith
31-05-2014, 12:04 PM

Yep and they reached a cup final anyone thought that this 27 yo conference player may see this has the opportunity he has been dreaming of and he will break his balls for this chance. We may be in the Championship but there will be a lot watching because of the sevco and yams.

The Green Goblin
31-05-2014, 12:08 PM
We don't even know if he's signing and there's battles raging all over the place on this thread. Ah..hibs.net :greengrin

Green Cabbage 7
31-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Absolute nonsense. There's some gems in these leagues, just look at the rise of Charlie Austin as example. No idea what this guy would be like but to knock him because of the league he's in is ridiculous.

Too true, if memory serves me correct, I'm pretty sure Ian wright was playing non league football before being picked up by palace and then onto arsenal, could be wrong though.

Tricla
31-05-2014, 12:57 PM

10/10

madhatter
31-05-2014, 12:58 PM
[QUOTE=madhatter;4041540]

Where did he go after us - a better or worse league?

We also made a decent profit out of it

We won in every way possible with De La cruz

I don't care honestly. Does that help Hibs or something?

Profit comes on the pitch; not in the figures on a bank sheet. We're first and foremost a football club. We've made profit on some **** also, so no substance to this.

Whilst all fans can admit, we like hearing we're signing an Ecuadorian player or a freekick specialist from Gambia. I personally prefer cheaper options as many of these have been failures. For example, De La Cruz couldn't defend and only scored 2 goals in 32 games - so hardly brilliant. Kujabi couldn't take a freekick and couldn't defend. Whilst I liked both players in their own ways, they didn't thrill me.

Look for good players no matter where they come from as long as they fit in the team. If that is an Ecuadorian defender or whatever, fine. If not, fine also. Main priority is good player, and a good set of players (team).

S4uzee
31-05-2014, 01:09 PM

Looking at that clip he seems to keep the ball and doesn't hoof it so can't see him signing tbh

berwickhibee
31-05-2014, 01:35 PM
looks after the ball,fast,direct and always aware of whats happening around him,would take him no problem.

Nutmegged
31-05-2014, 01:45 PM
I was reading a bit about him, apparently he had a really bad illness which obviously had an adverse effect on his game and he then dropped down a level to try and get himself back upto speed again, he looks fast and comfortable on the ball.

On the otherhand I also read he is quite inconsistent and is onenof those players who when he is on his game he is brilliant but you'll pull your hair out with hin at times too.

To be honest, I'm not sure what else we can expect at this level, if wr want someone who could provide genuine quality we'll most likely have to sacrifice all the flaws that will come with him too

kaimendhibs
31-05-2014, 01:55 PM
Looks good enough to me from those clips, pace and skill

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

down-the-slope
31-05-2014, 02:01 PM
Having watched a player midweek who played at the lowest of levels until recently stroll LB at international level I'll wait and make my own mind up :aok:

Bishop Hibee
31-05-2014, 02:02 PM
Got to give the guy a chance. These are the sort of players we surely knew Butcher would go for whether we'd stayed up or not. He unearthed some good ones at ICT and we'd all better pray he does the same at ER.

JimBHibees
31-05-2014, 02:03 PM
I think you want players that are hungry and have something to prove rather than players on the way down.

Nutmegged
31-05-2014, 02:07 PM
Having watched a player midweek who played at the lowest of levels until recently stroll LB at international level I'll wait and make my own mind up :aok:

I'm not against signing Rodman simply for what league he comes from, I dont think there is any realistic comparison though between a 17 year old kid who is just starting out in the game learning his trade in the bottom tier to a 27 year old man who has continually dropped down levels of the pyramid.

there does seem to be mitigating circumstances with Rodman and I like the look of him and his attitude towards his time at Grimsby but I just don't feel its a decent comparison

ALF TUPPER
31-05-2014, 02:38 PM
Others interested in him too. ICT. :cb

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-05-2014, 02:54 PM
Others interested in him too. ICT. :cb

I understand TB tried to get him when he was manager at ICT too.

Jonnyboy
31-05-2014, 07:18 PM

Clayton Donaldson was playing in the conference. As others say, there's a few gems to be had. Where do people think TB got a few of his successful ICT team from.

Let's not start dissing players before they've even signed. It's the market we'll be shopping in

Ringothedog
31-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Clayton Donaldson was playing in the conference. As others say, there's a few gems to be had. Where do people think TB got a few of his successful ICT team from.

Let's not start dissing players before they've even signed. It's the market we'll be shopping in

Its the Hibs fans way, write a player off before they have seen him play. I sometimes wonder if there is anybody good enough to play for us. Some Hibs fans really have an unrealistic idea of our attractiveness as a club to potential players.

HibbyAndy
31-05-2014, 08:45 PM
Is this fellae actually signed ?!

IanM
31-05-2014, 09:00 PM
A bit pace, can beat a man and deliver a final ball.. If he can manage that it's a yes from me

Ringothedog
31-05-2014, 09:01 PM
Is this fellae actually signed ?!

nah, we don't sign players until the end of August allegedly

ALF TUPPER
31-05-2014, 09:32 PM
I understand TB tried to get him when he was manager at ICT too.

Yep. Mate of mine supports them. TB was after him a couple of times it seems. :agree:
Hopefully will get his man this time.

One of many

Greencore
31-05-2014, 09:47 PM
I'll just leave this here;

http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-scout-steve-marsella-reveals-his-secrets-1-3228379

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-06-2014, 10:02 AM
We should keep in mind that right now there is a distance between where we think that the club should be and where we actually are. We are looking for players that are good enough for the second tier of Scottish Football.

Ray_
01-06-2014, 12:44 PM
We should keep in mind that right now there is a distance between where we think that the club should be and where we actually are. We are looking for players that are good enough for the second tier of Scottish Football.

It's not as plain cut as that, not with Rangers & hearts also in the same league, if we don't get players in that are good enough to compete for promotion then it will again be a dismal failure.

Diclonius
01-06-2014, 01:10 PM

Can we play this when he scores?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVtzE66vaj0

leithsansiro
01-06-2014, 02:53 PM
A winger who's 6ft2? Fits into the Butcher direct-ball type approach. :agree:

Unseen work
02-06-2014, 12:22 AM
Personally couldn't give a **** where the players comes from.

I have fair in Marbella butcher and malaps to get the right players to make a strong team.

I like how there not lazy and go for standard players that have been kicking about the spl for years not doing much

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-06-2014, 12:50 AM
Personally couldn't give a **** where the players comes from.

I have fair in Marbella butcher and malaps to get the right players to make a strong team.

I like how there not lazy and go for standard players that have been kicking about the spl for years not doing much

Great place :greengrin

Unseen work
02-06-2014, 04:08 PM
Great place :greengrin

ah its that time of year, all my head is thinking about :greengrin

in seriousness though, the amount of travelling marsella:wink: does you need to have confidence in him to recruit the right type of players.

People will say the 3 we got in january were terrible but butcher said he only wanted loans as in the summer we would comepletely reassemble the squad so it was a tought ask

Watmore - Never lived up to all the hype that was put on his shoulders, purely because of the many injuries. im sure if we were to sign him and get a good pre season he would be brilliant

haynes - experianced player who done well up front at the start for us, got moved wide and got sent off and fell right out the plans

boateng - ehm......:rolleyes:tbf he was never given a chance

frazeHFC
02-06-2014, 05:14 PM
I'd rather we gave this guy a chance than signed some average SPL player who we all know isn't that good.

This management team has been a disaster for us so far but they do have a good record with this type of signing.

AlbertK86
05-06-2014, 05:10 PM
BBC have tweeted a link to BBC page saying Hibs have offered him a deal but he has other offers as well

Looks like their lazy journalist has been on .net as all very sketchy info

Bronson
05-06-2014, 05:18 PM
BBC have tweeted a link to BBC page saying Hibs have offered him a deal but he has other offers as well

Looks like their lazy journalist has been on .net as all very sketchy info

Here's the link for those interested:aok: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27721717?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

gorgie greens
05-06-2014, 06:00 PM
A bit pace, can beat a man and deliver a final ball.. If he can manage that it's a yes from me

If only we had a James Collins type robust striker to get on the end product,

CRAZYHIBBY
05-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Somebody rodman whos a winger has Supposedly been offered a contract

3pm
05-06-2014, 06:01 PM
Any idea if it's been mentioned elsewhere?!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-06-2014, 06:05 PM
Somebody rodman whos a winger has Supposedly been offered a contract

Alex Rodman. Ex Grimsby town winger, currently out of contract. Was mentioned briefly on here by myself and a few others last week.

Greenworld
05-06-2014, 06:11 PM
Your joking right

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

nribs
05-06-2014, 06:20 PM
Your joking right

Mind Ivan Sproule who came from some Irish club and was part time. He wasn't that bad was he?

Bronson
05-06-2014, 06:28 PM
Mind Ivan Sproule who came from some Irish club and was part time. He wasn't that bad was he?

:top marks

marleyhib
05-06-2014, 06:30 PM
This guy looks decent, will be right behind him if he signs.

Marsella was the main reason I was for us going for Butcher, he's got a track record of spotting talent at lower levels, give him a chance?

Diclonius
05-06-2014, 06:33 PM
I'm prepared to fully back Butcher in this transfer window, provided we aren't being financially strangled for wages and fees by our "I'm not involved in that side of things any more, honest" chairman.

Greenworld
05-06-2014, 06:35 PM
Fair enough thats true

timewilltell
05-06-2014, 09:51 PM
Much-travelled winger Alex Rodman has been offered a contract by Hibernian after deciding to leave Grimsby Town, BBC Sport understands.

Jonnyboy
05-06-2014, 09:53 PM
You're a week late

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?284902-Alex-Rodman

Scouse Hibee
05-06-2014, 09:55 PM
Much-travelled winger Alex Rodman has been offered a contract by Hibernian after deciding to leave Grimsby Town, BBC Sport understands.

Do try and keep up :greengrin

timewilltell
05-06-2014, 09:56 PM
You're a week late

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?284902-Alex-Rodman

Oops!.....

:aok:

PerfectlyFranck
06-06-2014, 05:02 PM
http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac89/MonDieuHibs/WhateversAffordableMonDieu_zps09ba4b56.gif

greenpaper55
06-06-2014, 05:07 PM
Someone has used my body and stuck Rods heed on it !.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-06-2014, 05:29 PM
Do try and keep up :greengrin

Whatever the question - time will tell...

Billychaotic182
06-06-2014, 05:33 PM
http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac89/MonDieuHibs/WhateversAffordableMonDieu_zps09ba4b56.gif

Hahahahahahahaha

portycabbage
06-06-2014, 05:59 PM

:faf: That's just sick. But also funny.

hibee92
06-06-2014, 07:57 PM

:not worth:not worth:not worth:top marks:faf::faf::faf::faf:

Jonnyboy
06-06-2014, 08:02 PM

:faf:

Betty Boop
06-06-2014, 08:04 PM

Brilliant ! :faf:

Jim44
06-06-2014, 08:36 PM

I don't often erupt into spontaneous, hysterical laughter but I have my moments.:greengrin

LincolnshireHib
07-06-2014, 10:42 AM
Hi all,

I am a Grimsby Town support and follower of Hibs and I can give you a bit of info on A-Rod. He's pretty decent going forward - quite technical (he represented England at Futsal) and will get you a goal from pretty much anywhere. He has scored tap ins and couple of quality long rangers this season. I found him quite lightweight at times and pushed off the ball easily and he's not the most defensively minded player but a decent acquisition.

I see some people slagging the Conference on this thread. The top teams in the division play really good football at times - if you want proof search for Grimsbys play-off match at home to Gateshead or our FA Cup matches with S****horpe this season - and it really is on a par with
League 2 which is where Rob Jones was signed from. He turned out to be pretty good for Hibs.

Best of luck to A-Rod, I'm glad he's can to a club I feel I can support being a former East Stander myself.

SouthamptonHibs
07-06-2014, 10:45 AM
Please tell me we are not signing piiiiish like him.
Happy followers ram it with give the guy a chance, he's not what we need, he plays in a crap league Don't even entertain it. How far are we willing to fall, this is getting embarrassing

Scouse Hibee
07-06-2014, 10:47 AM
Hi all,

I am a Grimsby Town support and follower of Hibs and I can give you a bit of info on A-Rod. He's pretty decent going forward - quite technical (he represented England at Futsal) and will get you a goal from pretty much anywhere. He has scored tap ins and couple of quality long rangers this season. I found him quite lightweight at times and pushed off the ball easily and he's not the most defensively minded player but a decent acquisition.

I see some people slagging the Conference on this thread. The top teams in the division play really good football at times - if you want proof search for Grimsbys play-off match at home to Gateshead or our FA Cup matches with S****horpe this season - and it really is on a par with
League 2 which is where Rob Jones was signed from. He turned out to be pretty good for Hibs.
Best of luck to A-Rod, I'm glad he's can to a club I feel I can support being a former East Stander myself.

Aw no not another Zoubir type Futsal player!

LincolnshireHib
07-06-2014, 10:57 AM
Happy followers ram it with give the guy a chance, he's not what we need, he plays in a crap league Don't even entertain it. How far are we willing to fall, this is getting embarrassing

Wake up - The Scottish Championship is drastic and hardly much better than the Conference. The average gate this season was 1795 compared to 1866 with more than double the amount of teams. Many players that come up to the Scottish Premiership are a League 1 standard, even League 2 so signing a Conference player for a Championship club in Scotland is hardly surprising. Unfortunately, Hibs fans have to realise, like Grimsby fans have (we have gone from top of Championship on the day England beat Germany 5-1 in Munich in 2001 to the Conference in 10/11) that this is the level you're at.

Twa Cairpets
07-06-2014, 10:59 AM

You do know we've been relegated?
You do know that it might be a tad premature to write a player off without ever having seen him play?

Tell us, oh wise one, what in your estimation would be a realistic, non embarrassing signing?

I have no idea if this guy is single fish or the next Messi, but I'm not going to hammer him before he's even signed.

SouthamptonHibs
07-06-2014, 11:01 AM
Wake up - The Scottish Championship is drastic and hardly much better than the Conference. The average gate this season was 1795 compared to 1866 with more than double the amount of teams. Many players that come up to the Scottish Premiership are a League 1 standard, even League 2 so signing a Conference player for a Championship club in Scotland is hardly surprising. Unfortunately, Hibs fans have to realise, like Grimsby fans have (we have gone from top of Championship on the day England beat Germany 5-1 in Munich in 2001 to the Conference in 10/11) that this is the level you're at.

I disagree, I watch Pompey in div two and the spl Is miles better. It's only Scots that dish our league. Our league is on par with the championship easy. I watch the stuff be at every week. Think about it Nelson from Bradford = terrible Collins from Swindon = terrible and that's just two examples. Our league is better than what you think. If we are going down to conference level then we are fubar....

SouthamptonHibs
07-06-2014, 11:07 AM
You do know we've been relegated?
You do know that it might be a tad premature to write a player off without ever having seen him play?

Tell us, oh wise one, what in your estimation would be a realistic, non embarrassing signing?

I have no idea if this guy is single fish or the next Messi, but I'm not going to hammer him before he's even signed.

Well in my world mate any player that is signed from a non league club in England is crap. I watch div two and its crap. Trust me "oh wise one" I watch Pompey play. If this is where Hibs are going then we are in real trouble. I'm not having a go at you but ffs what has Rod done to us over the years that we now expect pinkish like this to be a good signing. I'm standing me ground on this and will be consistent. Imo this is taking the pish we (Hibernian fans) deserve better do you agree / disagree?

nribs
07-06-2014, 11:10 AM
Well in my world mate any player that is signed from a non league club in England is crap. I watch div two and its crap. Trust me "oh wise one" I watch Pompey play. If this is where Hibs are going the death me. I'm not having a go and you but ffs what has Rod done to us over the years that we now expect pinkish like this to be a good signing. I'm standing me ground on this and will be consistent. Imo this is taking the pish we (Hibernian fans) deserve better do you agree / disagree?

It's like saying the SPL is crap because Hibs are crap. There are a few gems in the SPL as is there some gems in lower league football down south.

SouthamptonHibs
07-06-2014, 11:14 AM
It's like saying the SPL is crap because Hibs are crap. There are a few gems in the SPL as is there some gems in lower league football down south.

Few and far between mate. Hibs need to sign a solid core and get a few star players in. We have the fan base. As the movie says, "if you build it they will come".
No one that has not already bought an ST with the players we have is going to buy a ST cause we signed Alex Rodman. I am gutted that's where we are heading.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-06-2014, 11:15 AM
I disagree, I watch Pompey in div two and the spl Is miles better. It's only Scots that dish our league. Our league is on par with the championship easy. I watch the stuff be at every week. Think about it Nelson from Bradford = terrible Collins from Swindon = terrible and that's just two examples. Our league is better than what you think. If we are going down to conference level then we are fubar....

SouthamptonHibs
07-06-2014, 11:17 AM

I take it you disagree? Can I ask why? I have and do watch games from Prem league straight though to conference plus SPL.
Aberdeen Dundee United Celtic would easily stay in the Championship, some off the football is great. I think I no why you laugh it's because of Hibs. We would look bad in the woman's league never mind the Championship.
I speak the truth bob

--------
07-06-2014, 11:21 AM

Yes, but having watched a good number of League One and Two and in the Trophy competition on TV over the past season, I'm unconvinced of your argument.

Part of the problem as I see it is that too many Hibs fans have a highly inflated estimation of where the club stands right now.

Any player signing for us encounters this "have we sunk so low that we're signing players from (enter name of English lower-division club) now?" attitude.

Followed by "if he plays for them he must be tom kite/single fish/whatever insult comes to mind".

I would suggest that for some considerable time Hibs have been the opposition of choice for just about any team in any Cup competition played in Scotland, and Hamilton probably couldn't believe their luck when they got us in the play-off rather than Kilmarnock. Truly we are indeed FUBAR - and SNAFU and FUBB and all the others you'll find listed on a number of relevant websites.

And while we're on American acronyms, I still await solid evidence that the continuing attitude of our surviving "non-executive" chairman to the fans isn't still best summed up as BOHICA - Bend Over Here It Comes Again.

blackpoolhibs
07-06-2014, 11:25 AM

:agree:

I watch quite a bit of the championship, and that team and the previous Hibs teams from say 2009/10 would be relegated each season from it.

He's talking bull.

cleanyman
07-06-2014, 11:30 AM
The Championship isn't very good. Some awful teams in there.

Neither is the Scottish Premiership mind you. Apart from Celtic, our top half would finish mid-table/bott half in that league. Hibs, killie, Partick and the likes would have been relegated at Christmas.

SouthamptonHibs
07-06-2014, 11:42 AM
:agree:

I watch quite a bit of the championship, and that team and the previous Hibs teams from say 2009/10 would be relegated each season from it.

He's talking bull.

Blackpool as I said the Hibs Team would get relegated from the woman's league. Just for back up recent friendlies Bolton 0-0, Blackburn 0-0, Blackpool 2-1 and 0-2. Not to a Shabby.

O
SPL is decent Hibs are crap. Div one England James Collins 18 goals I say no more.

SouthamptonHibs
07-06-2014, 11:44 AM
The Championship isn't very good. Some awful teams in there.

Neither is the Scottish Premiership mind you. Apart from Celtic, our top half would finish mid-table/bott half in that league. Hibs, killie, Partick and the likes would have been relegated at Christmas.

I agree with the relegation part. Hibs need to stay away from League one and two English players we need and could do better

blackpoolhibs
07-06-2014, 11:57 AM
Blackpool as I said the Hibs Team would get relegated from the woman's league. Just for back up recent friendlies Bolton 0-0, Blackburn 0-0, Blackpool 2-1 and 0-2. Not to a Shabby.

O
SPL is decent Hibs are crap. Div one England James Collins 18 goals I say no more.

Blackpool 2 Everton 0 last seasons pre season friendly, Hibs 0 raith 0, hibs 1 Dumbarton 1. Friendlies mean jack.

SouthamptonHibs
07-06-2014, 12:01 PM
Blackpool 2 Everton 0 last seasons pre season friendly, Hibs 0 raith 0, hibs 1 Dumbarton 1. Friendlies mean jack.

Fair play but the SPL is better than league one and two in England? Agree / disagree.

blackpoolhibs
07-06-2014, 12:03 PM
Fair play but the SPL is better than league one and two in England? Agree / disagree.

Disagree, apart from Celtic i don't believe any team would gain promotion to the championship.

Sergio sledge
07-06-2014, 12:04 PM
I agree with the relegation part. Hibs need to stay away from League one and two English players we need and could do better

So there are no, none, zero, nada good players below Championship level in England then?

I take it Man City should have steered clear of signing Joe Hart?

What about Irish football? Maybe we shouldn't have ever signed Sproule because of the level he was playing at.

What about Leagues 1 and 2 in Scotland? Dundee United made a massive mistake signing Robertson from Queens Park, he's turned out to be a dud.

We're much better signing players like Pallson, Makalamby, Alan O'Brien etc, they'll definitely be good seeing as they signed from EPL clubs.....

Truth is, the reason any clubs have scouts is to try to find the hidden gems in the lower leagues, contrary to what you seem to believe they do exist. Any signing is a gamble, no matter where they come from, however Marsella has a good record of finding decent players, so I'm willing to give the guy a chance rather than just write him off because of where he's coming from.

SouthamptonHibs
07-06-2014, 12:07 PM
So there are no, none, zero, nada good players below Championship level in England then?

I take it Man City should have steered clear of signing Joe Hart?

What about Irish football? Maybe we shouldn't have ever signed Sproule because of the level he was playing at.Yt?

What about Leagues 1 and 2 in Scotland? Dundee United made a massive mistake signing Robertson from Queens Park, he's turned out to be a dud.

We're much better signing players like Pallson, Makalamby, Alan O'Brien etc, they'll definitely be good seeing as they signed from EPL clubs.....

Truth is, the reason any clubs have scouts is to try to find the hidden gems in the lower leagues, contrary to what you seem to believe they do exist. Any signing is a gamble, no matter where they come from, however Marsella has a good record of finding decent players, so I'm willing to give the guy a chance rather than just write him off because of where he's coming from.

For every player you have mentioned there has been three times the amount of dross. As for scouts I don't think a 27 year old no man is the answer. Have all 92 English league clubs missed out on a gem? Top your right we are signing crap.

We need to aim higher. How far should we lower the HIBERNIAN brand?

We need quality, we need it asap and we won't find it in div one two or conference

SouthamptonHibs
07-06-2014, 12:09 PM
Disagree, apart from Celtic i don't believe any team would gain promotion to the championship.

No idea how to settle this Blackpool. We can agree to disagree. I think SPL is better quality than we give if credit for.

I just hope that Hibs sign a few quality players in stead of dragging up the dead wood from the sea bed

Sergio sledge
07-06-2014, 12:19 PM
For every player you have mentioned there has been three times the amount of dross. As for scouts I don't think a 27 year old no man is the answer. Have all 92 English league clubs missed out on a gem? Top your right we are signing crap.

We need to aim higher. How far should we lower the HIBERNIAN brand?

We need quality, we need it asap and we won't find it in div one two or conference

OK, so there are absolutely no players in those divisions that could do a job for Hibs then, is that what you are saying?

We should just ignore the potential gems because there loads of rubbish players there also?

Clubs over look good players all the time, there's many stories of players being released and then coming good, or players stacking shelves in supermarkets for years before finally getting a chance at a big club. Hibs would be negligent if they ignored the lower leagues, and the lack of scouting at Hibs over the last few years has been a major problem, we've not been getting value for money.

I don't give two hoots where a player is signed from as long as he is a good player for Hibs. We should be aiming to sign the best players we can, whether that is from Grimsby or Man Utd, I don't really care, it's what they do in a Hibs shirt that counts.

This guy might be crap and he might not be crap, but writing him off because of the level he is currently playing at is ridiculous.

SouthamptonHibs
07-06-2014, 12:26 PM
OK, so there are absolutely no players in those divisions that could do a job for Hibs then, is that what you are saying?

We should just ignore the potential gems because there loads of rubbish players there also?

Clubs over look good players all the time, there's many stories of players YT?being released and then coming good, or players stacking shelves in supermarkets for years before finally getting a chance at a big club. Hibs would be negligent if they ignored the lower leagues, and the lack of scouting at Hibs over the last few years has been a major problem, we've not been getting value for money.

I don't give two hoots where a player is signed from as long as he is a good player for Hibs. We should be aiming to sign the best players we can, whether that is from Grimsby or Man Utd, I don't really care, it's what they do in a Hibs shirt that counts.

This guy might be crap and he might not be crap, but writing him off because of the level he is currently playing at is ridiculous.

sorry Sergio but a disagree, at 27 he needs to have shown more than what he has got. I'm writing him off. He will make Alan Obrien seem like Ronaldo.
Hibs deserve better.

I'm all up for a bargain hunt but we need a solid base of quality signed first before we tart it up with unknown gems round the sides.
This has been our problem for years

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-06-2014, 12:50 PM
It's ridiculous to write someone off before they sign because of the club they are signing from. There are quite literally hundreds of examples of why this is the case. Sproule was playing the equivalent of our JUNIOR football when we brought him over from Ireland. He gave us some of our best recent memories and was sold for a £250,000 profit.
We're a Scottish championship club at the moment FFS

NorthNorfolkHFC
07-06-2014, 01:10 PM
It's ridiculous to write someone off before they sign because of the club they are signing from. There are quite literally hundreds of examples of why this is the case. Sproule was playing the equivalent of our JUNIOR football when we brought him over from Ireland. He gave us some of our best recent memories and was sold for a £250,000 profit.
We're a Scottish championship club at the moment FFS

He was also in one of the better teams we have had in recent years.

"That was classic intercourse!"

heretoday
07-06-2014, 01:12 PM
There's nowt wrong wi' Grimsby lad. Apart from the smell of fish that hangs about. Aberdeen can be like that too.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
11-06-2014, 12:21 PM
Take it this wont be happening any more.

E10 Rifle
11-06-2014, 12:29 PM

Agree with this - the top 4 or 5 teams (at least) in League One last season would wipe our current Hibs team off the park...plus we probably wouldn't be able to afford any of their players. Time for us to get real with where we are. (This is not just indicative of Hibs but of most of the SPL too)