PDA

View Full Version : Who On Here Wants Petrie To Stay?

Thecat23
30-05-2014, 08:55 PM
As the title says who on here wants him to stay. Seems in the polls a few still do.

All I ask is why you feel he should stay and what benefit he brings to Hibs.

ekhibee
30-05-2014, 08:59 PM
Certainly not me, I want him out and as soon as. I've disagreed with others on this board about Butcher, but not Petrie and I'll be going along next Sat at 11.30.

gaz1875
30-05-2014, 09:04 PM
As the title says who on here wants him to stay. Seems in the polls a few still do.

Rod Petrie should stay and pass over the reigns to the next incumbent. If not where would they start?

We have already emptied 14 players and a number been told to move on if offers are made. Getting rid of everyone in my view good cause irreparable damage to the whole club.

Ronniekirk
30-05-2014, 09:11 PM
Rod Petrie should stay and pass over the reigns to the next incumbent. If not where would they start?

We have already emptied 14 players and a number been told to move on if offers are made. Getting rid of everyone in my view good cause irreparable damage to the whole club.

So are you saying stay on for time limited period so there is a transition to new people or are you for him passing on day to day running of club to Lee Ann but staying on a t the club in another non executive role and if so can we really trust him I can't stand that smug grin it just makes me think he doesn't really care what real fans think

gaz1875
30-05-2014, 09:21 PM
So are you saying stay on for time limited period so there is a transition to new people or are you for him passing on day to day running of club to Lee Ann but staying on a t the club in another non executive role and if so can we really trust him I can't stand that smug grin it just makes me think he doesn't really care what real fans think

Stay on passing over the day to day running, once that is carried out I would expect him to move on. Getting rid of everyone would be very foolish which is what my interpretation of the protest is. Don't forget he never set the team up leaving out our best player and telling the majority they were not good enough prior to the total collapse of the team, and safety from relegation.

greenlex
30-05-2014, 09:25 PM

We have already emptied 14 players and a number been told to move on if offers are made. Getting rid of everyone in my view good cause irreparable damage to the whole club.Here's a radical idea. How about where they left of at Fir Park? Maybe even let her off with where she started at Fir Park. We do not need Petrie in the boardroom or anywhere near the club. Oh aye that's a not me. Go asap.

Ronniekirk
30-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Stay on passing over the day to day running, once that is carried out I would expect him to move on. Getting rid of everyone would be very foolish which is what my interpretation of the protest is. Don't forget he never set the team up leaving out our best player and telling the majority they were not good enough prior to the total collapse of the team, and safety from relegation.

But the consensus seems to be that he won't go even after a period of Transition as he needs to stay at Hibs to get that coveted job at SFA

Thecat23
30-05-2014, 09:30 PM

Leeann was headhunted because she can do the job. She won't need to be shown the ropes. That's how I see it and how I'd like it to be.

At least you were honest enough though to answer fair play!

Paisley Hibby
30-05-2014, 09:33 PM

This.

gaz1875
30-05-2014, 09:34 PM
Leeann was headhunted because she can do the job. She won't need to be shown the ropes. That's how I see it and how I'd like it to be.

At least you were honest enough though to answer fair play!

Thanks, I am Just being realistic, some kind of hand over is required in any job, it doesn't mean I support him!!

Baldy Foghorn
30-05-2014, 09:37 PM
I have wanted him out for years, my opinion has not changed:cb

MWHIBBIES
30-05-2014, 09:37 PM
Boring witch hunt, everyone is entitled to their opinions.

WestStandMoaner
30-05-2014, 09:38 PM

Get rid of the Tache as soon as possible, the damage has been done, time for a fresh start, Petrie Out Bucher Out

yeezus.
30-05-2014, 09:40 PM

:agree: Folk are too scared to say if they do.

Thecat23
30-05-2014, 09:40 PM
So are folk just wanting him to stay to help Leeann?

Personally Leeann could do this job no bother. If Petrie was to walk before she took over she would be expected to just get on with things her way like she did at well.

MWHIBBIES
30-05-2014, 09:41 PM
:agree: Folk are too scared to say if they do.Indeed, they are going to get dogs abuse if they do. Its a bit pathetic really.

trev the hat
30-05-2014, 09:41 PM

Plan for post Petrie as it WILL happen, instead of just wanting him out we should be planning like he's already gone.

Thecat23
30-05-2014, 09:42 PM

I'm sorry this isn't a witch hunt and far from it! I'm asking for there views as I just can't see why myself but I'd be interested to listen to there side. So please don't post crap like that when it's not true!

Thecat23
30-05-2014, 09:44 PM

Hope not, like everyone else they should get their point across to why they want him to stay on. We keep seeing folk voting in polls so be nice to hear hear why.

PatHead
30-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Plan for post Petrie as it WILL happen, instead of just wanting him out we should be planning like he's already gone.

Lets hear Leeann;s plans first

Thecat23
30-05-2014, 09:46 PM

This is something I'd like to hear if I'm honest.

gaz1875
30-05-2014, 09:50 PM

I did, everyone is entitled to make their own mind up, haven't received any death threats yet :rolleyes: lol

MWHIBBIES
30-05-2014, 09:53 PM
I'm sorry this isn't a witch hunt and far from it! I'm asking for there views as I just can't see why myself but I'd be interested to listen to there side. So please don't post crap like that when it's not true!It is true though, maybe not your intention but anyone who posts on here in favor of Petrie is going to get **** for it from the usual lot.

West hamBERNIAN
30-05-2014, 09:55 PM
There's nothing to lose in saying what you believe to be true. I think the only argument for him to stay us that it may hamper the preparations for the coming season. Even a small delay in preparations for this season given the amount of changes could be disastrous.

shezer
30-05-2014, 09:56 PM
I say let the man do what he said he will do. If he doesn't do it then he can get out.

Peevemor
30-05-2014, 09:56 PM
Thanks, I am Just being realistic, some kind of hand over is required in any job, it doesn't mean I support him!!

:agree:

erin go bragh
30-05-2014, 09:57 PM
On the financial side of things Petrie has done well . On the Footballing side he is slowly killing us . Time for him to go imo . But i blame Butcher for us getting relegated .

Ggtth

JustSimplyHibs
30-05-2014, 09:57 PM

Yes directly after Rod Petrie's exit press conference.

Leeann then outlines her vision and what she wants to achieve during her time at the club. Then set about explaining to the paying public hows she plans to achieve and re-establish Hibernian's credit and standing in Scottish Football - hopefully including gathering the views of the paying support and Hibernian's sons such as, Pat Stanton...

JJP
30-05-2014, 09:59 PM
I don't want him to stay but I also don't think him leaving will be the end to all of our problems. He just runs the club in the owner's vision. I think he should go though because it is the will of most of our fans, and don't let them fool you, this is OUR club.

Deansy
30-05-2014, 10:01 PM

Leeanne Dempster is an experienced executive, plus there are other directors who could assist her. Rod Petrie's continued presence is, imho, a toxic-one, and has been for some time now. The 'Business 1st - Football 2nd' approach has to go - along with him !.

IberianHibernian
30-05-2014, 10:01 PM
I`ve thought for a long time that Petrie should go but I understand comments about witchhunts completely . I supported Fenlon as manager right to the end despite comments here which put me in a tiny minoriy here but certainly not with Hibs fans I know . With Petrie it`s not the same as people`s opinions of players and managers change from match to match while doubts or worse about Petrie have been going on for several years . We need much stronger leadership from the top of the club but not sure if that can happen in a few weeks and we desperately need a new manager now but who`s going to recruit that manager ? Petrie out , exciting new manager and a few good signings and above all a real effort to stir up support for fans and players could work wonders but timescale makes it difficult but fans like me will contribute more with new manager in place .

dave62
30-05-2014, 10:05 PM
Petrie should welcome Leeann on board, give her the key to the executive washroom, then politely leave.

Thecat23
30-05-2014, 10:05 PM
I say let the man do what he said he will do. If he doesn't do it then he can get out.

Do you think him staying though could do more harm than good for Hibs with the amount of folk against him? For me I think people wanting him to stay may need to look at the bigger picture here.

The huge drop in ST sales and walk ups. This will effect the club but this may be solved by him going. Hope you see what I'm saying and dont think I'm having a dig!

gaz1875
30-05-2014, 10:12 PM
Leeanne Dempster is an experienced executive, plus there are other directors who could assist her. Rod Petrie's continued presence is, imho, a toxic-one, and has been for some time now. The 'Business 1st - Football 2nd' approach has to go - along with him !.

Yes she appears to have been at Motherwell, Hibs have a significantly bigger infrastructure than Motherwell.

Thecat23
30-05-2014, 10:15 PM
Yes she appears to have been at Motherwell, Hibs have a significantly bigger infrastructure than Motherwell.

That's true, but surely the fundamentals of the job is the same if you know what I mean. She seems to be well respected and a clever woman.

JustSimplyHibs
30-05-2014, 10:17 PM

In other words and with a bigger fan base, under the right stewardship we would have a significantly bigger potenial to be a successful club in Scotland?? Which we aint at the moment

monktonharp
30-05-2014, 10:19 PM
Petrie must go, and he will know this. the only decent thing he can do, is to let the fans know that he will hand the reigns over to the new woman, and use the close season to discuss any of the main items with her, open the books, so to speak, then gradually fade into the background as he eventually removes all the family pictures, nice parker pen sets, and leather writing pad from his desk. this must be done BEFORE THE START OF THE NEW SEASON, WITH A PROMISE THAT IT IS DONE THEN. those are the only circumstances I'd submit to, if he stays for a few weeks. the current manager, is to blame for the last 10 weeks of calamity, when all we really needed was 3 or 4 points. I will never forgive him for that,or for his tactics last Sunday. shame on you Butcher.

gaz1875
30-05-2014, 10:25 PM
That's true, but surely the fundamentals of the job is the same if you know what I mean. She seems to be well respected and a clever woman.

The job title is the same yes, the operating processes will be on a different scale to Motherwell. She had the guidance of John Boyle who she was previously employed with, so the working relationship was already in place prior to her taking over at Motherwell. Going in "blind" to the size of this club based on Motherwell, after what has just happened could be a huge risk, considering what is at stake here. IMHO

shezer
30-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Do you think him staying though could do more harm than good for Hibs with the amount of folk against him? For me I think people wanting him to stay may need to look at the bigger picture here.

The huge drop in ST sales and walk ups. This will effect the club but this may be solved by him going. Hope you see what I'm saying and dont think I'm having a dig!

I think the damage to future attendances is already done. People are understandably very upset at the moment so this is all expected. I think people who are looking rid need to come up with some actual proposals and plans instead of just saying Petrie out.

For fans that are so proud and saying it is their club we are very quick to dismiss fan ownership.

gaz1875
30-05-2014, 10:29 PM
In other words and with a bigger fan base, under the right stewardship we would have a significantly bigger potenial to be a successful club in Scotland?? Which we aint at the moment

Absolutely, and we have failed at the most opportunistic time. With The Rangers out the league and Hearts on a points deduction.

monktonharp
30-05-2014, 10:35 PM
The job title is the same yes, the operating processes will be on a different scale to Motherwell. She had the guidance of John Boyle who she was previously employed with, so the working relationship was already in place prior to her taking over at Motherwell. Going in "blind" to the size of this club based on Motherwell, after what has just happened could be a huge risk, considering what is at stake here. IMHOstraight from the manual: when I went on any management training courses was: the purpose of management (it's people) is to get things done. I don't know if she's ever even kicked a ba' but she is in a top notch position in Scottish fitba' now, despite the fact that our club is presently in a lower division. cant see her backing out, rather than stand up ,force her influence to the fore and help get us out of this bloody mess.

Thecat23
30-05-2014, 10:38 PM
I think the damage to future attendances is already done. People are understandably very upset at the moment so this is all expected. I think people who are looking rid need to come up with some actual proposals and plans instead of just saying Petrie out.

For fans that are so proud and saying it is their club we are very quick to dismiss fan ownership.

I would like us to also have a back up plan that's one thing I have to say. I'm not sure if Leeann though could maybe hire her own people that will just need to remain to be seen if he does go.

Thecat23
30-05-2014, 10:41 PM

Think that's a fair enough concern if that's how you feel. I've no idea if it would be better or not but because of the damage Rod has done I can't see anyway but up if she goes alone and brings in others using her experience.

Again just my opinion. But at least now we are seeing why people want him and not just assuming they are all Jambos.

RIP Bestie
30-05-2014, 10:47 PM
I'm not and I want him to stay.
i think he has done a great job in turning around the financial side of this club.

Deansy
30-05-2014, 10:51 PM

Yet Motherwell, along with other smaller clubs than us, have all appeared to out-perform us for some time now ?. I do get what your saying re helping Leeanne Dempster settle in but the time for Petrie to 'hand over the reins' was years ago, plus right now (and for some time) he's viewed as a 'Failed Chairman' so the last thing we need is his 'Business-style, strategies' etc passed onto his replacement.

frazeHFC
30-05-2014, 10:51 PM
i think he has done a great job in turning around the financial side of this club.

Serious? Ok he has got us more financially sound than other clubs, but we're now in a lower division, despite having better finances/crowds/stadium/facilities than most other clubs in the top league.

Crossgates Hibs
30-05-2014, 10:54 PM

Ok, I'm probably going to get some abuse but I'm stunned that Petrie is getting it in the neck for us being relegated more so than the manager.
he has with the exception of Pat Fenlon, Colin Calderwood and Tony Mowbray given us the managers we all wanted. He has gave us fantastic infrastructure and brought down our debt. Remember Mowbray wanting facilities rather than players as he felt it would benefit the club. One of the biggest budgets in the league for his managers. Yes he has got it wrong but myself with others wre delighted when we got Butcher and I read a few in Rod we trust comments. He has brought a lot to Hibs on the infrastructure side and has agreed to step aide and allow Leanne to run the football side the bit he gets wrong so why is he being hounded and not our manager? To me Butcher has more to answer to than Petrie. I'm not a Rod supporter just think others are more culpable than RP. I've not heard anybody other than Collins criticise his backing of managers.

There are lots of criticism I can throw his way but by and large he has done more good than bad sorry to be not waving the pitchfork but if our managers can't outdo st Johnstone, Motherwell and Inverness with our budget then that must be Petrie to blame.
Sorry I don't hold with all this I would rather know why TB didn't play the the only leaders we had and persisted with Harris when the kid is shot on confidence. Why Lam Craig was made captain or how McGivern got a game over Lewis? Why it looked like our players couldn't string a pass together and looked like they had chucked it weeks back I don't expect Petrie to answer that but I do Butcher.

Thecat23
30-05-2014, 11:00 PM

He has, although it was him who also spent recklessly before it. But he has built Hibs a stadium and Training centre which I'd say most agree is a job well done.

But he has not delivered the goods where it matters... On the pitch. I don't support Hibs to watch a balance sheet. Many teams still have good finances but can produce teams on the park. He's failed in the main product which is football after all. Can you see what I'm saying with this? Not arguing as he has previously done well. But offered very little in recent times and the proof is our league standings.

Gustavo Fring
30-05-2014, 11:01 PM
Ok, I'm probably going to get some abuse but I'm stunned that Petrie is getting it in the neck for us being relegated more so than the manager.
he has with the exception of Pat Fenlon, Colin Calderwood and Tony Mowbray given us the managers we all wanted. He has gave us fantastic infrastructure and brought down our debt. Remember Mowbray wanting facilities rather than players as he felt it would benefit the club. One of the biggest budgets in the league for his managers. Yes he has got it wrong but myself with others wre delighted when we got Butcher and I read a few in Rod we trust comments. He has brought a lot to Hibs on the infrastructure side and has agreed to step aide and allow Leanne to run the football side the bit he gets wrong so why is he being hounded and not our manager? To me Butcher has more to answer to than Petrie. I'm not a Rod supporter just think others are more culpable than RP. I've not heard anybody other than Collins criticise his backing of managers.

There are lots of criticism I can throw his way but by and large he has done more good than bad sorry to be not waving the pitchfork but if our managers can't outdo st Johnstone, Motherwell and Inverness with our budget then that must be Petrie to blame.
Sorry I don't hold with all this I would rather know why TB didn't play the the only leaders we had and persisted with Harris when the kid is shot on confidence. Why Lam Craig was made captain or how McGivern got a game over Lewis? Why it looked like our players couldn't string a pass together and looked like they had chucked it weeks back I don't expect Petrie to answer that but I do Butcher.

no abuse just a question

you think a change of manager will cure our problems ?

RIP Bestie
30-05-2014, 11:01 PM
Serious? Ok he has got us more financially sound than other clubs, but we're now in a lower division, despite having better finances/crowds/stadium/facilities than most other clubs in the top league.
Yes your right. But if you're looking for answers to why we are in the lower division have a look at the Football Manager.

SouthamptonHibs
30-05-2014, 11:02 PM
Petrie must go, Butcher must go

Thecat23
30-05-2014, 11:08 PM

Certainly won't get shot down from me. I asked for folks opinions and reading through yours you have stated why.

I could say by just doing what the fans ask is him failing straight away mate. He shouldn't be picking managers because Hibs net thinks such and such is good. He should be going through applicants who are best suited to this job.

Your spot on with the stadium and training centre. I know some may not agree with me on that either but at least we don't have to shell out millions in the future. Sadly though as posted to Beastie the product on the park isn't there. That's the main reason for me he has to go. He's backed managers with 3rd and 4th signing targets.

But again good to see folk aren't afraid to post it's a public forum and the way I was thinking was the ones who want him here may be scared to say why. There is no doubt one or two who are users aren't Hibs fans but every board has them. I wanted real reasons rather than polls where anyone can hit for him to stay just to wind others up.

RIP Bestie
30-05-2014, 11:10 PM
He has, although it was him who also spent recklessly before it. But he has built Hibs a stadium and Training centre which I'd say most agree is a job well done.

But he has not delivered the goods where it matters... On the pitch. I don't support Hibs to watch a balance sheet. Many teams still have good finances but can produce teams on the park. He's failed in the main product which is football after all. Can you see what I'm saying with this? Not arguing as he has previously done well. But offered very little in recent times and the proof is our league standings.
I'm not getting in a debate with you. You asked a question and I answered it.
I don't think it's his job to deliver the goods on the pitch. That's the Football Managers job.
Petries job was to provide the finance to the manager. He done it, the succession of pish managers squandered it. Yes I know he appointed them and he should not be allowed to appoint the next one.
So providing more finance to the manager than other clubs did is a fail?
I am puzzled as to when Petrie spent recklessly though.

Thecat23
30-05-2014, 11:10 PM
Yes your right. But if you're looking for answers to why we are in the lower division have a look at the Football Manager.

But look who appointed him. Yes most including me wanted him and he's defo up there with Rod for blame. But his record with managers is very poor.

silverhibee
30-05-2014, 11:13 PM

How much debt is the club in.

Thecat23
30-05-2014, 11:15 PM
I'm not getting in a debate with you. You asked a question and I answered it.
I don't think it's his job to deliver the goods on the pitch. That's the Football Managers job.
Petries job was to provide the finance to the manager. He done it, the succession of pish managers squandered it. Yes I know he appointed them and he should not be allowed to appoint the next one.
So providing more finance to the manager than other clubs did is a fail?
I am puzzled as to when Petrie spent recklessly though.

Beastie calm down to start with ok. If you read my post I certainly wasn't trying to wind you up. And I don't understand what's wrong with a debate.

Well he spent way out his depth last time we dropped to get us back out money we didn't have. Thankfully the golden generation came through and he seen the chance to cash in (which was right imo) built us a stadium etc.

But ask any chairmen anywhere they will all have a say who's on that pitch. Petrie isn't a football man and it's harder for him. You see what I'm getting at?

Thecat23
30-05-2014, 11:16 PM

What is the actual debt anyway? Is it £6m

Crossgates Hibs
30-05-2014, 11:17 PM
no abuse just a question

you think a change of manager will cure our problems ?

im not bothered if he stays or goes just dont blame Petrie for all our ills. No a new manager will not cure our ills the club needs revamped from top to bottom. I don't think Butcher is the man to take the team forward based on what I have seen. We need a football director ie Pat Stantonto to oversee the running of the club football side such as the under 20s and scouting and linking up with the first team squad. The manager should be able to identify targets and the football director approve and try and sign them. We have a huge disconnect which is Petrie to blame mostly but he isn't a football man. The football director would choose the managers and promote the Hibs way throughout the squads and do the hiring and firing. Scott Lyndsey was hardly equipped to be picking managers etc. we need football people running he club and Petries to fund it.

DownInAlbion
30-05-2014, 11:18 PM
I believe Petrie should stay, he has brought the club financial stability and top class facility's and therefore served his purpose and yes it's too late now but he has handed the footballing matters over so it can't see what harm having him keep the books in order will do as long a sufficient financial backing is given to butcher and co to sort the mess out starting from the team right down to the youth recruitment! Petrie has never taken a salary from the club so he is not costing us anything. If butcher gets results next season we will see the Petrie haters come back anyway so I for one am glad he is refusing to 'budge' ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP Bestie
30-05-2014, 11:18 PM
Im not privy to that information, however, I'm comfortable that the debt is manageable. I wouldn't be so confident if Rod wasn't there.

Thecat23
30-05-2014, 11:20 PM
im not bothered if he stays or goes just dont blame Petrie for all our ills. No a new manager will not cure our ills the club needs revamped from top to bottom. I don't think Butcher is the man to take the team forward based on what I have seen. We need a football director ie Pat Stantonto to oversee the running of the club football side such as the under 20s and scouting and linking up with the first team squad. The manager should be able to identify targets and the football director approve and try and sign them. We have a huge disconnect which is Petrie to blame mostly but he isn't a football man. The football director would choose the managers and promote the Hibs way throughout the squads and do the hiring and firing. Scott Lyndsey was hardly equipped to be picking managers etc. we need football people running he club and Petries to fund it.

Fully agree with all that but without Petrie. Good strategy and I'd like Hibs playing a passing attacking brand of football from u14's right through to the first team so when the make the breakthrough there is no real transition and the slot right in.

Many teams do this now, Southampton being a good example.

Thecat23
30-05-2014, 11:23 PM
I believe Petrie should stay, he has brought the club financial stability and top class facility's and therefore served his purpose and yes it's too late now but he has handed the footballing matters over so it can't see what harm having him keep the books in order will do as long a sufficient financial backing is given to butcher and co to sort the mess out starting from the team right down to the youth recruitment! Petrie has never taken a salary from the club so he is not costing us anything. If butcher gets results next season we will see the Petrie haters come back anyway so I for one am glad he is refusing to 'budge' ;)

I'm confused about the "Petrie has never taken a salary from the club" that's totally wrong mate. He has, then stopped but is now back getting paid.

jacomo
30-05-2014, 11:24 PM
The job title is the same yes, the operating processes will be on a different scale to Motherwell. She had the guidance of John Boyle who she was previously employed with, so the working relationship was already in place prior to her taking over at Motherwell. Going in "blind" to the size of this club based on Motherwell, after what has just happened could be a huge risk, considering what is at stake here. IMHO

You are right. There are risks and a smooth, orderly transition would be preferable in an ideal world.

However, Petrie's been caught out by events. Whatever plan he had in his head has been thrown into chaos by relegation. This club desperately needs to wipe the slate clean and make a fresh start.

We have half a senior squad, no keepers, rumours about players being told they can leave or wanting away, and a manager who really seems to have no idea what he is doing. We need to start fixing this mess yesterday and I just can't see how Petrie has a useful role to play.

trev the hat
30-05-2014, 11:25 PM
What is the actual debt anyway? Is it £6m

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20131002/hibernian-fc-2013-agm_2262950_3478486

Thecat23
30-05-2014, 11:27 PM
Cheers Trev hard to argue with any that. I didn't see the debt number though? Maybe I'm tired or it's the pain killers playing up :D is it In there?

Thecat23
30-05-2014, 11:28 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20131002/hibernian-fc-2013-agm_2262950_3478486

Cheers bud!

DownInAlbion
30-05-2014, 11:28 PM
I'm confused about the "Petrie has never taken a salary from the club" that's totally wrong mate. He has, then stopped but is now back getting paid.

Sorry I must have been Mis informed ah well hope he's taking a 50% relegation wage drop :)

Thecat23
30-05-2014, 11:30 PM
Sorry I must have been Mis informed ah well hope he's taking a 50% relegation wage drop :)

So now you know he is costing money you still feel the same ;)

RIP Bestie
30-05-2014, 11:32 PM
Beastie calm down to start with ok. If you read my post I certainly wasn't trying to wind you up. And I don't understand what's wrong with a debate.

Well he spent way out his depth last time we dropped to get us back out money we didn't have. Thankfully the golden generation came through and he seen the chance to cash in (which was right imo) built us a stadium etc.

But ask any chairmen anywhere they will all have a say who's on that pitch. Petrie isn't a football man and it's harder for him. You see what I'm getting at?
Getting a bit tired of you telling me to calm down and accusing me of being aggressive.
I never accused you of trying to wind me up.
You asked a question and I answered it.
There are several threads on here regarding getting rid of Petrie.
Everyone has their opinions on it and I don't think that anyone is going to change their minds regardless of what points others want to put.
i am aware that you blame Petrie and Farmer for what is bad at this club, that's fine, I just don't want to enter another debate with you about it.
As I said, you asked a question, I thought I would do you the courtesy of replying to help you with your survey.
If you think that all chairmen have a say of who is on the pitch I would have to say that you are, at best, very naive.

hibeemikey21
30-05-2014, 11:33 PM
I have maintained my stance that Petrie is, and always will be, the scapegoat for our problems. He is certainly not the root cause, however.

As has been done to death:

- We have an almost perfect infrastructure - debts being serviced, mortgages being paid off. There will come a time in the not too distant future when funds/revenues can be channeled solely to the transfer/wage budget. No other team in Scotland, barring Celtic, is run so well as a business.

- Petrie gave the masses what they wanted in terms of our current manager. Now he is blamed by the masses for another misguided appointment.

- We have one of the largest budgets in the league. We have attracted good players who have performed and should have been able to perform well at an SPL level. We were spending last summer. Who else apart from ourselves and Celtic was?

Taking the above into account, Petrie has done a more than sufficient job. He is responsible for making Hibs a viable and sustainable going concern. He has achieved this. He is responsible for getting the right manager in. He went with the option most wanted and were happy with. He has provided managers with a budget which should allow Hibs to secure regular top 6 spots, at the very least.

Those who call for his head are frustrated and fed up. They are looking for someone to blame. It's understandable. I just think we could have done, and could do a lot worse than Petrie. We don't have to look too far from home to see that.

trev the hat
30-05-2014, 11:36 PM
Cheers Trev hard to argue with any that. I didn't see the debt number though? Maybe I'm tired or it's the pain killers playing up :D is it In there?

Net debt reduced to £5.5m from £6.4m although I'd guess its nearer the original figure this Oct given there's no SCF etc.

DownInAlbion
30-05-2014, 11:39 PM
So now you know he is costing money you still feel the same ;)

Yea that does not change my views on Petrie he was brought in to do a job and he has delivered unlike anyone else at hibs in recent years, and that's not to say there's nothing bad about the man because he has defiantly caused problems by not investing money on players but he has now handed over the reigns and has hopefully said here is your wage budget and transfer budget you decide what to do with it. I am also sure that both of those budgets match Motherwell's or Aberdeen's so there should now be no excuses as to why we shouldn't be able to sign a higher calibre of player, as I believe that a smaller team with better players beats a bigger team with more mediocre players, you can only start 11 men.

Crossgates Hibs
30-05-2014, 11:42 PM
Certainly won't get shot down from me. I asked for folks opinions and reading through yours you have stated why.

I could say by just doing what the fans ask is him failing straight away mate. He shouldn't be picking managers because Hibs net thinks such and such is good. He should be going through applicants who are best suited to this job.

Your spot on with the stadium and training centre. I know some may not agree with me on that either but at least we don't have to shell out millions in the future. Sadly though as posted to Beastie the product on the park isn't there. That's the main reason for me he has to go. He's backed managers with 3rd and 4th signing targets.

But again good to see folk aren't afraid to post it's a public forum and the way I was thinking was the ones who want him here may be scared to say why. There is no doubt one or two who are users aren't Hibs fans but every board has them. I wanted real reasons rather than polls where anyone can hit for him to stay just to wind others up.

What manager hasn't got their targets? A lot of this IMO is heresay and maybe the targets were out our budget the only manager I recall was Collins who felt he wasn't being backed. Please don't say Leigh Griffiths been done to death. It's not that I want him here I just don't think he is to blame for everything. It's been a chain of events leading to this players and managers far more culpable than Petrie in my eyes.

Thecat23
30-05-2014, 11:46 PM
Getting a bit tired of you telling me to calm down and accusing me of being aggressive.
I never accused you of trying to wind me up.
You asked a question and I answered it.
There are several threads on here regarding getting rid of Petrie.
Everyone has their opinions on it and I don't think that anyone is going to change their minds regardless of what points others want to put.
i am aware that you blame Petrie and Farmer for what is bad at this club, that's fine, I just don't want to enter another debate with you about it.
As I said, you asked a question, I thought I would do you the courtesy of replying to help you with your survey.
If you think that all chairmen have a say of who is on the pitch I would have to say that you are, at best, very naive.

Wasn't asking anyone to change their mind, some have put good views why they personally want him to stay. I don't agree and put my side over but at least we are hearing why! That's more than just "yes" or "no" which doesn't give the reasons.

Anyway, thanks for your input, always a pleasure :D

Thecat23
30-05-2014, 11:48 PM
What manager hasn't got their targets? A lot of this IMO is heresay and maybe the targets were out our budget the only manager I recall was Collins who felt he wasn't being backed. Please don't say Leigh Griffiths been done to death. It's not that I want him here I just don't think he is to blame for everything. It's been a chain of events leading to this players and managers far more culpable than Petrie in my eyes.

He's blown 3 deals with my friend who's an agent. 2 of which left a bad taste in the players mouths.

I'm not going to mention Griffith. As that's a whole other debate.

smack
30-05-2014, 11:49 PM
What is it that everyone expects to change if Petrie goes? We won't have any more money and I don't want to go into debt for players

RIP Bestie
30-05-2014, 11:49 PM
Wasn't asking anyone to change their mind, some have put good views why they personally want him to stay. I don't agree and put my side over but at least we are hearing why! That's more than just "yes" or "no" which doesn't give the reasons.

Anyway, thanks for your input, always a pleasure :D
You miss the point . . . . Again.

Thecat23
30-05-2014, 11:53 PM
You miss the point . . . . Again.

Must be because I'm Naive!! I'll try work on it though, thanks for telling me though bud.

RIP Bestie
30-05-2014, 11:54 PM
He's blown 3 deals with my friend who's an agent. 2 of which left a bad taste in the players mouths.

I'm not going to mention Griffith. As that's a whole other debate.
For God sake man.
do you actually believe what you are saying half the time.
it is getting really frustrating reading some of this.
you blame Petrie in a post to me regarding spending recklessly now you blame him because he wasn't prepared to bow to an agents demands.
You can at least try to be consistent in your arguments.

DownInAlbion
30-05-2014, 11:55 PM
I have maintained my stance that Petrie is, and always will be, the scapegoat for our problems. He is certainly not the root cause, however.

- We have an almost perfect infrastructure - debts being serviced, mortgages being paid off. There will come a time in the not too distant future when funds/revenues can be channeled solely to the transfer/wage budget. No other team in Scotland, barring Celtic, is run so well as a business.

- Petrie gave the masses what they wanted in terms of our current manager. Now he is blamed by the masses for another misguided appointment.

- We have one of the largest budgets in the league. We have attracted good players who have performed and should have been able to perform well at an SPL level. We were spending last summer. Who else apart from ourselves and Celtic was?

Taking the above into account, Petrie has done a more than sufficient job. He is responsible for making Hibs a viable and sustainable going concern. He has achieved this. He is responsible for getting the right manager in. He went with the option most wanted and were happy with. He has provided managers with a budget which should allow Hibs to secure regular top 6 spots, at the very least.

Those who call for his head are frustrated and fed up. They are looking for someone to blame. It's understandable. I just think we could have done, and could do a lot worse than Petrie. We don't have to look too far from home to see that.

100% Agree

#FromTheCapital
30-05-2014, 11:56 PM
Perhaps this will be taken the wrong way by some/most on here, but I see Petrie as a shield for the real root of the problem - Tom Farmer. Yes Petrie makes the decisions but I've no doubt that farmer pulls the strings. Thanks for saving us tom but please give the reins to someone who cares about Hibernian Fc.

Thecat23
31-05-2014, 12:01 AM
For God sake man.
do you actually believe what you are saying half the time.
it is getting really frustrating reading some of this.
you blame Petrie in a post to me regarding spending recklessly now you blame him because he wasn't prepared to bow to an agents demands.
You can at least try to be consistent in your arguments.

Calm down (sorry)

Ok I pointed out he was reckless as you didn't know. He sold the players we brought through and tightened the ship. Again right thing to do. These deals were agreed in principle yet when such players arrived to sign they found themselves In a battle of negotiations. Rather than what was first agreed. Petrie however did show sense when it came to the Greg Wylde deal. Bolton moved the goalposts on that one so he told them to bolt. Just as said players done to him for also shifting the posts.

Now that I have supplied you with this info you may do what you like with it. Hope this helps.

hibeemikey21
31-05-2014, 12:09 AM
:kbacker:

Go on then. What do you disagree with?

RIP Bestie
31-05-2014, 12:10 AM
Calm down (sorry)

Ok I pointed out he was reckless as you didn't know. He sold the players we brought through and tightened the ship. Again right thing to do. These deals were agreed in principle yet when such players arrived to sign they found themselves In a battle of negotiations. Rather than what was first agreed. Petrie however did show sense when it came to the Greg Wylde deal. Bolton moved the goalposts on that one so he told them to bolt. Just as said players done to him for also shifting the posts.

Now that I have supplied you with this info you may do what you like with it. Hope this helps.
You weren't telling me anything I didn't know.
i don't think that spending to get us promotion was spending recklessly.
It is Petries job to get the best deals for the club just as it your mates job to get the best deal for his clients. Hell mend you Rod for doing your job well and not being taken for a ride. Maybe your mate is a bit bitter as he never got the cut he was hoping for and blames Rod for this.
thanks for this latest bout of info and to be honest I think what I am going to do is congratulate you on being the first on my ignore list.

Thecat23
31-05-2014, 12:13 AM
You weren't telling me anything I didn't know.
i don't think that spending to get us promotion was spending recklessly.
It is Petries job to get the best deals for the club just as it your mates job to get the best deal for his clients. Hell mend you Rod for doing your job well and not being taken for a ride. Maybe your mate is a bit bitter as he never got the cut he was hoping for and blames Rod for this.
thanks for this latest bout of info and to be honest I think what I am going to do is congratulate you on being the first on my ignore list.

Mmm you talk about me missing the point! Yeah prob best.. Take care now!!

Edit. I love how it annoys you that folk actually get good info and you can't handle hearing it. Don't need to believe it but it's funny how it bugs you :D

The Falcon
31-05-2014, 12:17 AM
Cheers bud!

Your PM box is full!

ANDY McGEECHAN
31-05-2014, 12:18 AM

Me

Crossgates Hibs
31-05-2014, 12:20 AM

Agree 100% especially the last bit. People are quick to forget the good things he has done. This to me is a total witch hunt. All I ever hear is about throwing more cash about that isn't the problem in my eyes.

trev the hat
31-05-2014, 12:22 AM
Go on then. What do you disagree with?

I can assure you I was not one of the masses you refer to.
As you rightly say, another misguided appointment
what good players have we attracted that have performed ?
if Petrie's job has been done more than sufficient in your eyes, that's great, I'm glad your happy.

Thecat23
31-05-2014, 12:52 AM
Your PM box is full!

Will clear it first thing.

Emerald
31-05-2014, 12:56 AM

I agree with you. I still dont think he is the root of the boil at Hibs but maybe his puss needs removed. I think everyone needs clearing out but Petrie isn't the tyrant some think he is. However I cant see how he can continue with the hate he has now got from a lot of supporters.

Saorsa
31-05-2014, 12:56 AM
Stay on passing over the day to day running, once that is carried out I would expect him to move on. Getting rid of everyone would be very foolish which is what my interpretation of the protest is. Don't forget he never set the team up leaving out our best player and telling the majority they were not good enough prior to the total collapse of the team, and safety from relegation.aye, imagine getting rid of the tool that caused this, whatever next eh! The damage he has caused happened long before TB was here and opened his mouth about anything. Do you see where the real sun rises in the morning?

Saorsa
31-05-2014, 12:58 AM
Thanks, I am Just being realistic, some kind of hand over is required in any job, it doesn't mean I support him!!If she needs advice from the **** that has dragged us down tae here she might as well no bother

Saorsa
31-05-2014, 01:03 AM
I say let the man do what he said he will do. If he doesn't do it then he can get out.aye because he's done that before and is beyond reproach right?

Saorsa
31-05-2014, 01:10 AM
Absolutely, and we have failed at the most opportunistic time. With The Rangers out the league and Hearts on a points deduction.we have failed? who the **** is we? the person running this club (and the people with their heids up his erse maybe) have failed that's who has failed, **** all tae dae with we.

Saorsa
31-05-2014, 01:13 AM
i think he has done a great job in turning around the financial side of this club.**admin deleted** relegated twice now under him and farmer in 16/17 years, as many times as in the 130 years before. You (and some others) however should be congratulated on your steadfast and unwavering support for these people, some job your team have done. Good job, well run club, good show, jolly good show.

Nailrod
31-05-2014, 01:23 AM
The answer to the question "Why would anybody want Petrie to stay" is very simple.

There is a dwindling band of people who live in a complete fantasy world.

You have a guy on here telling you that Rod 'has never taken a salary from Hibs' when the truth is that at the height of his folly (and at a point where we were already well into our spiral of decline) he was the highest paid chief executive in Scottish football, and Hibs were squandering the nonsensical sum of half a million pounds a year on director's salaries...

The same fantasists will happily tell you that Road has given us 'financial stability', when the truth is that we are in a very precarious position, and steadily approaching the brink of a very unpleasant precipice...

You try to tell a guy that you know for a fact that Rod has several times welshed on agreements he has made, and tried to renegotiate them at the point of signing - a colossally stupid thing to do in any people-oriented business - and the guy twists your story into one of a heroic Rod bravely fighting off the demands of greedy and unreasonable agents...

Fantasists, living in a fantasy world. The awakening to reality is going to be particularly unpleasant for them.

Nailrod
31-05-2014, 02:22 AM
**admin deleted** relegated twice now under him and farmer in 16/17 years, as many times as in the 130 years before. You (and some others) however should be congratulated on your steadfast and unwavering support for these people, some job your team have done. Good job, well run club, good show, jolly good show.
Last year we had a bunch of players who weren't even good enough to beat Championship sides, far less SPL opposition, managed by a guy who hasn't a clue.

We've got rid of all these guys, and we'll be replacing them from a mythical pool of much better players who for some undefined reason are only getting paid half as much, recruited by the same guy who hasn't a clue.

Onto the magic bus to Lala Land with Saint Rod! Onwards and upwards! Hoorah for financial stability!

Aldo
31-05-2014, 02:36 AM
I have previously gone on record supporting RP fervently however in the last 7 or so years he has slowly ripped the heart and soul out of the club.

He has to GO for me!!

We will get nowhere with him at the helm or with him anything to do with club!

bighairyfaeleith
31-05-2014, 06:16 AM
I don't particularly want anyone at director level to stay or go. What I want is the chief exec who has just arrived to have a bit of time to suss out how things are done and then she can decide what's worth keeping, and what's worth changing.

I'm sure if Leanne says to the board that a change of chairman would be beneficial for the club in terms of revenue from fans then this would happen.

What I am uncomfortable with though is the fans leading a witch hunt to chase someone out of the club, this isn't wallace mercer we are talking about here. We are talking about a chairman who personally I think has been guilty of listening to much to the fans. Successive managers have been dismissed because of fan power and look where that has got us. You only need to read these forums on matchday to see why fans shouldn't run a football club:greengrin

I worry where this protest will lead us to, it really does feel like certain folks smelling blood and going for the kill.

bighairyfaeleith
31-05-2014, 06:18 AM
The answer to the question "Why would anybody want Petrie to stay" is very simple.

You have a guy on here telling you that Rod 'has never taken a salary from Hibs' when the truth is that at the height of his folly (and at a point where we were already well into our spiral of decline) he was the highest paid chief executive in Scottish football, and Hibs were squandering the nonsensical sum of half a million pounds a year on director's salaries...

The same fantasists will happily tell you that Road has given us 'financial stability', when the truth is that we are in a very precarious position, and steadily approaching the brink of a very unpleasant precipice...

You try to tell a guy that you know for a fact that Rod has several times welshed on agreements he has made, and tried to renegotiate them at the point of signing - a colossally stupid thing to do in any people-oriented business - and the guy twists your story into one of a heroic Rod bravely fighting off the demands of greedy and unreasonable agents...

Fantasists, living in a fantasy world. The awakening to reality is going to be particularly unpleasant for them.

absolute pish, is this how you are going to force this through, belittle people who disagree with you?

gaz1875
31-05-2014, 09:04 AM
If she needs advice from the **** that has dragged us down tae here she might as well no bother

Advice? Where on any of my posts have I said she needs advice?

ionahibby
31-05-2014, 09:17 AM
What is it that everyone expects to change if Petrie goes? We won't have any more money and I don't want to go into debt for players

Agree we need as many hands on deck to get us out of this mess and that includes Petrie. Telling folk to resign as this time won't help. Let's be honest Petrie has done more good than evil, even though most folk on here won't admit it!

Hibstrooper
31-05-2014, 09:20 AM
We need to be putting every effort to be pulling together more than ever to get this club back to where it belongs.

That should be our only focus.

Petrie could be the best man in the world to rebuild the club however whilst he remains in charge we cannot move forward as one because of the feeling towards him. He knows this and if he truly had the clubs best interest at heart he would step aside.

So I can understand why some fans would think he has done a good job and may think he isn't to blame however can't see how anyone would think he should stay because we can't truly progress together until he has gone.

Benny Brazil
31-05-2014, 10:12 AM

Unbelievable.
TC started the thread looking for a genuine debate on why people would still support Petrie. You come on and blow that out the water by trying to belittle other peoples views. These people are fellow Hibs fans. If you cant respect their right to give their opinion then dont bother posting. I would expect to see that sort of thing on Kickback - not Hibs.net.

For the record I am not fussed if Petrie goes straight away. If he and Dempster feel that a handover period is necessary then fine - once Dempster is up to speed then he should go. I agree with the posters who say he isn't the root of the problem, we wont suddenly turn into a footballing force again with him gone - we wont instantly attract better players if he goes - but there is too much poison around the club now that he needs to leave once Dempster is up and running.

s.a.m
31-05-2014, 10:15 AM
Unbelievable.
TC started the thread looking for a genuine debate on why people would still support Petrie. You come on and blow that out the water by trying to belittle other peoples views. These people are fellow Hibs fans. If you cant respect their right to give their opinion then dont bother posting. I would expect to see that sort of thing on Kickback - not Hibs.net.

For the record I am not fussed if Petrie goes straight away. If he and Dempster feel that a handover period is necessary then fine - once Dempster is up to speed then he should go. I agree with the posters who say he isn't the root of the problem, we wont suddenly turn into a footballing force again with him gone - we wont instantly attract better players if he goes - but there is too much poison around the club now that he needs to leave once Dempster is up and running.

Thecat23
31-05-2014, 10:35 AM
Again I'm glad people have been honest and upfront and I hope I've responded to most who have posted without coming across as having a dig because you support him.

To move forward we must listen to the views of all who still back Petrie. The thing that worries me is there are far more Hibs fans who want him out than don't. If he stays on any level these fans could be gone from ER and right now right or wrong the club will be toiling. Me Petrie could solve this by completely leaving and writing up a letter to Leeann about the area of the job she may need advice in. That way it's up to her to say "yes I'll read it and decide" rather than having him trying to mould her into him with his ideas if he's still there.

No one person is bigger than Hibernian football club, that's a fact. But there seems to me one man who thinks he actually is with the patronizing statements he gives. The same speeches he gives and the way he actually never gives a straight answer to a question.

I can see hibs being in limbo for many years if we don't sort this mess now. The sit back and wait and see attitude has not worked we backed the club only for horrific football and now we are down. The fans deserve their say against Petrie it's us who keep this club going.

So for me, if he stays ST sales will be an all time low along with walk ups. Do you guys really want this just for the sake of one man?? I'd hate to think things could turn nasty towards him but if he stays that could happen. I don't agree btw but his handling of it all will tip some fans over the edge.

The fact he was sitting smiling at the pens which he was when you watch it back, says it all. He doesn't care like we care. My heart was pounding at pens I felt sick to my stomach and seeing our chairmen smiling was sickening.

livy
31-05-2014, 11:17 AM
I want petrie to go but think he should wait till leanne has settled in. butcher is the one who should go right now,he got us relegated with his ridiculas tactics and team selections.:flag:

erskine-hibby
31-05-2014, 11:27 AM

Me too, and I've taken dogs abuse in the past for my views...not that I gave a flying ****.

emerald green
31-05-2014, 11:29 AM
Having read through most of this thread, there are those that will support RP no matter how low the club has sunk, on the pitch, under his stewardship. I simply cannot agree with that point of view. When any organisation is failing, the buck has to stop somewhere. In the case of HFC, the buck stops with Petrie.

He has been responsible for one failed managerial appointment after another, and now the club has been relegated and is staring into the abyss IMHO. Why these managerial appointments have all, basically, ended in failure is another issue and has been debated on these threads ad nauseum. I don't think anyone really knows why they have all failed. It's probably a combination of lots of factors. However, the one common denominator in all this is Rod Petrie.

I do not know the man personally, but from what I've read and been told, he comes across as smug and arrogant, and certainly does not have they same deep down love of this club that the supporters have. His only concerns appear to be financial. There's no real emotional attachment.

I would have thought that Leeann Dempster would have had several long discussions already with Rod Petrie about the current state of affairs at ER, and will not be coming into her new job completely cold. If RP has to stay to enable some sort of hand over to the new CEO, it really has to be for the bare minimum amount of time before he leaves this club permanently. His continued presence at the club will be divisive at a time when everyone connected to our club must stick together.

I note earlier posts about his shareholding in the club, and I've no expertise as far as that's concerned. Hopefully that's a barrier that can be overcome further down the track? I've also no idea what Sir Tom Farmer's views on all this are because he doesn't say. Silence as usual there.

All fans should get behind LD to help her sort out the mess this club is now in. I worry that the size of task facing her may prove too much for one person, and she will need the fans help and good will. I'm sure it will be there if she has open, honest, and meaningful dialogue with the supporters. RP's continued presence at ER may prove to be a barrier to achieving that.

Good luck LD. You are going to need it. It's going to take a lot of hard work to get this club back to where it belongs.

See you Rod. You will not be missed when you're gone. And before anyone says we've got a great stadium and training facility, that's very nice indeed. However, I would much prefer we were still in the SPFL with a good team on the pitch, playing attractive football and winning football matches.

Thecat23
31-05-2014, 11:59 AM
Having read through most of this thread, there are those that will support RP no matter how low the club has sunk, on the pitch, under his stewardship. I simply cannot agree with that point of view. When any organisation is failing, the buck has to stop somewhere. In the case of HFC, the buck stops with Petrie.

He has been responsible for one failed managerial appointment after another, and now the club has been relegated and is staring into the abyss IMHO. Why these managerial appointments have all, basically, ended in failure is another issue and has been debated on these threads ad nauseum. I don't think anyone really knows why they have all failed. It's probably a combination of lots of factors. However, the one common denominator in all this is Rod Petrie.

I do not know the man personally, but from what I've read and been told, he comes across as smug and arrogant, and certainly does not have they same deep down love of this club that the supporters have. His only concerns appear to be financial. There's no real emotional attachment.

I would have thought that Leeann Dempster would have had several long discussions already with Rod Petrie about the current state of affairs at ER, and will not be coming into her new job completely cold. If RP has to stay to enable some sort of hand over to the new CEO, it really has to be for the bare minimum amount of time before he leaves this club permanently. His continued presence at the club will be divisive at a time when everyone connected to our club must stick together.

I note earlier posts about his shareholding in the club, and I've no expertise as far as that's concerned. Hopefully that's a barrier that can be overcome further down the track? I've also no idea what Sir Tom Farmer's views on all this are because he doesn't say. Silence as usual there.

All fans should get behind LD to help her sort out the mess this club is now in. I worry that the size of task facing her may prove too much for one person, and she will need the fans help and good will. I'm sure it will be there if she has open, honest, and meaningful dialogue with the supporters. RP's continued presence at ER may prove to be a barrier to achieving that.

Good luck LD. You are going to need it. It's going to take a lot of hard work to get this club back to where it belongs.

See you Rod. You will not be missed when you're gone. And before anyone says we've got a great stadium and training facility, that's very nice indeed. However, I would much prefer we were still in the SPFL with a good team on the pitch, playing attractive football and winning football matches.

Very good post, and agree about backing LD.

soproni1
31-05-2014, 12:05 PM
I think petries only really made 2 big mistakes. Not backing Collins (john that is) and selling stokes on the last day if the window leaving yogi with no one. Hiring bad managers might be a frequent feature but only caller wood and butcher have had no real success. That being said I think if the club is going to grow as a result of the last months antics, I think he does have to step down. But butcher should go 1st

Alfred E Newman
31-05-2014, 12:07 PM
The campaign against Petrie is deflecting attention from the real cause of our disastrous relegation namely Butcher & co.

Keith_M
31-05-2014, 12:10 PM

Anyone that disagrees with the majority will just be rounded on by some of the more fervent among us.

I want Petrie to go but if others don't, they're perfectly entitled to their point of view and no-one should deny them that right.

emerald green
31-05-2014, 12:15 PM
Very good post, and agree about backing LD.

Thanks. :aok:

RIP Bestie
31-05-2014, 12:20 PM

Where were the facts?
"My mate the agent told me" doesn't make it fact.
it amazes me that Rod is painted the liar in situations like this and people want to think of agents as some sort of squeaky clean negotiators when it suits them.
have a look at TheCats post on this thread, he agrees with everything good that Rod has done at this club but want to overlook that because the teams pish. Then he says the chairman should get involved in what's on the park. Where we are is down to poor decisions by a string of managers wanting to bring their own players in. The fact is on most occasions their own players have been no better than the ones already here. Petries mistake? Backing them.
people want a scapegoat and that's fine, but please be honest and consistent in your arguments.

hhibs
31-05-2014, 12:40 PM
It is true though, maybe not your intention but anyone who posts on here in favor of Petrie is going to get **** for it from the usual lot.

Ii must be pretty clear by now, the individuals view on the retention of MR Petrie is no longer of consequence,he is toxic to the Hibernian FC brand and must go.

Even the most convinced champions of the man must see that...surely ?

GGTTH

Thecat23
31-05-2014, 12:51 PM
Where were the facts?
"My mate the agent told me" doesn't make it fact.
it amazes me that Rod is painted the liar in situations like this and people want to think of agents as some sort of squeaky clean negotiators when it suits them.
have a look at TheCats post on this thread, he agrees with everything good that Rod has done at this club but want to overlook that because the teams pish. Then he says the chairman should get involved in what's on the park. Where we are is down to poor decisions by a string of managers wanting to bring their own players in. The fact is on most occasions their own players have been no better than the ones already here. Petries mistake? Backing them.
people want a scapegoat and that's fine, but please be honest and consistent in your arguments.

I don't want to overlook it Beastie, because like I say he has done well. I posted we over spent getting out the first division and also over spent in the prem following the promotion. These are facts not made up! But he seen how things were and changed thankfully.

I do think having a DOF could help the chairmen with players, give him an idea of what they are like etc. so they know who we are wanting and why they would benifit the team.

I'm not asking you to believe the info I gave you asked so I answered. I told you how Rod was right about Wylde but you don't seem to believe he done the same thing regarding other deals.

If you were applying for a job with a fixed salary and you got the final interview and then they said well actually we think this is a fair deal without explaning why? These deals were agreed all that the player was told was to sign. They even charged the player for staying at the hotel something neither the player or agent has seen before even at lower leagues as it was Hibs who offered to fly him over and put him up.

The agent I know isn't anything like the ones Brown or Thomson had. He works for an American sports firm who deal with all kinds of sports. He has some big names on his list and he's not one to try pull a fast one.

I've tried to explain it so you have a better idea how these things work. Like I say up to you to take it in, but don't just dismiss it because he's my friend. He's done some good deals with Hibs before all this.

Nailrod
31-05-2014, 01:14 PM
absolute pish, is this how you are going to force this through, belittle people who disagree with you?

"Rod has never taken a salary from the club. He costs us nothing..."
I'm being kind to people who believe this when I call them fantasists.

"Rod has given us financial stability..."
The club are currently slashing costs like a teenage gorefest, in a desperate and probably futile attempt to balance the books for next season. I'm being kind to people who believe this is 'financial stability' when I call them fantasists.

If you read the post above this one, you will see Thecat trying for the nth time to give to a fellow poster a steer on Rod Petrie behaving like an East End barrowboy in his player negotiations. I'm being kind to people who believe that this is 'strong leadership' when I call them fantasists.

Benny Brazil
31-05-2014, 01:17 PM

The club are currently slashing costs like a teenage gorefest, in a desperate and propbably futile attempt to balance the books for next season. I'm being kind to people who believe this is 'financial stability' when I call them fantasists.

Your not being kind - your being patronising.

Peevemor
31-05-2014, 01:27 PM

The club are currently slashing costs like a teenage gorefest, in a desperate and probably futile attempt to balance the books for next season. I'm being kind to people who believe this is 'financial stability' when I call them fantasists.

If you read the post above this one, you will see Thecat trying for the nth time to give to a fellow poster a steer on Rod Petrie behaving like an East End barrowboy in his player negotiations. I'm being kind to people who believe that this is 'strong leadership' when I call them fantasists.

I reckon that people who invent false quotes are fantasists.

Simkin911
31-05-2014, 01:32 PM
I don't care whether Petrie stays or goes. However, if he goes is there some type of cast iron guarantee that confirms someone worse won't slip into the position....? Perhaps to avoid the unfortunate habit we've entered into with a succession of useless managers....

Perhaps we need to be mindful of too much change too quickly.

Thecat23
31-05-2014, 01:36 PM
I reckon that people who invent false quotes are fantasists.

A poster did post "Rod has never taken a salary." If that's what you were meaning bud?

Nailrod
31-05-2014, 01:44 PM
Your not being kind - your being patronising.Well maybe that'll work. Nothing else appears to.

bighairyfaeleith
31-05-2014, 01:51 PM
Well maybe that'll work. Nothing else appears to.

Try debating and considering everyone's opinions before insulting them.

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

Benny Brazil
31-05-2014, 01:52 PM
Well maybe that'll work. Nothing else appears to.

It won't.

Nailrod
31-05-2014, 01:57 PM
I reckon that people who invent false quotes are fantasists.I hate to be a pedant Peevemor, but since it's you...

They weren't 'false quotes'. In fact they weren't intended to be quotes at all. If I had wanted them to be quotes I would have copied the exact words out of the relevant posts, and put them in a quotation box, as one does.

They were intended to be general expressions of widely-held views. I put them in quotation marks and italics so that it would be clear that these were not my own views I was expressing.

After all, isn't it true that there is a widely-held view that Petrie hasn't been taking any money out of the club? Some rather outspoken posters have even succeeded in making themselves look quite foolish on the subject.

HappyHibby93
31-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Given the fact that RP is standing down from the every day running of the club, and the fact that he will not be involved particularly in things like players contracts, I honestly cannot see the point in such a big campaign to remove RP. It seems very clear that Hibs fans want to see change, and that is fair, as we are clearly not doing something right. However, i think that it is far to easy to stand and blame everything on Petrie. Yes he's made mistake's, but its not his fault we didn't defend Hamilton's equaliser better, it's not his fault that the team utterly capitulated in the second half of the season. I would much rather see change in our youth academy, the way they are coached, our scouting system. For me that is where Hibs' biggest problems lie. This theory that once Petrie goes everything will be rosey, is idiotic and simplistic.

jacomo
31-05-2014, 02:00 PM
I don't care whether Petrie stays or goes. However, if he goes is there some type of cast iron guarantee that confirms someone worse won't slip into the position....? Perhaps to avoid the unfortunate habit we've entered into with a succession of useless managers....

Perhaps we need to be mindful of too much change too quickly.

Of course change carries a risk. It seems the majority view of the support - including me - is that carrying on as before is now a bigger risk.

Some have been calling for Petrie to go for a while. I've been slow to come round to that point of view, but relegation (following years of decline and drift) is definitive proof that his leadership of the club is now failing. We simply cannot afford to waste time, he needs to go.

A Budget Hearts overseen by Levein and an infighting NewCo managed by Sally should hold no fear for a properly run Hibs. We need to build a competitive squad and prepare for a tough season. There's a lot of work to do. Petrie is just getting in the way of clearing up the mess.

Peevemor
31-05-2014, 02:03 PM
A poster did post "Rod has never taken a salary." If that's what you were meaning bud?

Ok cheers.

I hate to be a pedant Peevemor, but since it's you...

They weren't 'false quotes'. In fact they weren't intended to be quotes at all. If I had wanted them to be quotes I would have copied the exact words out of the relevant posts, and put them in a quotation box, as one does.

They were intended to be general expressions of widely-held views. I put them in quotation marks and italics so that it would be clear that these were not my own views I was expressing.

After all, isn't it true that there is a widely-held view that Petrie hasn't been taking any money out of the club? Some rather outspoken posters have even succeeded in making themselves look quite foolish on the subject.

In the statement that you put in quotation marks (but isn't apparently a quote :cool2:) you said that Petrie has never taken any money from the ciub. As far as I can see, this isn't a widely held view at all unless a single post makes it so (see above). There was a period where RP was unpaid by HFC, that is a fact. It is possible that he is currently taking a salary, but even that remains unclear.

And f I was you I'd stop trying to be pedantic. You're crap at it.

RIP Bestie
31-05-2014, 02:04 PM
I hate to be a pedant Peevemor, but since it's you...

This is not something that I have ever heard or indeed, believed.

Nailrod
31-05-2014, 02:04 PM
Try debating and considering everyone's opinions before insulting them.

Sent from my C2105 using TapatalkOk. Which of your reasons for continuing to support Rod would you like me to debate and consider?

Financial stability?

Kaiser1962
31-05-2014, 02:11 PM
It is possible that he is currently taking a salary, but even that remains unclear.

I was going to ask that. Has he said he is being paid again?

Nailrod
31-05-2014, 02:16 PM
This is not something that I have ever heard or indeed, believed.Well that doesn't mean it's not a widely-held view.

There was a recent thread you might read in which one or two posters rounded on Hibercelona and abused, mocked and ridiculed him mercilessly for expressing the view that Petrie might be taking money out of the club. They were quite categorical in their statements that Petrie has not been taking any money out of the club.

Unfortunately I can't remember which thread it was. Maybe Peevemore can give you a steer.

Peevemor
31-05-2014, 02:16 PM
I was going to ask that. Has he said he is being paid again?

One of our knowledgable accountant type posters reckons an entry in last year's accounts is probably RP's salary, whereas another isn't so sure.

RIP Bestie
31-05-2014, 02:18 PM
I really am not sure that TheCats intention for this thread is genuine.
it was made out that this thread was different to other threads where it was all about trying to understand why people would want Rod to stay.
The OP then went about dissecting people's point of view if it differed from his and ignored the positive things that were factual about Petries reign. Congratulating and thanking people who sat at his side of the fence for their input and support of his views.
it was mentioned not long into this thread that people were scared to come on and back Petrie as it would just turn into a witch hunt against anyone who dared have that view. People were assured that would not be the case.
I'm afraid that didn't last long and TheCats attempt of coming a mediator has failed dramatically.

RIP Bestie
31-05-2014, 02:20 PM
Well that doesn't mean it's not a widely-held view.

There was a recent thread you might read in which one or two posters rounded on Hibercelona and abused, mocked and ridiculed him mercilessly for expressing the view that Petrie might be taking money out of the club. They were quite categorical in their statements that Petrie has not been taking any money out of the club.

Unfortunately I can't remember which thread it was. Maybe Peevemore can give you a steer.
Taking money from the club and being paid a salary are two completely different things.

Thecat23
31-05-2014, 02:30 PM
it was made out that this thread was different to other threads where it was all about trying to understand why people would want Rod to stay.
The OP then went about dissecting people's point of view if it differed from his and ignored the positive things that were factual about Petries reign. Congratulating and thanking people who sat at his side of the fence for their input and support of his views.
it was mentioned not long into this thread that people were scared to come on and back Petrie as it would just turn into a witch hunt against anyone who dared have that view. People were assured that would not be the case.
I'm afraid that didn't last long and TheCats attempt of coming a mediator has failed dramatically.

Guys can someone have a word with him. This is a genuine thread I've not just backed people who are agreeing with me. I've openly said to many thanks for putting their side of things over.

Because he doesn't agree is fine but calling me a liar is utter nonsense! He's not once acknowledged anyone who has given facts "like when I said Petrie over spent" he will not agree with anyone about how he's failed in crucial departments. Where others who want him to stay also see he's not done well in all departments.

Again nothing wrong with a few but it's clear he is very aggressive to other posters who doesn't agree shooting them down. To the ones who have posted and been honest thanks I for one appreciate it and as I said good to read others views rather that a poll.

So please to god can someone tell him to get a grip of himself or just ignore my posts.

Benny Brazil
31-05-2014, 02:40 PM
Guys can someone have a word with him. This is a genuine thread I've not just backed people who are agreeing with me. I've openly said to many thanks for putting their side of things over.

Because he doesn't agree is fine but calling me a liar is utter nonsense! He's not once acknowledged anyone who has given facts "like when I said Petrie over spent" he will not agree with anyone about how he's failed in crucial departments. Where others who want him to stay also see he's not done well in all departments.

Again nothing wrong with a few but it's clear he is very aggressive to other posters who doesn't agree shooting them down. To the ones who have posted and been honest thanks I for one appreciate it and as I said good to read others views rather that a poll.

So please to god can someone tell him to get a grip of himself or just ignore my posts.

TC - I do think your attempts to have a debate about this were genuine - however with emotions running high within the support it was never going to be just a debate.

Thecat23
31-05-2014, 02:49 PM
TC - I do think your attempts to have a debate about this were genuine - however with emotions running high within the support it was never going to be just a debate.

Thanks Benny, it was a genuine thread and some good posts as well from guys who want him to stay. I hope I've responded to them without being cheeky or smart. Just two very different opinions but as you can see a certain poster seems obsessed with stuff I post.

emerald green
31-05-2014, 03:26 PM
Given the fact that RP is standing down from the every day running of the club, and the fact that he will not be involved particularly in things like players contracts, I honestly cannot see the point in such a big campaign to remove RP. It seems very clear that Hibs fans want to see change, and that is fair, as we are clearly not doing something right. However, i think that it is far to easy to stand and blame everything on Petrie. Yes he's made mistake's, but its not his fault we didn't defend Hamilton's equaliser better, it's not his fault that the team utterly capitulated in the second half of the season. I would much rather see change in our youth academy, the way they are coached, our scouting system. For me that is where Hibs' biggest problems lie. This theory that once Petrie goes everything will be rosey, is idiotic and simplistic.

I don't think anyone has put forward that "theory", or actually said that have they? Certainly not me.

I wouldn't dare presume to speak for others on these threads, as they are all capable of doing that for themselves. However, I think what a lot of posters are saying is that if Petrie stays everything will just get worse, not better? If I'm wrong, that's fine. Just the impression I get reading these threads.

MSK
31-05-2014, 03:37 PM

So please to god can someone tell him to get a grip of himself or just ignore my posts.Guys..why don't you both stick each other on ignore ..problem solved ..

Hibercelona
31-05-2014, 03:38 PM
We don't need Petrie to "pass on" anything to Leeann Dempster. His "day to day" running of the club has had nothing but dire effects where it matters most.

I'd rather he just left and Leeann decided for herself exactly how she is going to go about things.

Despite Hibs being larger than Motherwell, the overall process of running the club wont be all that different, if at all.

Rods lingering is like a bad smell waiting to pass.

lucky
31-05-2014, 04:01 PM
Anyone else concerned that RP is the one that headhunted Dempster? After all track record in appointing managers is extremely poor. What makes her appointment any different?

Nailrod
31-05-2014, 04:05 PM
In the statement that you put in quotation marks (but isn't apparently a quote :cool2:) you said that Petrie has never taken any money from the ciub. As far as I can see, this isn't a widely held view at all unless a single post makes it so (see above). There was a period where RP was unpaid by HFC, that is a fact. It is possible that he is currently taking a salary, but even that remains unclear.

And f I was you I'd stop trying to be pedantic. You're crap at it.I didn't say they were widely-held views. I said they were general expressions of widely-held views. A general expression of a widely-held view needn't be identical to the widely-held view.

In the case in point there is a widely-held view that Rod is currently not being paid, but I chose to express it more specifically, based on an individual post on this thread, that Rod has never been paid.

Hibercelona
31-05-2014, 04:05 PM
Anyone else concerned that RP is the one that headhunted Dempster? After all track record in appointing managers is extremely poor. What makes her appointment any different?

You could argue that some of his appointments may not have turned out to be half as bad, if Petrie had less control to begin with.

There's been friction between Petrie and managers over the years and thats bound to have had a negative impact.

Peevemor
31-05-2014, 04:07 PM
I didn't say they were widely-held views. I said they were general expressions of widely-held views. A general expression of a widely-held view needn't be identical to the widely-held view.

In the case in point there is a widely-held view that Rod is currently not being paid, but I chose to express it more specifically, based on an individual post on this thread, that Rod has never been paid.

So you made it up then?

emerald green
31-05-2014, 04:09 PM

His track record in appointing football managers/coaches has been catastrophic. LD's role however is not managing and coaching football players. That's Butcher & Malpas' job (at least for now) which they have failed at spectacularly.

The supporters have to give LD a chance and a fair hearing. We've got very little else to cling onto at the moment the way I see it.

Benny Brazil
31-05-2014, 04:18 PM
I didn't say they were widely-held views. I said they were general expressions of widely-held views. A general expression of a widely-held view needn't be identical to the widely-held view.

Time to give it a rest I think.

Nailrod
31-05-2014, 04:26 PM
Taking money from the club and being paid a salary are two completely different things.They're not 'completely' different. You could take money out of the club without being paid a salary, but it would be a bit difficult to be paid a salary without taking money out of the club.

Whatever. Change the references in my post from 'taking money' to 'receiving a salary' if it makes you happier.

The evidence suggests Petrie is receiving a salary. Until definitive info becomes available that's what I'll choose to believe, but I'm not planning on ridiculing anybody who says he might not be.

Dashing Bob S
31-05-2014, 04:39 PM
Petrie has done great things at our club, but his last seven years have seen us in inexorable decline, culminating in the one of the worst slumps in sporting history and the humiliation of relegation. Make no mistake, for such a well resourced club to achieve relegation in such a poor league, is a momentously terrible footballing achievement, akin in reverse to Alex Ferguson making Aberdeen European Champions.

That Petrie can't see this and exercise the ultimate test of leadership and step aside, is for me the compelling reason why he has to go. He has clearly lost all perspective and has nothing left to offer the club than his intransigent and misplaced sense of his own worth.

hhibs
31-05-2014, 05:22 PM
[QUOTE=Dashing Bob S;4042273]Petrie has done great things at our club, but his last seven years have seen us in inexorable decline, culminating in the one of the worst slumps in sporting history and the humiliation of relegation. Make no mistake, for such a well resourced club to achieve relegation in such a poor league, is a momentously terrible footballing achievement, akin in reverse to Alex Ferguson making Aberdeen European Champions.

That Petrie can't see this and exercise the ultimate test of leadership and step aside, is for me the compelling reason why he has to go. He has clearly lost all perspective and has nothing left to offer the club than his intransigent and misplaced sense of his own worth.[/QUOTE

Well put sir.

HappyHibby93
31-05-2014, 05:31 PM
I don't think anyone has put forward that "theory", or actually said that have they? Certainly not me.

I wouldn't dare presume to speak for others on these threads, as they are all capable of doing that for themselves. However, I think what a lot of posters are saying is that if Petrie stays everything will just get worse, not better? If I'm wrong, that's fine. Just the impression I get reading these threads.

Fair enough, although what I get from the demands of the HSA is that they want Petrie to go, for the better of the club. What I don't understand is that people seem to be forgetting the day to day running of the club will handed over to Leanne Dempster, and there will be change at the club. I find the whole thing with Petrie to be at bit of a witch hunt, and a rather boring, uninspiring one at that

Feed McGraw
31-05-2014, 06:35 PM

I don`t want his "reigns" passed on to anyone - his "reigns" are what got us here in the first place. As for the fourteen players, how many of them had an influence on where we are now ? Irreparable damage ??!! How much worse can it get ?

jacomo
31-05-2014, 06:49 PM
Fair enough, although what I get from the demands of the HSA is that they want Petrie to go, for the better of the club. What I don't understand is that people seem to be forgetting the day to day running of the club will handed over to Leanne Dempster, and there will be change at the club. I find the whole thing with Petrie to be at bit of a witch hunt, and a rather boring, uninspiring one at that

Nope, not a witch hunt. Two summers ago we were promised change and it simply hasn't happened. 'Winds of change' may now be blowing but the majority of the support has run out of patience. I'm with them.

emerald green
31-05-2014, 06:58 PM

OK, you're entitled to your opinion. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. It's not a witch hunt. It's about saving our club IMO. I just cannot be bothered arguing this matter any longer to be honest. Sorry.

It's got to the stage that the club's supporters are arguing amongst each other, and that's the last thing the club needs now.

Hibrandenburg
31-05-2014, 07:08 PM
If I'm honest I've been on the fence regarding Petrie for years now. I think most of his managerial appointments were spot on at the time, it's how he's gone about managing his managers that I see fault with.

A football team manager's role could be compared to that of a sergeant in the army. He's responsible for ensuring the lads are up to the job at hand and if not preparing them to do so. He doesn't need to be of one particular type of personality but he does need to have final say about what happens and that always nearly always is the case in the army. The system works because those at the top would put their hand in fire for the sergeant and if anybody goes it's not him instead it's those who don't fit in to the squad the way he wants to run it.

Petrie would have you believe he's always backed his managers but a quick look back over the last decade tells a different story. They've been thrown to the lions everytime things got too uncomfortable in Petrie's office, the fans have to take some blame also because we are the lions. Instead Petrie should have backed his manager to the hilt even against fan pressure, he failed.

Add all that to the fact that the hysteria is now so great that we've now passed the point of no return and Petrie is no longer an option if our club wants to move forward on a united front. Petrie has to go, the lions win again but I don't think it'll solve many of our problems, whose next on the menu.

gaz1875
31-05-2014, 07:08 PM
I don`t want his "reigns" passed on to anyone - his "reigns" are what got us here in the first place. As for the fourteen players, how many of them had an influence on where we are now ? Irreparable damage ??!! How much worse can it get ?

These players will need to be replaced and not coming up first or second time around, or dropping further down the divisions will be a whole lot worse no?

Feed McGraw
31-05-2014, 08:22 PM
These players will need to be replaced and not coming up first or second time around, or dropping further down the divisions will be a whole lot worse no? Gaz, of course dropping down the divisions would be worse, but that is not going to happen. We need new players, we all know that, but you were making out that losing those particular players was a big deal, when it has no relevance , certainly none in regards to whether Petrie stays or not.

147lothian
31-05-2014, 08:25 PM
If truth be told we have been run like a championship club for long before we got religated and I can't see us improving while petrie is there, he has to go for the benefit of the club, he's became a toxic brand

gaz1875
31-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Gaz, of course dropping down the divisions would be worse, but that is not going to happen. We need new players, we all know that, but you were making out that losing those particular players was a big deal, when it has no relevance , certainly none in regards to whether Petrie stays or not.

The point I was making was we will have no one left, most of these players were not good enough but not all. I would like to think there was an agreed plan to bring in replacements for these players between Butcher & Petrie (but maybe not) but relegation could have jeopardised this. Getting rid of both or one of them at this stage certainly would do. That may of course be a blessing in disguise or it could cause irreparable damage only time will tell.

greenlex
31-05-2014, 08:45 PM
The point I was making was we will have no one left, most of these players were not good enough but not all. I would like to think there was an agreed plan to bring in replacements for these players between Butcher & Petrie (but maybe not) but relegation could have jeopardised this. Getting rid of both or one of them at this stage certainly would do. That may of course be a blessing in disguise or it could cause irreparable damage only time will tell.
I don't think there is any doubt that this player cull would havre happened whether we were in the premiership or not. The problem now us attracting players to us in the championship. It may be a squad to get us up followed by another cull with players to keep us up.

gaz1875
31-05-2014, 08:54 PM
[QUOTE=greenlex;4042536]I don't think there is any doubt that this player cull would havre happened whether we were in the premiership or not. The problem now us attracting players to us in the championship. It may be a squad to get us up followed by another cull with players to keep us up.[/QUOTE

I hope so!!

Smartie
31-05-2014, 09:00 PM
If I'm honest I've been on the fence regarding Petrie for years now. I think most of his managerial appointments were spot on at the time, it's how he's gone about managing his managers that I see fault with.

A football team manager's role could be compared to that of a sergeant in the army. He's responsible for ensuring the lads are up to the job at hand and if not preparing them to do so. He doesn't need to be of one particular type of personality but he does need to have final say about what happens and that always nearly always is the case in the army. The system works because those at the top would put their hand in fire for the sergeant and if anybody goes it's not him instead it's those who don't fit in to the squad the way he wants to run it.

Petrie would have you believe he's always backed his managers but a quick look back over the last decade tells a different story. They've been thrown to the lions everytime things got too uncomfortable in Petrie's office, the fans have to take some blame also because we are the lions. Instead Petrie should have backed his manager to the hilt even against fan pressure, he failed.

Add all that to the fact that the hysteria is now so great that we've now passed the point of no return and Petrie is no longer an option if our club wants to move forward on a united front. Petrie has to go, the lions win again but I don't think it'll solve many of our problems, whose next on the menu.

I agree with all of this.

Petrie has been the constant though. With him gone, hopefully Butcher will have someone at the top prepared to support him and give him a platform to succeed. Given time, he did well in his last job and has won this division before.

Hopefully that will be the end of the bloodlust. And it would be nice to get into a cycle of managers leaving because they've succeeded and been headhunted elsewhere a la St Johnstone rather than this cycle of failure.

edwards
31-05-2014, 09:03 PM
The bottom line is Petrie needs to go Leanne Dempster can do that job with her eyes closed, Petrie doesn't have a clue about the playing side of the team and most of the fans have lost faith in him.

As for Terry and Maurice it wasn't terry who blew it and passed to the opposition to let jason scotland score it was McGivern, It wasn't maurice who let jason scotlan turn him to lay on the second it was Nelson most of the blame must lay with the players purchased by Pat Fenlon they have been absolute dire none more so than last sunday. :rolleyes:

Paisley Hibby
31-05-2014, 09:16 PM
The bottom line is Petrie needs to go Leanne Dempster can do that job with her eyes closed, Petrie doesn't have a clue about the playing side of the team and most of the fans have lost faith in him.

As for Terry and Maurice it wasn't terry who blew it and passed to the opposition to let jason scotland score it was McGivern, It wasn't maurice who let jason scotlan turn him to lay on the second it was Nelson most of the blame must lay with the players purchased by Pat Fenlon they have been absolute dire none more so than last sunday. :rolleyes:

And who was responsible for the tactical ineptitude, the bizarre choice of starting 11 and the even stranger substitutions. Who was responsible for the complete lack of confidence at home in front of 18,000 Hibs fans and with 2 goals of a start? It's pretty clear to me who was to blame and if he stays as our manager things will surely get worse.

Lewis77
31-05-2014, 09:26 PM
Butcher and Petrie out for me

Heedersnvolleys
31-05-2014, 09:31 PM
Butcher and Petrie out for me
Yip

edwards
31-05-2014, 09:32 PM
And who was responsible for the tactical ineptitude, the bizarre choice of starting 11 and the even stranger substitutions. Who was responsible for the complete lack of confidence at home in front of 18,000 Hibs fans and with 2 goals of a start? It's pretty clear to me who was to blame and if he stays as our manager things will surely get worse.

The Players :rolleyes:

I am not saying terry and maurice are completly blameless, our defence has been dire. We needed a quality central defender in January we ended up with Nelson, when Leigh left who scored goals for fun we ended up with Collins, I think that speaks volumes of Fenlon's choices in players. :rolleyes:

greenlex
31-05-2014, 09:38 PM
The Players :rolleyes:

I am not saying terry and maurice are completly blameless, our defence has been dire. We needed a quality central defender in January we ended up with Nelson, when Leigh left who scored goals for fun we ended up with Collins, I think that speaks volumes of Fenlon's choices in players. :rolleyes:
I think more importantly a goal scorer was needed in January. Even 5 or 6 goals from one would have made an enormous difference.hindsight eh?

SkintHibby
31-05-2014, 09:50 PM
Petrie reminds me of the fall of the Berlin wall 20 odd years ago. Suddenly countries had 'must cling to power at all costs' hated leaders that the masses seen a chink of light in getting rid of. Sadly our Nicoli Ceausescu is still with us! :-(

edwards
31-05-2014, 09:53 PM
I think more importantly a goal scorer was needed in January. Even 5 or 6 goals from one would have made an enormous difference.hindsight eh?

Totaly agree greenlex but the problem was Fenlon again blew the budget and Butcher was left wi the scraps, we couldn't get Rooney because there was no money there to spend, the board should have let Butcher have the cash to get either Rooney or Boyd.

greenlex
31-05-2014, 10:03 PM
Totaly agree greenlex but the problem was Fenlon again blew the budget and Butcher was left wi the scraps, we couldn't get Rooney because there was no money there to spend, the board should have let Butcher have the cash to get either Rooney or Boyd.
Agree. Only thing in either defence is I don't think anybody in January in their wildest dreams thought we would be where we are. There was always gonna be a clear out and perhaps they wanted to wait rather than start the rebuild then.but more likely the permanent deal rather than the proposed loan deal for Rooney would have taken us over budget and would not be sanctioned.

James.
31-05-2014, 10:20 PM
Do we really think he doesn't have the club's best interests at heart or that he is deliberately sabotaging the club from the inside? This word 'toxic' that is banded about is a bit over the top for me. Why remove him now when he is handed over the running of the footballing side to Dempster? Let him get on with what he has proven himself to be good at, building the off-field infrastructure of the club.

edwards
31-05-2014, 10:31 PM
Do we really think he doesn't have the club's best interests at heart or that he is deliberately sabotaging the club from the inside? This word 'toxic' that is banded about is a bit over the top for me. Why remove him now when he is handed over the running of the footballing side to Dempster? Let him get on with what he has proven himself to be good at, building the off-field infrastructure of the club.

He has had fifteen years to sort the playing side out on the park. Has failed miserably enough is enough he must move on how much more failure can we take we need change and we need it now. :agree:

Heedersnvolleys
31-05-2014, 10:32 PM

Fenlon never blew the budget the budget was blown paying ICT compensation for our terrible trio and there would probably be extra costs on wages for them also!

jeffers
31-05-2014, 10:33 PM

Is that true tho ? Or is it more accurate that whatever budget would have been available in January was blown paying off a manager who offered his resignation and then having to pay compensation for the dream team of Butcher, Malpas and Marsella.

edwards
31-05-2014, 10:33 PM
Sorry meant to include if he was to stay do you really think he will let Dempster have the last word [ don't think so ] Taxi for petrie

greenlex
31-05-2014, 10:38 PM
No I'm sure he does. He doesn't see the damage he is doing now by just being there. The vast majority want him gone. He is doing no good there now. He himself has said the running of the club will be handed over. If he has nothing more to do then all he needs to do is remove himself from the board. If however he wants to wield influence he will need to be there. That's exactly what he is doing and it is tearing the club/ support apart. That is very toxic. Nothing OTT IMO. Just how I see it.

IberianHibernian
31-05-2014, 10:49 PM

Add all that to the fact that the hysteria is now so great that we've now passed the point of no return and Petrie is no longer an option if our club wants to move forward on a united front. Petrie has to go, the lions win again but I don't think it'll solve many of our problems, whose next on the menu.Agree about managers . It`s not just who you appoint but how you back him and not just in financial terms . Exactly a year ago fans were arguing about whether we should have celebrated defeat in the cup final but that so called celebration was part of a feel good factor after qualifying for Europe and playing some good football too ( 4 goals at Killie in cup then 3 without LG in league for example ) . We lost our 2 best players , had less than a month between seasons and lost Harris through injury almost a month before transfer window closed but did not sign one player who`d really make a difference ( rumour of 200000 for Collins appeared in press later denied but who started rumour ? ) in a mediocre league but suddenly had money to pay off PF and ICT a few months later ( strangely no other candidates seemed to have been interviewed , when was decisión to appoint Butcher taken ? ) . Was PF given chance to have an assistant that he really wanted ? With CC I don`t know as impression we`ve always been leaked through press is that he didn`t really want to be with us and his loan signings were excellent compared with other recent managers and I know he tried to sign other top class players . Could say the same about Yogi , Mixu etc Perhaps RP has listened too much at times regarding managers . Also agree about your last paragraph - seeing relegation coming a few weeks ago ( or before ! ) I thought at least it would lead to a fresh start with new manager , more chances for young players and other players keen to make an impression and if well handled by club could be start of something exciting . Hard to say what will happen in next few weeks / months /years but I suspect we`ll be back in top división in 2015 / 16 because of league reconstruction which will only be confirmed after very lucrative playoffs between us , The Rangers and Hearts with some other club winning league .

bighairyfaeleith
01-06-2014, 05:38 AM

How many players would you have started with?:wink:

Gustavo Fring
01-06-2014, 06:39 AM

we looked confident at easter road under fenlon right enough

bighairyfaeleith
01-06-2014, 07:03 AM
we looked confident at easter road under fenlon right enough

I'm not a fenlon fan, but he was capable of getting a performance when we where in trouble, we may have been **** the rest of the season granted but I don't believe he would have had us in the playoff. I did agree it was time for him to go though in the end.

big gogs
01-06-2014, 02:40 PM
As an hibs fan of many years,I for one can state my case with out fear ,rod Petrie must go,followed by butcher ,malpas and the coaching team,and any body else who stands in Leanne dempsters way.as told to me by a Motherwell fan Leanne dempster does not take prisoners. I have ever met the lady ,but for what it's worth she has my vote.

Nailrod
01-06-2014, 02:51 PM
Time to give it a rest I think.Hey you know what Benny I'll decide for myself when I'm tired of responding to Peevemore's rapier like thrusts, if it's ok with you. And even if it isn't.

Ronniekirk
01-06-2014, 03:16 PM
I'm not a fenlon fan, but he was capable of getting a performance when we where in trouble, we may have been **** the rest of the season granted but I don't believe he would have had us in the playoff. I did agree it was time for him to go though in the end.

If we are using hindsight and being honest think you are right ,and waiting to the end of would have meant we wouldn't of needed to pay compensation for T B as his contract was up this summer anyway but as Fans some of us ,me included ,were fed up with the team passing side ways and back and it wasn't great to watch .he also didn't seem to have an eye for a player and didn't seem to have contacts or Scouting system to identify players .

Speedway
01-06-2014, 06:11 PM
As long as we have STF, we have Rod.

jacomo
01-06-2014, 06:55 PM

May well be true. But the Petrie GTF sentiment is really people saying enough is enough. Especially as Petrie has promised change before and not delivered. I imagine the campaign is reaching STF and forcing him to give Hibs some attention.

ahibby
01-06-2014, 09:54 PM
I am one of the 5% that isn't represented by Mike Reilly et al. I say Rod stays to hand over the reigns then he goes.

HappyHibby93
02-06-2014, 01:48 AM
OK, you're entitled to your opinion. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. It's not a witch hunt. It's about saving our club IMO. I just cannot be bothered arguing this matter any longer to be honest. Sorry.

It's got to the stage that the club's supporters are arguing amongst each other, and that's the last thing the club needs now.

Fair doos, I certainly agree that something has to change, however what I said in my previous post, I think we should be looking at re-shaping our scouting system, and changing what we do in terms of youth coaching, as clearly it hasn't worked to the desired effect. Just not convinced that Petrie leaving solves the problem. However, I certainly agree that it is time for change at our club.

HappyHibby93
02-06-2014, 01:49 AM
I am one of the 5% that isn't represented by Mike Reilly et al. I say Rod stays to hand over the reigns then he goes.

I'm with you, maybe that bumps it up to 6% :rolleyes:

HappyHibby93
02-06-2014, 01:53 AM
Nope, not a witch hunt. Two summers ago we were promised change and it simply hasn't happened. 'Winds of change' may now be blowing but the majority of the support has run out of patience. I'm with them.

I definitely agree that something has to change, there can be no doubt about that. However, i feel that we should be looking into re-shaping the scouting and youth systems, as, going by the players we have signed, and the players we have produced, there had been a real lack of quality. I'm yet to be convinced that if Petire goes, it solves the problem

blackpoolhibs
02-06-2014, 05:51 AM
Last year we had a bunch of players who weren't even good enough to beat Championship sides, far less SPL opposition, managed by a guy who hasn't a clue.

We've got rid of all these guys, and we'll be replacing them from a mythical pool of much better players who for some undefined reason are only getting paid half as much, recruited by the same guy who hasn't a clue.

Onto the magic bus to Lala Land with Saint Rod! Onwards and upwards! Hoorah for financial stability!
Exactly, you have to wonder just how all these other clubs manage to survive without one of the other 99 Rod Petrie's working for them.

Nailrod
02-06-2014, 06:38 AM
So you made it up then?I dind't make anything up Peevemor.

There is a widely-held belief that Petrie has not been receiving a salary from Hibs. That is a fact.

One poster on this thread extended that claim to a belief that Petrie has never received a salary from Hibs. That too is a fact.

There is a widely-held belief that Petrie has given Hibs financial stability. That too is a fact.

And it is also a fact, regrettably, that while Jonnyboy delivered volleys of direct and personal abuse at Hibercelona on the Petrie Lifeboat thread, you capered around in the background contributing noddys and smileys, for all the world like a playground bully's hanger-on.

So no. I didn't make anything up.

Peevemor
02-06-2014, 07:38 AM
I dind't make anything up Peevemor.

There is a widely-held belief that Petrie has not been receiving a salary from Hibs. That is a fact.

One poster on this thread extended that claim to a belief that Petrie has never received a salary from Hibs. That too is a fact.

There is a widely-held belief that Petrie has given Hibs financial stability. That too is a fact.

And it is also a fact, regrettably, that while Jonnyboy delivered volleys of direct and personal abuse at Hibercelona on the Petrie Lifeboat thread, you capered around in the background contributing noddys and smileys, for all the world like a playground bully's hanger-on.

Yes you did and you're at it again.

Re. the bit in bold, I've just scrolled through the thread and this seems to be what you're referring to.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?284495-Petrie-will-get-in-his-lifeboat-before-the-end&p=4032006&viewfull=1#post4032006

That makes a grand total of once in the entire thread that I replied with a smiley to show that I agreed with Jonnyboy (ironically he wasn't even replying to Hibercelona).

I'm one of the few on here that, from the start, has refused to jump blindly on the "Petrie out" bandwagon (even though I believe he should go), makiing many posts in the process which go against the huge tide of vitriol currently being directed toward RP & co., yet it's me that's the "playground bully's hanger-on"?

Your penchant for exaggeration, fantasy and name calling is astonishing.

In addition, you're inferring that Jonnyboy himself is the "playground bully". That's something I would retract and apologise for if I was you.

Ronniekirk
02-06-2014, 07:44 AM

Facts may be facts ,But for me has has made some poor decisions and his judgement can be flawed The issue in now down to whether someone who has lost the Trust of a section of the support is the right person to be staying on at the club and can unite the club going forward . Like it or not it's Fact that in some peoples eyes he isn't the person to do that and they are trying to do something about it . If they don't succeed, and Petrie stays and we win promotion at first time of asking ,and go on to establish ourselves as a Top Six club in first Season back up ,then some people will be eating Humble Pie and it's then a non issue .

Nailrod
02-06-2014, 03:45 PM
Facts may be facts ,But for me has has made some poor decisions and his judgement can be flawed The issue in now down to whether someone who has lost the Trust of a section of the support is the right person to be staying on at the club and can unite the club going forward . Like it or not it's Fact that in some peoples eyes he isn't the person to do that and they are trying to do something about it . If they don't succeed, and Petrie stays and we win promotion at first time of asking ,and go on to establish ourselves as a Top Six club in first Season back up ,then some people will be eating Humble Pie and it's then a non issue .Ha! It's a fact that after seven years of abject failure I got us relegated from the weakest top tier in the history of Scottish football. But I got us straight back up again!

Eat humble pie at Rod's table, my critics! EAT HUMBLE PIE!

(FWIW I don't think we have an earthly of winning promotion next season. But I certainly won't be eating humble pie at Rod's table if we do.)

jacomo
02-06-2014, 05:12 PM
Facts may be facts ,But for me has has made some poor decisions and his judgement can be flawed The issue in now down to whether someone who has lost the Trust of a section of the support is the right person to be staying on at the club and can unite the club going forward . Like it or not it's Fact that in some peoples eyes he isn't the person to do that and they are trying to do something about it . If they don't succeed, and Petrie stays and we win promotion at first time of asking ,and go on to establish ourselves as a Top Six club in first Season back up ,then some people will be eating Humble Pie and it's then a non issue .

People will be eating humble pie if Hibs finish in the top six in the top flight in 2015/16?

Why? Because Hibs finally achieve a League placing roughly in line with their following in Scottish football? I really don't follow you.

The club should not be in this position. We're a mess. If we manage to get out of this mess quickly I'll be happy but it will only be getting the club back on the right path.

ekhibee
02-06-2014, 06:10 PM

Yeh, at the moment it looks like it, although things can change. What I can't understand is how Sir Tom Farmer hasn't made any comment at all recently as far as I can see regarding the club. Regardless of whether he isn't that interested in football, I would of expected something from him, even if it was an endorsement of Petrie, but there's been nothing I can see. Maybe somebody else can correct me if I'm wrong. It's almost as if Petrie is left, publicly anyway, to fight his own corner with no noticeable support that I can see. I want him out as soon as possible, but the man who has the final say is noticeable by his abscence IMO.

Jonnyboy
02-06-2014, 08:19 PM

For which I apologised but don't let that fact stop your attack on me

Peevemor
02-06-2014, 08:20 PM
For which I apologised but don't let that fact stop your attack on me

Bully !

Hibrandenburg
02-06-2014, 09:23 PM
Bully for him!

Fixed that for you :wink:

Nailrod
03-06-2014, 02:46 AM
For which I apologised but don't let that fact stop your attack on meI know you apologised. I wasn't attacking you. I was attacking Pevemor. You just got caught up in the crossfire. You did launch a rather ill-judged personal attack on Hibercelona though, and it was relevant to the point I was trying to make.

As I said on another thread, this incident would never have happened if it wasn't for Petrie's obsession with secrecy about things that there is no reason to be secretive about. There is no reason for him not to make absolutely clear to the fans - who are the club's biggest source of income - whether or not he is being paid a salary for his work, even if he is not obliged to do so by law.

I'm not saying he should declare what the salary is - that's up to him - but if I was the Chairman of Hibs I would make it a point of principle to be sure that the fans knew if I was being paid, and if I was being paid, on principle, I would also let the fans who pay my salary know how much I was being paid.

SON OF PADDY
03-06-2014, 07:38 AM

I agree 100% well said.

flash
03-06-2014, 07:54 AM

Of course that's what should happen. It is utterly moronic to suggest that he should go before Leanne Dempster has even settled in.

Ronniekirk
03-06-2014, 08:10 AM
I definitely agree that something has to change, there can be no doubt about that. However, i feel that we should be looking into re-shaping the scouting and youth systems, as, going by the players we have signed, and the players we have produced, there had been a real lack of quality. I'm yet to be convinced that if Petire goes, it solves the problem
Well why hasn't Petrie overseen the changes you have rightly identified as needing addressed .Goodness knows he has had long enough to do it .
But apart from being prudent ,and having IMO an unhealthy obsession with Infrastructure to the detriment of product on the park he hasn't had the foresight to do this over the past seven years that have seen a steady decline culminate in Relegation He also hasn't had good judgement to appoint a Management Team that can .
Can someone please outline why we need him as surely if all he is is a Conduit between STF and the Board is this really necessary .Someone convince me that this is a positive for the club going forward and not just an individual earmarking a role for himself in a new regime to fettle his vested interest

Peevemor
03-06-2014, 08:17 AM
I know you apologised. I wasn't attacking you. I was attacking Pevemor. You just got caught up in the crossfire. ...

No you were trying and failing.

Still having a bit of trouble with my user name too I notice.

NOLA
03-06-2014, 08:42 AM
very well put.

Lucius Apuleius
03-06-2014, 08:46 AM
Of course that's what should happen. It is utterly moronic to suggest that he should go before Leanne Dempster has even settled in.

Don't think I would go as far as moronic but goes against all business practice I know. You cannot change a system if you don't know what the system is.

Saorsa
03-06-2014, 08:51 AM
Don't think I would go as far as moronic but goes against all business practice I know. You cannot change a system if you don't know what the system is.Naebody else currently on the board kens the system then and how the club works (or mair accurately, disnae work)? Only petrie really kens the system and the rest of them dae what? or are just there dae what they are telt?

Somebody else who has experience of running a fitba club (and done a far better job) couldnae just come in and start doing a better job than the clown that's making an erse of it now? They'd need tae go some tae dae a worse job.

borstalboy
03-06-2014, 01:02 PM
Don't think I would go as far as moronic but goes against all business practice I know. You cannot change a system if you don't know what the system is.

I'd be more inclined to agree with your point about business practice if it was someone new to this type of role.

It's not as if Leeann Dempster is a novice at running a football club, as we've all pretty much agreed, she's done a great job at Motherwell. So what does Rod actually need to show her?....

Nutmegged
03-06-2014, 01:17 PM
I don't think I can say I want Rod Petrie to stay, I'm just not sure what real benefit it'll be to the club if he actually goes.

We all know he is a good Administrator, that goes without saying, he put himself in a ridiculous situation when he was basically the man who had to ask himself for money to strengthen the team, in situations like that, most guys will air on the side of caution, although they'll ultimately answer to themselves, if profits are down he'll feel an obligation to the business side of things to limit spending to a minimal.

What he desperately needed in my opinion was another voice, one who's first priority is to the manager and strengthening the First Team Squad, then that voice can haggle with Petrie over what they can spend and what they can't - this situation makes for a far more balanced negotiation

I'd be willing to see how this plays our with Leeann Dempster as the other voice, lets see how she gets on in the haggle with Petrie, if things don't improve then it becomes unequivocal.

On the otherhand, if the venom directed at Petrie is so Poisonous that the fans become simply unwilling to accept any other outcome than his departure then you simply have to keep the paying customer happy.

Jonnyboy
03-06-2014, 07:41 PM
I know you apologised. I wasn't attacking you. I was attacking Pevemor. You just got caught up in the crossfire. You did launch a rather ill-judged personal attack on Hibercelona though, and it was relevant to the point I was trying to make.

As I said on another thread, this incident would never have happened if it wasn't for Petrie's obsession with secrecy about things that there is no reason to be secretive about. There is no reason for him not to make absolutely clear to the fans - who are the club's biggest source of income - whether or not he is being paid a salary for his work, even if he is not obliged to do so by law.

I'm not saying he should declare what the salary is - that's up to him - but if I was the Chairman of Hibs I would make it a point of principle to be sure that the fans knew if I was being paid, and if I was being paid, on principle, I would also let the fans who pay my salary know how much I was being paid.

Accepted but in my mind warranted given that his posts were entirely guesswork and only really facts in his head :wink:

Jonnyboy
03-06-2014, 07:42 PM
I don't think I can say I want Rod Petrie to stay, I'm just not sure what real benefit it'll be to the club if he actually goes.

We all know he is a good Administrator, that goes without saying, he put himself in a ridiculous situation when he was basically the man who had to ask himself for money to strengthen the team, in situations like that, most guys will air on the side of caution, although they'll ultimately answer to themselves, if profits are down he'll feel an obligation to the business side of things to limit spending to a minimal.

What he desperately needed in my opinion was another voice, one who's first priority is to the manager and strengthening the First Team Squad, then that voice can haggle with Petrie over what they can spend and what they can't - this situation makes for a far more balanced negotiation

I'd be willing to see how this plays our with Leeann Dempster as the other voice, lets see how she gets on in the haggle with Petrie, if things don't improve then it becomes unequivocal.

On the otherhand, if the venom directed at Petrie is so Poisonous that the fans become simply unwilling to accept any other outcome than his departure then you simply have to keep the paying customer happy.

Sorry, could you expand on that thought?

Lucius Apuleius
03-06-2014, 08:58 PM
Naebody else currently on the board kens the system then and how the club works (or mair accurately, disnae work)? Only petrie really kens the system and the rest of them dae what? or are just there dae what they are telt?

Somebody else who has experience of running a fitba club (and done a far better job) couldnae just come in and start doing a better job than the clown that's making an erse of it now? They'd need tae go some tae dae a worse job.

I'd be more inclined to agree with your point about business practice if it was someone new to this type of role.

It's not as if Leeann Dempster is a novice at running a football club, as we've all pretty much agreed, she's done a great job at Motherwell. So what does Rod actually need to show her?....

I have managed big contracts, whoor ae a lot bigger than Hibs. I am looked upon as being relatively good at my job. If I started off a contract, no problem. If I moved into a contract/business that was already running then handovers are common sense and I would expect one before going on my own and changing what I saw needed changing. How long that period should be is indiscriminate. We all want rid of Petrie as soon as possible, but my opinion is she needs a handover. It is not like being a joiner or something and someone has screwed up a job so you go in have a look and fix it. Just not that easy guys. And that is no disrespect to joiners by the way.

ehf
03-06-2014, 11:10 PM
Naebody else currently on the board kens the system then and how the club works (or mair accurately, disnae work)? Only petrie really kens the system and the rest of them dae what? or are just there dae what they are telt?

Some decent BYGYFN offers on at Morrisons the noo anaw!