PDA

View Full Version : Do you agree with the Hibs.net Admin Team's stance re the removal of Rod Petrie?

HNA7
30-05-2014, 08:32 PM
PLEASE READ THE WHOLE OF THIS POST BEFORE VOTING

It's a simple question with a simple Yes or No answer.

If you want to go over them again you can read the statements issued by Hibs.net over the last few days here....

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?284572-Email-from-the-admin-team-at-Hibs-net-to-Hibernian-Board-members

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?284818-Hibs-net-admin-response-to-this-evening-s-club-statement

Please take a moment to vote. It's a quick process and it's anonymous.

The more votes that are cast the easier it will be to guage the feeling within the support.

Thank you,
The Hibs.net Admin Team.

davcar
30-05-2014, 08:43 PM
Voted yes he must go, his only get out clause is to back the management financially and unequivocally to get the players in who will get us back in the SPFL in 1 go!

He is unlikely to do this so he should go now!

The management should also make in completely clear to the supporters that they have not been dealing with 1 or 2 hands tied behind their backs!

Time has come for clear transparency at Easter Road, this starts from the top!

Jonnyboy
30-05-2014, 08:45 PM
100%

West hamBERNIAN
30-05-2014, 08:50 PM
I'd like to here from Rod on why he feels it's so important he stays on board or why it would be wrong to step down as he says. Other than that, he's been a complete failure from as far back as I can remember and I can imagine him looking back over his tenure believing securing £4 million for brown was his major sucess. Short answer, yes.

Thecat23
30-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Yes.

JustSimplyHibs
30-05-2014, 08:51 PM
Just go... We should padlock all the gates at Easter Road to stop him from entering!

Peanut Shaz
30-05-2014, 08:53 PM
Yes. 100% with you.

nosher
30-05-2014, 08:57 PM
100%

Dublin07
30-05-2014, 08:57 PM
agree 100% but can't vote on my phone.

scottish_sleepy
30-05-2014, 08:58 PM
I think it's crazy that anyone thinks any more funds would be available for whatever manager we end up with when Leanne starts in her role.
It's pretty obvious and generally well known that STF has stated that the club has to be self financing and not run up any more debt.
Where does everyone think all the extra money for marquee signings is supposed to come from?
STF isn't going to hand it over.
I've not heard of read about any rich supporters prepared to hand money over.
The club has in effect been for sale for a long time, but nobody with the funds needed to buy it and take on the debt has come forward.
The solution to get rid of STF and Rod is simple.
Someone buy them out.
Otherwise I honestly can't see any of them going anywhere.

West hamBERNIAN
30-05-2014, 09:00 PM
I'd also like to see what his targets are. Is the real problem from STF. If he really is going to have to go are we going to hear the man defend himself? Prob doesn't matter.

Gatecrasher
30-05-2014, 09:01 PM
Yes!

Mr White
30-05-2014, 09:02 PM
Time to go rod.

Ronniekirk
30-05-2014, 09:03 PM
Yes but That's the easy bit .The hard part is how that can be achieved and unless that first demonstration is well attended and organised properly it will let Petrie think he can ride the storm out To add some balance my Son thinks Butcher is the one that needs to go as long as Petrie moves up stairs and gives Lee Ann control of key footballing decisions ,transfer negotiations and day to day running of club including being media spokesperson And person who meets fans in meetings etc .
So this issue isn't as straight forward a s some of us would like it to be .:confused:

scuttle
30-05-2014, 09:05 PM
SI :agree:

blackpoolhibs
30-05-2014, 09:06 PM
Yes 100%.

brisbanehibs
30-05-2014, 09:07 PM
Yes

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
30-05-2014, 09:08 PM
Absolutely.

In any other business, where results had been as poor as we've seen over the last four or five years at Hibs, the people at the top would have either been sacked or walked of their own accord.

BIGK
30-05-2014, 09:11 PM
Have voted for Petrie to go. He has achieved an incredible amount of good for the club for which I will never forget. His skill set for Hibs has been exhausted, we now need someone in charge that knows how to build a football team, not a the club.
I wish him well for the future and will always be welcome back in my eyes. For now the future is the direction the team is to go in for the next decade and he knows as much about that as I do and I'm an electrician.

jacomo
30-05-2014, 09:14 PM
He's probably here as long as STF owns the club, so in that sense asking for him to go is pointless. It also seems RP had belatedly realised change was needed and appointed a new CEO.

But the situation we are now in is so unacceptable that trust has gone. I voted yes.

Gustavo Fring
30-05-2014, 09:17 PM
its a yes from me

PETRIE OUT

Fat Boab
30-05-2014, 09:22 PM
100% yes from me.

majorhibs
30-05-2014, 09:26 PM
Yes but That's the easy bit .The hard part is how that can be achieved and unless that first demonstration is well attended and organised properly it will let Petrie think he can ride the storm out To add some balance my Son thinks Butcher is the one that needs to go as long as Petrie moves up stairs and gives Lee Ann control of key footballing decisions ,transfer negotiations and day to day running of club including being media spokesperson And person who meets fans in meetings etc .
So this issue isn't as straight forward a s some of us would like it to be .:confused:

I'm with your son, removing Butcher is neccessary & acheivable, Petrie is a different story, he should go but theres a lot more to it. Butcher out now, Petrie as soon as practical, emphasis on the "soon".

banchoryhibs
30-05-2014, 09:29 PM
100%, Rod please go and please take Butcher and his hangers on with you!

Gerard
30-05-2014, 09:29 PM
The club can only spend the money that it receives from its many revenue streams. One of these streams is people who pay money be it as a ST or walk up. We are now in the lower league of Scottish football and still charging SPL prices. The price of this failure requires that the person who runs our club should 'stand down' and let the new CEO run OUR CLUB. We need Mr Petrie to stand down completely and allow the new CEO to make executive decisions. OUR CLUB needs this to happen now if it is going to attract people back to ER and for the team to get back into the SPl next year.

Stax
30-05-2014, 09:34 PM
I think it's crazy that anyone thinks any more funds would be available for whatever manager we end up with when Leanne starts in her role.
It's pretty obvious and generally well known that STF has stated that the club has to be self financing and not run up any more debt.
Where does everyone think all the extra money for marquee signings is supposed to come from?
The club has in effect been for sale for a long time, but nobody with the funds needed to buy it and take on the debt has come forward.
Someone buy them out.
Unfortunately I have to say this is probably 100% where I am. Things defiantly have to change but I honestly don't know what the alternatives are at the moment.

Sergey
30-05-2014, 09:38 PM
Can we maybe have an 'undecided' option added to the poll...otherwise I'll spoil my ballot paper?

Gustavo Fring
30-05-2014, 09:45 PM
im strugglin' billy broon style to get my head round how anyone could possibly think stickin wi petrie is the way forward

he's completely ruined this football club , made us a laughing stock and now managed to get us relegated into the toughest scottish 1st division iv ever seen

the guys a complete ersehole and to continue with him surly is just madness

Hibbyradge
30-05-2014, 09:52 PM
PLEASE READ THE WHOLE OF THIS POST BEFORE VOTING

It's a simple question with a simple Yes or No answer.

If you want to go over them again you can read the statements issued by Hibs.net over the last few days here....

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?284572-Email-from-the-admin-team-at-Hibs-net-to-Hibernian-Board-members

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?284818-Hibs-net-admin-response-to-this-evening-s-club-statement

Please take a moment to vote. It's a quick process and it's anonymous.

The more votes that are cast the easier it will be to guage the feeling within the support.

Thank you,
The Hibs.net Admin Team.

I'm interested as to why you're asking this.

greenginger
30-05-2014, 09:54 PM
Also like to hear what the fundamental changes to the Hibernian F C structure are, and what facilitating needs to be done by Petrie.

I am hopeful of a fan-based ownership of the football business, can't see the infrastructure being handed over as the fans could never secure the mortgage debts.

It will be the only way STF will ever get shot of the financial liabilities of running the Club.

I think he has given up on the notion it can be successfully run as a breakeven business.

dave62
30-05-2014, 10:16 PM
The admin team's position is absolutely correct.

It's long overdue for someone at Hibs to be held accountable for what has happened to us, not just this season, but over the last seven seasons.

gorgie greens
30-05-2014, 10:23 PM
100% yes and hope he does the decent thing if not i would like to pressure STF in to making the change

RIP Bestie
30-05-2014, 10:39 PM
No. His remit is changing and he is invaluable in what he is good at.
i agree that the day to day running of the club should be left to Dempster and Rod should be made aware that he has no involvement in this.
Relegation is down to Butcher for me, not Petrie. I agree that he has made mistakes in his choice of managers and he should not be given the responsibility of choosing our next one

silverhibee
30-05-2014, 10:41 PM
Voted Yes.

trev the hat
30-05-2014, 10:45 PM
Hell
Yeh

Hibernia&Alba
30-05-2014, 11:37 PM
Definite yes

NAE NOOKIE
31-05-2014, 12:36 AM
Yes.

I hear a lot of folk saying its not going to happen because Tom Farmer is behind him. Well if that true let Tom Farmer come out and defend Hibs record on the pitch for 7 year.

Screw the books, the stadium and our fancy training centre. This business exists to play and win football matches .... its record is appalling and we have an owner who thinks this is a side issue.

I'm beginning to think that Hibs really are cursed and it doesn't just extend to the Scottish cup ........ what else but a malevolent supernatural force would blight a football club with an owner who doesn't care about how ***** it is on the park.

Sod looking for a new chairman ...... I'm beginning to think its a priest we need.

WhileTheChief..
31-05-2014, 01:11 AM
Not bothered about Petrie but want Butcher out.

Saorsa
31-05-2014, 01:21 AM
yes, get him tae **** before he destroys this club completely.

Aldo
31-05-2014, 02:48 AM
Yes from me!

pacorosssco
31-05-2014, 03:33 AM
The admin team's position is absolutely correct.

It's long overdue for someone at Hibs to be held accountable for what has happened to us, not just this season, but over the last seven seasons.

Yes petrie out

Nazz
31-05-2014, 03:41 AM
I'm trying to vote on mobile but only have a Vote button. I can't see any choices.

Anyone else have this problem?

GordonHFC
31-05-2014, 06:26 AM
I'm trying to vote on mobile but only have a Vote button. I can't see any choices.

Anyone else have this problem?

Yep

bighairyfaeleith
31-05-2014, 06:26 AM
Voted no, but neither option really represents my opinion. However I'm not comfortable with the current action being taken so I've voted no.

soupy
31-05-2014, 06:28 AM
Big yes from me...

Gustavo Fring
31-05-2014, 06:29 AM
Voted no, but neither option really represents my opinion. However I'm not comfortable with the current action being taken so I've voted no.

fortunately for hibernian f.c you are in the minority

bighairyfaeleith
31-05-2014, 06:32 AM
fortunately for hibernian f.c you are in the minority

lets hope it is fortunate

cammy1969
31-05-2014, 06:33 AM
Agree 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bingo70
31-05-2014, 06:36 AM

Fair play to you for admitting it. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, even if it is in the minority

TowerHibs
31-05-2014, 06:44 AM
i agree that the day to day running of the club should be left to Dempster and Rod should be made aware that he has no involvement in this.
Relegation is down to Butcher for me, not Petrie. I agree that he has made mistakes in his choice of managers and he should not be given the responsibility of choosing our next one
Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course....I find it amusing that yours always seems to go against the most common one on here though...regardless of the issue.

you seem a fun guy....

bighairyfaeleith
31-05-2014, 06:45 AM
Fair play to you for admitting it. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, even if it is in the minority

It would seem reading a lot of the posts on these forums from a particular set of posters that actually your not entitled to this opinion at all. I don't mean yourself by the way, but the constant belittling and bordering on abuse of anyone who doesn't say they agree by certain posters is getting a little bit concerning. Maybe the admins will take a look at this soon.

This is an important issue for hibs, and everyone must feel free to voice there concerns / issues with the current plan. I'm not sure many people feel they can at the moment.

Spike Mandela
31-05-2014, 06:49 AM
Can we maybe have an 'undecided' option added to the poll...otherwise I'll spoil my ballot paper?

Yip I would have chosen that I couldn't care less if Petrie was still in a nominal position on the board or not. I want the focus of the fans attention to be on demanding team improvement and getting behind the Dempster revolution.

At this point all the energies wasted on ousting Petrie are futile and time wasting.

bighairyfaeleith
31-05-2014, 06:51 AM
Yip I would have chosen that I couldn't care less if Petrie was still in a nominal position on the board or not. I want the focus of the fans attention to be on demanding team improvement and getting behind the Dempster revolution.

At this point all the energies wasted on ousting Petrie are futile and time wasting.

:top marks

Gustavo Fring
31-05-2014, 06:53 AM

its widely recognised by pretty much everyone that somethings is far wrong at hibs

rotten to the core etc , and its hard to argue with that . its almost unanimous that the rotten core of hibs is rod petrie
ousting him is not a waste of energy , its a necessity unless you want the status quo to continue

bingo70
31-05-2014, 06:53 AM
It would seem reading a lot of the posts on these forums from a particular set of posters that actually your not entitled to this opinion at all. I don't mean yourself by the way, but the constant belittling and bordering on abuse of anyone who doesn't say they agree by certain posters is getting a little bit concerning. Maybe the admins will take a look at this soon.

This is an important issue for hibs, and everyone must feel free to voice there concerns / issues with the current plan. I'm not sure many people feel they can at the moment.

I know what you mean. Similar to those defending felony before he left. My gut feeling was to give him time but I gave into the majority on here and ended up wanting him out too, in hindsight I should gave stuck to my guns like andy74 and a couple if others.

Can I ask what you're reasoning is for wanting him to stay? I've yet to hear a compelling argument in defence of him staying. In what way would hibs be worse off if he was to be hit by a bus tomorrow?

Saorsa
31-05-2014, 06:54 AM

At this point all the energies wasted on ousting Petrie are futile and time wasting.well that's your opinion, you think there'll be any kind of revolution while petrie is still here you're the one wasting yer time, **** all will change while he remains.

bighairyfaeleith
31-05-2014, 07:01 AM
I know what you mean. Similar to those defending felony before he left. My gut feeling was to give him time but I gave into the majority on here and ended up wanting him out too, in hindsight I should gave stuck to my guns like andy74 and a couple if others.

Can I ask what you're reasoning is for wanting him to stay? I've yet to hear a compelling argument in defence of him staying. In what way would hibs be worse off if he was to be hit by a bus tomorrow?

It's not that I want him to stay or go as such. What I want is for Leanne to get into the job, assess whats needed and then have the chance to do things her way. I don't like the fans trying to force changes through ahead of her having the chance to get computer turned on at her new desk.

We have a terrible track record when we demand changes at this club, as successive sacked managers show, so for me I would rather give Leanne her chance first. I don't know what happens inside the club, however from reading most of the forum neither does the majority of posters so everything is based on hearsay from a certain few in the know posters.

Personally I think our focus for change should not be so centrally focused on Petrie and we should be putting all our energy into helping the club in any way we can to bounce back up. As spike said, this is just a distraction as far as I'm concerned.

roryg
31-05-2014, 07:08 AM
Yes

Blaster
31-05-2014, 07:14 AM

I agree with this. Keep him to do what he is good at ie the business side but keep him away from the football side.

Betty Boop
31-05-2014, 07:17 AM
Absolutely yes, and Butcher must go with him.

Beefster
31-05-2014, 07:18 AM
I'm interested as to why you're asking this.

So am I.

Saorsa
31-05-2014, 07:19 AM
I agree with this. Keep him to do what he is good at ie the business side but keep him away from the football side. still find it hilarious that folk think he'll keep out of anything while he is still there, he has a track record for keeping out of thing does he?

blackpoolhibs
31-05-2014, 07:19 AM

I disagree, Fenlons time was up. In fact he should have gone after the Malmo game in my opinion, but if we'd brought in Butcher for him then we'd have been relegated by Christmas.

When Fenlon left, the board managed to appoint someone even ****in worse, bloody unbelievable.

LancsHibs
31-05-2014, 07:21 AM
I haven't voted on this one as I'm not too bothered if Petrie stays on the board or not, I am pleased he has stepped aside and given the day to day running of the club responsibilities to LD and I wish her all the luck in the world.
I feel that this campaign to oust Petrie IS LETTING BUTCHER OFF THE HOOK! If anybody should have done right thing and resigned it's him and his team.

Saorsa
31-05-2014, 07:23 AM
I haven't voted on this one as I'm not too bothered if Petrie stays on the board or not, I am pleased he has stepped aside and given the day to day running of the club responsibilities to LD and I wish her all the luck in the world.
I feel that this campaign to oust Petrie IS LETTING BUTCHER OFF THE HOOK! If anybody should have done right thing and resigned it's him and his team.is that the same way he stepped aside when high fiveland and lindsay were here? You're kidding yersel on if you think he's stepped anywhere.

LancsHibs
When Fenlon left, the board managed to appoint someone even ****in worse, bloody unbelievable.

Morning pal, wouldn't have thought it possible but some how they found that man:confused:

James.
I've voted no in good faith that Petrie IS taking a back seat to Leann Dempster and that he will allow her to do her job.

Phil D. Rolls
31-05-2014, 07:26 AM
Yes I agree with it. I can't quite understand whether you are speaking for yourselves as a group, or for the board as a whole though. I'd have thought that people outside would find it very hard to tell the difference as well.

To that end, it would have been an idea to canvass support before sending the letters, as you are effectively speaking for us all. It's could be an issue as the sage unfolds, because it looks like there will be a need for further lobbying.

We've already had discussions on here about what is an acceptable form of protest. If Hibs.net is to lend its support to things like demonstrations, or other things aimed at Petrie, then it needs to be clear that it is a view held by the majority of members.

Gustavo Fring
31-05-2014, 07:26 AM
im simply stunned that anyone can try and defend petrie and lay the blame of our problems on butcher

butcher was managing ICT when we were humiliated at hampden by the jambos , he was still there when we were horsed by celtic a year later . as malmo were ripping us a new ersehole at easter road butcher was still at ICT preparing them to storm to the top of the league playing good attractive football and scoring loads of goals on the way

he was still at ICT when they ripped us apart for the 1st time this season

petrie was pulling our strings the whole time

then he brings butcher to hibs and while all the other bottom 6 teams less hearts were out strengthening their teams with proven goalscorers and the like , petrie lets butcher bring in 3 rookies on loan at the last possible minute of the transfer window

oh aye petries the man :not worth

Blaster
31-05-2014, 07:28 AM
still find it hilarious that folk think he'll keep out of anything while he is still there, he has a track record for keeping out of thing does he?

I don't think leean dempster would come to us without those assurances

Cropley10
31-05-2014, 07:29 AM
It's not that I want him to stay or go as such. What I want is for Leanne to get into the job, assess whats needed and then have the chance to do things her way. I don't like the fans trying to force changes through ahead of her having the chance to get computer turned on at her new desk.

We have a terrible track record when we demand changes at this club, as successive sacked managers show, so for me I would rather give Leanne her chance first. I don't know what happens inside the club, however from reading most of the forum neither does the majority of posters so everything is based on hearsay from a certain few in the know posters.

Personally I think our focus for change should not be so centrally focused on Petrie and we should be putting all our energy into helping the club in any way we can to bounce back up. As spike said, this is just a distraction as far as I'm concerned.

We've just been relegated. We've won just 18 home games in 4 years.

The architect of our downfall cannot remain to oversee or facilitate anything. Leann Dempster deserves, based on her track record at Well, to start re-building this Club without him hanging around.

weecounty hibby
31-05-2014, 07:31 AM
Cant vote on the phone but probably a yes vote. But i think the real problem is the owner. From what i hear from on here and in the press the FOOTBALL side of things appears to be a shambles from top to bottom. We need someone to take over Hibernian and conduct a full root and branch overhaul and only a new owner can do this. I wish LD all the luck in the world but she will still be reporting to STF. IMHO nothing at the cub will change while he is still the owner. I thank him for saving the club but he has also, along with RP, overseen two relegations and years of struggling football wise.

BT58
31-05-2014, 07:36 AM
100% aye from me
Victor

BT58
31-05-2014, 07:37 AM
I txt from phone,,, will vote later

Hibrandenburg
31-05-2014, 07:53 AM
No! Before any ill advised reactionary consequences proceed I'd like some alternatives to be in place.

There's something inherently rotten at our club and no-one seems to be able to put their finger on what it actually is.

If it was a normal business it would make sense to hire outside expert observers to come in and try and finger the problem and maybe even offer solutions.

I'd have invested some cash and maybe asked a team who are not direct competitors (from Germany or England) to come and observe the day to day goings on and try and sort the rot out.

Kinda like a "Ramsey's dugout nightmares" but with football expertise.

Maybe Dempster can manage this on her own but I doubt it, there needs to be a whole team go through the club top to bottom.

The_Sauz
31-05-2014, 08:24 AM
When it come to finance's and stadium rebuilding, and not forgetting the training ground, Rodders was the best you could get, but sadly when it comes to footballing matters, Rod has failed big time! :agree:
Thanks Rod, but it's time to go!!

flash
31-05-2014, 08:39 AM
I think it's pretty clear we need a complete overhaul as every Hibs fan i know has had enough of the constant embarrassments and disappointments we have to endure these days.

Having said that i deplore the pitchfork mentality of some on here. I also think its wrong to tie in Butcher leaving as that should be a decision for the "new" board which emerges.

So it's a yes from me but with the reservation that we conduct ourselves with the requisite class and dignity.

Dave-O
31-05-2014, 08:44 AM
Yes from me, and I'll be there next Saturday, but praying come Monday when Leanne gives her press conference and they let us know what these big changes are going to be it negates the need for a protest. GGTTH

( there is a press conference on Monday, right! .........:hmmm: )

Big_Franck
31-05-2014, 08:45 AM
No! Before any ill advised reactionary consequences proceed I'd like some alternatives to be in place.

There's something inherently rotten at our club and no-one seems to be able to put their finger on what it actually is.

If it was a normal business it would make sense to hire outside expert observers to come in and try and finger the problem and maybe even offer solutions.

I'd have invested some cash and maybe asked a team who are not direct competitors (from Germany or England) to come and observe the day to day goings on and try and sort the rot out.

Kinda like a "Ramsey's dugout nightmares" but with football expertise.

Maybe Dempster can manage this on her own but I doubt it, there needs to be a whole team go through the club top to bottom.

I disagree, I think most of us are able to put our finger on it - it's Rob Petrie. Or at the very least it starts with Rod Petrie. I voted yes as he clearly no longer has the trust of the fans and we have got worse and worse under his leadership.

This season was worse than any under his leadership as we stumbled from one disaster to the next. From Malmo to the derbies to the bottom six games to the play-off. An absolute farce.

I would say i'm shocked he hasn't already gone, but I always knew he'd dig his heels in. We'll get rid of him this time though.

Calum68
31-05-2014, 08:51 AM
I think Butcher is getting off Scott free. The finger is being pointed towards RP but let's not forget that TB picked the team and was unable to motivate players who were more than capable of beating most if the other teams in a very poor league.

Yes, Rod should go and I sincerely hope LD is given the opportunity to make her own decisions, including finding a manager that can take the club forward when the time is right

Phil D. Rolls
31-05-2014, 08:57 AM
I think Butcher is getting off Scott free. The finger is being pointed towards RP but let's not forget that TB picked the team and was unable to motivate players who were more than capable of beating most if the other teams in a very poor league.

Yes, Rod should go and I sincerely hope LD is given the opportunity to make her own decisions, including finding a manager that can take the club forward when the time is right

Hes the only one of Petries managers to get us relegated. Regardless of how bad the club is, relegation shouldn't have happened. He destroyed the confidence of the players, when it was already fragile.

Petrie has to go because the atmosphere will be toxic if he stays.

Togs91
31-05-2014, 08:59 AM
100% gtf petrie

Hibbyradge
31-05-2014, 09:00 AM
In what way is Petrie responsible for Butcher's inability to win a single game in the last 13, eight of which were against bottom 6 teams?

I'm not sure whether Petrie should go or stay in his reduced role, although given that this thread, which was designed to facilitate a poll, is predictably descending into argument, suggests that his continued presence at the club is at least divisive.

Hibrandenburg
31-05-2014, 09:19 AM
I disagree, I think most of us are able to put our finger on it - it's Rob Petrie. Or at the very least it starts with Rod Petrie. I voted yes as he clearly no longer has the trust of the fans and we have got worse and worse under his leadership.

This season was worse than any under his leadership as we stumbled from one disaster to the next. From Malmo to the derbies to the bottom six games to the play-off. An absolute farce.

I would say i'm shocked he hasn't already gone, but I always knew he'd dig his heels in. We'll get rid of him this time though.

Most fans were convinced it was Mixu, Yogi, Calderwood, Fenlon, Butcher and now Petrie.

Forcing the club's hand has proved futile in the past and I see no reason why this time will be different.

We need a step for step plan on how to move forward but before that we need to steady the ship. Cries of "Off with his head" will always only lead to short term progress and until we actually get to the root of the problem it will keep recurring.

FWIW I think Petrie is a big part of the problem. His use of our managers as scape goats has led to the manager carousel and ultimately made the position of manager at our club unsustainable.

NAE NOOKIE
31-05-2014, 09:37 AM
Most fans were convinced it was Mixu, Yogi, Calderwood, Fenlon, Butcher and now Petrie.

Forcing the club's hand has proved futile in the past and I see no reason why this time will be different.

We need a step for step plan on how to move forward but before that we need to steady the ship. Cries of "Off with his head" will always only lead to short term progress and until we actually get to the root of the problem it will keep recurring.

FWIW I think Petrie is a big part of the problem. His use of our managers as scape goats has led to the manager carousel and ultimately made the position of manager at our club unsustainable.

That's why its now Petrie.

Its like if your car battery keeps going flat ...... After changing the battery 5 times you would begin to realise you were wasting your time and money and start looking sideways at the alternator.

jacomo
31-05-2014, 09:38 AM
I feel that this campaign to oust Petrie IS LETTING BUTCHER OFF THE HOOK! If anybody should have done right thing and resigned it's him and his team.

:agree:

Previous managers may have failed because they weren't given the right support from the Board, but none of them failed as abjectly as this dud. From a comfortable head start, Butcher ended the season by making Hibs the worst team in the SPL. He has to go.

J-C
31-05-2014, 09:51 AM
Many managers have come and gone this past 7 years, Collins left under a cloud hinting at not being backed in the transfers, Mixu was just not ready for it. Yogi came in and at 1st things looked good but with no plan B and off field problems with certain players things turned. Colin the Clown was next in line but his main problem was he wasn't here half the time, so the players took advantage of this and the rot sets in. Fenlon next up, a winner in Ireland but that's like saying a winner in div 3 scotland. The amount of players through the door at ER is incredible and I can count on 1 hand the good quality ones we've had, therin lies our problem. Common denominator is Petrie, got lucky with Mowbray and the golden generation but has been a joke ever since. He backs his managers but penny pinches until we're left with the dross, how many players gave we lost due to his negotiations. This nan has held this once proud club back and now we're a laughing stock, we need new guidance and energy and Petrie is not the man.

Hibrandenburg
31-05-2014, 09:53 AM
That's why its now Petrie.

Its like if your car battery keeps going flat ...... After changing the battery 5 times you would begin to realise you were wasting your time and money and start looking sideways at the alternator.

But what if it's just a blown fuse and the battery doesn't get charged? You've just paid for 5 new batteries and an alternator when you should maybe have sought expert help after the 2nd battery.

Big_Franck
31-05-2014, 09:56 AM

It's not just now, lots of fans have insisted for years that the problem was Petrie. The number has clearly grown as he is the constant in our failure year after year.

That is the point though, a lot of us believe that the root of the problem is Rod Petrie. That is why i think the group are quite right in having removing him as their main objective at the moment.

It would be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to get all of the supporters branches, the HSA and the rest of the fanbase to agree on a step-by-step plan for success going forward. There would be some branches or fans in favour of one step but against the other, and vice versa. It would cause exactly the kind of friction that Petrie is hoping will cause the infighting that'll result in our protests petering out.

Get rid of the root of the problem and we can then reconstruct our club from top to bottom.

The Harp Awakes
31-05-2014, 10:04 AM
Rod must go 100%.

Whilst he has done a lot for the Club in the past he is well past his sell by date. His continued presence is damaging the Club and will prevent us from moving forward.

mmmmhibby
31-05-2014, 10:16 AM
I find it alarming that Rod Petrie actually has some support. I'm lucky to have watched decent hibs teams in the past, this guy has been responsible for the worst I've seen. Nobody can argue with that . Infrastructure means nothing in football if the team ain't up to required standards on the pitch.

Beefster
31-05-2014, 10:37 AM
I find it alarming that Rod Petrie actually has some support. I'm lucky to have watched decent hibs teams in the past, this guy has been responsible for the worst I've seen. Nobody can argue with that . Infrastructure means nothing in football if the team ain't up to required standards on the pitch.

I'm not defending Rodders. I've been calling (for years) for him to appoint a strong, competent CEO and step back. He's doing that and I trust Dempster to not be a door mat so I'm willing to see how it goes. The week that our new CEO starts, it seems a bit silly to be unwilling to give it a couple of weeks to see what the plans are.

There's also an element of witch-hunt about the last week. A couple of months ago, at least half, if not more, folk would have said that he was either doing a good job (I wasn't one of them btw) or they were indifferent to him. Yet now that we've been relegated, everyone wants rid. I suspect that had we only lost 0-1 on Sunday, there wouldn't be a "Petrie Out" campaign.

PS If a chairman is responsible for the worst teams you've seen, it would be fair to give him credit for Mowbray's team, one of the most exciting and entertaining in a long time, no?

Phil D. Rolls
31-05-2014, 10:50 AM
I'm not defending Rodders. I've been calling (for years) for him to appoint a strong, competent CEO and step back. He's doing that and I trust Dempster to not be a door mat so I'm willing to see how it goes. The week that our new CEO starts, it seems a bit silly to be unwilling to give it a couple of weeks to see what the plans are.

There's also an element of witch-hunt about the last week. A couple of months ago, at least half, if not more, folk would have said that he was either doing a good job (I wasn't one of them btw) or they were indifferent to him. Yet now that we've been relegated, everyone wants rid. I suspect that had we only lost 0-1 on Sunday, there wouldn't be a "Petrie Out" campaign.

PS If a chairman is responsible for the worst teams you've seen, it would be fair to give him credit for Mowbray's team, one of the most exciting and entertaining in a long time, no?

My view on Petrie changed once we ended up in the play offs. That was proof that his strategy hadn't worked. He had failed in a key objective, one that would make his other objectives harder to deliver.

I think the personal vitriol on here, although expected, is OTT. He was a man trying to do a job, and he got it wrong.

Theres no call for the hate that is being posted. In terms of the original post on this thread, I would like to know why we are being asked our opinion now.

mmmmhibby
31-05-2014, 11:05 AM

Fair point, however that was then and this is now.

DaveF
31-05-2014, 11:17 AM

He took that credit and also more for building a great stadium and training centre. So how about taking ultimate responsibility for our relegation(s), managerial failures, decline of footballing standards and a huge lack of apathy and dis-interest within the support?

Flanny boy
31-05-2014, 11:30 AM
He took that credit and also more for building a great stadium and training centre. So how about taking ultimate responsibility for our relegation(s), managerial failures, decline of footballing standards and a huge lack of apathy and dis-interest within the support?
Spot on dave f well said sir

basehibby
31-05-2014, 11:37 AM
Voted yes he's got to go (albeit after a short handover period to new Chief Exec - eg a couple of weeks).

Rod has overseen the development of the infrastructure but he's also been the common denominator in the steady decline which has culminated in relegation - and that at a time when we should have been lording it over our self destructive spendthrift neighbours!

Even if he was somehow not responsible for this disastrous slo-mo car crash and just the victim of bad luck, enough fans have identified him as the problem to make his presence at the club a huge negative - his continuing presence will drive fans away in their thousands and ergo he has got to go.

Beefster
31-05-2014, 12:02 PM

I've been calling for him to take responsibility for it for years, albeit by stepping back.

schinkenotto
31-05-2014, 12:05 PM

Yes, Rod should go and I sincerely hope LD is given the opportunity to make her own decisions, including finding a manager that can take the club forward when the time is rightThere's been incompetence at two levels-Petrie's and Buthcher's.

I'm seriously worried about the future-everything is a shambles,which at the end of the day must be down Petrie.

However everything Butcher has done since he arrived has been a total embarrassment from his press statements to his team selections and his destroying what was left of the morale of our mediocre players.Whatever happens to Petrie,Butcher and his cohorts must go.

Stantons Angel
31-05-2014, 12:09 PM
Someone buy them out.

A good post and one thought out the way ive been thinking for a long time! Ive asked this question time after time on here and have not yet had an answer other than some smart punters having a go.

Its a really important part of our future isnt it? in the financial state the country is in at the moment who is going to come forward and bank roll a football club? SFT saved us and put Rod in charge to make the club viable.

Yes the caliber of player on the park has suffered badly whilst he put together his puzzle and no one suffered more than the supporters.

All these meetings and rallies to get Petrie out are fine, but all it has served to do is make Leeanne Dempsters job harder from the word go. Id have liked to hear her plans for our future and listened to her as the executive officer of the club. I can then make up my own mind what i see for the future of my club.

Whether thats with or without Petrie we will just have to wait and see!

Its all very well wanting STF and Rod out but what does happen when they walk away, who are you going to put in place? STF is guarantor at the Bank because of his business empire. Who do we have with that same clout who will invest in Hibs, buy out their shares and give the kind of money we need to invest in decent players?

How are we going to attract players too when there is so much publicity about fan protests, rallies, meetings and hostility towards even the players that are left? No one's going to want to come here when there is so much turmoil going on are they?

Just a few thoughts that i have on my mind that maybe you can help me get answers too?

It relly worries me that we could end up like a rudderless ship sinking faster and faster!

(no smart a e comments please)

Phil D. Rolls
31-05-2014, 12:17 PM
A good post and one thought out the way ive been thinking for a long time! Ive asked this question time after time on here and have not yet had an answer other than some smart punters having a go.

Its a really important part of our future isnt it? in the financial state the country is in at the moment who is going to come forward and bank roll a football club? SFT saved us and put Rod in charge to make the club viable.

Yes the caliber of player on the park has suffered badly whilst he put together his puzzle and no one suffered more than the supporters.

All these meetings and rallies to get Petrie out are fine, but all it has served to do is make Leeanne Dempsters job harder from the word go. Id have liked to hear her plans for our future and listened to her as the executive officer of the club. I can then make up my own mind what i see for the future of my club.

Its all very well wanting STF and Rod out but what does happen when they walk away, who are you going to put in place? STF is guarantor at the Bank because of his business empire. Who do we have with that same clout who will invest in Hibs, buy out their shares and give the kind of money we need to invest in decent players?

How are we going to attract players too when there is so much publicity about fan protests, rallies, meetings and hostility towards even the players that are left? No one's going to want to come here when there is so much turmoil going on are they?

Just a few thoughts that i have on my mind that maybe you can help me get answers too?

It relly worries me that we could end up like a rudderless ship sinking faster and faster!

I think we all want to see change, but are alarmed at the way people with good intentions are maybe making that a messier and more unpleasant experience than needs to be.

The bottom line is that we face an unpleasant few years now finding a solution to off field problems. They are not the fault of the supporters, but the supporters can make things a lot worse, once the in fighting starts.

s.a.m
31-05-2014, 12:20 PM

It relly worries me that we could end up like a rudderless ship sinking faster and faster!getting bei

I agree with all of that. While I'd like to see change in the way the club is owned and administered, my immediate concerns are getting behind Leanne Dempster and getting a team together.

Waxy
31-05-2014, 12:24 PM
A poll to gauge if the supporters want Butcher to stay/go would be interesting also.

Keith_M
31-05-2014, 12:29 PM
Rod Petrie set out the objectives for this club in 2008, as highlighted by the meeting on Friday. He has been successful in one of those, the Infrastructure, and abjectly failed in all others, which were basically anything football related.

The infrastructure is now complete, meaning that he is no longer required for the one thing he has been good at. The remaining problems all relate to football matters, in which he, as the man in ultimate charge of our club, has failed. Therefore, he is the wrong man for the job.

I feel it's time to say to Petrie (to paraphrase the Dolphins in The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy)...

..."goodbye, and thanks for all the seats"

RIP Bestie
31-05-2014, 12:37 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course....I find it amusing that yours always seems to go against the most common one on here though...regardless of the issue.

you seem a fun guy....
I only post if I have something to say, hence my low post count. No point in me coming on here and agreeing with everything as far as I'm concerned. I will only post if I disagree with what someone says or I want them to clarify something. Sorry for not conforming to the party line.

Hiber-nation
31-05-2014, 12:39 PM
Like most polls on here, I'm amazed at the results so far. I've read the reasons for some folk backing Petrie but I really thought it was a very small minority.

RIP Bestie
31-05-2014, 12:39 PM
I wonder if that is why Dempster has been brought in? Hmmmm!! . . . Just a thought.

Johnforr
31-05-2014, 12:42 PM
I am sorry but this had all the hallmarks of becoming a witch-hunt and I cannot support that ! The demonization of one person for our clubs collective failings misses the mark that we are all as a club to blame.
Yes we need change at the top and in today's culture it had become fashionable to look for one person to carry the can ... More often than not the person at the top but ...... RP is no longer going to be in operational control
Of the club and if you think for a minute that LD is going to be anyone's puppet then I suggest you don't appreciate how Chief Execs work .
In my option up we should all get behind Leann ass she strives to return our club to the place where we would like it to be .... That should mean that we are positive and forward looking ... You cannot change the past but u can have an effect on the future
GGTH

Saorsa
31-05-2014, 12:47 PM
I am sorry but this had all the hallmarks of becoming a witch-hunt and I cannot support that ! The demonization of one person for our clubs collective failings misses the mark that we are all as a club to blame.
Yes we need change at the top and in today's culture it had become fashionable to look for one person to carry the can ... More often than not the person at the top but ...... RP is no longer going to be in operational control
Of the club and if you think for a minute that LD is going to be anyone's puppet then I suggest you don't appreciate how Chief Execs work .
In my option up we should all get behind Leann ass she strives to return our club to the place where we would like it to be .... That should mean that we are positive and forward looking ... You cannot change the past but u can have an effect on the future
GGTHwell he's always excelled at finding somebody tae carry the can eh, anybody bar him.

RIP Bestie
31-05-2014, 01:00 PM
GGTH
I'm sure Leanne would have something to say about that. Ooh Errr.

stoneyburn hibs
31-05-2014, 01:05 PM
Like most polls on here, I'm amazed at the results so far. I've read the reasons for some folk backing Petrie but I really thought it was a very small minority.

Surprised at the poll result myself, and I can't understand how we can move forward with him having any role at the club.

Waxy
31-05-2014, 01:12 PM
GGTHIt's a good post.Perhaps Rod Petries crime was to stay two or three years too long.he got the infrastructure spot on but the football side he hasn't a clue.Perhaps he's been taken advantage of by certain people because of this and that's whats ultimately got us relegated.Leeann Dempster has to get her own football people at the club, at every level.

NAE NOOKIE
31-05-2014, 03:14 PM
In a few weeks time I will be leaving my job of 36 years and going into semi retirement.

Though I will do my best to avoid it I may have to look for some sort of part time work. If any of the folk posting in support of Rod Petrie run businesses and have an opening can you please let me know.

I'm especially interested in running a small shop where its more important to keep the shop windows clean than it is to make sure the stock isn't past its sell by date or that customers are attracted through the door. If the shop turns into the worst in the street I would like to think that I would be the one to turn it around so obviously a few years of patience will be required by any employer.

Oh .... I must be honest, my CV shows a lot about cleaning windows and putting up shelves but I have absolutely no experience in what the best stock is to buy or how to keep customers happy .... actually its only fair at this point to say that I've never had any interest in shops or selling stuff. But I'm sure that's not important.

Cheers.

Keith_M
31-05-2014, 03:19 PM

It is, it's only 15%

Coco Bryce
31-05-2014, 03:19 PM
Yes 100%

PeeJay
31-05-2014, 03:33 PM
With Rangers gone from the league and Hearts having so many problems, I felt we had an opportunity as a club to achieve something - our Club failed massively, relegation is simply not acceptable for Hibs: it's down to many things certainly, but primarily the people in charge of the club over an extended period of time, at the very top. Mr Petrie - there's no way you can spin this disaster to us: it's time to go.

blackpoolhibs
31-05-2014, 03:39 PM
When it come to finance's and stadium rebuilding, and not forgetting the training ground, Rodders was the best you could get, but sadly when it comes to footballing matters, Rod has failed big time! :agree:
Thanks Rod, but it's time to go!!

Is he, could nobody else have done this apart from him?

Cropley10
31-05-2014, 03:46 PM
It is, it's only 15%

And some of them are Jambos.

Cropley10
31-05-2014, 03:52 PM
GGTH

A witch hunt?

Demonization?

No, it's anything but. This man has architected our downfall, slowly and steadily. Readily accepting of mediocrity & regular humiliations.

His time is up.

The Hibs support had spoken, Yams, Club insiders and agent provocateurs will not win the day on this one.

Bostonhibby
31-05-2014, 03:52 PM
Is he, could nobody else have done this apart from him?

He did an efficient job of spending the Fletcher, Brown, Whittaker etc money along with a chunk of our other income on property. Most half decent businessmen could have done that, its a matter of seeing how much cash we have and looking at what type of buildings you can build with it - other experts will tell you.

A building project manager with a decent Quantity Surveyor and architect would have done that. A decent bean counter will manage the money end 9 times out of 10. That's what Petrie has been with hindsight, he might have got out with a decent legacy if he had gone around 2009. I say this with hindsight as I supported him, or at least put up with it for too long.

Most chairmen, CEO'S boards or whatever of football clubs would have used some of the windfall and turnover to enhance the budget for the product on the pitch. Under RP we have got what we paid for as players, very few worth remembering and usually cut price journeymen or crocks. I suspect we will eventually hear more about why good targets didn't come to us.

Hibercelona
31-05-2014, 04:01 PM
In what way is Petrie responsible for Butcher's inability to win a single game in the last 13, eight of which were against bottom 6 teams?

I'm not sure whether Petrie should go or stay in his reduced role, although given that this thread, which was designed to facilitate a poll, is predictably descending into argument, suggests that his continued presence at the club is at least divisive.

It's not just the last 13 games though, is it?

Every manager that has been brought in since Petrie took the Chief Executive position has failed to get Hibs up to the standards that should be expected.

Relegation was more or less inevitable to those who had an honest grasp of the situation. If it hadn't of been this season, it would have still been coming over the next season or 2.

The problem with Petrie is that he was given a role at the club that requires a high level of commitment. A level of commitment that a man like Petrie was never able to provide, due to having too many involvements elsewhere.

If Petrie were to remain at the club, it would have to be at a level that I doubt he'd be prepared to accept. He would need to be in some sort of accountant role and nothing more.

1068gary
31-05-2014, 04:05 PM
Yes

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Phil D. Rolls
31-05-2014, 04:09 PM
It's not just the last 13 games though, is it?

Every manager that has been brought in since Petrie took the Chief Executive position has failed to get Hibs up to the standards that should be expected.

Relegation was more or less inevitable to those who had an honest grasp of the situation. If it hadn't of been this season, it would have still been coming over the next season or 2.

The problem with Petrie is that he was given a role at the club that requires a high level of commitment. A level of commitment that a man like Petrie was never able to provide, due to having too many involvements elsewhere.

If Petrie were to remain at the club, it would have to be at a level that I doubt he'd be prepared to accept. He would need to be in some sort of accountant role and nothing more.

I agree that we were going to go down at some point. For balance, Mowbray's Team, the League Cup, and the stadium have to be seen as positives. Over the piece though, he's been sailing close to the wind football wise.

On top of that, the anger and disaffection that relegation, and the preceding season have generated, makes it impossible for him to go on. The last thing the club needs just now is a divided support.

Out of interest, what commitments did Petrie have elsewhere? If they have cut into his time spent on Hibs, it kind of demolishes any argument saying he had too much to do at the club.

jdships
31-05-2014, 04:12 PM
I think we all want to see change, but are alarmed at the way people with good intentions are maybe making that a messier and more unpleasant experience than needs to be.

The bottom line is that we face an unpleasant few years now finding a solution to off field problems. They are not the fault of the supporters, but the supporters can make things a lot worse, once the in fighting starts.

I decided to " keep my counsel" on this question and do not wish to directly comment
However I like your comment as it is a warning as to what could happen if the " looney left " get involved

:flag:

Cropley10
31-05-2014, 04:16 PM
I decided to " keep my counsel" on this question and do not wish to directly comment
However I like your comment as it is a warning as to what could happen if the " looney left " get involved

Depends on your outlook. I'm not scared of the bogeyman or the red under the bed.

Every other team in Scotland manages without Rod Petrie, so can we.

What's the worst that can happen?

Phil D. Rolls
31-05-2014, 04:19 PM

In fairness, mad is just another word for angry. I just can't help feeling that we could experience the same mess that Hearts did - but being Hibs we will not have the escape we did.

Bottom line is I imagine there are a few people out there already thinking about a seat on the team bus and a nice blazer. I also think Kenny MacLean's performance in front of the cameras is just the sort of thing that can whip up a mob.

The last thing we need is people frightening off the less vocal and the less militant.

Aldo
31-05-2014, 04:25 PM
I am sorry but this had all the hallmarks of becoming a witch-hunt and I cannot support that ! The demonization of one person for our clubs collective failings misses the mark that we are all as a club to blame. Yes we need change at the top and in today's culture it had become fashionable to look for one person to carry the can ... More often than not the person at the top but ...... RP is no longer going to be in operational control Of the club and if you think for a minute that LD is going to be anyone's puppet then I suggest you don't appreciate how Chief Execs work . In my option up we should all get behind Leann ass she strives to return our club to the place where we would like it to be .... That should mean that we are positive and forward looking ... You cannot change the past but u can have an effect on the future GGTH

Don't support it then!! This man has systematically ripped the heart and soul from our club and I want him gone. Plain and simple...... He won't be gone and will only be taking a wee step back. He will still have some sort of say in things.

No one is saying Dempster will be a puppet and I'm glad she is on board.

We are behind the club it's just Petrie we want rid of.

jdships
31-05-2014, 04:27 PM
In fairness, mad is just another word for angry. I just can't help feeling that we could experience the same mess that Hearts did - but being Hibs we will not have the escape we did.

Bottom line is I imagine there are a few people out there already thinking about a seat on the team bus and a nice blazer. I also think Kenny MacLean's performance in front of the cameras is just the sort of thing that can whip up a mob.

The last thing we need is people frightening off the less vocal and the less militant.

:thumbsup::top marks
Good post !!

Phil D. Rolls
31-05-2014, 04:28 PM
Don't support it then!! This man has systematically ripped the heart and soul from our club and I want him gone. Plain and simple...... He won't be gone and will only be taking a wee step back. He will still have some sort of say in things.

No one is saying Dempster will be a puppet and I'm glad she is on board.

We are behind the club it's just Petrie we want rid of.

Honest question, what is the basis of this love-in with Leanne Dempster? How do we know what she's like, how do we know what she'll do.

Seems to be that a lot of people are confusing reality with hope.

Aldo
31-05-2014, 04:30 PM
Honest question, what is the basis of this love-in with Leanne Dempster? How do we know what she's like, how do we know what she'll do. Seems to be that a lot of people are confusing reality with hope.

Not so much a love in but possibly a means to an end.... ie getting rid of Petrie.

But yur right FR.... We know nowt about what she's like!!

jdships
31-05-2014, 04:33 PM
Depends on your outlook. I'm not scared of the bogeyman or the red under the bed.

Every other team in Scotland manages without Rod Petrie, so can we.

What's the worst that can happen?

My worry is we end up in a " rent a mob" situation
We all know there are a few personal agendas to be satisfied in all this . Look at some of the people involved :greengrin
Let's hope that common sense prevails , ON BOTH SIDES !!
Am resting my case and will sit back and see what happens !! ( can't say I am going to enjoy it BUT ...... !!!:wink:)

:flag::flag::flag:

Phil D. Rolls
31-05-2014, 04:35 PM
Not so much a love in but possibly a means to an end.... ie getting rid of Petrie.

But yur right FR.... We know nowt about what she's like!!

Hope vs. Reality, time will tell.

The way some guys on here are saying "Lee-ann" is reminiscent of the way the guys on Men Behaving Badly used to talk about "Kylie" (or the way I talk about Judith (Ralston off the weather :blushie:).

Before you know it we're going to have guys going round with Lee-ann masks, kind of like the mutants had "Mrs. Budge" masks at the last derby.

neil7908
31-05-2014, 05:42 PM
No question - Yes

HH81
31-05-2014, 05:48 PM
I am surprised the no vote is so high.

Change is good people. Are people so scared of it?

lucky
31-05-2014, 05:53 PM
It's the only vote I'll be voting Yes in this year 😄

Hiber-nation
31-05-2014, 05:55 PM
It is, it's only 15%

No need for the smartass response. I don't think 15% is a very small minority.

judas
31-05-2014, 06:02 PM
I don't fully agree with the consensus on hibs net.

there is no doubt the club needs to be reinvigorated at board level and Petrie should stand aside at the helm, but some of the criticism aimed at him is not rational.

Someone called him a parasite earlier. What nonsense.

NAE NOOKIE
31-05-2014, 10:19 PM
No need for the smartass response. I don't think 15% is a very small minority.

Its not a very big one either though is it.

Dont get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of the genius who was Mark Twain: to quote him .... "Whenever you are on the side of the majority its time to pause and reflect"

If this was a knee jerk reaction to a sudden or unexpected event perhaps I would be on the side of giving Rod Petrie time to get things in order and work with Leeann Dempster. But the truth is that this has been a 4 year long stumble to disaster ..... death by increments if you like. The writing has been on the wall for a long time and as the man with ultimate control he failed to halt the slide.

Petie has lost the trust and confidence of a huge part of the clubs supporters and is now very much a negative influence on the club. He has been very clever by suggesting that the Band of 4 were backing a fans boycott of games, when nothing of the sort was mentioned. The question he should be asking himself now is at what stage does his presence start putting off corporate sponsors who are going to start getting nervous about getting caught up in this civil war.

To quote what Tom Farmer said the other day .......... " "

FranckSuzy
31-05-2014, 10:37 PM

May I ask what you mean by the bit in bold? Just because you don't agree with some of the sentiments being voiced or the people who are fronting the campaign, what makes them/us "the looney left"? Genuine question :aok:

Saorsa
01-06-2014, 12:06 AM
I am surprised the no vote is so high.

Change is good people. Are people so scared of it?If only they could take their heids out of his erse long enough tae look up and see what a **** he's made of it.

He's seen this club relegated twice in 16/17 years, as many times as it has been in it's other 130, what a guy, well run club :faf: well done tae all those who continue tae support that, lets stick with the ****er and go for a 3rd :aok:

O'Rourke3
01-06-2014, 01:12 AM
Not voted yet. Why someone like LD would come in and not run things her way is beyond me. Finding that RP interferes, sounds like a recipe for an early resignation. Resigning is not normally a vehicle for signing a confidentiality agreement (remember them) - they tend to be sackings, so either way RP is still pulling the strings. So a bit of me says Rod's off....

STF is the real powerhouse and if he says he stays, he stays. It's that simple, but a bit of me is hoping for STF to donate around a £5M no strings investment as a War Chest (copyright Jambos I believe) - to get us out the current shirt.

Do I think his presence will hold us back. YES, but his continued involvement might come with more beneficial strings.....

I've said it before. I want a club philosophy. I want to teach all levels how to play the same way. We bring in or develop coaches to maintain Our Way, not change the rules every 18 months to their way, abandoning the players and the style every time. Liverpool did it, Ajax do it and Spain do it for the national team. It's not rocket surgery and it'll get benefit from the training centre. Murray Park was looking like a White Elephant, ours is beginning to look like one too.

Leith Mo
01-06-2014, 01:23 AM
Absolutely YES then next step Butcher etc. lacking the integrity and the cojones to go of their own volition must be told the truth GO NOW. Keep up the fight get them out and get back our club and it's roots

Onion
01-06-2014, 06:48 AM
Turn the question around the other way for the answer. If Hibs needed a non-exec chairman at the mo, would we be happy for the club to appoint Rod Petrie :cb ?

The ONLY reason Petrie has that job is because he's currently sitting in that chair. He's certainly not there on merit. He's a squatter who has just been served eviction papers, and shortly will have the Sheriffs at the door to force ably remove him. What an embarrassment.

bighairyfaeleith
01-06-2014, 07:00 AM
Turn the question around the other way for the answer. If Hibs needed a non-exec chairman at the mo, would we be happy for the club to appoint Rod Petrie :cb ?

The ONLY reason Petrie has that job is because he's currently sitting in that chair. He's certainly not there on merit. He's a squatter who has just been served eviction papers, and shortly will have the Sheriffs at the door to force ably remove him. What an embarrassment.

I'm actually quite embarrassed by that post, forcibly removed????

Seriously can we just get rid of these ridiculous posts, that **** belongs on peadoback, not here.

Johnforr
01-06-2014, 07:13 AM
A witch hunt?

Demonization?

No, it's anything but. This man has architected our downfall, slowly and steadily. Readily accepting of mediocrity & regular humiliations.

The Hibs support had spoken, Yams, Club insiders and agent provocateurs will not win the day on this one. I hope you're not suggesting I'm in any of those catagories ....... I'm Nae a club insider .... Nor an agent provocateur but bleeding heck mate ....a Yam !!!!
It has become a witch- hunt tho ... I was making the point that altho RP is in line to carry the can in today's blame the man at the top culture there are a whole lot more people responsible for our current situation who seem to be exempt from all of this .... By that I mean other board members , manager, players ( and not always the easy targets either ) .......... Call me what u like but never never never a Yam ! Lol

Gustavo Fring
01-06-2014, 07:16 AM

Seriously can we just get rid of these ridiculous posts, that **** belongs on peadoback, not here.

while they are at it they can remove all of your recent posts which are even more ridiculous

he wont go in a quiet and dignified manner so he has to be removed by some sort of force

but just you sit back and be embarrased while rod petrie systematically detroys the club we all support :aok:

bighairyfaeleith
01-06-2014, 07:22 AM
while they are at it they can remove all of your recent posts which are even more ridiculous

he wont go in a quiet and dignified manner so he has to be removed by some sort of force

but just you sit back and be embarrassed while rod petrie systematically detroys the club we all support :aok:

ridiculous because I have dared question the mob?

Anyone who questions the mob appears to be getting called troublemakers and / or yams. Is this really what our support is becoming?

I have no issue with petrie leaving, but I have issue with how our support is going to conduct itself in making that happen. Remember a mob is hard to control, as I read more on this I am becoming increasingly concerned about next saturday.

Gustavo Fring
01-06-2014, 07:26 AM
ridiculous because I have dared question the mob?

Anyone who questions the mob appears to be getting called troublemakers and / or yams. Is this really what our support is becoming?

I have no issue with petrie leaving, but I have issue with how our support is going to conduct itself in making that happen. Remember a mob is hard to control, as I read more on this I am becoming increasingly concerned about next saturday.

your not questioning the mob your coming up with smart erse responses to what are perfectly reasonable posts

the more of your comments i read the more i think you are either petrie himself or a member of his immediate family

i refer you to your previous post as my case and point

bighairyfaeleith
01-06-2014, 07:33 AM
your not questioning the mob your coming up with smart erse responses to what are perfectly reasonable posts

the more of your comments i read the more i think you are either petrie himself or a member of his immediate family

ha ha brilliant, so now if we question the mob we are petrie himself. brilliant inspired response that one. Really persuading me to get along on saturday.

Hibrandenburg
01-06-2014, 07:40 AM
If only they could take their heids out of his erse long enough tae look up and see what a **** he's made of it.

He's seen this club relegated twice in 16/17 years, as many times as it has been in it's other 130, what a guy, well run club :faf: well done tae all those who continue tae support that, lets stick with the ****er and go for a 3rd :aok:

This is exactly the kind of post that makes me feel uneasy about this campaign.

"If you don't agree with us then you must have your head up his arse". REALLY?

And some say this hasn't turned into a witch hunt.

Pretty Boy
01-06-2014, 07:47 AM
I hope you're not suggesting I'm in any of those catagories ....... I'm Nae a club insider .... Nor an agent provocateur but bleeding heck mate ....a Yam !!!!
It has become a witch- hunt tho ... I was making the point that altho RP is in line to carry the can in today's blame the man at the top culture there are a whole lot more people responsible for our current situation who seem to be exempt from all of this .... By that I mean other board members , manager, players ( and not always the easy targets either ) .......... Call me what u like but never never never a Yam ! Lol

I don't think this can be classed as blame the man at the top culture. It's taken a hell of a long time for attentions to turn to Rod Petrie.

Over the course of the downward spiral we have seen various people leave the club for a variety of reasons. Fyfe, Scott, numerous players and managers.

Whether Rod is directly to blame for our current predicament is irrelevant imo, the wave of opiniom against him now is so strong that he is doing more harm than good by trying to ride this out. Just imagine we start next season poorly and there's another pre AGM sacking, people aren't going to be pacified by that this time.

Onion
01-06-2014, 07:52 AM

Now, I'm embarrassed that you're embarrassed by that tongue-in-cheek analogy :panic:

Let's compromise.... maybe we can just starve him out :hmmm:

Beefster
01-06-2014, 07:55 AM

No offence but, having argued with bighairyfaeleith in numerous debates for many years, I'd trust him/her to be a bona fide Hibs supporter without an agenda long before you.

I'm not big on "numbers of posts", "years of membership" pissing contests but I think you're out of order questioning his/her intentions.

If Hibs are trying 'divide and conquer', some posters on here are playing right into their hands.

bighairyfaeleith
01-06-2014, 07:59 AM
Now, I'm embarrassed that you're embarrassed by that tongue-in-cheek analogy :panic:

Let's compromise.... maybe we can just starve him out :hmmm:

aye ok, block out the fish van from easter road, when I can't get my caviar delivery I will be off for sure:greengrin

One Day Soon
01-06-2014, 08:07 AM
Rod Petrie set out the objectives for this club in 2008, as highlighted by the meeting on Friday. He has been successful in one of those, the Infrastructure, and abjectly failed in all others, which were basically anything football related.

The infrastructure is now complete, meaning that he is no longer required for the one thing he has been good at. The remaining problems all relate to football matters, in which he, as the man in ultimate charge of our club, has failed. Therefore, he is the wrong man for the job.

I feel it's time to say to Petrie (to paraphrase the Dolphins in The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy)...

..."goodbye, and thanks for all the seats"

Devils advocate here.....you are effectively saying that he's been successful in the area of his own expertise and responsibility - infrastructure - and that the managers have been failures in theirs - football.

The remaining problems and challenges ahead do not relate solely to football, though football is at the heart of it all. There's the debt of £10 million, transfer of ownership from STF at some stage, the permanent challenge of sustaining a revenue stream that allows the club's footballing side to grow and strengthen and of course achieving year on year growth in the supporter base. All of this in the context of one and possibly more years in the Championship.

The above could mean that he is exactly the right man to be taking a non-exec role given hos broader business experience, providing Leanne Dempster is genuinely in control of the running of the club.

Just saying.

One Day Soon
01-06-2014, 08:10 AM
If only they could take their heids out of his erse long enough tae look up and see what a **** he's made of it.

That's a pretty offensive way to be referring to fellow Hibernian supporters even if you disagree with them.

Joe's ice cream
01-06-2014, 08:19 AM
Devils advocate here.....you are effectively saying that he's been successful in the area of his own expertise and responsibility - infrastructure - and that the managers have been failures in theirs - football.

The remaining problems and challenges ahead do not relate solely to football, though football is at the heart of it all. There's the debt of £10 million, transfer of ownership from STF at some stage, the permanent challenge of sustaining a revenue stream that allows the club's footballing side to grow and strengthen and of course achieving year on year growth in the supporter base. All of this in the context of one and possibly more years in the Championship.

The above could mean that he is exactly the right man to be taking a non-exec role given hos broader business experience, providing Leanne Dempster is genuinely in control of the running of the club.

Just saying.

This 100%, fully agree with this assessment

Onion
01-06-2014, 08:20 AM

Just saying.

As someone else said, Petrie's brand is damaged beyond repair. No one trusts him any more, and his dogged, unapologetic determination to retain his position smacks of someone who doesn't listen any more. IMO he is a glorified Finance Director who was given more power than he deserved. Had we not been relegated, I'm pretty sure most fans would have been happy for Petrie to step down and restrict his role to FD. But not now. The club is in a state of turmoil and Petrie is ultimately accountable for that. To move on, Petrie simply has to go.

One Day Soon
01-06-2014, 08:24 AM

Wow. Seriously?

I have debated and heatedly disagreed with bighairyfaeleith on a number of occasions over a lengthy period of time. I've never had the sense that he was Rod Petrie or related to him. Neither have I felt the need to try to de-legitimise his viewpoint on something by attacking who he is rather than engaging with the substance of what he is saying.

And if Rod Petrie or members of his family were posting on this board they would be entitled to their opinions as much as anyone else. Intolerant mobs interested only in the sound of their own anger do not make for an attractive proposition. There is a case for Petrie leaving but some of the more extreme views being expressed undermine it rather than strengthen it.

Pretty Boy
01-06-2014, 08:28 AM

Just saying.

For me the arguments against that are there.

Rod Petrie appointed the failed football managers in that time, he also bowed to fan pressure to sack them. If he genuinely believed in his appointments he could have showed sttong leadership and refused to remove them. He has shown this week he can stand up to fan opinion when it suits.

Secondly the infastructure ties in with the 3rd item in the 2008 statement; sustainability. The sustainabilty of the finances of the club relies on relative success on the football park as does the finance to continue to support the infastructure. I don't believe our financial position is as bad as some have suggested over the last couple of days, I'm sure it can withstand relegation. However if we fail to come straight back up the financial knock on effect could be huge. ST sales are already poor, the current manager has show no sign that he is able to turn this around and the marketing for next season has been a total flop. Add to that the resentment towards Rod Petrie and I think you have an infastructure that is currently built on pretty shaky foundations.

One Day Soon
01-06-2014, 08:30 AM
As someone else said, Petrie's brand is damaged beyond repair. No one trusts him any more, and his dogged, unapologetic determination to retain his position smacks of someone who doesn't listen any more. IMO he is a glorified Finance Director who was given more power than he deserved. Had we not been relegated, I'm pretty sure most fans would have been happy for Petrie to step down and restrict his role to FD. But not now. The club is in a state of turmoil and Petrie is ultimately accountable for that. To move on, Petrie simply has to go.

Except that isn't true is it? It would appear that 15% of those voting here do. And that's people on .net. The vast majority of supporters don't post on .net or anywhere else. I wonder what they think?

I'm much more convinced now that the sensible path is to see what Dempster says and, more importantly, does in June and July. If that looks radically different then I'm for keeping Petrie as a non-exec. Regardless of whether Petrie stays or goes, she is now the pivotal figure in delivering a new start.

bighairyfaeleith
01-06-2014, 08:32 AM
Except that isn't true is it? It would appear that 15% of those voting here do. And that's people on .net. The vast majority of supporters don't post on .net or anywhere else. I wonder what they think?

I'm much more convinced now that the sensible path is to see what Dempster says and, more importantly, does in June and July. If that looks radically different then I'm for keeping Petrie as a non-exec. Regardless of whether Petrie stays or goes, she is now the pivotal figure in delivering a new start.

I normally question my judgement when I find myself agreeing with you :)

I agree though dempster is key for me and she should be given her chance first.

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

Ronniekirk
01-06-2014, 08:39 AM
ha ha brilliant, so now if we question the mob we are petrie himself. brilliant inspired response that one. Really persuading me to get along on saturday.

This issue was always going to divide the support ,what the real split is I have no idea As there are thousands of fans that aren't on dot net .I am aware there are people with agendas and scores to settle .However it comes down to individual choice I personally think it is Petries time to move on ,however if I trusted that he could do a non executive job and not interfere with the day to day running of the club and he came out and said this and spelt out what the future of the club will be and what the next phase of change is going to be I may reluctantly accept that if it looks like those changes are of benefit to the club .
My problem ,and I accept it is my problem is that I just don't trust him Nd think his arrogance knows no bounds .i think therefor his very presence is a focal point for a lot of people's frustration and therefor for the future well being of the club he should go or at least intimate he will go and give timescale for this .
Butcher has to take his share of the blame for what went wrong after the tannadice game and think he should be big enough now that season is over and spell out what he has learnt from making the mistakes he did But think he has to be given this Transfer Window and an opportunity to show us what he can do with his own players. ,but his performance was so ineffectual as manager in those last few months that fans will turn on him if things go badly in the Championship and we aren't up therein top three fairly quickly . Butcher will know that .
If Petrie is away then then there is no one else to blame .If they are both still here and things go wrong then the unrest will start all over again .
We said the club needs a clear out and afresh start and that shouldn't just be players ,so I am committed to seeing this through without financially hurting the club ,but others are making it clear they won't be back as long as Petrie stays How many fans that equates to I have no idea and it may only be a small minority ,but there is a Risk that Minority could grow if a Petrie stays and things don't go well.i don't want to take that risk

One Day Soon
01-06-2014, 08:48 AM
This issue was always going to divide the support ,what the real split is I have no idea As there are thousands of fans that aren't on dot net .I am aware there are people with agendas and scores to settle .However it comes down to individual choice I personally think it is Petries time to move on ,however if I trusted that he could do a non executive job and not interfere with the day to day running of the club and he came out and said this and spelt out what the future of the club will be and what the next phase of change is going to be I may reluctantly accept that if it looks like those changes are of benefit to the club .
My problem ,and I accept it is my problem is that I just don't trust him Nd think his arrogance knows no bounds .i think therefor his very presence is a focal point for a lot of people's frustration and therefor for the future well being of the club he should go or at least intimate he will go and give timescale for this .
Butcher has to take his share of the blame for what went wrong after the tannadice game and think he should be big enough now that season is over and spell out what he has learnt from making the mistakes he did But think he has to be given this Transfer Window and an opportunity to show us what he can do with his own players. ,but his performance was so ineffectual as manager in those last few months that fans will turn on him if things go badly in the Championship and we aren't up therein top three fairly quickly . Butcher will know that .
If Petrie is away then then there is no one else to blame .If they are both still here and things go wrong then the unrest will start all over again .
We said the club needs a clear out and afresh start and that shouldn't just be players ,so I am committed to seeing this through without financially hurting the club ,but others are making it clear they won't be back as long as Petrie stays How many fans that equates to I have no idea and it may only be a small minority ,but there is a Risk that Minority could grow if a Petrie stays and things don't go well.i don't want to take that risk

I think that is a pretty balanced post.

The problem is that there are no easy answers here. One path involves cost and and yet another change of manager with no guarantee of success. The other path involves patience with high tensions all round and no guarantee of success.

"We are Hibernian FC,
we hate Terry Butcher and we hate Petrie..."

The only thing I'm sure of is that I can't wait for the start of next season.

Hibrandenburg
01-06-2014, 08:52 AM

Agree with all of that except that I really can't see Petrie being allowed to stay on as judging by the toxic opinions on here we've now gone past the point of no return. In some respects I think that's a pity because some of the argumentation from the mob is that Petrie is only hanging on so he can fulfill his personal ambition of becoming top dog in the SFA. Would it be such a bad thing for the club to have Petrie in this position?

marinello59
01-06-2014, 08:55 AM
I think that is a pretty balanced post.

The problem is that there are no easy answers here. One path involves cost and and yet another change of manager with no guarantee of success. The other path involves patience with high tensions all round and no guarantee of success.

"We are Hibernian FC,
we hate Terry Butcher and we hate Petrie..."

The only thing I'm sure of is that I can't wait for the start of next season.

And me.

Pretty Boy
01-06-2014, 08:57 AM
Agree with all of that except that I really can't see Petrie being allowed to stay on as judging by the toxic opinions on here we've now gone past the point of no return. In some respects I think that's a pity because some of the argumentation from the mob is that Petrie is only hanging on so he can fulfill his personal ambition of becoming top dog in the SFA. Would it be such a bad thing for the club to have Petrie in this position?

I love how people who support Petrie leaving have become the 'mob' but on the thread asking why Petrie should stay those supporting that stance were complaining about petty jibes aimed at them.

marinello59
01-06-2014, 09:01 AM
This is exactly the kind of post that makes me feel uneasy about this campaign.

"If you don't agree with us then you must have your head up his arse". REALLY?

And some say this hasn't turned into a witch hunt.

It's a ridiculous comment no matter which side of the debate it comes from. It's a shame that a small minority are resorting to this. The vast majority of posts from both sides have been balanced, reasonable and fair.

One Day Soon
01-06-2014, 09:04 AM
For me the arguments against that are there.

Rod Petrie appointed the failed football managers in that time, he also bowed to fan pressure to sack them. If he genuinely believed in his appointments he could have showed sttong leadership and refused to remove them. He has shown this week he can stand up to fan opinion when it suits.

That's an argument for having someone else appoint the managers. Enter Leanne Dempsey....

Secondly the infastructure ties in with the 3rd item in the 2008 statement; sustainability. The sustainabilty of the finances of the club relies on relative success on the football park as does the finance to continue to support the infastructure. I don't believe our financial position is as bad as some have suggested over the last couple of days, I'm sure it can withstand relegation. However if we fail to come straight back up the financial knock on effect could be huge. ST sales are already poor, the current manager has show no sign that he is able to turn this around and the marketing for next season has been a total flop. Add to that the resentment towards Rod Petrie and I think you have an infastructure that is currently built on pretty shaky foundations.

No wonder ST sales are poor given the season we have had, built upon on the season and managers which preceded it. I think if Butcher starts to bring in his replacement players that will make a significant difference. The one thing most people seem to trust in is that he and his team have an eye for a player.

I agree that the marketing is garbage. It needs to be more in line with reality and with the supporters - in other words it needs to be authentic, not manufactured. The infrastrucure is on solid foundations - but you are right that the sustainability is where the ambiguity lies.

Here's a further perspective. We have easily the third best infrastructure of any club in Scotland. Petrie didn't build it with any of the Old Firm's sectarian dividend, nor with tax payers and other people's money as Hearts and Rangers have done. In that regard the delivery has been pretty spectacular. Despite the calamity which has befallen us there is no doubt that we have a lot of the cost pain behind us where other clubs - Aberdeen and Hearts come to mind - still have it all to do in terms of stadiums and debt.

The resentment toward Petrie is the real achilles heel and i don't think that can be finessed. But then its a case of what people will settle for, Petrie sidelined or Petrie out altogether. Very few I think will settle for the status quo or a version of it which sees Leanne Dempster in office but not in power.

Jack
01-06-2014, 09:09 AM
I'm surprised by the 15% figure.

Having said that many of those voting no appear to be doing so more because they disagree with the methods they perceive are being used to oust Rod rather than wanting him to remain at the club.

bighairyfaeleith
01-06-2014, 09:09 AM
I love how people who support Petrie leaving have become the 'mob' but on the thread asking why Petrie should stay those supporting that stance were complaining about petty jibes aimed at them.

Lol yeah I can see where you are coming from.

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
01-06-2014, 09:11 AM
No wonder ST sales are poor given the season we have had, built upon on the season and managers which preceded it. I think if Butcher starts to bring in his replacement players that will make a significant difference. The one thing most people seem to trust in is that he and his team have an eye for a player.

I agree that the marketing is garbage. It needs to be more in line with reality and with the supporters - in other words it needs to be authentic, not manufactured. The infrastrucure is on solid foundations - but you are right that the sustainability is where the ambiguity lies.

Here's a further perspective. We have easily the third best infrastructure of any club in Scotland. Petrie didn't build it with any of the Old Firm's sectarian dividend, nor with tax payers and other people's money as Hearts and Rangers have done. In that regard the delivery has been pretty spectacular. Despite the calamity which has befallen us there is no doubt that we have a lot of the cost pain behind us where other clubs - Aberdeen and Hearts come to mind - still have it all to do in terms of stadiums and debt.

The resentment toward Petrie is the real achilles heel and i don't think that can be finessed. But then its a case of what people will settle for, Petrie sidelined or Petrie out altogether. Very few I think will settle for the status quo or a version of it which sees Leanne Dempster in office but not in power.

For me the last paragraph is the key.

The ill feeling towards Rod is now so strong that his position is untenable. It's hard to get an accurate percentage on how many have lost support for Petrie but the poll here is hovering about 85% and the one on the Bounce at between 90 and 92% so I think around about 80-90% is probably quite close to the mark.

Personally I'd be happy if he set out a clear exit strategy. If he stated he would carry on as non exec Chairman for 2 months until LD was settled in and the move on, that would be fine. It's my opinion that Rods shadow continuing to hang over the club will negate any positive message coming from the new CEO as it will be regarded with an element of suspiscion.

Hibrandenburg
01-06-2014, 09:43 AM

C'mon PB, you can't deny that the movement has a mob feel about it. Suppose we'll just have to wait until Saturday and see if a demonstration takes place or if a mob turns up. :greengrin

Gustavo Fring
01-06-2014, 09:52 PM
It's hard to get an accurate percentage on how many have lost support for Petrie but the poll here is hovering about 85% and the one on the Bounce at between 90 and 92% so I think around about 80-90% is probably quite close to the mark.

so bounce has 5-7% less yams registered than here

RIP Bestie
02-06-2014, 01:35 AM
This sort of response is getting boring to be honest. Usually from someone incapable of holding a good debate.

RIP Bestie
02-06-2014, 01:43 AM
Admins, can you not do something about the increasing number on here who are consistently accusing posters on here of being Hearts fans just because they have a different opinion to the majority. Frankly I find it insulting and tedious. As has been mentioned on other posts it puts people off posting opinions that they know are going to be unpopular and would be jumped on. You know who they are and it is out of order. In my opinion.

Hibercelona
02-06-2014, 02:55 AM
Admins, can you not do something about the increasing number on here who are consistently accusing posters on here of being Hearts fans just because they have a different opinion to the majority. Frankly I find it insulting and tedious. As has been mentioned on other posts it puts people off posting opinions that they know are going to be unpopular and would be jumped on. You know who they are and it is out of order. In my opinion.

I don't think anyone is accusing Hibs fans of being Hearts fans. But I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that anybody on here who is actually a Hearts fan, (identified or not) will be voting for "no". This will obviously drive the no percentage up.

It's a bit of a non-argument anyway as it's clear that a vast majority on here want Petrie out. If a survey could be conducted between all Hibs fans whether they're a member of .net or not, I don't think the percentage ratio would change all that much. I can't really think of any plausible reason as to why it would.

RMQ1967
02-06-2014, 04:54 AM
Absolutely not. Under RP'S leadership Hibs have provided a succession of managers with facilities & finances that are unrivalled outside smelik or those clubs living outside their means. Rarely have any of those managers criticised his contribution. Sound financial stewardship is the prime deliverable of the MD & he's delivered that without question. The so-called 'football professionals' given absolute command over players brought into the first team & the alleged coaching of the imbeciles posturing as footballers have failed Hibs & have been rightly sacked by the management. To blame the financiers for the incompetence of these 'football people' is beyond my understanding. Kano & Co = opportunist amateurs who will have the club up to its neck in debt without a second thought. Petrie's not perfect but he's not the architect of relegation - the thick footballers are & the names of those on the field who brought humiliation on the club should be up for all to remember. If the 'football people' done their jobs as well as Petrie does his we'd be fine.

Nailrod
02-06-2014, 05:28 AM
Devils advocate here.....you are effectively saying that he's been successful in the area of his own expertise and responsibility - infrastructure - and that the managers have been failures in theirs - football... Just saying.I appreciate you're only playing Devil's Advocate.

The problem is that among the dwindling band of Petrie apologists, there are many who do peddle precisely this excuse on his behalf.

The fact is the guy has been actively involved in running HFC for the best part of 20 years, and running the show for about 15, and he still knows absolutely nothing about how to run a successful football club, as evidenced by seven years of failure, followed by relegation from the weakest top tier in the history of Scottish football.

Is it really so unreasonable to expect that the guy who runs the show should know a little bit about football as well as book-keeping? After twenty years in the business? The two are not in fact mutually exclusive. There isn't an immutable natural law out there that says If you understand something about accounts, you can't understand anything about football and vice versa.

At least twelve other clubs in Scotland seem to have equipped themselves with people who understand a bit of both. One of them doesn't even have a Chairman.

Cropley10
02-06-2014, 05:39 AM

I was at the presser on Friday, huge amount of emotion and passion in the room, a wide constituency of Hibees represented. Folk I met, talked to and the folk they've talked to themselves all seem to support a change.

Come in here and a few people endlessly make the same points, and throw words like mob around,

Nailrod
02-06-2014, 05:39 AM
I don't think anyone is accusing Hibs fans of being Hearts fans. But I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that anybody on here who is actually a Hearts fan, (identified or not) will be voting for "no". This will obviously drive the no percentage up.

It's a bit of a non-argument anyway as it's clear that a vast majority on here want Petrie out. If a survey could be conducted between all Hibs fans whether they're a member of .net or not, I don't think the percentage ratio would change all that much. I can't really think of any plausible reason as to why it would.Spot on on both counts. You would have to be an idiot to imagine there are no Hearts fans posting on .net, and you would have to be an even bigger idiot to imagine that they are voting anything other than 'Keep Petrie'.

I can't think of a single good reason why the overall percentage of (actual Hibs) fans who want Petrie out should be any different from the .net figures. But any Petrie supporter who wants to can try to come up with one.

Nailrod
02-06-2014, 05:49 AM
Sound financial stewardship is the prime deliverable of the MD & he's delivered that without question...Pardon me while I question it.

The following is not "sound financial stewardship". It's myopic, reactive, beancounting that creates a spiral of failure and decline:

1. I cut the quality of my product
2. Fewer people buy my product
3. I respond to my falling revenues by cutting the amount of money I spend on my product
4. The quality of my product declines
5. Fewer people buy my product
6. I respond to my falling revenues by cutting the amount of money I spend on my product.
7. The quality of my product declines...

IWasThere2016
02-06-2014, 05:55 AM
I haven't voted - as I cannae on ma phone - but it would be a 'yes' and RP should have left some time ago.

ER is lovely, but it's a miserable place and has been for years now. RP is the club's leader and he's lead us here. He has had no impact in reversing the downward trend from 2007, and therefore we can safely conclude IMHO, he'll have no impact going forward. Indeed, my worry is he's still to take us further down. There is no sustainable and tangible rapport between the club and the support and crowds continue to fall. Our income next season will be at a level of some years back - whilst the costbase has risen - so ther off-field performance will be poor and mirror that on-field.

RP has created a mess, and has no tangible strategy to reverse it. He has to go.. And it must be soon in order to allow a fresh ways/culture to be nurtured and flourish.

HNA12
02-06-2014, 05:56 AM
This poll will close at 5pm tonight so if you have not already voted please do so now. Thanks.

Chris.igoe
02-06-2014, 05:57 AM
Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
02-06-2014, 06:36 AM

:agree: Plus you'd think he was the only person who could oversee a new training centre being built, and a new east stand. Nobody else it seems is capable of doing this while undermining every manager he's appointed, and paying out severance fee's for those managers and 100s of players those duff managers signed.

The work of a financial genius, not really sure why Dempster is here?

Phil D. Rolls
02-06-2014, 07:29 AM
This poll will close at 5pm tonight so if you have not already voted please do so now. Thanks.

According to the DR it already has!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-fans-set-copy-lead-3615231 (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-fans-set-copy-lead-3615231)

Ha ha, the record just can't get it right. Five days ago they said that the poll showed 90% support from members (May 28). This thread wasn't even started till May 30th!

I smell ******.

leggeto
02-06-2014, 08:20 AM
Not able to vote on my phone but I agree

RIP Bestie
02-06-2014, 09:50 AM
I was at the presser on Friday, huge amount of emotion and passion in the room, a wide constituency of Hibees represented. Folk I met, talked to and the folk they've talked to themselves all seem to support a change.

Come in here and a few people endlessly make the same points, and throw words like mob around,
I'm not advocating the insulting behaviour on either side. Either way it's wrong.
i understand the emotion involved in this and the passion that most feel regarding
Petries removal. The fact that I don't support it is my choice due to the opinions that I have on the work that he has done for the club. I personally think that the failings on the pitch are down to others. Just because I have that opinion does not make me a Hearts supporter.
This sort of behaviour however, has not been limited to this highly charged and emotional subject. Too often the response,when someone doesn't agree with the majority, is that you must be a "yam".
To be fair, when you get that insult thrown at you, it gets to the stage where you say what's the point.