PDA

View Full Version : Rod's met his match

Waxy
30-05-2014, 07:20 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/craig-swan-easter-road-revival-3619992

Think we're heading for a new dawn.

cabbageandribs1875
30-05-2014, 07:28 PM
But when you look at 
Motherwell’s position right now, having finished second in the Premiership to secure a place in Europe for the sixth time in seven seasons,

oh if only a club the size of HFC could reach anything like those dizzy heights :(

hibsbollah
30-05-2014, 07:32 PM
That was a painful read. A load of clumsy metaphors that choke the meaning out of the article. The Record really is bog awful.

Kato
30-05-2014, 07:32 PM
What a tosser.

He should have tried mentioning we're dead a bit more.

This club will not die.

Jones28
30-05-2014, 07:40 PM
Do we as supporters never get any breaks?

Not a single journo has turned round and said hang on, the club may be dying in the boardroom, but in te stands it is alive and kicking. They're still turning out in their thousands to support their team, fair play to them.

Instead we got some ***** after the Celtic cup final about how fruitless our rallying at the end of the game was and how pathetic clapping our team off the park was.

They can all take a ****ing running jump, and this pish-peddler can go first.

stoneyburn hibs
30-05-2014, 07:41 PM
The gist of it is right enough, even a red top snob should realise as much.

Pretty Boy
30-05-2014, 07:42 PM
Probably worth saying again since that article continues to peddle the line.

There has been no call to boycott season tickets or withhold money.

Hiber-nation
30-05-2014, 07:53 PM
That was a painful read. A load of clumsy metaphors that choke the meaning out of the article. The Record really is bog awful.

:agree:

Pitiful "journalism".

One Day Soon
30-05-2014, 07:55 PM
That's the most god-awful piece of third rate 'journalism' have had the misfortune to read in a long time.

It is lazy, inaccurate, uninformed, smug, badly written, barely intelligible in parts and frankly entirely what I'd expect to see in that rag.

Not a single source quoted or referenced and elements of it are just plain wrong.

Is this guy really employed on a wage as a journalist? I have seen better writing - and often - here on .net.

NAE NOOKIE
30-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Thank goodness for this article .... I had no idea Hibs were in bother. Or that thousands were withdrawing theirs support.

Hibeewilly
30-05-2014, 08:04 PM

Not a single journo has turned round and said hang on, the club may be dying in the boardroom, but in te stands it is alive and kicking. They're still turning out in their thousands to support their team, fair play to them.

Instead we got some ***** after the Celtic cup final about how fruitless our rallying at the end of the game was and how pathetic clapping our team off the park was.

Great post Jonesy:D

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

DC_Hibs
30-05-2014, 08:09 PM
"Rod's met his match"??????

"New dawn"??????

What makes you say that as there's nowt in the article you linked.

truehibernian
30-05-2014, 08:09 PM
Don't know if brooster is on tonight, but we had a wee PM to each other when I was feeling at a low ebb recently and I posted that I was withdrawing from Hibs......after a day or two of deliberation I decided heart ruled head (and brooster's PM's) and I decided Hibs were worthy of my money regardless.

Articles like this, and there will be more, are only cementing my view that I need to invest my cash in the club either way - and I will. My son doesn't want to go, but that may and will change - what I've decided is that this relegation has made me even more determined to support Hibs.

Not Rod.....not the current regime.....they'll be overthrown. But I'm even more determined, due to the media frenzy to see us weakened, to proved them wrong - karma and all that :aok::agree:

When I can, I'm going home and away next year !

#2 Double Tap
30-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Probably worth saying again since that article continues to peddle the line.

There has been no call to boycott season tickets or withhold money.

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

Waxy
30-05-2014, 08:14 PM
"Rod's met his match"??????

"New dawn"??????

What makes you say that as there's nowt in the article you linked.It's more the success of Motherwell.Europe in six out the the last seven seasons means she's done very very well.The journo obviously hates us.

Bishop Hibee
30-05-2014, 08:27 PM
The press did us few favours in 1990. They won't do us many this time. As usual, it's up to the fans.

Hiber-nation
30-05-2014, 08:39 PM
Don't know if brooster is on tonight, but we had a wee PM to each other when I was feeling at a low ebb recently and I posted that I was withdrawing from Hibs......after a day or two of deliberation I decided heart ruled head (and brooster's PM's) and I decided Hibs were worthy of my money regardless.

Brooster can be very persuasive...especially after a few pints :wink:

Waxy
30-05-2014, 08:42 PM
What were the last six years hibs got to europe? Not counting the inter tattie cup.
2013 put out by Malmo
2010ish Maribor
2005 Dnipro
2001ish AEK
1993 Anderlecht
1990 Liege

The only proper European match we've won(since 1978) was against videoton in 1989

One European victory in 36 years.

Salisbury Hibby
30-05-2014, 08:51 PM
I left a comment on the "Moaning Faced Scottish Rag" website. I suggest others do likewise to pull them up on their pish.

Alfred E Newman
30-05-2014, 09:14 PM

You are spot on. We supporters of the shambles that is Hibernian are being taunted daily by the media and their Hearts supporting chums. A few weeks ago I listened to chic and co waxing lyrical about Dundee and 10000 fans turning up for their promotion party and what an asset they would be to the top league. Post match on Sunday there was great joy at Hamiltons promotion but not one mention of the fact that almost 20000 were at Easter Road only jibes about Karma and that's what you get for daring to try and get some payback for all the taunts about 5-1 , 1902 blah blah. I am sick of it and if they see us as bad b******* maybe we should be bad b******. There is a softness about the support now, too many happy to accept mediocrity . A couple of hundred behind the stand shouting abuse? Given what we have had to put up with in recent times they are lucky there are not thousands of us wanting to tear the place down.

Paisley Hibby
30-05-2014, 09:50 PM
I've no idea who Craig Swan is and I never read The Record. I see no reason to change either of these.

JJP
30-05-2014, 09:51 PM

Spot on sir! **** them though. We have never needed the support of the press and we never will. I hope they enjoy next season with all of their beloved small west of Scotland teams. Edinburgh derby or Motherwell V Hamilton?

truehibernian
30-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Brooster can be very persuasive...especially after a few pints :wink:

Nae bevvy was involved - just made me think and realise I was being far too rash !

dave62
30-05-2014, 11:00 PM

This.

Why are no journalists standing up for Hibs fans? Why are no journalists demanding some sort of accountability from the board on our behalf? The Evening news is supposed to be our local paper, but where are there journalists asking the questions we want answers to?

Alfred E Newman
31-05-2014, 06:11 AM
This.

Why are no journalists standing up for Hibs fans? Why are no journalists demanding some sort of accountability from the board on our behalf? The Evening news is supposed to be our local paper, but where are there journalists asking the questions we want answers to?

Because as I say, we are too soft. We are the Aunt Sally's of Scottish football. Figures of fun and fair game for any second rate hack that wants to take a cheap shot at the club.

Waxy
31-05-2014, 06:19 AM
Because as I say, we are too soft. We are the Aunt Sally's of Scottish football. Figures of fun and fair game for any second rate hack that wants to take a cheap shot at the club.
And the reason they do it? Sales. Rangers, celtic, yams want to read hate peices against us so thats what they get.
We're the team they love to hate.

SouthamptonHibs
31-05-2014, 06:41 AM
What were the last six years hibs got to europe? Not counting the inter tattie cup.
2013 put out by Malmo
2010ish Maribor
2005 Dnipro Yt?
2001ish AEK
1993 Anderlecht
1990 Liege

The only proper European match we've won(since 1978) was against videoton in 1989

One European victory in 36 years.

When you write it down it shows you how awful we have been in last 25 years, qualifying for Europe 6 times in that period is embarrassing for the size of club we are.

Our last three European campaigns we have been hammered in each one.

9-0 agg
6-2 agg
5-1 agg

greenpaper55
31-05-2014, 06:43 AM
This.

Because the one (david Hardie) on our local rag has the easiest job in the world if he doesn't rock the boat, all he has to do is drive down to EM and get the piece of A4 handed to him by the club and job done, ever heard him question anything at ER

lapsedhibee
31-05-2014, 07:47 AM
Because the one (david Hardie) on our local rag has the easiest job in the world if he doesn't rock the boat, all he has to do is drive down to EM and get the piece of A4 handed to him by the club and job done, ever heard him question anything at ER

If only our club had a fax machine for this sort of thing ... we could bombard it with black faxes to force change.

Borderhibbie76
31-05-2014, 07:52 AM
Spot on sir! **** them though. We have never needed the support of the press and we never will. I hope they enjoy next season with all of their beloved small west of Scotland teams. Edinburgh derby or Motherwell V Hamilton?

Absolutely. ..the SPL or whatever they want to call it will be a joke next season....2 thirds of teams can barely average a 5k home gate

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

WestEndHibee
31-05-2014, 08:04 AM

:agree: I read the first line and closed it straight away.