PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to hear from Butcher

matty_f
30-05-2014, 03:02 PM
Am I the only one surprised that we've not heard from Butcher yet?

IMHO, this is exactly the time for leaders to step forward. Butcher has a monumental task ahead of him, and he has lost the support of many of the fans (taking a snapshot of views on here to form that opinion).

He needs to re-engage with the support and if he's sticking around, he needs to set out what we should expect from now until the season starts. I don't think it's a good idea for there to be no comment coming from him at the moment.

The manager needs to come out on the front foot, start to try and get folk back onside. Given Butcher's reputation and ethos on leadership, I'm fairly astonished that we've not heard a peep from him since Sunday.

JimBHibees
30-05-2014, 03:09 PM

IMHO, this is exactly the time for leaders to step forward. Butcher has a monumental task ahead of him, and he has lost the support of many of the fans (taking a snapshot of views on here to form that opinion).

He needs to re-engage with the support and if he's sticking around, he needs to set out what we should expect from now until the season starts. I don't think it's a good idea for there to be no comment coming from him at the moment.

The manager needs to come out on the front foot, start to try and get folk back onside. Given Butcher's reputation and ethos on leadership, I'm fairly astonished that we've not heard a peep from him since Sunday.

Agree totally all the squad and the management should have been made to go back onto the pitch on Sunday to apologise to the fans including throwing strips to young kids etc. For them all bar Williams, Robertson, Maybury to slink off feeling sorry for themselves when kids were in the stands bawling their eyes out was frankly disgusting. Bit of an indictment of the manager that this didnt happen IMO. As you would have thought if he is indeed serious about staying on he should have tried to man up at the most important time.

blackpoolhibs
30-05-2014, 03:15 PM
We have no leaders at the club, STF who is he, where is he? Petrie never says a word unless its to ask for money or back the club through another crisis. And Butcher AKA Mr motivator has completely disappeared.

My dead granny had more about her than this current crop of losers, and she had more fight and passion in her little finger than any of them.

TornadoHibby
30-05-2014, 03:17 PM

Wouldn't surprise me if they are trying to work out a severence deal for him that doesn't involve the Club in shelling out a large lump sum now! :dunno: :hmmm:

jacomo
30-05-2014, 03:18 PM
I'm speculating that the radio silence may be due to his imminent dismissal. Unfortunately I am basing this on no information whatsoever.

If he does stay on next season, will he be on half pay, as per the alleged terms of Sam Stanton's contract.

lorpat
30-05-2014, 03:19 PM
it is funny that the so called manager of hibs has not spoken out is it because Petrie has told him to keep quiet or does he have a hidden agenda

Franck Stanton
30-05-2014, 03:20 PM
Sure I read that he is away on holiday, don't know if that is true but did read that.

Stevie Reid
30-05-2014, 03:20 PM

Agree totally all the squad and the management should have been made to go back onto the pitch on Sunday to apologise to the fans including throwing strips to young kids etc. For them all bar Williams, Robertson, Maybury to slink off feeling sorry for themselves when kids were in the stands bawling their eyes out was frankly disgusting. Bit of an indictment of the manager that this didnt happen IMO. As you would have thought if he is indeed serious about staying on he should have tried to man up at the most important time.

Completely agree, chaps. A defiant statement from Butcher a few days after Sunday would have gone down much better than the terrible one the club gave us, allied to the mass cull of players on Monday.

The fact that we haven't heard from him worries me greatly, as it implies that he's not really up for this challenge. The only thing that suggests that he is, is the fact that he didn't resign.

Unseen work
30-05-2014, 03:22 PM
What's the point?

Time to get to work with sorting the football club rather than doing interviews that will say stuff like " we have identified players and hopefully we can push them through, our aim is to get promoted, this is a terrible time for the club blah blah"

I'm not interested in hearing pointless statements like this as we already know it.

Dave-O
30-05-2014, 03:24 PM
I would suspect Leanne put a gagging order on him on Monday when they met until she decides what to do with him and his side kick. :wink:

borstalboy
30-05-2014, 03:25 PM
This is a damned if he does, damned if he doesn't moment. My personal opinion is that I'd rather not here from him at this time, I'd much rather here from Leeann as to exactly what her role is going to entail and her vision on returning the club to where we all feel it belongs. This should then coincide with Butcher publicly stating what he plans to do with the forth coming season.

We don't want the 'tail wagging the dog' situation that would arise. Message needs to come from the top first IMHO.

The Leith Dutch
30-05-2014, 03:26 PM

Three possibilities:

1) The details of his dismissal are being worked out
2) He's waiting until he has some positive transfer action as more <insert big talk about how it's going to be better> won't wash
3) Neither he or the board have the first hint of a clue or a plan as to what to say or do to get us out of this mess

I know which one I'd stick the house on.....

DarrenSQH
30-05-2014, 03:27 PM
He is probably on holiday

Paloschi
30-05-2014, 03:28 PM
Yes. I would like to know.

1. Are you being kept on?

2. If so, who are you letting go?

3. Why are you letting our best young players go?

4. Who do you plan on bringing and do you have the budget to do this?

5. What plan have you got in place to take us back to the top flight?

These questions should all be answered ASAP.

greenlex
30-05-2014, 03:31 PM
Im assuming he will be on holiday.

greenpaper55
30-05-2014, 03:32 PM
He is probably on holiday

I hope it's a "coach" tour !.

#2 Double Tap
30-05-2014, 04:17 PM

that falls of a cliff LOL and gets lost forever LOL

:greengrin

ekhibee
30-05-2014, 04:32 PM
This is a damned if he does, damned if he doesn't moment. My personal opinion is that I'd rather not here from him at this time, I'd much rather here from Leeann as to exactly what her role is going to entail and her vision on returning the club to where we all feel it belongs. This should then coincide with Butcher publicly stating what he plans to do with the forth coming season.

We don't want the 'tail wagging the dog' situation that would arise. Message needs to come from the top first IMHO.

Yep, totally agree. The amount of people on here who moan and complain about his interviews with the press, and now they want him to speak after all.

Hibernia&Alba
30-05-2014, 04:38 PM

I'm really not interested in words from him at this stage, Matty. He talked a great game when he arrived and most of us were excited by the potential of things being turned around. What we got instead was ineptitude: terrible tactics, atrocious style of play, no ability to halt the slide down the table. There's nothing he can say now that could make amends, and the only statement I want from him is goodbye.

Greenworld
30-05-2014, 04:39 PM

Totally agree I suspect Monday is going to be some day...
The wind of change will blow in our new owner will be revealed
And I need drink ...print time

Winston Ingram
30-05-2014, 04:41 PM
The only thing i'd like to hear from Butcher is 'I'm resigning'

GreenLake
30-05-2014, 04:51 PM

In which he is relegated to the back seat.

weonlywon6-2
30-05-2014, 04:57 PM

Hes still behind the sittee!!

I thought we would have heard something also by now

Waxy
30-05-2014, 05:13 PM

The manager needs to come out on the front foot, start to try and get folk back onside. Given Butcher's reputation and ethos on leadership, I'm fairly astonished that we've not heard a peep from him since Sunday.The players heard from Butcher on the zillion pound training pitch."oi mcgivern, when you get the ball at the back, instead of passing to a teammate in space ahead of you, just whack the ball upfield so we can give possesion away".Hundreds of fans could have managed us better.(or did the players not follow instruction)?

matty_f
30-05-2014, 05:40 PM
The players heard from Butcher on the zillion pound training pitch."oi mcgivern, when you get the ball at the back, instead of passing to a teammate in space ahead of you, just whack the ball upfield so we can give possesion away".Hundreds of fans could have managed us better.(or did the players not follow instruction)?
:agree:

JustSimplyHibs
30-05-2014, 05:41 PM

If it was me, i'd stop talking and all that bull and start demanding from everyone - like he said he would in his very first interview on Hibs TV...

That means making sure he gets the players he wants from the board and if he doesnae get it, demand that his board of directors source more money to fund his ambitions - that's what a board is all about is it no.

It would be good if, Leann Dempster's first day is complemented with a decent player and a statement of intent by Butcher...

If i was Butcher that's how i'd start playing it... Shutting my mouth and getting on with delivering a winning team. Actions speak louder than words.

RIP Bestie
30-05-2014, 05:42 PM

Re-engage?
i would have thought he would have had to engage first.

matty_f
30-05-2014, 05:43 PM
Re-engage?
i would have thought he would have had to engage first.

I would have said he had the vast majority of the support engaged with him when he arrived at the club and had a good run of results.

RIP Bestie
30-05-2014, 05:53 PM
"Goodbye" is the only thing I want to hear from that erse

Sumner
30-05-2014, 06:03 PM
He is saying nothing, and that takes him to rock bottom in my opinion.

He will bugger off to Brazil soon, and what will happen to replace Hibs' squad in the meantime?

truehibernian
30-05-2014, 06:06 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if they are trying to work out a severence deal for him that doesn't involve the Club in shelling out a large lump sum now! :dunno: :hmmm:

I think you are bang on the money mate - I'll keep saying it, I'm convinced Ian Murray will be Hibs manager as we enter the campaign. My gut instinct only. Everything fits.

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Someone on here said he was away to the USA? Maybe off to Disneyland to meet Mickey Mouse in preparation for the league and cup competitions he's just entered us into for the next few years

Sumner
30-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Someone on here said he was away to the USA? Maybe off to Disneyland to meet Mickey Mouse in preparation for the league and cup competitions he's just entered us into for the next few years

Mickey Mouse.. well he Donald Ducked our season for sure..

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Hopefully he's on a one way flight to Pluto

Captain Trips
30-05-2014, 06:17 PM

I agree with youth I am surprised also. Would I have said it was BS probably but the very point you are making is true. I find it strange there has been nothing and for me I think it is because he is out the door.

jeffers
30-05-2014, 06:35 PM
I agree with youth I am surprised also. Would I have said it was BS probably but the very point you are making is true. I find it strange there has been nothing and for me I think it is because he is out the door.
I wish I could believe that was true, but why would you allow manager to make decisions on which players should be released then only days later get rid of him ? I realise things are bordering on farcical down at ER, but that would take things to a whole new level.

CallumLaidlaw
30-05-2014, 06:37 PM

My lad went down to the front with tears in his eyes on Sunday, still hoping to get a souvenir from a player. I had to explain to him that there was no chance of a player coming that close to the east.

qiut
30-05-2014, 06:40 PM
Agree we must hear from Butcher.

All we are getting just now is stuff from "represented" folk.

Represented Who?. And who decided they would represented us/me?

Onion
30-05-2014, 07:14 PM

Exactly what I'm thinking. Can be the only expectation, unless he and Petrie have concluded that it'll all blow over, so just say nothing. That doesn't fit with Butcher's style.

If he starts to map out plans and then leaves, he'll look like a tit who has been sacked. Petrie and Butcher know they are toast, and just working out their escape route.

Del Boy
30-05-2014, 08:09 PM
Is he really going off to the World Cup for a month??

West hamBERNIAN
30-05-2014, 08:21 PM
Yes. I would like to know.

1. Are you being kept on?

2. If so, who are you letting go?

3. Why are you letting our best young players go?

4. Who do you plan on bringing and do you have the budget to do this?

5. What plan have you got in place to take us back to the top flight?

These questions should all be answered ASAP.

You would like to think this would've been addressed straight away. As fans we are in limbo at the moment. All we have had is negative news on a daily basis.

Swedish hibee
30-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Terry wanted his own team where he can mold players to his way of football, he's got what he's wanted now as everyone who turned against 'his way' is gone now. I'm sure whilst he's gutted we're down- he'll be delighted he's got what he's wanted all along.

I want that man gone. Now.

Callum_62
30-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Terry wanted his own team where he can mold players to his way of football, he's got what he's wanted now as everyone who turned against 'his way' is gone now. I'm sure whilst he's gutted we're down- he'll be delighted he's got what he's wanted all along.

I want that man gone. Now.

Yeah im sure he is beaming ear to ear

Tell you what, this management team looked to care 10000% more than the excuse of players last weekend

Crossgates Hibs
31-05-2014, 07:57 AM
Yeah im sure he is beaming ear to ear

Tell you what, this management team looked to care 10000% more than the excuse of players last weekend

That wouldn't be hard they looked like they were trying to lose the game. I would still like to hear how it came to this from him some of his team selections have been unbelievable. He must be staying unless the board is letting him do the dirty work before showing him the door. I still feel he has more to answer to than Petrie. He made a terrible team much worse and lost the dressing room which in turn led to us being relegated.

Pretty Boy
31-05-2014, 08:02 AM
Tbh seeing Butcher just annoys me at the moment. I watched the interview he gave after Sunday for the 1st time the other day and my blood was boiling just looking at him.

I still believe the players have to shoulder a huge amount of the responsibility for the situation but Butcher should have done so much better. He persisted with a plan that clearly wasn't working and made absolutely no effort to change it.

s2hart
31-05-2014, 08:15 AM
I would think now they will wait until Leeann is in the door before start making statements, as there is no confidence in the two incumbents at the moment.

I would love her to come in like a raging ******* tornado and rip right through the club but sadly I can't see it! it will be the same old peesh.