PDA

View Full Version : PEtrie is deputy vice president of SFA

strummbo
30-05-2014, 01:03 PM
He wont go anyware because of this role. He is at Hibs and will continue to be so for as long as he has a role at the SFA.

Im only saying likes...

Michael
30-05-2014, 01:15 PM
This is what I've always thought. However, I'm certain that fan power can have him removed eventually.

JimBHibees
30-05-2014, 01:17 PM
I am sure there are a number of smaller clubs that would be willing to take on someone with Rod's financial prudence. :greengrin

Cropley10
30-05-2014, 01:19 PM
This is the elephant in the room.

Clarity is required.

Cabbage Lad
30-05-2014, 01:45 PM
Totally agree. He will be here because he wants to be SFA president. You have to be affiliated to a football club to become SFA president. Do you think he will walk away because fans are unhappy? Absolutely no chance!

Diclonius
30-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Yeah let's just give up and give him all our money then.

Cabbage Lad
30-05-2014, 01:55 PM
I never said that. Just giving my opinion on the matter. Feel free to disagree with me. This is what fans forums are all about.

greenlex
30-05-2014, 02:00 PM
He needs to be removed from any position of influence at Hibernian.

Cabbage Lad
30-05-2014, 02:01 PM
I agree Greenlex. Unfortunately I can't see him going anywhere. Won't be surprised if he convinces LD to back him in her first press conference.

WhileTheChief..
30-05-2014, 02:27 PM
And yet according to most threads on here he has no interest in football. If that's the case why would he want to be SFA president??

Juice-Terry
30-05-2014, 02:29 PM
And yet according to most threads on here he has no interest in football. If that's the case why would he want to be SFA president??

Since when was being interested in football a requirement for being SFA president?

cad
30-05-2014, 02:33 PM
Was Sir Tom no miffed at Rod about his SFA dream for some reason I remember reading something about it but cant recollect the full script .

WhileTheChief..
30-05-2014, 02:33 PM
Since when was being interested in football a requirement for being SFA president?

I never said there was a requirement!

I just find it ofdd that someone who supposedly has no interest in football would want to be the top dog of the organisation that runs the game.

Why do folk even think he wants to be president? Has he said this before?

PatHead
30-05-2014, 02:35 PM

You don't need to be interested just an official or board member of a football club or organisation governed by the SFA. The rules changed in 2011 though I don't know if that was when the requirement came into place.

I assume that the position will only become vacant if Campbell Ogilvie gets the FIFA role being vacated by Jim Boyce though. There may be no position.

Maybe he is just polishing his cv though as being useless seems to be a prerequisite to being President.

cad
30-05-2014, 02:36 PM

True very true ,its more about the freebies wall to wall suits with there tongues out,that plane to Brazil will be packed fu off them .

Cropley10
30-05-2014, 02:41 PM

He has no interest in watching good football at ER.

Campbell Ogilvie isn't interested in football. But he's in a very cushy well paid job with great perks.

Why wouldn't RP be interested??! He's interested enough to be deputy Vice President!

Cropley10
30-05-2014, 02:42 PM
Yeah let's just give up and give him all our money then.

It might not be quite as binary as that.

greenginger
30-05-2014, 02:45 PM
He wont go anyware because of this role. He is at Hibs and will continue to be so for as long as he has a role at the SFA.

Im only saying likes...

I've no problem with him being at Easter Road, as long as he enters and leaves by the back door and dos'nt say anything while he is there.

Geo_1875
30-05-2014, 03:05 PM
You would think that the SFA wouldn't want someone who's responsible for the sad recent history of Hibs anywhere near their presidency.

But it is the SFA after all.

Deansy
30-05-2014, 03:52 PM
Totally agree. He will be here because he wants to be SFA president. You have to be affiliated to a football club to become SFA president. Do you think he will walk away because fans are unhappy? Absolutely no chance!

Will the SFA appoint a President who quite willingly, through his own belligerence and ego, is running the risk of one of the country's biggest, historic, famous clubs to (possibly/maybe ??) go to the wall just to satisfy his obvious lust for power ?. Hardly the CV required for a position that requires a genuine love/interest for the good of the game !

Calum68
30-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Will the SFA appoint a President who quite willingly, through his own belligerence and ego, is running the risk of one of the country's biggest, historic, famous clubs to (possibly/maybe ??) go to the wall just to satisfy his obvious lust for power ?. Hardly the CV required for a position that requires a genuine love/interest for the good of the game !

I'm sure those in power at the SFA are more likely to be looking at his ability to manage finances and invest in the infrastructure. No doubt they'll turn a blind eye to the fact that we don't have a football team that lives up to the training facilities and stadium.

MWHIBBIES
30-05-2014, 07:32 PM
This is what I've always thought. However, I'm certain that fan power can have him removed eventually.Farmer can remove him any time he chooses.