PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable Mess

Delboy4
30-05-2014, 12:49 PM
I just cannot believe the mess our football club has got into...I know it has been festering away for years but from last Sunday getting beat from Hamilton then Manic Monday when TB wielded the axe to now.
I'm in my office trying to do my work but keep on thinking about my team and what has happened?
You could not make it up. I know it's close season and players are on holiday so there isn't any movement in the transfer market until the 11th June but someone from Hibs should maybe make a statement to let us know that everything is in hand.

Ive never known a club to get rid of every goalkeeper that they have on their books (even the youngsters) it beggars belief. Also, there are so many players out there who are free to sign now but knowing us we'll leave it too late and miss the better ones! And with the state we are in, who would want to sign for us?

We are actually working like smaller clubs like Livingston FC who dump all their players and don't sign others until the death so they don't have wages to pay over the summer period. Is that the way we need to trade now, who knows, there might be money problems...maybe we don't know the full story!

Sorry for the rant guys but as I said earlier, I'm working away but can't get this out my head. I've been going to games since I was 5yrs old, 43 years of some enjoyment but a lot of heartache.

On another note, if someone does take over from the Tache, they have to tell TB to change his ways and play football instead of hoofball as my eyes were bleeding again on Sunday!!

Thank god I'm away on holiday at the weekend to get away from all this crap.

GGTTH

greenginger
30-05-2014, 12:58 PM
Given the respective positions the Yams and ourselves were in 12 months ago, I don't think that even with the most rabid scarf twirler in charge at Hibs could the Yams now have better odds than us of playing in the top flight in 2015/16.

Petrie has done the impossible !

Phil D. Rolls
30-05-2014, 01:04 PM
Given the respective positions the Yams and ourselves were in 12 months ago, I don't think that even with the most rabid scarf twirler in charge at Hibs could the Yams now have better odds than us of playing in the top flight in 2015/16.

:top marks

JJP
30-05-2014, 01:07 PM
I don't want to sound dramatic, but for me this is the worst of times I've experienced in supporting this club. Has anyone seen worse times? It's painful to be a Hibby right now.

CropleyWasGod
30-05-2014, 01:09 PM
I don't want to sound dramatic, but for me this is the worst of times I've experienced in supporting this club. Has anyone seen worse times? It's painful to be a Hibby right now.

Yes. 1990.

truehibernian
30-05-2014, 01:19 PM

Can I also ut positive spin on it though GG - Rod has unwittingly started a revolution that I don't think would have happened had we limped over the play off line......that in itself would have bought him and the club more seasons of abject misery.

This my friend is a genuine turning point in our club - am I the only one that really isn't overly concerned at relegation ? Yes, financially it may prove a little costly, but from a footballing perspective if we get this right and get Rod away from the club, then we can really get 'into' the club again and force changes that are unprecedented - this is a real opportunity for innovation and a chance to get the soul back.

When we had Shiels, Morrow, Derek, GOC, Brown , Thommo and Whitty......they were not on super dooper contracts, far from it - as we found out through journos, they were on sweetie money :greengrin yet these were lads who loved the game, played it with passion and a care free 'f*** you' attitude and they brought smiles back to Easter Road. This can easily be achieved again with the right manager and the right Chairperson - but equally with the right people al around the club.

Time for real accountability and I'm delighted people at the Academy are also not exempt from this scrutiny.

I'm not in the slightest bit concerned or worried what happens at Hearts or any other club. We had 18,000 reasons last Sunday to make sure this club takes it's chance to move forward - this is truly a turning point if coordinated properly.

Geo_1875
30-05-2014, 01:23 PM
Can I also ut positive spin on it though GG - Rod has unwittingly started a revolution that I don't think would have happened had we limped over the play off line......that in itself would have bought him and the club more seasons of abject misery.

This my friend is a genuine turning point in our club - am I the only one that really isn't overly concerned at relegation ? Yes, financially it may prove a little costly, but from a footballing perspective if we get this right and get Rod away from the club, then we can really get 'into' the club again and force changes that are unprecedented - this is a real opportunity for innovation and a chance to get the soul back.

When we had Shiels, Morrow, Derek, GOC, Brown , Thommo and Whitty......they were not on super dooper contracts, far from it - as we found out through journos, they were on sweetie money :greengrin yet these were lads who loved the game, played it with passion and a care free 'f*** you' attitude and they brought smiles back to Easter Road. This can easily be achieved again with the right manager and the right Chairperson - but equally with the right people al around the club.

Time for real accountability and I'm delighted people at the Academy are also not exempt from this scrutiny.

I'm not in the slightest bit concerned or worried what happens at Hearts or any other club. We had 18,000 reasons last Sunday to make sure this club takes it's chance to move forward - this is truly a turning point if coordinated properly.

Does that make us rebels?

CropleyWasGod
30-05-2014, 01:25 PM

Out of the darkness, etc etc.

I have been starting to think this way in the last day or so.

1980, the end of the Turnbull era, was tough. So was 98.

In both cases, there was a re-boot, a clear-out, and lots of other hyphenated cliches. In both cases, yes it was a financial struggle, but there was certainly a renewal of "something", particularly in the second situation.

I know that this time, with the competition in the Championship, it will be different. Or will it? As you say, this is now an opportunity for us to build something from scratch again. The Hearts are doing it, from a less-favourable financial base, so why can't we?

Positivity can be a real bitch sometimes. :)

Kaiser1962
30-05-2014, 01:27 PM
Yes. 1990.

100% agree

Saorsa
30-05-2014, 01:28 PM
We are actually working like smaller club
GGTTHThat's because we are run by somebody with small ideas. Nae vision, drive or ambition tae make this club what it could or should be and who is only using this club tae further his position at the SFA.

#petrieout

JJP
30-05-2014, 01:32 PM
Yes. 1990.

I wasn't around then. But I am old enough to remember the last time we were relegated and I'm sure I didn't feel as bad back then as I do now.

CropleyWasGod
30-05-2014, 01:35 PM
I wasn't around then. But I am old enough to remember the last time we were relegated and I'm sure I didn't feel as bad back then as I do now.

IIRC, 98 wasn't as bad as 80. The latter was the end of the Turnbull era, and it felt to me like the world had come to an end.

I don't know yet how this one feels in comparison, as it's still too raw. Ask me when we know how the club is going to deal with it.... that will be the key for me.

bookert
30-05-2014, 01:40 PM

I have been supporting the club since 1970. I cannot remember feeling so pessimistic about the immediate future of the Hibs. I have no faith that if Butcher and Malpas stay we will even be contention next year. The football latterly was shocking. They are so comitted to the outdated, kick, rush and press school of football that not only will it be unsuccessful but also murder to watch.

In saying that I will be back next season.

Hibernia&Alba
30-05-2014, 01:50 PM
It's absolutely criminal the way the club has been allowed to decay over recent years. If anything good can come from relegation, perhaps it's that we'll now see long overdue changes implemented and the club finding a new sense of direction and purpose. It must act as the tipping point.

jacomo
30-05-2014, 03:02 PM

From a footballing perspective, I'm convinced we need to get shot of Butcher ASAP if this crisis is to be turned into an opportunity to rebuild.

The man's been an abject failure and I have zero confidence in him making the right decisions to get us out of it.

truehibernian
30-05-2014, 03:08 PM
From a footballing perspective, I'm convinced we need to get shot of Butcher ASAP if this crisis is to be turned into an opportunity to rebuild.

The man's been an abject failure and I have zero confidence in him making the right decisions to get us out of it.

Mate I'm with you - I want Ian Murray, and I believe I'll get my wish.

MM19
30-05-2014, 03:19 PM
[QUOTE=CropleyWasGod;4040467]Out of the darkness, etc etc.

In both cases, there was a re-boot, a clear-out, and lots of other hyphenated cliches. In both cases, yes it was a financial struggle, but there was certainly a renewal of "something", particularly in the second situation.

I know that this time, with the competition in the Championship, it will be different. Or will it? As you say, this is now an opportunity for us to build something from scratch again. The Hearts are doing it, from a less-favourable financial base, so why can't we?

Positivity can be a real bitch sometimes. :)[/QUOTE

The Turnbull relegation was as bad as this one. At least when we were relegated in 1998 we put up a bit of a fight. This time there was no fight we went out with a whimper at best.

Think a lot depends if we can get rid of Petrie and what Dempster does. Hopefully we'll find out pretty soon after she takes over.

TornadoHibby
30-05-2014, 03:21 PM
I just cannot believe the mess our football club has got into...I know it has been festering away for years but from last Sunday getting beat from Hamilton then Manic Monday when TB wielded the axe to now.
I'm in my office trying to do my work but keep on thinking about my team and what has happened?
You could not make it up. I know it's close season and players are on holiday so there isn't any movement in the transfer market until the 11th June but someone from Hibs should maybe make a statement to let us know that everything is in hand.

Ive never known a club to get rid of every goalkeeper that they have on their books (even the youngsters) it beggars belief. Also, there are so many players out there who are free to sign now but knowing us we'll leave it too late and miss the better ones! And with the state we are in, who would want to sign for us?

We are actually working like smaller clubs like Livingston FC who dump all their players and don't sign others until the death so they don't have wages to pay over the summer period. Is that the way we need to trade now, who knows, there might be money problems...maybe we don't know the full story!

Sorry for the rant guys but as I said earlier, I'm working away but can't get this out my head. I've been going to games since I was 5yrs old, 43 years of some enjoyment but a lot of heartache.

On another note, if someone does take over from the Tache, they have to tell TB to change his ways and play football instead of hoofball as my eyes were bleeding again on Sunday!!

Thank god I'm away on holiday at the weekend to get away from all this crap.

GGTTH

Wot no broadband or 3 or 4g where you are going then? :greengrin :wink:

TornadoHibby
30-05-2014, 03:22 PM
[QUOTE=CropleyWasGod;4040467]Out of the darkness, etc etc.

Positivity can be a real bitch sometimes. :)[/QUOTE

The Turnbull relegation was as bad as this one. At least when we were relegated in 1998 we put up a bit of a fight. This time there was no fight we went out with a whimper at best.

Think a lot depends if we can get rid of Petrie and what Dempster does. Hopefully we'll find out pretty soon after she takes over.

IN '98 we had McLeish as manager who did a decent job until the Huns came calling and we had the Sky tv cash allowing us to bring in the legends who arrived at ER at that time! :agree:

Rosevillehibby
30-05-2014, 03:37 PM

Definitely 1998 was worse than this year for me... in 98 i really did think Mcleish would turn it around... this time around, it had a feeling of inevitability , basic difference between 98 was that I was genuinely emotionally upset then, tears on the terraces..., this time around just bloody angry
:flag:

SanFranHibs
30-05-2014, 03:40 PM

When Fenlon left we were in 7th but only 5 points of Aberdeen in second and if I recall correctly at one point 28 points ahead of Hearts.

Shambles is too kind to describe our mess.

I'm trying to remain 'poitive' but frankly I just don't see any. Relegation, throwing youngsters overboard, reducing salaries, cutting wage bills.

Sounds like a club ownership/directorship resigned to Championship obscurity.

In todays world an extra 2 or 3 million of debt to get on the way up is perfectly acceptable. I don't think any team can compete trying to achieve a profit every year. If we cut our squad and wages to keep in alignment with Championship status then that is exactly what we will be for the foreseeable future.

Oh to be a..Hibbee.

Golden Bear
30-05-2014, 03:47 PM

You're absolutely correct.

In my 50+ years of following the Hibs I have never known such a complete and utter shambles both on and off the park.

Up until a few days ago I was of the opinion that it's easy to say Petrie/Farmer out but we (the supporters) should have an alternative and workable plan in place. I'm now of the opinion that anything at all must be an improvement on what we have at present.

I'm getting more furious by the minute and if I had any hair left I'd be tearing it out.

:fuming:

greenlex
30-05-2014, 03:53 PM

You didn't have social media reminding you every living minute if the day and getting a virtual kick in the baws every time you log on back then. Log off fir a couple of weeks. It'll get better.

Golden Bear
30-05-2014, 03:56 PM
You didn't have social media reminding you every living minute if the day and getting a virtual kick in the baws every time you log on back then. Log off fir a couple of weeks. It'll get better.

If it wasn't so true I almost allowed myself to laugh at that one.

Aye ok then I'll maybe allow myself a wee smile.

:greengrin

jacomo
30-05-2014, 03:57 PM
Mate I'm with you - I want Ian Murray, and I believe I'll get my wish.

Can we get John Collins back as Director of Football and a senior scout too please?

SanFranHibs
30-05-2014, 04:00 PM
Can we get John Collins back as Director of Football and a senior scout too please?

I think he would be a Dictator of Football.

Loved him as a player but not, in my opinion, as a man manger.

Also, some people are just TOO close to the club and maybe not able to see that things have changed since they were players at a team.

Still love him as the player he was for us !!!

Springbank
30-05-2014, 04:00 PM
Yes. 1990.

At least then we had a goalie, and a damn fine one

This week of the long knives looks high risk to me - I like a spot of risk but the club have backed themselves against a wall and should expect to she'll out serious money to get top targets now.

And that's a concern as its against the grain for rp

Springbank
30-05-2014, 04:03 PM
You're absolutely correct.

In my 50+ years of following the Hibs I have never known such a complete and utter shambles both on and off the park.

Up until a few days ago I was of the opinion that it's easy to say Petrie/Farmer out but we (the supporters) should have an alternative and workable plan in place. I'm now of the opinion that anything at all must be an improvement on what we have at present.

I'm getting more furious by the minute and if I had any hair left I'd be tearing it out.

:fuming:

Agreed

It looks like a puerile act of sabotage by Petrie

If I'm going down I'm leaving scorched earth in my wake...

Aldo
30-05-2014, 04:05 PM
Yes. 1990.

Sure was. Way worse than this!! In fact it doesn't compare

NAE NOOKIE
30-05-2014, 04:38 PM
As I recall two guys Duff & Gray bought Hibs and through poor management, getting a Monaco based shark to bankroll them and overreaching the clubs finances with less than prudent outside investments had by 1990 had brought it to ruin.

One thing though:

Petty crook, idiot, fantasist ....... call David Duff what you want .... at the end when he could have saved his own skin he refused to sell his shares to Mercer ........ showing that if nothing else the guy actually did care about Hibs.

No matter the depths he sunk Hibs to there a few around Easter Road who need to step up to the plate and prove that they love the club the way Duff obviously did.

Apathy and neglect can be as bad for a club as stupidity and crooks ............... or so it seems !!!

Delboy4
30-05-2014, 08:37 PM
Wot no broadband or 3 or 4g where you are going then? :greengrin :wink:

Yeah Morocco has broadband but I'm going to chill out on the beach with a cold beer and forget about everything!! 😎 Maybe..!

30-05-2014, 08:47 PM
Yes. 1990.

Agreed. We are down but not out, but back then we were down and certianly nearly out.