PDA

View Full Version : Protest outside Easter Road against Rod Petrie, Saturday 7th June at 11:30

Pages : [1] 2

Diclonius
30-05-2014, 11:59 AM
Putting this in a separate topic to raise awareness. Everyone who can, get yourself down there. :aok:

ekhibee
30-05-2014, 12:09 PM
Putting this in a separate topic to raise awareness. Everyone who can, get yourself down there. :aok:

I'll be there.

Pretty Boy
30-05-2014, 12:10 PM
I'm at the meeting so be nice to me.

Keith_M
30-05-2014, 12:12 PM

Booooooooooo!!!!!!!

:greengrin

Leith Mo
30-05-2014, 12:32 PM
Sorry, but I thought I read in a different thread that the Meeting is scheduled for 11.30am and we should gather outside the main Stand at 11am? (Assuming of course they will open the gates to the Car Park)

3pm
30-05-2014, 12:34 PM
Sorry, but I thought I read in a different thread that the Meeting is scheduled for 11.30am and we should gather outside the main Stand at 11am? (Assuming of course they will open the gates to the Car Park)

Tell them you are buying a season ticket...that'll get you through the gates.

truehibernian
30-05-2014, 12:35 PM
This is the acid test time though - put it this way, when the club and team needed the supporters for vital games, we turned up and jeez even down to having 'green dot' counts.

So......if this is to be done properly, constructivey and more importantly civily, then there needs to be the same level of support - as that way I see it, this is far far far more crucial than a game against Killie for 3 points, or a play off game - this is for a monumental, club saving change.

My only hope is that this is done with coordination and as I said, a calm, lawful and civil manner. The main thrust of the argument is for Rod to leave the club with a degree of dignity and for us thereafter to move on with energy, positivity and passion. It cannot be simply Rod Petrie going and then believing the job is done - it won't be, as it will be the start of a difficult but exciting journey in the club's history.

I'd call it, for want of a better phrase, 'Season of Change' - I'd want a vision statement for both the club and the first team, far more interaction with supporters, far more school inclusion, a steering group formed to audit and report on the Academy at 6 month intervals (thus making it accountable to the supporters and interested parties), sponsorship to be looked at all levels with stadium naming rights and Academy naming rights being explored.

Team wise I want Hibs Media to be far more 2014 and not 1914......it needs refreshed and revamped, new ideas like 'fans commentaries' in games like the derby (Hibs fan Hearts fan), better interviews, a Captain's weekly update.......the manager meeting regularly with the support.

In short, any campaign (and it must be looked upon as a campaign) has to have a clear message, a clear focus and a clear argument - but with clear expectations and ones which are achievable with hard work and enterprise - we cannot do rhetoric and 'shoot for the stars'. The aims and objectives have to be attainable.

That for me is my thoughts on how we should go about things - I think as I posted before we have jumped the gun a bit this week, caught on the emotions of Sunday.

Let's think this through with deliberation and be constructive and reasoned. Emotions can get in the way of rational thought.

silverhibee
30-05-2014, 12:36 PM

Is it Hibs car park.?

3pm
30-05-2014, 12:39 PM
Is it Hibs car park.?

That'll be sold before next week!

silverhibee
Me and my son will be there.

#petrieout

Phil D. Rolls
This is the acid test time though - put it this way, when the club and team needed the supporters for vital games, we turned up and jeez even down to having 'green dot' counts.

So......if this is to be done properly, constructivey and more importantly civily, then there needs to be the same level of support - as that way I see it, this is far far far more crucial than a game against Killie for 3 points, or a play off game - this is for a monumental, club saving change.

My only hope is that this is done with coordination and as I said, a calm, lawful and civil manner. The main thrust of the argument is for Rod to leave the club with a degree of dignity and for us thereafter to move on with energy, positivity and passion. It cannot be simply Rod Petrie going and then believing the job is done - it won't be, as it will be the start of a difficult but exciting journey in the club's history.

I'd call it, for want of a better phrase, 'Season of Change' - I'd want a vision statement for both the club and the first team, far more interaction with supporters, far more school inclusion, a steering group formed to audit and report on the Academy at 6 month intervals (thus making it accountable to the supporters and interested parties), sponsorship to be looked at all levels with stadium naming rights and Academy naming rights being explored.

Team wise I want Hibs Media to be far more 2014 and not 1914......it needs refreshed and revamped, new ideas like 'fans commentaries' in games like the derby (Hibs fan Hearts fan), better interviews, a Captain's weekly update.......the manager meeting regularly with the support.

In short, any campaign (and it must be looked upon as a campaign) has to have a clear message, a clear focus and a clear argument - but with clear expectations and ones which are achievable with hard work and enterprise - we cannot do rhetoric and 'shoot for the stars'. The aims and objectives have to be attainable.

That for me is my thoughts on how we should go about things - I think as I posted before we have jumped the gun a bit this week, caught on the emotions of Sunday.

Let's think this through with deliberation and be constructive and reasoned. Emotions can get in the way of rational thought.

Run this past me, conducted "civily" - with a baying mob outside? Sounds like a very British revolution. In other countries they have the decency to spit on their enemies dead bodies, but here we give them tea and sandwiches and tell them they can say whatever they like - if we agree it.

hasta siempre la victoria!!!!

Lee Marvin
30-05-2014, 12:40 PM
I'll be there. This is the only way it's going to work. Writing 'petrie out' is fine, but anyone can do that so doesnt hold enough credence.

If u want petrie out, be there in body, not spirit

truehibernian
30-05-2014, 12:46 PM
Run this past me, conducted "civily" - with a baying mob outside? Sounds like a very British revolution. In other countries they have the decency to spit on their enemies dead bodies, but here we give them tea and sandwiches and tell them they can say whatever they like - if we agree it.

hasta siempre la victoria!!!!

No FR, I want change but not when it's getting to a level which is beneath us - will shouting bile and abuse at a set of revolving doors do anything ? Other than make a few people a wee bit happier and their oxytocin level rise and make them feel happier :greengrin

I'm all for a gathering, but I want to know what we all collectively want as a club (apart from the clearly obvious and that is a winning team). Getting Rod out, although the main objective, is only for me a small part of the process - I want a total revamp of the club, from Rod to the tealady/teaboy.

There are a lot of very well connected, thoughtful, experienced and innovative fans out there - really knowledgeable about many things that could help and improve the club. That's why I posted what I did.

Baldy Foghorn
30-05-2014, 12:47 PM

Snap

silverhibee
30-05-2014, 12:49 PM
No FR, I want change but not when it's getting to a level which is beneath us - will shouting bile and abuse at a set of revolving doors do anything ? Other than make a few people a wee bit happier and their oxytocin level rise and make them feel happier :greengrin

I'm all for a gathering, but I want to know what we all collectively want as a club (apart from the clearly obvious and that is a winning team). Getting Rod out, although the main objective, is only for me a small part of the process - I want a total revamp of the club, from Rod to the tealady/teaboy.

There are a lot of very well connected, thoughtful, experienced and innovative fans out there - really knowledgeable about many things that could help and improve the club. That's why I posted what I did.

Unemployed now.

truehibernian
30-05-2014, 12:50 PM
Unemployed now.

How goes it SH mate ?

I'll be there, but I also want it to be more thought through - Rod going is only the start for me.

S4uzee
30-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Think we will definitely sell out this one

IanM
30-05-2014, 12:54 PM
We'll need to get some songs penned i reckon - the chants of 'Petrie Petrie Get to ****' however direct means we'll be going against what PK said earlier about this not being personal, but business..

A few renditions of 'We Are Hibernian FC' and the Hibees bounce on Rod's bonnet are acceptable (I get Rod won't be there so the nearest Jag:wink:)

Saorsa
30-05-2014, 12:54 PM

#petrieoutas will I, hopefully with the lads I went tae the games with.

HibbyRod
30-05-2014, 12:56 PM
Snap

Snap for me too.

pacorosssco
30-05-2014, 12:57 PM
hopefully huge crowd cant make it be there in spirit. PETRIEOUT

JustSimplyHibs
30-05-2014, 12:59 PM
I'll be there with plus 3.

Give us our Hibs back!

Phil D. Rolls
30-05-2014, 01:00 PM

It's like waving a season ticket at a camera crew. :agree:

Sorry, I was just having a laugh there. I'm more in favour of small groups of organised fans carrying out protests than a large homogenous mob - as it is easily dispersed and there is every chance of negative publicity as a result.

I would hope the demonstration outside is stewarded and clear guidelines given about acceptable protest.

McKenzie
30-05-2014, 01:02 PM
I'll be there. Dragging every Hibee I know along with me. Spread the word and let's get rid of Rod

Diclonius
30-05-2014, 01:04 PM
Unfortunately I won't be there - living two hours away with a thesis to write and no driving license doesn't help.

Also, could one of the admins change the time to 11:00? Made a mistake, cheers. :aok:

Pretty Boy
30-05-2014, 01:06 PM
It's like waving a season ticket at a camera crew. :agree:

Sorry, I was just having a laugh there. I'm more in favour of small groups of organised fans carrying out protests than a large homogenous mob - as it is easily dispersed and there is every chance of negative publicity as a result.

I would hope the demonstration outside is stewarded and clear guidelines given about acceptable protest.

Demo will be properly stewarded.

silverhibee
30-05-2014, 01:28 PM
How goes it SH mate ?

I'll be there, but I also want it to be more thought through - Rod going is only the start for me.

Good bud.

Hopefully we hear more before Saturday, but yes i will be there on Saturday with the munchies :thumbsup:

oconnors_strip
30-05-2014, 01:29 PM
I just hope the wee kids don't turn up and start having a party atmosphere and throwing coins at people!!

Captain Trips
30-05-2014, 01:31 PM
I will get the effigy sorted.

California-Hibs
30-05-2014, 01:34 PM
Really glad to hear this is happening! Fully supporting this from California. It's time for change!

Well done to all those attending and showing how much Hibernian FC means to us!

Pedantic_Hibee
30-05-2014, 01:36 PM
I'm gonna turn up with a fishing rod and a six pack of beer.

Hibrandenburg
30-05-2014, 01:37 PM
Make sure everyone brings their false moustaches so we can get pictures in the paper of folks kicking them about in the street.

silverhibee
30-05-2014, 01:45 PM
as will I, hopefully with the lads I went tae the games with.

more the better :agree:

My_Wife_Camille
30-05-2014, 01:54 PM
as will I, hopefully with the lads I went tae the games with.
I won't be there mate. Hopefully the rest will be able to make it though

California-Hibs
30-05-2014, 01:56 PM
Wishful thinking, but I'd love it if a REAL statement of intent was made by 1000+ turning up.

HIBERNIAN-0762
30-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Waste of time but good luck anyway, he won't be going anywhere I don't think, not for the foreseeable future anyway, hope I'm wrong of course.

It will be the usual pat on the head now go away children attitude that the club has for it's supporters.

RIP
30-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Does anybody know if it's true that neither Rod nor the Board are planning to be in the stadium that day - just Leeann?

green&left
30-05-2014, 01:59 PM
Should be able to make it along with one or two others hopefully.

Saorsa
30-05-2014, 02:06 PM
I won't be there mate. Hopefully the rest will be able to make it though:aok: I'll speak tae them the morn, I will be there anyway. :agree:

PatHead
30-05-2014, 02:09 PM
Does anybody know if it's true that neither Rod nor the Board are planning to be in the stadium that day - just Leeann?

The meeting was purely with Leeann to get to know her and how all the groups that are associated with Hibs work and who they are. It was at her instigation which was a good sign she wants to interact with supporters.

It was prior to her first board meeting the following week.

There is a further meeting planned with the full board on 9 July though.......

IanM
30-05-2014, 02:19 PM
The meeting was purely with Leeann to get to know her and how all the groups that are associated with Hibs work and who they are. It was at her instigation which was a good sign she wants to interact with supporters.

It was prior to her first board meeting the following week.

There is a further meeting planned with the full board on 9 July though.......

a good opportunity not only for us to oust Petrie but to welcome Leeann and ensure her we're 100% behind her tenure... I know there are pro Petrie supporters, which again is fine as they're all Hibs fans at the end of the day, however, once this is resolved we ALL must be pulling in the same direction and wanting the same thing.

The time for mediocracy is over, it's going to be a long hard journey for everyone involved but we'll get there and we'll get there quicker if we're all in it together..

Bishop Hibee
30-05-2014, 02:31 PM
Waste of time but good luck anyway, he won't be going anywhere I don't think, not for the foreseeable future anyway, hope I'm wrong of course.

It will be the usual pat on the head now go away children attitude that the club has for it's supporters.

Maybe but doing nowt definitley won't get rid of him.

It might be a long campaign. If he's not away by the start of the season it will be a crowd of 5-6K in the home end.

Juice-Terry
30-05-2014, 02:31 PM

Good to meet you mate. Have fun at the boxing.

Juice-Terry
30-05-2014, 02:35 PM
I'll certainly be there. I'll drag along every Hibee I know.

timewilltell
30-05-2014, 02:38 PM
Think we will definitely sell out this one

What do you believe constitutes a sell out?

borstalboy
30-05-2014, 02:43 PM
I'll be there with the old boy! Time for change! PETRIE OUT!

Broken Gnome
30-05-2014, 02:44 PM
What if Dempster is as visionary, engaging and ambitious as we want her to be, but insists she needs Petrie there in the short-term? She's going to be under no illusions that most want him gone, but she's entitled to a handover period from the guy that recruited her.

If Petrie is still there in six months coming to the end of such a role, is it acceptable being Dempster's personal wish than his stubbornness?

hibeeleicester
30-05-2014, 02:47 PM
I don't agree with how the club is being run....

But this is getting silly now, we are all Adults here yeah? :rolleyes:

hibeeleicester
30-05-2014, 02:48 PM
What if Dempster is as visionary, engaging and ambitious as we want her to be, but insists she needs Petrie there in the short-term? She's going to be under no illusions that most want him gone, but she's entitled to a handover period from the guy that recruited her.

If Petrie is still there in six months coming to the end of such a role, is it acceptable being Dempster's personal wish than his stubbornness?

:agree:

Finally some sense.

Nando™
30-05-2014, 02:48 PM
"Sleepwalking to oblivion."

****ing right I'll be there.

#petrieout

30-05-2014, 03:03 PM
I've changed my work shift to be here! It's about time we rallied together and took proper action. This clown has run our club into the ground!

PETRIE OUT!

Weir7
30-05-2014, 03:38 PM

If Dempster needs rod to hold her hand she shouldn't have got the job.

ionahibby
30-05-2014, 03:39 PM
I don't agree with how the club is being run....

But this is getting silly now, we are all Adults here yeah? :rolleyes:

:agree: Finally somebody on here who is speaking sensibly. All we are doing is making things worse with this anarchy we seem to want. Why not proper dialogue with the club with a plan and they would be more intent to listen to us. Having a campaign against Petrie especially with someone like Paul Kane at the helm a man who has despised Petrie for years isn't going to work. In not saying we shouldn't do anything but people need to get a grip. But come on a protest on Saturday really?:rolleyes:

Saorsa
30-05-2014, 03:39 PM
If Dempster needs rod to hold her hand she shouldn't have got the job.:agree: what could she possibly take from somebody who has made such a **** of it like he has?

My_Wife_Camille
30-05-2014, 03:41 PM

If Dempster comes out and says she needs Petrie in the short term and can guarantee that he'll be out of the club in 6 months then I'm sure most people would see that as a success

Saorsa
30-05-2014, 03:42 PM
:agree: Finally somebody on here who is speaking sensibly. All we are doing is making things worse with this anarchy we seem to want. Why not proper dialogue with the club with a plan and they would be more intent to listen to us. Having a campaign against Petrie especially with someone like Paul Kane at the helm a man who has despised Petrie for years isn't going to work. In not saying we shouldn't do anything but people need to get a grip. But come on a protest on Saturday really?:rolleyes:a proper dialogue with petrie? good luck with that one, let us ken how you get on though :aok: maybe you can get some good advice from some of the folk on here who were at the last Q&NA session with petrie and ask them how they got on.

aye really, I guess you'll no be there then.:aok:

My_Wife_Camille
30-05-2014, 03:47 PM
:agree: Finally somebody on here who is speaking sensibly. All we are doing is making things worse with this anarchy we seem to want. Why not proper dialogue with the club with a plan and they would be more intent to listen to us. Having a campaign against Petrie especially with someone like Paul Kane at the helm a man who has despised Petrie for years isn't going to work. In not saying we shouldn't do anything but people need to get a grip. But come on a protest on Saturday really?:rolleyes:
Why don't you try and initiate some proper dialogue with the club and give them your ideas for your plan for change?

Actually, I think I already know the answer. You have nothing. All you do is disagree with everyone here and come up with nothing of your own. In fact, the only people you agree with are the others who have no ideas of their own either! What a waste.

Hibrandenburg
30-05-2014, 03:49 PM

I can't shake the feeling that this is all about venting frustration and revenge whereas it should be about moving forward. To do that we need a vision of what needs to be fixed and I'm not seeing that here.

Bishop Hibee
30-05-2014, 03:53 PM

Time has past for trying to take the softly-softly approach. Petrie needs to give a timescale for his departure or the home end at ER will be short of thousands of ST holders who had ST's last season.

What would you suggest the fans do?

Onion
30-05-2014, 03:59 PM
Understand Petrie is in the S France on holiday that day but agreed that the stadium should be opened up.

Free if you buy a 2014/15 Season Ticket or £20 to get in.

Onion
30-05-2014, 04:02 PM
Are there going to be keynote speakers, placards, bake stalls, kids bouncy castles etc? If not what happens when we all get there... stand around and boo ?

Bishop Hibee
30-05-2014, 04:02 PM
I can't shake the feeling that this is all about venting frustration and revenge whereas it should be about moving forward. To do that we need a vision of what needs to be fixed and I'm not seeing that here.

Personally, I want Petrie to delare publicly what he'd sell his share of the club for. He deserves and has been given praise for sorting the club out off the field. He now needs to step away and let someone drive us forward with fresh ideas to improve revenue streams for the club. This goes from stadium naming rights right down to the tiny details like brand sponsorship for the TV's in the concourses. The guy took his eye of the ball and needs replaced.

In due course, I want to know what STF is going to do with the club when he dies. It's time ALL these questions are answered.

Diclonius
30-05-2014, 04:03 PM
If Dempster comes out and says she needs Petrie in the short term and can guarantee that he'll be out of the club in 6 months then I'm sure most people would see that as a success

What I'm worried about is Dempster's opening statement stressing that she has no problems with Rod Petrie. That suggests he still has an influence (no one dare speak ill of Rod, etc) and would without doubt set the tone for more of the same.

hibeeleicester
30-05-2014, 04:11 PM

Exactly! Says it all when Mike Reilly when in all guns blazing to the meeting but didn't actually have any points other than Petrie out because 95% said so. :rolleyes:

bighairyfaeleith
30-05-2014, 04:16 PM

I share your concerns I won't be attending the demo.

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

number 27
30-05-2014, 04:23 PM
Exactly! Says it all when Mike Reilly when in all guns blazing to the meeting but didn't actually have any points other than Petrie out because 95% said so. :rolleyes:

Have you not actually bothered to read any of the comment on here over the last couple of days?

Petrie's resignation was demanded because that is the first essential step to fix our club, once that is out the way we can all move forward.

Why is it that you expected the fans delegation to present detailed plans at this meeting when no one at the club was offering anything other than "I wont resign"

lucky
30-05-2014, 04:29 PM
Gutted I can't make it but I'm off to the Edinburgh cup at Musselburgh races.

Pretty Boy
30-05-2014, 04:34 PM
Why do the fans group need to provide a detailed vision for the future?

We still have a fully working board without Rod, the whole house of cards won't come tumbling down wihout him. Another board member can take on the role of non exec chairperson if it will be as hands off as Rod claims.

It's my opinion that Rod is now such a toxic presence that the only way to start engaging the fan base again is to remove him from the equation.

frazeHFC
30-05-2014, 04:37 PM
I'll be there with 5/6 others at least. Got better things to be doing but feel we should attend.

RIP
30-05-2014, 04:41 PM
The meeting was purely with Leeann to get to know her and how all the groups that are associated with Hibs work and who they are. It was at her instigation which was a good sign she wants to interact with supporters. It was prior to her first board meeting the following week.

a good opportunity ..............to welcome Leeann and ensure her we're 100% behind her tenure

Thanks guys. The focus for the Leeann meeting can be the vision for putting a team on the park we can recognise as Hibernian FC. We want to watch football again - played the Stanton Way

Lucius Apuleius
30-05-2014, 04:42 PM
We'll need to get some songs penned i reckon - the chants of 'Petrie Petrie Get to ****' however direct means we'll be going against what PK said earlier about this not being personal, but business..

A few renditions of 'We Are Hibernian FC' and the Hibees bounce on Rod's bonnet are acceptable (I get Rod won't be there so the nearest Jag:wink:)

:grr: That's me oot!!!!:greengrin

TomTheHibbyBev
30-05-2014, 04:46 PM

#petrieout

NAE NOOKIE
30-05-2014, 05:28 PM

Oh FFS ................... Having a protest against something you don't agree with is anarchy is it ............ geeze pace !!!

The point at which it should be up to the fans to come up with plans to take the club forward because the current incumbents have ****ed it up is when we either own the club or at least are represented on the board.

The vast majority of fans want two things to happen ....... The man we blame for the current shambles to remove himself from anything to do with the club and the owner who has stuck by him for far too long to break his self imposed silence, even if that's to call us ungrateful bastrtds and tell us he wishes he had a thousand Rod Petries.

Actually mate .................. I will give you a head start if you think you can come up with a fans plan. What about an owner or at least chairman who, if not a Hibs fan, is at least a fitba fan and can understand the emotion of the game ... Not someone who thinks balancing the books at the expense of the team and getting top dollar for our best talent is the be all and end all of a successful fitba club.

Ronniekirk
30-05-2014, 05:36 PM
Are there going to be keynote speakers, placards, bake stalls, kids bouncy castles etc? If not what happens when we all get t... stand around and boo ?
The Proclaimers can put on a wee sing along with their guitar and tambourine May e even Russell up a wee protest song :thumbsup:

truehibernian
30-05-2014, 05:36 PM
Why do the fans group need to provide a detailed vision for the future?

We still have a fully working board without Rod, the whole house of cards won't come tumbling down wihout him. Another board member can take on the role of non exec chairperson if it will be as hands off as Rod claims.

It's my opinion that Rod is now such a toxic presence that the only way to start engaging the fan base again is to remove him from the equation.

Firstly PB, full of admiration for you and others grasping the nettle - I do think there has been a little haste but I do commend action.

I do think we, as fans united, need to gather our thoughts and collectively have a vision for the club and the Academy - Rod's influence has been at the club for a number of years and certain methods and ideals will be entrenched.

Accountability needs established - not micro management, but staff and players need to know that there will be scrutiny if standards drop and methods are seen to not work.

I think we all underestimate the passion and drive we all have - and the innovation - something Hibernian, to me, was always known for. Hence I want more fan participation in the way the club is run.

Nakedmanoncrack
30-05-2014, 07:54 PM
I will be there.

147lothian
30-05-2014, 08:08 PM
I'll be there because I want what's best for Hibs, if petrie wanted what's best for Hibs he would resign, it seems like he wanted to meet a fan's group so that he could put his spin on thing's and carry on as normal, and give the appearance that he is listening, im not fooled by this i'll go there so that the message gets heard, well done to whoever organized this, Petrie Out!

Www1875hfc
30-05-2014, 08:32 PM
I'll be there with 200 of these to hand out.

Dublin07
30-05-2014, 09:01 PM
Support this 100% and would have been there with my boys. Unfortunately I am in hospital on Saturday for tests but I will support any other action.

down-the-slope
30-05-2014, 09:17 PM
People do know that Rod won't be there on 7th :rolleyes: so who do the organisers expect to be there to 'receive' protest?

PatHead
30-05-2014, 09:24 PM
People do know that Rod won't be there on 7th :rolleyes: so who do the organisers expect to be there to 'receive' protest?

The press, as long as it doesn't turn out like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL9B6B3704490F96A0&v=gT9xuXQjxMM

Gustavo Fring
30-05-2014, 09:26 PM

presumably some media outlet such as STV news

whoever is receiving it i will be there too

PETRIE OUT

Dublin07
30-05-2014, 09:28 PM

Leanne Dempster will be there and the media. She will be able to see first hand the level of support against her new boss.

edwards
30-05-2014, 09:33 PM
Totaly behind this an will hopefully be there outside the gorund might not be big enough for the crowd that will turn up, inside would be better but there is about as much chance of Petrie letting the fans use the ground as there was of him dishin out that money for Griffiths. [ Leigh if your doing nothing next saturday get yourself along to ER]
No toilet facilities which could mean supporters using the walls of Norton Park business centre. If your lookin in Leeanne this might be a good time to bond with the fans and let us inside the ground. Any fans going will have to use caution especially our younger fans and not cause trouble plenty singing and banners. What would happen if 5k turned up outside the ground.

PETRIE MUST GO [ Get rid of the smiling assassin]

Baldy Foghorn
30-05-2014, 09:33 PM
Snap for me too.

Hope we don't get greeted with shouts of "scab", when we enter meeting:greengrin

edwards
30-05-2014, 09:44 PM
I'll be there with 200 of these to hand out.

200 You need to do a night shift on the photo copier lots more needed

hibswillie
30-05-2014, 09:50 PM
Is it 11am now? If so can the title be changed

WestStandMoaner
30-05-2014, 09:56 PM

Yes really, the problem is mate Petrie does not want a dialogue with the fans, the LWT have tried to get him to go to meetings without success, the man deserves everything which is coming his way. I will be here and I hope thousands turn up. Petrie Out

the pie eater
30-05-2014, 10:11 PM

I'll be there. Train tckts booked. Shld be in edinb 4 just after 10.

oconnors_strip
30-05-2014, 10:23 PM
Hope we don't get greeted with shouts of "scab", when we enter meeting:greengrin

im wearing a disguise so no one recognises me when entering the building for the meeting :greengrin

PatHead
30-05-2014, 10:28 PM
im wearing a disguise so no one recognises me when entering the building for the meeting :greengrin

Wear a large overcoat and a false mustache. It would take the pressure off the rest of us.

theonlywayisup
30-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Is BTG going to be open, before and after the demo?

SouthamptonHibs
30-05-2014, 10:31 PM
Won't be there but good luck. Location is the problem for me as I'm South England.

gorgie greens
30-05-2014, 11:06 PM
Won't be there but good luck. Location is the problem for me as I'm South England.

same here but thoughts are never away from Hibs anytime but its like toothache the now,watched kano and Charlie and thoght they came across well and got my backing 100%

nickwhibs
30-05-2014, 11:27 PM
Will be there. Petrie and Butcher out!

NOLA
31-05-2014, 01:57 AM
im in for attending, 1 question though, petrie has a stake in Hibs unless hes bought out he's not going anywhere, have i understood that wrong?

TrinityHibs
31-05-2014, 10:32 AM
While I understand the frustrations exactly what is meant by Petrie out. Does he not have a 10% shareholding in Hibs so is someone buying his shares? If not then he has a direct interest in the running of the club so will still be influencing things. If its just off the Board then that achieves nothing as I am sure Vlad didn't sit on the Hertz board but there was no doubt he influenced things. What are we looking to achieve?

Lmc2105
31-05-2014, 10:33 AM
Snap

Me to :duck:

Ringothedog
31-05-2014, 10:39 AM
Is BTG going to be open, before and after the demo?

ehhh...........naw!!

puff the dragon
31-05-2014, 10:39 AM
While I understand the frustrations exactly what is meant by Petrie out. Does he not have a 10% shareholding in Hibs so is someone buying his shares? If not then he has a direct interest in the running of the club so will still be influencing things. If its just off the Board then that achieves nothing as I am sure Vlad didn't sit on the Hertz board but there was no doubt he influenced things. What are we looking to achieve?

i want all ties cut.

The good stuff he did has now been so overshadowed by the bad stuff that his tenure is an utter failure.

he should name his price for his shares.

Ringothedog
31-05-2014, 10:41 AM

Good question which I am sure someone a lot better and more knowledgeable than me will be able to answer

PatHead
02-06-2014, 02:00 PM
Just had an email from a friend rallying the troops for Saturday. Looks like it could be a good turnout though I do expect Rod to try and placate us with a good news story on Thursday.

greenpaper55
02-06-2014, 02:10 PM
If we were assured that Rod was stepping aside do you think the protest should go ahead ?.

Lester B
02-06-2014, 02:13 PM
If we were assured that Rod was stepping aside do you think the protest should go ahead ?.

No. But that seems as likely as Steve Fulton replacing George Clooney in his next film role frankly

southsider
02-06-2014, 02:17 PM
Just had an email from a friend rallying the troops for Saturday. Looks like it could be a good turnout though I do expect Rod to try and placate us with a good news story on Thursday.
Like Butcher/Malpass out, Murray in ?

The Harp
02-06-2014, 02:24 PM
To be honest, I'm not sure of the advisability of this protest. However, if it goes ahead (which looks likely), and doesn't attract a good turn out, it'll look as though the fans aren't too bothered. So for that reason, I'll be there.

Onion
02-06-2014, 02:39 PM

I'm on holiday and can't be there, so will email Hibs just to let them know that my non-presence should not be taken as a vote of confidence in Petrie or Butcher. They are so slippery that if 2000 turn up to protest they will simple dismiss it as a noisy minority and that the other 8-10 thousand regulars are satisfied with their management.

Gingertosser
02-06-2014, 03:20 PM
Will anyone from the Club actually be working that day ?
I would imagine the stadium will be locked up with no one there.
And won't they also have the gates locked ?

bighairyfaeleith
02-06-2014, 03:22 PM

Dempster will be there, doubt many others will though

Saorsa
02-06-2014, 03:34 PM
Just had an email from a friend rallying the troops for Saturday. Looks like it could be a good turnout though I do expect Rod to try and placate us with a good news story on Thursday.He's leaving is the only story I want tae hear, I'll still be there with the lads I went tae the games with.

Brizo
02-06-2014, 04:23 PM

That's a very good point. If petrieout is to be fully achieved and his influence gone, someone needs to buy his shares.

Im waiting to hear the format for Saturday before deciding whether to attend. A lot of comparisons are being made with HOH in respect of this campaign. The HOH events were well organised rallies. If Saturdays a rally with a number of guest speakers ill pitch up. If its a demonstration with x amount of folk milling about and chanting "PetriePetrieGTF" for an hour count me out. The Gang/Group of 4 need to be very careful it doesn't degenerate into the latter.

Pretty Boy
02-06-2014, 04:24 PM

There's a meeting between supporters 'reps' and Leeann Dempster on Saturday.

down-the-slope
02-06-2014, 04:53 PM

Your disguise will save the day though...:agree:

02-06-2014, 06:09 PM
how many roughly are expected to attend?

Scouse Hibee
02-06-2014, 06:19 PM
I'm not sure about this, not really my scene to attend such gatherings. I'll think about it but probably wont go.

.Sean.
02-06-2014, 06:22 PM
I'll be there.

Tyler Durden
02-06-2014, 06:35 PM

A 10% stake doesn't give him much influence at all. Not remotely comparable to Vlad.

I've no issue with Petrie keeping shares, he simply has to be removed from the board. There is no reason for him remaining other than his own self interest.

Ginger Gehagan
02-06-2014, 06:51 PM
I'll be there, try and get a few others to attend.

Sammy7nil
02-06-2014, 06:58 PM
how many roughly are expected to attend?

I heard SEVEN or EIGHT but it could be more or less than those numbers.

timewilltell
02-06-2014, 07:18 PM

300 Max.....

MurrayfieldHibs
02-06-2014, 08:00 PM
I will be there and everyone who wants to influence change should turn up too. It's about time that Hibernian Football Club starts to focus on football again :flag:

GET PETRIE OUT

02-06-2014, 08:09 PM
Unfortuntatly something has come up for me at work which means I am no long able to attend (originally thought I was getting my shift changed). Gutted as I really wanted to go. I strongly urge any hibee that can to get yourself along - the bigger the crowd the ore chance we have of getting through to them and show them how strongly the feelings are within the hibs support. It'll be far easier for Petrie to patronise and shug us off like a bunch of silly little school kids moaning in the playground if the numbers aren't decent.

Normally i'm not one to really agree for this type of action but I completly agree that us hibs fans have every right to do this. We have sufferd for far to long. They told us years ago to "stand up and be counted" - well now we are!

bighairyfaeleith
02-06-2014, 08:11 PM

With a prediction like that you will probably be right

lord bunberry
02-06-2014, 08:12 PM
I'm going, I don't normally go to protests but this is important.

sambajustice
02-06-2014, 08:38 PM
I find the whole #PetrieOut thing incredibly cringeworthy

Saorsa
02-06-2014, 08:45 PM
I find the whole #PetrieOut thing incredibly cringeworthybully for you :aok: #petrieout

greenpaper55
02-06-2014, 08:58 PM

I find the whole relegation thing incredibly cringeworthy.

bighairyfaeleith
02-06-2014, 08:59 PM

Don't dare criticise!!

Waxy
02-06-2014, 09:09 PM
Let me guess. You like downward spirals so much that you never want it to stop?

greenpaper55
02-06-2014, 09:12 PM

For those that would like Rod to remain may i suggest you have a rally in support of him.

bighairyfaeleith
02-06-2014, 09:14 PM
For those that would like Rod to remain may i suggest you have a rally in support of him.

What about those who oppose the methods as opposed to the end goal?

Libby Hibby
02-06-2014, 09:14 PM
Toot toot Petrie oot!!!

I'll be there with my boy.

ionahibby
02-06-2014, 09:15 PM

:agree: Add embarrassing to that as well

Bishop Hibee
02-06-2014, 09:15 PM

I find the use of the word cringeworthy cringeworthy #petrieout

Saorsa
02-06-2014, 09:18 PM
What about those who oppose the methods as opposed to the end goal?

Sent from my C2105 using TapatalkWhat's your method then? Lets hear it.

Personally I will support anything that fascilitates the removal of that ****er from running my club any further in tae the ground.

Saorsa
02-06-2014, 09:19 PM
:agree: Add embarrassing to that as wellno nearly as embarrassing as getting relegated by hamilton.

Baldy Foghorn
02-06-2014, 09:21 PM

Embarrassing being the worst team in the Premier, even the yams gathered more points than us......

Saorsa
02-06-2014, 09:22 PM
Embarrassing being the worst team in the Premier, even the yams gathered more points than us......now that's embarrassing

Libby Hibby
02-06-2014, 09:22 PM
Personally, I think you either want him out or you have no opinion either way.

Those who want Petrie to stay and actively say so have no grounds to support their claim and anybody that does is off a non Hibs persuasion.

He has ruined the club I love, we are rotten to the core and he is the only consistent.

Toot toot Petrie oot

bighairyfaeleith
02-06-2014, 09:25 PM
What's your method then? Lets hear it.

Personally I will support anything that fascilitates the removal of that ****er from running my club any further in tae the ground.

Personally I would have preferred to have seen the rep's have a discussion with dempster and STF and calmly explained the fans point of view.

If that failed then maybe it would be time to protest.

Not sure we should ever be putting wanted signs up however.

However I am not convinced that the reasons given by the four for this protest are genuine.

ionahibby
02-06-2014, 09:30 PM
Personally I would have preferred to have seen the rep's have a discussion with dempster and STF and calmly explained the fans point of view.

However I am not convinced that the reasons given by the four for this protest are genuine.

The stage 2/3 plans and the big secrecy from Kane is very suspicious in my eyes. I don't trust the 4 at all.

Baldy Foghorn
02-06-2014, 09:32 PM

The posters were done by a guy not involved with negotiations, independently himself.....

Baldy Foghorn
02-06-2014, 09:33 PM
The stage 2/3 plans and the big secrecy from Kane is very suspicious in my eyes. I don't trust the 4 at all.

There has been big secrecy from Hibs for Years, 5 year plan anyone?:rolleyes:

Hibrandenburg
02-06-2014, 09:38 PM
There has been big secrecy from Hibs for Years, 5 year plan anyone?:rolleyes:

Every company has a 5 year plan. It normally has information that could benefit competitors and all companies tend to keep it close to their chests. It's normal.

Jack
02-06-2014, 09:40 PM

I think your reasons, given previously, for not being convinced aren't very convincing to be honest!

The fab 4 are calling for the head of Rod nothing more nothing less. Any action they take beyond that will be with the backing of the fans, their own words - and mind they've only got this far with a majority of the support behind them.

By any footballing measure Rod has failed. We desperately need a football focus going forward. I have no confidence Rod is the best person to lead us.

That's how I feel.

Anything else is up for grabs.

I'm sure I'm not alone with these thoughts.

Baldy Foghorn
02-06-2014, 09:59 PM
Every company has a 5 year plan. It normally has information that could benefit competitors and all companies tend to keep it close to their chests. It's normal.

The point being made, was that I don't think there was any such plan in place.......Bungling from season to season......

Hibrandenburg
02-06-2014, 10:07 PM
The point being made, was that I don't think there was any such plan in place.......Bungling from season to season......

Do you seriously think that our board have been "cuffing it" all this time?

Football is probably one of the most unpredictable businesses to be in and any plan would have to be dynamic to adapt to constant changes in the parameters.

RIP
02-06-2014, 10:09 PM
Am I the only one on here to be fed up with the sudden personalisation of the Petrie Out campaign.

All of a sudden we are hearing about the 'gang of four' and character assassination. All for responding to the calls from their fellow supporters to do something to stop the slide in our fortunes.

It's high time some of our supporters showed leadership. This is a commodity our club has been hopelessly short of during the past decade.

147lothian
02-06-2014, 10:13 PM

I find the 5 year plan cringeworthy, I found the selling of the golden generation cringewothy I have also found the past seven years particularly cringeworthy to watch, but what I find most cringeworthy of all is way that supporters of the status quo, can't put forward one positive argument for petrie staying so they use hacked old cliques and negative tactics and try to make out that's making a stand when it isn't, its all very cringeworthy

WHUHibs
02-06-2014, 10:14 PM
I find the whole relegation thing incredibly cringeworthy.

:top marks

Baldy Foghorn
02-06-2014, 10:16 PM

Football is probably one of the most unpredictable businesses to be in and any plan would have to be dynamic to adapt to constant changes in the parameters.

We have the least dynamic Board going......4 seasons in bottom six, re-active as opposed to pro-active.....It is the short sightedness of said Board, that has us in the scenario

And yes I believe our Board have been "cuffing it"

silverhibee
02-06-2014, 10:17 PM
now that's embarrassing

Very

WHUHibs
02-06-2014, 10:20 PM

Eh no it's not! This business turns over under 10 million so what could be secretive? It's not as though it's a business with patented technology! What happened to income streams, vision, youth policy etc, they could all be in a plan!

Utter nonsense,!! Our business turns over 300 million plus and we laid out our plan ,,based on four pillars , aims, objectives, company direction! This gives our customers confidence of our commitment to the market.

To say it can't be shared is a cop out!

My feelings are there was no such plan and it was an off the cuff comment!

Petrie out!

Baldy Foghorn
02-06-2014, 10:21 PM
Am I the only one on here to be fed up with the sudden personalisation of the Petrie Out campaign.

All of a sudden we are hearing about the 'gang of four' and character assassination. All for responding to the calls from their fellow supporters to do something to stop the slide in our fortunes.

It's high time some of our supporters showed leadership. This is a commodity our club has been hopelessly short of during the past decade.

Fan's fault?:confused:

greenpaper55
02-06-2014, 10:26 PM
There is obviously a huge groundswell of opinion for Petrie to go and even if he clings to power how will he be able to show his face at ER in future ?, i think there will be banners out for him at every home game to say the least and he might sit in his house on a Saturday rather than face the abuse.

Hibrandenburg
02-06-2014, 10:30 PM
Eh no it's not! This business turns over under 10 million so what could be secretive? It's not as though it's a business with patented technology! What happened to income streams, vision, youth policy etc, they could all be in a plan!

Utter nonsense,!! Our business turns over 300 million plus and we laid out our plan ,,based on four pillars , aims, objectives, company direction! This gives our customers confidence of our commitment to the market.

To say it can't be shared is a cop out!

My feelings are there was no such plan and it was an off the cuff comment!

Petrie out!

The company I work for made 380 million profit. We too have our pillars upon which we build our relationship to customers and partners and guide employees about how we want to be perceived/image. However it had naff all to do with the 5 year business plan.

147lothian
02-06-2014, 10:35 PM
It's been a long time coming but petrie was never the right appointment for a football club chairman, he has such a negative public image that his presence in any shape or form hiders the club, he has to go, the campaign is going to stay until he has no more influence and is removed completely

timewilltell
02-06-2014, 10:47 PM
It's been a long time coming but petrie was never the right appointment for a football club chairman, he has such a negative public image that his presence in any shape or form hiders the club, he has to go, the campaign is going to stay until he has no more influence and is removed completely

Trust me, Petrie is going nowhere and will remain at the club. I heard Paul Kane's interview for the first time today and have to say if that's anything to go by this demonstration is ill thought, pointless, cringeworthy and embarrassing!!

Other than Petrie out, I've yet to hear a plan.

Be loads of wee laddies singing GTF........ Class!

Lester B
02-06-2014, 10:55 PM

Couldn't agree more.

The stuff about finding Petrie Out cringeworthy. Oh I'm not sure about those posters. Oh that guy has an agenda. We need to know stages 2 and 3 otherwise...

Do you know your history? Do you think that in 1892 those who reconstituted Hibs all agreed with each other completely? Or did they work for the common good?

Don't like the rally idea? Fine. Don't go on Saturday.

Not comfortable about people wanting Petrie out or indeed about Petrie going at all? Fine. Don't rock the boat. It's your right and prerogative to not try to seek to influence matters and to whine on a message board about others who do want things to change.

The Green Goblin
02-06-2014, 10:57 PM
Trust me, Petrie is going nowhere and will remain at the club. I heard Paul Kane's interview for the first time today and have to say if that's anything to go by this demonstration is ill thought, pointless, cringeworthy and embarrassing!!

Plenty of attacking other peoples` ideas from you on here (in fact, that`s all you seem to have done since you appeared on here a few weeks ago :hmmm:) - ridicule the fans who are unhappy and contemptuously dismiss criticisms of Petrie. Nice one! :greengrin

What`s your plan to reverse the downward spiral Hibs have been in for the last few years? Or do you think that relegation was an accident and that we`re actually going in the right direction?

Jonnyboy
02-06-2014, 10:57 PM

:rolleyes:

Lester B
02-06-2014, 11:01 PM

So what do we do then? Do you find it hard to type with your fingers crossed?

29 posts of apologist nonsense and counting. You have yet to say anything constructive, intelligent or worthwhile and have yet to be convinced you're not a plant.

No one is saying that the interview was exemplary. Does that blow the whole idea of change out of the water?? What's your plan? To continue living like pubic lice in another man's facial hair???

timewilltell
02-06-2014, 11:09 PM
Plenty of attacking other peoples` ideas from you on here (in fact, that`s all you seem to have done since you appeared on here a few weeks ago :hmmm:) - ridicule the fans who are unhappy and contemptuously dismiss criticisms of Petrie. Nice one! :greengrin

What`s your plan to reverse the downward spiral Hibs have been in for the last few years? Or do you think that relegation was an accident and that we`re actually going in the right direction?

My plan?

Simple really and it's already started.

Massive clear out of the squad (process underway)
New CEO appointment (done)
Rod to move over to non- exec director (done)
Terry Butcher to build a new squad for the new season.

My criticism is that I genuinely believe that this is what we need to get behind and that the demonstration is an unnecessary distraction that's all.

i believe that those who demonstrate are well intended but misguided. That's my view.

PatHead
02-06-2014, 11:10 PM
Will "Section 43" and the drummer be there. This is a time for uniting. Cmon make a noise on Saturday. Drummer and all

Any chance of a Sunshine on Leith?

FranckSuzy
02-06-2014, 11:11 PM

Trust me, you're going nowhere and should not remain on this forum. I have read all of your posts today and I have to say that if they're anything to go by, your presence on here is ill thought, pointless, cringeworthy and embarrassing!! < double '!!' like yours

FranckSuzy
02-06-2014, 11:13 PM

Have to say, I find most of your posts embarrassing...

timewilltell
02-06-2014, 11:14 PM
Trust me, you're going nowhere and should not remain on this forum. I have read all of your posts today and I have to say that if they're anything to go by, your presence on here is ill thought, pointless, cringeworthy and embarrassing!! < double '!!' like yours

No doubt you'll be at the demo.

Let me me know how it goes..............

PatHead
02-06-2014, 11:15 PM
The company I work for made 380 million profit. We too have our pillars upon which we build our relationship to customers and partners and guide employees about how we want to be perceived/image. However it had naff all to do with the 5 year business plan.

You are lucky to live in Berlin and not to have to put up with this ***** on a daily basis. All Hibs supporters deserve better. Sick of folk laughing at us

FranckSuzy
02-06-2014, 11:16 PM

Sudden? Personalisation? It has only been about Petrie since day one and how can it NOT be personal when it's about one, specific person? :confused:

Mike Reilly, Paul Kane, Simon Pia and Kenny McLean Jnr are all Hibbies so are they not showing 'leadership'?

Lester B
02-06-2014, 11:17 PM
My plan?

My criticism is that I genuinely believe that this is what we need to get behind and that the demonstration is an unnecessary distraction that's all.

i believe that those who demonstrate are well intended but misguided. That's my view.

I negotiate for a living, well it's one of the things I do. You know what a tell is? It's a phrase or a visual sign that someone is lying. Classic verbal/written examples are 'I genuinely believe', 'To be absolutely honest' and excessive word of the word 'honestly'. Aha time will tell tells:agree:

And I think you mean well intentioned, clumsy a construction as that is, as 'well intended' means nothing.

30 posts of apologist tripe now with added patronising guff. What will number 31 be?

Edit: my apologies. You sneaked in more keech when I was typing. Now what will 32 be?

FranckSuzy
No doubt you'll be at the demo.

Let me me know how it goes..............

Wrong, again. I will be in the meeting with Leeann Dempster :aok:

The_Horde
I'll be there.

Not entirely sure what it's going to achieve though besides hopefully more media coverage l.

Ken
Some people on this messageboard are so negative and are always trying to pick faults in everything, no matter how positive or negative it is. Definitely glass half full individuals.

Why does Kano and co need to have a full proof plan or publicise their subsequent plans to back up their Petrie Out campaign? Petrie has said he won't have any day to day dealings at the club and won't have an executive involvement so there should be no reason for him to stay. Fair enough he has a 10% share but I'd hope a fan's share issue could buy out this share and also some of farmers shares in the near future if the club can be realistically valued.

Leeann Dempster does not need Petrie at the club and although she might say him being there will help her settle into the club, I would bet that if he left tomorrow it would not make it any harder for her to put her plans in place.

Scouse Hibee
02-06-2014, 11:19 PM
Sad to see the division of some fans on here, as .net represents only a small percentage of Hibs fans I wonder what the real figures are with regard to support for this action.

PatHead
02-06-2014, 11:21 PM
Some people on this messageboard are so negative and are always trying to pick faults in everything, no matter how positive or negative it is. Definitely glass half full individuals.

Why does Kano and co need to have a full proof plan or publicise their subsequent plans to back up their Petrie Out campaign? Petrie has said he won't have any day to day dealings at the club and won't have an executive involvement so there should be no reason for him to stay. Fair enough he has a 10% share but I'd hope a fan's share issue could buy out this share and also some of farmers shares in the near future if the club can be realistically valued.

Leeann Dempster does not need Petrie at the club and although she might say him being there will help her settle into the club, I would bet that if he left tomorrow it would not make it any harder for her to put her plans in place.

Think it would be easier rather than "any harder"

147lothian

Never trust an Ostrich!

You will be harping on the sidelines when petrie goes.

Ronniekirk
Well said Suzy Am just back from the Eagles concert at the Hydro in Glasgow am sure they dedicated a song to poster you are replying to It was called Desperado .with the line Why don't you come to your senses .:wink:

Ken
02-06-2014, 11:26 PM
Think it would be easier rather than "any harder"

True :)

Lester B
02-06-2014, 11:28 PM
Wrong, again. I will be in the meeting with Leeann Dempster :aok:

:hibees

Superb riposte. Just. Totally. Superb.

FranckSuzy
02-06-2014, 11:29 PM
:hibees

Superb riposte. Just. Totally. Superb.

:wink:

Lester B
02-06-2014, 11:30 PM
Well said Suzy Am just back from the Eagles concert at the Hydro in Glasgow am sure they dedicated a song to poster you are replying to It was called Desperado .with the line Why don't you come to your senses .:wink:

Ah unity. I hate the Eagles but that is a good call!!!

FranckSuzy
02-06-2014, 11:30 PM

My cousin was there on Sat and said they were better than not-so-subtle wind up attempts :wink:

Saorsa
03-06-2014, 12:07 AM

Football is probably one of the most unpredictable businesses to be in and any plan would have to be dynamic to adapt to constant changes in the parameters.Well if this situation has arisen from any kind of a plan that makes it even worse and shows how clueless they really are, they'd have been better cuffing it. Either way they have failed miserably and the person in charge is responsible for that and needs tae go. Dynamic! petrie, this board? good yin :faf: all this board/petrie have ever done is react tae their **** ups usually by making another **** up, one ****in' disaster efter another for years.

Cameron1875
03-06-2014, 01:39 AM
Not read the previous 7 pages so apologies guys if these ideas for chants have been mentioned.

"You're nothing without us, nothing without us, Hibernian Football club, is nothing without us"

"We'll support the team evermore, get to f*** the f*****g board!
Cmon Hibernian, f*** off the chairman
We'll support the team evermore, we'll support the team evermore"

Its late so might be rubbish but thought i'd give my tuppence worth. The team could be changed to Hibs for the second chant maybe?

The Green Goblin
03-06-2014, 02:06 AM
My plan?

Thanks for the reply. All the stuff you mention is well and good, but what is missing from it, for me anyway, is an honest look at how we got to this situation in the first place. These changes have come too late. The club has been relegated. We are in a huge mess. Supporters are angry and heartbroken. Those problems won't just vanish if we simply pretend they never happened, or think that a few changes here and there makes everything hunky dory again.

Deansy
03-06-2014, 02:31 AM

Why - They're not on the board so have no power to effect any changes to the club ?. Plus, any plans they have won't be that different to what we all want - a far-improved team. The 'secrecy' you should be concerned about is these 'Massive Changes' RP alludes to - AFAIK, we're still waiting for details of the '5 year plan' to be de-classified !

bighairyfaeleith
03-06-2014, 04:10 AM
I think your reasons, given previously, for not being convinced aren't very convincing to be honest!

The fab 4 are calling for the head of Rod nothing more nothing less. Any action they take beyond that will be with the backing of the fans, their own words - and mind they've only got this far with a majority of the support behind them.

By any footballing measure Rod has failed. We desperately need a football focus going forward. I have no confidence Rod is the best person to lead us.

That's how I feel.

Anything else is up for grabs.

I'm sure I'm not alone with these thoughts.

Not really bothered if you are convinced by my reasons to be honest, they convince me and that's enough for me.

I disagree that the fab 4, your words :), want nothing more than rod to be removed. They clearly are not telling all about what they want.

Looking at this and other threads there are a number of fans that support petrie leaving but are worried about the course of action being taken, worried about what the consequences of this action will be, I hope we are worrying about nothing and the protest will have the desired effect. But I'm not convinced.

Saorsa
03-06-2014, 06:44 AM
:agree: Add embarrassing to that as wellEmbarrassing is the decline of this club, embarrassing is that there are still supporters of this club who support and continue tae support the position and presence of the man who has turned this club in tae and continues tae make it the laughing stock of Scottish fitba while using it for his ain ends. Congratulations though tae you and others for your steadfast and continuing support of the man who has overseen this club being relegated twice in 16/17 years remaining, as many times as it has been in Its other 123 years, well done. Well run club, good job, good show. :aok:

timewilltell
03-06-2014, 07:03 AM
Thanks for the reply. All the stuff you mention is well and good, but what is missing from it, for me anyway, is an honest look at how we got to this situation in the first place. These changes have come too late. The club has been relegated. We are in a huge mess. Supporters are angry and heartbroken. Those problems won't just vanish if we simply pretend they never happened, or think that a few changes here and there makes everything hunky dory again.

Thanks for for your reply and fair point.

I guess it will be an interesting week, Leanne will be settled in, the talks with the '4' and the supporters groups will have taken place and hopefully there will be news about Butcher.

next 7 days could define our season.

Gustavo Fring
03-06-2014, 07:08 AM
Embarrassing is the decline of this club, embarrassing is that there are still supporters of this club who support and continue tae support the position and presence of the man who has turned this club in tae and continues tae make it the laughing stock of Scottish fitba while using it for his ain ends. Congratulations though tae you and others for your steadfast and continuing support of the man who has overseen this club being relegated twice in 16/17 years remaining, as many times as it has been in Its other 123 years, well done. Well run club, good job, good show. :aok:

hard to argue with any of that

pity theres some hibbies out there that still canny see the woods for all them trees

Hibrandenburg
03-06-2014, 07:08 AM
Well if this situation has arisen from any kind of a plan that makes it even worse and shows how clueless they really are, they'd have been better cuffing it. Either way they have failed miserably and the person in charge is responsible for that and needs tae go. Dynamic! petrie, this board? good yin :faf: all this board/petrie have ever done is react tae their **** ups usually by making another **** up, one ****in' disaster efter another for years.

My post mentioning a five year business plan was merely a response to someone who said there is no plan, I never claimed it was a good one I just say there would have been one. But keep up the post chucking out time rants, you're helping no ends make my mind up about what sort of demo to expect.

Hibrandenburg
03-06-2014, 07:18 AM
Not really bothered if you are convinced by my reasons to be honest, they convince me and that's enough for me.

I disagree that the fab 4, your words :), want nothing more than rod to be removed. They clearly are not telling all about what they want.

Looking at this and other threads there are a number of fans that support petrie leaving but are worried about the course of action being taken, worried about what the consequences of this action will be, I hope we are worrying about nothing and the protest will have the desired effect. But I'm not convinced.

Petrie has to go. I think pretty much everyone agrees on that. I'm just not convinced that an angry mob led by a small group who refuse to be open about their intentions is the right way to go about this.

chippy
03-06-2014, 07:39 AM
I totally support stage 1 to remove Petrie. Many thanks to
the 4 leaders. I agree with Kano that Petrie's influence and control has to be stopped. What happens after stages 2 and 3? Well that is up to us as a fan base such that kenny, mike, Kano and simon require the fans support to re build our club ethos and spirit. I suspect that Petrie out is also a euphemism for STF out too. That this is not said explicitly is out of respect to him and his family at this time for them and I commend Kano et al for that. But the Hibs have to be rescued again and it is up to us to do it. I have thought for some 20 years that the ownership is the biggest obstacle but even I did not anticipate the humbling of our great club in derby games, We have got to have Hibs people running our club. I personally am in favour of fan ownership partial or full. I would be delighted to pay £500 or £1000 as a membership one off fee to help own Hibs along with say 5000 others( a minimum we would get if done correctly). A circa £100 annual fee would aid annual budgets by some £500k. What is not to like about that?We elect a President with a 3 year term of office. He /she will select a board and they hire the CEO.
I believe the reluctance to say what stages 2 and 3 are are clearly negotiating tactics . Petrie clearly wants a pay off but should we give him a penny? Not me. If Kano et al are a front for an investor - let's look at that once Petrie and STF are gone. Let's have confidence that we have a massive fan base with a strong core support of around 8000. We can do this. If the 4 pull this off I might just possibly might go easier on simon and his support for BT- thanks mate you are a great Hibby with integrity on the ownership issues at ER.

Golden Bear
03-06-2014, 07:45 AM

Petrie has to go. I think pretty much everyone agrees on that. I'm just not convinced that an angry mob led by a small group who refuse to be open about their intentions is the right way to go about this.

That's exactly where I stand right now.

Saorsa
03-06-2014, 07:47 AM
My post mentioning a five year business plan was merely a response to someone who said there is no plan, I never claimed it was a good one I just say there would have been one. But keep up the post chucking out time rants, you're helping no ends make my mind up about what sort of demo to expect.And I never said you did say it was a good one? I merely responded tae the fact that you said there was a plan. I said if they did and where we are is a result of it, it shows just how ****in' clueless they are (and they'd have been better cuffing it) and it's all the mair imperative that the person responsible for overseeing this mess is removed completely and immediately. If the new person coming in needs any kind of help overseeing the 'far reaching changes' (that have already been decided by folk here before she was) from the person who has overseen the creation of this ****in' mess, then we're in trouble. There's absolutely nae reason why Dempster cannae communicate with Farmer without him in the middle, there's nae reason for him tae be here other than his ain self interest, the longer he is, the bigger the divide becomes. I intend tae support fully any campaign tae see him removed and speaking personally I'll no put another penny in tae Hibs while he remains because I've already seen thousands of pounds of my money squandered and have had a gutful of him.

sambajustice
03-06-2014, 07:53 AM

Basically what I think!

Of course Petrie has to be held accountable, he (and Farmer) is the one constant in all of this over the last 7 years. Players, Managers, staff all come and gone but he is still there, something is rotten in the club and he's at the centre of it.

However, this whole thing seems really disjointed and random! Who is leading the fans really? The entire plan seems to be "BURN THE WITCH" and not much else. I'm fully expecting folk to turn up at Easter Road with torches and pitchforks on Saturday with Paul Kane at the front!! Something like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8S9Z5ANuT4

Paul Kane doesn't exactly strike me as being the best "leader" in all of this, he along with quite a few others just seem to want a bit of attention.

Surely there's something more constructive that can be done rather than getting a hate mob down easter road to scram a few obscenities at the walls!

The ultimate goal is correct, the method in which people are trying to achieve it is not, in my opinion anyway.

Gustavo Fring
03-06-2014, 08:26 AM
all hibbies should be at easter road on saturday whether you support the group of 4 or not , we all support hibernian and its up to us all to show the snipers in the media , the board , 'the 4' , tom farmer and leanne dempster we are the hibees and its our f*kkin club

Waxy
03-06-2014, 08:28 AM
Anyone who doesn't like the protest should get down on saturday and protest against the protesters.

Hibrandenburg
03-06-2014, 08:43 AM
Anyone who doesn't like the protest should get down on saturday and protest against the protesters.

Sounds like yam birthday and Christmas all wrapped up in one!

Hibrandenburg
03-06-2014, 09:18 AM

Sounds like yam birthday and Christmas all wrapped up in one!

borstalboy
03-06-2014, 12:44 PM

So how would you go about it? I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

borstalboy
03-06-2014, 12:50 PM
Basically what I think!

Of course Petrie has to be held accountable, he (and Farmer) is the one constant in all of this over the last 7 years. Players, Managers, staff all come and gone but he is still there, something is rotten in the club and he's at the centre of it.

However, this whole thing seems really disjointed and random! Who is leading the fans really? The entire plan seems to be "BURN THE WITCH" and not much else. I'm fully expecting folk to turn up at Easter Road with torches and pitchforks on Saturday with Paul Kane at the front!! Something like this...

Paul Kane doesn't exactly strike me as being the best "leader" in all of this, he along with quite a few others just seem to want a bit of attention.

Surely there's something more constructive that can be done rather than getting a hate mob down easter road to scram a few obscenities at the walls!

The ultimate goal is correct, the method in which people are trying to achieve it is not, in my opinion anyway.

As I posed the question previously, what would be your idea of a better way?

I genuinely believe that we're restricted to what we can actually do. So the more noise and publicity it makes, can only aid in getting him out IMO.
If people are happy to accept what's happened within his tenure then that's their choice, but what optimisim does that give you that he'll get us out of the mess we're in considering the demise he's overseen.

If we truly want fresh ideas and changes within our club, then the leader who has overseen this has to go!

The Modfather
03-06-2014, 12:58 PM

"A group who refuse to be open about their intentions" sounds like poetic justice if they are the catalyst to oust Mr "unworkable legacies" himself.

flash
03-06-2014, 01:09 PM
This all brings to mind the wonderful phrase used to describe the miners during the 1984 strike.

Lions led by donkeys.

Onion
03-06-2014, 01:12 PM
Basically what I think!

I'm also for getting Petrie Out and share some of your concerns about how this rally is being organised and linked with other activities. The meeting with LD is a good start, but what else do are they planning ? Where's the momentum ? It's 10 days since the Hamilton disaster and we seem to be sitting on our hands waiting for Sat ? The 4 need to have a cohesive PR strategy, keeping this top of mind and in the news. Roll out more celebs to support the group, asking more pertinent questions about the club's future, re-build, next season etc really keeping the pressure up on Petrie and the club.

Petrie & Butcher have gone to ground, when they should be forced to answer key questions and face up to the mess they have put us in.

Baldy Foghorn
03-06-2014, 01:13 PM
This all brings to mind the wonderful phrase used to describe the miners during the 1984 strike.

Lions led by donkeys.

Maybe more akin to the wonderful phrase "Nero fiddled while Rome burned"

Hibrandenburg
03-06-2014, 02:23 PM
So how would you go about it? I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

I'd like the group to step back from the brink and let LD do the job she's been brought in to do. To force her in her first week to either back the owner or the fans can only weaken her hand. There's no way Rod will make any statement to the protesters, it'll be LD that is forced to react to the protest or ignore it which will alienate her from one side or the other before she's even started.

Hibrandenburg
03-06-2014, 02:25 PM
"A group who refuse to be open about their intentions" sounds like poetic justice if they are the catalyst to oust Mr "unworkable legacies" himself.

So this is about justice and not what's best for Hibs?

JustSimplyHibs
03-06-2014, 03:10 PM
all hibbies should be at easter road on saturday whether you support the group of 4 or not , we all support hibernian and its up to us all to show the snipers in the media , the board , 'the 4' , tom farmer and leanne dempster we are the hibees and its our ******in club

This, in a nutshell. :top marks:thumbsup:

marinello59
03-06-2014, 03:14 PM
I'd like the group to step back from the brink and let LD do the job she's been brought in to do. To force her in her first week to either back the owner or the fans can only weaken her hand. There's no way Rod will make any statement to the protesters, it'll be LD that is forced to react to the protest or ignore it which will alienate her from one side or the other before she's even started.

Thank you. I have been trying to put my finger on just why I feel so uncomfortable about this protest when I want Petrie out and you have just summed it up.

JustSimplyHibs
03-06-2014, 03:15 PM

I hope she does speak... Comes out from those West Stand windowed doors, demands the microphone off the G4S guy and makes a public speech to all in attendance.

Lester B
03-06-2014, 03:24 PM
I hope she does speak... Comes out from those West Stand windowed doors, demands the microphone off the G4S guy and makes a public speech to all in attendance.

She won't do that. She's not stupid. To do that would be to inflame every side in this and would serve no purpose. The meeting goes on inside. The protest outside. They are linked but not joined at the hip.

MurrayfieldHibs
03-06-2014, 03:33 PM

Am I the only one concerned that Leann has been recruited by Rod (refer to many posts on his recruitment success rate over recent years), she will have been briefed by Rod on what is wrong with the club, Rod will have set out the framework of what needs to be done and Rod will be in the background pulling the strings if she goes in the "wrong" direction?:hmmm:

MurrayfieldHibs
03-06-2014, 03:37 PM
all hibbies should be at easter road on saturday whether you support the group of 4 or not , we all support hibernian and its up to us all to show the snipers in the media , the board , 'the 4' , tom farmer and leanne dempster we are the hibees and its our f*kkin club

So long as we don't get the 1 Direction fans to organise the protest on Saturday. They are sitting around Roseburn Park having make up parties:confused:

Concerts aren't like they were when I was a lad :na na:

marinello59
03-06-2014, 03:40 PM
Am I the only one concerned that Leann has been recruited by Rod (refer to many posts on his recruitment success rate over recent years), she will have been briefed by Rod on what is wrong with the club, Rod will have set out the framework of what needs to be done and Rod will be in the background pulling the strings if she goes in the "wrong" direction?:hmmm:

All the evidence we have suggests that LD will not let anybody pull her strings.

JustSimplyHibs
03-06-2014, 03:47 PM
She won't do that. She's not stupid. To do that would be to inflame every side in this and would serve no purpose. The meeting goes on inside. The protest outside. They are linked but not joined at the hip.

How and why would it inflame every side?

Surely being the new sheriff in town she would like to come out and say a few words, show us this community spirit we were promised. Tell us she is going to listen to every side and from this plan a route of action, no?

Also, hopefully she comes out and says she will do everything in her power to make sure Hibernian Football Club reinstates its top team status by the end of 2014/15 season. - Which would be greated by a roar of cheers and a sense of optimism going into the new season (something which aint been at this club in a wee while, wee need to ignite this flame).

Not every Hibs fan uses social media or, even read papers but will be there on Saturday... surely good old public speaking would get the message over to them, no?.

I'd like to hear from her and what she's got to say, no fae you, no fae anyone else, except her.

And while Petrie's there and she hides behind closed doors - i will always suspect Petrie is behind everything, regardless of what is down in black and white.

Hibrandenburg
03-06-2014, 03:49 PM
Thank you. I have been trying to put my finger on just why I feel so uncomfortable about this protest when I want Petrie out and you have just summed it up.

You're welcome, I'm just glad that not everyone wants to hang me from a street lamp with a wee sign hanging round my neck saying "I backed Petrie".

frazeHFC
03-06-2014, 03:51 PM
Not read the previous 7 pages so apologies guys if these ideas for chants have been mentioned.

"You're nothing without us, nothing without us, Hibernian Football club, is nothing without us"

"We'll support the team evermore, get to f*** the f*****g board!
Cmon Hibernian, f*** off the chairman
We'll support the team evermore, we'll support the team evermore"

Its late so might be rubbish but thought i'd give my tuppence worth. The team could be changed to Hibs for the second chant maybe?

Pish m8

marinello59
03-06-2014, 03:53 PM
How and why would it inflame every side?

Surely being the new sheriff in town she would like to come out and say a few words, show us this community spirit we were promised. Tell us she is going to listen to every side and from this plan a route of action, no?

Also, hopefully she comes out and says she will do everything in her power to make sure Hibernian Football Club reinstates its top team status by the end of 2014/15 season. - Which would be greated by a roar of cheers and a sense of optimism going into the new season (something which aint been at this club in a wee while, wee need to ignite this flame).

Not every Hibs fan uses social media or, even read papers but will be there on Saturday... surely good old public speaking would get the message over to them, no?.

I'd like to hear from her and what she's got to say, no fae you, no fae anyone else, except her.

And while Petrie's there and she hides behind closed doors - i will always suspect Petrie is behind everything, regardless of what is down in black and white.

This is getting silly now, if she doesn't come out and say a few words to the crowd then she is hiding behind closed doors? Are people deliberately wanting to undermine her before she even has her feet under the table.

Weir7
03-06-2014, 04:09 PM
All the evidence we have suggests that LD will not let anybody pull her strings.

Which is?

Weir7
03-06-2014, 04:12 PM

Intentions are clear #petrieout. No angry mob.

Waxy
03-06-2014, 04:13 PM
This is getting silly now, if she doesn't come out and say a few words to the crowd then she is hiding behind closed doors? Are people deliberately wanting to undermine her before she even has her feet under the table.
Can't see her addressing a big crowd of protesters. Doesn't seem her style,doesn't seem fair and i reckon we shouldn't expect her to.

marinello59
03-06-2014, 04:15 PM
Which is?

Sorry, I ain't gong to start playing that game. Her appointment was generally welcomed as she has proven herself to be a tough no nonsense football administrator. Now anybody suggesting she is no Petrie puppet or mouthpiece faces cross examination. Sad stuff.

Weir7
03-06-2014, 04:17 PM

Group is letting LD get on with job.

Weir7
03-06-2014, 04:20 PM
Sorry, I ain't gong to start playing that game. Her appointment was generally welcomed as she has proven herself to be a tough no nonsense football administrator. Now anybody suggesting she is no Petrie puppet or mouthpiece faces cross examination. Sad stuff.

I thought you brought the point up.

marinello59
Can't see her addressing a big crowd of protesters. Doesn't seem her style,doesn't seem fair and i reckon we shouldn't expect her to.

Exactly.

CB_NO3
Dempster's interview did worry me a little. While she did make things sound upbeat and she stated that she is in charge, she also quoted 'Petrie will be the go between man' between Dempster and Farmer.

Also, who does Petrie get his wage from? Is it Farmers holding company?

Cameron1875
03-06-2014, 04:27 PM
Pish m8

Gustavo Fring
03-06-2014, 04:49 PM
Sad to see the division of some fans on here, as .net represents only a small percentage of Hibs fans I wonder what the real figures are with regard to support for this action.

i think kano hit it on the head that around 95% want him gone . some of the no votes on here and bounce will be yams on the wind up. every hibby iv spoken to in the last few days all said the same thing petrie out . have yet to actually meet a hibs fan in the street that wants him to stay .

Beefster
03-06-2014, 04:52 PM

It doesn't matter how many times you point that out, some folk won't believe it. She was appointed by Rodders so she must be a doormat apparently.

Hibrandenburg
03-06-2014, 04:54 PM

:agree: Unfortunately there are some who will expect her to.

NOLA
03-06-2014, 04:59 PM
i was going on saturday but have since changed my mind, petrie owns a stake in Hibs, theres no way hes stepping away from that unless bought out, a group of fans chanting "petrie out" wont matter a jot to him or STF, maybe if this group found a way to buy out petrie then he would leave, otherwise i dont see any great rush for him to pack bags and head out of town just cos hes mr unpopular.

Jonnyboy
03-06-2014, 07:39 PM
Intentions are clear #petrieout. No angry mob.

You're being very naive if you think there will be no anger at the protest meeting.

marinello59
03-06-2014, 07:56 PM
You're being very naive if you think there will be no anger at the protest meeting.

Just try and behave yourself. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
03-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Just try and behave yourself. :greengrin

Oooh ah could crush a grape :greengrin

JustSimplyHibs
03-06-2014, 07:57 PM

No, not at all. I just want her to grasp the bull by the horns, show some leadership... Something not seen at this club in years. I also want the chance to read her body lanuage as she delivers a message aimed to unit and push this club forward.

Look at the situation, the majority of the support want Petrie away, potential demonstrations, unrest between certain quarters of the support on who should represent everyones interests - really divided between Kano. A league that i feel the club/board should be looking to get out off - IMO this year, look around, we have no first team so far with only 9 weeks or so to the start of the season.

I' not undermining her, i want her to show leadership, communicate especially regarding the management situation - the club have yet to answer questions from a huge majority of the support regarding Butcher's future.

Scouse Hibee
03-06-2014, 07:59 PM

:agree: I just hope that the anger and how it is chanelled doesn't become the main talking point.

marinello59
03-06-2014, 08:17 PM
Oooh ah could crush a grape :greengrin

You mad mental *******!

147lothian
04-06-2014, 12:53 AM
Maybe more akin to the wonderful phrase "Nero fiddled while Rome burned"

I hear ya! you are on the right track!

My thoughts completely

04-06-2014, 05:53 AM

Of course there will be a lot of anger - thats why we are protesting in the first place. Theres a lot of anger and frustration at how our club has been run but as I said on another thread, if we start breaking things or throwing objects etc. then it will completely discredit our campaign and we will loose all crediability. Furthermore, it will only serve to make Rod Petrie dig his heels in even more as he wouldn't want to be seen bowing to thuggish behaviour.

The media will no doubt have caught wind of this and may come along so lets not show ourselves up by being photographed acting like idiots. Keep it as dignified as possible. Show our anger/frustration/discontent etc. in an adult way - after all if we act like adults we are more likely to be treated like adults and be taken seriously.

bighairyfaeleith
04-06-2014, 06:02 AM
Of course there will be a lot of anger - thats why we are protesting in the first place. Theres a lot of anger and frustration at how our club has been run but as I said on another thread, if we start breaking things or throwing objects etc. then it will completely discredit our campaign and we will loose all crediability. Furthermore, it will only serve to make Rod Petrie dig his heels in even more as he wouldn't want to be seen bowing to thuggish behaviour.

The media will no doubt have caught wind of this and may come along so lets not show ourselves up by being photographed acting like idiots. Keep it as dignified as possible. Show our anger/frustration/discontent etc. in an adult way - after all if we act like adults we are more likely to be treated like adults and be taken seriously.

I disagree with the protest however you are spot on about how people should behave if they choose to protest. The last thing we need is a bigger divide between the fans and the club after Saturday.

Hibernia Na Eir
04-06-2014, 06:15 AM

pretty much spot on.

Gustavo Fring
04-06-2014, 06:35 AM
i was going on saturday but have since changed my mind, petrie owns a stake in Hibs, theres no way hes stepping away from that unless bought out, a group of fans chanting "petrie out" wont matter a jot to him or STF, maybe if this group found a way to buy out petrie then he would leave, otherwise i dont see any great rush for him to pack bags and head out of town just cos hes mr unpopular.

so by your reckoning everyone who has a 10% stake in a company has a divine right to rule as chairman ? or at least be on the board

that doesnt add up to me

Ringothedog
04-06-2014, 06:48 AM
so by your reckoning everyone who has a 10% stake in a company has a divine right to rule as chairman ? or at least be on the board

that doesnt add up to me

But, if the owner who owns 88% of the organisation wants the person who owns 10% as chairman then it becomes a fait accompli.

Gustavo Fring
04-06-2014, 06:54 AM
But, if the owner who owns 88% of the organisation wants the person who owns 10% as chairman then it becomes a fait accompli.

you'd think the owner might want to say a few words on the current shambles that his fait accompli chairman has landed us in then eh

petrie is done , finished , whether the owner likes it or not

Brightside
04-06-2014, 07:13 AM
you'd think the owner might want to say a few words on the current shambles that his fait accompli chairman has landed us in then eh

petrie is done , finished , whether the owner likes it or not

You dont own the club...None of us do. We can all say its our club etc but its not. STF owns the club, and Petrie manages the finances of the club on his behalf. So Petrie isnt done, finished etc. A change has already taken place as Petrie knows he doesnt have the skills the run the football side of the club. I'm willing to give the new CEO time to turn things around.

Ringothedog
04-06-2014, 08:29 AM
You dont own the club...None of us do. We can all say its our club etc but its not. STF owns the club, and Petrie manages the finances of the club on his behalf. So Petrie isnt done, finished etc. A change has already taken place as Petrie knows he doesnt have the skills the run the football side of the club. I'm willing to give the new CEO time to turn things around.

This.

And regardless of what we say, think or do, nothing will change. Petrie is here for the forseeable future and will only leave when STF sells the club. We may not like it but this is where we are at.

TrinityHibs
04-06-2014, 11:24 AM

This.

And regardless of what we say, think or do, nothing will change. Petrie is here for the forseeable future and will only leave when STF sells the club. We may not like it but this is where we are at.

This is where I see Petrie and Hibs.

147lothian
04-06-2014, 05:57 PM
Nothing will change if we just sit back and accept the way the club is run with brand petrie there, I want change, that's why im going to the demo on Saturday at 11:00am at the car park behind the main stand

Ringothedog
04-06-2014, 06:18 PM
Nothing will change if we just sit back and accept the way the club is run with brand petrie there, I want change, that's why im going to the demo on Saturday at 11:00am at the car park behind the main stand

I hear what you are saying and agree with trying to get rid of Petrie but we can demonstrate all we want t but he will not leave. This protest will get us nowhere. I was originally going to attend but I just can't convince myself that it is worth the effort or that anything will change.